Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gave me this challenge for Diamond >:U

Its_A_Random said:
@chocolate-kipp: Take a Cranidos & name it Run'N'BAM! (No Spaces)

Your Pokemon must know & keep the Smogon Rock Polish Moveset with Zen Headbutt as the fourth move before the E4. Your Pokemon must KO 6 E4 Pokemon with this moveset.

Have fun.
Here's the link.

And since you can't get Stone Edge or Earthquake before the E4, here's the other post.

Its_A_Random said:
Okay then, same Pokemon (Cranidos), same name (Run'N'BAM!), but it must know & keep Rock Polish, Rock Slide (Rock Slide is obtainable in Victory Road), Zen Headbutt & a move of your choice. The 6 E4 Pokemon Solo requirement Remains.
Post is here.

@random alright since you asked for challenges you gave people here's 1 that was rejected. (see if you can guess which 1 before you peek)
@zdrup: Fair enough, just wondering...

@Chocolate-Kipp: Take a male Garchomp & name it Doug. You must catch it as a Gible & it must be a Garchomp before your battle with Palkia

Your Garchomp is a smart politician & leads the political party: Garchomp for OU. The Garchomp community was very sad the day a group of Smogon Users said that Garchomps are too broken for OU, & was moved to the "Uber Tire" by Smogon user: DougJustDoug. This led to the Garchomp being shunned in favour of Pokemon like Salamence, Dragonite, even Altaria.

Your Garchomp made a policy & pledge to his fellow Garchomp before coming with you that he would Guarantee that by the end of the Gen 4 Metagame, the Garchomp will be OU again. To do so, He will need to be KOed by every OU Tier Pokemon you encounter post-Palkia. Maybe then the Smogon people will consider testing Garchomp in OU again, & Doug's mission will hopefully be accomplished.

Recap:

• Catch a Male Gible & name it Doug.
  • It must become a Garchomp before your battle with Palkia.
  • Post-Palkia, your Garchomp must be KOed by every OU Tier Pokemon you encounter (Excluding Garchomp).
Have fun, & Garchomp for OU!
Also Link and good luck.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kipp, try again, Cranidos don't appear in Pearl.
Oh, make sure the challenges are possible in Pearl, NOT Platinum (Or Diamond for that matter).
Much better, BiGGiE, & thanks, Dark Ray.

Three more.

EDIT: Much better, Chocolate-kipp. Two more.

...I'm not sure how I didn't notice that.

Time to find another one. :B If I can, at least...

EDIT:
Its_A_Random said:
Anyways, your challenge...Congratulations! You get a Drifloon! Name it Balloon & before your battle with Giratina, it must have this moveset:

-Stockpile: Stockpile
-De-Stock: Swallow/Spit Up
-Hit Me If You Can: Baton Pass/Protect/Double Team
-Special Bomb: Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Psychic

To evolve Drifloon, It must solo 2 Gym Leader Main Pokemon (The strongest Pokemon on the team).

Have fun! :)
Replace Giratina with Palkia.

link

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
finally beat my firered scramble challenge, see my results here

what should i play next? i was thinking pokemon yellow/red or maybe pokemon emerald.
Play Emerald. And take Mudkip as your starter, only restriction is that it must evolve to Swampert as quickly as possible.

A Yellow run would be really interesting imo.

Also, I've decided that instead of just doing a regular Diamond scramble (sorry to anyone who already issued challenges), I'd like to do a mono-type run. Grass or Water, since there are practically no Fire-types.

First challenge anyone gives me must be either Turtwig or Piplup. Go!

@choco
Bring a Piplup
SR for a +Att Nature and name it Soft Side
It may not learn any STAB moves (unless unavoidable, in which case delete them ASAP)

Alright, mono-Water run! I've never used Piplup so this should be fun.

I'd also like to get a Bidoof (that's not something you hear every day), and possibly Magikarp.

Alright ck, since you asked for it...

Take a mono-water Bibarel. When it evolves from Bidoof, you must immediately teach it any and all Water-type moves, and it can only ever know Water moves. It must solo either Fantina or Byron. (oh, and no exploiting loopholes in this one...it MUST evolve as early as possible, and it must never be the lowest-levelled member of your party.) In homage to the king of MTPs, nickname your new MWB "Treadshot". (My apologies in advance to A1.)

If that pisses everyone off, take a Shellos. It must solo Gardenia to evolve; no other restrictions except that it cannot know Ground-type moves. NN "This Sucks".

...hahaha Treadshot is a worthless Bidoof. (no offense) I was actually planning on evolving it right away since Bidoof is just plain Normal-type.

Also, definitely taking Bidoof over Shellos (sorry!). Never used either in-game but yeah.

@auramaster: Does Hidden Power count as a different type of move if it isn't Flying or Dark, or is it still a Normal attack? And when you say "leave Celadon City", is that the first time I leave the city, or after I get the Rainbow Badge and Silph Scope?
Hidden Power does count as a different type of move if its typing is different from any other move you have. It doesn't count as a Normal move. By "leave Celadon City" I mean walking out of town, but in hindsight this could lead to you getting trapped, so change that to "before going to Saffron or Fushia".
Captain Bagman can lead the Mythology village if I die.

...hahaha Treadshot is a worthless Bidoof. (no offense) I was actually planning on evolving it right away since Bidoof is just plain Normal-type.

Also, definitely taking Bidoof over Shellos (sorry!). Never used either in-game but yeah.
OK, good, actually wanted you to pick the Bidoof, I just included This Sucks as a secondary option in case everybody got pissed at me for copying Treadshot.

(Not that I don't have the motive, of course...)

In homage to the king of MTPs, nickname your new MWB "Treadshot". (My apologies in advance to A1.)
don't worry about it.
I was giving away mono-types before A-1 even came to the thread and we started calling him Threadshot because his sig said not to.
(don't believe me, there's a mono-psychic Mr. Mime on page 30)
It was just the MEP that really got him going. (mono-psychic in FR/LG is that daunting, ya know?)

@kipp alright whats the worst water type i can give you? Hmm... I'll think of something...
I've got it! Take a no stab psyduck, since i'm evil give it rain dance ASAP (yes even if it has cloud nine) to power up his non-existent water moves, and no damp rock to help the rest of your team either, also since its a Psyduck it must always have a psychic move AND disable, the last move is up to you. (but no water attacks)
Good luck. (even though mono-water is 1 of the easiest mono-types there is)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Chocolate-Kipp, take a Gastrodon East Sea & name it Swampert. It must be caught as a Gastrodon East Sea.

The Smogon analysis says that a Gastrodon is a Swampert with Recover, so it may only know moves that a Swampert knows plus Recover, which it must know & keep.
Have Fun.

I still need two more for my Pearl Payback Scramble

1.) Piplup "Soft Side", soft reset for +Att Nature, may not learn any STAB moves (mandatory ones deleted ASAP). - Vratix
2.) Bibarel "Treadshot", evolve ASAP, teach it all water-type moves possible after evolving, only allowed to know/use water-type moves, solo Fantina or Byron. - Galladiator
3.) Magikarp "RAEP", must know Substitute, Flail and Dragon Dance by E4.
4.) Psyduck, teach Rain Dance ASAP, no Damp Rock for rest of team, must always have a Psychic-type move, Disable, and a move of choice. - Dark Ray
5.) East Gastrodon "Swampert", must be caught as East Gastrodon, must always know moves that Swampert can learn plus Recover, keep this set throughout the game. - Its_A_Random
6.) Finneon "NotAWater", must be female, evolve by using Attract on ten trainers' Pokemon, must know Flash, Attract, Captivate and any attacking move, if caught with Rindo Berry replace Captivate with U-Turn, but must always hold that Berry. - loudkirbyking

none

I lay in my bed, browsing through the channels. I stopped for a few minutes at the news channel. Yeah, I was that bored. It was something about the "elusive red Gyarados." No clue what that meant, but I watched anyway. It ended up actually being pretty interesting. When the show was just finishing off, Mom called upstairs. "Come down, Cassie! You were going to meet the neighbors today!"

I groaned and slipped into my jeans (I'm aware that the female character wears a skirt by the way), ran a brush through my hair a few times before heading downstairs. I had some cereal and brushed my teeth before heading out the door. "Oh, I almost forgot!" I paused underneath the door frame and looked back at Mom. "Don't go into the tall grass. It'd be okay if you had your own Pokemon, but you don't, so..." I shrugged her off and walked outside, closing the door behind me.

I realized I forgot my jacket and groaned. I wasn't gonna go back inside and listen to Mom blather on about something just to get it though. I was gonna be back inside within a few minutes anyways.

I headed on over to the neighbor's and knocked on the door, only to be greeted by a blond boy who runs into me, just about ramming me down. One of the other neighbors who was watering their plants gave us a look after hearing the loud "thud".

"What was that about?!" The kid made a somewhat odd face that I figured was annoyance I copied it. "You don't exactly run out of a door if someone knocks on it", I replied, putting a hand on my hip. "Well, whatever. I forgive you." I narrowed my eyes. I didn't do anything; why did he forgive me?

The kid closed the door behind him. "I'm Craig," he greeted himself. "You're...the new neighbor. What's your name?"

"Cass," I told him. He seemed obnoxious, but what kind of person doesn't know their neighbor's names? "Just Cass." I hated my name. Cassandra Elmers. My name was so girly...and what kind of a name is "Elmers?" It sounds like some old guy with a big nose.

"Alright...Cass." He looked over to his left--my right, then looked back at me. What was he looking at? "Well, I was heading to the lake. You're coming with me then, alright? And I'll be fining you a million if you're late!"

I blinked as Craig darted off, about to follow him before he stopped. "Oh, jeez, forgot something!" He ran inside and I waited. After a few minutes he hadn't come out, so I walked inside.

"Oh, hi. You're the neighbor, right? I'm Craig's mom, it's nice to meet you." She shook my hand with a sunny smile. I shook it back, looking up at her. "You met him already, I'm sure. Such a hyper boy. I don't know who he gets it from." Get on with it already, Ms. Craig's mom. "He went upstairs for something, not sure what...go on, you can go up!" I didn't like the new neighbors much. "Thank you," I said, trying to hide my annoyance as I walked upstairs.

I stepped into his room and tapped my foot. "I should take my bag too, and my journal...oh, hey." He spun his chair around to look at me and stood up. "We're going to the lake now! I'll be waiting on the road! You owe me ten million if you're late!" I stepped aside as he zoomed toward me and down the stairs. I wonder how he managed not to fall down. I shrugged and followed him outside.

I walked down the road and away from our houses and was soon greeted loudly by Craig. What had that kid been taking?

"Hey, you saw the news, didn't you? You know, the "Search for the red Gyarados" thing? That show got me thinking..." Oh, no, he was thinking. "Hey, I bet we have one of those in our lake, too!"

I wanted to get him to be quiet. I just wanted to go back to bed. I was shivering quite a bit by now, since all I was wearing was some jeans and a tank-top. He didn't seem to notice though. "So, that's what we're doing. We'll find a Pokemon like that and catch it!" ...How was he planning on catching a huge beast like that without any Poke Balls? There wasn't a store anywhere around here, unless we went through the tall grass to Sandgem. I don't like my mom, but I still listen to her...sometimes. I was broken from my thoughts by Craig's chattering. "You lead the way, and don't be slow!"

I trotted on ahead to the lake. I was still peeved, but at least the fast-walking warmed me up a bit. After we got to the entrance Craig was grinning. "Alright! Let's catch us a Gyarados!" He ran through a short expanse of trees and I followed. After a few minutes we'd gotten through the trees, when Craig came to a sudden halt. "What's going on..?" I almost fell forward from the quickness of my stop.

We looked ahead and saw two people: One appeared to be an old man, the other a young boy, about the age of myself, 11. The old man was probably his grandpa or something, taking him to see the lake or whatever. It is a pretty awesome lake, I guess. Craig and I overheard some of their conversation.

"...There's nothing out of the ordinary on the other side either, Professor!" So the old man was a Professor?...The Pokemon Professor from Sandgem. Huh. I always thought he was busy getting his "slaves" to do his work. Maybe that kid could be another one. The Professor seemed like a pretty weird guy. The strangers' chatter continued. "Hm...I may have been mistaken..." Haha, a Professor was wrong. Craig and I exchanged looks and continued listening. "Something appears to be different than before, but...Fine! It's plenty that we have seen the lake. We're leaving now, Lucas." Some bossy Professor...grandpa, whatever he is. The kid talked next. "Professor, you've been gone for four years now. What's it like being back?" Their chat was getting a bit boring by now. "Can we leave yet?" I whispered to Craig. "No, we're staying here until they leave. Ssh!" Hypocrite, he was being louder than I was. The Professor spoke again.

"...Hm. There is one thing I can say: There are many rare kinds of Pokemon in Sinnoh! The region should serve us very well in our studies." Then it was Professor Rowan. Still didn't know who the kid was though. The two turned around and walked back into the trees, passing me and Craig on the way out.

"Then they didn't see us," I said before being interrupted. "What was that about? Those two...odd. Oh! Cass! Check that out!" Craig pointed to what looked like a briefcase from far away. "It's in the tall grass though," I reminded him. "That...doesn't matter. We won't be in there long enough for a Pokemon to come at us!" He ran away from me towards the briefcase, and I reluctantly followed. "A...briefcase. Those people forgot it here then. What should we do with it?" I know what we should do with it: LEAVE IT for them to find it themselves. It's their briefcase, thing, after all. "We could give it back, but who are they? I heard one mention a Professor..."

Craig's ideas were cut off as some Starly flew in. I nearly fell backwards, they were so close. "Aaaah!" Craig yelled. "Po-Pokemon?!" No, duh, they're Pokemon. "What's going on?!" He seemed scared stiff. It was just a couple birds; I don't get why we couldn't just fight them off and give the two guys their suitcase back.

...Then I had an idea. What was in the briefcase, anyways? I opened it up, confused as to why it wasn't locked. The sight that awaited me was three Poke Balls. "...Craig!" I grabbed the one on the far right and held the button down. "We can fight them off!" As the Poke Ball grew in my hand, I released the button and a tiny blue Pokemon popped out.

"Pip! Pip-pip-lup!" What was this thing? Some Pokemon I'd never seen. It was kind of cute though. I was gonna see what else there was, but Craig broke my thoughts. "Fight with it! There isn't any time!!" One of the wild Pokemon was beating its wings in Craig's face, threatening to blow him backward into the lake.

"Pokemon...I don't know what moves it knows...Pokemon, Pound that Starly!" The tiny blue Pokemon jumped into the air and struck the bird's beak with its hand. The bird yelped and chirped loudly at my Pokemon. "Do it again!" Sure enough, it jumped up and hit Starly again. The bird let out one last yip and fell to the ground.

"Whoa!" Craig exclaimed. "Your Piplup totally rocked!" So that's what it was called...a Piplup. I looked down at it and it smiled back up at me with its cheeky little beak. "But my Pokemon did way better!" I hadn't even seen him fighting; what was he talking about? "But...these are other people's Pokemon. We had to use them though...maybe we'll just leave them here, and they'll never know! Yeah!"

I think Craig jinxed it when he said that, because right then, the old man's...slave, grandkid, whatever he was, came back.

"Phew!" The boy said. "You found the briefcase? Thanks! The Professor would've gone through the roof if I forgot it." Definitely a slave. I shrugged. "It's no trouble."

"Wait..." The boy took on a worried expression. "Did you guys use these Pokemon?! Oh man, oh man, how am I going to tell the Professor?" The kid panicked for awhile before taking a deep breath. "This is the Professor's. I'm going to take it back to him now..." And so he picked up the briefcase and walked back through the trees.

"What was that about?" Craig asked me. As if I knew the answer. "I don't know what's going on, but I wanna get out of here. Come on, Cass. Those Pokemon got hurt from that battle." I think you mean yours, I thought to myself. "If we get attacked again, we could be in big trouble." I nodded, even though I already knew that, and followed him through the trees. "You go on...but I want to spend more time with this little guy." Too bad. They're not ours. I walked on and saw the two, yet again.

"Hey, it's those people!" Craig whispered to me. "Is that old guy staring at us?" Of course he is. After Craig had said that the guy walked over to us. Craig hid behind me.

"Hm...I heard from Lucas that you used our Pokemon?" Uh-oh, we're in trouble now... "Let me see them please." We stepped aside to show him the Pokemon. Great, we'd be slaves next. "Hm...Piplup and Turtwig...hm...I see, that's how it is..." What the heck is he talking about? "Lucas! I'm going back to the lab." Wait, then we're not being punished..? That's good, I guess. "Uh...of course! Professor, wait for me!" The boy, "Lucas," apparently, turned back to us. "You should visit us at the lab later, I think." ...Then, we were in trouble. Great. Mom would be so mad if I didn't go though...so I may as well. "We'll be seeing you!" Lucas ran off to follow the Professor.

Craig and I stood in silence. He eventually broke the silence. "What was all that about?" He asked, I assumed he was asking himself. I hoped he was. "I mean, if he was angry, he could've just yelled at us, or whatever...and he didn't want the Pokemon back?" We both shrugged. "Well, I guess we should head home...bye, Cass." He walked on ahead without me. I'd never seen him so sad...then again, I suppose I'd met him about an hour ago. "Bye, Craig."

"What's up, dear?" My mom greeted me, a look of concern on her face. Not much, I was thinking, just going to be a slave by tomorrow. "It's all good," I replied, walking toward the stairs. "I'm going out to play with Craig again tomorrow," I lied. I hated lying to Mom. She always found out, no matter what. I wondered if people got mind-reading powers when they became parents. Dad could tell too, before he left. "Alright, honey..." Mom sighed.

"Oh, I almost forgot." She tossed me a pair of blue-and-white running shoes. Cool, I thought. I finally got some new shoes. "Those are running shoes." Of course they are, Mom. "You're probably gonna be running around a lot with your friend now, so these should help. You needed new shoes anyway, didn't you?" Yeah, Mom, only for about five months. "Thanks," I told her before picking them up. We talked for a few minutes about some things that were on TV. Then I headed upstairs to my room.

I thought about what had happened today. I battled with Pokemon...and it was actually pretty cool. Craig liked it too. What if we get to keep them?...No, that would be stupid to think. The Professor should be mad; why would he let us keep them? After thinking to myself for awhile I fell asleep.

Put it down as "must know by E4" since I'm not gonna grind to get a Magikarp to level 30 then level 44 before doing anything else. :B One more Pokemon please, maybe a Finneon? Anything works though.

it's been about a week so I'm gonna toss out an update of my Platinum Scramble.

Challenge:
1. Use a chimchar, it must evolve to monferno by 2nd gym and infernape by 3rd. it must have two attacking moves and two non-attacking moves.
(Blamon123)

2. "WutUAsked4", a wingull. Like you asked, it will know BOTH surf and fly. However, you may never use either move in battle. To make sure it's not an hm slave, it must always be within 5 levels of your highest leveled party member.
(Doomvendingmachine)

3. Take a Steelix wild on Iron Island. It must always know Dragonbreath, two other Special moves, and Iron Tail. It must land the finishing blow against two Gyms, two E4s, and Cynthia. It must kill one Pokemon in any Trainer Battle it's sent out in before it switches out. Also, hmm, have it solo Giratina.
(DetroitLolcat)

4.take a Shinx and teach it hidden power. If its hidden power is any of the special types, it must be taught 3 special attacking moves in addition to hidden power. If its hidden power is any of the physical types, it must be taught 3 physical attacking moves in addition to hidden power. Name it Peekaboo
(Dexington)

5. Get a Budew, name it Buddy. Buddy can evolve once it knows moves of 4 different types. Can evolve again after it solos any of the gymleaders' final Pokémon
(More Cowbell)

6. Texas the Skorupi! Because it is from Texas it must always know Sunny Day and Rain Dance. In order to evolve, this Skorupi must either hit 5 gym leader pokemon for super effective damage using Natural Gift OR set up to +6 in every stat against a G.L.M.P. using Acupressure.

Where I am as far as that goes (3 badges):
In order of joining
1. Blamon the Infernape (lvl 38)
-Torment
-Mach Punch
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Rapes everything. I'm not even sorry I passed on Close Combat. I'll probably go remember it before the E4. Grinding up before gym 3 was a bit of a Pain. Especially since Peekaboo ended up soloing Fantina.

2. Peekaboo the Luxio (lvl 28)
-HP Bug
-Bite
-Spark
-Tackle

HP Bug is basically useless but if had been one of the old special types I would basically be stuck with a mono-electric until after the E4, so thank God for that. He had Charge until I got to Veilstone to pick up Hidden Power which is how he soloed Fantina (not cheating, you don't get it at the school in Platinum).

3. Buddy the Budew (lvl 28)
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore

This nig is READY to evolve. But that fourth move... elusive. I decided not to waste Toxic, Growth and Mega Drain are getting the job done when I need them to. I'll give her (yeah, my buddy is a girl) either Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb.

4. WutUAsked4 the Pellipper (lvl 35)
-Wing Attack
-Mist
-Water Pulse
-Quick Attack

Yeah, so I have neither Fly nor Surf at this point. However in the spirit of the challenge I only use Wing Attack and Water Pulse (I let him faint over using Quick Attack once)

5. Texas the Skorupi (lvl 30)
-Sunny Day
-Natural Gift
-Acupressure
-Pin Missile

Can't Rain Dance until I have Surf. Until then: Surprisingly resilient. I've been collecting berries in case 5 +6s is too much. If I do get that I'm still going for the SE Natural Gift but I'd like to do it as a Drapion and get rid of Acupressure. I'm going to try against Maylene as soon as I get enough coins to buy Sword's Dance for Blamon (used all my money for Hidden Power).

@chocolate-kipp: Finneon, okay.

Take a wild female Finneon. Nickname should be, you know what? Nickname it "NotAWater". Anyway...

To evolve to Lumineon, it must attract 10 trainer's pokemon. Not the same ones either, but can be from the same trainer (As in if trainer gets smart and switches, can't count that attracting again when they put it back in)

When a Lumineon, according to pokedex data it attracts prey by flashing light patterns on its tail fins.

So, it must know Flash, Attract, Captivate, and any attacking move.

However, if that 5% chance of it carrying a Rindo berry happens, then you get to replace Captivate with U-Turn, and it cannot let go of that berry. If that berry gets taken off by some means unknown, you have to go get another.

I still need two more for my Pearl Payback Scramble
I'll reserve a spot for this.

EDIT: Does this look farmiliar?
Iggdrasil, time to give you a Pokemon.

After seeing Falkner's Pidgeotto in battle, you decide that you want a bird cooler than that one. Eventually, you come across a Skarmory & you catch it. You send it out & try to fly on it, then...Oh No! It turns out that your Skarmory has a genetic disorder that prevents it from coming off the ground, and you were looking forward to fly on it...Regardless, you decide that your Skarmory is cooler than Falkner's Pidgeotto & you keep it. You train it & train it & then one day, you face off against Lance & one of his Dragonites...Your Skarmory seems to not like it & wants to kill it. After killing one of them, something amazing happens! Your Skarmory seems to have learned how to Fly! Now Skarmory has proven itself worthy of flying & wants to prove it's the best bird in the entire world of Pokemon by beating every Flying type it sees!

In other words...

• Catch a Skarmory (Call it whatever you want)
  • It cannot use any Flying Type moves (Or Steel Wing) until it solos one of Lances Dragonites.
  • After that, It must appear and attack every Flying Type you see.
Have fun! :)
Will get the link soon.

Double EDIT: Here it is.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
You remember that challenge, but sorry, Skarmory doesn't appear in Pearl Pre-National Dex...Try again, there are a few challenges I've issued to people that are possible to do in Pearl. Keep trying. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)