The rainy road to the WCOP (team Benelux tribute)

Banner by Aerrow

The rainy road to the WCOP (team Benelux tribute)

Introduction:

This team was created to be used in the World Cup. Basically we realised that most of the teams that were going to be used were either Sandstorm or Rain based, so I tried to make a team which could handle both. The result was a balanced Rain team and it actually turned out pretty good in practice. To a lesser extend it also reached #5 on the Smogon server during an early test phase. Me and Darkloïc used this team (or a previous version) during the WCOP and we won all our matches we used it in. The team uses the common core of Jirachi + Gliscor + Rotom-W, although I tweaked their sets to make them less predictable. The team also uses a Toxicroak set we refer to as Mynicroak (cause popularized by Mynism) who turned out to be a real anti-metagame poke. Since Benelux has been eliminated from the World Cup, I decided to retire the team. Now let's take a closer look.

in-depth look:

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast​
Politoed is obvious on a rain team and for me the Scarfed one is the best set to run. I run a pretty standard set and it's effective at revenge killing dangerous stuff like Tornadus, Thunderus, etc., so no need to use something else. Surf over Hydro Pump since in the Rain it is still an insanely powerful move and I don't lose matches due to a miss. I use Perish Song instead of Hypnosis so Politoed is able to counter Baton Pass teams and to prevent last pokes from setting up. I ran Hidden Power [Grass] before to handle Gastrodon, but its damage output was very disappointing and Focus Blast is a good alternative as it has the chance to 2HKO Ferrothorn, who can be an annoyance to this team. I gave Politoed enough speed to outspeed base 115 and pokemon who aim to outspeed those 115 by 1 point, like Scarftar who has become really common lately.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock​
Jirachi is part 1 of the Jirachi + Gliscor + Rotom-W core. Basically it's here to take special hits all day and paralyze as many opposing pokes as possible so my other pokes can sweep more easily, my team is rather slow and the paralyses support really helps. Jirachi also sets up Stealth Rock for this team and it provides the team with Wish support. I run a slightly different set as the standard one. I run Thunder instead of Body Slam as in the Rain, Thunder has 100% accuracy and it's able to hit more pokes then Body Slam would. Many people actually switch Skarmory or Jellicent in on this Jirachi to take the Body Slam only to be crippled by Thunder. In the long run this is very beneficial for me as both those pokes are capable of walling my main sweeper, Toxicroak.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Taunt​
Gliscor provides the physical bulk to the team and easily handles most physical sweepers. I've tried many different Gliscor sets but this one seems to be the most effective one. Instead of going offensive with a Sword Dance set, I'm using this Gliscor as a pivot switch to get my other guys in safely with U-turn. The U-turn Gliscor + Volt Switch Rotom-W strategy is actually pretty effective as they both lure out pokes that are destroyed by the other one. This puts a lot of pressure on my opponent as they are constantly forced to switch. Protect and Taunt are both good options and even to Protect is useful for scouting and to give Gliscor an additional turn of Poison Heal recovery I'm leaning more towards Taunt to screw over Stall. Earthquake and Ice Fang have good enough coverage so no need for something else. The given EV's provide maximum Poison Heal recovery while outspeeding most of the threats it needs to outspeed (including opposing Gliscor). As a nitpick, Gliscor is female so it can handle Rivalry pokes like Haxorus better.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Trick​
Last part of the defensive threesome, Choice Specs Rotom-W is a beast in rain, even things that resists Hydro Pump have the risk of being OHKO'ed in Rain. Thunder is 100% accurate in the Rain and hits pretty hard as well. The main move however is Volt Switch which allows Rotom to not only hurt a switch-in a lot, but it also gives me switch advantage. Water + Electric gives decent coverage but it's still resisted by quite a few things. Luckily the sheer power of Choice Specs makes up for this in a way. Rotom also lures out 2 annoying threats to this team, Gastrodon and Ferrothorn and cripples them with Trick so I can handle them more easily. The EV's allow Rotom to hit as hard as possible with enough Speed to outspeed max speed base 80's, while the remaining EV's boost the bulk a little.

Toxicroak (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Since the SD Toxicroak became so popular and I changed mine back to a Bulk Up set, because it turned out to work better now. It works really well with the Paralysis support from Jirachi and with the Gliscor - Rotom-W Volt Turn combination and Thunder Jirachi taking care of Toxicroak's main counters, I'll usually have an easy time sweeping late game. Drain Punch provides a decent way of recovery, especially with Dry Skin and Black Sludge. Sucker Punch is always a useful move to take care of faster, frailer attackers and it has good coverage with Drain Punch. Substitute is also standard but it eases predicting and prevents status and revenge killing. Toxicroak also provides a useful immunity to Water which takes some pressure of my special wall Jirachi, who doesn't like taking Rain boosted Surfs from the likes of Specs Latios. I know Leftovers is usually preferred over Black Sludge but I like to screw over Trick users, and the Trick to another poke of mine is pretty obvious anyway.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance​
Mynism's Toxicroak set is such a beast and the physical sweeper of this team. It can easily break opposing Jirachi + Gliscor + Rotom-W cores and many other defensive combinations as well. In fact the only pokemon that hard counter this set is Jellicent, who should be lured out and beaten by Jirachi or the U-turn + Volt switch combination from Gliscor and Rotom-W. Toxicroak has quite a few immunities and resistances which allows him to get up a Sword Dance pretty easily despite his frailty and the given moves give Toxicroak the best possible coverage it can get (to bad Drain Punch is illegal with Ice Punch). You have no idea how many people tend to switch in Dragonite, Salamence, Landorus on Toxicroak only to die by Ice Punch. Life Orb is preferred over the standard Black Sludge / Leftovers for the extra power boost and in the Rain the recoil from Life Orb is nullified anyway.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Roost
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock​
Latios glues the team together, both in offense and in defense. While Politoed and Specs Rotom are putting alot of pressure on my opponent's special walls, Latios is here to finish the job. It also handles Sun and opposing Rain teams. Draco Meteor is an extremely powerful move that is sure to dent something. Surf is boosted by Rain and 2HKO's Scizor and Tyranitar. The reason I choose for Psyshock over the preferred Thunder is the reason to hit Blissey, Breloom, Virizion and Gastrodon harder as these pokemon tend to be a bit annoying for this team. Roost allows Latios the heal off the Life Orb recoil and adds to the survivability and it can actually fool people into using Ground moves. I often thought about putting Thunderus in over Latios but Latios has proven to be much more useful overall.

Latias (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute​
Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane​

Conclusion:

Although this team seems like the bog standard for Rain at the moment, I tried to use as many "creative" movesets as possible to abuse the fact that my opponent is predicting the standard sets so I can have the upper hand in the battle. I hope you like this team and don't be shy to leave comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks for reading.

Andraste (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast

Grafton (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spd
- U-turn
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Savannah (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Trick

Saratoga (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
- Roost
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Bellerophon (Toxicroak) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Paris (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Shoutout list:

Vinc2612: proved that "French Luck" is a myth, very good battler nonetheless and a nice guy in general.

KnightoftheWind: the only player on the team who doesn't live close to the Benelux, but has proven he is the solid battler he was the past couple of years.

Twannes: our 5th sub that missed the main selection by sliver, nice guy as well.

Chieliee: youngest member on the team, but a solid battler and friendly guy overall.

ZandgaiaX: me and him were the only Flemish players on the team, funny guy that's always ready for a battle.

Mynism: always around for creating creative and effective movesets, very good battler as well.

McMeghan: won all his world cup matches, good battler and big fan of originality.

DarkLoïc: one of the best battlers I know, doesn't like speaking English though.

H-C: unfortunately on vacation for a big part of the tourney but a good battler nonetheless, hopefully he gets the chance to shine next year.

Lucci: proved that IRC is a pain to use on a phone, and although not in the main team, he helped building + testing our teams in the early stages.

Nelson-X: helped me creating the Benelux team for which I'm very grateful.

Zdrup15: won our Benelux tournament, showing his talent as a battler and being helpful overall.

Tomahawk9: efficient battler even though he takes a minute per turn, he was our living agenda as well, keeping track of everything that needed to be done.

Eldino: co-captain of the team and also pretty effective with his duty as a admin on #Benelux, with moral boosting topics.

Raseri: our secret weapon as a sub, didn't get to play unfortunately, friendly and nice guy.

-Mind-: kept the chat alive with most random topics to talk about, very good battler as well that always keeps his cool.

Aerrow: made our cool banner and even though he's a Canadian supporter, he helped us with his teambuilding knowledge.

Pokémaniac Bill: one of our beloved play-testers and a nice guy altogether.

San_Pellegrino: play-tester and hardcore benelux fan, always ready to offer a helping hand.

Frizy: although an avid OCN fan still a regular on the #Benelux channel, always in for a good laugh.

Moo: a cool guy for making our badass flag / logo.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool team you’ve got here, Delko. I don’t see any major threats to this team bar defensive behemoths such as Ferrothorn, and Gastrodon to an extent, as both can be annoying if played correctly. Although Wise Glasses on Latios has obviously been working for you, I suggest you try out the standard Choice Specs variant instead; the extra firepower attained by this change will help you muscle your way through Pokemon like Gastrodon while also shutting down Pokemon such as Ferrothorn through the use of Trick. Additionally, I suggest you run a bit more bulk on you Rotom – maximum Speed investment doesn’t seem to be necessary; I suggest you run an EV Spread of 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe as this will give your Rotom a bit more bulk while also making sure it outpaces what it needs to beat. I hope this helped and good luck!

Nice team Delko! You'd think that by now people would have figured out a way to beat Jirachi + Gliscor + rotom-w but it is still surprisingly strong. I remember with great fear the wrath of Mynisitoad as well... In any case this is a fine team. With Politoed as a catch-all there is next to no offensive threat that can break you (aside from opposing Mynisicroaks surprisingly enough) but since I'm just being a nitpicky bastard and like rating all your teams I'll give you some advice.

First off I'm not sure if you'd consider running both Taunt AND Protect on Gliscor and ditching Ice Fang. To me, Ice Fang really just breaks Excadrill's balloon and doesn't really end up doing much for you- the only thing it can really help with is Landorus, who is stopped cold by Politoed and outsped and revenged by latios. Gliscor and Dragonite are too bulky to really be affected by it, and really you shouldn't be staying in against Dragonite like that in case it uses DD. Taunt and Protect are both useful and U turn can break balloon just like Ice Fang would.

I'm also not a huge fan of Wise Glasses on Latios, but I can definitely see the appeal- I just think the damage output is a bit disappointing, and good players will realize that the attacks aren't hitting hard enough to warrant specs (well in theory, I guess they probably wouldn't notice). I'd personally prefer Life Orb for that extra oomph while still maintaining the ability to switch attacks and still fooling the occasional moron. You of course won't fool as many people but after a DM special attack drop it would hardly matter.

That's really it, cool team and I hope this helps!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey Delko,

Excellent team. Pretty standard team and core tbh, but hey it works. I think Ferrothorn is a pretty big problem for this team since it has practically no trouble setting up on nearly everything single Pokemon on this team bar Toxicroak, who hates Thunder Wave. It gets up multiple layers of hazards without much difficulty which can really fuck your team over. Giving Latios specs and putting Taunt on Gliscor would definitely help out with this problem. Something that I feel could help your team a lot would be to try out a Specs Politoed and give Rotom the Scarf instead. Focus Blast 2HKOs Ferrothorn, which significantly cuts short its life-span. Luring in and taking out Ferro releases a lot of pressure on your team, allowing you more freedom in switching. Rotom-W is faster than Politoed and can revenge threats such as DD Nite which Politied previously could not. Volt Switch is still pretty powerful, and its two 120 BP STABs still hit like a truck.

Once again, great team, and good luck!

Thanks for the rates ^^

I like that slightly bulkier EV spread Aerrow, I'll use that. Thanks!

I'm actually a bit hesitant about using another Choice user on this team as I already have 2. The main reason I prefer Latios instead of Thunderus is it's access to Recover.

I've actually considered Taunt + Protect on Gliscor a couple of times but Gliscor is my main counter to Dragonite, Salamence and the likes so I can't go without Ice Fang or Stone Edge.

Scarftoed with Perish Song comes in handy against last pokes CM Latias, Sigilyph, etc ... who aren't outsped by a Specs one. I'll try out switching choice items on Politoed and Rotom-W though.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great team Delko, I really enjoyed playing with and against it, and Myniscroak is truly amazing!!!
Glad that I (almost) played for the Benelucks this year, and it truly was a pleasure being co-captain of the team; administrating the IRC channel was a really fun thing to do, and I enjoyed taking on the challenge of taming Frizy!!!
I'll be around next year, ready to play in the first team (I'll most likely have more time) and I will always be a Benelucks supporter for future rounds.

WELL DONE TEAM BENELUXS!!!

P.S. BrightPowder zdrup15 is the most broken shit ever!

Hi Delko, while this team covers attackers very well, it is defensive mons such as Ferrothorn and Gastrodon that'll give you trouble; Ferro spikes on half your team and you have alot of trouble dealing damage to Gastrodon. I think Tentacruel would make a good fit in place of Rotom-W. Toxic Spikes wear down Gastrodon easily, and you can Rapid Spin Ferro's hazards away without much trouble; Scald burns will prevent it from doing much damage to you. It can break down walls like Rotom did, helping Latios out, but through hazards, not powerful attacks.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers | Bold | Rain Dish | EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe (outruns Gliscor)
Toxic Spikes | Rapid Spin | Protect | Scald

With this implemented, I think your team looks extremely solid. Good squad and good luck man!

I didn't say I created it haha. Loveyou boss :s:s
Well, what about LO on Latios ? As you don't need him for defensive purpose it honestly sounds better ..

Shoutout list:

Delko: for being an awesome captain, helping out everyone with their teams and stuff like that, being a cool guy in general and winning his battle in the world cup

Vinc2612: proved that "French Luck" is a myth, very good battler nonetheless and a nice guy in general.

KnightoftheWind: the only player on the team who doesn't live close to the Benelux, but has proven he is the solid battler he was the past couple of years.

Twannes: our 5th sub that missed the main selection by sliver, nice guy as well.

Chieliee: youngest member on the team, but a solid battler and friendly guy overall.

ZandgaiaX: me and him were the only Flemish players on the team, funny guy that's always ready for a battle.

Mynism: always around for creating creative and effective movesets, very good battler as well.

McMeghan: won all his world cup matches, good battler and big fan of originality.

DarkLoïc: one of the best battlers I know, doesn't like speaking English though.

H-C: unfortunately on vacation for a big part of the tourney but a good battler nonetheless, hopefully he gets the chance to shine next year.

Lucci: proved that IRC is a pain to use on a phone, and although not in the main team, he helped building + testing our teams in the early stages.

Zdrup15: won our Benelux tournament, showing his talent as a battler, a bit afraid of intimidating opponents though.

Tomahawk9: efficient battler even though he takes a minute per turn, he was our living agenda as well, keeping track of everything that needed to be done.

Eldino: co-captain of the team and also pretty effective with his duty as a admin on #Benelux, with moral boosting topics.

Raseri: our secret weapon as a sub, didn't get to play unfortunately, friendly and nice guy.

-Mind-: kept the chat alive with most random topics to talk about, very good battler as well that always keeps his cool.

Aerrow: made our cool banner and even though he's a Canadian supporter, he helped us with his teambuilding knowledge.

Pokémaniac Bill: one of our beloved play-testers and a nice guy altogether.

San_Pellegrino: play-tester and hardcore benelux fan, always ready to offer a helping hand.

Frizy: although an avid OCN fan still a regular on the #Benelux channel, always in for a good laugh.

Moo: a cool guy for making our badass flag / logo.
Corrected.

As for the actual team... well.. I'm not a very good rater... so umm... well yea, not gonna rate it :/ and btw, if you change too much (like add the tentacruel), I think it destroys the idea of this team representing us. (Not that tentacruel is a bad addition to this team)

I didn't say I created it haha. Loveyou boss :s:s
Well, what about LO on Latios ? As you don't need him for defensive purpose it honestly sounds better ..
Wise Glasses/Expert Belt is very useful for bluffing the specs. Although, as Smith said, I think the boost in power might make up for it. Testing both items out will probably solve this dilemma though.

As it is supposed to be Chieliee!

It was a nice WCOP for me as well, even though I didn't make the team. The IRC channell always was fun to visit and to talk with others. I'm definitely gonna be in this team next year (as sub, main player or just for fun)!

YAY for Benelux!

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To beat Gastrodon in my rain, I used Toxik on Politoed instead of Focus Blast/HP grass. It works good, and can beat Jellicent too. Ferothorn doesn't take a lot of damages anyway with FB, and Gastrodon handle quite good HP grass.

Ferrothorn is stopped by Gliscor with taunt. It would spike on the switch, maybe, but that's right with another counter. Does it mean that every team need Magnezone or a spinner to fix Ferrothorn ? Your team isn't so spikes weak. Three Pokemons are immunised, and you have a wisher.

I'd put sub on toxicroak to avoid burn and t-wave, also sub and sucker punch work very well together.
i would change to CM latios with surf and d-pulse
i would put black sludge on toxicroak cos LO is unnecessary with swords dance and MO subs MO better
and id take of perish song for thunder for gyrados, and gives great coverage with ice beam (bolt beaming)

Perhaps to remedy the Latios issue, I would recommend Expert Belt over Wise Glasses as it can quite effectively bluff Choice Specs. In addition, I feel that Bulk Up Toxicroak is a much better option in this metagame as it boosts defense as well. With paralysis support from Jirachi, Toxicroak can now outspeed many threats and get a Sub up and Bulk Up for the win. Bulk Up Toxicroak actually deals with Ground-types much better, and can 2HKO Hippowdon with Drain Punch after 2 Bulk Ups. Also, with Leftovers, it heals almost all the health lost from using Substitute. Also, I don't really like U-turn on Gliscor even though I know you are using it as part of your pivoting core. I would replace it with Swords Dance as then Gliscor can actually do some damage, also, with Swords Dance, Gliscor can eventually beat Ferrothorn.

Thanks for the rates guys, and Benelux ftw.

Tentacruel isn't needed over Rotom-W though, as without it I'm swept by Gyarados and Scizor. Rotom-W helps me with Gastrodon and Ferrothorn in a way as Trick makes them pretty much useless.
I like to Life Orb suggestion and since I used the exact same Latios in a earlier team, I'll probably use that again.
Toxic is also a good suggestion, although I find it a bit of a waste on Scarftoed. I'll try it though.
Unfortunately there is no room for Substitute on Toxicroak as I really need the offensive moves for coverage. Also I ran the Bulk Up set before but Mynicroak is just better and can sweep without setting up.

i agree with the tentacruel suggestion. you say that without rotom you get swept by gyara/scizor, but you have latios/rachi for the former and scarftoed for the latter. hell, tenta can even take on both with the evs suggested by bkc by just spamming rain-boosted scalds; you're gonna burn eventually. w/o tenta youre going to get smashed by ferrothorn and gastrodon easily. trick isnt a reliable way of stopping those two threats, especially because theyre often paired together.

i've tried your team with Tenta, and he is very usefull counting the TS support, rain dish recovery and the scout from protect and Rapid spin can be useful against spikes, not counting the 30% burn from rain boosted STAB Scald.

I also want to consider Sword Dance over u-turn on Gliscor and running a definitive Taunt that transform Ferrothorn in a setup bait.

Rotom-W can be a huge problem for your team, but scouting it with Gliscor & Toxicroack (both are immune to his respective STAB) you can notice if it is choiced or not and taking him with the proper counter.

Also, the Toxicroak set is a damn good one, i swept so many Gliscor :Q_
And good idea to use Thunder over Bodyslam/T-wave so you can use Rachi on the physical and on the special side (in case you get burn, rachi is not that useless :P)

I've always love your team, and that's another good too.
GL !

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Hi Delko,

Nothing to say on the team, it's really solid. I wanted to congrats you for getting benelux to a quiete very good performance.

Who could imagine it when i first MP you concerning the creation of the team. x)

It is sure, next time, we will definitively pass to qurter finals as a big part of dutsh,belgian players had already subscribed in Team Europe or hasn't been informed of the benelux team.

Anyway, GL and Congrats !

Oh, how could I have forgoten Nelson, added you to the shout-out list buddy ^^

Anyway, I'm really not a big fan of the Tentacruel suggestion as I really like the sheer power Choice Specs Rotom-W has but since so many of you suggested it, I'll try it out then.

Thanks for the rates guys, I also updated the OP with changes that have been made (Life Orb and Dragon Pulse on Latios instead of Wise Glasses and Draco Meteor) and removed some slashes.

Or use HP Grass over Trick .. Ferrothorn can't take a lot of Pumps from this Rotom and if you really have problem with it, just use Taunt over U-turn on Gliscor.

Nice team. Although, I would suggest using Focus Blast/Hypnosis on politoed over hp grass. HP grass isnt really helpful except for gastrodon, who can take one anyway. It's not THAT common to begin with. Focus blast could hit ferrothorn for some damage on the switch and hit t-tar harder. Hypnosis could be used to put switches like t-tar at bay. Also, I would suggest finding some room for protect on jirachi, as it makes healing a whole lot easier, as I do not know how crucial stealth rock is for your team.

Yeah, I'm trying Hp Grass / Focus Blast / Hypnosis / Toxic on Politoed, but the thing is that they all are useful on certain occasions, although HP Grass is still prefered to hit Rotom-W extra hard with as that's also a poke that's a bit hard to switch into (especially with the common Volt Switch Rotom + Tyranitar setup). Although Hydro Pump in the Rain does nearly the same damage.

Same goes for Gliscor, Taunt and Protect are both useful. Protect does make it easier to scout and gain some more Poison Heal recovery, and Protect is basicly for Ferrothorn (Or I might try killing Skarmory with Ice Fang which should 15HKO or something).

Thanks for the rates guys.

I run your team with this changes:

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
- Sword Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Recover
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Jirachi @ Leftovers
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

with this changes your only real problem is Rotom-w, since Ferrothorn is handled pretty well by Gliscor (taunt transforms him in setup bait) and even the washing machine is not a big problem if you predict well, for the rest, every bulky water is crippled by T-spikes, things like Gyara are crippled by Scald random burn and Jirachi Thunder (counting that gyara is not that common now).

Anyway i play-test this team on the Pokémon Online Server since Smogon is down and he can handle even Blaziken (well is a rain team lol).

Latios should be able to handle Rotom-W.
Also changed Draco Meteor to Dragon Pulse as they almost get the same amount of kills late game and without the -2 Latios isn't set up fodder or Pursuit bait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)