Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
EndQuote, take a Swords Dance Tentacruel. It may not learn special or team support moves, before you think of using the typical Tenta with SD tacked on.

Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Whatever ability you want
Adamant / Jolly
Pick an EV spread you like
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Return / Knock Off

@EndQuote: You get Gambler the Machamp (or Eviolite Machoke if you prefer). It must have Dynamicpunch and Metronome, the latter of which must be used immediately the moment it first gets sent out. The rest is up to you.

Or, if you want something more OU, take Assassin the Metagross. It likes to be agile and stab things, so it must have Agility and three STAB moves.

Sorry QWAZ, but I really want to get started, so that reservation is only going to last another hour. After that, anybody can contribute.
EDIT: Right, that two-hour reservation has expired. Anybody else got a poke?

You said two mons, right Endquote?

Take Suicidal the Staraptor.

This SubRoosting birdy is Reckless and Brave birding everything in sight. It likes to get up close and personal in its combat techniques.

-Substitute
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat

Take them out!!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
(Wants a HeartGold Scramble as opposed to a Black Scramble)
Well, fairly hasty in changing the game you wish to scramble, very well then.

You get Hasty the Cyndaquil.

Hasty is very hasty, & is very fast, refusing to slow down. As a result, the Cyndaquil you get must be of the Hasty Nature. Yeah, you will have to Soft Reset a few times, but that is beside the point. Hasty is very hasty in its decisions, and will, basically, hastily make a move & think it is the best move, meaning Hasty is effectively "choiced", & the first move Hasty uses when it is sent into the battle is the only move it may use until it leaves the field. If that move runs out of PP, you must select another move to spam, & so on. To reinforce this, the only item it may hold at any point in time is a Choice Scarf (Which is a good thing considering the restrictions, mind...Unless the spammed move runs out of PP...).
Though, the bad news is because it is so hasty, before you can withdraw it/use an item/try to run, Hasty has already attacked...That means you cannot switch Hasty out/Use an item/Run away from the battle while Hasty is on the field. Just for a challenge, it must solo at least 2 Gym Leaders.

In brief:
-Hasty the Cyndaquil
-Hasty Nature
-Only Hold Item it can hold is Choice Scarf
-While Hasty is on the field, the one & only thing you are allowed to do is select a move & spam it. If it runs out of PP, select another move (Or struggle to death with a Choice Scarf on)
-Solo at least 2 Gym Leaders with it

Have fun. Also ofc, I'm considering merging #scramble with #orangeislands. Surely that is a good idea, is it not, folks?

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UPDATE!

Huzzah! I have FINALLY completed half of my Crystal challange! The E4 has fallen!

So here's a quick update. I have fulfilled all of the requirements, unless otherwise noted:

It's BiGGiE!

Take a Sudowoodo, name it whatever you please. Sudowoodo can only learn Level-Up moves & must solo 20 non-rematched trainers. Nice, Simple, Easy challenge for you.

Have fun.
Random (F) @ Hard Stone
Level 43
Rock Slide, Faint Attack, Flail, Low Kick

Thank you, Random.

BIGGIE!!!

Anyway, after I welcome you back, I'll give you your mon.

WELCOME BACK TO THE SCRAMBLE CHALLENGE!!!!!

Ok, here we go:

Take TopPercent the Rattata.

This Rattata must be the fastest (Quick Attack), Strongest (Strength), Smartest (TM move), and most awesome (Select one move of your choice) Rattata in the world!!!

How to become awesome? Well, I'll tell you:

Step 1: solo all the trainers in a gym minus the Leader.
Step 2: Solo the Gym Leader of a different Gym.
Step 3: Evolve after Soloing your rival once.
Step 4: Defeat a fully evolved Fighting-Type with no more than 2 items used.
Step 5: Solo an E4 Pokemon.

These steps do not have to be done in that exact order.
Have fun and good luck!!
TopPercent (M) @ Escape Rope (Lol)
Level 43
Quick Attack, Icy Wind, Dig, Strength

Thank you, King Serperior.

@BiGGiE hey there, been a while since we saw you around.

So anyway, here's a challenge for you. Take a Natu and name it Mirror. It thinks that it has Magic Bounce. Of course this is generation II so it doesn't. Hell, it doesn't have an ability period. Anyway, due to its delusions it refuses to use anything except Night Shade until a move is used against it that would activate Magic Bounce in generation V. At that point Mirror becomes temporarily lucid as it realizes the truth, and you can use whatever moves you want, though only under the effects of Torment because it's pretty tormented by the truth. To protect itself from the truth it goes back to its original deluded state at the end of every battle. You can cure its delusions by soloing Will of the Elite 4 or 5 trainer owned Xatu (not even sure if there ARE 5 trainer owned Xatu in the game but whatever). After this it realizes that nothing has Magic Bounce so it comes to it senses and the night shade restriction is removed. However, it remains tormented by the truth forever.

enjoy!
Mirror (M) @ Bitter Berry
Level 48
Peck, Future Sight, Night Shade, Fly

Thank you, Jimera.

@Biggie you get Inferno the Cyndaquil he just loves to burn so to evolve he must burn 5 trainer Pokemon once as a Cyndaquil and once as a Quilava he also hates how whitney refuses to give the badge at first so for retribution solo her miltank after burning it

And by the way My signature challenge is going to be my fickle challenge
Inferno (M) @ Amulet Coin
Level 51
Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, Earthquake, Thunderpunch

Thank you, Wobbanaut.

@BIGGIE Take Puddles the Hoppip. Puddles loves to splash about in the rain. Puddles must always keep Splash as a move and can only use this move when rain is falling, nothing else. Also Puddles may never switch out during the period of rain. Puddles must learn and keep one powder (Poison or Sleep) and one spore (Stun or Cotton) for it has a tendency of spreading such things around. Upon evolving into a Jumpluff, Puddles feels that splashing about in the rain is childish therefore, you can replace the move with something better. Have Puddles solo Chuck's Poliwrath to show how mature it's become.

Sum it up:
Must keep Splash.
During rain, splash is the only move you are permitted to use and you can't switch out during rain.
Must learn and keep one powder and spore (Poison, Sleep, Stun, Cotton).
Can get rid of Splash after evolving twice.
Must solo Chuck's Poliwrath, not his entire team.

Hope this is good enough for you, enjoy. :)
Puddles (F) @ Miracle Seed
Level 41
Headbutt, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed

Thank you, Chinchillers.

@BiGGiE: Take Jealousy the Pinsir! This Pinsir was always tired of being made fun of by Scythers, so once you catch it, it must solo any and all Scythers that you encounter. It must prove itself, so solo five different GL Pokemon and at least two E4 Pokemon. Enjoy!
Jealousy (M) @ Pink Bow
Level 42

Vicegrip
Guillotine
Submission
Seismic Toss

Thank you, Oh My Biscuits.

All in all, Inferno is far and away the MVP of the team. The type coverage is sorely needed on this team of lovable misfits. Victory Road was not kind to a majority of my team, so I will be looking to up those levels rather quickly as I start my journey into Kanto!

Look forward to another update from me in about 150~ pages. :toast:

heh Biggie, you need to tell me how that Will solo went, I'm really curious. Or, alternatively, you were actually able to find 5 trainer owned Xatu :P.

Anyway, my own update should be coming not too long. Probably not going to do the crazy video update idea I had for the Let's Play competition so I'll have more time for this. Still, I do need to do that first, but I have lots of time this week so it shouldn't be an issue.

biggie

champ
Congradulations BiGGiE!!

I hoped that the little rat would help :D
heh Biggie, you need to tell me how that Will solo went, I'm really curious. Or, alternatively, you were actually able to find 5 trainer owned Xatu :P.

Anyway, my own update should be coming not too long. Probably not going to do the crazy video update idea I had for the Let's Play competition so I'll have more time for this. Still, I do need to do that first, but I have lots of time this week so it shouldn't be an issue.
@King_Serperior: He actually really held his own in the E4! Icy Wind was the ace in my sleeve that I needed against Lance. His Dragonites stood no chance D:<

@Jimera: I grinded Xatu to 46 to start. Then I loaded up on Proteins to power up the Fly attack. I used Night Shade until the enemy Xatu used Confuse Ray and then I pulled my ultimate weapon... A BITTER BERRY!

With the Bitter Berry curing me of confusion, I was able to wreck stuff alternating between Peck (Lol) and Fly. Used Night Shade alternating with Fly for Slowbro though. Stupid bulky bastard. Finally, I had a lot of Hyper Potions :)

Edit:
Grats Biggie I'm gonna bet the Miltank solo was hell incarnate I'm glad one of my mons was MVP
Inferno is the boss
It actually wasn't as hard as you'd think, surprisingly. I got lucky with an early burn, so Miltank couldn't do much damage to me. And then for some reason, she didn't want to drink her milk that much. I got lucky :)

My brother would like to start a Leafgreen Scramble!!

This will be Lower Medium to upper Easy, so I had better not see a "Solo Blaine with an Oddish to evolve" or some crap like that.

He would prefer to use a Starter, but he doesn't have to. He should have a full team by Blaine and at least 4 pokrmon by Erica.

Ok, my friends, lets get this show on the road!!!

P.S.

I know that I have had 0 updates on my prose scramble, but I will be getting back to it later. I heve been pretty busy recentally and I am doing a Nuzelocke of HG, so it'll be some more time. Sorry D:

Grabbing KS' brother a Geodude. Will edit in a bit.

EDIT: fine, he can have a Voltorb. Editing now.

Your Voltorb, kind of like Watson's, just seems to like to blow itself up without cause. So it must learn Selfdestruct ASAP and never forget it except to learn Explosion. However, when it blows itself up is pretty much completely random, although sometimes it is predictable....

Every time it enters battle, roll a normal die (no cheating with a 20 sided die like one of my friends did). If the number is 6, then have it use Selfdestruct/Explosion immediately. If it is less then 6, then add 1 to the number you got each turn, and when you reach 6, you must use Selfdestruct/Explosion.

If it goes into red HP, use Selfdestruct/Explosion.

If it is affected by a critical hit, use Selfdestruct/Explosion.

This may seem absurd, but keep in mind that some of these are easily predictable and you have no other restrictions.

Have fun!

biggie

champ
I had this whole thing typed out, then lost it all. FUCK.

Anyways, you get Frenzy the Mankey. Frenzy is about as angry as a Mankey can be. Therefore, whenever he is hit by an opponent, he must solo that pokemon as well as any pokemon who are on the same team as the offending pokemon. Frenzy is also mad at silly Psychic types who attempt to control his mind so he must solo 20 Psychic types in order to evolve. Finally, to prove his might as the greatest fighting-type in the land, he must solo Bruno in the E4.

Enjoy.

My brother would like to start a Leafgreen Scramble!!

This will be Lower Medium to upper Easy, so I had better not see a "Solo Blaine with an Oddish to evolve" or some crap like that.

He would prefer to use a Starter, but he doesn't have to. He should have a full team by Blaine and at least 4 pokrmon by Erica.

Ok, my friends, lets get this show on the road!!!

P.S.

I know that I have had 0 updates on my prose scramble, but I will be getting back to it later. I heve been pretty busy recentally and I am doing a Nuzelocke of HG, so it'll be some more time. Sorry D:
I've got the starter.

E: Take a Bulbasaur as your starter. It cannot be used in gyms where it has a type advantage. Pick one of its STABs, it can never learn moves of that type.

King Serperior, I give your brother Pikachu the Septaphiliac. It believes that 7 is its lucky number, so its favorite numbers have at least one of the following criteria:
  • After as many even divisions by 2 as possible, has a remainder of 7 upon further division by 8 (e.g. 15);
  • Has a remainder of 7 upon division by 9 (e.g. 25, its Pokédex number);
  • Is a multiple of 7 (e.g. 35);
  • Contains a 7 (e.g. 75).
It may only use moves with at least one of the following equal to one of its favorite numbers:
  • Base power;
  • Base pp (by this I mean no pp ups applied);
  • Base accuracy (treat --% as 100, which satisfies none of the criteria).
It may not evolve unless its level is equal to one of its favorite numbers, and it may not accept an item in battle unless its quantity is one of its favorite numbers. Also, it must solo your seventh gym leader (which should be Blaine if you do the gyms in the intended order).

Reserving for your KS's brother. Will edit in ASAP.

Take Variable the Eevee. Variable must never battle 2 Pokemon of the same type in a row (Example: Nidoking and Rhydon). Whenever Variable can learn a new move by level-up, it must learn said move. It also is permanently under the effect of Torment.
What it evolves into depends on its Nature; if +Def or Neutral, Vaporeon. If +SAtk or +Spd, Jolteon. If +Atk or +SDef, Flareon. Finally, Variable can only evolve on a level where it learns a new move.
Enjoy!

King Serperior, I give your brother Pikachu the Septaphiliac. It believes that 7 is its lucky number, so its favorite numbers have at least one of the following criteria:
  • After as many even divisions by 2 as possible, has a remainder of 7 upon further division by 8 (e.g. 15);
  • Has a remainder of 7 upon division by 9 (e.g. 25, its Pokédex number);
  • Is a multiple of 7 (e.g. 35);
  • Contains a 7 (e.g. 75).
It may only use moves with at least one of the following equal to one of its favorite numbers:
  • Base power;
  • Base pp (by this I mean no pp ups applied);
  • Base accuracy (treat --% as 100, which satisfies none of the criteria).
It may not evolve unless its level is equal to one of its favorite numbers, and it may not accept an item in battle unless its quantity is one of its favorite numbers. Also, it must solo your seventh gym leader (which should be Blaine if you do the gyms in the intended order).
Okay, to facilitate the mathematical complication involved in this challenge, I will provide these spoiler tags, one of which contains the levels between 1 and 100 at which Septaphiliac (which won't even fit due to the ten character limit) can evolve and the other of which contains the moves that it is allowed to use.
7, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 34, 35, 37, 39, 42, 43, 46, 47, 49, 52, 55, 56, 57, 60, 61, 62, 63, 67, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 84, 87, 88, 91, 92, 94, 95, 97, 98

Thundershock, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Double Team, Slam, Thunderbolt, Agility, Thunder, Light Screen, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Dig, Brick Break, Shock Wave, Façade, Secret Power, Attract, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash, Mega Kick, Double-edge

Whether you view these or not is up to you; I'm just saying, I had quite a time with those criteria, especially the first one.

Right, King, give your brother Tremor the Diglett.
This Diglett has only one restriction, for the sake of simplicity.
If he currently has an odd number of health remaining, he can only use Ground-type moves.
If he currently has an even number of health remaining, he cannot use Ground-type moves.

He must solo Lt. Surge to evolve. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)