Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Skyshayde, you want starter? You got one. Shelly the Oshawott. No special attacks apart from Water Gun, Water Pulse, and Surf (which must be learned one over the other). Must always know Razor Shell ASAP and solo Cheren (to evolve into Dewott) and a later gym leader not named Elesa (to evolve into Samurott). (Unless you want hard, in which case the later gym leader MUST be Elesa.)

I too am Scrambling Black 2 or White 2, with my friend Scrambling the other version 2. I am giving my friend this same Shelly, and one slot for each team will be reserved for Skyshayde. Teams are as follows:
  • Starter slot reserved by friend
  • Slot reserved by Skyshayde
  • Cole the male Mareep by shinyskarmory
  • Free slot
  • Free slot
  • Free slot
  • Shelly the Oshawott, no special attacks other than Water Gun/Water Pulse/Surf, solo Cheren to evolve, later gym leader to evolve again (me)
  • Slot reserved by Skyshayde
  • Cole the male Mareep by shinyskarmory
  • Free slot
  • Free slot
  • Free slot

Its_A_Random, take Man-o-War the Tentacool. Man-o-War loves to fight, and wishes to perfect the art of war. To do this (and to evolve), his moveset must be comprised entirely of attacking moves, each of a different type. He must also solo Koichi of the Fighting Dojo. After he evolves, he realizes that there's more to combat than just steamrolling over your enemies, so he decides to solo Sabrina, to master psychological warfare. As a result, he must learn (and never forget) a Stat altering move ASAP. Man-o-War desires to prove that he is the king of the sea, so solo every trainer in Routes 19, 20, and 21, and solo the Cinnabar Gym while you're at it. Finally, to show to the world how skilled he is in combat, solo an Elite Four member of your choice both times.
Have fun!

EDIT: Since I didn't notice Blaine was already taken change the Cinnabar Gym solo to Rival #6. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Reserving for IAR.

EDIT: Take ASB Troll the Unown Eevee.

In Fire Red, Stored Power does not exist. Too bad for our friend, Eevee the Stored Monster. Still, it must evolve into Espeon and learn Calm Mind. Solo Sabrina, as well as every instance of Giovanni and Rival thereafter, as an Espeon, after getting to 6 Calm Minds. In addition, as an Espeon, it may never attack until it has at least two Calm Minds.

In Fire Red, Eevee cannot evolve into Espeon until the post game. Pikachu/Raichu has the seventh rival encounter anyway (I'm looking at you too, Naix!).

Skyshayde, for your INSANE Black 2 Scramble, take Cole the male Mareep, which has been confirmed to be in Black and White 2.

Cole was just another Mareep until he gained his electrical powers, and then he decided to be a superhero/villain. Unfortunately, his powers grow over time by defeating gyms, and they are affected by whether he is good or evil.

First, his powers. These are effected by the number of gyms he has beaten and his current good/evil status.
These powers may be used once unlocked, regardless of Cole's good/evil status.
These powers may only be used when Cole is good and when they have been unlocked.
These powers may only be used when Cole is evil and when they have been unlocked.
Tackle-Available from start
Growl-Available from start
Thundershock-Available from Start
Thunder Wave-solo 10 wild pokemon before the first gym after you catch Cole
Cotton Spore-use Thundershock to KO 5 Trainer owned pokemon.
Charge-Defeat your Rival for the second time.
Thunderpunch-Available once you evolve into Ampharos.
Electro Ball-Level up 10 times
Cotton Guard-Level up 10 times
Discharge-Win 5 Triple, Double, or Rotation battles where Cole participates.
Signal Beam-Solo any gym leader after the fourth gym.
Light Screen-Switch in to save a teammate 10 times
Power Gem-Solo any gym leader after the fourth gym
Thunder-Reach the Elite Four

Secondly, his Good/Evil standing. This will change over the course of the game, and affects the TMs Cole may learn.

-Cole solos a Team Plasma trainer (1 good point)
-Cole does not participate against a Team Plasma trainer (1 evil point)
-Cole solos a gym trainer (1 evil point)
-Cole does not participate against a gym trainer (1 good point)
-Cole switches in for a teammate in red health (1 good point)
-Cole damages a teammate in a Double/Triple battle (1 evil point EACH)

Evil points and good points cancel each other out.The different levels of Karma, along with the points it takes to reach each one and the TMs they allow Cole to learn, are listed below.

Neutral (0): Hidden Power, Return, Frustration, Rest, Attract, Substitute, Rain Dance, Rock Smash

Guardian(3): Light Screen, Volt Switch, Safeguard
Champion(6): Round, Echoed Voice, Double Team
Hero(12): Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Fire Punch*

*Fire punch may only be taught using a move relearner.

Thug(3): Toxic, Swagger, Strength
Outlaw(6): Brick Break, Charge Beam, Giga Impact
Infamous(12):Hyper Beam, Bulldoze, Wild Charge

You can use TMs from lower Karma levels, so long as they are still good/evil (depending on your current level). Neutral TMs may be learned at any time.

Cole may not evolve into Flaffy until after you complete the third gym, and he may not evolve into Ampharos until after you complete the 6th gym. Additionally, you may not advance to Outlaw or Champion levels until after Cole evolves into Flaffy, and you may not advance to Hero or Infamous levels until Cole evolves into Ampharos. Extra points acquired that would take you over the limit are canceled and are ignored.

Have fun!

It's A Random, I have one coming for you, give me another few minutes.
EDIT: NVM, I don't have any ideas. And I hate solos myself, so I feel bad about just handing them out.

EDIT 2: Pika25, if you have trouble getting challanges together, you can take this for you and your friend.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guys, I said no placeholders/reservations. Sheesh
Random, take Pikachu the Septaphiliac. It believes that 7 is its lucky number, so its favourite numbers have at least one of the following criteria:
  • After as many even divisions by 2 as possible, has a remainder of 7 upon further division by 8 (e.g. 15);
  • Has a remainder of 7 upon division by 9 (e.g. 25, its Pokédex number);
  • Is a multiple of 7 (e.g. 35);
  • Contains a 7 (e.g. 75).

It may only use moves with at least one of the following equal to one of its favourite numbers:
  • Base power;
  • Base pp (by this I mean no pp ups applied);
  • Base accuracy (treat --% as 100, which satisfies none of the criteria).
It may not evolve unless its level is equal to one of its favourite numbers, and it may not accept an item in battle unless its quantity is one of its favourite numbers. Also, it must solo your seventh gym leader (which should be Blaine if you do the gyms in the intended order), your seventh overall boss (Misty), your seventh rival fight, and Lorelei twice.

E: Shortcut, you may nickname it Seven or Septimo if you wish. KS' brother also has this nickname choice.
Accepted.
Its_A_Random, take Man-o-War the Tentacool. Man-o-War loves to fight, and wishes to perfect the art of war. To do this (and to evolve), his moveset must be comprised entirely of attacking moves, each of a different type. He must also solo Koichi of the Fighting Dojo. After he evolves, he realises that there's more to combat than just steamrolling over your enemies, so he decides to solo Sabrina, to master psychological warfare. As a result, he must learn (and never forget) a Stat altering move ASAP. Man-o-War desires to prove that he is the king of the sea, so solo every trainer in Routes 19, 20, and 21, and solo the Cinnabar Gym while you're at it. Finally, to show to the world how skilled he is in combat, solo an Elite Four member of your choice both times.
Have fun!

EDIT: Since I didn't notice Blaine was already taken change the Cinnabar Gym solo to Rival #6. Sorry for any inconveniences.
The vagueness of the restrictions hurt a bit, but surely, Tentacool can solo Bruno Twice. Accepted.
Reserving for IAR.

EDIT: Take ASB Troll the Unown Eevee.

In Fire Red, Stored Power does not exist. Too bad for our friend, Eevee the Stored Monster. Still, it must evolve into Espeon and learn Calm Mind. Solo Sabrina, as well as every instance of Giovanni and Rival thereafter, as an Espeon, after getting to 6 Calm Minds. In addition, as an Espeon, it may never attack until it has at least two Calm Minds.
No, just no. It is impossible to get Espeon until the National Pokedex, plus you intentionally reserved when I specifically said no reservations/placeholders. Rejected.

Three more.

@Its_A_Random

I'll make a concise recap of the restrictions and edit it in this post ASAP, if that's what you mean by "vagueness of the restrictions".

Recap:
Tentacool, named Man-o-War.
Must solo Koichi and know a moveset full of differently typed attacks (Surf/Constrict/Blizzard/Giga Drain, for example.) to evolve.
Solo your Rival in Silph Co. (It doesn't matter whether Man-o-War has evolved or not.)
Must solo Sabrina after evolving.
Teach it a stat-altering move afterwards (it doesn't matter if it raises yours or lowers your opponent's). Man-o-War must never forget it.
Solo an E4 member of your choice both times.
Optional: Solo Routes 19, 20, and 21.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Alright, thanks Skyshade! 51st post time.

(a) Insane Challange for Skyshade:

Take FiftyOne the (any Pokemon you want). This Pokemon is obsessed with the number 51, and hence everything it does must follow accordingly.

-When its moves' statistics are typed out in PP/BP/ACC form, a complete '51' must be formed at one point. (e.g. Vine Whip 15/35/100 is okay, Strength 15/80/100 is not)
-FiftyOne must solo all Pokemon whose levels are 51.
-FiftyOne must also solo all trainer-owned Pokemon of the following species you come across: Dugtrio, Arbok, Seaking, Cascoon, Scolipede, Parasect, Luxray, Rampardos, Drapion. If you can figure out why, this restriction can be removed.
-FiftyOne may also only participate in a maximum of 51 battles throughout the entire game. This includes the above-mentioned soloes. For each Pokemon you go over by, trash 51 items or P51000 worth of items, whichever one comes later.
-Only a maximum of 51 items may be used on FiftyOne; this includes held items.
-Furthermore, FiftyOne may only hold held items for a maximum of 51 battles, even if FiftyOne does not participate in them.
-FiftyOne may only battle on routes whose numbers are a factor or multiple of 51. (i.e. 1, 3, 17, 51, 102, 153, ...) OR the 3rd gym city (because 3 is a factor of 51)
-FiftyOne may only hold held items on routes which are relatively prime to 51; i.e. they share no common factors. (e.g. 7 is fine, 9 is not because both 9 and 51 are divisible by 3)

Good Luck; Have Fun!

(b) Solo Frenzy Challange for Its_A_Random:

Take RivalHater the Bulbasaur.

As its name implies, it hates your rival. Not right from the start, but as it realises that your rival is pretty damn cocky.

It decides to pour all its hate out at your rival, starting from the very first encounter. It wants to slowly sap your rival's power away, and as such must use Leech Seed on every rival Pokemon it battles. You may use items on it once every (#th solo) turns, but any more and it will be unable to suppress its rage and KILL YOU (or at least whack you).

Of course, hating someone is tiring, so it takes a break between encounter 2 and 5. During this period, it may fight one wild Pokemon per route; no more.

It's too busy hating your rival, in fact, to have any energy left to evolve. No evolution. Also, it hates only your rival, and won't fight anyone else (Exp. Shares are okay, it likes wearing cute helmets.)

Level 51: You might want to make Bulba solo Rival #1, since it is impossible to solo Rival #1 with anything else. Simply, you might want to alter the Encounters to solo. Also, it looks a bit too difficult for Medium Diffiulty... :/
Soloes: Rival #1, 2, 5, 8, 9. (It doesn't want to stop Septimo and Man-o-war from hating your rival as well.)
Nah, it's not too hard. I gave you an Exp. Share.

That should do it. Good Luck; Have Fun!

(c) Wuss-level Challange for drakon136:

Take Unknown the Unown.
This Unown, having been stuck in a weird ruin all its life, has so far lived in partial obscurity (to understate it a little). It wants to get out and be known! He would love that. As such, it must solo one Pokemon from every Gym Leader / Elite Four Battle not currently being competely soloed by some other Pokemon.

Good Luck; Have Fun!

-----Conclude 51st post-----

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Level 51: You might want to make Bulba solo Rival #1, since it is impossible to solo Rival #1 with anything else. Simply, you might want to alter the Encounters to solo. Also, it looks a bit too difficult for Medium Diffiulty... :/

IAR, take Snuggles the Oddish
Snuggles can be caught as a Gloom if desired, but there's a catch...
Snuggles loves you and it's teamates, so if more than 3 teammates have fainted, you must go to the pokemon center closest to the route it was caught in,but after the 7th badge, this rule can be surpassed.
Snuggles also hates Biker/Thugs/Roughnecks, so it must solo every Biker, Roughneck, Rocket member, Giovanni the third time, Agatha both times, and either Lance #1 or Rival #4.
Snuggles also thinks evolving to a vile pokemon will turn it evil, so it can never evolve into Vileplume.
If Snuggles is caught as a Gloom, it must solo every trainer on a route where there is a trainer that must be soloed
Snuggles hates using direct damage, so it can only know only two attacking moves under 60 BP
Only Potions can be used on Snuggles, this is the only item it can utilize/be used on it.(TMs/HMs are allowed)

Alright, thanks Skyshade! 51st post time.

(a) Insane Challange for Skyshade:

Take FiftyOne the (any Pokemon you want). This Pokemon is obsessed with the number 51, and hence everything it does must follow accordingly.

-When its moves' statistics are typed out in PP/BP/ACC form, a complete '51' must be formed at one point. (e.g. Vine Whip 15/35/100 is okay, Strength 15/80/100 is not)
-FiftyOne must solo all Pokemon whose levels are 51.
-FiftyOne must also solo all trainer-owned Pokemon of the following species you come across: Dugtrio, Arbok, Seaking, Cascoon, Scolipede, Parasect, Luxray, Rampardos, Drapion. If you can figure out why, this restriction can be removed.
-FiftyOne may also only participate in a maximum of 51 battles throughout the entire game. This includes the above-mentioned soloes.
-Only a maximum of 51 items may be used on FiftyOne; this includes held items.
-Furthermore, FiftyOne may only hold held items for a maximum of 51 battles, even if FiftyOne does not participate in them.
-FiftyOne may only battle on routes whose numbers are a factor or multiple of 51. (i.e. 1, 3, 17, 51, 102, 153, ...)
-FiftyOne may only hold held items on routes which are relatively prime to 51; i.e. they share no common factors. (e.g. 7 is fine, 9 is not because both 9 and 51 are divisible by 3)

Good Luck; Have Fun!

-----Conclude 51st post-----
First, what about gym leaders & E4, can I battle there?
Second, what if I go over 51 battles, but run into a pokemon I need to solo?
Third, that 51 battle's restriction mean's it's max level will be around 20~. I go throught 4x that every time I go grinding ;p

D-Dan, what do you mean by potions? Any kind of potion?

Skyshayde, three things. One, I can change around the "51 battles" so that every time you go over the limit, trash either 51 items or a set of items that cost P5100, whichever is cheaper. Are you fine with this amendment?

Two, for that particular list of Pokémon, they have either National or regional Pokédex numbers equal to 51 (for example, Dugtrio's National Pokédex number is 51), or in the case of the last four, anything else to do with 51 that I'm not aware of; this'll help you in the "only battle on routes whose numbers either divide or are multiples of 51" ordeal, in case another route has a trainer who owns one of said Pokémon (or anyone at Level 51 for that matter) which would otherwise lead to a conflict.

And three, I have reserved for you slots in both Black 2 and White 2 Scramble teams that one of which is mine, the other my friend's; can be anyone but the starter on both teams, my friend provides me my starter (better be Tepig!) while I provide him Shelly the Oshawott.

D-Dan, what do you mean by potions? Any kind of potion?

Skyshayde, three things. One, I can change around the "51 battles" so that every time you go over the limit, trash either 51 items or a set of items that cost P5100, whichever is cheaper. Are you fine with this amendment?

Two, for that particular list of Pokémon, they have either National or regional Pokédex numbers equal to 51 (for example, Dugtrio's National Pokédex number is 51), or in the case of the last four, anything else to do with 51 that I'm not aware of; this'll help you in the "only battle on routes whose numbers either divide or are multiples of 51" ordeal, in case another route has a trainer who owns one of said Pokémon (or anyone at Level 51 for that matter) which would otherwise lead to a conflict.

And three, I have reserved for you slots in both Black 2 and White 2 Scramble teams that one of which is mine, the other my friend's; can be anyone but the starter on both teams, my friend provides me my starter (better be Tepig!) while I provide him Shelly the Oshawott.

First, I like that amendment, but isn't that Level 51's challenge?

And i'll get you some challenges in a bit

Edit:

What difficulty?

I don't care that much about difficulty as long as it's not too hard for me to handle. On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is most difficult, don't give me anything higher than a 6.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
@Skyshade:
(a) <<AMENDMENT>> Fine. You can fight whatever you want on:
- Routes whose numbers are multiples/factors of 51
- City holding gym #3.

(b) You may want to find out which mons are level 51 beforehand, as they are included in the 51. sorry.
<<EDIT 2>> As Pika said, if you go over, for each mon you go over by, trash 51 items or P51000 of items, whichever one comes later.

(c) It was meant to be that way, with shades of Treadshot's Valziente. Just saying. sorry.

Shinyskarmory is accepted.

Piemonade, you want starter? Porky the Tepig cannot use STAB or any attacks above 50 base power, and cannot evolve past Pignite, if you want hard.

Piemonade you can have Timmy the Timburr. He can't learn any HMs, and can't learn any Special Moves, easy. He must also always have the evolite once you obtain it until he can't utilize it anymore, easy.

Piemonte, take Viengata the Mienfoo.

Viengata, being a regular difficulty challenge, really doesn't care about restrictions on itself. Rather, it will do whatever you tell it to.

However, it does force a few conditions on your journey. It's scared of heights, so you can never use Fly. Viengata also forces your party to consist of only 3 Pokemon. You must leave the other slots empty (so no heal fodder). You may rotate your party through your set of 5 Pokemon as often as you want.

Viengata's restrictions apply even before you catch it.

Reserving for Piemonade.

Give me just a minute to come up with a medium-level challange

E: Take a Ducklett. It must know at all times at least one physical, special and non-damaging move. The fourth moveslot is your choice, but it must be a TM or HM move.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay Piemonade, you called. Editing shortly.

EDIT: Okay, a challenge. Ignore the Strikeouts.
Its_A_Random said:
Take a Pansage. Name it Muzzled. Muzzled, alongside Deaf & Blind make up the three Disabled Monkeys. Now Muzzled, as his name suggests, is muzzled. Therefore, it may not use any moves that require the use of his mouth. Such moves include...
Lick, Bite, Torment, Crunch, Taunt, Solarbeam, Attract, Round, Energy Ball, Swagger, Grasswhistle, Bullet Seed, Leaf Storm, Hyper Beam, Focus Blast, & any other move I missed.
This doesn't seem much, so we shall make it a bit harder...Well, Muzzled's silence has resulted in him becoming very Smug, meaning it must be the highest leveled member at all times. In addition, Muzzled also wants to become very powerful to the degree that it must solo Lenora & Clay. To evolve, have it solo 6 Gym Trainers.

Have fun.
Enjoy!

Also, I'm slow in looking at challenges... @_@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)