Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Texas

I'm gonna do another Platinum Challenge.
-Stipulations:
1) I don't want to re-use anything from my last Platinum challenge (Torterra, Togekiss, Drifblim, Gastrodon, Tentacruel, Probopass)
2) No Zubat-line
3) There must be a pokemon on my team that can learn Surf, There must be a pokemon on my team that can learn Fly
4)Decent distribution of types please
5)Reasonably difficult, not evil, I would like it to be enjoyable, please.
6)Also, can't trade

Use a chimchar, it must evolve to monferno by 2nd gym and infernape by 3rd. it must have two attacking moves and two non-attacking moves.

Vratix, take a Gligar named Sting. It must keep Poison Sting and solo any one of the E4's Pokemon using only Poison Sting. If you do give it an item, it must be a Toxic Plate/Poison Barb.

@vratix

You get "WutUAsked4", a wingull. Like you asked, it will know BOTH surf and fly. However, you may never use either move in battle. To make sure it's not an hm slave, it must always be within 5 levels of your highest leveled party member.

Not to my usual creativity standards, but I enjoy making hard pokemon out of scrambler's conditions.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Steelix wild on Iron Island. It must always know Dragonbreath, two other Special moves, and Iron Tail. It must land the finishing blow against two Gyms, two E4s, and Cynthia. It must kill one Pokemon in any Trainer Battle it's sent out in before it switches out. Also, hmm, have it solo Giratina.

As a reference, here are the Special moves it can learn by TM:
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flash Cannon

feel free to tweak it so its not dumb. I wouldn't mind using a gligar but nothing that obnoxious.

Also, Doom. Totally looking forward to that. you really caught me with my pants down.

DetroitLolcat

Sorry, I thought you wouldn't want it because of no trades, so I replaced it with a Steelix. Do you still want the Rhyhorn even though it can't evolve into Rhyperior?

Vratix, take a Shinx and teach it hidden power. If its hidden power is any of the special types, it must be taught 3 special attacking moves in addition to hidden power. If its hidden power is any of the physical types, it must be taught 3 physical attacking moves in addition to hidden power. Name it Peekaboo

anyway, here is what I have so far. feel free to toss in a nickname. If you don't I'll name it after you.

Use a chimchar, it must evolve to monferno by 2nd gym and infernape by 3rd. it must have two attacking moves and two non-attacking moves.
(Blamon123)

"WutUAsked4", a wingull. Like you asked, it will know BOTH surf and fly. However, you may never use either move in battle. To make sure it's not an hm slave, it must always be within 5 levels of your highest leveled party member.
(Doomvendingmachine)

Take a Steelix wild on Iron Island. It must always know Dragonbreath, two other Special moves, and Iron Tail. It must land the finishing blow against two Gyms, two E4s, and Cynthia. It must kill one Pokemon in any Trainer Battle it's sent out in before it switches out. Also, hmm, have it solo Giratina.
(DetroitLolcat)

take a Shinx and teach it hidden power. If its hidden power is any of the special types, it must be taught 3 special attacking moves in addition to hidden power. If its hidden power is any of the physical types, it must be taught 3 physical attacking moves in addition to hidden power. Name it Peekaboo
(Dexington)

Get a Budew, name it Buddy. Buddy can evolve once it knows moves of 4 different types. Can evolve again after it solos any of the gymleaders' final Pokémon
(More Cowbell)

Mismagius named Texas. Because it comes from Texas it must always know Sunny Day and Rain Dance. To evolve it must Skill Swap a Gym Leader pokemon ability from that mon, to itself, to the Gym Leader's Main Pokemon.
(Texas Cloverleaf)

Thanks everyone. I will start later this week.

Vratix, you get a Budew named Buddy (it fits well, ok?). Budew can only evolve if it knows 4 moves of different types (like Growth/Water Sport/Absorb/Shadow Ball). As you might now, Budew can only evolve once its happiness level reaches 220, so you will need to treat it like your little buddy to actually be able to evolve. In order to evolve into a Roserade after that, Buddy must solo any of the final Pokémon of a gymleader.

Conclusion:
- Get a Budew, name it Buddy
- Buddy can evolve once it knows moves of 4 different types
- Can evolve again after it solos any of the gymleaders' final Pokémon

Good luck.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vratix, you get a Mismagius named Texas. Because it comes from Texas it must always know Sunny Day and Turd-Floater (I mean Rain Dance). To evolve it must Skill Swap a Gym Leader pokemon ability from that mon, to itself, to the Gym Leader's Main Pokemon.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, in a ridiculously easy battle I defeated Lance and won the League!
The battle went pretty much like this: Amphy kills Gyara with Discharge, Pupitar kills Dragonite with CH Stone Edge, Miltank kills the other two Dragonite's with Stomp as they attempt to Paralyze her Sub, Pupitar kills Charizard with Rock Slide, Smeargle Bullet Punches Aero, dies, Pupitar kills Aero with Stone Edge.

Now... the Champions!

Meep (Ampharos) lv 44 @Choice Specs, Naughty
Dischagre, Focus Blast, Signal Beam, Charge Beam

Good old Amphy. She was a solid player the whole way through and could always be counted on to destroy things with Choice Specs attached. T-2nd place overall.

Co-MVP

B.A.M.F. (Typhlosion) lv 47 @Passho Berry, Rash
Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Smokescreen, Sunny Day

The powerhouse of the team never broke stride the entire run. Despite only having 3 moves (I never used Smokescreen) he was always a monster in battle.

Co-MVP

Cioccolato (Miltank) lv 43 @Brightpwder, Calm {Scrappy}
Stomp, Milk Drink, Substitute, Gyro Ball<--will be Heal Bell

Oh my God this thing was amazing. I am so glad i chose the MNM because this thing broke the bank in usefulness. It outsped literally everything, set up Subs that wouldn't die, and flinched shit with Stomp. My new favourite pokemon"s highlight was destroying Lance's lv 49 Dragonite's because they decide that Thunder Waving her Sub 5 times in a row was a good idea.

Pupitar lv 44 @Choice Scarf, Mild
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Drunch, Rock Slide

Despite having been bred from an amazing parent, its power level and usefulness dropped at ab out level 25. But once it got Choice Scarf it became a monster and my go-to revenge killer. Suddenly it's destroying things that would previously outspeed and kill it. T-2 place overall.

Alphabet (Smeargle) lv 44 @Muscle Band, Brave {Technician}
Body Slam, Blaze Kick, Bullet Punch, Bulk Up

Despite having pathetic stats everywhere except speed (46 Atk stat at level 44) it never really dropped off in usefulness. This is probably because of it great moveset (Perfect coverage, priority, a boosting move) and the fact that it was able to outspeed a surprising amount of stuff, even with a Brave nature. Not as powerful as the rest, but not deadweight.

LVP

Octillery lv 25, Hardy {Sniper}
Bullet Seed, Surf, Aurora Beam, Whirlpool

This however, was deadweight. I honestly couldn't be bothered to waste my time getting a Flamethrower TM from Voltorb Flip or wasting a heart Scale getting back Water Gun. It's move usage requirements were so ridiculous it wouldn't have been used anyway.

So the league was easy and now i move to Kanto.
I want Two new Pokemon to replace Smeargle and Octillery.
- Any generation
- No garbage pokemon
- No stupid, backwards-ass requirements such as can't be used against Red
- This portion of the run will include Dragon's Den, Red and a second defeat of the Elite Four

So let's have them for HG Scramble Part II!

P.S. Since Miltank was so amazing i would like to request permission of Treadshot A1 to give Mono Normal Miltank in future Scrable Challenges.

DetroitLolcat

Take a Skarmory. It must never forget Steel Wing or Air Slash. It may have one non-damaging move, but if that move is Roost, it may not have a fourth move. Air Slash and Steel Wing must be its only STAB moves. It must fulfill THREE of the following conditions
1.Two Kanto Gyms
2.One Elite Four
3.Two Pokemon belonging to Lance
4.Three Pokemon belonging to your Rival

To replace Smeargle:

I give you Houndour. It must be male, and it must know Smog at all times. In addition, it can only learn 1 STAB move. It may evolve if it solos Blaine. NN it "LAMan."

@Texas: Enjoy a Qwilfish. Upon catching it, you realize you didn't want a Qwilfish but decide to train it anyway. However, you are now making a half-(insert donkey Pokemon here)ed attempt at training it. It may only be used in every other battle (have fun keeping track). It may never KO a Pokemon. It must always hold Exp. Share. Name it CouchTater.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Texas, take a Snorlax to replace Smeargle. Since it will be useful against Red's special attackers, teach it Earthquake for Pikachu, Rock Slide for Charizard and Lapras and just for the pure awesomeness if you want, Giga Impact.

Edit: Super ninja'd

Sorry for giving too hard a challenge for Pidgey. I thought it'd be no harder than having to solo Byron with a level 37 Lickitung (which I did end up doing after a few tries), so I gave it a go. Hopefully this challenge isn't as hard.

Texas, take a Mankey (you can get these East of Cerulean City). After it evolves, it can't use any physical STAB moves other than Rock Smash. If you have any Heart Scales, they must be used to tutor Mankey/Primeape these moves in this order (assuming you get multiple Heart Scales, that is)--

-Mud-Slap
-Vacuum Wave
-Any of the elemental punches
-Seed Bomb
-Gunk Shot
-Outrage

In other words, to get any decent moves on it, you have to tutor it multiple times. You can get rid of old tutor moves with new tutor moves.

Not too confusing, I hope? :>;;

EDIT: Super duper ninja'd.

Texas Cloverleaf

Galladiator I apologize but I am going to have to reject that challenge. I forgot to mention in my post that I didn`t want any type overlap. This is entirely my fault and I apologize. Feel free to post another one.

Texas Cloverleaf

Sorry for triple post, I don`t want to edit on my phone.

If Galladiator doesn`t post by 5:30 (Half an hour from now) then I will open up the final slot.

Texas Cloverleaf

Alright I am opening up the last slot.

Please view the rules at the bottom of the last page plus these two:
- no types that are the same as a current member
- no Qwilfish :)

Thank You (Skarmory has just been bred)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)