Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Sure you can Dodgerr, I said in OP that I will accept up to 2 scramblemons per person, and I've only gotten Noise so far from you.

Recap of scramblemons so far: (7/12)
Zelda (Ralts) and Samus (Pikachu) - Shiruba
Kipples (Mudkip) and Sidekick (Shroomish) - Clutch
Clingy (Tentacool) - Inanimate blob
Blank (Solrock) - Unoriginal Name
Noise (Whismur) - Dodgerr

Preferably 3rd gen pokes, ppl! 3-5 more to go!

Link in sig for details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unoriginal Name, I just noticed. Your challange clashes with... itself. What will Blank do vs Tate&Liza?

I think that it's better for him not to participate at all, because now that I realized the problem, there are already two pokemon who must participate: Samus and Sidekick. Any objections?

Reserving one for Exbo.

I'll give you a Pokemon that I quite enjoyed using in my Scramble, and one I hope you will enjoy to.

Take Murum the Torkoal.

Abandoned by his/her family, bullied and living in the harsh conditions of Fiery Path have taught Murum not to trust anyone, even you. He/She is skeptical of every thing you try to heal him/her with, except for berries, because he/she knows they are natural. However, he/she will not trust you to use them on him, and he must use them himself/herself in battle. Basically, Murum can only be healed using berries, that he/she uses himself/herself. (And I believe that on an emulator clock-based events don't work, so be careful.)

Now to introduce the trust mechanic. Every time Murum, KO's a boss's Pokemon (any Pokemon; Magma Admin Tabitha's Zubat to Wallace's Milotic, as long as a boss owns it, it counts) his/her trust meter builds and he grows more confident. So he/she starts at 0 and gains +1 for every boss Pokemon he/she defeats.

0-2: Can only be healed using berries that he/she holds.
3-5: Will accept berries from you in battle.
6: Will accept berries from you inside and outside of battle
7-8: Will accept man-made HP healing items from you (except Full Restores)
9: Will accept man-made status/PP healing items from you (except Full Restores)
10: Completely trusts you, will accept any and all healing items from you, except Revives (this is a Nuzlocke after all).

Note: These do stack, so at rank 10, you can still use berries on the overworld if you wish.

I know this sounds kind of hard, but you'd be surprised by how capable Torkoal is. It shouldn't be too hard, but I am known for giving challanges that are deceptively hard. So if you find it's out of your difficulty level, let me know.

Torkoal named Murum.
Everytime it KO's a boss Pokemon, trust meter builds by one.
0-2: Can only be healed using berries that he/she holds.
3-5: Will accept berries from you in battle.
6: Will accept berries from you inside and outside of battle
7-8: Will accept man-made HP healing items from you (except Full Restores)
9: Will accept man-made status/PP healing items from you (except Full Restores)
10: Completely trusts you, will accept any and all healing items from you, except Revives (this is a Nuzlocke after all).

GL;HF.

Edit: Clutch, take Warrior the Poliwag. Warrior wants to become the best warrior in the entirety of Johto! As a Poliwag, he may only use physical attacking moves. He may evolve into Poliwhirl whenever you wish, but as soon as he does, he may only use Fighting Type, Physical Attacking Moves. To evolve into Poliwrath, he must solo Chuck's Poliwrath. As a Poliwrath, he acknowledges the strength of Chuck's Poliwrath so must learn Dynamic Punch. All other restrictions are maintained for the duration of your game. Hope this is okay.

D
I just realised as a Poliwhirl I can only use Rock Smash until beating Chuck, whose Poliwrath he needs to solo. That is going to be a nightmare!

Reserving one for Exbo.
Take Murum the Torkoal.
[...]
GL;HF.
First of all, grats on the completd run.

On topic: cool, another pokemon! Murum the Torkoal accepted!

The awesome part so far is that many of these are pokemon I haven't done story runs with yet. So far Shroomish, Whismur, Solrock, and Torkoal.

I'll need a flyer too, guys!

First of all, grats on the completd run.
Thanks, and good luck with your one.

So, my Emerald challange was pretty fun, (except for the part when I went on a month long hiatus because forcing myself to grind was hard) but Hoenn, is one of my least favourite regions.

With that in mind: I would like to do a HeartGold Sramble now.
-I can trade, but I only want to trade for evolution, not to get Pokemon that cannot be obtained in-game.

- Hard difficulty (just keep in mind, if it's going to be grind heavy, it will slow down the rate that I can update.)

- I will be finished when I defeat Red, so this means, 8 Johto badges, e4, 8 Kanto badges & elite 4 rematches. (Please no 'solo Red' challanges. Solo'ing a specific Pokemon on his team is okay though.)

- 6 Pokemon, please try to keep type overlap to a minimum. (I had two pure Normal types in Emerald, and together they were quite redundant.)

- As I'll be doing Kanto, I will accept Pokemon from there. With two rules: I want at least 4 Pokemon before battling Lance the first time, and if you want to give me a Hoenn Sound Pokemon, no: Whismur, Makuhita or Spinda.

Thanks in advance.

Latebreaking news: my White 2 mono-water squad finished up all post-game content, excluding all legendary Pokémon except Latias and Regirock (both of whom I caught in Master Balls), but including the entire White Treehollow. They are roughly Level 80 now. And who says my Yaiba couldn't evolve into Samurott? She did so by effectively soloing post-game Colress (hence the other Master Ball). Post-game content wasn't considered part of the scramble.

Recec, you're getting a taste of one of these 'Mons. Which one, you ask? Illuminate the Staryu. It must have the Illuminate Ability. It must evolve into Starmie starting at Level 40. May learn Surf whenever, but cannot learn Thunder/T-bolt or Blizzard/Ice Beam until you reach Kanto for the first time (Route 27, not Vermilion City). Must solo at least three Gym Leaders, at least two of which must be in Kanto. Also solo at least four E4/Lance Pokémon in each round. Doing this in Round 2 unlocks Psychic. It must be exactly Level 100 when you face Red, and must lead off and solo his Pikachu. Good luck!

Tits, you get Eager the Sentret.

Eager is always keen to battle, and so will always be at the head of your party. Whenever you enter a battle against a wild mon at a level lower than yours, you may not escape, unless you first switch Eager out, or attack at least once. If they are at your level or over, Eager understands it may be a tough battle and has the choice to run right away. He/she must always know Quick Attack, and, when available, Me First. As he is eager to fight, Eager's other two attacks must be direct attacks, physical or special I do not care. Eager must solo a Gym leader of your choice in order to evolve. As a Furret, the wild battle restriction does a flip, so he/she must battle when the enemy mon is his/her level or above, not below.

Have fun!

Also thanks so much Exbo!! (down two posts)

Alright Exbo, take Player the Wingull.
This Wingull is a bit of a cheeky player, and totally enjoys getting with other Wingull, or any other pokemon for that matter. He must learn Attract as soon as possible, and keep it as part of his moveset. To evolve, he must breed with 5 other Wingull! Not one Wingull five times, but five different female Wingull!

Hope this is okay :P

Also, I bring regrettable the news that last night Fizzyduck the Psyduck got killed by Cheren's Lillipup. :( I'm now down to five pokemon, so I'm accepting any new offers for my story driven, Black 2 Scramblocke. Currently in Virbank city and I'd like a pokemon I can get fairly soon :)

Cheers,

D

If you have a mouse, wheel-click the # number on the top right corner of the post, if not, right click with the d-pad and open in new tab

Go to the new tab, the top should read "View single post"

Copy link in adress bar

Create/edit post or User CP -> Edit signature

Write "Heartgold OP". Highlight text.

Click on insert link (globe with chains/googles in toolbar)

Paste

????

Profit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dodgerr:
Oh you sly bastard. You sly, sly, SLY bastard. Will accept Player, but can you be a tiny bit more specific about backstory/restrictions? I mean, the ONLY restriction so far is that 1/4 moves will always be attract.

Are you asking for more restrictions Exbo? :P
I'll write up some more detailed backstory later, I'm just about to go out, but for now lets say that Player must ONLY use Attract against female pokemon, because he's just that desperate for female attention.

Anything else you want. Dodgerr, take Savage the Basculin (red striped).
Savage hates blue striped Basculin. As such, he must always solo any red Basculin he sees. Shouldn't be too restrictive against other pokemon as noone cares about Basculin :( Also, he must always know at least one recoil move and at least one biting move. Finally, he must be the one to lead in any body of water you have to surf through.

Bonus: If he succesfully soloes Marlon's Jellicent while underleveled by 3 at least, he may switch the recoil move with Thrash, and let all hell break loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Tits, what game? If you want us to suggest that too, go with FR/LG (there are already too many johto runs)

Sorry to be a pain Exbo, but I'd rather have a pokemon that can evolve? I'm fine with the vague idea of the challange if you can alter it for a new pokemon.

Cheers pal.

Anything else you want. Dodgerr, take Savage the Basculin (red striped).
Savage hates blue striped Basculin. As such, he must always solo any red Basculin he sees. Shouldn't be too restrictive against other pokemon as noone cares about Basculin :( Also, he must always know at least one recoil move and at least one biting move. Finally, he must be the one to lead in any body of water you have to surf through.

Bonus: If he succesfully soloes Marlon's Jellicent while underleveled by 3 at least, he may switch the recoil move with Thrash, and let all hell break loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Tits, what game? If you want us to suggest that too, go with FR/LG (there are already too many johto runs)
Lets go with HG

Fine, but you should have said so in OP. Will do in a while because it's H/W time (yay!). Reserving a water type for Dodgerr.

Dodgerr, take Greg the Sunkern.

Greg is a pretty passive mon, and so of his four attacks 3 must not be directly and attacking, and the attacking move must be less than 80 BP.

To be able to evolve, Greg must solo Roxie's Koffing, Burgh's Swadloon & Dwebble, and Elesa's Emolga.

Also, as a bonus, if Greg solos Skyla's Skarmory, he is able to learn another attacking move with whatever BP you want.

Have fun! Also just let me know if that's too many Gym leaders or if people have already soloed them, I can change it

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Reserving for all challenges up right now, Tits, Exbo and Dodgerr (if you don't mind, as you killed my original challenge already >:(). Also I'm not sure if you need another pokemon rn Clutch, if you do I'll reserve for you as well.

Exbo take Apple pie the marril. Apple pie watched Marriland's emerald nuzlocke, in fact he was on the team for a little time, and hates all of the members marriland had die on him or used in the end, since he got replaced by Spaggheti (bad spaggheti!). This means that apple pie must come in on every: Torchic, combusken, blaziken, tentacool, tentacruel, numel, camerupt, Gulpin, Swalot, Illumise, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Geodude, Graveller, Golem, Carvahnna, Sharpedo, Zubat (fun right?), Golbat (Even more fun! :D), Crobat, Magikarp, Gyarados (the bad guy), Oddish, Gloom, Bellossom, Vileplume, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Magnemite, Magneton, Spheal, Sealeo AND Walrein and then must KO them.
Since Marriland beat the champion, he of course is the new one so if Apple pie lives so long he must solo Wallace as he is Marriland.
Apple pie also wants to live up to Gyarados, so like Gyarados did in the finale Apple pie must kill 2 of your pokemon.

Enjoy! :D

Tits Mcgee take Dickpinch2 the Pinsir. (I wonder if you have noticed I watch LPs with these two challenges :P)
Dickpinch2 must take on every male pokemon owned by a notable trainer, (gym leader, rival, E4, champion) unless it collides with another challenge. Aka, this is the least prioritized rule of your challenge. On all of the pokemon he comes in on, he must use vicegrip at least once as soon as he learns it. Furthermore, since it is only interested in pinching dicks it may never be in battle with a female pokemon.
And Dickpinch2 must be female as well, if you watched marriland's wedlocke you would know pokemon can't be gay.
I'll just give you one last restriction in that dickpinch2 must help you catch every pokemon after you catch her herself. If she faints while you are catching the pokemon then you will have to kill the pokemon. Just because wynaut?

Enjoy! :D

I'll wait for Dodgerr to tell me I can give him another one, since I have already.

Hey guys, I just found this and it seems pretty fun, so I'd like to start a scramble for Soul Silver. I'd like it to be as hard as possible, but not too grind heavy. So I'm fine with something like solo Lance with a chikorita or something, but not be level 70 when fighting elite 4 for the first time or something.

I can't trade, and I'd prefer not to breed, so none of that please.

The Team so Far:
-Roger the Ekans
-STRONGTH the Cyndaquil

Roger is very proud of his status as a Poison type Pokemon, and hates that others are similar to him. Thus, he must solo every other Poison type Pokemon, except for other Ekans and Arbok because he is kind of racist that way. He must also use Glare as an opener for all those poison type enemies. Note: Roger must know and keep Glare ;) He must be taught, as fast as possible, Dig, which you can get at the National Park, because he wants to use it against Poison types. Another of his attacks must be Poison type, and physical, just because. He must solo Chuck, and (since their mons are poison) Morty & Koga.

In order to evolve into Arbok, Roger must solo 50 Poison type mons, and 3 mons from Gym leaders he is not soloing.
Nemsus, take your starter, a Cyndaquil and name it STRONGTH (yes in all caps.) This Cyndaquil is so STRONGTH that it doesn't need super effective moves, so it may never use them. Also, it believes in its own STRONGTH so much that it may never learn moves over 70 BP. STRONGTH wants to be the strongest fire type ever, so solo Clair with only Fire type moves, and solo Pryce without fire type moves. Also, solo Lance with only fire moves.

Latebreaking news: my White 2 mono-water squad finished up all post-game content, excluding all legendary Pokémon except Latias and Regirock (both of whom I caught in Master Balls), but including the entire White Treehollow. They are roughly Level 80 now. And who says my Yaiba couldn't evolve into Samurott? She did so by effectively soloing post-game Colress (hence the other Master Ball). Post-game content wasn't considered part of the scramble.

Recec, you're getting a taste of one of these 'Mons. Which one, you ask? Illuminate the Staryu. It must have the Illuminate Ability. It must evolve into Starmie starting at Level 40. May learn Surf whenever, but cannot learn Thunder/T-bolt or Blizzard/Ice Beam until you reach Kanto for the first time (Route 27, not Vermilion City). Must solo at least three Gym Leaders, at least two of which must be in Kanto. Also solo at least four E4/Lance Pokémon in each round. Doing this in Round 2 unlocks Psychic. It must be exactly Level 100 when you face Red, and must lead off and solo his Pikachu. Good luck!
...100... level 100?... k then.
I guess Illuminate is on the team.

Nemusus, take Roger the Ekans.

Roger is very proud of his status as a Poison type Pokemon, and hates that others are similar to him. Thus, he must solo every other Poison type Pokemon, except for other Ekans and Arbok because he is kind of racist that way. He must also use Glare as an opener for all those poison type enemies. Note: Roger must know and keep Glare ;) He must be taught, as fast as possible, Dig, which you can get at the National Park, because he wants to use it against Poison types. Another of his attacks must be Poison type, and physical, just because. He must solo Chuck, and (since their mons are poison) Morty & Koga.

In order to evolve into Arbok, Roger must solo 50 Poison type mons, and 3 mons from Gym leaders he is not soloing.

Hope it's hard enough

EDIT: No thanks celever, I've already got Scrambled the Illumise from you, he's about to jump in after I'm able to get trading!

Thanks, Clutch, that seems perfect

I wanna see how long I can resist using dig after I teach it to Roger though. Morty's Gengar is gonna be fun :)

Also, are there any evolution restrictions on Roger or can he become a bad ass Arbok ASAP?

Recec, look at it this way. You'll have something overleveled for your scramble. Isn't that a good thing?
There's a difference between over leveled and... this.

It's all part of the challange I s'pose.
It's just that I haven't ever gotten a Pokemon to level 100 since my Kyogre, and that was at least 8 years ago, and I remember it taking for ever. But (I hope) Starmie's in a smaller experience group, so shouldn't be as bad... right?

On an unrelated note, I'm going to make a new OP (if that makes sense) for this scramble in the morning. Coz I don't think it's that clear that I asked for a new challange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)