Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@Tetrinity: Accepted!!
Awesome. Will you be doing the "Get Your Game On!" restriction? :D

@Tetrinity
Awesome update as usual. I'm torn between the cinematic descriptions of your gym battles and actually learning what you did, but since you usually summarize what you actually did at the end anyway I get both! Keep it up!
Thanks :) I prefer the cinematic descriptions since it's how I'd imagine what a Pokémon battle would actually be like, especially one as unregulated as that Candice fight. In reality, hugely powerful creatures wouldn't just sit around, patiently waiting for trainers to suggest a move and then execute them in turn, and I want to portray that.

That, and saying, "Oldie used Surf, Piloswine used Earthquake, Oldie used Substitute, Candice healed Piloswine with a Hyper Potion" for a whole battle feels a little dull :p hence the summaries of any changes instead. I make myself a note of what happens each turn and use it as a guideline, but as you've seen, I'm hardly one to stick to the letter ;)

@Tetrinity: I agree, excellent updates. ^_^ It's also a bit more realistic when at least SOME of the Gym Leaders will hate your guts after kicking their asses. :P Since you showed her up at Lake Acuity, Candice certainly won't be calling you over for a sleepover or anything. o_o

I finished my latest update for Platinum-go read it if you're a fan!

and Ruby start+team update for Platinum will be coming tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how things work out

@Shiny: Quite personally, I've never really liked the bullet point updates, I've always enjoyed reading the prose updates so much more, like Jimera, User, or my own. I'm not bashing it or anything, of course, but I could really never get into bullet-point updates. Your Ruby Scramble's got potential to evolve into a fun little story, and yours will have quite a bit more sorrow then my own will, but mine won't be completely without negative consequences. Keep it up. :)

@ KS

Congrats on your 1000th post. Sorry this is a bit late. You are such a cool scramble player that I am slightly tempted to gt involved in it aswell!!!!

King Serperior, can you accept a Scyther? Kenpachi Zaraki has a wild and aggressive appearance, fitting with his personality. Prior to entering the Soul Reaper ranks, he lived in district 80, the most lawless district surrounding Soul Society, becoming proficient with a sword, or at least fighting, while he was there. (Once you get to the National Park, you must enter the bug-catching contest and catch a male Scyther.) After leaving the district, he found a girl he named Yachiru (やちる) who didn't fear his sword. (Designate a team member, preferably a female if you have any, as Yachiru. He cannot be in a double battle if he is without Yachiru. The only moves he can use must involve the sword, be it alone or with Yachiru.) Time passed, and he made his way into the Soul Society and killed the previous captain of the 11th division. (Solo a Gym Leader who isn't taken.) As a new captain, he was begrudgingly forced to learn kendo, which he hated at first because it personified his sword, but he did agree on one thing: a blade wielded by both hands is more powerful than a one-handed blade. (You may now use other attack moves.) Eventually he killed the Fullbringer, finding him boring. (You must deal the finishing blow to one of Red's Pokémon.)

(Used Wikipedia for background info, sorry I don't know much about Bleach)

Recap:
  • Enter the bug-catching contest, catch a male Scyther, and name him after Kenpachi Zaraki (Ken Zaraki is fine)
  • Designate a team member as Yachiru, who must accompany him in doubles
  • Can only use moves involving a sword (Swords Dance is fine)
  • After soloing a gym leader of your choice, can use other attacks
  • Must land ending blow against one of Red's Pokémon

@Shiny: Quite personally, I've never really liked the bullet point updates, I've always enjoyed reading the prose updates so much more, like Jimera, User, or my own. I'm not bashing it or anything, of course, but I could really never get into bullet-point updates. Your Ruby Scramble's got potential to evolve into a fun little story, and yours will have quite a bit more sorrow then my own will, but mine won't be completely without negative consequences. Keep it up. :)
I did bullet point updates for a while because I was too lazy to write real updates. I think the bullet point format can be improved a lot, but the straight prose form will always be better.

And since I started Platinum and Colosseum (if I return to it later) as bullet points, I'll probably finish them that way, for consistency's sake.

Thanks for the feedback!

@Shiny: No problem, I would appreciate feedback on my writing style too, of course, and so far, I've gotten all positive comments, which surprised me, but that works for me. ^^ Still, feedback and criticism are always loved.

[/hide]
On Chapter 7, it should say Morning Sun instead of Moonlight on Mario the Espeon. Besides, you can get those snags (and hence the purification ceremonies) in the post game anyway, including the Ariados you missed.
Yeah i know about the Moonlight/Morning Sun mistake, not that the attacks are any different from each other. I haven't bothered to go and change it yet. As for the Shadow Ariados (and all the others I've KO'd since then)... how? I checked on GameFAQs and it said that you only had one chance for that.

Anyway, guess what people?

Chapter 9 is up!

Yup, next chapter moves on to the post game! I will say this chapter is rather short though, consisting of just a few battles and cutscenes. the next and final update will be much longer, I guarantee it.

Also, speaking of updates, I always loved shinyskarmory's point form updates, he has a way to make them just as awesome as prose ones to me. I actually voted for him in the last Scramble awards yah know.

@Pika: I'll make an exception as Scyther is super strong and, like Kenpachi, never let his sword reach it's max potential. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone to help me evolve him.

@KS: I'll gladly help you evolve him, if you want. I'll figure out how to connect to Wi-fi on my Platinum and we can take it from there when you want a Scizor. Also, how does my Sasori Challange sound?

@Jimera: Wooo, more sarcastic humor! :D

Know what? I'm going to do something unique for my 200th post.
I want a scramble for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team!
First off, I need two starters. One to play as, and one as my partner. The "player" can be any of the following pokemon:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Meowth
Psyduck
Machop
Cubone
Eevee
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Skitty

The partner pokemon can be any of the starters.
I'd also like challenges for the Magnemite and Absol that you recruit automatically, and for two other pokemon of your choice. Be aware that I will reject any pokemon that cannot be obtained before the post-game. I will also not take any pokemon that is unobtainable before the post-game. Also be aware that I cannot evolve anything.
I'd like the difficulty to be Easy. PMD Red is already a fairly difficult game, I don't want it to be excruciating. I have the right to reject any challenge that I deem too difficult.
Also, no type overlaps. This means that I cannot have Pikachu as my starter, since I'm getting a Magnemite already.

Without further ado, fire away!!

Accepted Challanges:
Starter: Reserved by Skyshayde
Partner: --
Magnemite: --
Absol:
Pika25 said:
As for Professor Science, once your team recruits Absol, you must call it Demonblade. Its attacks have to be either all Dark type or all physical. Recall that Mystery Dungeon Red does NOT use the physical/special split present in game engines from gen 4 onward.
Pokemon 5:
Arceustar said:
Reserving a Zangoose for Prof.

ThreeRules the Zangoose

1) Must never use a status move
2) Must never hold an item
3) Must solo all fighting-types
Pokemon 6:
Its_A_Random said:
Professor Science, take a Gligar from Mt. Thunder.

From my vast experience in the PMD series, Gligar is quite powerful, but an absolute pain in the arse to level experience wise. Since you want easy, though, I'll give you an easy, 3 restriction challenge.
1. You cannot feed it any Gummi.
2. All IQ Abilities it has that can be disabled, MUST be disabled.
3. Name Gligar Brawn.

Have fun.

Know what? I'm going to do something unique for my 200th post.
I want a scramble for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team!
First off, I need two starters. One to play as, and one as my partner. The "player" can be any of the following pokemon:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Meowth
Psyduck
Machop
Cubone
Eevee
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Skitty

The partner pokemon can be any of the starters.
I'd also like challenges for the Magnemite and Absol that you recruit automatically, and for two other pokemon of your choice. Be aware that I will reject any pokemon that cannot be obtained before the post-game. I will also not take any pokemon that is unobtainable before the post-game. Also be aware that I cannot evolve anything.
I'd like the difficulty to be Easy. PMD Red is already a fairly difficult game, I don't want it to be excruciating. I have the right to reject any challenge that I deem too difficult.
Also, no type overlaps. This means that I cannot have Pikachu as my starter, since I'm getting a Magnemite already.

Without further ado, fire away!!

Starter reserved, i'll do it tommorow when I'm not so tired xD

Go ahead and try, Stall. If you do connect with King Serperior, you can do the Scizor trade after the chosen gym leader solo. Go ahead and include Bullet Punch in the deal if you wish. If you can't, just simply no Scizor at all, let alone Bullet Punch.

Edit: Gen 4 server is probably down, ever since the BW server started operations. Then again, they could reopen it for the purpose of the Lock Capsule, but I think they are way too late...

As for Professor Science, once your team recruits Absol, you must call it Demonblade. Its attacks have to be either all Dark type or all physical. Recall that Mystery Dungeon Red does NOT use the physical/special split present in game engines from gen 4 onward.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Accepting Scramble for Ruby version.

Rules:

• Only one pokemon, a Mudkip.
  • Difficulty level as high as possible.

Reserving for Level 51. You want an impossibly hard challange? You got it.
Level 51, take Uber the Mudkip. This Mudkip is to strongth for everyone else! It decides to be merciful and gives them a chance. First off, Uber may never evolve, since that would make it so powerful that it would kill everything involuntarily. When Uber attacks, it doesn't go full power- Uber may only use resisted attacks, unless it has no choice. In that case, it must use Tackle. Of course, this means that Uber must always keep Tackle. Another thing- Uber doesn't need things like Pokemon Centers to heal, it does things the old-fashioned way. Uber may only have its HP healed by items, not Pokemon Centers. (you may however heal its PP at a Pokemon Centre, but only if it's HP is at 100%). And of course, Uber doesn't like to give itself an even greater advantage over its enemies, as that would be just unfair. So, you may not use any items on it in battle, including hold items.

Enjoy your challange!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)