The Rabbit Fgts - A GothZard HO Team, peaked 1816, top 100 (so far)

The Rabbit Fgts
~ Thank you based TFL for the format ~

Thank you Ajwf for this awesome pic.

It was literally that obvious.

Actually, it was far more complicated when I made this team. It all started when a good friend of mine, raiderrocker18, who got driver in the OU Room on Pokemon Showdown the day before I got voice, said something along the lines of "Azumarill is the only really solid check to Zard X, unless you have some sort of TPunch + HP Ground Goth BS". That got me thinking, though. I always wanted to use TPunch Zard but never really tried. So naturally, I went straight to work.

At this point, I wanted something to deal with Latios and Latias for my Zard, as well as , as well as giving a nice Ghost resists to the team, and allowing Aegislash to be further checked. Since I would have no Earthquake on my Charizard, I did not want to run into any potential trouble with King's Shield, so Pursuit Bisharp joined the squad.

At this point, I realized that other Zard X's were a huge problem, and that aside from Goth's HP Ground, Heatran just walled the oblivion out of me, so Landorus came aboard. He brought with him amazing skills as a specially offensive powerhouse, and also allowed me to have the all-important Stealth Rocks.

I wanted some sort of hazard removal here, and nothing really could fit all too well, so I, for some stupid reason, put Latios on. I guess I thought that "Hey, its fast, its strong, let's go." It was only really there for the Defog.

Now, I realized that I had a lot of trouble with Greninja and Keldeo, as well as opposing Lati@s if Bisharp was down, so I brought on the almighty Assault Vest Azumarill. It was a perfect match for the team, with its great bulk and power being a very important crutch.

However, I could just not shake the feeling that Latios was awful here on this team. It barely did much offensively, and was usually delegated to death fodder and defog. So, after Latios, I put in Zapdos. However, since this was an offensive team, I put in Life Orb Roost, Defog Zapdos.

After doing some more testing, I realized that that was another terrible idea. And then I finally saw the obvious Mega Pinsir and Talonflame weakness, especially together, as well as Azumarill, so I made Zapdos a physically defensive set. I also switched Heat Wave to Hidden Power Ice to nail lead Landorus T's, cocky Landorus I's, and Garchomps, as well as check potential scarfers for Lando T and Garchomp.

At this point, I tested a lot more, and found that the team was exceptional and worked very well. It was here when it was finalized. And so I dubbed them the Rabbit Fgts, because they were made off of the premise of killing Azumarill's with Charizard X. The name was also to piss off my friend IAmGingy, but I felt it fit regardless.

Short Introduction:
So, I'm KlefkiHolder. You may recognize me as a Roomvoice in the OU Room on PS!, and if you don't, you should come on down to the room, it's really a cool place (go shameless plug-ins!). Anyways, this is my first RMT, so I would gladly accept any criticism, of both the team and the actual structure and quality of the RMT . But, like I said in the building process, this team was built off of Thunder Punch Charizard X, with a HP Ground Gothitelle to beat Heatran. The building process was annoying early on, but I feel that in the end, it ultimately payed off. So, here it is, I guess.

Team Preview:

In Depth:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch

Alright, so this is the set that started it all. The first three moves are all tried and true, but Charizard X, unless it is at like +3, will almost always be stopped by an Azumarill. Unless of course, it has Thunder Punch. However, the move itself is obscure for the dragon, which is quite odd considering how much of a threat in general Azumarill is. So, I put Thunder Punch on to always OHKO Azumarill at +1 (Unless it is physically defensive, but if it is, chances are it will not be a threat anyways). It also allows for a safe alternative late-game to handle some other threats, with Skarmory being a big one, where recoil can make-or-break the match. Now, the other moves are fairly standard, with Dragon Dance being the devastating set-up, Flare Blitz being the absolutely monstrous move that destroys even resisted mons, and Dragon Claw being the safe, but also very strong STAB move to go well perfectly in the set. The EVs are standard for a sweeper, nothing huge here.

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick​
Gothitelle's role in this team is first and foremost to handle Heatran. That explains the Hidden Power Ground, which, coupled with Shadow Tag's trapping, results in a dead Heatran. However, the choice of Choice Specs (no pun intended) was purely to punish stall, with Heatran being a major reason. Gothitelle, I've found, lacks a certain umph without Specs, and it really needs it to dismantle stall. And since its role as a stallbreaker packs raw power which Specs, it needs it in its movepool as well. Psychic is the main stab to hit a lot of frailer Pokemon for big damage, but is also there to beat down Mega Venusaur's and Quagsire's (especially this since it counters Bisharp and Charizard), which it does a far better job at than Psyshock. Thunderbolt is there to trap and pick off Skarmory, and Trick is to trap walls like Chansey into a spot where they can really do nothing. The EVs on Goth are the most complicated of the whole team. The 252 Sp. Atk is standard to get the most out of Gothitelle's potential. The speed, however, is made to creep on 44 Speed Rotom W, and nail it before it Volt's out. The remainder are poured into health.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Ah Bisharp. Bisharp, Bisharp, Bisharp. I remember when people thought you sucked in UU this gen. Now look at you, you're on the top of OU. Bisharp's spot in the team is invaluable. While the set is standard and known by all, it still devastates many teams due to the incredible power it contains. Pursuit is to pick off threats like Latios, and Latias (and Mew. Don't diss Mew), and get some very important chip damage on Chansey and frailer mons in general. Sucker is the priority that everyone fears, holding insane power in its grasps. Knock Off is to punish almost everything that doesn't resist it, or is a mega that is not weak to it or incredibly frail, and to take away precious items. Finally, Iron Head is the very important steel coverage for the team that kills fairies and other Pokemon in general. The EVs are standard for Bisharp, giving great power with its moveset and great speed against Fairies.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

As if I didn't need any more Aegislash or Heatran checks, here it is, the broken mighty Landorus I. Having just been catapulted to S Rank in OU, he is among the largest threats in the metagame right now. His power is unrivaled, his movepool perfect. His Earth Power is the strongest in the game, demolishing almost everything unresisted that is not named Chansey. Psychic allows the team to further smack Mega Venusaur down, as well as Conkeldurr if Azumarill is down. Focus Blast is for Ferrothorn, stopping it from demolishing the team if Charizard is down. Lastly, Stealth Rock is there for reasons that you probably know by now. A team great without Stealth Rock can be very hard to find at times. The EVs are standard for a offensive pokemon like Landorus, using his great speed tier to fully.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def/ 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Zapdos is the glue of the team, keeping things in check. He stops Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, and strong physical attackers in general, from walking over everyone else, while also providing hazard support, longevity, and some very key kills. Defog is there to allow Charizard and the team (but mostly zard) from taking substantial chip damage, Roost to allow Zapdos to live long. Thunderbolt is there over Discharge or something else to help guarantee kills against Pinsir and choice-locked Keldeos, as Discharge just cannot do it sometimes. Finally, Hidden Power Ice is there for Landorus', I and T, who come in on Thunderbolt's, or stay in to try and attack you, as well as Garchomps, especially Lead Chomps. I tested Heat Wave, but found that it was unnecessary as the team already dealt fine with Aegislash and Ferrothorn. The EVs are to provide maximum physical bulk, as well as get the most out of leftovers (that is why it is 252 HP, not 248) and outspeed Bisharp Knock Offs.​

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill is a huge threat in XY, and when one looks at what it gained, there is no doubt why. Azumarill, since Generation 3, has always packed a lot of power, but its potential was not quite yet met until Gen 6 gave it the godsend of Fairy type and the almighty Play Rough. Azumarill's set here is also fairly standard. Aqua Jet is the strong priority that takes many weakened (or sometimes not) souls. Waterfall is the stronger water move, a STAB that is always very nice to have. Play Rough allows Azumarill to punish Dark types and Fighting types who might give Gothitelle and Bisharp trouble, and Knock Off is there for the same reason as it is on Bisharp, to punish almost everything that has an item, with Aegislash being in mind specifically here. Now, as for the choice of Assault Vest... AV Azu is here to provide a counter to two of the biggest checks to the team otherwise: Keldeo and Greninja. AV Azu stops both very easily, while also swiftly disposing of them. Without Azumarill, they, and many other special attackers, would demolish the team. It also provides a nice partner to the Phys Def Zapdos, being a more offensive version of ZapCune. The EVs are there to provide optimal performance for the Assault Vest great special bulk to go with the Assault Vest, as well as staying a very good check to physical threats like Charizard X and Landorus.

Conclusion:

Throughout my testing, the team has performed very well. While it may not look like too much on paper, it is truly great in practice. So far, I've peaked ~1816 (I know for a fact that it was at least 1815) and top 100 on the ladder with the team, and with further improvements (hopefully) out of this RMT, I'd like to make that even higher. Feel free to use the team, it's probably the one of mine I am most proud of. Once again, I would love to hear some feedback and improvements. Be as harsh as you can. Trust me, a harsh critic is a good critic, as they don't let feelings or anything else get in the way of the truth. If you think the team is bad, just say it. I promise I won't take it personally.

:)

=== The Rabbit Fgts ===

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def/ 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

First of all, I'd like to thank raiderrocker18 for giving me the idea of the team, and also for helping iron out some aspects of it.
I'd also like to thank TFL for letting me use the RMT format. Go Tiffle!
Also, IAmGingy for being a good fgt testing partner and person to get some building advice from.
Another person I'd like to thank is Nog for being someone else who gave me some advice on the team and for also being based.
And finally, since there are too many other people over there I want to thank, I'll just thank the Pokemon Showdown OU Room for having a lot of cool, helpful people, and for also helping me become the battler I am today.
Since I forgot you, here's one to my good friend Max, who Does Drugs, who is a really cool person to get advice from, or just talk to in general.

Last edited:
I'm only going to list the things that are a problem for the team, both offensively and defensively

Red = Major Threat
Orange = Minor Threat

Offensive Threats

Mega Aerodactyl - Alright, so this thing does do a huge chunk to the whole team, but it is not something that will come in and 6-0 automatically. Azumarill's Aqua Jet dents it a lot, and if Charizard is at +1, it becomes a non-issue. Also, Zapdos can take a hit and fire back. If they don't have Aqua Tail, Landorus is a good check.

Bisharp - If this is at neutral attack, it should not be an issue, but if it's at +2, pray that you can PP stall well.

Ditto - Just don't boost with Zard.

Kabutops - This thing is by far the largest check to the team. The only way to beat it is to play around it, get good priority hits in with Azumarill (which will do a fair amount under rain, mind you) and Bisharp, and sac a few things. Zapdos can take one Stone Edge from full and fire back with a TBolt, but if they boosted or a Stone Edge crit comes through, it is not looking pretty.

Ludicolo - Still a threat, Ludicolo does a fair chunck to everything, but it can still be dealt with. You can stall the rain out by doing some well played switches with Azu and/or Zard, but there is also other ways around it.

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 218-257 (54 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ludicolo: 240-283 (79.4 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Azumarill can live a Giga Drain and fire back with a massively powerful Play Rough. That then pushes it into a sticky situation with Bisharp, especially with Sub variants, where prediction is all key.

Terrakion - Band is easy to play around with this team, but if it is Life Orb, and Zard is no set up, then there could be an issue. Landorus is the key check here, tanking Close Combats, but Stone Edges do a large amount before you answer with Earth Power. You can Life Orb stall with prediction as well and also, Azumarill does a lot with its Aqua Jets and such, but generally, Terrakion will take some life if you want to take it down.
Thundurus - Zard checks it very well, but hates taking TWaves, so I thought this was worth mentioning.

Defensive Threats

Hippowdon - Azumarill does a lot to all variants, Landorus to physically defensive. Goth can Trick, as always, and if Zard is far enough down the line as far as set-up goes, Hippo dies. Still, late game, it can be quite hard to kill.

Sableye - Very annoying Pokemon, spreading burns and such. Generally, you'll need to play around it with Zard, or, once again, Trick with Gothitelle.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Noice team :]]

Aight, power is noice, but jolly>adamant on char-x. There are some scarfers that give this team some trouble and its nice to just outspeed them and be done with it.
Hp ice< heat wave on zappy. Azumarill can hurt landorus(-t) and heat wave can do some damage to them too. More importantly, this team is sorta shit on by +2 bisharp.
Speaking of Bisharp, I personally like the idea of blackglasses better, but its really up to you.
I'd run some speed on azu just to creep slash, but again, that's mostly up to you. Also, what's with Azu's ev spread? since its taking on so many physically threatening pokemon (conk, ss from keldeo, char-x, other dragons) it needs the HP.

Other than that, nice team ^_^

Noice team :]]

Aight, power is noice, but jolly>adamant on char-x. There are some scarfers that give this team some trouble and its nice to just outspeed them and be done with it.
Hp ice< heat wave on zappy. Azumarill can hurt landorus(-t) and heat wave can do some damage to them too. More importantly, this team is sorta shit on by +2 bisharp.
Speaking of Bisharp, I personally like the idea of blackglasses better, but its really up to you.
I'd run some speed on azu just to creep slash, but again, that's mostly up to you. Also, what's with Azu's ev spread? since its taking on so many physically threatening pokemon (conk, ss from keldeo, char-x, other dragons) it needs the HP.

Other than that, nice team ^_^
I was actually thinking about moving Zard to that after dying to a Scarf Jolly Lando T earlier today. I was going to test it soon.
As for HP Ice, the purpose is to beat common hazard setters Lando T and Garchomp beyond Defog, and to also solidly check Lando I. I'll retest Heat Wave, but I'm leaning towards HP Ice tbh.
The Azu EVs are to provide maximum special bulk, and I've been meaning to look into them further. I just took the ones from the Smogon Analysis. That's still a work in progress tbh.

UPDATE: After doing some calcs, I'm moving over to 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SDef Azumarill. I looked at some things and the difference in how well it deals with things like Charizard X far outweighs the little more damage it takes from a Keldeo

Last edited:
"its shit" quote from god

deo sharp is so much better get with the times replace azumarril with deoxys so you can shut up about it jk

but you need to learn your ivs when you import it you get hp dragon a zappy noob

from poopface i love you

Pretty good team. Some things can be changed. I already told you this but Swords Dance > Pursuit but you did say you need to trap things. Some other things I see wrong is Bisharp EVs. Make it 252 Atk 4 Def 252 Speed. With the 4 in HP, it will take 10% from Life Orb instead of 9%. Odd HP is always better :D. Also, I think Superpower on Landorus would be a better fit for your team just in case Gothitelle or something else won't be able to trap a Chansey. Also, Superpower doesn't have the shitty accuracy of Focus Blast. It still does great damage against things that Focus Blast will hit. Other than that, great team.

Pretty good team. Some things can be changed. I already told you this but Swords Dance > Pursuit but you did say you need to trap things. Some other things I see wrong is Bisharp EVs. Make it 252 Atk 4 Def 252 Speed. With the 4 in HP, it will take 10% from Life Orb instead of 9%. Odd HP is always better :D. Also, I think Superpower on Landorus would be a better fit for your team just in case Gothitelle or something else won't be able to trap a Chansey. Also, Superpower doesn't have the shitty accuracy of Focus Blast. It still does great damage against things that Focus Blast will hit. Other than that, great team.
Oops, yeah on the Bisharp EVs.

As for Landorus, I might try it, but for Chansey, everything but Zapdos deals with it, so that wouldn't really be why I would do that. I prefer Focus Blast for the damage it deals over Superpower, personally, but once again, I might try it.

Nice team. The only weakness I noticed was Thundurus and it was address in the threat list so not much to say here.
Thanks.

Azu can take Thundy on if its at full, and Goth as well (barring NP variants ofc), and Sucker from Bish does I think upwards of 70%, so Thundy isnt unstoppable, but it definitely does some damage whenever it comes in. Lando can also take on HP Fly versions, but yeah, Thundy is still annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)