1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Sacred Swordsman

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Miles Tails, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Miles Tails

Miles Tails

The Sacred Swordsman

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Introduction

Hello Smogon, Miles Tails here I bring another RMT this time it comes to a team that Rain Dance is a climate that has become very popular in BW 2, the team is nothing groundbreaking it makes use of overused Pokémon like most teams rain, having few differences from the other teams of the same type, is a team that has good solid security to fight against most of the major threats of the metagame is you will see that the RMT, without delay but we will continue the RMT.

In-depth analysis

[​IMG]
    Politoed @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    -
    Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Perish Song

Politoed is a different Pokémon because it seems to be somewhat useless to look their status median well, but he still manages to stand out in the metagame because of its ability Drizzle that causes it to invoke the rain continuing, the entire investment in Special Attack and speed are to achieve maximum speed and strength gain since thanks to the rain giving blows Water Politoed turn a Killer Revenger until interesting, Hydro Pump is your most powerful blow stab despite its chance of success unless so big it worth the risk because Hydro Pump Surf kills things that do not kill, Ice Beam is in the second slot for super effective hits on Pokemon very common in the metagame that are so feared Dragons, is the new Therians that because of his great power are appearing in many teams.Surf this is his second Stab I hardly chose to use it instead of Focus Blast it with Focus Blast I try to hit Chansey and Ferrothorn which would not make much besides run a big risk of losing it,Perish Song closes the moveset with it is possible to stop that Volcarona would lead the team after a few Quiver Dance besides when my opponent has only one pokes me assure victory

[​IMG]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 124 HP / 252 SDef / 132 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Spore
    - Stun Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss was one of the best additions to me at the metagame, because of its Ability Regenerator recovers that every time he leaves the field 1/3 of your HP is possible that it lasts much longer in battle since he is one of the best responses against Pokemon like Rotom-W that can cause problems for any team of rain, the division made ​​causes it has 400 HP which is enough the rest of the points were divided in their defenses making Amoonguss can come in many physical blows as especias, Giga Drain is your stab and also ensures recovery, Spore is one of the best moves of the game having hit chance of 100% leaves some unable to do things Pokémon during battle, Stun Spore makes a nice combination with Spore since most often when this exchange with a sleeping pokémon making someone stay paralyzado can hit things like Tornadus-T and Heatran in exchange and leaving less complicated, Hidden Power Ice closes the moveset hitting Dragons hitting new Therians.

[​IMG]

Azelf @ Choice Band
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Trick
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    - U-turn

For this slot already passed Hydreigon and Landorus-T but still none of them had a good passage here is I was getting very stressed because I did not think any pokemon with a good Atk is immune to Ground when he was giving up remember this little Pokémon is really amazing, the division and its maximize Attack and Speed​​, Azelf is not very common causing many problems for anyone,playing with Choice Band and things get worse as he gets hit very hard,Trick makes it possible to leave that boring unusable Tank , Zen Headebutt is your stab, Ice Punch hit Dragons,Gliscor and Therians, U-Turn is your escape blow causing him to flee Tyranitar's largest counter it.

[​IMG]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Justified
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Sacret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

Keldeo was the reason I created this team, he's really having an incredible Sp.Atk and Speed ​​too high it becomes a great sweeper in the rain is not for nothing that in his movie that will debut soon he overcame Terrakion, and Virizion Cobalion, the division was made ​​to have Sp.Atk Speed ​​and maximums, Calm Mind makes Sp.Atk and increase the Sp.Def Keldeo, Surf's your stab is already very strong and still get a boost from the rain, Focus Blast despite the chance of not being hit too high has great power and I like to venture beyond what I hate Sacred Sword, Hidden Power Flying makes me super effective hit can on things that Keldeo can not cope with his other scams as Toxicroak, Amoonguss, Celebi.

[​IMG]

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Superpower
    - Grass Knot
    - U-turn

Tornadus-T was without any doubt the biggest addition that came to BW 2 this guy is a monster with a Speed ​​that only Jolteon,Crobat and Deoxys-S can overcome, moreover it has a very extensive movepool making it possible a enormous amount of movesets and moreover has the Hurricane blow stronger Flying type that still earn 100% accuracy in the rain, when the division was made ​​to have maximum speed and Sp.Atk, Hurricane is his main blow is basically the blow over the moveset used with gain of 100% accuracy in the rain and very difficult to get it just Jirachi, Bronzong and Chansey,Tyranitar enter secure it around the rest of the metagame takes all OHKO or 2OHKO, Air Slash is another stab used but when I have the rain on the field and I know that do not need to Hurricane overthrow someone, Focus Blast causes I can give Super effective in Tyranitar,Ferrothorn and Chansey though that never leave the front of Chansey, U-turn of his coup leakage that often can help me getting on the field in a better situation by doing the exchange adversary and winning a free round.

[​IMG]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Psyshock
    - Wish

Completing the team have Jirachi this guy is the biggest counter the metagame more annoying Pokémon Tornadus-T moreover is my only response against Salamance Choice Scarf, the division was made to endure as much as possible with the maximum HP and a lot in Sp.Def he becomes a very good barrier especially the 32 evs in Def are not to take 2OHKO of Outrage Haxorus,Stealth Rock is one of the most important coups since arriving taking damage whenever the opponent pokémon exchange and reduce the threat of possible Pokemon like Dragonite Multiscale besides breaking his Volcarona and other Flying types, Wish is very useful for increasing the life of the battle besides Jirachi can be used to recover the rest of the team, by Thunder have 100% accuracy in the rain is Bulky Waters sees as indispensable besides the great chance to Paralyze, Iron Head is his stab.

Code:
    [SIZE=5][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Importable[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Keldeo @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 124 HP / 252 SDef / 132 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Spore
    - Stun Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder
    - Iron Head
    - Wish

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Air Slash
    - Focus Blast
    - U-turn

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Perish Song

Azelf @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    - Trick
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    - U-turn
  2. Ambicrow3

Ambicrow3

First of all, punctuation is your friend, buddy. Pretty good team you have there. Your team seems to be really weak to genesect, who hits your whole team for SE damage with its standard choice scarf set. To solve this issue, and keep your physical attacker with good coverage, I'd suggest Thick Fat Mamoswine. He helps you vs. opposing rain teams, which will give you problems once your jirachi is down, since I believe nothing is more than 2hko'd by life orb tornadus-t bar jirachi. To calm these problems down here is the set-

Mamoswine@Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - SuperPower
    - Icicle Spear

Ice Shard 1HKOs Tornadus-T after SR, while Earthquake offers near perfect coverage. Also Earthquake helps your team vs. Sp. Def Jirachi, who looks like it'd give your team some problems, since it absorbs almost every attack your team has to offer, and can paraflinch them to death, or cripple them with Body Slam. Super Power helps against opposing weather starters, like tyranitar for example. Finally, icicle spear helps kill Dragonite, who none of your team wants to take an outrage from.
  3. Electrolyte

Electrolyte Fastest man alive
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Hi,

Really nice team you've got here. There aren't really many overriding weaknesses here, though Volcorona and Choice Scarf Thundurus-T might give you some problems, but you could probably easily play around them. There are only a few minor suggestions I think you should make- I would run Clear Smog on Amoonguss so it's not set up bait. Clear Smog allows you to also wall SubCM pokemon even better by erasing their boosts. Sure, HP Ice hits Dragons, but Clear Smog prevents them from being mich of a problem altogether. I would also use Icy Wind on Keldeo onstead of HP Flying. This will help you a lot against non-scarfed Thundurus, as well as hit Celebi, Amoonguss, and Dragons for some pretty decent damage. It also lets you het over the fact that you don't have a way to boost your speed.

Cool team! Good luck, man! :D
  4. generic name

generic name

Nice team.
    I prefer life orb on tornadus-t, because if something like sp def rachi switches in tornadus-t can u-turn instead of having to switch normally.
    Sleep talk sounds like a gimmicky move on tornadus t, but it really makes it a great switch to amoonguss, breloom, and venasaur. On the other hand, if you want to keep air slash i guess you can.

Secret sword>focus blast on keldeo because
    a) doesn't miss
    b) hits physical side so special walls arent as problematic

Hp ghost is more common on keldeo because it hits celebi as hard while also getting jellicent and lati@s, but hp flying could work for amoonguss.

hydro pump and surf on toed is interesting, although it seems like you get walled by water types.

I havent used azelf so i probably can't say as well as you, but don't steels, and in particular genesect/scizor screw it up?

cool team, rain is fun.
  5. Keramory

Keramory

Grammar is so bad I can't even comment, I'm sorry.
  6. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude Different breed imo
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor

Hey Miles Tails back with another nice rmt :)

Firstly regarding your Tornadus-T I realise the benefits you listed in having Air Slash on him like in situations when the rain isn't up or you can pick off an opponent without using Hurricane. Grass Knot>Air Slash will be more beneficial. This is because Gastrodon is capable of taking Keldeos hits and proceed to Toxic stall him and Recover up damage dealt. Politoed also can't do to much damage to him as he can threaten with Toxic again. Additionally the rare Gastrodons carrying Earthqauke will dispose of Jirachi as well. Seeing as this is a rain team you also run the risk of giving it a Storm Drain boost. A common example your opponent has a pokemon in on Politoed as Politoed goes to hit it with a Hydro Pump he switches into Gastrodon now your are forced to switch and either eat a Toxic or a move boosted in power from Storm Drain. Although Amoongus can Giga Drain it you have to prepare for the worst and Grass Knot on Tornadus-T is a great option for ensurance against this threat. It also helpes with Qaugsire seeing as he has the Unaware ability he can set up Curse on Keldeo no matter how much boosts he has accumulated. Grass Knot also hits Tyranitar hard and is a good move to do to a Tyranitar if you don't want to risk a Focus Blast miss.

Other then that nice team! I couldn't really find anything else to rate because this team is quite solid

Tl;dr
    Show Hide

Tornadus-T
    .Grass Knot--->Air Slash

~Superpowerdude
  7. Asek

Asek A heart of stone, a smoking gun
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey,

Cool team Miles Tails, rating cause I owe you one

First off, running surf and Hydro Pump on your politoed isn't the best idea. Although there are times when Hydro Pump missing can be very annoying, it isn't really a big enough reason to give up a valuable coverage move just so you can have a bit of insurance. You are being walled by a few key threats without a coverage move, as well as the water type itself so something needs to be done. I suggest using Focus Blast/ HP [GRASS] > Surf on Politoed so you can gain the coverage needed to hit those threats that can switch in on your current set. I know you didn't want to run it, Focus Blast nails the ever annoying ferrothorn, While HP [GRASS] hits Gastrodon for a heavy amount of damage on the switch in, which otherwise can be a thorn in your side throughout the whole match

Seconding Grass Knot > Air Slash on Tornadus as Grass Knot yet again lets you beat the troublesome Gastrodon.

Now for Keldeo, I thought some move changes could make it slightly more effective at what it does. First off, yeah HP [FLYING] isn't the best coverage move for Keldeo. I am backing up HP [GHOST / ELECTRIC] to hit Jellicent in particular, while ghost hits Lati@s Electric SFE's water types, most notably Gyarados. I also thought that using surf while a good option, has a superior option for that slot. Using Hydro Pump / Scald > Surf would be good as Hydro Pumps raw power is appreciated a lot on Keldeo, netting some crucial OHKOs and 2HKO's on dangerous mons that like to switch into the weaker surf. Alternatively, Scald lets you burn physical attackers that become the best way to handle Keldeo once its Calm Minded, and if you get the burn on the opponents physical attacker on the switch, it basically gives you another opportunity to Calm Mind and can potentially leave the door wide open for Keldeo to sweep.

GL with the team
  8. Miles Tails

Miles Tails

Thank you all for rating!

Ambicrow3, Genesect is not really a Pokemon that causes me problems mainly because their version Choice Scarf to be common but allowing me to work around it without problems, Jirachi not die for Tornadus-T since Hurricane does not take much and yet not kill Supowerpower does he lose his attack leaving an easy target for Thunder or even Wish to regain vida.agradeço by rating.

Electrolyte do not really like Clear Smog Hidden Power Ice and I think much more useful, for Icy Wind is a really good option, thanks for rating.

generic name, do not use Life Orb because I prefer Hurricane abuse and Life Orb would be more to open a space for Superpower it would be used to kill Chansey which ends up not giving OHKO what would that I could take one to paralyze not good, not like Sacret Sword coup that annoys me a lot and prefer to risk the greatest force that has Focus Blast, HP Ghost can actually be a better OPCA'll try, thanks for rating.

Superpowerdude, thank you for finding my RMTs good, had not thought about using Grass Knot was a great tip and I'll test in place of Air Slash,thank you for rating.

Asek, I really do not much like Focus Blast it more actually use Surf and Hydro Pump leaves me no options in front of Gastrodon will also test and Focus Blast HP Grass, as told Superpowerdude loved the idea of Grass Knot is'll use it,at Keldeo I really liked the idea of using Scald is Keldeo will test the Hidden Power also will test, thanks for rating.
  9. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Hey, cool team Miles Tails. One threat to your team is Offensive Dragon Dance Gyarados that carry Bounce. It can set up on anything Politoed is locked into, bar Perish Song, Tornadus-T locked into Focus Blast, and sometimes even Keldeo. Gyarados can really do a lot of damage to your team. Even if Politoed is able to get a Perish Song off, Gyarados can still cause havoc before needing to switch out.

To cover up the Gyarados weakness, I am going to agree with the others in changing Surf on Politoed, except I say change it to Hidden Power Electric instead. This way, you can reliably take down Gyarados at +1. It is also useful against opposing water-types which is a nice, added bonus.

Other suggestions I have include using Grass Knot over Air Slash on Tornadus-T. While Air Slash is helpful as a STAB move outside of rain, Grass Knot definitely can benefit you more as you are able to nail Gastrodon and Quagisre. You should also use Hidden Power Ghost over Hidden Power Flying on Keldeo. HP Flying doesn't provide the best coverage, while HP Ghost allows you to hit Jellicent, Latias, and Celebi, common Keldeo counters. I also think using Body Slam over Thunder on Jirachi would be more useful than Thunder since you are able to cripple Pokemon such as Gastrodon and Thundurus-T. If you do implent this change, use a Careful Nature instead. Hope I helped and good luck with the team.
  10. chimpact

chimpact fire nation
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

With a spread of 252 HP / 80 Def / 178 SpD (Calm nature), your Amoongus takes hits better from both physical and special attackers. With more HP you also heal more leftovers and Regenerator, helping out your survivability even more.
  11. papai noel

papai noel
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Hey, nice team, i just have a few things i'd like to comment.

First of all, Keldeo. I really think you should run Secret Sword > Focus Blast and Hidden Power [Ghost] > Hidden Power [Flying]. This is mostly because your team has nothing to hit Blissey and Chansey, but with Secret Sword up, it's and easy KO on both of them. As for Hidden Power, you really shouldn't be running Flying with Tornadus-T on the team (which checks everything you listed pretty well). Hidden Power [Ghost] makes you able to hit Jellicent, Lati@s, Celebi and some other stuff for super-effective damage, which is always nice.

If you think Tornadus-T isn't really a nice Breloom counter due to Spore, maybe you could try to use Sleep Talk > Air Slash so that it can switch in to anything with the exception of Stone Edge and then destroy it easily. I also feel like you should run Life Orb > Choice Specs because Tornadus-T has Regenerator, which is a great ability that can recover the health lost due to recoil, and being stuck into one move just for a 20% stronger Special Attack is really lame. I also feel like you should definitely use Superpower instead of Focus Blast, which misses all the time and doesn't hit anything you want to hit for a greter damage. Heatran, Blissey, Tyranitar, Chansey, they all get hit harder with Superpower, which is really nice. If you change this, you should probably run a Naive Nature because you really won't appreciate lowering your Attack stat.

I also feel like you should change your Jirachi set to a CM + Wish one. With this new set you'll be able to have a nice setup sweeper other than Keldeo and you'll defeat the common core of Genesect + Dugtrio. If you appreciate Jirachi's function as a hazard setter, i think you could also try a Dual Screens with Stealth Rock on Azelf, because it would help the Keldeo / Tornadus-T / Jirachi sweep while giving you hazards.

Sets (open)

[​IMG]
    JIRACHI @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Psyshock
    - Wish

[​IMG]
    AZELF @ Light Clay
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Taunt / Psyshock

In general, great team. Gl.
  12. Miles Tails

Miles Tails

Hello, excuse the delay in giving the answer, Shining Latios'm running on HP Electric Politoed to see how it comes out, I'm running Santa Claus Calm Mind Jirachi as you suggested in place of my current set, I'm testing Claydol in place of Azelf,'m Choice Specs Keldeo also running in place of my current moveset, make changes in the RMT, I thank all the fees.
  13. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You have the most teams in the rmt than I've ever seen...

I would add a bit of spa Evs on ammonguss so you can break sub cm keldeo subs after +1. But otherwise this team is ok. Will do a more in-depth rate later, if you don't post another team up by then

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)