Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@StallMandibuzz: sorry poor wording on my part you do have to solo the trainers not just attempt to and I meant to write solo 1 poke in each Elite Four match. My bad.

@KS: Oh crud, that sounds really really really foreboding. >_> Can't freaking wait!

@Skarm: I think I have two decent restrictions for my pyrophobic Tepig. First off, since it obviously is very afraid of fire, it cannot fight any Fire types, and if it gets hit with a Fire-typed move, it must switch out immediately, and cannot be used for the rest of the battle unless it is forced to. And second off, since it is scarred, both physically and emotionally, it cannot use any moves that have a BP of 80 or higher. That should force me to get creative with my moveset.

And alright, 13laze, sounds good. 1 Pokèmon in each E4 battle sounds pretty good for Watchog. At least it's better then some other Pokèmon I could have gotten. <_< Also, I really could just make sure to take on the trainers with one Pokèmon on the Route when having to solo with Watchog. :3

@Hwang: Could you give me another type? I know my Tepig is a bit crippled with its' extreme fear of all things Fire, but I wanna try and get as balanced of a team as I can. :)

Hope you don't mind but since I won't be able to get on for another 8 hours, since I got to go to work, I'm going to post my challange again.

Pokemon White
- Starting with Oshawott
- Theme: Music Genres
- Only Soloing major battles (Gyms, Team Plasma, Rivals)
- Using the not commonly used Pokemon

I still need one more Pokémon for my Black2 Scramble! Although I won't be able to start it until October, since I'm not dealing with emulator crap, I still want to know what my Pokémon will be. :)

EDIT: Herp derp, completely forget this post. I miscounted. >_>

@Treadshot: I can tell you really hate Elesa, lol. Oh god, that battle is going to SUCK! Especially since it appears that Repel has a BP problem. Will it be able to use Gyro Ball/Electro Ball, since they are indetermined BP until the attack is made?
I hate characters like Elesa who do nothing but at as bad role models for kids playing these games. Kids should be taught from a young age that to be strong, mature humans, you must:

A) not put roller coasters in your gym
B) not put neon lights in your gym, and

C) NEVER USE A FREAKING EMOLGA IN BATTLE, DAMNIT!

Oh, and supermodel thing only makes it that much worse. Her proportions are hilariously bad (have you seen here character model in anime? It's stupidly unrealistic), she makes Emolga look like a realistic creature.[/tongue in cheek, knife in Elesa, bullet in Emolga's head comment]

As for the challenge, no using Gyro Ball or Electro Ball. Like Hidden Power, they are variable power, and like Hidden Power, they are assumed to strike at maximum power (in this case 150). Unless your Magnemite is at level 100, they are illegal.

And I don't think you know just how hard this challenge will be. With a Repel always active, you won't be levelling up against wild Pokemon, making your team so much more underdeveloped and underlevelled than usual.

Oh, and to make the challenge have no loopholes, you do lose your Magnemite if you run out of repels, but that doesn't mean you can stop the repels. You still have to keep repels active at all times. :)

Repels can't stop shaking grass/floaty water/dust clouds though, so at the very least, I can train on those. Audino give a fuck-ton of EXP. :) Unless the Magnemite is just against Wild Pokémon in general, then I've got a shot. But hey, I got a loophole or two I can exploit for training by just having Trainer battles. >:3 God, all my money's going to go on frigging Repels. >_>

CrystalDragon, take Baroque the Oshawatt.

Baroque music is old-fashioned, so Baroque must only use moves that existed in generation IV or earlier. Baroque music also has multiple threads of music going on at the same time, so Baroque realizes it needs to be a good harmony and refuses to solo any trainer. Lastly, Baroque likes complicated things, and so must, whenever battling, use all its moves. After beating the 4th gym leader, Baroque realizes it is powerful enough to be the melody and so must solo the next 20 trainers with no PC trips in between. (no major trainers)

Feeling incredibly gutsy and taking up shinyskarmory's old shedinja solo challenge, but on emerald instead of ruby.
bluemon said:
take a nincada. name it "hitme." it must evolve after learning dig. it can not fight other nincadas or any of the pokes in its evolution line. when it evolves, make sure to have an empty slot in your team cuz u are going to use shedinja. if you want to use stabs on your shedinja, u must solo 20 pokemon in the desert. if you cannot achieve this, u may only have dig and other non-stab moves in ur arsenal.
ending my leafgreen solo early because cut and razor leaf own the entire game.

Also, beginning a Platinum scramble run, medium difficulty, no trading, and ditching my starter as soon as possible.

StallMandibuzz take Opposite the Azumarill. This Pokemon's egg was dropped and now has a severe mental disability due to the drop.
-Import in an Azurill egg.
-As a baby, it cant think very well, so it has no restrictions as a Azurill. But must evolve ASAP.
After it evolves:
-If its ability is Huge Power, you cannot use any Physical attacks.
-It cannot use its most powerful attack against its opponent (factor in STAB, typing, etc.).
-Opposite thinks that it resists Grass/Electric type attacks, so do not switch out of Electric or Grass types.
-Opposite thinks that it is weak to Steel/Fire/Ground/Ice/Water types, so you cannot battle any Pokemon of those types.
-Solo Clay, because Clay realizes that Opposite is handicapped and wants to help it overcome its fears.
-After the battle, drop all above restrictions because Opposite is cured. However, Opposite now becomes cocky and arrogant.
-Opposite cannot switch out.
-Opposite doesn't think that its opponents are threats, so it cannot use damaging moves until it is below 50% HP.
-Opposite thinks that it is to good for you, and does not listen very often. So every 3rd turn (once it is below 50% HP), use a non-damaging move or the weakest attack possible (factoring in typing, STAB, etc.) or an item.
-Opposite does not want to be helped, so you can only use 2 items a battle on it.
-Solo Marshal, because Opposite wants to show Marshal what strength really is.
-Good luck and have fun!

@Hwang: Oh my, that poor Azurill lol. But when it's just a baby, it's only weak against Fighting types. Should I make an egg and actually import it in so Opposite is an authentic egg baby? I also think I know how I can give Opposite his/her disability in my prose. Hopefully I can get it to evolve to a Marill quickly and easily. Accepted. Should be fun. :D

Also, that coin-flip thing is going to get really old really fast. D: How about a restriction that has nothing to do with coins, but still stems off of its' disobedience?

Alright, import in an egg. Also, when its a baby it can't really think at all so no restrictions as an Azurill but must evolve as soon as possible.
Umm, how about instead of coin flipping, every third turn use a non-damaging move or the weakest attack possible (factoring in typing, STAB, etc.) or an item.

Okay, that sounds good then. ^_^ I've truthfully never used an Azurill. :3 But should its' issues still be apparent as an Azurill, or should they really start to show as a Marill, like prose-wise?

Okay, that sounds good then. ^_^ I've truthfully never used an Azurill. :3 But should its' issues still be apparent as an Azurill, or should they really start to show as a Marill, like prose-wise?
Well, Azurill really sucks so I didn't want to make it to hard. But as an Azurill, it cannot use its most powerful attack against its opponent (factoring in STAB, typing, etc.). The other restrictions become apparent when it evolves into a Marill.
EDIT: IGNORE THIS. I read wrong sorry.
But yeah, in prose its issues are kind of apparent as an Azurill, but show as a Marill.

I should have it be quite dim, and maybe have it get kicked around a bit before having it suddenly evolve and amazingly take its' opponent down. After that initial hype dies down, Opposite's problems really show. This should be fun. :p I have a pyrophobic Tepig; an anti-social Magnemite obsessed with Repels; a brain damaged, cocky Azurill; a bold Watchog; and a masochistic Heracross that likes using Counter. Just gotta wait for King Serperior's Pokémon, then I have all 6. :3 Obviously, I can't use them yet, but once October rolls around, I can start. :D

Emerald scramble run, medium difficulty.
1. No trading
2. One pokemon must be starter
3. 6 pokemon
4. Must have atleast 2 pokemon before 2nd gym and 4 before 6th gym
5. Must be able to evolve my pokemon fully (except for trading evolutions)
6. Must be able to learn all HM's (except flash because don't care about flash) with party
7. Maximum 2 same type pokemon
8. You can give 1-2 moves for each pokemon's moveset, no other restrictions
9. No legendaries
10. No level restrictions or requirements for evolutions
11. No soloing requirements
Party so far
1. Judodo the torchic
2. Ralts
3. Reserved for Level51
4. Seabound the wingull
2 more and I'm set, one needs to be able to learn dive an waterfall

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
1. No trading
3. 6 pokemon
6. Must be able to learn all HM's (except flash because don't care about flash) with party
9. No legendaries
11. No soloing requiremts
Finally a short and sweet challange from me!

Take Pacifist the Shroomish.
Pacifist cannot use any attacking moves.
Pacifist must never be the lowest-levelled Pokemon on your team.

Note that this doesn't technically break restriction 8
beacuse I'm not giving any moves to it, just taking away a few.

GL;HF!

Also,
@13laze: Lol, ewwww, a Watchog. I have to admit, I'm liking these Pokèmon so far. I would never use a Patrat/Watchog if I wasn't given one in a Scramble. Question though, so I only have to attempt to solo a trainer in a route, and if Watchog faints after its' evolution, then it's fine? I'm pretty sure that Watchog isn't going to be able to solo an E4 member, but it'll sure be fun writing it! Accepted. Need two more 'Mons. ^^ Would kinda like a Water type, but no biggie if I don't get one. :3
I have to admit, I'm liking these Pokèmon so far.
D:<<<<<

1. No trading
3. 6 pokemon
9. No legendaries
11. No soloing requiremts
You get Judodo the Torchic. He must learn and keep Double Kick and Blaze Kick as his only STAB moves. He also must be your highest level poke.

neeklause can take a ralts. it has one modest restriction. it must only use Struggle against trainers (it can use anything against wild pokemon).

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Okay, I can see CrystalDragon lurking and waiting for a Challange.

CD, you get Pop the Trubbish (guess what I think of Pop!).

In a nutshell, Pop is all about money. Cash, etc.
- Pop must always carry the Amulet Coin.
- You must have at least P50001 x (Gym Number) before fighting any Gym when Pop is in the party.

Pop is so terrible, it's frustrating when all of its fans try protect it and to say what a great genre it is. Pop can only use Frustration and Protect until...
...Pop learns Explosion. Then it can use that too.

Pop is so very base and loathsome, with no hope of redemption (okay, I think I'm being a bit mean here but this is just for the Challange). Pop cannot evolve.

Good Luck; Have Fun; Hate Pop!

^Classic is better than today's pop. End of story. Plus, classic-style artists have a sense of decency and self-worth. :)

I'm just going to clarify my Ralts challenge to Neeklause. You cannot use any moves against Trainers except Struggle. That means you must head into the battle with 0 PP in all moves. Be careful about using Pokemon Centers, as they will refill the PP, which you will need to then get rid of.

@level51, I guess I made it hard to understand, but on rule 8 by no other restrictions, I meant that you can't restrict the moveset in any other way. So I will keep the shroomish, and you can give me 1-2 moves for it,or you can change the pokemon entirely if you want.

TheNeeklause, take Seabound the Wingull. This Wingull loves the sea, so it decides to learn Surf ASAP (Note: Wingulls can't learn Surf), and wants to lead your party whenever you Surf on it. It refuses to fight in any gym that's not near a large body of water, but must participate in the fights against leaders that are in Gyms near large bodies of water. (In other words, Seabound can't fight in the Rustboro, Mauville, or Lavaridge, but must fight against (not necessarily solo) the leaders of the other gyms.) Another important thing about Seabound is that when it's a Wingull, it doesn't carry enough water with it to use Water-type moves unless it's in an area that's near water (Route 104, for example). When it's a Pelipper, it can use Water-type attacks whenever it wants thanks to its large bill.

I would like to do a normal Scramble Challange. The first person gets to pick the game from Gen I to Gen IV.

Here are the rules:

- I want to have at least 3 Pokémon in my team before the 4th gym.
- I want to use a gift Pokémon.
- I want to use my starter.
- And also no challanges like solo Lt. Surge with a Magikarp, or something along those lines.

Let the Challange begin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)