Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guys, I'll update the OP right away!

EDIT: The thread is updated! Glad to see everything's going ok! Keep battling (don't look at me and Vratix xD)!

This is a Pokemon section of the forums, so I wouldn't. You could probably do that in Internet Rennaissance, maybe. And since I'm posting anyway, me and Dexington have scheduled a battle, expect the results later tonight.

EDIT: Whether it's sleepiness or stupidity, I mixed up the time zones and scheduled a battle when I wasn't home :( Ugh. Will get battle done as soon as possible, sorry Dexington :(

So could one ask for a non-Pokemon Scramble, like say a Final Fantasy 1 Scramble? :P
Of course! But I can't help because I've never played the game.

EDIT: Vratix and I scheduled a battle for two hours ago but he didn't show up. He's having problems with his pc but we should battle before the deadline (we'll be the last ones).

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Okay, guys, I thought I'd give a brief update of my HG scramble.

My character, Doros, just beat the champion, together with my team, ranging from level 40 to 59 (there is a huge gap because some need to solo certain people, finish pokemon, and such, and in addition, some are just bad.)

We arrived at the league some time ago, but were hideously underlevelled, so we had to grind against the elite four. Eventually, I decided I was bored and poor, so I gave up and challenged properly.

Will (the Psychic guy) was an easy fight. I had trained some against him before, and he was easily swept by Atheno (Lapras @ Macho Brace, the carry of the team at level 59) and Dummy007 (Magmar, which can only learn physical moves (but is timid anyway) and had to solo Clair or Karen, of which I chose Karen).

Next was Koga, who was also easy, thanks again to Atheno, Dummy007, and LUIGI (Poliwhirl, which must know Rock Smash). Even after this, no one had any serious injuries, which was lucky because of all the money I didn't have after training against the Elite Four.

Next was Karen, who was the first challenge, thanks to that damn Nasty Plot Houndoom. Dummy007 had already soloed Karen in a practice attempt, thanks to the Focus Punch TM, so he took out most of Karen's Pokemon. The only casualties were Nidorino (which soloed Pryce to evolve and had to finish Lance to evolve again) and Luigi, who hd to be cannon fodder against the Houndoom.

Finally we met with the champion after healing the mains and reviving Nidorino. He led with Gyarados, which was a mistake because I led with Atheno. Atheno was always going to have a good battle, because he had 4x SE moves on four of Lance's Pokemon, and 2x on the others. He quickly swept aside all but the charizard, mostly using his STAB Ice Shard, which dominated the Dragonites. Finally, we were left with only Charizard, which Nidorino had to finish in order to evolve again. Lapras' Thunderbolt, conveniently, brings Charizard right into the red, but it took five tries until he stopped using full restores. Over this time, Wall (Meganium, which must have Razor Leaf, Light Screen and Reflect, and should have the latter two up at all times, although I ignored this because of requirements to solo teams and such) fainted to a fire fang, as a test to see whether it would attack. Then, Noctowl (must know Fly, a status move and sleep talk, even though it has insomnia) used hypnosis, to ensure a safe passage for Nidorino to come in, scarfed, and finish Lance with a powerful STAB poison jab.

We now look to move over to Kanto, with a newly evolved Nidoking, to try to face up eventually against Red, which I think will be the topic of the second and final update.

Nice job Atheno. Istill can't believe you guys actually grind againts the E4 so many times before beating them. On my scramble, i didn't grind even once in the whole game. I just went in horribly underlevelled with the most awesome in game pokemon ever: Double Team Staraptor. Hax'd them all to death, lol.

Athenodoros

You think that was grinding? Grinding was when Hoothoot (BST 250 or something) had to solo Morty (finishes with a Gengar). I had to level that Hoothoot to ~ 15 levels higher than said Gengar before it stood a chance, and I could go no further than Olivine city without the badge. I think I beat every single trainer between getting my starter and battling the fifth gym, barring two, with just a Hoothoot, and still ended up training against pokemon ~20 levels lower than me. Alternatively, grinding was when I had to beat a leader with only a Nidoran (m), and only had the Steel, Ice and Dragon Gyms left. I never want to go back to that stupid patch of grass near Olivine again.

I'm also very jealous of your Staraptor: see the aforementioned Hoothoot, which was my flying type. It was even brought down further by the fact that it had to learn Sleep Talk, even though it had Insomnia.

You think that was grinding? Grinding was when Hoothoot (BST 250 or something) had to solo Morty (finishes with a Gengar).
You're welcome. :'D
Anyway, congrats! I haven't even beaten 6 gym leaders on my run (damn Silph Co.), so kudos. :> Can you post your end-of-the game team (natures/levels/movesets included)? I'm curious.

@atheno, why were you poor? I remember when I was little and something was under-levelled I would give all my money to Mom to alleviate any repercussions of losing. I can only imagine it still works.

^Because Atheno gave all his money to a Lapras pretending to be God, and never got it back.

Then he realised it was just Team Rocket's latest Submarine. ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Zdrup, i need to talk with you about the prizes. And when i can get that soul you owe me...

Athenodoros

I was poor because I did give some money to her, but couldn't be bothered to go back and get it. Even now I have a huge amount of money there, which I cannot be bothered to get because I am impatient to battle Red.

^Because Atheno gave all his money to a Lapras pretending to be God, and never got it back.

Then he realised it was just Team Rocket's latest Submarine. ;)
LOL. And actually, it's kind of true. I spent so much time levelling it to level 59, that I probably spent what little money I did have on Hyper Potions to continue soloing the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)