1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Rise Of The Ashes

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by truedrew, Dec 18, 2011.

1. truedrew

truedrew

Introduction:One day when i was sitting and battling i decided to make a team focusing on a late game mixed gross sweep.

Team B
    uilding Process:
    [​IMG]
    i decided to use metagross as my primary sweeper since he has a lot of bulk and good offensive stats.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    i decided to add heatran and celebi as they helped cover metagrosses weaknesses and formed the infamous cele-tran defensive core.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ferro thorn and latias were added for further protection against weather teams. Gengar serves as my spin blocker and reveenge killer.

In-depth look
    [​IMG]
    Name:heatran Ability:flash fire
    Evs:244hp 40 def 36 sp.att 188 sp def
    item:leftovers nature:calm
    -flame thrower
    -earth power
    -will-o-wisp
    -stealth rock
    heatran is a very verastile pokemon. it serves as my primary check to sun along with latias.I use flame thrower over lava plume as the extra power is needed and i have will o wisp for burns.earth power is used for general coverage and to hit opposing hetaran.if my opponent switches in their dragonite thinking they can DD up for free i will o wisp them so their dragonite is crippled . The evs may seem odd but some times when i need to check haxorus or something like that the defense buff really helps.I choose heatran as it is very hard to take down and is generally awesome.

[​IMG]
    Name:Celebi Ability:natural cure
    Evs:252 sp att 220 hp 36 spd
    item:life orb Nature:modest
    -nasty plot
    -giga drain
    -hidden Power[fire]
    -Psychic
    Celebi is my second defensive Poke and it also forms cele-tran combo which covers a lot of threats in the current meta game. I opt to use Hp fire and Psychic as they provide good neutral coverage. Since i have giga drain i don't use recover. Celebi helps check volt- turn and rain teams alike. The evs are from the standard nasty plot sweeper set.Celebi also helps cover metagrosses ground weakness and helps with conkelldurp. Celebi has always been a favorite since its release and is one of the primary pokes of this team. 4nfortunately it didn't receive Psyshock this gen :(