Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Oh man, solos in Scramblockes must be really nerve racking. I think if the Pokemon fails, it dies, but you then can use the rest of your team. That is why I will never Scramblocke. I even have stopped Nuzlockeing after my Pidgeot got 1hko'd by a Self-Destructing Exeggutor.

And yes, SirRobin must be male.

Critical hits will just be begging to screw me in the throat, solos are going to suck unless I completely circumvent solos or the Pokémon are meant to die, like how some of Skarm's Pokémon are for his own Scramblocke. If I keep Fighter the Roggenrolla, that Sturdy is going to be an absolute frigging godsend. I think I'm going to review each of the Pokémon I gained before, then if I want them for this Scramblocke, I'll edit them accordingly. If not, no hard feelings. <_>

Good news everyone!

CHAPTER 10 UP! Colosseum Scramble, completed!

I've added Chapter 10, and also an MVP-LVP listing with a summary of my thoughts on the scramble! I'd like to thank everyone who gave me Pokemon for this scramble, even though some them kinda tortured me. I'll post the rules for my upcoming Black Scramble in a little bit, I'll probably eat something first. Oh and a quick warning: This update is freaking long. It took MANY hours of play over the course of 3 days to get it out, and the length reflects it. The only reason I was able to get it out so soon is because I've been sick the past couple days and as such was home from work.

I'm also giving something to Stall, though I might take a short bit before I post it.

Oh, and also.

DON'T START RESERVING POKEMON FOR MY BLACK SCRAMBLE YET

Wait until I at least get the rules up yah hear? It just isn't fair to people for you to be reserving already.

EDIT: @Hwang Ok that is the most hilarious challenge ever just because of that ballad. I pride myself on giving out witty challenges, but that just takes the cake.
Just quoting this for the new page because I'm pretty sure it just got burried due to end-of-page syndrome.

Also, I'll be editing Stall's challange into this post so it isn't just a crappy repost, don't worry.

EDIT: @StallMandibuzz, take a Venipede and name it SQUICK! Squick knows it is an icky bug, and REVELS in it. Have it participate in every battle with a female trainer, because it thinks that girls are easier to scare with a bug. You don't actually have to use an attack btw, just appear on the field. Hopefully, this won't be very hard for you.

@Jimera: Hahaha, scary buggy. :3 So it only needs to scare female trainers? No backstory of its' family getting killed, or getting attached to a friend? :3 I'm gonna be doing a prose, and just having your bug scare peoples does not a good, amusing story make. O_O

@Hwang Ok that is the most hilarious challenge ever just because of that ballad. I pride myself on giving out witty challenges, but that just takes the cake.
Thanks! But now I feel like the pressure is on to give out other good challanges. I better start thinking of some.

@Jimera: Hahaha, scary buggy. :3 So it only needs to scare female trainers? No backstory of its' family getting killed, or getting attached to a friend? :3 I'm gonna be doing a prose, and just having your bug scare peoples does not a good, amusing story make. O_O
Come up with your own story for him. Sorry I kind of tired and spent due to being sick and all so I don't feel very creative. I think the very fact that he likes tormenting girls gives you plenty of ammunition to shape a character around anyway, if you think on it a bit. Why is he like that? How will he change? Will he be a pain in the ass? C'mon, I know you can write! You can figure it out.

Anyway, guess I might as well do this now.

Black Scramble Submissions Open!

RULES:
-Black Version, all the way to the Alder battle.
-Hard Difficulty but not insane. Something on the level of my Colosseum Scramble if possible, maybe a tiny bit tougher.
-6 Pokemon total
-I can trade, and in fact am opening up the submissions to ANY non-event Pokemon in the series. I have a complete Pokedex on Pearl and a completed White Version, so I can get my hands on anything you want me to, no problem. I would like at least one Pokemon from before the Striation Gym though. Remember I cannot trade until after the first gym. Also, you can specify WHEN I pick up your Pokemon if it's from another version if you like. All transferred Pokemon start at level 1 with no egg moves or TMs, just "START" moves.
-Creative, good challenges required! If I don't like challenge I will reject it or request edits. However...
-Don't make them overly complicated! Stuff like RSBW's Stupid the Shuckle are off-limits because I'm simply incapable of keeping track of all that stuff reliably. I'll just end up missing details and screwing up repeatedly, so try and keep it simple!
-No killing or catching unique Pokemon! as I intend to RNG them for Wi-Fi at some point. Reshriam is obviously exempted, thanks to the story.
-No tedious restrictions don't make me solo large numbers of wild Pokemon or absurd numbers of trained Pokemon, or grind for levels, or stuff like that. A good limit is around 15, less if the Pokemon in question is rare (dragon types for example).
-Must be able to evolve fully except for things like Scyther that aren't shit. I'll save the NFEs for when I do a REALLY hard challange someday.
-No level restrictions! These are just annoying, if you want to ensure I use something give me solos instead. This just means don't make me keep certain Pokemon at certain levels in relation to my other party members or at certain points in the game. Trust me, I won't grind excessively or box Pokemon I don't like. My OCD won't allow it :P
-No killing ANY of my Pokemon! This is not a Scramblocke.
-Try to avoid Pokemon I've used in previous Scrambles I have a compendium so checking isn't that hard to do. Also, try not to give me Darumaka, Timburr, Blitzle, Pidove, Panpour, Roggenrolla, Snivy, Munna or Sandile, as I have already used these in White, unless you have something really genius in mind.
-Reservations last an hour. If you can't post it immediately, don't reserve. Really, they're more placeholders than anything, and I expect you to use them accordingly.
-Don't submit if you aren't going to read! This is just out of consideration to my fans. Every time I make a new scramble people rush to get their Pokemon in, and if you're not even going to follow it, then it isn't really fair to those who want to submit because they want to read about the Pokemon they submitted.
-Don't restrict me to just a few moves! I want to be able to mix and match my moveset. It's alright to limit me a bit, but don't leave me with only one viable set or something. Make sure that I can actually do more than one with with the moves available to my Pokemon.
-Specify when I can get it! Because I can trade over any egg I want after the first badge, I want you to tell me at which point I'm allowed to get a hold of the Pokemon you gave me. Specify if it must be caught or not!

Pokemon so far:

1. King Serperior's Random the Munxlax Devious, just the way I wanted it!
2. StallMandibuzz's Damaged the Riolu Perfect!
3. luigiowns' Healfodder the Karablast Sweet, this'll be a fun one.
4. Hwang's Acrophobia the Ducklett I know how to make it hard... I'll set my battle style to Set.
5. Endquote's Felix the Purrloin Well it looks like I'll have a lot of luck based challenges this run. I like it!
6. Dudemaniscool's Macho the Carvanha Apparently more people read my stuff than I thought! Thanks for the Pokemon!

Ohhh, I'm definitely reserving for you, Jimera. ^_^ I think I got a really good one for ya. Also, great updates on the Colosseum Scramble! :3 Liked your Blue Scramble way back when too. :p

Jimera, Take Healfodder the Karrablast, as early as you want him.
My obligatory long backstory is in the first spoiler tags, the restrictions in the second.
God I must stop making these overly long stories, they are a pain to write and a pain to read.
Karrablast's Toil:
Take a Karrablast. This Karrablast has been a hermit ever since he got back from his adventures with Waterwarrior, due to everyone who met him only remembered him as Healfodder. Out of pity, you catch him, but your trek through the game proves he still can't use physical moves. He still tries to help you though, retaking his old habit of switching in to die whenever anyone needs healing This all changes, however, when he is submitted to the electrical field of Chargestone cave. As soon as he enters the cave, a strange power knocks him out until the end of the cave. When he comes to, he starts babbling about having a vision. Long story short, he is a descendent of a long line of thieves, and his lack of physical power is due to him not withholding his families ways. He also mentions that due to a cut, he hears the beginning and end of a prophecy, mentioning him stealing a shell, and power greater than Arceus. Basically, due to him not knowing thief, a weird thing considering he comes from a line of thieves, you have to fake this by using an item on him that a trainer has used against you in battle. Every time you do this, you gain access to 20BP worth of physical moves, meaning after 2 "Steals", you get to use 40BP physical moves, 3 gets you 60BP and so on. Finally, when you hit 100BP he learns that the shell of a Shelmet grants its owner unlimited power. Of course, he believes that this is the shell the prophecy speaks of, so of course, you can evolve him after fighting a Shelmet. One issue though. After he evolves, he learns the true nature of the prophecy. The Shelmet he stole from is the decendent of the Mighty Warlock Accelgor, who cursed the Escavalier line due to conflicts between their families. Now, every time a Pokemon faints, he loses the ability to use physical moves for the rest of that battle unless he faints also to protect another team mate. This restriction carries until the end of the game, as you cannot take off Shelmet's shell.

Restrictions for Quoting (AKA, teal;deerling)
Take a Karrablast named Healfodder
He cannot use Physical moves until the later restrictions resolve
Optional Hard mode: "He must be switched in if you need to heal another pokemon."
He cannot be used in Chargestone Cave
After Chargestone Cave, whenever an opponent uses an item in battle against any of your pokemon, after said battle use that item on healfodder and add 20BP onto the max BP of physical moves you can use. up to a maximum of 100, where you can use all physical moves (so you can use megahorn, for example, if you breed it onto him)
To evolve, Solo a Shelmet after your max BP hits 100.
After he evolves, after an opponents pokemon faints in battle, he loses the ability to use Physical moves for the rest of the battle. unless during that battle he faints while healing another member of your team. (So after you revive him, he can use Physical moves for the rest of the battle.)
"Optional hard mode: Whenever anyone but him faints"

Sorry for the walls of text, when I start making a back story I cannot stop, at all.
Have fun with re-revised Healfodder!

Jimera0, take Health the Maractus. Health obviously loves HP. So he can only use moves that restore his HP. Synthesis, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, and Ingrain. He also wants to prevent himself from losing any HP, so he can learn moves that boost his Defense/SpDef aswell. He also must solo Clay.
Summary:
-Maractus named Health.
-Can only learn moves that restore HP.
-May learn moves that bolster his Defenses.
-Must solo Clay.
Have fun with whatever Pokemon you choose!

Ohhh, I'm definitely reserving for you, Jimera. ^_^ I think I got a really good one for ya. Also, great updates on the Colosseum Scramble! :3 Liked your Blue Scramble way back when too. :p
I personally consider my Blue Scramble to be my strongest work, though it didn't hurt that it gave me a lot of material to work with. Colosseum was kind of tough since I couldn't easily show people what I was seeing in the game as pictures of the game where you want to show it are DAMN hard to find. Making fun of the terrible story was fun though. I honestly think I fell back into my Sapphire issue a bit with it though, focusing more on what I did and less on humor. Part of this is because it was hard and a lot of the time I was too frustrated to be funny beyond angrish, and some of it was because I kind of wrote it as sort of a walkthrough as well, seeing as it's one of those games not everyone here has played, unlike the main series games. I'm glad you enjoyed it any case, and if you liked these I highly recommend you go back and read the other two full prose Scrambles I did, starting with Leaf Green. I'm not bragging when I say I'm the one who kicked off the whole prose style update craze, and you'll probably enjoy seeing where it started off.

And of course, I can't wait to see your Pokemon! Just a note to everyone that I'd like to see Pokemon from a variety of generations, rather than just a couple. It'll be really cool going through the game with Pokemon from every area and time period of the series!

EDIT: @ Hwang
Aw crap, I knew I was forgetting something in my rules. I don't want overly restricted movesets; I want to be able to get creative with how I use my Pokemon as well as having the challenges themselves be creative. You can have a reservation to try again with something that has a bit more of a movepool for me to experiment with.

Okay Jimera take Acrophobia (Meaning: fear of heights) the Ducklett. This thing doesn't know that it has dual-Flying typing.
It may not use any Flying attacks.
Since it doesn't know it is part flying type it must not switch out of a battle with Rock Pokemon, Electric Pokemon, or Ice Pokemon.
He is deathly afraid of Flying Pokemon, so he must switch out against any Flying-Types.
He decides to conquer is fear of heights by soloing Skyla.
After its solo, it begins to admire Flying-type's grace, so he must learn Tailwind.
After his solo, he does not have to switch out of Flying-Types.
Make your play style Set.

Ducklett can be found on Driftveil Drawbridge. Go up to the little shadows on the bridge. They can reveal Ducklett and some items.
Have fun!

Jimera, you get Damaged the Riolu. Now, this particular Riolu was transported from the Sinnoh region all the way over to the Unova region in its' egg, secured in a safe crate. But the plane it was in hit some turbulence, and the egg was damaged when the crates flew every which way. Now, when you receive the egg and it hatches, Damaged shows that s/he was seriously injured during his/her time in its' egg. First off, s/he is quite clumsy, so s/he can no longer hold any type of items. Second off, the damage s/he received made his/her temperament quite hostile, so s/he doesn't get along with other Pokémon. S/he can't participate in a double or triple battle unless s/he absolutely has to, or s/he'll attack the partner Pokémon until they faint. And lastly, s/he wants to prove that s/he's the best Fighting type around, so s/he must attempt to defeat any and all trainer-owned Fighting types. S/he believes the best offense is kicking the crap out of everything, but s/he somewhat understands about Status moves, so s/he begrudgingly learns one Status move, and keeps it forever. In order to evolve, s/he must defeat Lenora, and after evolution, s/he must solo Marshal the first time around. In addition, because of his/her extensive damage, s/he can only use moves that are 60BP or less, and every time it comes out, you must flip a coin twice because it easily forgets his/her moves due to its' brain damage.

HH = Can't use move one
HT = Can't use move two
TH = Can't use move three
TT = Can't use move four

Have fun. O_O

EDIT: I still need Pokémon for my Black Scramblocke! And I will not take any more damn IQ challanges or anything with a lot of math in it. -_- I'm good at math and all, but it's kinda hard to keep track of all the freaking numbers. ._.

@Luigi: Hahah, I'm the same way, read some of my Scramblemons that I give people, I got backstory stuffs too. Read the Vengeance the Yamask that I gave Endquote. :p

@Stall Sounds good, but maybe a little too easy. I mean a Lucario that can't hold items is or participate in double/tripple battles is still a motherfudging Lucario. One status move isn't much of a restriction either, as that just gives him a boosting move of my choice. Soloing fighting types might be a little hard, but I still think he needs just a liiiitle bit more difficulty. Not much, just a touch. I do want a challenge here.

@Luigiowns that's awesome, exactly what I'm looking for. I love the backstory with Healfodder, seeing as I read Waterwarrior's update all the way through (actually I read EVERYONE's updates all the way through but he was one of the first and I remember Healfodder accutely). I have a few questions though.
Does that mean I can never heal a Pokemon in battle unless I switch him in?
For faking stealing, does the item in question have to used against him, or just any of my teammates?
Does it have to be used in that same battle, or can it be used after the battle? Does he loose physical attacks only when his allies faint, or when the opponent faints?
Just looking for some clarification, might have more questions later.

@KS lolololololol yes I've been wanting a Random Challange for some time so I reserved right away. The idea of having a Metronome challenge also got me thinking about allowing Pokemon from other games as well, since Metronome isn't learnable by anything in BW prior to the Elite 4.

EDIT: What the hell happened to Endquote's post? he had a reservation but now the post is just gone.

Anyway, don't forget about StallMandibuzz's Black Scramblocke people! Sorry I kind of stole your thunder, I should've waited until you had yours seeing as how it's such an event when I start a new scramble...

@Jimera: Heh, alright, how about because of Damage's extensive problems, s/he can't use BP over 60, and every time it comes out, you must flip a coin twice because s/he easily forgets his/her moves due to its' brain damage. It shouldn't be too hard, right? :3

HH = Can't use move one
HT = Can't use move two
TT = Can't use move four

*NULL POST DUE TO COPY-PASTING ON OP FOR DAMAGE THE RIOLU*

I forget who made Tetrinity's Rampardos challange, but I got basis off that. So, since Damaged is so damaged, s/he easily forgets his/her moves, along with being quite crippled power-wise.

And it's no problem. :p

EDIT: I too wonder what the hell happened to EndQuote's post. Before I posted Damage, it was up, and when I posted, it was gone. :|

@Jimera: Heh, alright, how about because of his/her extensive damage, s/he can't use BP over 60, and every time it comes out, you must flip a coin twice because it easily forgets his/her moves due to its' brain damage. It shouldn't be too hard, right? :3

HH = Can't use move one
HT = Can't use move two
TT = Can't use move four

I forget who made Tetrinity's Rampardos challange, but I got basis off that. So, since Damaged is so damaged, s/he easily forgets his/her moves, along with being quite crippled power-wise.

And it's no problem. :p
Ahaha ok now that's nice and hard! Suddenly maybe too hard... it is weak to Fighting you know? Maybe raise/remove the BP limit and then we're good.

Also, if you could edit it into your original post that'd be great, so it's all in one place for me to quote.

@Jimera: Hahahaha, what happened to wanting a challange! >:D Actually, know what? Gonna remove the BP restriction completely, but you still need to flip the coin every time Damaged comes out. I realized the BP restriction indeed makes it much more difficult to deal with Fighting types in general, let alone Marshal. Hmmmm... Want it harder still? :3

@Luigiowns that's awesome, exactly what I'm looking for. I love the backstory with Healfodder, seeing as I read Waterwarrior's update all the way through (actually I read EVERYONE's updates all the way through but he was one of the first and I remember Healfodder accutely). I have a few questions though.
Depends on how hard you want it. If you don't want to, you don't need to, but remember, He was always used to heal the others.
For faking stealing, does the item in question have to used against him, or just any of my teammates?
The item the foe uses can be used against any of your team. Just make it out to be he escapes his pokeball mid battle and "borrows" another one. The "stolen" item, however, must be used on him, whenever you get the chance.
Does it have to be used in that same battle, or can it be used after the battle? Does he loose physical attacks only when his allies faint, or when the opponent faints?
I'm guessing you are talking about the Escavalier Restriction. He loses Physical attacks for that battle only, if a foe faints. Why would a Warlock curse your entire team if he only has issues with the one member? however, as with before, if you want to make it harder/easier, apply the restriction whenever anything faints that battle, because remember, reviving counts as healing (loophole abuse :))
I have edited my original post to incorporate this.
Edit: Ohgod. in my editing I realised I forgot to add the no physical moves restriction meaning healfodder wasn't healfodder.
Added that in too.

I deleted my post because I didn't have time to make a good challenge.
Now I do.
Reserving for Jimera0.

EDIT: Jimera0, catch a Purrloin and name it Felix if male or Felicity if female.
This Purrloin, at an early age, found that battling is difficult without help.
She found herself relying more and more on her allies, even in the middle of battle...

From 0-2 gym badges, she can use only Assist.

Determined to break the habit of perpetually depending on those around her, she decided to halve the amount of help she required.

From 2-5 gym badges, when she has an even number of health left, she must use Assist.
However, when she has an odd number of health left, she breaks the habit and cannot use Assist.

After slowly regaining her ability to battle by herself, she only turns to her allies in a pinch.

From 5-8 gym badges, when her health is in the red, she can only use Assist.

To show her newfound independance, have her solo Shauntal or Caitlin in the Elite Four.

After this solo, she flaunts in her self-sufficiency, so she can never use Assist again, nor be healed by healing items.
She must solo one of Alder's pokémon, to prove herself against the champion.

Good luck, Jimera! I tried to make a poke that would change throughout your scramble, so it will never get stale.
I look forward to seeing your updates. :)

@Jimera: Hahahaha, what happened to wanting a challange! >:D Alright, raise the BP to 80 then. :p
Actually looking at his movepool, I feel I'm taking the easy way out after all here. He actually has a fair number of moves he can use that are 60BP or below and he learns Sword Dance by level up so... yeah I'll give it a shot. I'll be punching myself later though. Oh, and that means you're going to have to edit your post again sorry >.<

lugiowns said:
Originally Posted by Fat Jimera0
Depends on how hard you want it. If you don't want to, you don't need to, but remember, He was always used to heal the others.
The item the foe uses can be used against any of your team. Just make it out to be he escapes his pokeball mid battle and "borrows" another one. The "stolen" item, however, must be used on him, whenever you get the chance.
I'm guessing you are talking about the Escavalier Restriction. He loses Physical attacks for that battle only, if a foe faints. Why would a Warlock curse your entire team if he only has issues with the one member? however, as with before, if you want to make it harder/easier, apply the restriction whenever anything faints that battle, because remember, reviving counts as healing (loophole abuse :))
Alright, sounds good then. That'll be interesting incentive to keep a special move on him despite his terrible special attack. Actually his special movepool isn't terrible, so this might be interesting indeed. I'll try make sure to use him as healfodder sometimes, but maybe all the time is a bit much :P.
Oh, one more thing. Do you want me to catch him naturally in the area before Chargestone Cave, or can I add him to my game as an egg? If so, when? Remember this scramble is a little out of the ordinary :P

Okay Jimera, I finished, I was a bit rushed on time so it might be a bit easy. I can make it harder though.
Anyway, looking forward to reading your updates! I'm still trying to catch up other people's updates as well as the Colosseum Scramble.

Just wondering, what does "I'll set my battle style to Set" mean, I feel like I'm missing something.

@Hwang:
I have just one request; make it so I don't HAVE to use Tailwind every time it comes out. I hate those kinds of restrictions, and it'll be especially bad with the whole can't switch out of electric types thing. I'm fine with being required to have that one move on my moveset, but I really don't want to use it at the start of each battle.

@StallMandibuzz
perfect, that'll force me to get creative with him. I was worried when you first gave him that he was going to end up like Mario from the Colosseum challenge, being 80x better than anything else. This will make him fit in much better!

@Endquote
Ah that explains it, thanks for that. I can't wait to get a challenge from you, I've always admired your challenge giving prowess!

Just wondering, what does "I'll set my battle style to Set" mean, I feel like I'm missing something.
The options are Set or Switch.
In set, after KOing a trainer's pokemon, the next pokemon is immediately sent out.
In switch, you are informed of the upcoming 'mon, and given the option of switching.

Actually looking at his movepool, I feel I'm taking the easy way out after all here. He actually has a fair number of moves he can use that are 60BP or below and he learns Sword Dance by level up so... yeah I'll give it a shot. I'll be punching myself later though. Oh, and that means you're going to have to edit your post again sorry >.<

Alright, sounds good then. That'll be interesting incentive to keep a special move on him despite his terrible special attack. Actually his special movepool isn't terrible, so this might be interesting indeed. I'll try make sure to use him as healfodder sometimes, but maybe all the time is a bit much :P.
Oh, one more thing. Do you want me to catch him naturally in the area before Chargestone Cave, or can I add him to my game as an egg? If so, when? Remember this scramble is a little out of the ordinary :P
You can obtain him whenever, but the latest is route 6. I mentioned megahorn in his restrictions for a reason you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)