Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the first Nidoran you find in the Route above Goldenrod.

If it's a female: Teach it Attract from Whitney and use it every time it enters a battle, regardless of whether it fails or not. No physical attacks. Name her "WannaBeJnx".
If it's a male: Teach it Swagger from the Lighthouse and use it every time it enters a battle, regardless of whether it fails or not. No special attacks. Name him "WannaBePmp".

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh crap, I come off the computer for a few minutes & I forgot...
I will not accept that cheri-berry-zubat someone gives out all the time (other zubats are fine).
Consider yourself lucky I missed that, otherwise you would've been stuck with Flapper the Aspear Berry Zubat, not that you would accept it anyway...Oh well, have fun with your challenge. :)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Okay, Dark Ray, here is your real challenge. You still get a Ghastly, but instead of the previous evolution requirements, you can only evolve it when the number of experience points it has is divisible by 100, and you have beaten (not necessarily using Ghastly) Morty. The same for Gengar, but it must be after the League. It may only battle against Pokemon within 10 levels of it.

@atheno thats the real challenge? The answer is still no, first off the divisible by 100 thing is a joke, it would be next to impossible to do that, and second only battling pokemon within 10 levels makes it completely impossible to grind for red.

If there's any space left, take a Qwilfish to help cover your Ground weakness. It must learn and keep forever one entry hazard and one move of each of its STAB types. Only one of its STAB moves may be physical. It must set up its entry hazard completely against any 6 Gym leaders in order to be used against Red. It must learn and keep forever Explosion (if Poison Point) or Rain Dance (if Swift Swim). Name it SuportBomb.

@dummy Putting it down as a "maybe" if vratix doesn't give me something tomorrow. Also
-No egg moves, tutor moves or unbuyable TMs.
No explosion, but I will accept d-bond, also what ground weakness? I have a huge psychic weakness but so-far only 2 pokemon are weak to ground. With that said I have decided to pull a kip and my last pokemon will be a drapion to cover this huge psychic weakness (I will accept restrictions for it so long as it has a dark move >40bp and follows my other rules, if not i'll pull a random and give myself a challange).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Want Drapion Restrictions? Okay...

Name it Random, Must know & keep Bite (There's your Dark Move) & Toxic Spikes, & have these before Lugia. If it solos Lugia (Which is likely to happen), The other two moves are of your choice, otherwise, you must roll a Die twice. The two numbers you get will be its other two moves...
1=Acupressure
2=Crunch
3=Poison Fang
4=Bug Bite
5=Scary Face
6=HM Move of your choice

Have fun if you accept these restrictions...

@random
I will accept restrictions for it so long as it has a dark move >40bp and follows my other rules
Replace knock off with another dark move (>40 bp this time k?) or I will swap it with crunch. EDIT: meh rejecting as 1 you've already given me a challenge, 2 you didn't read the rules and 3 if I get the quilfish i'm putting t-spikes on it.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@atheno thats the real challenge? The answer is still no, first off the divisible by 100 thing is a joke, it would be next to impossible to do that, and second only battling pokemon within 10 levels makes it completely impossible to grind for red.
I completely forgot about Red. And I don't think divisible by 100 would be too hard. Maybe divisible by some lower number would be better. I was really trying just to get away from the standard evo requirements.

@Dark Ray:
sorry for the delay. Anyhow, I don't much like Qwilfish. I think he's a prick.
In consideration for a need for Surf (barring teaching to Nidoqueen) I am assigning you NoPoints the Tentacool. It may not know ANY moves that might cause poison at any time. It may not evolve before it knows Blizzard. Also, it must solo the first member of each team of the Pokemon League (E4+Champ).

-edit for clarity_ the soloing bit is NOT an evolution requirement

@Vratix RE: Qwilfish is a prick: *rimshot* Whether that was an accidental pun or not, bravo.

Since Plusle has not reposted, I'm assuming the requirements for my Quagsire are the same as they would've been for Sandshrew, minus the evolution part. And as such, I'm going to reject it. I'm going to have to do enough grinding in this challange with Gastly, Bellsprout and whatever replaces my Cyndaquil, without having to use NVE attacks against a fucking Steelix.

- Cyndaquil/Totodile (depending on 6th member)
- Growlithe (must solo Bugsy's entire Gym to evolve)
- Odd Egg Pokemon (must keep Dizzy Punch, must evolve to final form by Elite 4, unless it is Shiny Pichu, Normal Pichu, Shiny Igglybuff, Shiny Cleffa)
- Gastly (must solo Morty and Chuck to evolve to Haunter, most solo an Elite Four member, and two Kanto Gym Leaders (NOW WE'RE TALKING, AWWWWWWWW YEAH!))
- Bellsprout (ByeByeBird, must solo Falkner and Erika)

So, one more, folks?

Updated my post with a slightly edited version of vratix's challange, still looking for restrictions for my drapion from someone who hasn't already given me a challange.
Also, just wanted to remind son of shadoo that he could get a totodile now (if he isn't given a water).
Good luck with the ghastly and bellsprout you got, sos.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Dark Ray:

If you get a male Nidoran, it must know 3 Special moves and 1 non-attacking move of your choice. If you get a female Nidoran, it must know Thief, Fling and two other physical moves, and must use both Thief and Fling against each leader/E4 member. Nicknamed Fatality, for funsies.

Dark Ray, your Drapion must be named "SoScorpion", and cannot use an attack with a base power of more than 70 (not including STAB), and must solo one Johto Gym of your choice. Satisfactory?

Alright looks like i'm ready to start now, thanks sos. And biggie, there's so much wrong with that challenge i'm not even going to bother listing it all.
-I give you Venusaur. Its only restriction: It cannot use any move listed as part of a Smogon set. The Other Option are fine, but no moves on Smogon sets. (texas) Most of the moves listed are tutor/tm so i'm really only losing sleep powder, leech seed and synthesis. Should be a good mon, especially against ground types.
-
Dark Ray, take a Koffing. All of its moves must be a clearly defined colour in the touch screen without repeating colours. IE: flying, ghost, poison and dragon count as one colour, Water/Ice, Grass/Bug, Ground/Roc. (dex) Physical wall with decent coverage, and how is it as fast as spinda?
-
Dark Ray, you get RBG the Golbat. Catch it as a Zubat & evolve it ASAP. Your Golbat lives in the past & may only know moves that it knew in Gen I (This will help). Because of this, it may not hold any items, nor may it evolve into Crobat. (random) Wing attack and bite, not like it gets anything much better anyways.
-Take the first Nidoran you find in the Route above Goldenrod. If it's a female: Teach it Attract from Whitney and use it every time it enters a battle, regardless of whether it fails or not. No physical attacks. Name her "WannaBeJnx". If it's a male: Teach it Swagger from the Lighthouse and use it every time it enters a battle, regardless of whether it fails or not. No special attacks. Name him "WannaBePmp".(kipp) Move requirement is annoying but certainly doable.
-
In consideration for a need for Surf (barring teaching to Nidoqueen) I am assigning you NoPoints the Tentacool. It may not know ANY moves that might cause poison at any time. It may not evolve before it knows Blizzard. Also, it must solo the first member of each team of the Pokemon League (E4+Champ). (vratix) Changed to blizzard to fit with my rules, a special wall with good speed and spatk, soloing lances gyara will be a bitch though.
-
Dark Ray, your Drapion must be named "SoScorpion", and cannot use an attack with a base power of more than 70 (not including STAB), and must solo one Johto Gym of your choice. Satisfactory? (restrictions by sos) Very happy, bite,headbutt,poison fang/cross poison,bug bite/maybe an elemental fang?

The team that defeated the E4.
NoPoints the tentacruel: lvl51 surf, blizzard, acid, waterfall. @choice specs.
SoScorpion the drapion: lvl45 bite, bug bite, rock smash, poison fang. @muscle band.
WannaBeJnx the nidoqueen: lvl45 thunder, fire blast, attract, earth power. @bright powder.
Cloverleaf the venusaur: lvl45 petal dance, strength, poison powder, rock smash. @miracle seed.
RBG the golbat: lvl40 wing attack, bite, confuse ray, fly (filler). @everstone (got tired of pressing b).
Dexington the weezing: lvl42 fire blast, thunder, sludge, explosion. @exp share.

Defeating the E4 was pretty easy, NoPoints destroyed most of the E4 with specs surf, SoScorpion took out most of will, WannaBeJnx defeated most of koga, and the others had very minor roles. Against lance it was almost all NoPoints, 4hkoed gyara with acid, ohkoed all 3 d-nites with blizzard, and ohkoed zard with surf, the only pokemon he didn't defeat was aero, who WannaBeJnx 2hkoed with thunder.

And now for the MVP and LVP.
The MVP was.................NoPoints! There was really no competition, once he evolved he was unstoppable, specs surf was ohkoing resists!
And the LVP was, Dexington, mostly outclassed by the other mons, he didn't even have much bulk until he evolved, and by then everyone else was ohkoing pokemon, leaving no need for a wall.

The underleveled team that defeated red.
Dexington the weezing: lvl70 fire blast, thunder, destiny bond, explosion. @choice scarf.
NoPoints the tentacruel: lvl70 surf, blizzard, acid, waterfall. @choice specs.
SoScorpion the drapion: lvl64 bite, bug bite, rock smash, cross poison. @muscle band.
WannaBeJnx the nidoqueen: lvl64 thunder, fire blast, attract, earth power. @bright powder.
Cloverleaf the venusaur: lvl64 petal dance, poison powder, rock climb, cut. @miracle seed.
RBG the golbat: lvl49 wing attack, bite, confuse ray, fly (filler). @everstone (got tired of pressing b).

The battle with red was difficult, requiring alot of revives and potions, but thankfully I had Dexington to save me, explosion + revives were a life saver, he actually took out half of reds team with explosion, the rest was a combo of SoScorpion, NoPoints and Cloverleaf, with WannaBeJnx and RBG as fodder to heal other members.

MVP and LVP.
MVP was definitely Dexington, taking out half of reds team, with a scarf he even outsped reds pikachu.
LVP was RBG, he quickly fell behind in terms of power, hardly even used in kanto.

All right. I cave.

FireRed Scramble. Difficulty: Medium-Hard. No trading. Nothing extremely rare (e.g., Catch a Chansey, Take a Bold female Cubone that must be caught holding a Thick Club, etc.). I reserve the right to reject challenges, but anyone whose challenge is rejected has 24 hours to provide a new challenge before their spot is vacated. Must have a starter. Go to it.

Take a Charmander named "Gen5Rules!". Since it loves Gen 5 so much, it must have Sunny Day to go along with its Dream World ability, Solar Power. Get Sunny Day in Safari Zone. Can only learn Fire-type moves and Solarbeam for attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)