The Rarelyused Tournament II (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Activity Wins
30. Hot N Cold vs 80. Fried Rhys
85. Grimm70 vs 59. mfhoundoom
56. Rydro vs 44. Vinc2612
64. H-C vs 81. PsYch071c

The rest will receive until tomorrow before coin flips are decided. New round up imminently.
Approved by Bloo
Hosted by Texas Cloverleaf

Welcome to the second Rarelyused tournament! The tier has largely stabilized since the first tournament, and battles are heated in the tier!

General Rules

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Tournament Rules:
  • Battles will be played on the Pokémon Online simulator. The server you choose to play on is up to you and your opponent.
  • Standard OU – Gen V RU. Refer to this page and this thread for more information on usable Pokemon.
  • Any Pokémon that is not considered Uber, OU, UU is allowed (refer to the banlist below)
  • If during the middle of a round, a Pokémon, ability combination, etc. moves into or out of RU, those changes will be effective starting in the next round.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.
Clauses

• Sleep
  • Species
  • Wifi Battle
Banlist

Items:
All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves:
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities:
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team
Drought
Snow Warning

Any Pokemon in the OU, UU, BL, or BL2 tiers are banned. Tiers can be viewed here.

The deadline for this round is Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pairings

MikeDecIsHere vs .Robert
D4RR3N vs zdrup15
Tomahawk9 vs Leftiez
Heist vs Noodlez
Bartman101 vs PsYch071c
Windsong vs AlphaJolt
yee vs Celsius
Double01 vs Omicron
toshimelonhead vs IceCarAdler
WhiteQueen vs -Manu-
LuckOverSkill vs complete legitimacy
MarceloDK vs SoulWind
Cristal vs ~GreenCore
dragonuser vs Takuya
Hot N Cold vs ShakeItUp
kokoloko vs Django Reinhart
AkHolic vs Temptation
Frizy vs SilentVerse
mfhoundoom vs T-Dogg
DittoCrow vs Vinc2612
Pedrock vs Felix Minamimoto
Sujiro Kifuja vs DarkLoïc
McMeghan vs Wobbanaut
xtrashine vs Staraptor

If you have an unfinished battle you have until 4 PM on Wednesday, at that point the remaining matches will be coinflipped, and the round will resume.

can you extend the deadline a little longer for this round? This is my hell week for exams haha.

Aga and I will hopefully get our match done in the next few days

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deadline extended to Wednesday for unfinished matches, the following Wednesday for the round. there will be no further extensions.

Will contact again, try to get this done ASAP.

EDIT: Maybe we won't.
Last Activity: Apr 21st, 2012 12:27:11 PM

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Predictions

(Agamemnon vs MikeDecIsHere) vs (.Robert vs Heysup)-
D4RR3N vs zdrup15
Tomahawk9 vs Leftiez
Heist vs Noodlez
Bartman101 vs PsYch071c
Windsong vs AlphaJolt
yee vs Celsius
Double01 vs (Omicron vs Litchi)- Going to VM the winner asap.
toshimelonhead vs IceCarAdler
(Ordile vs WhiteQueen) vs (Sir vs -Manu)
LuckOverSkill vs complete legitimacy
MarceloDK vs SoulWind
Cristal vs ~GreenCore
(dragonuser vs Weegee The Haxer) vs (Rockhp31 vs Takuya)
Hot N Cold vs ShakeItUp - Shake is a gimmicky mofo.
kokoloko vs (Dragonboy52 vs Django Reinhart)
AkHolic vs Temptation
Frizy vs SilentVerse
mfhoundoom vs (T-Dogg vs Solar Thunder)
DittoCrow vs Vinc2612
Pedrock vs (Felix Minamimoto vs idiotfrommars)
Sujiro Kifuja vs DarkLoïc
McMeghan vs (The Ttar vs Wobbanaut)
xtrashine vs Staraptor

Highlight matches:
Luckoverskill vs. Complete Legitimacy
zdrup15 vs DARREN
Noodlez vs Heist

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Reached out to opponent again

I asked ordie to battle at 6pm est on wdnesday. I will be on later tonight too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)