1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Scramble Challange - Mark 2

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Its_A_Random, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Tetrinity

Tetrinity

Because writing about Pokémon is infinitely more entertaining. :)

Great updates, guys! The next update for my own scramble is coming up soon, too. There will be SHENANIGANS.
  2. Hwang

Hwang

Sorry for the delay, but here is Chapter 5!

The challange and previous chapters!

The story:
    Show Hide
    Well, after getting the Cobble Badge I decided it was a good time to finally catch up with Roy. Alas, Dawn was waiting for me outside and asked me to help her take down some Galactic Grunts who stole her Pokedex. The battle was relatively one-sided and we crushed the two grunts. I travel to the Department Store and buy some TMs, hoping that they would become useful in the future. I explored Route 214 a bit and I was able to obtain a new teammate! She was a Houndour and I named her Dashie. There doesn’t seem to be much wrong with this Pokemon, but she is a little lazy and tends to take some naps every now and again. I also found another new teammate on Route 214, SlowMo the Rhyhorn. I guess there are always 2 sides to a coin, while Dashie is pretty good, SlowMo has some serious issues. For some reason he doesn’t use any Rock or Ground moves. Also, he doesn’t use any Physical attacks. Bummer.

Dashie evolved very quickly and became a powerhouse. Ambiguous also evolved but her status did not improve a lot. When I reached Pastoria City I headed straight for the Gym. Roy stopped me and bragged about how he already defeated the Gym. I challenged him to a battle. Sadly, Dashie was taking a nap and was not present for the showdown.

-I lead with Calm, he lead with Staravia.
    -Calm used Calm Mind and Staravia used Double Team.
    -I switch out to Fierce and Staravia used Quick Attack, barely doing any damage.
    -Fierce uses 1 Aerial Ace and knocks and Staravia.
    -Roy switches to Ponyta as I switch to Calm.
    -Ponyta uses Stomp and Calm flinched, 1 more Stomp and Calm was down for the count.
    -Ambiguous popped out of her Pokeball, wanting to avenge Calm.
    -Ambiguous was promptly knocked out by Flame Wheel.
    -I send in Fierce again, seeing as the rest of my team was incapable of taking down a silly little Ponyta.
    -Fierce knocks out Ponyta with an Aerial Ace. Roy sent in Roselia.
    -Roselia got demolished by Fierce’s Aerial Ace.
    -Prinplup came in. Actually doing some hefty damage with Bubblebeam.
    -Luckily, Fierce was able to knock out Prinplup before it could fire many Bubblebeams off.

Roy was baffled at how I defeated him. He exclaims about how the Gym Leader of Pastoria City has taken him in as an apprentice. I don’t really care though, I mean Roy does need all the help that he can get. After I enter the Gym, I come to a conclusion that the Gym leader specializes in Water Types. How did I make such an amazing guess you ask? Well, the Gym was filled with water. That kind of gave it away. When I finally made it to the Gym Leader, I realized that the fat man from Veilstone actually WAS telling the truth. First Fantina, now this guy? I guess the
    Gym Leaders of Sinnoh are a very odd bunch. The battle started against Crasher Wake, but Dashie was still taking her nap.

-I lead with Ambiguous, Wake leads with Gyarados.
    -Ambiguous used Thief doing next to no damage. Gyarados used Brine, almost knocking out Ambiguous.
    -I stressed Ambiguous out by using Grass Knot, but it did pretty significant damage to Gyarados. 1 more Brine knocked Ambiguous out anyway.
    -I sent in Fierce to finish the job. Which he did sharply and swiftly with Aerial Ace.
    -Wake sent in Quaqsire and I sent in Calm.
    -Calm used Calm Mind a few times while being hit with a few weak Water Pulses.
    -2 Confusions from Calm knocked Quagsire out.
    -Wake sent in Floatzel, which promptly knocked out Calm with 1 Crunch attack.
    -I sent in Fierce, and the intensity level grew.
    -Floatzel used Aqua Jet, doing about 1/3 of Fierce’s HP. Fierce used Aerial Ace, doing 1/3 of Floatzel’s HP.
    -I was getting a little scared, seeing as Fierce would lose this battle. But thank Arceus, Wake told Floatzel to use Brine for some reason. It only did ¼ of Fierce’s HP. Fierce used Return and brought Floatzel to red HP, but a Sitrus Berry healed it a bit.
    -1 more Return and the battle was over.

Crasher Wake gave me the Fen Badge for my hard earned victory.

The team:
    Show Hide
    Listed from MVP to LVP.
    [​IMG]
    Fierce the Staraptor: Level 36
    Aerial Ace
    Return
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Fierce is still defeating all of his opponents, however, there are some Pokemon that offer some resistance, like Crasher Wake's Floatzel.

[​IMG]
    Dashie the Houndoom: Level 29
    Bite
    Smog
    Beat Up
    Odor Sleuth
    Despite being one of the newer members of the team, Dashie has proved to be invaluable. Sadly, she did not participate in the Gym battle because she was napping, but the Gym was focused on Water types anyway, so I probably wouldn't have used her. I can't wait until she learns a Fire attack, that will make her amazing.

[​IMG]
    Calm the Meditite: Level 33
    Confusion
    Calm Mind
    Detect (Unusable)
    Shadow Ball
    After her victory at the Veilstone Gym, she hasn't really been all to useful. Her weak Defenses and poor Special Attacking skills require Calm Mind to be used a few times before Calm even becomes a viable Pokemon to use.

[​IMG]
    Ambiguous the Gardevoir: Level 31
    Grass Knot (Unusable, sort of)
    Thief
    Teleport
    Double Team
    Ambiguous is actually becoming a bit better. Thief is starting to actually do some damage to her opponents. I have had to stress her out by making her use a Special Attack sometimes.

[​IMG]
    SlowMo the Rhyhorn: Level 28
    Fire Blast
    Blizzard
    Tail Whip
    Scary Face
    SlowMo is a bit of a mess. The only moves that he uses conflict with his low Special Attack, and they are inaccurate as hell.

Oh and I have some questions: Tetrinity, I'm having some troubles with Ambiguous. If I stress her out with a Special Attack, then switch her out to another female Pokemon, and then the female Pokemon faints, do I send Ambiguous in for the revenge KO or does she stay stressed out?

Concerning Healer the Blissey: I'm going to change the evolution restrictions a bit. No restriction to evolve into a Chansey, must solo Rival in Canalave to evolve into Blissey. Otherwise, it would be near impossible to solo my Rival with a flipping Happiny. Also the restrictions to evolve to Blissey are insane. Just to get Healer I must catch a Chansey (30 minutes), catch a male Clefairy (30 minutes), train the Clefairy to level 31 to learn Metronome (45 minutes), breed and hatch Healer (15 minutes), and train healer to level 40 to at least have a chance at soloing my rival (2 hours). A total of 4 hours. So after all of that I'm not really prepared to spend much more time on the evolution restrictions for Healer, that is why I'm changing it a bit. I know I'm complaining a bit, but I just hate tedious tasks.

As always, feedback is appreciated!
  3. King Serperior

King Serperior

Well, Hwang, as bad as SlowMo is, at least he doesn't get stressed out and has high BP moves to make up for his Sp.Atk.

Note: SlowMo is able to Surf.

Great update too!!
  4. Hwang

Hwang

Thanks King Serperior! SlowMo isn't actually too bad. Next chapter I teach him a move that boosts his usefulness by a lot. I tried teaching him Surf, but I have to wait until he is a Rhydon.

I got pretty lucky when trying to find a Rhyhorn to fit the requirements though. A Speed reducing nature+Rock Head should have taken a while to find. But I found a suitable Rhyhorn on only the fifth try.
  5. MagicMissingno

MagicMissingno

Glad to see that Dashie is being useful!
  6. Tetrinity

Tetrinity

Whoops, hadn't realised the possible contradiction there. I'll say that the stress overrules any other restrictions, so that the revenge KO isn't necessary if Ambiguous is stressed out.

Anyway, looking good! Pretty cool that Ambiguous is becoming slightly more useful, even with a move as low powered as Thief. Double Team is always fun to spam against the AI too :D
  7. ReshiramBlackZekromWhite

ReshiramBlackZekromWhite

Ugh. I never realized how annoying it is to write up a background thing for scramble challanges. I haven't been on here in ages, simply because...
    Show Hide
    ...it's start of term, and we have lots of tests that my teachers forgot. For example, today I had a Math test (Foundations are freaking annoying), and a Science test (curse you Chemistry!), on Monday we have both an English Test on Julius Caesar and an 800 word essay on an example that you could use "Et tu, brute?" in real life. On Tuesday we have a Social Studies test: we have to memorize practically everything relating to food, weapons, social structure, recreation, transportation, art, religion, location, clothing, and language of 7 different Canadian First Nations tribes. Did I mention that I recently got a 10-page history report on the Baroque Era (complete with listening log and composer chart) due on Wednesday?!

I've written about 2500 words on my update, but still haven't covered half of what I want to. Heck, I haven't even got to the sorti - no, that's gonna have to wait until later. I am METICULOUSLY reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Sorcerer's Stone for you AMERICANOS) and am copying details down on a notepad. Did I mention that it's 11:14... at NIGHT?!

Look, I'm sorry for spamming this with personal problems, but frankly, the update should be done by mid-day tomorrow. I apologize for having a busy enough life that I'm not able to constantly be on Smogon, but then again, it gets boring after a while.

Also, I curse the fact that an avatar has to be so small... and I can't put an amazing custom animation that I spent 3 units of time making. Which units of time, you ask? You'll just have to figure it out for yourself.... and no it is NOT larger than hours or smaller than seconds.

The Hunger Games movie was good, and I eagerly await borrowing the book from my library; it's just the 7 months of hold that I don't eagerly await. I've placed hold requests on every copy, in every branch, in 4 different... companies. Yeah, companies is the right word. I've even asked 6 people from class.

OHMYGOSH CHIA IS FREAKING AMAZING please click on the link on my signature AND LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE ITS FAILING PEOPLE!!

PGx actually works. The commercials are NOT fake, and combing it with chia, quinoa, and goji berries fills you up and is great for you.

I hate formal letters. I was recently assigned to send one to the Premier of BC, and she replied rather badly, encouraging me not to (and I quote) "spam me with unnecessary mail, and bring up topics of relatively low concern in today's economy." Wolf culls are important, and they do affect the economy. Besides, wolves are awesome. And adorable.

LOLOL SOME GUY WAS WEARING SWEATPANTS AND GOT A BONER AND THE ENTIRE CLASS SAW AND EVERYONE LAUGHED EVEN THE FREAKING TEACHERS and I got a boner too... dafuq?!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG IM GOING TO PORTLAND FOR EASTER OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG NO SALES TAX OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG DOUBLE LIMIT ACROSS BORDER OMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSH CAPS LOCK IS AMAZING

If any of you have read up to here, PM me, and I'll electronically transfer a nickel from my bank account to yours. If you let it collect intrest at 5(0)% monthly, in 35 years you'll have over 70000 dollars!! At 2% yearly, it would take over 700 years, so hope for the best!!

You know when you see these "Hide" things, and there's always the "..." there? How does one replace it with words... I've seen it done before but don't know how...
  8. Mafeking

Mafeking channels his inner Wolverine
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I cried laughing; thanks for making my night.
  9. ReshiramBlackZekromWhite

ReshiramBlackZekromWhite

You're very welcome. You might make my night by doing one of the following:
    Show Hide

• Writing my 10-page History assignment on the Baroque Era
    • Having sex with me
    • Shipping a French stripper/prostitute over to use as a living sex doll (EXPRESS SHIPPING PLEASE!!)
    • Singing "Hey Jude" in front of the American Idol Judges (and Simon Cowell)
    • Answering my previous question:)

ignore strikethroughs
  10. Mafeking

Mafeking channels his inner Wolverine
    is a Contributor Alumnus

You mean making the hide tags show up

like this? (open)
    placeholder words blah blah

Just get the [ HIDE] [ /HIDE] tags open and insert an = after HIDE so that it reads
    words you want to be displayed (open)

p.s. not writing any papers nor doing you any favors of the sexual kind, sorry bro.
  11. Arceustar

Arceustar

This is how you do it (open)
    I was going to ask that same question but now I know
  12. ReshiramBlackZekromWhite

ReshiramBlackZekromWhite

words you want to be displayed (open)

Thank you very much and MY FREAKING STRIKETHROUGHS FAILED
  13. King Serperior

King Serperior

1000 post Scramble Challange and Shoutouts

1000 POSTS!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone and welcome to my long awaited 1000 post ceremony!!!!

I have a very great Scramble that will honor this great event. First though, I have some friends that I want to shout out to. This will be in ABC order for the sake of it.

Show Hide

Axmaster68 - You have always been one of my closest friends here. I truely cannot say anything other than the fact that it has been an honor to be your pal. Lets keep doing CAP, RPGs, and Scrambles!

Bald Accountant - Although I haven't known you as long as everyone else, I am happy to call you a friend. Thanks for the Ninetales!! I Managed to 6-0 a friend with its support!!

BattleStar -You were my first ever friend on Smogon and you allowed me to join Team Rocket Corperation. It was there that I met many of the people in this shoutout. Although we have had our differences, I am very glad to have been able to call you a friend.

Complications - Ah, what bad things can I say about you? *thinks* Nope, none at all! Comp, lets keep RPGing and ASBing as I still have a bone to pick with you in the latter. You are an awesome friend and not as hot-headed as Salazar would have you expect!!

Dark Pulse - Dark, Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dark Pulse, what interesting conversations that we've had. I was very suprised when I foundthat someone so much like me existed, and on the opposite side of the world at that too!! I also enjoyed your trolling of a certain person on this list too ^_^

DEMo_Gorgon47 - You are one of the people who helped me become who I am on this site. You taught me the art of RPGs and I took those lessons and ran. I wish to make long-lasting RPGs in the future with you!!

Its_A_Random - You started the Scramble Thread (as far as I know) and that alone allowed me to make good friends. I commend you for doing this fine deed. Thanks!!

Jimera0 - You made a rulebook for good challenges. You have the most epic updates. You have the funniest updates. You give the most creative challenges. What is there Not to like about you? Thanks for putting up with me and my challanges!!

Maxim - As the leader of two organizations in our best RPG, you have much to bear on your shoulders. This weight without complaint is a great trait to have in a friend. Thank you and I expect our rematch soon.

Pippy - Thanks for helping try to keep the peace at Smogon. You are a good and honorable friend that everyone should have.

PokemonLeagueChamp - We have had our differences, but I am happy to have known you. You have allowed me to meet some good friends here. Thanks for the opportunity.

Treadshot A1 - Your spine-chilling challenges have been horribly creative and scary to me. I wish to give you a taste of your own medicine, but my cruelness is very lacking.

VeilOfMaya - As with DEMo, you are one of the people who have helped me become who I am. Your group has opened the door to me creativity. I am proud to call you my friend. Let us make more excellent RPGs!!

Waterwarrior - I must say that I am happy to have known you. As a fellow Scrambler and ASBer, I have granted you with the honor of joining the ranks of those being mentioned. Thanks for being a great friend.

Ziposaki - Ever since you began doing RPGs, you have really opened up. Thanks to that, you are a much more fun person to talk to. I wish to have a Challenge Cup battle for old times sake. Thanks for being my friend!!

Zombachu - The only way that I can describe your abilities to make people laugh:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for being an awesomely funny friend!!

@All the people who have taken a "Random" challange - Good Luck because you all seriously need it :P

If I have forgotten anyone, just VM me and I'll add you.

Ok, with that over with, I am ready to open up my 1000 post Scramble!!

Game - HeartGold
    Length - All the way to Red
    Mon Number - Six
    Theme - Chosen from my top ten favorite anime characters. I will not be taking two Domon-based mons. I will choose if such an occurence happens.
    Difficulty - Medium

Top ten Anime Characters

Show Hide

1). Yusuke Urameshi (YuYu Hakusho)
    2). Domon Kasshu (Mobile Fighter G Gundam)
    3). Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)Taken
    4). Rokusho (Medabots)
    5). Roronoa Zoro (One Piece) Taken
    6). Super Buu: all forms (Dragon Ball Z) Taken
    7). Zeke (Zoids: Chaotic Century)
    8). Sasori (Naruto) Taken
    9). Gabumon: all forms (Digimon Adventures Season 1)
    10). Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh GX) Taken

I expect these challenges to be Creative!!! I will reserve the right to reject any and all challenges that I deem as not memorable or are too hard. If I recieve a tedious challange (killing 600 Rattata to evolve), there is a high possibility that it will either be rejected or edited. I cannot trade and want my mons to be able to fully evolve. If you have any questions, VM or PM me and I will do my best to answer them. I Do not want mons that are pathetic for 95% of the game (EX: Caterpie, Rattata, Sentret, etc). You don't have to give me Uber-strong mons, but I would like to have decent ones. Remember, these are my favorite characters and they have feelings too >.>

I will attempt to write a story with this one.

Let the Scramble Commence!!!!!
  14. StallMandibuzz

StallMandibuzz

@KS: I'm gonna have to cook up a Sasori challange for ya! Reserving.

@Everyone: I am going to be putting my reserved Pokémon Black on an indefinite hiatus, to focus on HeartGold. Granted I haven't started my Black Scramblé yet, two projects at once is too much.

Also, I'm working on a nice update for y'all!

@Shiny: Very nice Ruby prologue! That hints that the Pokémon world isn't as peaceful and happy as the games suggest, eh? ;p

@Hwang: Liking the updates so far! Keep them up!

@Jimera: Wonderful update as always, they always have such a sarcastic humor into it, and the hax gods absolutely hate you and your team! O_O Keep at it. :D
  15. Tetrinity

Tetrinity

Heh, I'll take a crack at a Jaden Yuki challange for you. I want to finish writing my update first though, almost done. ;)
  16. Wobbanaut

Wobbanaut

@stall does that mean you accepted my basculin challenge
  17. Tetrinity

Tetrinity

Update number three! Definitely an interesting one, it has to be said.

Mt. Coronet & Candice (open)
    Snow had never been so fierce.
    Sophie struggled through the snow, shielding her face with a raised forearm. Her friends had battled on with her for a while, but by now she had called them back into their Poké Balls, unwilling to put them through any more. There was still a long way to go.
    The hill grew steeper. Was she near the top? Impossible to tell. The blizzard reduced visibility so much she could barely make out her own arm at times. The occasional tree provided the sole indication of progress being made at all.
    "Hey!"
    The voice was distant, barely there. Sophie didn't notice it the first time, nor the second. Then a hand clasped her shoulder, making her jump so forcefully the hand was flung back.
    "Hey, it's okay," said the man. He had a pair of skis on his feet and a worried expression on his face. Sophie realised that she was suddenly sat in a blanket of snow. Embarrassed, she accepted the man's hand and heaved herself onto her feet.
    "You're not looking too great," he said. "Listen, my house isn't far from here. You need to warm up before you give yourself hypothermia."
    Sophie merely nodded and followed the man sideways along the hill, trying her best not to slip. The skis didn't seem to affect the man's progress at all. Time had pretty much stopped, and it could've been a minute or ten years by the time they reached a small shack, shielded from the blizzard by nothing more than a few rows of wood panels acting as a wind break.
    "Name's Adrian, by the way," he said, pushing the door open. "You?"
    "S-Sophie," she chattered, gratefully settling into a chair by the crackling fire.
    "You headed to Snowpoint, Sophie?"
    "Y-yeah. Lake Acuity, too."
    A dark look flashed across Adrian's face at the mention of Lake Acuity. He rose to his feet.
    "You're not one of them Galactic folk, are you?"
    Sophie quickly shook her head.
    "No. Far from it. I'm trying to stop them after what they did at Lake Valor."
    "Hrmm. Alright. I don't like what they're doing there, not one bit. I've been keeping my distance, myself. You should do the same."
    "I can't. I need to go there, I owe Professor Rowan a favour."
    "Ah, you know Rowan?" he asked. "I met the guy once, helped me out of a bit of a tight spot myself. Well, okay, I can help you reach there. I won't go any further than the lakefront though. You'll be on your own from there."
    "Don't worry," Sophie smiled. "I'll have six friends coming with me."

Adrian had left Sophie at the entrance to Snowpoint City with a wave and a wish for good luck. She had spent a short time at the Pokémon Centre, then headed to the lake as soon as possible afterwards, not wanting to waste any more time. As it turned out, however, the lake was blocked off. Two surly police guards blocked Sophie from entering.
    "Sorry, kid. Road's closed. Go back to Snowpoint and wrap up warm."
    Sophie stared at the path behind the guards. She could even catch a glimpse of the lake itself from here. The urge was too much, and she made a break for it, surging past the guards. Her bid for freedom was short lived, however - another pair of guards, accompanied by a young girl, blocked her path.
    "Where do you think you're going?" admonished the girl in a rather high-pitched voice. Sophie didn't reply, still searching for a way past.
    "You're not getting to the lake, if that's what you're thinking," she continued. "There's been a lot of trouble with Team Galactic. We can't let anybody past."
    "I can deal with a few Galactic goons," Sophie protested. "I've lost count of the number of them I must have faced."
    She shook her head.
    "Not these guys. Whatever they were doing here, it was something big. Please leave."
    "I can't! My friend is in there. He needs my help."
    "I assure you there is nobody there but police and those Galactic idiots. The entire area has been sealed off."
    This wasn't getting anywhere. Sophie stared desperately past the girl, searching for a sign of her friend. Nothing. Wait, over there! A glimpse of blond hair, quickly disappearing behind a rock when the owner realised he'd been spotted. Clearly the police hadn't been too thorough in their search.
    Nothing for it. Sophie hesitated for just a moment longer, then forced her way past the girl, cutting her off mid-sentence. The angered shouts fell on deaf ears, the guards caught off balance by the sudden burst of speed. Only one shout made it through to Sophie's mind, and even then it took her a moment to realise the precise meaning of the phrase.
    "Go, Sneasel!"
    The girl was Candice. Snowpoint City's Gym Leader. Well, at least that explained why she was here. As Sophie reached for a Poké Ball, she had a thought. She was gaining a reputation for defeating Gym Leaders with only a single Pokémon. Perhaps she could do the same again, in front of all these people no less.
    "Oldie, come on out!"
    Rampardos could do it, no problem. No need to take risks this time. All of Candice's Pokémon would be Ice type. She'd have the advantage against every single one. And she'd been working with Oldie in secret. He'd never been one for defence, so she'd taken some precautions. Now all she had to do was hope he could remember what those precautions actually were.
    The Sneasel was already on its first attack, cloaking itself in a shadow as it dashed towards Oldie. Sophie held her breath. If he remembered, he'd know exactly what to do. If not…
    Oldie's face was scrunched up in concentration. Something obviously then clicked in his head, as he'd grabbed a rock and thrown it up into the air. The Sneasel's attack struck the rock, shattering it into pieces.
    "Alright, Oldie!" called Sophie, smiling at her Rampardos' initiative. "Hit back with an AncientPower!"
    Oldie stopped once more, trying to connect the word to an action. There were blips, but ultimately nothing happened. He looked back to Sophie, a confused expression on his face. Not the most opportune technique for him to forget, she had to admit, but he could still do it.
    The Sneasel was incoming for a second strike. Time for action. Oldie didn't need to be told what to do; he blocked the attack effortlessly using a second boulder and went into a charge, bowling the Sneasel over before it realised what was going on. If the headbutt hadn't finished it off, the trampling underneath Oldie's feet certainly did. Candice called the Pokémon back before it had to suffer any more damage.
    "Hmm," she muttered. "Strong. But no matter. I have my ways of dealing with people like you."
    The second Poké Ball of four was flung forward, releasing a small furry creature. Sophie didn't know what it was called, but overheard the word "Piloswine" murmured several times from the onlookers. All she knew was that it must be an Ice type, and that'd suit her just fine.
    Oldie seemed apprehensive. Perhaps he knew something Sophie didn't, because normally a creature half its height wouldn't phase him in the slightest.
    "Oldie?"
    He shook his head slightly, then took off towards the lake, completely the opposite direction to where Piloswine and Candice stood. Sophie's heart sank, and she reached for Oldie's Poké Ball. Something about Piloswine must have spooked him somehow. No matter. Confused would handle the job just fine.
    She stopped.
    Oldie hadn't been running at all. Oldie had a plan where Sophie had none.
    A massive wave, carrying chunks of ice and a large dinosaur, forced itself through the blizzard and crashed into the ground directly in front of Piloswine. Candice and the onlookers behind her were sent flying by the water, which proved sufficiently powerful enough to uproot several trees. When the water eventually cleared, Piloswine lay unconscious semi-buried in a snow bank.
    Candice picked herself up, positively fuming.
    "Your Rampardos is a monster!" she screamed. "This ends, now!"
    She slammed a Poké Ball into the melting snow bank, releasing what appeared to be a large tree, encrusted with snow. Sophie had seen smaller versions of these earlier, attempting to camouflage themselves in the alpine landscape. This one made no such attempt, instead preferring to charge full-pelt at Oldie, who had just reappeared from where the wave had carried him.
    Rampardos was ready. As the Abomasnow approached, Oldie tilted his head sideways and used his mouth to rip a tree from the ground, severing what few roots were still intact from the wave. Now, Abomasnow may be tough, and indeed a tree itself, but no matter what you are, a tree to the face is going to hurt. And so it did. Abomasnow slammed into the ground, skidding twenty feet before coming to a halt and pulling itself onto its feet.
    The area lay oddly silent, just for a few seconds. Then a dozen Poké Balls were thrown forward, a cataclysm of colour as the Pokémon inside were released. Sophie could see the closest four, two Growlithe, a Mightyena and a Granbull, all preparing to charge. The others had spread themselves out, encircling Oldie who kept trying to back away without success.
    A whistle was blown by one of the police officers, prompting the Pokémon forward at an incredible pace. Rampardos did the only thing he could, swinging its head around and crashing the tree into the ground at its feet. The resulting tremor gave him enough respite to escape, squeezing between a disoriented Houndoom and Growlithe and dashing once more for the lake.
    Sophie's nerves were wracked. She was no longer under control of Oldie. Not really. Certainly none of the more recent events had been part of her training routine. She could only watch as her Rampardos summoned another wall of water, sweeping half the crowd into the surrounding forest.
    The wave petered out, coming to a sudden halt as it passed over Candice and dropping to the ground as a flurry of snow. Rampardos, no longer supported by the water, found itself at the top of a thirty foot drop. Then, two seconds later, at the bottom of it.
    A shadow leapt from the newly formed snow, performing a graceful flip before touching down gently in front of Rampardos, inelegantly hauling himself to his feet. The fall had injured him, but he was still able to fight. When he caught sight of the small figure in front of him, he seemed to regain his resolve, rearing back up onto hind legs.
    "Froslass," breathed Sophie, ice crystals forming in front of her mouth with the air current. The Pokémon shimmered slightly in the night air, only partially within the real world.
    Oldie lowered his head, poised to charge. A moment's silence, then a burst of acceleration carrying him towards the target. Froslass was ready, responding with a powerful torrent of snow that forced the Rampardos to a crawl. The resulting tackle barely fazed Froslass, who swept herself into the air with a final pirouette to complete her attack.
    The contrast was staggering. Oldie's sheer power and brute force against Froslass' grace and elegance. If it were anybody else fighting, Sophie would probably have been rooting for her opponent. But they were close, and her resolve would not fade now.
    Froslass remained in her position, hovering just out of the Rampardos' reach. Sophie decided to try jogging his memory, issuing a command for an AncientPower. A quick finish, if it had worked. The order had no visible effect. Damn. Alright, let's do this the hard way.
    A second blast of snow fired at Oldie, forcing him to take cover behind a tree to avoid blacking out from the pressure. He was fighting a losing battle and he knew it. Waves were instantly frozen over and Froslass stayed out of reach, away from the danger of the Rampardos' horns. And the one effective method of hitting Oldie's opponent remained locked away in a hidden vault of his memory. Time for the mental equivalent of a Rube Goldberg machine.
    "Oldie, use Substitute!"
    Oldie almost queried the order, then thought better of it, instead picking up a boulder and using it as a cover. Sophie had a plan. Her Rampardos may have forgotten how to throw rocks, but with a bit of luck he'd remember how to scale them.
    "Rock Climb, now!"
    Froslass watched on suspiciously as Oldie set down the boulder and took several steps back. She remained where she was. She was well out of reach, even if the Rampardos stood on top of the rock. No need for concern.
    Rampardos charged.
    He leapt up onto the boulder, still running at full pelt.
    And then he slammed a tree down into the ground.
    Sophie couldn't help but grin as she watched her Rampardos launch into the air, pole-vaulting directly at the Froslass and impaling a horn directly into Froslass' icy chest. He rode the tree the rest of the way down, landing with a gentle thump in a bank of snow.
    Candice wordlessly called her Pokémon back. The onlookers and their Pokémon had almost all completely vanished. The sight of the girl staring at the ground, willing herself to stay calm, was surprisingly morbid. Then she threw something to the ground and ran away, making it to the safety of Snowpoint City.
    The object was almost buried under the snow by the time Sophie reached it. A picture of two ice-encrusted mountains - the Icicle Badge. This wasn't quite how Sophie had anticipated winning it, but the rush of victory rang true. One thing was for sure, though - she would no longer be welcome at Snowpoint City. Not after a display like that. She began her descent of the mountain, trudging through the blizzard and wondering to herself just what had happened to her friend.

Current Team (open)

Ordered from LVP to MVP, for once.

[​IMG]
    Can'tdoit (Lv43 Piplup) @ Amulet Coin
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Ability: Torrent
    Moveset: Pound | Growl | Peck | Mist

oh hey Can'tdoit is LVP truly this is a revelation to us all

Not being able to level him up in this area is a pain, but it's not been too much trouble so far; I left myself plenty of leeway.

[​IMG]
    Purify (Lv41 Meditite) @ Mind Plate
    Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
    Ability: Pure Power
    Moveset: Brick Break | Calm Mind | Confusion | Grass Knot

I still need to teach him Ice Punch, seeing as I met the requirement for another physical move. Perhaps he'll be a little more useful then. Brick Break is great, but Calm Mind isn't as useful as I might like; he pretty much faints before he can set up enough to do any serious damage with special attacks.

[​IMG]
    Lola (Lv40 Buneary) @ Quick Claw
    Nature: Gentle (+Def, -SpD)
    Ability: Run Away
    Moveset: Return | Agility | Baton Pass | Jump Kick

Lola isn't bad, per se, she just hasn't got too much to do these days. Five more levels and she'll be a Lopunny, though. Should help out her relatively low offensive stats somewhat.

[​IMG]
    Fiddle (Lv40 Kricketune) @ Razor Fang
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    Ability: Swarm
    Moveset: X-Scissor | Rock Smash | Strength | Aerial Ace

Fiddle's coverage comes in handy - I generally have a super-effective and neutral attack at my disposal against any given Pokémon, so perma-Torment doesn't bother him too much.

[​IMG]
    Oldie (Lv48 Rampardos) @ Shell Bell
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Moveset: AncientPower | Substitute | Surf | Rock Climb

Yeah, that level is correct. It was kinda superfluous to grind him up to lv46 for the start of the Candice fight, but at the time it made sense - Abomasnow was OHKOing with a choice of Wood Hammer or Focus Blast and I would've basically needed Focus Blast to miss three times in a row. Once I reached level 46, I realised there was a much easier way of going about the battle. I picked up a Substitute TM, and suddenly the fight was much simpler.

[​IMG]
    Confused (Lv40 Lucario) @ Fist Plate
    Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moveset: Rock Smash | Swords Dance | Double Team | Toxic

Confused has fainted a grand total of once. That was due to being hax'd myself through confusion damage, ironically enough. He really does just destroy everything, needing only the occasional assistance in the form of a Moomoo Milk or Hyper Potion. STAB Rock Smash after a Swords Dance is still plenty strong enough. <3

General notes on the Candice fight (open)
    I definitely retconned this fight a great deal, it has to be said. In reality, I bought a load of X items, then boosted up both defences to maximum against the Sneasel while stalling with Substitute. The only tough opponent was Froslass, who was spamming Double Team and had Snow Cloak activated. <____<

AncientPower was indeed the forgotten move, which was a pity, but hey. The fight was waaaaaay easier with Substitute, should really have thought of it earlier.
  18. King Serperior

King Serperior

Confused is MVP again ^_^

Great update!! Cant wait for the next few chapters!!
  19. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

@KS
    thanks for the shout out :D, I do my best on here. I'll reserve the DBZ Super Buu for you since that's the only character I actually know at all on your list... why couldn't you have FMA Brotherhood or Spice and Wolf or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on there >.<

@Stall
    yeah, dry humor is my thing. I'm glad you like it. And yes I have terrible luck in Pokemon for some reason, it's just as bad on PO.

@Tetrinity
    Awesome update as usual. I'm torn between the cinematic descriptions of your gym battles and actually learning what you did, but since you usually summarize what you actually did at the end anyway I get both! Keep it up!

@All
    I might well have yet ANOTHER update up today, seeing as I have the time and this next part shouldn't take too long to do. I'm pretty sure 3 updates in 3 days is some sort of record for me... anyway, after that the post game update might take a while because I'm working for the next 4 days and when I get home from that I'm kinda bushed. We'll see though, overall I should be done the Colosseum scramble within the week.

EDIT: KS, take a Mareep and name it Buu. First of all, Buu likes destruction (it's fun!), and as such can only ever inflict damage through direct attacks. No Toxic or anything like that. That's not much of a restriction, but while Buu starts off pretty strong it needs to consume other fighters to get stronger! At the start, it can only use level up electric type moves (minus Thunder), and Tackle. Here's a list of fighters to absorb (solo) in order to gain their powers.

Normal and Electric Type Status Moves: Absorb Joey's Rattata! (May require a rematch).
    Other status moves: Absorb Silver's Gastly twice (otherwise it'd be too easy) or Morty's Gengar
    Physical moves other than Tackle: Absorb Chuck's Poliwrath or all the trainers in his gym.
    Thunder and electric TMs: Absorb your rival's Magnemite 3 times or Jasmines Magneton
    Special moves of other types: Absorb Pryce's Piloswine or your rival's starter every encounter before the elite 4 (second option not applicable if rival's starter is Totadile).

No matter what though he must defeat the hero, Lance! Have him solo his entire team.

Enjoy!

Notes: This challange will be hardest at first when you have limited access to moves, but by the time you get to the League he'll be completely unrestricted if you managed to absorb all the fighters. It's not dissimilar from the Mario challenge you gave me hmmm? No matter what though, I expect Lance to be suitably challenging!

Also I may have gotten some details of Buu wrong thanks to the fact it's been around a decade since I saw the episodes involving him. Hopefully, I got enough right to not look silly.
  20. Nauris

Nauris

]Reserving Zoro challenge for KS.

Edit: Take Roronoa the Sandshrew. He can only use attacks that involve slashing: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Fury Cutter, Slash, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Sword Dance, X-scissor, Crush Claw, Cut. As you probably know his boss is somewhat stupid and gets into fights, so Roronoa can only participate every third major battle.(Gym leader, Legendary, Rival,etc) He cannot switch out or healed during battle as it would hurt his pride as swordsman. If he dies during battle he has to solo 5 trainers and next Gym leader, E4 member or Rival. He has to solo Bruno and Red's Charizard.
    Also after he has soloed 4 gym leaders he can use learn Dig and after He has soloed 6 + E4 member he can replace dig with earthquake.
  21. King Serperior

King Serperior

If someone can, I want one of the top 3 on my team....

@Jimera: should be an easy solo of Lance. Non of his mons carry EQ, right?
  22. StallMandibuzz

StallMandibuzz

@KS: You are correct, none of Lance's Pokémon have any Ground moves until getting Garchomp in the rematch. It also sucks that Toxic isn't a viable TM until after the E4. >_< I'll have to improvise that aspect of my Challange then. :|

King, catch Sasori the MALE Tentacool. Now, since Sasori enjoys poisoning his enemies, he must always have at least one poisonous move, preferably Toxic Spikes. In order to be able to attack, he must lay down two layers of Toxic Spikes in a drawn out battle, or have one attack that can at least poison enemies. Since he appreciates the art of Poison, he mst battle all Poison-types that he meets in order to show that HE is the one true master of it. In order to prove that he is the unequivocal master of Poison, he must solo Koga, as well as Janine, since both father and daughter are supposed masters of Poison. He views his teammates as his puppets, but he uses one of them a lot more often then the others. Pick a Pokémon, and whoever you pick will be Sasori's puppet. If Sasori is low on health, he will send his puppet out to tank the blows of his enemies while he plots and replenishes his Chakra. When/If his puppet is dispatched, he will come out and fight to the death. He must severely poison ten enemy ninjas (trainers) in order to evolve, and if his traps are destroyed, he must lay more. Have fun. :)

[Sorry that it's almost all based on his Poisonous puppets, but there are no good Pokémon I could really use to actually be a puppet besides Banette. :| At least there's some aspect of using a puppet in my Challange.]
  23. Tetrinity

Tetrinity

Sorry about the delay in posting this challange, haven't had access to my computer.

KS, take a Heracross called Jaden Yuki. His name just fits so perfectly, I don't want to change it. :p

Jaden's main deck uses the Elemental HERO archetype. Since these are mostly Warrior type monsters, they take advantage of Fighting type attacks. Therefore Jaden should know at least two Fighting type moves as soon as possible. However, many Elemental HERO monsters are relatively weak in terms of pure stats, and it's helpful to boost these in order to beat down the opponent. Jaden may not use a Fighting type damaging move unless an X item has been used to increase the relevant stat in this fight.

However, there's more to Jaden than pure attacking. Jaden is connected with Winged Kuriboh, able to see its spirit when others cannot. This spirit helps Jaden when he is in danger. Unfortunately, in the transition into the world of Pokémon, Jaden became a bit confused about what Winged Kuriboh actually looks like.

Upon capturing Jaden, designate one of your other Pokémon as Jaden's "Winged Kuriboh". When Jaden faints, you must send out Winged Kuriboh and revenge kill or die trying. If this is not possible, or Winged Kuriboh faints in this attempt, Jaden has lost the duel and will brood over the loss. He may not battle until Winged Kuriboh gains a level.

To prove his worth, Jaden wants to defeat the best of the best at Duel Monsters. Jaden must solo Clair. Optionally, you may solo any one member of the E4 (first round) to void the X item requirement - his deck is good enough to no longer need the boosts.

Bonus optional restriction: Say the words "Get your game on!" whenever Jaden is sent out, as loud as you dare.

Summary:
    Jaden Yuki the Heracross
    - Must know at least two Fighting type moves as soon as possible
    - May only use a Fighting type damaging move if an X item has been used in this fight to boost the appropriate attacking stat.
    - Upon capture, designate one other Pokémon as Jaden's Winged Kuriboh. If Jaden faints, Winged Kuriboh must revenge kill. If this is not possible (e.g. Winged Kuriboh refuses to fight / is already fainted) or Winged Kuriboh faints in the attempt, Jaden loses the duel and refuses to fight until Winged Kuriboh gains a level.
    - Must solo Clair.
    - Optional: Solo any E4 member (first round) to void the X item restriction.
    - Optional: Say "Get your game on!" whenever Jaden is sent out. No reason, it'd just be cool.

Hopefully works out okay, it's been a while since I read any of the GX manga or watched the anime. I originally wanted to make this Pokémon the Winged Kuriboh itself, but couldn't find anything suitable. :p
  24. Pika25

Pika25

Details (open)

On Chapter 7, it should say Morning Sun instead of Moonlight on Mario the Espeon. Besides, you can get those snags (and hence the purification ceremonies) in the post game anyway, including the Ariados you missed.
  25. King Serperior

King Serperior

@Tetrinity: Accepted!!

@Nauris: remove the "if faint, solo next major trainer + 5 trainers" part. That just begs for critical hits.

Can someone give me a mon from my top three?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)