Project The PU Theorymon Project [Week eighteen: Meganium]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The winner is Marogod! Normally wouldnt say this but seriously that set is still E or D- rank shit at best holy shit how did that win over Raiza's or Anty's which I'd actually use
Edit: for clarification, I'm simply encouraging for people to vote for the sets that make things viable as that's the intent of the project.

713.gif

Our next subject is offensive Avalugg! This is not a defensive spin set, that has plenty of different support moves so it'd need magic bounce or wonder guard to really improve. How can we make offensive Avalugg viable? This might be a bit harder :)​

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Avalugg @ Never-Melt Ice / Leftovers
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Recover

Main reason why offensive Avalugg is crap is because of its best Ice STAB has unreliable damage output and because it's slow as fuck and is thus checked by literally every special attacker with decent damage output. Refrigerate + Double-Edge makes Avalugg quite an offensive powerhouse, while Quick Attack solves the Speed problem to an extent. 20 Speed is for Duosion btw. Rapid Spin is also a cool option for unblockable hazard removal.

Megazard Dude it gets RAPID Spin

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Avalugg @ Leftovers / NeverMeltIce
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

I thought about giving Avalugg Swords Dance along with Ice Shard to make it a dangerous wallbreaker/sweeper, as it in precedence it lacked a boosting move that could make it threatening on the offensive side, and something to make up for its poor Speed. Avalugg can actually find some spaces to set up on physical attackers, and Swords Dance works well in conjunction with Avalanche and Avalugg's low Speed to pull off incredibly strong attacks, so I think these two moves can fullfill the objectives, while still keeping Avalugg rather checkable because of its terrible Speed and special bulk.

Last edited:

Offensive Avalugg (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Ice/Steel
Ability: whatever
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Icicle Crash
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Avalugg's many weaknesses are pretty scary, adding a steel type neutrailzes it's weakness to Rock and Steel (yes! no more SRock weakness), but makes fire and fighting types more scary. Then 2 STABs would be nice, as I researched and found that Avalugg knew Gyro Ball! This takes advantage of Avalugg's low speed. Avalugg has horrible Ice STABs and a strong Ice type STAB could really help it. So BAM Icicle Crash. It can also be a spinner and recover health to improve it's bulk on the field. It would still be in PU because of it's weakness to fire and fighting, two of the common attacking types in PU. Also, it's low speed is a bummer too.

Reasoning:
Steel type because it's Pokedex entry says:
Its ice-covered body is as hard as steel. Its cumbersome frame crushes anything that stands in its way. (OR)

Icicle Crash because if you look closely at it's feet, what do you see? CLAWS/ICICLES! Also,
The way several Bergmite huddle on its back make it look like an aircraft carrier made of ice. (AS)
Aircraft carriers sometimes crash into other things too. erhm...

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MaroGod I'm not hating on you at all, I'm pointing out that the intent is to vote for sets that make these mons viable, which yours really didn't (not your fault or an issue really) and I don't get why everyone else voted for it, it kinda goes against the project. If you have more to say, please pm me

Edit: for clarification, I'm simply trying to get people to vote for sets that make things viable, which was the point of the project. If you don't, I obviously won't do anything and that's life, and this has nothing to do with MaroGod as he wasn't even the one voting for his submission

To maro and letterman, why is icicle crash better than avalanche? It's being outslowed unless it's in tr anyway.

Last edited:
To maro and rubsomebacononit, why is icicle crash better than avalanche? It's being outslowed unless it's in tr anyway.
Avalanche gets its maximum damage out put only if you have been damaged that turn. Since my set is all about immediate damage straight away i put Crash since its just more of a guarantee for maximum STAB damage. Not that Avalanche isn't good it took a bit of thought about which move to go for but in the end Icicle Crash has that reliability factor.

Avalanche gets its maximum damage out put only if you have been damaged that turn. Since my set is all about immediate damage straight away i put Crash since its just more of a guarantee for maximum STAB damage. Not that Avalanche isn't good it took a bit of thought about which move to go for but in the end Icicle Crash has that reliability factor.
Same for me.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Well...all of the good ideas are taken. So I tried thinking of something different and found a set that I find hilarious. It's not great by any means, but I had a good laugh making it and hopefully so will you.

Avalugg_XY.gif

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Calm Mind
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake/Superpower
- Recover

The main problem with Offensive Avalugg is that it's walled by a third of the tier and revenge killed by another half of the tier. As it turns out, Calm Mind actually has the potential to patch up these problems.

An Avalugg at +1 is actually a hassle to deal with. At +1, Avalugg hits 315 Special Defense...which makes the iceberg considerably harder to revenge kill when mixed with its already bulky nature. Even its Special Attack at +1 is an asset, as you only need 8 EVs and 1 Calm Mind to ohko Physically Defensive Pelipper 100% of the time with Freeze Dry. You don't even need rocks to get that kill! To better bring the point home, here is a list of pokes that used to reliably check/counter/revenge kill Avalugg before the Calm Mind: Pelipper, Nasty Plot Simipour, Probopass, sometimes Ninetales, Gourgeist, Defensive Misdreavus (w/o Taunt, if that exists), Raichu, Zebstrika, Simisear, and so on. The list unsurprisingly expands to include such things as Poliwrath and always Ninetales at +2. Yes, I have calcs:

Others ---> +1 Avalugg
0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 57-67 (14.5 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Simipour Hydro Pump vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 111-132 (28.3 - 33.7%) -- 96.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Simipour Hydro Pump vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 222-262 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Probopass Flash Cannon vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 152-180 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales Fire Blast vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 257-304 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 57-67 (14.5 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Focus Blast vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 200-237 (51.1 - 60.6%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Overheat vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 200-237 (51.1 - 60.6%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Simisear Fire Blast vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 289-343 (73.9 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
The main point is that none of these are entirely clean kills, and this gives Avalugg room to retaliate as needed.

+1 Avalugg ---> Others

+1 8 SpA Avalugg Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 324-384 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 8 SpA Avalugg Freeze-Dry vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Simipour: 176-210 (60.2 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 210-248 (73.1 - 86.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 268-316 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 242-286 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Simisear: 242-286 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

That is quite the wall of calculations...very long, mostly. If you read through these, you will notice that +1 Avalugg is indeed hardER to KO but still is hit very hard. As such, Calm Mind Avalugg would probably be best used as a bait set to lure out VIP targets for another pokemon to sweep. Yes, this Avalugg would be great as Pelipper or Simipour bait, and can smash things like Ninetales and Simisear too...which makes this set weirdly unique. You can also swap Earthquake for Superpower to hit Lickilicky and others much harder, but then you lose to Fire so pick your poison. Calm Mind would give Offensive Avalugg a very interesting niche within PU.

You might also notice that Avalugg has a stat spread that would make a good Cro set (Rest/Sleep Talk/Calm Mind/Freeze-Dry). This is entirely possible as well, and gives PU a Cro-mon that isn't weak to Knock Off or have an incredibly low HP stat.

To end, this is not a great set. I laugh every time I go through the calculations, and I do not expect any of the VITALLY IMPORTANT votes to go my way with this. I mainly just had a blast making this set and wanted to share. Also, one of my favorite parts of theorymon is thinking of brand new ways to view things and this far and away from any other submission here.

tl;dr = Avalugg with Calm Mind fleshes out its bulk to the point where it can take on a notable number of past checks and counters, and Freeze-Dry lets Avalugg use the special attack boosts and gives it an answer to Water types that wall it otherwise. It is not serious! It is just something fun to think about.

Well...all of the good ideas are taken. So I tried thinking of something different and found a set that I find hilarious. It's not great by any means, but I had a good laugh making it and hopefully so will you.

View attachment 45569
Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Calm Mind
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake/Superpower
- Recover

The main problem with Offensive Avalugg is that it's walled by a third of the tier and revenge killed by another half of the tier. As it turns out, Calm Mind actually has the potential to patch up these problems.

An Avalugg at +1 is actually a hassle to deal with. At +1, Avalugg hits 315 Special Defense...which makes the iceberg considerably harder to revenge kill when mixed with its already bulky nature. Even its Special Attack at +1 is an asset, as you only need 8 EVs and 1 Calm Mind to ohko Physically Defensive Pelipper 100% of the time with Freeze Dry. You don't even need rocks to get that kill! To better bring the point home, here is a list of pokes that used to reliably check/counter/revenge kill Avalugg before the Calm Mind: Pelipper, Nasty Plot Simipour, Probopass, sometimes Ninetales, Gourgeist, Defensive Misdreavus (w/o Taunt, if that exists), Raichu, Zebstrika, Simisear, and so on. The list unsurprisingly expands to include such things as Poliwrath and always Ninetales at +2. Yes, I have calcs:

Others ---> +1 Avalugg
0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 57-67 (14.5 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Simipour Hydro Pump vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 111-132 (28.3 - 33.7%) -- 96.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Simipour Hydro Pump vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 222-262 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Probopass Flash Cannon vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 152-180 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales Fire Blast vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 257-304 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 57-67 (14.5 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Focus Blast vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 200-237 (51.1 - 60.6%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Overheat vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 200-237 (51.1 - 60.6%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Simisear Fire Blast vs. +1 240 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 289-343 (73.9 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
The main point is that none of these are entirely clean kills, and this gives Avalugg room to retaliate as needed.

+1 Avalugg ---> Others

+1 8 SpA Avalugg Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 324-384 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 8 SpA Avalugg Freeze-Dry vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Simipour: 176-210 (60.2 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 210-248 (73.1 - 86.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 268-316 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 242-286 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
8 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Simisear: 242-286 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

That is quite the wall of calculations...very long, mostly. If you read through these, you will notice that +1 Avalugg is indeed hardER to KO but still is hit very hard. As such, Calm Mind Avalugg would probably be best used as a bait set to lure out VIP targets for another pokemon to sweep. Yes, this Avalugg would be great as Pelipper or Simipour bait, and can smash things like Ninetales and Simisear too...which makes this set weirdly unique. You can also swap Earthquake for Superpower to hit Lickilicky and others much harder, but then you lose to Fire so pick your poison. Calm Mind would give Offensive Avalugg a very interesting niche within PU.

You might also notice that Avalugg has a stat spread that would make a good Cro set (Rest/Sleep Talk/Calm Mind/Freeze-Dry). This is entirely possible as well, and gives PU a Cro-mon that isn't weak to Knock Off or have an incredibly low HP stat.

To end, this is not a great set. I laugh every time I go through the calculations, and I do not expect any of the VITALLY IMPORTANT votes to go my way with this. I mainly just had a blast making this set and wanted to share. Also, one of my favorite parts of theorymon is thinking of brand new ways to view things and this far and away from any other submission here.

tl;dr = Avalugg with Calm Mind fleshes out its bulk to the point where it can take on a notable number of past checks and counters, and Freeze-Dry lets Avalugg use the special attack boosts and gives it an answer to Water types that wall it otherwise. It is not serious! It is just something fun to think about.
I thought earlier of this one, without Calm Mind and I just got dissapointed that the only threat that got hit harder by Freeze Dry instead of Avalanche or Earthquake was Pelipper (Swanna can still be kicked out by Avalanche)... of Course, with Calm Mind at least it could get stronger and ger better Special Defense, but isn't as Offensive as we could believe...

Then, mine will be:

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Recover

Well this is my two cents on Avalugg posibilities... Avalugg has always suffered against water pokés because they can hit it hard and it can't do much in return... but with Wild Charge (Which isn't that hard to find in weird things like Volcarona and Spinda, so why not?) it can deal with most of them, even its archnemesis Pelipper!

Offensive Calcs:
252+ Atk Avalugg Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Simipour: 292-344 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Avalugg Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Poliwrath: 210-248 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Avalugg Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 292-344 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Avalugg Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 324-382 (103.8 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Avalugg Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 248-292 (82.3 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Avalugg Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Swanna: 584-688 (200.6 - 236.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The defensive calcs I think are not that much needed since we already know how good it fares against physical moves and how bad it deals with special moves...

See ya!

MZ

GrimoireGod Rennyjesus
your sets are too stupid for me to allow. avalugg is not getting quick attack or wild charge

I AM EXTENDING THE WEEK AND ALLOWING DEFENSIVE AVALUGG SINCE THIS IS SO HARD :S PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY POSTED CAN EDIT STUFF JUST TAG ME SO I KNOW MMK?

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Rocks are good and Avalugg should be able to set up them. Pretty basic. A set i would actually use unlike Calm Mind or SD smh Raiza.

GrimoireGod Rennyjesus
your sets are too stupid for me to allow. avalugg is not getting quick attack or wild charge

I AM EXTENDING THE WEEK AND ALLOWING DEFENSIVE AVALUGG SINCE THIS IS SO HARD :S PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY POSTED CAN EDIT STUFF JUST TAG ME SO I KNOW MMK?
I'm sorry but... This isn't supposed to be theorymon? What are the probabilities of Zebstrika Gaining a dual normal type or Noctowl being a Normal/Dark poke with Nasty Plot AND Dark Pulse? As many as Avalugg gaining Wild Charge I guess... Again, Wild Charge is a TM for a kinda big group of pokes and some of them you wouldn't expect to have the move like those two examples (Spinda and Volcarona... What the heck does have a Teddy Bear or a Flame Bug that could allow them to launch electrical charged tackles? I would never know) so, I don't see the big deal...

However, don't worry about my stupid sets... I'm not going to edit nor participate anymore on this thread... You are just plain rude and that's just not my style...

See ya guys and good luck!

Edit: How Ice could produce electricity? There you go...
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/13sep_electricice/

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Avalugg @ Choice Band / Lum Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Facade / Iron Head / ROCK POLISH

Avalugg is such a cool Pokemon, although it doesn't have much use in the metagame. It's high Attack stat is held back by its typing and Speed, although with a few changes this could be improved upon. Weak Armor pairs well with its already Sky high Defense stat, as it can take a Physical hit and gain Speed. The given Speed allows it to outpace Golem and Armaldo after a Weak Armor boost. Icicle Spear works better on a Speed raising offensive Pokemon, and is more reliable, given the fact that it has negative priority.

Giving Weak Armor to Avalugg makes sense, as it has a body made of ice, which already has cracks in it Icicle Crash is pretty self explanatory.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ice/Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Atk
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Recover / Rapid Spin

Attempting to make both Offensive/Defensive in some way

Reasoning: Steel-Type
Avaluggs X pokedex entry "Its ice-covered body is as hard as steel" This enough justifies a steel typing. It also learns a few Steel moves Iron Head, Iron defence, Gyro Ball and Flash Cannon.

Reasoning: Heavy Slam
Avaluggs X pokedex entry "Its cumbersome frame crushes anything that stands in its way" avalugg is also currently the HEAVIEST Ice-type weighing 1113.3 lbs

Competitive Usage: Typing
Ice/Steel Neutral- Ghost, Dark, Electric, Rock, Steel

Ice/Steel weaknesses- Fire, Fighting, Ground

Ice/Steel Resistances- Normal, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Fairy, Dragon, Bug, Ice

Immunity- Poison

An Ice/Steel typing has a surprising ability to check and counter many pokemon and hit hard even without Attack investment. In order to keep the previous weeks Offensive tide i gave it Avalanche, Heavy Slam and EQ with a final choice between Recover (recovery) or Rapid Spin (Hazard Removal). Base 117 Atk is not bad at all and even without investment can do good damage a separate EV spread however can be used 252 Atk/ 236 Spdef/ 20 Spe.

Megazard is it ok to delete my previous post and replace it with this new one instead?

Last edited:

MZ

Yeah, when we vote that will be your submission. You can delete your old one

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Evs: 84 HP / 252 Sp/ 172 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Avalanche

After thinking forever about how i could possibly make this theorymon work after getting beat to my first few initial ideas, I had to really thing creatively on this one. This set helps it both offensively and utility-wise. With Guts and Knock Off, Avalugg now successfully beats virtually all spinblockers in pu, allowing it to be a reliable rapid spinner that can also cripple eviolite users and defensive pokemon in general. With reliable recovery, Avalugg can almost always get away with no hazards on your side of the field with this set. Misdreavus, Gourgeist, Dusclops, Drifblim, all of theses ghost types now can't burn you without getting punished. Knock off cripples both missy and dusclops (and frillish lol), allowing it to beat them reliably too. Avalugg tends to get statused a bunch anyways too, so you may not even have to worry about predicting WoW's to get your boost.

Yes, it still struggles against Special Attackers, but every pokemon in this tier has a problem, so give avalugg a break. This improvement is small yet still drastically improves its ability to keep hazards off your field. Not to mention, it absorbs all the status you need to except sleep (Not good lol), and para is annoying too i guess. Either way, yeah, this thing is pretty legit imo. The only ghost type that reliably beats the crap out of you is Croclops, and that is like nonexistant nowadays lol.

Also the Evs are so that you can take two offensive misdreavus shadow balls while still keeping as much HP as you can for wallling both sides of offense.

Not to mention you now can cripple Tangela, Clefairy, Piloswine, and i'm sure there are others but i'm blanking. So it also helps your win condition get ko's to sweep! ^^

Against Defensive Missy: This fight is easy since you are actually ev'd to survive two offensive misdreavus shadow balls all the time. with no haxy drops, you can ko it with Knock Off+Avalanche. However, be wary of pain split because that could be bad if you let it happen at the wrong time.

Against Offensive Missy: Don't switch into offensive missy, its very unlikely you will win if you switch in. However, if you let it switch into you, you beat it. You can take a +2 Shadow Ball, which means you can take two shadow balls as well at +0. Your Knock Off will ohko misdreavus with like 10% prior damage and Stealth rocks, and that is without guts. If you predict the switch into missy, you get that knock off hit on her and its gg you get your rocks up. that is the best thing you can do. She either switches into you, or lets you rapid spin so its pick her poison.

Against Gourgeist-Super: Easy game, just avalanche or knock off or both, its a 2hko with Avalanche+Knock Off and it can't do squat to you.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Avalugg Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 158-188 (48.7 - 58%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Misdreavus: 219-258 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Knock Off+Avalanche 2HKO's Defensive Misdreavus like all the time so if you predict it right you got the kill without taking two shadow balls.

0 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 84 HP / 172 SpD Avalugg: 103-123 (29.2 - 34.9%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
You take these much better so its really no fight unless you get SpDef drop like twice

252+ SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 84 HP / 172 SpD Avalugg: 148-175 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
You don't switch in on offensive missy. you let it switch into you :) if it doesnt you get your rapid spin off

252+ Atk Guts Avalugg Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 238-280 (73.4 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This is the best thing that could happen, and with only like 10% prior damage it ohko's pretty reliably

252+ Atk Avalugg Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 218-258 (74.9 - 88.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
It is much easier to kill Offensive Misdreavus, but it is harder to take less damage.
252+ Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 252-296 (67.3 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
This is easy to deal with compared to misdreavus
252+ Atk Avalugg Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 136-162 (36.3 - 43.3%) -- 98.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gourgeist only has 8 Synthesis PP so it can only stall you for so long if it chooses to try to do so, and if it burns you it dies.

So to sum it all up, I gave Avalugg Knock Off and Guts so it can now effectively rapid spin 90% of the time, Cripple Evioliters, and Absorb Status, while still taking physical attacks and dishing out damage. Oh, and Avalugg can have guts because he is tough looking ice monster! I mean, larvitar and pupitar has guts so fite me, it seems like it could happen. And like 60% of the world has the move knock off, and some don't have hands O_O.

EDIT: IGNORE the misdreavus attached file, idk how to get rid of it i'm a computer noob.

Attachments

MZ

You can vote now
didn't feel like responding but holy fuck I've rejected other stuff too and it's a theorymon set not a master's thesis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)