XY OU (No Longer) Jolteon's Return, Hyper Offense!!(1550+) Any help is appreciated:]

Hello! This is my very first RMT! This will be a team i centered around jolteon.I hope you like it! Any help would be appreciated.
The reason as to why it is no longer Jolteon. People have convinced me that there are better options for Jolteon, in the forms of thundurus and mega manectric. I felt that thundurus was the better option as i don't want to change megas.
For the purpose of this rate, pretend it's still jolteon. I wanna hear your opinions=]

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Timid nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power(Ice)
- Shadow Ball

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Jolteon is definitely one of my favorite pokemon. A few reasons why I chose this pokemon are because:1. It checks greninja and talonflame and can OHKO both of them, barring greninja if it used spikes. It is also faster than over half of the current OU meta. The role of this poke on this team is to provide for 1/2 half a mini volt-turn combo and revenge kill a lot of pokemon, and in some cases, even sweep. thunderbolt is for my main STAB and volt switch is to gain momentum in the battle. Hidden power ice for non scarf garchomps and when I want to get in one more last supereffective hit.

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly nature
Shiny: Yes
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
I chose this pokemon over garchomp because of the intimidate and the resist to flare blitz. It also gets the added benefit of knock off. His role on this team is providing the other half to the mini volt-turn combination. His role on this team is to help prevent mega charizard x and y. Intimidate because this team is very weak to sub-ddance. Earthquake to kill anything that might prevent a sweep with jolteon or megazard x. knock off to lower threats of a few pokemon and ceven cripple them. Rock slide for flying types(mainly mega charizard y). U-turn if the situation is very unfavorable.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Energy Ball

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

This gengar is typically my suicide lead and my "do as much damage as you can until they bring you down to your sash and go for destiny bond" set. I chose this pokemon for its speed and special attack, which are both very formidable in OU. I chose this pokemon more its capability to OHKO so many things and help check lati@s. I think that this is the typical destiny bonding gengar set, with the exception of energy ball, which is used to take down rotom-w and water-ground types

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest
nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
I chose this pokemon because I need the defog support and my team is easily worn down so I need a cleric/healer.It's role has already been told, healing pokemon that have already been worn down and might faint to hazards when it comes in. Defog to help mega charizard and retain focus sashes. Psyshock and Draco meteor for dual stab and to prevent stall war with other stally pokemon.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def /252 Spe
Jolly
nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
I chose this pokemon because of its ability to stop sweeps from very common set up sweepers in this tier such as bisharp(unless iron head flinches). It's role is to take out pokemon three huge threats(and many more) to any team: SD bisharp, DD mega zard x, and sub-ddance dragonite. earhtquake for those pesky steel and rock types, ice shard for people that try to set up with multiscale dragonite and other dragon/ground,flying types. Icicle crash for the same thing except more damage and a chance to flinch.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Earthquake
I chose this pokemon because I wanted a late game sweeper. Its role on this team is to break most walls and set up at the late game and finish off the game. Dragon dance is to power up its other moves in the forms of flare blitz, eq, and dragon claw. Flare blitz and dragon claw are dual stab and are used most often when sweeping teams. earthquake is really only for heatran, which I found very common.
Here is a mega charizard X sweep(used pokebattle)
https://sim.pokebattle.com/replays/c75cceffa5db221d392de37943d47738dc0e8351.
I think the reason I swept was because he misplayed the aggron.

The team as of now/Importable:
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power
- Knock Off

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SDef / 8 Spe
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spe
Modest nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

Jolly nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Last edited:
You should replace energy ball on gar for focus blast as Water/Ground type are extremely uncommon in OU, and FB gives you perfect neutral coverage.

Hey! Your team looks good, I recommend you change the evs on your Mamoswine to max/max Speed and Attack Jolly. If your running a sash I don't believe you need HP for anything. Max speed allows it to outspeed mons such as Breloom and Bisharp. Also switch Icicle crash to Icicle spear to break and possibly kill any sash lead.
As for your Latias, you should be using a Timid nature for that set with max speed and special attack, No point in running so much bulk without recovery.
Lastly, you do need something rather defensive though. You don't need Gengar because Mamoswine is a far more viable lead than Gengar is.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
I recommend using Azumarill over Gengar since your team still looked weak to Draco meteors falling from the sky! lol this gives you a switch in to the Lati couple and other dragons if you do predict right. Using Azumarill gives Latias another pokemon to healing wish too. (Assuming you only use healing wish to heal landorus or charizard) But yeah, Azumarill really dents teams harder and its a big threat when its healthy once again

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I have a few comments for your team:

Jolteon and Mega Charizard X:
As much as I like Jolteon, it is outclassed in the OU metagame by all of Thundurus, Thundurus-T, Raikou and Mega Manectric. I suggest you change it to Mega Manectric and change your Charizard to Dragonite as they play the same roles as what you have at the moment without being forced to use an outclassed Pokemon by the taken mega slot.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake / Roost

Gengar:
The set is flawed. Gengar is a poor check to Lati@s, and running Focus Sash for the sole purpose of doing that, while still only speed tying with them, is a bad idea. I suggest changing this to Pursuit Bisharp as it is a more reliable check to them than Gengar is and it forces mindgames onto the opponent about whether you will, Pursuit, Sucker Punch or Knock Off.

Latias:
Latias needs the extra power output from Life Orb to make any impact in the metagame. Additionally, The EVs you have on Latias are poorly chosen. I suggest that you change the EVs to 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe with a timid nature to maintain your great speed tier while surviving LO Thundurus' HP Ice while hitting a Life Orb HP number (1 below a multiple of 10).

Mamoswine:
I suggest changing this to 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with a jolly nature, giving it Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash to deal with Sash Breloom effectively and using Oblivious over Thick Fat to stop your setup from being prevented by Taunt.

Hope I helped!

Hi! I have a few comments for your team:

Jolteon and Mega Charizard X:
As much as I like Jolteon, it is outclassed in the OU metagame by all of Thundurus, Thundurus-T, Raikou and Mega Manectric. I suggest you change it to Mega Manectric and change your Charizard to Dragonite as they play the same roles as what you have at the moment without being forced to use an outclassed Pokemon by the taken mega slot.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake / Roost

Gengar:
The set is flawed. Gengar is a poor check to Lati@s, and running Focus Sash for the sole purpose of doing that, while still only speed tying with them, is a bad idea. I suggest changing this to Pursuit Bisharp as it is a more reliable check to them than Gengar is and it forces mindgames onto the opponent about whether you will, Pursuit, Sucker Punch or Knock Off.

Latias:
Latias needs the extra power output from Life Orb to make any impact in the metagame. Additionally, The EVs you have on Latias are poorly chosen. I suggest that you change the EVs to 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe with a timid nature to maintain your great speed tier while surviving LO Thundurus' HP Ice while hitting a Life Orb HP number (1 below a multiple of 10).

Mamoswine:
I suggest changing this to 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with a jolly nature, giving it Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash to deal with Sash Breloom effectively and using Oblivious over Thick Fat to stop your setup from being prevented by Taunt.

Hope I helped!
Get rid of Weakness Policy and Earthquake on that Dragonite set and run Lum Berry + Extremespeed. Weakness Policy is way too inconsistent for me to recommend, and Extremespeed allows Dragonite to pick off weakened threats throughout the game before it even tries to set up with Dragon Dance. I think Outrage > Dragon Claw too since you have Lum Berry (again, Weakness Policy is complete ass).

Hello, here my guesses for your team:

Leave mamoswine with jolly nature and icicle spear, so you can deal with sash breloom.

Your team it's weak against latios / as, then i suggest azumarill over gengar, it fits well on your team and it's a good answer for greninja.

You can change jolteon for raikou, he does the same job as jolteon and better, you don't need to outspeed greninja when you have av azumarill and landorus already outspeed it.

Finally recommend to change latias spread and LO over leftoves. It will be more useful for your team with timid max speed.

Here are your team with my recommendations: http://pastebin.com/HwRTUzyq

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hey =]

So Ill give my input as requested, so here goes nothing:

First off, Im not a huge fan of Jolteon. I understand your reasoning for using him, but honestly, hes outclassed by Mega Manectric in both the coverage and Ability department. Seeing your need for a fast Electric type and your lack of Birdspam checks (Lando T is 2HKOed after a bit of prior damage by Talonflame btw), I suggest replacing Jolteon with Thundurus. 3 Attacks TWave is a perfectly good fit for this team, as it gives you a form of speed control. additionally, it beats the Latis, of which you have only a semi reliable way of beating atm.

Next, change Lando Ts EV spread to the following: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe. You still outspeed Adamant Zard X, and you also underspeed opposing max speed Lando Ts. This is important as it allows you to gain switch initiative through the slower U-Turn. Addtitionally, Superpower over Knock Off is a good option because you are incredibly weak to MEga Gyarados once Azumarill dies, and being able to OHKO the monster after rocks is extremely important in not being swept by him.

Lastly, change Zard X's EVs to 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 speed. This EV spread outpaces Scarf Jolly Lando T and gives you the added bulk. additionally, Roost is the superior option, as Heatran is handled by half your team, and hes 3HKOed by +1 Dragon Claw iirc, which allows you to pressure him when the best he can do is Toxic / Roar you out, the former of which can be remedied because of Healing Wish.

Cool team, and good luck!

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Hiya! This team is pretty great, and there's not much I can suggest at this point since everyone has basically suggested (if I suggest something that has already been suggested, sorry!). Here's a few pointers, though!
  • Make sure all of your specially Pokemon have 0 IVs in attack. This will reduce damage from moves like Foul Play and confusion damage.
  • In terms of EVs, put the 4 HP EVs for Mamoswine into Defense, because the added HP increases hazard damage.
  • For Latias, I would make sure to have a 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe spread with Life Orb. While maximizing it's attacking potential, it gives Latias enough bulk to act as its namesake; a bulky defogger.
I can't provide a full analysis because I'm about to get surgery =/ hope I helped though!
Good luck on your team =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)