Other the resistance/avalon

approved by ME yeah son i don't need no punk-ass approval

just wondering if anyone is into this awesome game! i play online with some church friends but most of them are bad so the game gets stale if i play it too much. since smogon is alright at mafia i think it would like this game too

http://www.theresistanceonline.com/

i wouldn't mind having a few games (could drum up interest on irc, probably #tf2) from time to time. any chance for an irc bot!? or even a FORUM GAME ooo

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Da Letter El, Walrein, billymills, penguin344, Ace Emerald and I all played this last night (or for me very early this morning -_-) for a few games, first of all starting off with the basic version and then moving on to avalon and I can safely say that it was very fun.

Except that I suck at being a spy. :[

I feel like we should have a tournament of this I would host it where people get put into groups of 5 for a qualifier (5 matches) then whoever gets the most wins in those matches [maybe second most as well, depending on how many ties there are] moves on to the next round etc. etc. until there are 5 or 6 people in the finals. Since it would only be a test run I guess I could host it, as something would go wrong either way lol.

Edit: Agape it was 1 AM for me and we kept on going... for like 3 minutes, but still.

Last edited:
My timezone makes it very difficult for me to join games, dle's masshighlight happened at 1AM my time! Please keep highlighting me though, some day I perhaps can make it.

this game is stupidly addicting what have you done billy i played for three fucking hours and i stopped b/c everyone else left

wouldn't enjoy a forum version re. earlier posts, the real enjoyability of it lies in its being realtime and NOC. the voting procedures would be incredibly dull otherwise at that pace

ariariadne

formerly Reinfleche
I think forum resistance is rather dull, I've played it before and been a spy in almost all of them and spies just win every time. It feels very slanted towards them in the setting You have to make it NOC for it to be any good and the pace just doesn't work imo. I've been having a good time with these quick games and I dunno if I could ever go back.

cashto added Lady of the Lake, which will be really useful in big games. Let's all get on tomorrow night and play!!

Also we should probably have a list of formats for each number so new people can pick it up because some of the formats I've seen people make at 6+ players are really stupid

imo
5:
merlin + assassin
merlin + percival + assassin + mordred
6:
merlin + assassin
merlin + percival + assassin + mordred
7:
merlin + percival + assassin + morgana
merlin + percival + assassin + morgana + mordred + ladyofthelake
8:
merlin + percival + assassin + morgana + mordred + oberon
9:
10:
merlin + percival + assassin + morgana + oberon
merlin + percival + assassin + morgana + mordred + oberon + ladyofthelake

Oh, also in the changelog:
  • Oberon can be assassinated.
lol

(I really want to see this happen)

tl;dr just don't have Merlin and Percival with no Morgana or Mordred because it's stupid to have two Resistance with absolute knowledge, a barely assassinable Merlin to boot, and I regret ever playing this format

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)