Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I would accept this, but Screwup already has to solo Wally's Mega Gallade. For now, I'll change that to his entire team MINUS M-Gallade. Is that okay?
Oh. Yeah sure.
I like people who like hard ones! Mine are usually pretty hard, but a lot of people request medium which aren't that fun imo.

Take Mrs. Hive the Vespiquen. You have to give a female Combee the Exp. Share and not use it until it evolves into Vespiquen. You may not delay this, nor remove the Exp. Share until it has evolved. (Tip start assembling Combee while hunting for a female one :|). Vespiquen may never leave the team.

This Vespiquen is building up an army of male Combee! The more male Combee she gets (aka you caught), the more powerful she becomes! The amount of male Combee she has decides what she can do. C = Amount of Combee, If you have any "Order" attack, you can add Five Combee.

Turns until you need to switch out: C
Maximum BP your moves can have together: 10C
Maximum PP your moves can have together: 100-C
Items you can use per battle: C:10-0.5
Amount of Pokemon you can have in your team: C:5

So catch as many Combee as you can!

That's not all! You asked for very hard difficulty, so a little "Side Quest" wouldn't be enough!

Vespiquen is a queen! She has to be protected by her army. So they can't just be little pushovers. They will be tested! Once during the game, you'll have to solo a Gym Leader with your Combee Army. You must have at least one Combee and Vespiquen in your team. You may carry other Pokemon with you during the fight, but they may not be send out, or you'll have to soft reset / lose on purpose. Vespiquen may be send out during the battle, but may not be damaged in any way, or you lose and you'll have to soft reset / lose on purpose as well. The Combee will have to do the work! You'll have to release all the Combee that failed to protect the queen, as they aren't able to guard her.

Finally if she faints, she is gonna blame your teammates. The first time she'll just bitch for a little while, but the second time is serious. You will have to release the current lead in your team. She gets so upset that she just kicks him out, he's too lowly for her. If you lose all other 5 Pokemon, you'll have to solo with Vespiquen (And the Combee army if you want!)

Yeah, this is quite hard, but that's what you requested! ;)
Wow. That's pretty damn hard. Accepted!

I think I'm going with Volkner? Idk

I'm gonna start another sctamble because I didn't get enough Mona and I didn't like some of their challenges. I would like a white 1 scramble now, only requirements are that I have a starter, nothing too hard pretty much medium difficulty, can't trade, and not requiring having to grind a lot.
Umm.. let's see... Ok, take TRAINZ the Oshawott. He likes TRAINZ and therefore wants to battle the battle subway. To evolve into Dewott, solo 3 battles with just TRAINZ. After evolving, he likes boats even more. Rename him BOATZ. BOATZ hates the Driftveil Drawbridge because he can't ride the boat to get across. Therefore, solo 15 Ducklett on the Drawbridge. Use all the wings you find on the drawbridge on BOATZ. Later, when he sees Skyla's Swanna, he gets angry. He must solo it. Then, he can evolve into Samurott. As Samurott, he likes planes more. Rename him PLANEZ. PLANEZ wants to revisit the Mistralton Gym over and over again, so after you beat Brycen, Fly back to Mistralton and redo the puzzle, then leave. Repeat the process after you beat Iris. Whoops, I forgot a restriction. His restriction is he may not be revived during battle.

Last edited:
Part One is up! Meh. Basically, Screw-Up is completely useless, and I am forced to rely on my Mudkip.
Begin Scramble
The mons:
Alright, Phione, you get Junior the Machop. Junior is a rookie fighter with dreams of one day being a star, so you must help him to train! So first and foremost, Junior must solo all Black Belts and Battle Girls you come across. However, because he is still a rookie, he is unskilled in martial arts and may not use any attacks above 50 BP. Once Junior soloes Norman, he feels he has finally figured out a piece of this whole "fighting" thing and may now evolve into Machoke and use attacks up to 80 BP. However, because Junior is still young, his body simply lacks the energy capacity to evolve into Machamp at any time during your run nor use attacks that are above 80 BP.

Alright Phione, take Screw-Up the Shedinja.

Screw-Up is not happy because he was boxed during my Omega Ruby run, and so he hates me. My favorite type is Psychic, so he must solo all Psychic types. I ditched him for Latios, so you may not use the Soaring feature while Screw-Up is in the party. Here comes the hard one: Solo Primal Groudon. After that, his anger is growing, so he must solo 20 Pokemon after the Eighth gym. Finally, solo Wally's Mega Gallade.

Hey! You get Agin'? the Roselia. Roselia has Progeria, a disease that accelerates your aging progress. The older Roselia gets, the less power it has.

You can only use moves that have a lower Base Power than 100 - [Current Level]. So, the higher your level, the lower your maximum base power can be.
It may only evolve into Roserade after it has soloed a Gym Leader.
Once its a Roserade it must keep the moves it evolved with.

Phione take WinMe the Grimer.

* WinMe cannot be used in any major battle (Gym Leader, Elite 4, Wally, Brendan/May, Team Magma admins) until such time as you win a Pokemon Contest using him. After all, you do have to win him.
* However, the name doesn't just say "win me." It is also the abbreviation for Windows Millennium Edition; as such, WinMe must solo all Electric-types not already being soloed.
* In addition, WinMe must solo every Pokemon he is sent in against. No switch training here! Also, no Double Battles.
* Finally, no evolution restrictions. You can keep him as a Grimer or evolve him to Muk at any time.

Phione for your Omega Ruby Scramble, I give you:

Cosplay Pikachu!

Cosplay Pikachu cannot learn or forget any moves. You must use the moves it has when you get it. They only way for it to change movesets if to switch costume. You much switch its costume once after every gym and only once after every gym. Pikachu must have used all 5 possible costumes before the elite 4.

Pikachu cannot use items

Your scramblemon will be: a Meditite. Name it Meditate. Meditate loves to, well, meditate. So, it must learn Meditate ASAP and never forget it. As a Meditite he spends two-thirds of his time meditating, so go to random.org and put in 1-3. If you get 1 you don't have to use Meditate. If you get 2 or 3 however you have to use meditate that turn. Solo either Tate or Liza (i.e. Solrock or Lunatone). Then, you may evolve. As a Medicham, he feels he has that Pure Power(lmao), and can now forget meditate. Rename him Power. Power must solo Maxie at the bottom of the Seafloor cavern. Afterwards, his lust for power is growing, so backtrack and get the Medichamite. Equip it to Power. Solo the final Wally battle to prove that Gallade is less viable than Medicham, and that he's got that Power in him.

Birch gives his intro on his little GameBoy blah blah blah. Shut up Professor.
"Are you a boy? Or a girl?"
Hmmm, I think I'll choose Brendan this time.
"And give me your name?"
I'm having a lapse of creativity here, so I'll just go with 'oh'.
Aaand I jump out of a moving truck.
OH MY GOD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

Mom rushes up to me and exclaims, "oh! You're here at last!" Who's she talking to, me or the plush Marill? Oh right, that's my name.

Intro scenes, moving in, etc. etc. Uninteresting.

"Oh! Oh, oh! Oh, oh, come here quickly!"
Calm down, lady. That's a lot of "oh" for one sentence. Wait a second. Oh. I mean oh.

I go to introduce myself to Birch. There's his wife, and she says something about a daughter. I go upstairs.
10/10 fanservice model
She does this weird peek-a-boo thing to figure out my name. Hah. I know you're trying to avoid looking at my ugly 3D model. You can't hide your intentions from me, May.

I go to find Professor Birch being chased by a Poochyena. I choose Mudkip, not that I'm not going to box it anyway, and get in a deadly Tackle fight that Mudkip wins. Birch gives his piece and we all go back so I can go fight May. Mudkip will be nicknamed Fodder. Mean but true.

On the way to May, I KO 1 Wurmple and 1 Zigzagoon. I have 20/23 HP. Should be enough to win, especially since Tackle is stronger than Pound.
3 Tackles later, Treecko is down. That's 1 level for me. May heals up our parties.
Wait a second. You know how to heal in the field? Where can I learn to do this? I wanna be my own Pokémon Center too!!!!!1!!111!!

I go back to the lab and get the Pokédex and Poké Balls. I start leaving Littleroot so I can get out of this tiny place and never come back, but Mom comes to drag me back home or whatever. Oh wait, she's just commenting on my adorable little Fodder. Too bad said adorable little Fodder is going right in the box once I get to Rustboro and get me a Nincada.

May gives me the DexNav, and runs straight up offscreen. Wait, where'd she go? There's a ledge there. How did she get over that? Teleportation? Whatever.

May shows me a Poochyena and I scare it off, since I can't use it. I 2HKO a Wurmple for easy EXP and go onward. On Route 102, I get in my second ever trainer battle (in this run, obviously) against Youngster Calvin and his Zigzagoon!

Which immediately is 2HKOed by Tackle. Easy level-up.

Bug Catcher Rick's Wurmple meets the same fate, as do pretty much all the Pokémon on this route. Fodder is level 9 and has learned Mud-Slap. May points out some Beautifly and I head into Petalburg, and Wally drags me along to catch a Ralts. In the name of Mew, Wally. (I am a confirmed Mewist)

Wally keeps muttering my name. What, already? Wait... He's not saying oh, he's saying oh. Oh. Anyway, he catches the Ralts. Honestly, he really didn't need to weaken it. At such a low level, a Poké Ball would have done the trick right away. Wait a second, Norman only gave him one Poké Ball. How does he have fifteen? Huh.

I go off towards Rustboro, defeating a stray Wingull and entering the forest, successfully dodging that Rich Boy. Wait oh shit it's the Bug Catcher with three Wurmple. Heh, even after a String Shot I still outspeed. I'm at level ten when the battle ends.

After fighting a wild Cascoon, some Team Magma guy has the nerve to challenge ME, the mighty oh! I'll teach him a lesson.

...And there's like some scientist guy who wants his papers back? Whatever. I'll just steal the papers once I beat this guy.

Poochyena wastes his time by Howling when Water Gun is a 2HKO. I level up and get paid, plus I get an Exp. Share. Hey, this scientist has like a pocket Pokémon Center machine! Again, where can I get one of these?

I leave and oh hey it's Zinnia. Anyway, time to get some free berries.

Wow, I actually speed tie with Lady Cindy's Zigzagoon. HOLY SHIT SHE HAS FULL RESTORES ALREADY??!?!!? Where do you even buy those at this point? Luckily Mud-Slap spam worked so I could dodge almost everything.

Ha, and it looks like the twins won't battle you unless you have two Pokémon. Good,mI really don't need a double battle right now. Onward to Route 116 and Screw-Up!

Lass Janice falls to Mud-Slap spam after a while. On my second encounter, a Nincada! AGHHHH CRIT WHY.
Five encounters later, I finally catch Screw-Up. Only level 6. Hmmm. We're gonna need some training. Well, nowhere does it say that I CAN'T train using Fodder... *evillaugh*
Cue the switch training montage.

A while later, Screw-Up is still level eight. I think I'll still be using Fodder until he evolves or I get another party member. Really, I don't think I can make it through Roxanne with a level eight Nincada.

First Gym Trainer falls easily, as do the second and third. Time to face Roxanne.

Roxanne leads with Geodude, while I lead with Nincada to switch train. I switch to Fodder and take a Rock Tomb. I Water Gun, which Geodude survives because of Sturdy, and retaliates with another Rock Tomb. I Mud-Slap as Roxanne Potions. I finish Geodude with a Water-Gun, level-up, and switch to Screw-Up for experience.

Nosepass comes out. I switch and get hit with a Rock Tomb. I take a Rock Tomb and Water Gun, bringing Nosepass to just below half. At 8, I Potion while Nosepass Tackles. I finish it off with Water Gun.

What? Fodder is evolving!
K then. Gah, I wish Screw-Up would stop being so... impossible to use so I could get on with this.

Holy fuck Marshtomp is creepy. He learns Mud Shot and I save the game.

Fodder the Marshtomp
Level 16
- Tackle
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Mud Shot
Definite MVP. Fodder never ceases to please me, running through the game like it is a wet tissue. I will have to dump him once Screw-Up shows progress.

Screw-Up the Nincada
Level 10
- Scratch
- Leech Life
- Growl
- Sand Attack
LVP. Completely useless right now, since Leech Life has a pitiful damage output.

Last edited:
As fun as the Ruby Scramble is, I would like to also have a Scramble I can play when I'm not near the Gamecube. After all, Pokemon is meant to be portable!

Thus, I'd like to start an X Scramble. Legendaries are fair game for Scramblemons, and I can trade from any of my Gen 3+ games (with the exceptions of Ruby and White, which are running challenge files):
  • Sapphire
  • FireRed
  • Diamond
  • HeartGold
  • Black 2
  • Y
  • Alpha Sapphire
I'm not going to be recording this Scramble; I'll probably be doing updates similar to my Yellow Scramble.

WE ARE LEGION

PSDuckie, take Legion the Exeggcute.
Legion is an Exeggcute that only operates when its five heads work in unison and as a legion. As such, if you ever use a move, you must use that same move four more times before switching. You are allowed to trade over a Choice item or a Metronome to capitalize on this restriction if you like.

In addition, the Legion must learn how to Barrage targets with arrows and javelins. Learn Barrage ASAP and never forget it. Barrage is not affected by the repeat clause, since that is a poor tactic strategically.

The Legion is inspired by Rome, and must defeat other empires to prove their strength, and what better target than Team Flare, of which there are a ton? Solo ten Team Flare Grunts to prove your worth in battle. Solo three Team Flare Scientist battles as well to defeat their leaders. You may evolve into Exeggcutor at this point.

As an Exeggcutor, Legion feels that he needs some new troops for battle. Catch a maniple of Exeggcute (a maniple was historically 120 men, and one Exeggcute consists of 5 heads, so catch 24 Exeggcute) and use only them and Legion to solo the final Lysandre battle and finish the Flare empire once and for all (five Exeggcute at a time, obviously). If you lose the battle, release all five Exeggcute you used and take 5 more of them to use when you retry. If you have used up all of your maniple, you must catch another maniple.

Too hard? Too easy? Feel free to change around some restrictions.

PSDuckie, you get Hannibal the Vulpix.

• This Hannibal isn't the cannibal, he's the Carthragan general. He hates Rome, and plots to destroy it and prove himself better than Legion, the roman.
  • He must never have any moves of the same type as Legion or his moves. Thus, he can show them his moves. That they are better moves, that is.
  • Also, in order to prove that he can fight just as good as Legion, after every battle Legion is in, Hannibal must solo the next one. No exceptions, unless the trainer next is a solo. To evolve, Hannibal must solo Ramos with non SE moves.
  • To prove that he can do anything Legion can't, whenever Legion is KOed, Hannible must solo that trainer. If Legion fails to beat Lysander with his first maniple, then Hannibal must create a fire-only team to beat Lysander instead. If he fails, bring on the second maniple, etc.
  • Finally, to prove that he is not, in fact, a cannibal, He cannot learn any physical moves. Ever.
Good Luck!

PSDuckie, take Ali the Ledyba.

Ali always thought he was a team player, but much more of a tough guy. He loves taking on the biggest fighters in the Pokemon world, then pass the benefits on to his team mates. Ali must solo one of Korrina's Lucario, then pass at least one buff to a team mate using baton pass to solo the other Lucario. Following the later gym fight with her, he must learn Power Up Punch and keep both it and Baton Pass.

In order to evolve, it must pass on a +1 to all stats buff from Silver Wind to a team mate which then solo's an entire gym leader. It must then keep Silver Wind.

In summary:

• Solo one of Korrina's Lucario
  • Baton pass at least one buff to a team mate and have it solo the other Lucario.
  • Learn Power Up Punch and keep baton pass.
  • Evolve after baton passing at least a +1 all stats buff from Silver Wind to a team mate who solo's an entire gym leader.
  • Keep Silver Wind.
  • One move of your choosing.

PSDuckie, take Neo the Chespin. Neo is - for lack of a better phrase - a computer nerd, always out to get the latest in technology. Whenever you obtain a TM, if it is possible for Neo to learn it, he must do so. As soon as possible, Neo must have a moveset consisting entirely of TM moves. Neo may evolve into Quilladin once this requirement has been met.

But there's more to Neo than flashy technology and questionable software. He's out looking for answers, and the first clue is found in Shalour City. Solo Korrina's Gym battle.

Fighting against Korrina has opened Neo's eyes; Kalos is nothing but a simulation, a tool to keep Pokemon and humans alike in line. He starts to gain some control over it and eventually can read the very code of Kalos itself. One particular line catches his eye - Bulletproof?! Neo rather likes the sound of that! If a Pokemon uses a move that would be blocked by Bulletproof, Neo must switch in and solo it. Achieving this at least once allows Neo to evolve into Chesnaught.

Finally, Neo must solo all Kadabra and Alakazam, unless this conflicts with another solo. There is no spoon.

In summary:
  • When you obtain a TM, immediately teach it to Neo (if able). HMs don't count for this purpose, but you can teach them if you want.
  • As soon as possible, Neo must always have four TM/HM moves. Neo may not evolve into Quilladin until this requirement has been fulfilled.
  • Solo Korrina's Gym battle.
  • If a Pokemon uses a move that would have been blocked by Bulletproof, Neo must switch in and solo it. Neo may evolve into Chesnaught after this has been done at least once.
  • Solo all Kadabra and Alakazam.

...Oh, and also I'll reserve PSDuckie's last Pokemon, while I'm here. I've got one!
Something interesting about horde battles is how, in some instances, four Pokemon of one species and one of another can occur. One of these is an arrangement of 4 Zangoose and 1 Seviper in Route 8.

Now, you're probably wondering, "Why did this person just tell me that?" to which the answer is simple: The Pokemon I'm having you use is the Seviper in the above example I gave (tip: find a Pokemon with Sweet Scent. It'll make creating this encounter go much more easily). Call it Elderly (or something similar to that), as it is OLD. In fact, it's so old, it's been around since Hoenn. Anything that came after that, such as Pokemon/moves introduced after Generation III, the Physical/Special split, and TMs numbered higher than 50 are completely alien to it. And the thing is, this Seviper acts very apprehensive about things it doesn't know. What this means long-term is, in the order I listed above, that:
Elderly can't learn/use any moves introduced after Gen 3.
Elderly refuses to battle any Pokemon introduced after Gen 3, with exceptions noted below.
Elderly categorizes moves as physical or special by their type.
Elderly can't learn from TMs numbered higher than 50.

Oh, and one last thing: Elderly has always been unsettled by the Pokemon introduced after Gen 3 on the Route it was caught (the Pokemon being Drifloon, Mienfoo, and Inkay, for reference. Fishing/Surfing/Rock Smash Pokemon aren't being counted for this due to the fact that those Pokemon live on Route 8's shores, while Elderly lived in (and was caught in) the cliff-like area), and acted very hostile to these in particular, to the point where it has decided since adulthood that it would kill (read: solo) any instances of these Pokemon or their later stages.

Good luck to you as well!

PSDuckie I'm at work, and there's very little to do so I have had a while to think of the 'Mon and the conditions. Although it is my first time doing this, so if you need me to revise anything or it's that awful you want me to think of another one. Don't hesitate to ask.

Meet Joelene the Jigglypuff. Joelene is nothing short of an overprotective girlfriend cum raging PMT monster: Nobody messes with her man. She will never be the lead of the party, but can be brought into battle if a male team member has sustained damage....and she plays different rules for whichever gender she comes to face: If the opponent is female... Joelene can only use attacking moves. If theyre male, Joelene can only use attract and passive moves such as toxic/protect stall.

I don't know what the rules are regarding items, but if you are using them...they can only be used while Joelene is in play.

Is there anything missing, or anything impossible?

I've got a few more things to add and will do shortly PSDuckie

Mod Edit: Lets try not to triple post OK?

Joelene can only evolve after beating 35 female trainer Pokemon.

And let's say that Joelene has issues with one particular gym that she wants to settle: Joelene wants it out with Valerie and her good for nothing Fairies. She will solo this gym leader.

Also, if your lead Pokemon is male and they faint. Joelene must then solo the rest of that battle, the exceptions to the rule are any other solos etc.

Last edited:
WE ARE LEGION

Legion is an Exeggcute that only operates when its five heads work in unison and as a legion. As such, if you ever use a move, you must use that same move four more times before switching. You are allowed to trade over a Choice item or a Metronome to capitalize on this restriction if you like.

In addition, the Legion must learn how to Barrage targets with arrows and javelins. Learn Barrage ASAP and never forget it. Barrage is not affected by the repeat clause, since that is a poor tactic strategically.

The Legion is inspired by Rome, and must defeat other empires to prove their strength, and what better target than Team Flare, of which there are a ton? Solo ten Team Flare Grunts to prove your worth in battle. Solo three Team Flare Scientist battles as well to defeat their leaders. You may evolve into Exeggcutor at this point.

As an Exeggcutor, Legion feels that he needs some new troops for battle. Catch a maniple of Exeggcute (a maniple was historically 120 men, and one Exeggcute consists of 5 heads, so catch 24 Exeggcute) and use only them and Legion to solo the final Lysandre battle and finish the Flare empire once and for all (five Exeggcute at a time, obviously). If you lose the battle, release all five Exeggcute you used and take 5 more of them to use when you retry. If you have used up all of your maniple, you must catch another maniple.

WE ARE LEGION

Accepted.

Part 2 is done, and Part 3 is actually mostly done.
Scramble Part 2: Double Gym Battle Edition
Since Brawly and Wattson are so close, combining parts here.

Wow, that Magma Grunt sure can run fast. Anyway, team, let's go heal up and face him! By that, I probably mean Fodder will be facing him. Argh. Actually, let's try to see if Screw-Up can handle this. I do want to dump Fodder as soon as possible.

Ahaha. Leech Life is a 4HKO, and Poochyena doesn't use a single attacking move. Clean victory. No level up, though. Hopefully Screw-Up can pull through the matches ahead, even at level ten...

I talk to Mr. Stone, get the letter, and unlock BuzzNav. Time to head for Dewford!

After beating down a few trainers I forgot to avoid with Screw-Up, we set sail for Dewford. Upon arrival there, I introduce the residents to the hip new trend: X Special Attack qualities.

What the actual fuck.

I enter Brawly's gym and buy a Fresh Water. The vending machine decides to give me four. Sweet. Now my under-leveled Screw-Up will have to solo every Meditite in this gym, and probably everyone else.

First battle is against Battle Girl Laura's Meditite. She keeps using Meditate despite not knowing a single physical move. After taking a few Confusions and using Fresh Water, I finally Scratch Meditite to death. The experience I get for that is paltry. This is going to be hard. If only there was a Poké Mart in Dewford.

I might as well box Fodder now to remove that temptation.

After barely edging out a level 13 Machop when I'm at + 3 Defense and he's at -5 accuracy and +1 crit stage (he didn't crit only 3 times and didn't miss once), I retrieve Fodder from his box. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I'll never beat Brawly at this rate. Man, Screw-Up is hard to use. I can't wait for level 20. Screw-Up will still have to solo any Meditite, anyway.

Screw-Up beats the last Meditite by spamming Scratch, and Fodder Mud Shots the last Machop to death. Time to face Brawly.

He leads with Machop, and I send out Screw-Up. Ok, Screw-Up can NOT handle this. I switch to Fodder as Machop Leers. Mud Shot is a 2HKO. Screw-Up levels up.

Makuhita comes out. Mud Shot 2HKOs. Easy. I really need to ditch this stupid Marshtomp, but... argh... Nincada is so weak. DarthMagikarp85 you have my eternal resentment. Fodder levels up and learns Bide.

I go down to Granite Cave to talk to Steven. Scene about Groudon wrecking shit, and whoa Steven's model is so nice. Steven gives me a free TM and leaves. ...Okay then.

I leave for Slateport to deliver the ports and get the second and third members of my party. After I get CosChu and Aging?, Fodder will be boxed once again.

Sailor Huey falls easily to a Mud Shot, and I enter the city. Some ungrateful guy named Dock tells me to go to some museum. The second I enter, Team Magma is everywhere. Seriously, what is with those people? Luckily, they do not battle me. I guess my last encounter probably taught them a lesson.

...And when I talk to the Captain, they all come rushing upstairs. Godammit. Prepare to have your pointy horns handed to you!
First Numel goes down without trouble. Wait, future Ace Grunt? Is that a thing? At any rate, the other grunts go down to Fodder just as easily.

Holy shit Maxie is a ninja
At least he leaves me alone. I really don't want to have to deal with him right now.

On BuzzNav, the Name Rater says that the name Screw-Up really captures the love I have for this Pokémon.
...what love...

I join in on a contest using Fodder so I can get Cosplay Pikachu. 2nd place. Whatever. The lady gives me Cosplay Pikachu. Hmmm, a nickname was not specified for it. How about... "Deinosaur"?

...what...

Time to choose the first costume. I'll be using Belle due to its ability to hit Magnemite/ton decently hard when I face Wattson, and its general usefulness. Fodder is boxed, forever. Now time to head to Mauville!

HOW MANY FUCKING WILD WINGULL ARE THERE HERE

And it's that weird Poké Fan with a Plusle that gives you Oran Berries and a Minun that spams Switcheroo.

Sorry, Youngster Timmy, but a Poochyena isn't going to cut it. Deinosaur will make easy work of you.

Oh hey it's May. She rambles on about ancient Pokémon (Groudon much) and challenges me to a battle. Deinosaur 2HKOs Slugma and Wailmer, but Wailmer manages to get off a Whirlpool and starts doing some passive damage to me. Luckily it dies before it gets too powerful.

Grovyle outspeeds and gets two hits on me, but Icicle Crash 2HKOs. Not too hard. Work on your skills, May. Oh, and thanks for the healz. I'll be off, got places to do and things to see. And there she goes on a bike.
That is slower than me walking. Why are you riding that bike in that grass? That's stupid.

Off goes Wally to challenge the gym. I ain't got time for that, though. I'll be too busy catching Aging? on Route 117.

After 5 encounters, I find a Roselia. Aging? is level 14 and has the ability Natural Cure. I'll probably end up soloing Wallace and be stuck with moves with pathetic BP.

Aging? solos Wally easily, crushing all his dreams. Hint: stop spamming Lucky Chant. OH WAIT HOLY SHIT SCREW-UP WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THAAAAAAAT
Agh. Too late.
Time to have Deinosaur crush Wattson.

Deinosaur easily smashes through the Guitarists and Youngsters, but suddenly out of nowhere someone has a... Meditite? What? Why? Argh, I guess Screw-Up has to solo it.

One battle later, I am sitting in a Pokémon Center crying. That was... awful. A complete steamroll. I was forced to purposefully lose after Screw-Up fainted. I'll just have to keep trying.

But wait... I think I see a way to just completely avoid that Battle Girl. Step on this switch, and that one... YES!

Deinosaur steamrolls the last Guitarist and learns Double Team. I step in to face Wattson.
LET'S GO! Wait a second I can't learn new moves. I'm deleting Double Team as soon as I get to the Relearner. I really need to stop forgetting these things!

Wattson leads with Magnemite, and Screw-Up comes out for me. Whoops, forgot to change his position. I switch to Deinosaur and take a Tackle. Wait, is Volt Switch his only STAB or something? Regardless, he continues to Tackle me while I spam Double Team. Eventually, by the time my Evasion is maxed, he hits me with a Volt Switch and gives me a free SpA boost. Time to crush him with... ELECTRO BALL!

Magnemite dies to two Electro Balls. Voltorb comes in and is 2HKOd by Icicle Crash. Aging? levels up thanks to EXP Share (I know, but otherwise it would be almost impossible to train WinMe later on) and learns Leech Seed. That will be useful. Magneton comes out and vainly tries to Supersonic me, but keeps missing thanks to +6 evasion. I Electro Ball him to death, even after a Super Potion. The victory is mine! I save the game.

This concludes Part 2. Party ratings are basically: Screw-Up is LVP, Aging? Is middle because she didn't do much, and Deinosaur is MVP for obvious reasons.

And yes, I replaced Double Team the second I got to Fallabor and didn't use it from here to there.

Ranger Helmut take Abandoned the Trubbish.

This Trubbish was released by Team Plasma for obvious reasons, and now finds itself in your party. It wants revenge against Team Plasma for abandoning it.

* Abandoned must solo all Team Plasma battles not already being soloed. This includes all Team Plasma Grunts, N, and Ghetsis.
* Solo N in Chargestone Cave to evolve into Garbodor.
* For added difficulty (if you want it), solo Zekrom.

Ranger Helmut take Jingoistic the Rufflet.

Jingoistic is very patriotic and proud of his country, and since Unova is based on New York, his country is obviously 'MURICA. As such, Jingoistic must never attack any Pokémon that has a Pokédex color of red, white, or blue. You must also always have at least one Fighting move, one Flying move, and one Normal move to represent the colors. Yes, that means visiting the relearner if you didn't use any TMs. You must solo Grimsley, including his flag-colored Pokémon, for you know the evil Dark-type threatens to take over America, and you must not be fooled by their disguises. Finally, always hold a Wide Lens because it displays all of America's colors and lets you look out at your diverse country.

(If you do any post-game, Jingoistic quickly becomes disillusioned with America. Solo all blue, red, and white Pokémon.)

Since I'm on Spring Break and I don't have anything going on for the next week. I guess I'll attempt one.

• Pokemon Soul Silver
  • No Trading
  • Full Team
    • Starter
    • Eeveelution
  • Going all the way to Red.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get Johto done by the end of the week.

Since I'm on Spring Break and I don't have anything going on for the next week. I guess I'll attempt one.

• Pokemon Soul Silver
  • No Trading
  • Full Team
    • Starter
    • Eeveelution
Take Duality the Eevee.

Duality struggles with a multiple personality disorder. Sometimes it wants to act light and happy, while other times it wants to act dark and brooding. As such, Duality must never use the same move twice in a row.

This Eevee also has a scale of points determining which personality will predominate. Always keep track of the points.
Originally Caught in Daytime: +3 points Espeon
Originally Caught in Nighttime: +4 points Umbreon (since night is shorter)
KOed a Psychic- or Poison-type: +2 points Espeon
KOed a Dark- or Ghost-type: +2 points Umbreon
Caught a Wild Pokémon at Day (in general, not necessarily Duality): +1 point Espeon
Caught a Wild Pokémon at Night (in general, not necessarily Duality): +1 point Umbreon
Caught a Psychic-type Pokémon: +3 points Espeon
Caught a Dark-type Pokémon: +3 points Umbreon

Once Duality reaches level 25, whichever aspect has more points gets to be the final form. If they are exactly tied, you get to evolve into Jolteon instead. From evolution onwards, no attacking Pokémon of your own type.

Emperor Z take Lonely the Magikarp and evolve it to Gyarados ASAP.

As a Magikarp, Lonely would play in the water with another Magikarp, but one day the other Magikarp disappeared. Lonely is now on a quest to find his friend.

* Lonely must be your Surf user. He needs to go through the water to find his friend.
* Solo all Water-types from when you evolve Lonely to the Red Gyarados fight. Lonely is asking the other Water Pokemon where his friend is.
* Catch the Red Gyarados while only using Lonely to damage it.

Lonely has now found his friend, but something has changed. Team Rocket has caused Lonely's friend to go into a rage! Lonely vows to take down Team Rocket once and for all.

* Solo all Team Rocket fights starting right after the Red Gyarados fight and continuing for the rest of the game. If there is a Team Rocket Double Battle (I don't remember if there is or not) you may only use Lonely and the Red Gyarados in the Double Battle.
* Finally, solo all the Gym Trainers in Viridian City Gym. You do NOT need to solo Blue, but Lonely must be used in the Blue fight.

• Pokemon Soul Silver
  • No Trading
  • Full Team
    • Starter
    • Eeveelution
Your starter will be Reject, the Chikorita

Reject's sad story is that one day, a trainer picked it. After that, the trainer found another Grass-type and caught it, abandoning Reject. Thus, it must KO all Grass-types it can (all that don't colide with other team members' restictions) and solo all of Erika's Gym (you may heal between battles), and you may not have any other Grass-types in your team (like there were so many to choose from...). It must also always be the Pokemon with the highest level of your team. Going back to the story, Reject feels like it won't be worthy enough to evolve until it beats two of Grass-types' weaknesses: Flying- and Bug-types, since those were the types of the Pokemon that tried to kill it when it was abandoned. Thus, it must solo Falkner's Pidgeotto and Bugsy's Scyther. After that, Reject finds enough confidence in itself and is allowed to evolve, changing its name to 'Bud' (as it's a Bud waiting for light and care to grow). However, it has reached 'poke-puberty', thus it's very moody and bipolar (it may not use the same move more than three times in a row). Once it gets that 'light' needed to grow (learns Sunny Day), it is allowed to evolve, changing its name to 'Sunshine", and it must use the power of that light (Solarbeam) all the time to guide its way through (in other words, it must always use Sunny Day and Solarbeam). Finally, when you reach the top of Mt. Silver, he decides to beat Red for you, without help (it must solo it), in order to prove himself for you. After overcoming his fears, he lives a happy life with his new trainer, and welcomes it to pick two Grass-type starters (Treecko and Bulbasar, given to you after beating Red by Steven and Professor Oak, respectively) and train them (level them to whatever level Sunshine is) (this last one is optional but if you want to do it then that's better).

Hope you liked it, an good luck!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey look it's an original scrambler coming back to have some fun with his next run. I set the mons, you set the rules; LeafGreen
Pidgeot, Nidoqueen, Clefable, Jynx, Muk, Tentacruel

rules: no challenges requiring restarts
no challenges that are only time wasters (I.e. you can only heal at your mom's house)
Nothing that requires excessive grinding (benchmark >7ish levels above area)

Example of creative challenge I like: Zubat must solo Koga before it can evolve
Example of challenge I dislike: throw away an item every time you heal

N.b. I like to keep my mons roughly around the same level so consider that, though not mandatory
N.b.2, looking for a fun run, my days of nightmare challenges are long done

If it seems like a lot of guidelines for a scramble it is :], I know how to maximize my enjoyment

Cheers

P.s. I'm using bulbasaur through Brock, so rival will have Charizard

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey look it's an original scrambler coming back to have some fun with his next run. I set the mons, you set the rules; LeafGreen

no challenges that are only time wasters (I.e. you can only heal at your mom's house)

N.b. I like to keep my mons roughly around the same level so consider that, though not mandatory

If it seems like a lot of guidelines for a scramble it is :], I know how to maximize my enjoyment

Cheers

Take Scrabble the Muk!

Scrabble has a mental disorder. For everything he does he has to create an imaginary word. Sadly, Muk only has access to three letters: M, U and K. All moves it knows must include any of these letters.

M
  • Level-Up: Minimize (19), Acid Armor (34), Sludge Bomb (47), Memento (61)
  • TM/HM: Hyper Beam (TM15), Double Team (TM32), Flamethrower (TM35), Sludge Bomb (TM36), Rock Tomb (TM39), Torment (TM41), Rock Smash (HM06)
  • Tutor: Body Slam, Mimic
U:
  • Level-Up: Pound (1), Sludge (13), Sludge Bomb (47)
  • TM/HM: Focus Punch (TM01), Sunny Day (TM11), Taunt (TM12), Frustration (TM21), Thunderbolt (TM24), Thunder (TM25), Return (TM27), Double Team (TM32), Sludge Bomb (TM36)
  • Tutor: Substitute
K:
  • Level-Up: None
  • TM/HM: Brick Break (TM31), Shock Wave (TM34), Rock Tomb (TM39), Rock Smash (HM06)
  • Tutor: None
Additionally, you can't use any move that includes the letter M against a Pokemon name includes an "M". It occupies the spot you wanted to use already! Same counts for the other two letters. So you can't use Memento against Misdreavus, but you can use Sludge Bomb against Krabby.

Grimer has the same challenge, but must evolve into Muk immediately.

This should be fun and good luck!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Texas Cloverleaf: Take Luck the Pidgey.

Pidgey is a massive fan of uncertainty and wants every battle it is involved in to be luck based. Therefore, it may only use moves that have a chance to miss. As for 100% or --% Accurate moves, it can only use moves that exclusively affect itself and Sand Attack. Also it can use Gust until you get the Fly HM because let's be honest, being stuck with Tackle for ages until you get Fly is horrible. In order to evolve into Pidgeotto, Pidgey needs to solo 15 different trainers. To evolve into Pidgeot, it needs to solo a further 25 different trainers. Also X-Accuracy is for wusses so you cannot use X-Accuracy on it.

Have fun.

Texas Cloverleaf take Fairy the Clefairy. Fairy desperately wants to be the Fairy-type it is destined to be, but this is Gen 3! Fairy doesn't know that, however.

* Fairy must immediately switch out when faced with a Poison or Steel type. (Optional: Add Fire-type to the "immediate switch-out" list.)
* Fairy must solo all Dark, Fighting, and Dragon types not otherwise being soloed.
* Solo the Fighting Dojo in Saffron to evolve.
* Finally, solo Lance.

Texas Cloverleaf I'll give you a nidoran-F

Take Dreamy the Nidoran-F. She's convinced that she came from the Dream World due to weird dreams she has, and as such also believes that her ability is Sheer Force, despite all the things that get poisoned when she touches them. She's only really heard a little bit about Dream World abilities, and so doesn't realize that until she evolves into Nidoqueen she'd have Hustle anyway... but whatever. She embraces her imagined past by only using moves that would normally get a Sheer Force boost. She does know enough to know that Sheer Force should disable secondary effects though, so if a secondary effect activates on a move she uses during a battle, she goes into denial and refuses to use that move again for the rest of the battle. To prove her connection to the dream world, she has to conquer the supernatural with her powers (by which I mean she needs to solo the Marowak in the Pokemon Tower and the Rocket Grunts on the top floor).

As a simple quality of life addition, these restrictions do not kick in until she has at least 2 moves sheer force would boost. Don't worry, not forcing you to use nothing but Poison Sting for several levels :P. Just make sure you get those 2 sheer force moves ASAP.

Cheers

Can you trade eggs to that game?

Hello. I am looking to play a scramble of Omega Ruby. I already have some Pokemon picked, but I need both some more Pokemon and some challenges.
Rules: No trading except for trade evolutions, and I do not want to use the regional startes.
Other than that any Pokemon and challenge is welcome. Backstory Is appreciated.
Pokemon chosen: Numel (Needs a challenge and a Name)
Cosplay Pikachu (Needs a challenge and a name)
Makuhita named Tabitha (Must solo all 3 Tabitha fights to evolve)
Spheal named Polar Seal (Must solo 5 wild lanturn to evolve into Sealio, and must solo every trainer in the 8th gym to evolve again)

swinn715 take Anger the Numel.

Anger is, well, angry! But he doesn't want to show it, so he refuses to battle.

* You cannot use Anger in battle at all unless you are fighting Norman. Thus, all XP must come from the EXP Share.
* Solo Norman to evolve into Camerupt. After defeating Norman, Anger realizes he cannot keep all that anger bottled up.

Once Anger evolves into Camerupt, he releases all that pent-up anger. All restrictions from the Numel stage are now gone, but there are new restrictions.

* You cannot switch out Anger; like the Game of Thrones, it's win or die. (Well, win or faint in this case, as this is not a Nuzlocke.)
* Solo Courtney in the Team Magma Hideout and solo Groudon.

After soloing Groudon, all restrictions are gone, as Anger has found his peace.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)