Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Present, I already have a Krabby. It's almost finished by omnivore, but not yet.

If you are stuck on pokemon... yanma!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ jackm: Catch the first Cubone you see. Name it whatever you want.

Cubone's restrictions depend on whether the one you caught has a Thick Club or not.

If it was caught without a Thick Club...

• The only attacking moves it may use in Battle must start have "Bone" in its name.
  • It also may only fight in battles indoors, since it is afraid of the sun.
If it was caught with a Thick Club

• The only attacking moves it may use in Battle must start have "Rage" in its name.
  • It must always hold the Thick Club, & may not battle if it loses it mid-battle.
Either way, have it solo a Gym Leader to evolve.

Have fun.

I may post challenges for other users, so watch this space.

Well, I'll edit my challenge into Yanma.

Walking across a nice road ,you come across a nice looking Yanma. Deciding yit looks so nice, you catch it and name it Gift, believing it is a nice gift destined to be given to you. However, really soon, you realize you have made a mistake. That nicelooking Yanma is a murderous machine. Not powerful in the slightest, but really mean. It forces its way into every double battle, and kills all his team members. The team members get daffled, and switch out after being hit by Yanma to avoid getting hit again. (So you get at least one hit in) Even then, Yanma is pittifully weak. It was born with a syndrome, and as such can only use quick attack as his sole attack. It does not understand it is weak, and believes it is the strongest attack ever. When you disagree, it continues by solo'ing at least one of every trainer owned pokemon type out there with bubble (all 17, yes including ghost, you got supersonic), which may only be a maximum of 5 levels lower than Yanma. He also has to solo Whitney with Quick Attack, because he hattes Cows and Cry baby's. After having completed these two goals, he gets overflowed with emotions and forgets his past (no evolving, Yanmega is green). Yanma can only remember using Quick Attack for all his life and you hating him for it. As such, Yanma can never use a normal type attack ever again. Actually, it does not want to use any attack at all. Instead, Yanma looks at his massive voice and his hatred towards the world and decides the only way he is going to fight is by using Supersonic. That is right, only damaging move: Supersonic. Remember: no resetting your game when Supersonic misses or fails you, deal with it. :) For every time Supersonic misses twice in a row, Yanma gets upset and steals either 20 of your most expensive pokeballs, or 10 of your most expensive items from your bag and uses Supersonic on them (equals trashing them as they scatter due to the high pitch). He is really really trying to prove his strength and finally believes the only way to do so is by solo'ing Lance by using Supersonic. Remember, no resetting, deal with it! (you might want to consider buying some revives and Elixers / Ethers)

GL

This might even be harder, hehehehe. Oh and yes, you can get Yanma before battling Whitney.

Celever

i am town
Present... HOLY FUCKING SHIT

But yeah, that is extremely extremely difficult.. and... well... solo'ing Lance is too impossible. Like his pokemon are far too high-leveled, even compared to the rest of the elite four. So could you change it to any of the elite four instead please? Other than that, accepted. Incredibly mean and ruthless, but accepted.

Just waiting on Omnivore and Solner now, could you try and get the challanges done pretty soon?

celever, sorry for the delay! I had some trouble with my internet connection and will write up the challenge until the evening, is that ok?

By the way, would you mind to check my request post and change your challenge a bit, like evolving by beauty contest and soloing with wormadam trash with a higher emphasize of the contest, so I learn a bit more about it. There is not so much new knowledge to gain about burmys huge movepool in Diamond, that I will not already know after blob´s challenge.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4569142&postcount=7733
I still miss at least 3 hard scramble mons to start my diamond scramble so check out the linked post and be as creative as possible.
If none of you gives me a starter I will write a short role for a "non"-scramble chimchar that will get lost as soon as I reach the first big city, so please give me a scramblemon up to this point...

Omnivore, I"ll give you a contest based challenge. Will edit in a moment.
Take Pride the piplup. Pride closely resembles Dawn's Piplup from the anime. When you receive Pride at first, it still dislikes you and does not want to accept food from you. So you can only heal Piplup at the Pokecenter. Whenever Piplup'shealth gets into orange / red, it becomes angry and starts shouting at the opponent: Use Growl at least once when that happens, following by Peck (When you learn it), because when it gets angry, al it does it Peck at the opponent, usually to no avail and fainting. --> Pride cannot switch out when his health gets down to orange / red, as it has too much Pride. When Pride reaches the contests, it falls in love with them, forgetting everything and everyone when he sees the Contest Building. Pride instantly believes it is his destiny to become the best contest pokemon ever, and takes part in every category. While he is doing the contests, he always uses bubblebeam at least once. (You should be level 22 by then.) Upon winning all the categories, Piplup forgets his Pecking tendencies, but instead grows overconfident and evolves into Prinplup. All restrictions are lifted.

As a Prinplup, Pride is very hungry and always has to have a berry attached. Whenever its health drops below 50%, heal Pride immedeatly. Pride still wants to perfect his Contest skills and always battle with Bubblebeam, as practice is the key to success. To perfect his skills, he has to solo Fantina, as she is the leading contest star, and gaining her attention will make him all happy. Having done so, Pride gains the ability to evolve into Empoleon. (note: all moves besides bubblebeam, peck and growl are prohibited for now)

His overconfidence is stunning, and Pride wants to battle every member of the Mamoswine family. His call for attention might be his downfall though, as it wants to fight pokemon of types he is weak to in order to use more moves. His overconfidence calls out to him to solo a total of 25 trainer owned electric / ground / fighting types after having solo'd Fantina in order to gain the ability to learn said moves: Drill Peck, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and Head Butt. Empoleon will still be your Pride team member and as his Pride takes his toll, as an Empoleon, he wants to switch in whenever another team members health falls below 1/3th.

GL, Hope you like the theme based challenge.

PS:lol at Dawn's Piplup learning Headbutt, it is HGSS only :)

Celever

i am town
Present: Thanks, I know they all have super-effective attacks, but still easier than frickin' Lance!

Omnivore, I'll just put the changes here.
"Unfortunately, this is every Burmy and Ugly must switch in and attack every Burmy continuously that she sees!" You can change this to: "Unfortunately, pokemon advantageous against her jeer at her, and she must come in and attack every one with a STAB type advantage on her continuously.

"taking out the highest-leveled of 4 of the 8 gym leaders" You can change the 4 to 2

"It must win the beauty contest, the easiest one and the second one" Can be changed to: It must beat the second and first easiest beauty contests, but if you beat the hardest beauty contest Trash turns into one of those bitchy super-models and is no longer interested in Pretty, and as such no longer uses affect on her in the double battles.

Hey celever I´ve finished the scramblemon for you:
Catch him in Cherrygrove as soon as you get the OldRod. But do not damage it, otherwise OffBeat will turn against you (will be specified if you want it)

This is a very special Krabby: Being the most intelligent Krabby around, it knows the type chart by hard.
It only uses super effective attacks or “status” moves of which he has to know at least two (mud sport, harden, protect, ...)
This special Krabby will not leave your party before at least evolving. Up to the point where you meet the evolution criteria, it will hold the mighty Everstone Item.

OffBeat does not learn physical moves upon level up as those are too cheap for him and it does not learn moves by TM or HM unless otherwise stated.

Its´ first encounter with Pokemon outside of Cherrygroves coast disturbs him very much.
To feel safe enough in battle, it immediately uses every known nondamaging move whenever you switch him in before attacking for the first time.

The bugs and birds from rt 40 make him hate those types for his whole life.
Every encounter with those types (wild, trainer-owned, your own flying/bug types in double battles) triggers the following reaction:
  • as long as he knows a super effective move against those types you will switch him in to faint this Pokemon
  • every time it does not know a super effective move he will get +2 level for being frustrated
    = +2*m level for evolution with m the number of such situations
  • if it faints instead of the bug/ bird he gets +4 level for evolving being even more frustrated
    = +4*n level

Krabbys evolution happens at the modified level (31+2*m+4*n) when he proves his special skills in Pokeathlon.
In at least all four skill based events - lamp jump, snow throw, pennant capture and goal roll- it needs to get acknowledged to be the most special Pokemon around and win the overall competitions where those events occur.

Krabby will get movepool changes under certain conditions or after impressive achievements:
  • If he defeats every bug or flying type in Azalea Town he gets Rock Tomb. That´s the only way to defeat bugs and flying types without letting them struggle to death by the way, so do not skip that chance too easily.
  • OffBeat loves the special techniques found in FreakTown aka Mahagony City, teach him Whirlpool and Hail immediately and give him Thief as soon as a spot for physical moves gets free.
After evolving it feels the heavy disbalance of his training and is now accepting movepool changes more easily:
  • The minimum of known “status” moves gets lowered to zero.
  • Legendary tasks: If OffBeat defeats a legendary Pokemon or the highest leveled Pokemon of a major opponent(TeamRocket, Gym, Rival), you can choose to learn one move without restrictions.
  • Remember to give him Thief for the first free moveslot after visiting Mahagony.
Pride keeps the restriction for using only super effective moves or “status” moves in battle and the hate for Bugs and Flying types after evolving. Instead of LevelUp points it now gains FrustrationPoints whenever it does not defeat one of those damned Bugs or Birds.
  • 10 Frustration Points: have him keep at least one “status” moves
  • 20 Frustration Points: have him keep at least two “status” moves
  • 30 Frustration Points: have him keep at least three “status” moves
  • 40 Frustration Points: Let him learn Frustration and keep three “status” moves
After gaining at least 10 Frustration Points you can decide to forfeit the chance to get a move for legendary tasks and lower the Counter by 10 instead.
Have Fun!

celever, I have removed the spelling mistakes, so you can copy this to your OP:

Walking along a nice road, you come across a nice looking Yanma. Deciding as it looks so nice, you catch it and name it Gift, believing it is a nice gift destined to be given to you. However, really soon, you realize you have made a mistake. That nice looking Yanma is a murderous machine. Not powerful in the slightest, but really mean. It forces its way into every double battle, and kills all his team members. The team members get daffled, and switch out after being hit by Yanma to avoid getting hit again. (So you get at least one hit in) Even then, Yanma is pittifully weak. It was born with a syndrome, and as such can only use quick attack as his sole damaging move. It does not understand it is weak, and believes quick attack is the strongest attack ever. As you disagree, it continues by solo'ing at least one of every trainer owned pokemon type out there with bubble (all 17, yes, including ghost, you got supersonic), which may only be a maximum of 5 levels lower than Yanma. He also has to solo Whitney with Quick Attack, because he hates cows and cry baby's. After having completed these two goals, he gets overflowed with emotions and forgets his past (no evolving, Yanmega is green). Yanma can only remember using Quick Attack for all his life and you hating him for it. As such, Yanma can never use a normal type attack ever again. Actually, it does not want to use any attack at all. Instead, Yanma looks at his massive voice volume and his hatred towards the world and decides the only way he is going to fight is by using Supersonic. That is right, only damaging move: Supersonic. Remember: no resetting your game when Supersonic misses or fails you, deal with it. :) For every time Supersonic misses twice in a row, Yanma gets upset and steals either 20 of your most expensive pokeballs, or 10 of your most expensive items from your bag and uses Supersonic on them (equals trashing them as they scatter due to the high pitch). He is really, really, really trying to prove his strength and finally believes the only way to do so is by solo'ing Bruno by using Supersonic. Remember, no resetting, deal with it! (you might want to consider buying some revives and Elixers / Ethers)

GL

celever, sorry for the delay, and thank you for reserving me a spot. Haven't been on in a while due to sudden loads of crap to take care of. Anyway, here it goes.

You have to deal with Pratfall the Delibird. It must have hustle. Pratfall was teased as a child, and wishes to prove against all odds, literally, that it can do... something. However, Pratfall usually throws its all into any attack it does, and because of this overexertion it ends up falling flat on its ass whenever it misses. But Pratfall is a risk taker, and will only use moves without 100 percent accuracy. So Pratfall's entire attacking movepool is present, blizzard, and fly. And also toxic and swagger, if you so choose. When ever Pratfall does take a tumble it manages to drop some of its stuff in its tail, so you have to throw out five items, stacking for each miss in a battle. This is going to happen a lot. To make reprimands Pratfall will give you a present, but as it happens every time it gives you a present it trips and falls and throws it at its opponent. Now the fun part. If the first present damages you must keep using present until it misses or is out of PP. Even if it heals. Yeah. If the first present heals, you must solo the next trainer with blizzard. So have blizzard. If blizzard runs out of PP before the solo is complete then you must switch Pratfall out and solo the next trainer, save any reserved fights. Pratfall happens to be scared of dragons because it was they that teased him when he was younger, so he refuses to fight them. If you are forced to, Pratfall with do nothing but throw presents at them. Also, for the hell of it, solo Will, because we all know thats going to be fun. Chances are that because of the restrictions with present, you are going to have to solo Koga too, and just with blizzard. Yay fun. That is assuming no one else says to solo Koga. Also a suggestion is to use PP ups on all of Pratfall's moves.

GOOD LUCK. Any problems or questions, just ask.

@CJorex
sorry, thought I read everything through
Have nutella solo any other elite four member of your choice, or three of your rivals in the final battle.

Celever, wish I could still give you one, no hard feelings though (I probably would have done the same). I will be waiting till next time. Good luck with your challange, keep us posted on how its going.

Hey guys, still taking Scramblemons for my solo Ruby challange. Rules are as follows:
I'm going to start a SOLO Ruby version Scramble. I'll take five different Pokémon and choose the one I think will be most fun. I cannot trade and don't want it to be too difficult, seeing as it's the first time I've played in a while!

EDIT: You can make it one of four Pokémon; Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip or Seedot. Yes, Seedot. I've never got around to fully training a Seedot, so if you're thinking of giving me a more difficult challange then there's the obvious choice. That being said, I would like a mix to choose from! (I think Seedot can be acquired before the first gym, so I'd like to get it early in the game)
Already been offered a Mudkip and a Seedot, three more before I have to make my decision!

Celever

i am town
Solner, great challange, but delibird is soul-silver only! (;_;)

Omnivore, great challange! However;
"Legendary tasks: If OffBeat defeats a legendary Pokemon or the highest leveled Pokemon of a major opponent(TeamRocket, Gym, Rival), you can choose to learn one move without restrictions."
I must teach him thief, does this mean that my first free slot without restriction is thief?

Also, am I allowed to teach it surf? Because surf is needed, but you said HMs are too cheap.

Edit for below: Oh neat, I've never used a Jynx before in anything, not even on battle simulators!

... how did I miss that? Oh, well, whatever, I had another one just in case. Just give me a sec to type it.

In fact, I had two other challenges in mind already, but a question first. If you don't care about a horrible type overlap in your team I would really like to give you Ariados, but if not I'll give you a Jynx instead. That said, Ariados doesn't show up until after the elite four, so Jynx it is! Will have it up in a sec.

Yeah, I am kind of rambling with what I said above.

Take Hitmonjynx the Jynx. You should be able to see what it is going to try to do, judging by it's name. Yes, it wants to be the first female Tyrogue evolution. As such it limits itself to only physical moves, no special or status moves besides fake tears. To train her muscles she holds onto an iron ball, with which she will never go into battle without. She wants to get good at physical moves, but whenever someone hits her with one she normally will cry a little. So anytime a physical attack hits jynx you must use fake tears. Special attacks are dirty, so she will use double slap on any who hit her with a special move. Both of these restrictions only apply for the first time she is hit against any individual pokemon, else Jynx would never win a battle. After soloing Will (this solo is optional) Hitmonjynx realizes that the powers of the mind are actually useful, because thinking in a fight is important, so she can learn only one non STAB special attack, or one status attack. She also realizes that bringing training equipment into every battle is kind of stupid, so he stops holding the iron ball. Her final challenge will be to solo Sabrina's gym, to prove that physical fighting is overall better to cheap tricks.

Figure I should summarize this one:
-Hitmonjynx the Jynx
-Only can use physical moves
-Must use fake tears after being hit by a physical attack
-Must use double slap after being hit by a special attack
-Must hold the iron ball (can be found in mt. Mortar, but honestly anything that lowers speed works)
-After soloing Will (If you so choose) the above restriction is removed, and one non STAB special move may be learned
-Solo Sabrina's gym

Forgive me for any inconsistencies, I haven't played HGSS in a long time, hence the above delibird mistake. I think I'll save the delibird for anyone else so brave as to do a hard soul silver scramble. Again, if any questions (Or I missed something stupid again) Don't hesitate to ask.

I thought I'd answer some of celever's questions.
Ironic, I want to tear myself apart after reading this! ;D
Don't worry, any normal person would.
I need a lot of revives
Well, considering the "using items on it = Selfdestruct/Explosion" rule...
Exp. share is fine for training though right?
Does this count held items?
Sorry about forgetting held items in my initial post. Anyway, no to held items.
Blinks, reads again. Blinks, reads again. Blinks, reads again. Oh shit.
You're welcome!

inanimate blob, sorry, but I have to reject that challenge. It doesn't fit the guidelines mentioned in the initial post (Video Game character related). If you could give me a Shinx that /is/ related to a Video Game Character, then I'll accept the challenge.

Present: Yowch, that's a doozy of a challenge. Looks like I might be in for a rough time against Geodude and Onix using only Fire type moves (Unlike Brock, they pack STAB Super Effective hits against the not-so bulky Chimchar). May I change it to "attempt to Solo Roark using only Axel?". Otherwise accepted.

Celever

i am town
My amazing and excruciatingly difficult team! Thanks guys! :P

Sluggish the Slugma, by Inanimate blob:
Take Sluggish the Slugma, the one you can get from Primo. Slugma's Pokèdex states that it cannot stop moving around or it will turn into rock. So, you will emulate that! Slugma must always lead your party in battle (if it faints, don't worry). Additionally, Sluggish is scared of turning into rock, and as a result cannot evolve into Magcargo or use Rock-type moves. It must also have two Fire-type moves at all times to emphasize the fact that it is Fire-type, not Rock.
Solo Chuck to remove the movepool restriction, and if you're up for it, solo Misty to remove the evolution restriction, seeing as it gets over its fears.

Temepered tha Voltorb, by Naix (an evil, evil man)
celever, take Tempered the Voltorb. Tempered has a tendency to tear itself apart (in other words, use Selfdestruct or Explosion) when it gets angry, which is quite often. For reference, the list of things that Tempered absolutely hates is as follows: getting statused, fighting an opponent who resists (or is immune to) its STAB, so much as seeing a Team Rocket member, and items being used on it. If any of the above happen to Tempered, it must use Selfdestruct or Explosion. Oh, and another thing: Tempered downright despises Blaine for reasons unknown, so Tempered must solo Blaine (with the exception of the Pokemon Paranoid is soloing). During the solo, Tempered must Explode on his last Pokemon. After this solo is completed, Tempered may evolve. Yes, you read that correctly.
Have as much fun as you can, and try not to pull all your hair out!

Paranoid the Paras, by Espeon65 (another evil, evil man)
Take Paranoid the Paras. This Paras is afraid of the parasitic mushrooms on its back. It knows that otherwise, it would be mono-Bug. So, it may never use any Grass-type moves. It thinks that the mushroom will die if it does. It must then solo 10 pokemon while under the effects of a burn in an attempt to burn the mushroom off. It must solo every trainer-owned Grass-type for fear of them taking it over. It may not evolve until it defeats 10 trainer-owned Fire-types using only Bug-type moves. It must solo all of Pryce's gym and Pryce's Dewgong. Then, it may learn 1 non-attacking Grass-type move. It must solo all of Cinnabar gym and 1 of Blaine's pokemon. GL;HF! If it's too easy or hard, I can change it.

Gift the Yanma, by Present (this gift is going straight on e-bay!)
Walking along a nice road, you come across a nice looking Yanma. Deciding as it looks so nice, you catch it and name it Gift, believing it is a nice gift destined to be given to you. However, really soon, you realize you have made a mistake. That nice looking Yanma is a murderous machine. Not powerful in the slightest, but really mean. It forces its way into every double battle, and kills all his team members. The team members get daffled, and switch out after being hit by Yanma to avoid getting hit again. (So you get at least one hit in) Even then, Yanma is pittifully weak. It was born with a syndrome, and as such can only use quick attack as his sole damaging move. It does not understand it is weak, and believes quick attack is the strongest attack ever. As you disagree, it continues by solo'ing at least one of every trainer owned pokemon type out there with bubble (all 17, yes, including ghost, you got supersonic), which may only be a maximum of 5 levels lower than Yanma. He also has to solo Whitney with Quick Attack, because he hates cows and cry baby's. After having completed these two goals, he gets overflowed with emotions and forgets his past (no evolving, Yanmega is green). Yanma can only remember using Quick Attack for all his life and you hating him for it. As such, Yanma can never use a normal type attack ever again. Actually, it does not want to use any attack at all. Instead, Yanma looks at his massive voice volume and his hatred towards the world and decides the only way he is going to fight is by using Supersonic. That is right, only damaging move: Supersonic. Remember: no resetting your game when Supersonic misses or fails you, deal with it. :) For every time Supersonic misses twice in a row, Yanma gets upset and steals either 20 of your most expensive pokeballs, or 10 of your most expensive items from your bag and uses Supersonic on them (equals trashing them as they scatter due to the high pitch). He is really, really, really trying to prove his strength and finally believes the only way to do so is by solo'ing Bruno by using Supersonic. Remember, no resetting, deal with it! (you might want to consider buying some revives and Elixers / Ethers)

GL

Celever

i am town
Note: The challange Omnivore gave me is too big, so I have to have a 2 post compendium. Possibly even 3!
Offbeat the Krabby by Omnivore:
Catch him in Cherrygrove as soon as you get the OldRod. But do not damage it, otherwise OffBeat will turn against you (will be specified if you want it)
This is a very special Krabby: Being the most intelligent Krabby around, it knows the type chart by hard.
It only uses super effective attacks or “status” moves of which he has to know at least two (mud sport, harden, protect, ...)
This special Krabby will not leave your party before at least evolving. Up to the point where you meet the evolution criteria, it will hold the mighty Everstone Item.
OffBeat does not learn physical moves upon level up as those are too cheap for him and it does not learn moves by TM or HM unless otherwise stated.
Its´ first encounter with Pokemon outside of Cherrygroves coast disturbs him very much.
To feel safe enough in battle, it immediately uses every known nondamaging move whenever you switch him in before attacking for the first time.
The bugs and birds from rt 40 make him hate those types for his whole life.
Every encounter with those types (wild, trainer-owned, your own flying/bug types in double battles) triggers the following reaction:
as long as he knows a super effective move against those types you will switch him in to faint this Pokemon
every time it does not know a super effective move he will get +2 level for being frustrated
= +2*m level for evolution with m the number of such situations
if it faints instead of the bug/ bird he gets +4 level for evolving being even more frustrated
= +4*n level
Krabbys evolution happens at the modified level (31+2*m+4*n) when he proves his special skills in Pokeathlon.
In at least all four skill based events - lamp jump, snow throw, pennant capture and goal roll- it needs to get acknowledged to be the most special Pokemon around and win the overall competitions where those events occur.
Krabby will get movepool changes under certain conditions or after impressive achievements:
If he defeats every bug or flying type in Azalea Town he gets Rock Tomb. That´s the only way to defeat bugs and flying types without letting them struggle to death by the way, so do not skip that chance too easily.
OffBeat loves the special techniques found in FreakTown aka Mahagony City, teach him Whirlpool and Hail immediately and give him Thief as soon as a spot for physical moves gets free.
After evolving it feels the heavy disbalance of his training and is now accepting movepool changes more easily:
The minimum of known “status” moves gets lowered to zero.
Legendary tasks: If OffBeat defeats a legendary Pokemon or the highest leveled Pokemon of a major opponent(TeamRocket, Gym, Rival), you can choose to learn one move without restrictions.
Remember to give him Thief for the first free moveslot after visiting Mahagony.
Pride keeps the restriction for using only super effective moves or “status” moves in battle and the hate for Bugs and Flying types after evolving. Instead of LevelUp points it now gains FrustrationPoints whenever it does not defeat one of those damned Bugs or Birds.
10 Frustration Points: have him keep at least one “status” moves
20 Frustration Points: have him keep at least two “status” moves
30 Frustration Points: have him keep at least three “status” moves
40 Frustration Points: Let him learn Frustration and keep three “status” moves
After gaining at least 10 Frustration Points you can decide to forfeit the chance to get a move for legendary tasks and lower the Counter by 10 instead.
Have Fun!

Hitmonjynx the Jynx, by an inconsistent Solner:
Take Hitmonjynx the Jynx. You should be able to see what it is going to try to do, judging by it's name. Yes, it wants to be the first female Tyrogue evolution. As such it limits itself to only physical moves, no special or status moves besides fake tears. To train her muscles she holds onto an iron ball, with which she will never go into battle without. She wants to get good at physical moves, but whenever someone hits her with one she normally will cry a little. So anytime a physical attack hits jynx you must use fake tears. Special attacks are dirty, so she will use double slap on any who hit her with a special move. Both of these restrictions only apply for the first time she is hit against any individual pokemon, else Jynx would never win a battle. After soloing Will (this solo is optional) Hitmonjynx realizes that the powers of the mind are actually useful, because thinking in a fight is important, so she can learn only one non STAB special attack, or one status attack. She also realizes that bringing training equipment into every battle is kind of stupid, so he stops holding the iron ball. Her final challenge will be to solo Sabrina's gym, to prove that physical fighting is overall better to cheap tricks.
Figure I should summarize this one:
-Hitmonjynx the Jynx
-Only can use physical moves
-Must use fake tears after being hit by a physical attack
-Must use double slap after being hit by a special attack
-Must hold the iron ball (can be found in mt. Mortar, but honestly anything that lowers speed works)
-After soloing Will (If you so choose) the above restriction is removed, and one non STAB special move may be learned
-Solo Sabrina's gym

Part 1:
February 11th 2013
OMG OMG OMG This is like totally amazing! I’m writing this in an actual pokemon centre! Can you believe it!!! Right now I am stroking this lovely Slugma I got from a fairly… strange man. Enough about my amazing evening though, let’s go through my day!!!

So, like all days, it began in my bed. It was my awesome day though – finally 10! However this wasn’t as special for me as it is most 10 years olds, as my “friend” Ethan had taken the starter pokemon the prof had ready for me! I know that yesterday, so today wasn’t really looking good for me. My mom, knowing I was down, did everything she could to cheer me up. She bought me this brand new 3DS, and since the games from my favourite series, teen-life, were coming up in October – more specifically X and Y – I was pretty darn happy actually! So, Mom told me that my horrible friend and her horrible Marril were here earlier, and I missed them. Just as well, don’t want them to mess up my birthday! She did however tell me that the prof wants to see me. Probably more fake apologies, but anywho I went.

Hey Celever, you’re…uh… looking nice today. Either this is up for more apologies, or I’ll be one of those skinny ladies I saw on a programme I was not supposed to watch! My immediate though going into that. I want to give you a pokemon! Ni-i-ice! Well, I like the color red, you see, so I figured that I should go with Cyndaquil! Cyndaquil let out a small bit of fire out of his back when I caught him, so I figured I should. Then the prof got an e-mail, and told me to go. Apparently he was too busy with his research, however whenever I go into the lab all he is doing is standing in the exact some place. I never was good at science, but I’m pretty sure that isn’t research. At least that’s what Mom Mrs. Handingvellish said when I asked her.

Anyway Mr. Pokemon was nice when I got there, and he gave me the most ordinary looking egg I have ever seen in my whole entire life! Anyway, when I got out of the house the prof phoned and told me.. its.. uh.. terrible! I thought I removed all the mirrors in his house! Ah well, he told me to get back quickly, but on the way back this red-haired dude came and battled me. :D He was beautiful! He looked so damn hot I went and told my Mom at home about it and she was so excited too when I showed her a picture and it was oh my gosh!!! And guess what? He’s a bad boy!!!! OH MY GOSH HE’S A BAD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, he stole a pokemon. THAT’S WHY HE’S A BAD BOY!!!!!! I really want to run into him again, and he told me his name was Bob. Nice, I like Bob.

Anyway, the prof told me to go take the pokemon challenge. It was an awesome idea, so here I am in cherrygrove now! I did unfortunately put Cyndy in the PC, she fought with Sluggish straight away! Ah well, the main thing that happened after I ran into the love of my life was actually my first member of my permanent team, as far as I can see at least. Anyway, I’m done writing now. I am like so excited for tomorrow though!

Part 2
931 word update, hope it is enough for you!
12th February 2013

OMG, this has been such an eventful day! Sluggish was really powerful this morning, but we need to start off with a total bummer. The gym was closed! :( But that creepy guy told me it would be a nice idea to train over in the bellsprout tower. He forgot to tell me where it was though! D: That was totally mean of him! Anyway, after finding the tower this bald guy came and battled me! Well I realized this would be a great way to train my lovely level 4 slugma (which I named Sluggish by the way due to his slightly derpish look :P) and it was, but the way that Sluggish came through for me is something totally worth writing about!!!

So this guy had all these mean bellsprout! Sluggish was fairly tired, so he began yawning! Luckily though, the bellsprout began yawning too and eventually fell asleep! Anyway, Sluggish kept on firing smog after smog at bellsprout, and after he yawned 2 more times and had a potion used on him he finally managed to take down the bellsprout. The next bellsprout came in, and the same tactic took place. Suddenly though, Sluggish ran out of gas and couldn’t fire smog any more. He got incredibly dis-heartened and just kept on putting the bellsprout to sleep, even when he was sleeping. Even more suddenly he couldn’t yawn either and he just kept on struggling! He kept on going! That is what you must admire him for. Eventually, he actually took out the guy’s second bellsprout with the struggling somehow. But he had another bellsprout! Well, admiring the poor little guy, I ran on and gave him a potion, and I think that Sluggish, feeling new-found strength, managed to take out the bellsprout with 2 especially powerful struggles, the second one being a critical hit! That is truly spectacular, and I am now training Sluggish against wild pokemon to try and get it to learn a new move. I don’t want Sluggish to have to go through that again!

While training, I decided to go back to the prof, to show him my amazing Slugma. I explained to him about how he is Sluggish, but the prof was examining her somehow. Elm explained that ever pokemon has individual values, or IVs, and that he is an expert on them. Apparently the more IVs a pokemon has in a certain aspect then the better it is at that aspect, and right now the highest IVs in one aspect you can get is 31. He managed to tell me Sluggish’s IVs, they are.
HP 26
Atk 25
Def 11
Sp.A 18
Sp.D 11
Spd 18
I don’t know, I just find them pretty neat. It’s interesting how even though Sluggish has loads more physically attacking IVs, when it does things using special attack it is still slightly stronger! Ah well, later in the day, against a wild Hoppip, Slugma was finishing the unfortunate thing off with another smog… a smog on fire! I took Slugma back to the prof to check that everything was ok, but the prof told me that Sluggish wasn’t just fine, he was great. He learned a new move called ember. It seems so much stronger than smog, so I will be using that from now on I think.

Feeling new hope for Sluggish, I went back to bellsprout tower, and proceeded to KO all of the monks in there with Sluggish’s ember! It was beautiful! Something of note did happen though; Sluggish threw a rock and a quick call to the prof told me it was an attack called rock throw! This would have really been great, but the prof told me that when he examined her for IVs he found that Sluggish can only throw these rocks once a day! What a total bummer. He explained that it really tires her out though, so I’ve decided it would be cruel to put Sluggish through that! After that, I found out that the gym was open again so I went and fought Falkner. The battles are so fun and awesome so I will post a rough log in here so I can remember it!
Level 9 Pidgey versus level 11 Sluggish!
Turn 1:
Pidgey used tackle!
Sluggish used ember! A critical hit!
Pidgey fainted
Sluggish grew to level 12!

Turn 2:
Falkner sent out level 13 Pidgeotto!
Level 13 Pidgeotto versus level 12 Sluggish!
Pidgeotto used tackle!
Sluggish used Ember!

Turn 3:
Pidgeotto used Roost
Pidgeotto restored HP!
Sluggish used Ember!

Turn 4:
Pidgeotto used gust!
Sluggish used Ember!
Pidgeotto was burned!

Turn 5:
Celever used a potion!
Sluggish restored HP!
Pidgeotto used Gust!
Pidgeotto was hurt by its burn!

Turn 6:
Pidgeotto used gust!
Sluggish used Ember!
Pidgeotto was hurt by its burn!
Pidgeotto fainted!
Celever beat Falkner!

Wow, I was like so lucky in that fight! Sorry, I shouldn’t say I, it was Sluggish doing all the work! Sluggish managed to get a critical hit first turn and even burned down Falkner’s Pidgeotto. My heart skipped a beat however, since I forgot to get potions and only had the one! Good job Sluggish, you deserved those extra poffins and getting to stay up out of your pokeball late.

Let’s just see what tomorrow holds! :D

My team and my comments:
Sluggish the female Slugma
- Yawn
- Ember
- Smog
- rock throw
Sluggish has done so much today, after struggling 2 bellsprout to death in the morning to burning and critting against Falkner just now. Well done, my friend.

@celever, the hide tag containing my challenge is empty...

Also, Alice in Strings, "attempting" as in, until it faints? Well, you should be able to at least solo Cranidos then, although that will make the challenge considerably easier. On the other hand, I don't really mind, it is about you having a good time, so I'd say go ahead and only solo Cranidos if you think that is better.

@CJorex
sorry, thought I read everything through
Have nutella solo any other elite four member of your choice, or three of your rivals in the final battle.
Okay, edited. I still need 2 more, and so far I am stuck with 2 pokemon until Koga. I really would like to use Horsea (no other Water-type will do) as well as something else available by Celadon (I am willing to go ahead to catch Pokemon)
Check my OP throygh my signature for the rules.

inanimate blob, sorry, but I have to reject that challenge. It doesn't fit the guidelines mentioned in the initial post (Video Game character related). If you could give me a Shinx that /is/ related to a Video Game Character, then I'll accept the challenge.

Present: Yowch, that's a doozy of a challenge. Looks like I might be in for a rough time against Geodude and Onix using only Fire type moves (Unlike Brock, they pack STAB Super Effective hits against the not-so bulky Chimchar). May I change it to "attempt to Solo Roark using only Axel?". Otherwise accepted.
Oh, whoops, guess I skimmed. :P

Take Pit the Shinx. Now, as you may know, Pit has Palutena's Bow, which shoots arrows of light. As such, Pit is limited to a few moves - Electric-type moves and Normal-type moves.

Solo a Gym leader to evolve the first time, and solo a Galactic Boss for Palutena, since she sent you on a quest to rid the world of evil.

Additionally, you must solo Giratina using solely Electric moves, which Palutena convinced you was a demon that can only be vanquished by the arrows of light.

Celever

i am town
February 11th 2013
OMG OMG OMG This is like totally amazing! I’m writing this in an actual pokemon centre! Can you believe it!!! Right now I am stroking this lovely Slugma I got from a fairly… strange man. Enough about my amazing evening though, let’s go through my day!!!

So, like all days, it began in my bed. It was my awesome day though – finally 10! However this wasn’t as special for me as it is most 10 years olds, as my “friend” Ethan had taken the starter pokemon the prof had ready for me! I know that yesterday, so today wasn’t really looking good for me. My mom, knowing I was down, did everything she could to cheer me up. She bought me this brand new 3DS, and since the games from my favourite series, teen-life, were coming up in October – more specifically X and Y – I was pretty darn happy actually! So, Mom told me that my horrible friend and her horrible Marril were here earlier, and I missed them. Just as well, don’t want them to mess up my birthday! She did however tell me that the prof wants to see me. Probably more fake apologies, but anywho I went.

Hey Celever, you’re…uh… looking nice today. Either this is up for more apologies, or I’ll be one of those skinny ladies I saw on a programme I was not supposed to watch! My immediate though going into that. I want to give you a pokemon! Ni-i-ice! Well, I like the color red, you see, so I figured that I should go with Cyndaquil! Cyndaquil let out a small bit of fire out of his back when I caught him, so I figured I should. Then the prof got an e-mail, and told me to go. Apparently he was too busy with his research, however whenever I go into the lab all he is doing is standing in the exact some place. I never was good at science, but I’m pretty sure that isn’t research. At least that’s what Mom Mrs. Handingvellish said when I asked her.

Anyway Mr. Pokemon was nice when I got there, and he gave me the most ordinary looking egg I have ever seen in my whole entire life! Anyway, when I got out of the house the prof phoned and told me.. its.. uh.. terrible! I thought I removed all the mirrors in his house! Ah well, he told me to get back quickly, but on the way back this red-haired dude came and battled me. :D He was beautiful! He looked so damn hot I went and told my Mom at home about it and she was so excited too when I showed her a picture and it was oh my gosh!!! And guess what? He’s a bad boy!!!! OH MY GOSH HE’S A BAD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, he stole a pokemon. THAT’S WHY HE’S A BAD BOY!!!!!! I really want to run into him again, and he told me his name was Bob. Nice, I like Bob.

Anyway, the prof told me to go take the pokemon challenge. It was an awesome idea, so here I am in cherrygrove now! I did unfortunately put Cyndy in the PC, she fought with Sluggish straight away! Ah well, the main thing that happened after I ran into the love of my life was actually my first member of my permanent team, as far as I can see at least. Anyway, I’m done writing now. I am like so excited for tomorrow though!

Can't wait to see you struggle celever, I might like these super hard challenges almost as much as you might, as long as the updates are nice, which I do not doubt will be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)