The Royal Guard vs Flora | Ref: Lady Salamence

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Looking for a quick match.

1vs1
NFE pokemon only
2 day DQ
No Recovery/3 Chills

Arena: Quite Meadow:

This Arena consists of a open meadow with a large river running through it ( fairly deep around 20 feet deep and 7 feet wide) it's a beautiful day with the sun out and lazy clouds drifting in the sky. No restrictions to any move.

As I am new to this I ask that you don't stomp me too badly.
vs

I'll take you on, TRG! :D

Switch=KO
Items=Off
1 ability

I probably won't stomp you since I'll be using a very fresh Pokemon.

The Royal Guard said:

*<Riolu> [Naromus] (Male)
Nature: Naive
Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 69 (+) (+11% Accuracy and Evasion)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:(14)
*Foresight
*Endure
*Reversal
*Feint
*Force Palm
*Quick Attack
*Counter
*Screech

*Blaze Kick
*Agility
*Vacuum Wave

*Brick Break
*Shadow Claw
*Earthquake

this is what you need right?
vs

Flora said:
squeeeee

Goldeen (Dahlia) (F)
Nature: Serious (No changes)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 63
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Water Veil: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability always have their body coated in a layer of water which prevents burns.
LightningRod (DW): (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they transfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts. If a Pokemon has a type immunity to Electric attacks, Lightning Rod will not activate.

Attacks (13):
Peck
Tail Whip
Water Sport
Supersonic
Horn Attack
Water Pulse
Flail

Aqua Tail
Body Slam
Mud Sport

Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Poison Jab
let's do this!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I accepted so it seems like I'm going first!

Goldeen, use your Swift Swim ability for this match. We'll need it.

Let's make this beautiful day into a rainy day. Start with a Rain Dance to make yourself faster and boost your Water-type attacks. Well, too bad he can boost his own Speed with Agility but I guess that's okay. Afterward, slam Naromus with a double Aqua Tail (not a combo)! Should he use Counter, retaliate with an Ice Beam instead!

Rain Dance - Aqua Tail x2
If Counter is used on Aqua Tail, use Ice Beam on that action

Alright new at this so probably gonna make some bad moves

we'll use Inner Focus to ignore flinching

Naromus, use Agility to increase your speed followed by Quick Attack to close in on the enemy then slam him with Shadow Claw.

(again new at this hopefully i didn't just break a rule) Knew i'd do something wrong)(Am i doing better?)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Round 1!
Goldeen uses Rain Dance!
rain started (4a) -9 energy
Riolu uses Agility!
(will wear off next round) +2 speed

Round 2!
Goldeen uses Aqua Tail!
16 Damage, -6 Energy
Riolu used Quick Attack
8 Damage, 2 Energy, crit

Round 3!
Goldeen uses Aqua Tail!
16 Damage, 10 Energy
Riolu uses Shadow Claw!
8 Damage, 5 Energy

R1
Goldeen: Rain Dance
it starts raining: +3 bap for water moves, -3 BAP lasts for 4 rounds and gives goldeen a permanent agility, -9 energy
Riolu: Agility
+2 speed, -7 energy
R2
Goldeen: Aqua Tail
9 bap+3 from rain + 3 at the end from stab
6 energy, 90 accuracy
[09:36] <LadySalamence> !roll 100
[09:36] <Onion_Bubs> LadySalamence's roll: 82 no miss
[09:37] <LadySalamence> !roll 16
[09:37] <Onion_Bubs> LadySalamence's roll: 12 no crit
Riolu: Quick Attack
goes first 2 energy, 4 bap
[09:38] <LadySalamence> !roll 16
[09:38] <Onion_Bubs> LadySalamence's roll: 1 yes crit
R3
Goldeen: Aqua Tail
10 energy, 90 accuracy
[09:39] <LadySalamence|afk> !roll 100
[09:39] <Onion_Bubs> LadySalamence|afk's roll: 5 no miss
[09:40] <LadySalamence|afk> !roll 16
[09:40] <Onion_Bubs> LadySalamence|afk's roll: 8 no crit
Riolu: Shadow Claw
7 bap 5 energy
[09:41] <LadySalamence|afk> !roll 16
[09:41] <Onion_Bubs> LadySalamence|afk's roll: 12 no crit

Round 1!
Goldeen uses Rain Dance!
rain started (4a) -9 energy
Riolu uses Agility!
(will wear off next round) +2 speed

Round 2!
Goldeen uses Aqua Tail!
16 Damage, -6 Energy
Riolu used Quick Attack
8 Damage, 2 Energy, crit

Round 3!
Goldeen uses Aqua Tail!
16 Damage, 10 Energy
Riolu uses Shadow Claw!
8 Damage, 5 Energy

Goldeen
HP 74
Energy 75
Swift Swim is activated

Riolu
HP 58
Energy 86
No special effects

Rain goes away (1a)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, looking good Goldeen! Let's go for a couple of Water Pulses and see if we can hax Riolu up. Stuff an Aqua Tail in the middle!

Water Pulse - Aqua Tail - Water Pulse

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Dahlia (F)
HP: 74
Energy: 75
Changes: Swift Swim (Activated)

Naromus (M)
HP: 58
Energy: 86
Changes: +1 Spe

Arena: Rain (3r)

Round 2

Dahlia begins this rainy round by splashing a Water Pulse into Naromus's face. The additional water from the rain adds up the hurt - there's clearly the sign of pain indicated in Naromus's facial expression! But, like the brave warrior he is, Naromus holds his pride strong and leaps onto the river-bounded Dahlia like a barbarian. SMASH! A earth-shattering Brick Break has been delivered onto the lousy fish, though she's far from finished!

Now that Naromus is within her den, Dahlia crushes Naromus with her Aqua Tail, sending him right into the edge of the water! The rain of horror splash upon the dreaded Naromus as if a sign of nightmarish hell was born. Naromus quickly puts the force into his palm, bounces off the edge of the water, and slams his hands onto the fish. It was a sudden attack, though the only effect was damage.

At the end, Naromus's effort only fueled Dahlia's rage. She submerges herself in the shallow water and sends a Water Pulse running! A watery explosion occurs and Naromus is smacked around like a plastic toy! However, this was the perfect moment to execute his most powerful attack - Reversal! Bravely, he sends himself thrashing himself onto the concealed Dahlia like a sumo wrestler, twisting and grabbing where-ever it hurts on the fish. It seems to have been a successful attack, as parts of Dahlia's fin were ripped apart to shreds. Still, the difference in HP was far too great: Dahlia has the ability to finish off Naromus in a single blow, while the fighter needs at least a couple more of these hits to win! Is it all too obvious that Dahlia's watery force will sweep Naromus off his feet or can he make an epic comeback next round? Anything can happen!

Action 1
Dahlia (Water Pulse): (6+3+3+1.5) = 13.5 ~ [14 DMG/3 EN]
Crit Roll (<=63): 171/1000 = no crit | Confusion Roll (<=200): 448/1000 = no confusion
Naromus (Brick Break): (8+3+1.5) = 12.5 ~ [13 DMG/5 EN]
Crit Roll (<=63): 109/1000 = no crit

Action 2
Dahlia (Aqua Tail): (9+3+3+1.5) = 16.5 ~ [17 DMG/6 EN]
Hit Roll (<=900): 794/1000 = hit | Crit Roll (<=63): 581/1000 = no crit
Naromus (Force Palm): (6+3+1.5) = 10.5 ~ [11 DMG/3 EN]
Crit Roll (<=63): 568/1000 = no crit | Paralysis Roll (<=300): 306/1000 = no paralyze

Action 3
Dahlia (Water Pulse): (6+3+3+1.5) = 13.5 ~ [14 DMG/3 EN]
Crit Roll (<=63): 633/1000 = no crit | Confusion Roll (<=200): 991/1000 = no confusion
Naromus (Reversal): (10+3+1.5) = 14.5 ~ [15 DMG/6 EN]
Crit Roll (<=63): 553/1000 = no crit

Dahlia (F)
HP: 35
Energy: 63

Naromus (M)
HP: 13
Energy: 72
Changes: None

Arena: Rain (2r)

Flora
The Royal Guard

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Thanks myself!

Well, apparently we'll in great condition to finish off Naro. Our foe should know that Endure - Reversal x2 is his best bet to winning this, as he'll survive with 1 HP and rampage through Dahlia with (20+3+1.5 = 24.5 ~ 25 damage/12 energy). Seeing that, I don't even think we should stop our own fury as that could obvious faint you, Dahlia. Fire off a couple of Supersonics until they inflict Naromus and finish it with a Water Pulse!

Supersonic until it hits - Water Pulse x2

Oddly enough, this may be pretty close!

I do believe thats my best bet

Endure followed by a reversal of two(Reversal X2 Reversals)

Come on Naro! Unleash that epic fighter!

(Excellent Flavor! I'd excpect no less from you.)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Dahlia (F)
HP: 35
Energy: 63

Naromus (M)
HP: 13
Energy: 72

Arena: Rain (2r)

Round 3

Another round carries the gloomy rain to everyone's day! Fearing for the worst, Naromus tightly Endures himself for the reckless pain to come. Dahlia seems to have anticipated this as she wiggles some Supersonic waves from her horn... though the dark rain easily destroys the sound wave with ease.

Dahlia tries again with a Supersonic. Lucky this time? Nope, sorry girl! Looks like it's another miss. Naromus braves the wetness and grabs onto Dahlia in a Reversal! Smash! Bam! Crack! Oh no! Dahlia's doing pretty bad! Some blood here and there, though the friendly rain washes some of the pain off.

Third time lucky? Dahlia emits more Supersonic doody doos at the fighter, and YES IT FINALLY HITS! This causes Naromus to get an erection and hit himself in confusion instantly! However, he snaps out of confusion right after. Helpful... or not?

Looks like Flora... was lucky... but unlucky? Well, she managed to stay in the game, with a Naromus to pick off next round! However, perhaps a Quick Attack + Reversal combo could seal Dahlia's fate. We'll see next time!

Action 1
Naromus (Endure): [15 EN]
Dahlia (Supersonic): [4 EN]
Hit Roll (<=550): 591/1000 = miss

Action 2
Dahlia (Supersonic): [8 EN]
Hit Roll (<=550): 820/1000 = miss
Naromus (Reversal): (10+3+1.5) = 14.5 ~ [15 DMG/6 EN]
Crit Roll (<=63): 994/1000 = no crit

Action 3
Dahlia (Supersonic): [12 EN]
Hit Roll (<=550): 446/1000 = hit
Confusion Length (<=333: 2 | <=666: 3 | <=1000: 4): 163 (2)
Naromus is confused!
Hit Self Roll (<=500): 197/1000 = hit self
(4+1.5) = 5.5 ~ [6 SELF DMG/3 EN]
Naromus is no longer confused!

Dahlia (F)
HP: 20
Energy: 39

Naromus (M)
HP: 7
Energy: 48

Arena: Rain (1r)

The Royal Guard
Flora

Again going on the advice of my foe

Naro you heard the lady

Quick Attack Combined with Reversal and then Endure
(if i'm allowed to change it)

You can do it Naro!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Dahlia (F)
HP: 20
Energy: 39

Naromus (M)
Energy: 48

Arena: Rain (1r)

Round 4

This time around, the rain brings a different mood. Naromus, tired and exhausted, brightens up to a sparkling idea. Immediately, Naromus swarms onto Dahlia with the quickness of a cheetah and somersaults the fish with a Reversal like a bear. By then, the aura fighter repeatedly attacks the fish as madly as possible until there is no more life left within her...

The rain clears out, and as Naromus wipes off the wet water that his challenger has given him, he climbs out of the waters and looks out toward the horizon, glad to have successful defeated his opponent in a great match!

Action 1
Naromus (Quick Attack + Reversal): [(12+3) x 1.5 = 23 EN]
((15+(4/2))+3+1.5) = 21.5 ~ [22 DMG]
Dahlia fainted!

Dahlia (F)
HP: KOed
Energy: KOed
Changes: N/A

Naromus (M)
Energy: 25

Arena: N/A

Ha, good game! Wish I had Endure, Protect, or something, but eh, I wanted Dahlia to start fresh. ^_^ Naromus's one toughie!

Rewards
The Royal Guard: 2 TCs
- Naromus: 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC | 1 KOC
Flora: 2 TCs
- Dahlia: 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Winner: The Royal Guard
Flora: 2 RTs

(need help claiming, feel free to ask! oh yeah and hope this was a great learning experience!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)