1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Scramble Challange - Mark 2

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Its_A_Random, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Present

Present

@Bard of Rage,

sure, feel free to use them.
  2. Brammi

Brammi

Emerald:
    - Bipolar the Slakoth (Slow Quickie Path)
    - Female Skitty
    - Oshawatt the Mudkip
    - First Poke on Route 117 (Corphish - Post Mossdeep)
    -
    -

Crystal
    - Haxman the Chikorita
    - Googoo the Smoochum
    - Scattered the Exeggcute
    - Blaine the Smeargle
    - (The changed one I lost track off)
    - Darkness the Houndour

Black
    - Cacturne the Maractus
    - Random the Blitzle
    - TeamPlayer the Sigilyph (Turns my usual method of training on its head.)
    - Mudkip the Oshawatt
    - Grimslette the Vullaby
    -
  3. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I can give you another Challange for both Emerald and Black if you're willing to wait, Brammi.
  4. Brammi

Brammi

Well I'm going to play up until arriving at Dewford now. So after that is now fair game. Just bored atm. And I have three pokes for that section.
  5. Particular1

Particular1

Hey Guys. I just joined smogon, stumbled upon this thread, and MY, it seems awesome!

And as it happens, I have not used my Pearl version in a while. So... Time for a Pearl version scramble challayienge! In terms of difficulty... medium to hard. The only pokémon I require to be able to use is a sudowoodo/bonsly. Otherwise, feel free to pick 'em for me.

I hope I can contribute to your challenges as well... as soon as I find the post where you requested them. =)
  6. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

Particular1, take WeatherAll the Shieldon.

WeatherAll is used to taking all sorts of damage, and he wants to show you what he can do. To evolve, he must survive 15 SE hits. Also, he must know Iron Defense at all times and use it upon each time he enters battle. Finally, whether he evolves or not, he must solo Byron, to prove that HE is the sturdiest Pokemon liek evar.

Gl
  7. Bard of Rage

Bard of Rage

Particular1, take Kazza the Abra. This Abra must be obtained via the trade in Oreburgh City (you'll need a Machop). This Abra cannot use any level-up moves, so use the Hidden Power TM on it as soon as you get Kazza (you get the TM from beating the two school kids in the trainer's school). It also cannot use any STAB attacks. It can evolve into Kadabra after it gets a full four attacks, excluding Teleport, which it must forget. It can evolve further into Alakazam (assuming you can trade) by soloing Fantina. If you can't trade, solo her anyway. Solo Aaron's Drapion.
  8. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

Particular1, take GameFreak the Turtwig. GameFreak hates that he is worse than the other starters, and hates his bad stats and typing. He must OHKO each of Roark's pokemon to evolve, because he knows that he it's SE against Rock. (If you 2HKO, reset to before you challenged him) After evolving into Torterra, he may learn no more new moves. He must solo all OU pokemon and never be the recipient of a Potion, Super Potion, or Hyper Potion. Lastly, if he solos the Ice gym leader on the first try, get rid of 1 restriction from any scramblemon.
  9. Pika25

Pika25

Nyara: Dive, not whirlpool, think sapphire. And cut isn't even necessary to advance the plot.

Naix: Take Tom the Espeon. He may only use attacking moves of the Psychic type.
    He comes with a gauntlet: never use the ball-dupe glitch when trying to Snag a Shadow Pokémon.
  10. Nyara

Nyara

HM's slaves are not allowed, so, I refuse the idea for the moment, unless I can teach it Rock Smash before, then I'll be able.

@Espeon65: Vulpix can't learn HM's, and he wil use my last Pokémon slot, and I'm still needing an user of at least Waterfall (better if it can learn Cut, too). HM's slaves are no allowed, so, think on something else. The idea can be combined if you let me change Vulpix for other Pokémon when the moment to use Waterfall come, and confront the E4 and stuff with the new Pokémon.
  11. Espeon65

Espeon65

Azumarill can learn Waterfall. I have a tone of homework, so somebody else give Nyara her last pokemon. If she insists on not teaching Azumarill Waterfall, I guess it has to be Water-type. Also, Cut isn't needed to advance the plot.
  12. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

Diamond Scramble: Part 4

Why do I bother... (open)
    Anyway, when we left off, I had just made it to Pastoria. I took on Crasher Wake, and Magical wanted to duel with his Gyarados for some reason. Needless to say, she came out on top. I cleanly won the battle following.

Then, I saw some Team Galactic freak muttering to himself...so I said 'wtf u doin boi' and he was like 'NUNYA' and I was like 'AW HELL NAH' and I chased him. But my idiot friend Barry HAD to catch up to me at that time, and challenge me to a battle. Freaking tool...

Anyways, I clocked him, and chased down the blue-haired punk some more. Dude just wouldn't give up. So I beat him and his Glameow. What a pussy.

BA-DUM KSSSH

So this chick named Cynthia comes up to me. I try to be suave again, and compliment her breasts.

She slaps me and stalks off.

Fortunately, she dropped this freaky charm and weird potion.

It looked very Secret.

So I thought, "Why not try to get some Pokemon high with this stuff"

My mind wandered back to those Psyduck with chronic headaches back on Route whatever.

So I gave it to them, and they ran away, convinced they were Drifblim. So they flew. Sorta. It was a strange sight, for sure.

Anyway, I make it to Celestic Town, beat up a baddie that was there (man these Galactic creeps are everywhere), and flew back to Hearthome, hoping the GL was there.

She was.

So I taught Bud Cut, stunting its growth forever and disabling its ability to battle indefinitely.

<3

However, when I entered the Gym, I suddenly...forgot basic math. Whoops. Led to a LOT of battles, lemme tell ya.

Anyway, I beat Fantina and gained the ability to Surf woo

So I went back to that tower thingy near Solaceon to train up Shark Bait.

Oh, and beat my rival in some town with a drawbridge.

Can't remember the na-

SHITSHITSHIT THERE'S GARDENIA

The Team So Far (open)
    [​IMG]
    Bud the Budew
    LV 24
    Mild Nature
    Ability: Poison Point
    Item: N/A
    -Mega Drain
    -Growth
    -Cut
    -Stun Spore
    Comments: Well, I did it. I chickened out. I taught my 'starter' the move that made him useless. Sorry Present ;-;

[​IMG]
    Shark Bait the Goldeen
    LV 24
    Quirky Nature
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Item: Shell Bell
    -Flail
    -Water Pulse
    -Supersonic
    -Horn Attack
    Comments: Grinded him up a bit on my way to getting the Strength HM, so he's a LITTLE more useful.

[​IMG]
    Random the Cleffa
    LV 28
    Rash Nature
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Item: N/A
    -Magical Leaf
    -Return
    -Sweet Kiss
    -Copycat
    Comments: FINALLY HE EVOLVES. NOW I CAN TRAIN MY OTHER POKEMON.

[​IMG]
    MoldBreak the Cranidos
    LV 26
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Item: Quick Claw
    -Focus Energy
    -Hidden Power (Flying)
    -Rock Tomb
    -Scary Face
    Comments: I admit, I haven't used him much. I need to, seeing as I plan on Random soloing Volkner.

[​IMG]
    Magical the Gyarados
    LV 26
    Quiet Nature
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Wise Glasses
    -Splash
    -Dragon Rage
    -Brine
    -Surf
    Comments: Intimidate makes her VERY useful. Yeah.

[​IMG]
    Breezy the Drifblim
    LV 34
    Hasty Nature
    Ability: Unburden
    Item: Spooky Plate
    -Fly
    -Defog
    -Ominous Wind
    -Stockpile
    Comments: MVP by a loooooong shot still. Oh, and he finally got a Ghost move! Woo!
  13. Brammi

Brammi

Found it. Ok Crystal is well under way. Will start with proper updates eventually.

Emerald:
    - Bipolar the Slakoth (Slow Quickie Path)
    - Female Skitty
    - Oshawatt the Mudkip
    - First Poke on Route 117 (Corphish - Post Mossdeep)
    -
    -

Crystal
    - Haxman the Chikorita
    - Googoo the Smoochum
    - Scattered the Exeggcute
    - Blaine the Smeargle
    - Honey Bear the Teddiursa
    - Darkness the Houndour

Black
    - Cacturne the Maractus
    - Random the Blitzle
    - TeamPlayer the Sigilyph (Turns my usual method of training on its head.)
    - Mudkip the Oshawatt
    - Grimslette the Vullaby
    -

So after Level 51's challenges. I only need one more poke for Emerald and I can get going on all three.
  14. King Serperior

King Serperior

Brammi gets Random the Sableye. As with all "Random Challeneges," except Gen 1's Random the Gyarados, you have 3 rules that must be kept:

1). Learn Metronome ASAP.
    2). Max out Metronome's PP.
    3). Use Meronome first when it enters battle.

Now, I need you to solo one of the last four Gym Leaders with Random. Note that one of their pokemon must be solo'd using only Metronome.

Next, I need you to solo an E4 member. As with the GL solo, you will have to solo one of his/her mons using only Metronome.

As a Bonus, you can attempt to solo Wally in Victory Road with the same restrictions as above!!

Good Luck!!

@ Ullar: I will have to drop your challange. My violent, creative, and scary side is not functional at this time. Sorry :(
  15. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck

I'd like to do a scramble challenge on Emerald.

I only have a few rules:
    -I'd like a starter.
    -No rules about moves because I'm using a Japanese version to practice reading it, and stuff like that is annoying.
    -Try to avoid type overlaps.
    -Medium difficulty.
  16. King Serperior

King Serperior

You get Random the Hariama (Or however you spell it). As with all "Random Challeneges," except Gen 1's Random the Gyarados, you have 3 rules that must be kept:

1). Learn Metronome ASAP.
    2). Max out Metronome's PP.
    3). Use Meronome first when it enters battle.

Now, I need you to solo one of the Middle four Gym Leaders with Random. Note that one of their pokemon must be solo'd using only Metronome. This means that Roxanne, Brawley, Tate/Liz, and Juan are out.

After you do this solo, you can evolve Random.

Next, I need you to solo an E4 member. As with the GL solo, you will have to solo one of his/her mons using only Metronome.

I know you said no rules about moves, but there is a Move Tutor. Just remember where you placed the move (Preferably at the top of the list). If this is unacceptable, I'll change the challange.
  17. Naix

Naix

Thank you for the Gauntlet (which has been accepted), but Tom seems a bit too easy for the difficulty level I'd prefer (hard), so if you could please increase the difficulty a bit, I'd appreciate it.
    Changed my mind! Tom is accepted after all.

Dropped my initial reservation for Too Funk to Druck because I'm an idiot and gave him a challange that broke one of his rules, and now I can't think of anything
  18. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck

I think I can handle this. But this'll be the last move related one.
  19. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

(~Black~)

Brammi, take VGC the Scraggy.

Have you heard? Scrafty's DW ability Intimidate has been released! Now people might actually use it in VGC :O

Well, even if you haven't heard, this Scraggy certainly has! In fact, it's been preparing itself for VGC, and it believes you can help it train further.

First off, everyone uses Protect in VGC. So, VGC must use Protect every other turn, starting from the turn it enters battle. If at any point it runs out of Protect PP, it must be immediately swapped out. If you enter a battle and it has 0 Protect PP left (even if you don't use it), you must throw out P500 worth of goods.

Next, VGC is obsessed with the Bring 6, Choose 4 Format. Thus, you may only use a maximum of 4 Pokemon in every battle you enter.

Optional extra difficulty: never use HJK; it's shit in VGC thanks to all the Protect.

(~Emerald~)

Take Fluctuate the Spoink.

Fluctuate, since birth, has been obsessed with fluctuating numbers, digits and the like. Your task is simple; you may only let Fluctuate use the following moves:
    these moves are nice :) (open)
    Psywave, Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Bounce, Hidden Power, Double Team, Flash, Swagger

GL;HF!
  20. Present

Present

Particular1, take yourself a bonsly. As it surely looks like a normal type, it must solo crasher wake. It may evolve afterwards. If it does not solo him, he may not evolve, but has to solo Bertha (?=the ground elite four) instead.

GL

Too Funk To Druck, you get Mudkip. Mudkip can only evolve after solo'ing one gym, not one of the first four. It may only evolve again when it does not learn any moves besides the first four it gets. If not, and you want to teach him other moves, he may not evolve again.

GL (Hey, this is not move related it is move-not related)
  21. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck

I'm confused. What do you mean by the first four it gets? The first four Mudkip gets, or the first four Marshtomp gets?
  22. Present

Present

The first four Mudkip gets, the bad ones :)
  23. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

Ok; KS dropped the reservation, so I need a fossil Pokemon for my White Scramble still.
  24. Jangrafess

Jangrafess

You get an Archen called Carracosta which can only use moves that are also in Carracosta's moveset. That includes TMs.
  25. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

Clever. Accepted!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)