Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had 3 random shiny's, a raticate (fire red), a sentret (crystal) and a geodude (leafgreen) i failed to get each of them due to my lack of pokeballs

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shiny Rhyhorn and Gastly in FireRed. The Rhyhorn was traded for a Mew and I`ve since reciever a Shiny Luxray and Shiny Trapinch in trades.

My only shiny i have ever seen/caught was a wild spinarak in my crystal game.

EDIT: Never seen a shiny in a nuzlocke Dexington, but once in a Ruby nuzlocke my second pokemon on a route was a surskit which has a 1% chance of happening. Not that rare/good, but I was still pissed.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Found 4 Shinys, a Phanpy, a Magikarp, a Gastly, & a Tentacool. Phanpy had Impish, Tentacool had Calm, Magikarp had Naughty & Gastly had Quiet, not to brag...

Just beaten the E4 for the first time in my HG scramble.

The challenges :

Flip a coin if heads you get a magby, tails elekid.
whatever you get can't have any STAB moves and assuming you can trade must have atleast 1 attack of the others type (electric on magby and vice-versa)
Also since you asked for a magby/elekid they cant evolve untill after victory road and can never evolve into magmorter/electivire.
Oh and name it "Magkid" if elekid and "Eleby if magby. (DarkRay)

Take a Mailtank. It must always hold Mail with the message "I'm Spechial!". It can only use Noral type moves during battle,
having other typed moves like Surf is fine as long as you don't use it in battle. (Texas Cloverleaf)

Take a Poliwag. The first battle you get into with this Poliwag, the first move it must use is Hypnosis.
If it hits, Poliwag must eventually evolve into Politoed and keep Hypnosis.
Either way, you must also teach it Focus Punch. It must have a nickname of your choosing.(Dexington)

Bring a Jynx.
Name it Amazing.
It may only know moves that reflect Beauty in pokemon contests (Vratix)

Catch a Scyther from the Bug Catching Contest & name it Ninja'd. Its restrictions depend on how well you fare with it.
If you come 1st Place, It may only know one attacking move.
If you come 2nd Place, It may only know two attacking moves.
If you come 3rd Place, It may only know three attacking moves.
If you don't get a placing, It may not evolve. (Its A Random)

Take an Unown named Cast Lots. You must determine its Hidden Power type. That is your new team member's type. To figure out exactly which Pokemon, get a list of that type's Pokemon (including dual-types), the first Pokemon alphabetically on that list that you can obtain, is yours. However, instead of A being the first letter, you must start at the letter of your Unown..... (Auramaster)

Drowzee 2 psychic moves at all time (Auramaster)

Post E4

After Johto, when you reach Vermillion City, go to the Pokemon Center there and trade in a Minun.
It must be traded in at Level 50, no more, no less, nicknamed Money Grab (space necessary).
It must then proceed to solo one of Lt.Surge's pokemon, and then solo Red's Pikachu.(Treadshot)

Pokemagnificent, post-Elite Four you get Snorlax! Once caught, he must be your lead Pokemon until you either beat Red, or you beat Lance + Clair with your rival solo reds snorlax aswell.
(Sprocket)

The Team-
Magmar Lv 42 (Eleby)@Magnet

Thunderpunch
Faint Attack
Confuse Ray
Smokescreen

Politoed Lv 48 (Grace)@Nothing

Waterfall
Hypnosis
Focus Punch
Surf

Jynx Lv 49 (Amazing)@ NeverMeltIce

Powder Snow
Ice Punch
Body Slam
Mean Look

Hypno (Somnium) Lv45 @Nothing

Shadow Ball
Hypnosis
Headbutt
Psybeam

Miltank (Mailtank)Lv 41 @Tunnel Mail

Body Slam
Strength
Whirlpool
Milk Drink

Scyther (Ninja'd) Lv 51 @Shell Bell

X-Scissor
U-Turn
Pursuit
Wing Attack

The E4 Crumbled pretty easily after a bit of grinding, with Scyther (Definite MVP) basically soloing everybody bar lance, but Jynx held her ground and eventually he fell.

I will be trading Minum in for Magmar and Snorlax for Miltank.
I will update again after E4 and after Red.

This is my first time of doing anything like this update so let me know if anything is amiss or doesnt look right.

Onto Kanto we go!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
^Nice! Obviously you didn't get a placing with that Scyther, good luck for the second part. :)^

EDIT: Just a reminder about the Pg. 200 Scramble Awards, fell free to post potential catergories for the awards & comment on existing categories, di it in the Scramble Challenge (Should've been Challange) social group that Galladiator founded.

After some tries on the Cheri Berry Golbat (it evolved) on Wattson's Magnemite, it appears I won't be able to solo his Magnemite and his Voltorb without huge hax (always confusing, always flinching) and/or huge grinding (which I won't do, grinding in normal conditions screws me so here...), because this freaking Pokemon always begins the battle with Thunder Wave. I even tried to be paralyzed before the battle (paralyzed by a wild Minun when switching out Eric the Wingull and Flaffer which didn't hold a Cheri Berry at this moment) but the berry activated -_-
Good bye Crobat...At least Golbat is a decent Pokemon.

EDIT : 6/10 Pokemon attracted by LoveMePlz the Marshtomp, thanks the Trainer with 6 Lvl 12 Pokemon.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
pokemagnificent, I just noticed that you apparently did not get a place in the bug-catching contest with a Scyther. How on earth did you manage that? It could be that I'm old fashioned, but I remember back in GSC when Scyther essentially guaranteed first place. Maybe it has changed.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I remember the first time I did a Pokemon Bug Catching contest on Heart Gold, I had caught a Beedrill at full health, but then I saw a Scyther & I was like "It's mine". I caught it at 1HP & it was paralysed I think...I ended up getting a Shed Shell (The consolation prize for the Bug Catching Contest) & didn't get a placing for my efforts, so it's possible, I also remember back to GSC when it was like Yay! I got that Scyther, that Sun Stone is mine now. But yeah, it has definitely changed.

In other news, I'm just about to Tackle the E4 in my Sapphire Scramble with a squadron of Lv50 Pokemon, so good luck me on that.

Also, a reminder about the Pg. 200 Scramble Awards, fell free to post potential catergories for the awards & comment on existing categories, di it in the Scramble Challenge (Should've been Challange) social group that Galladiator founded.

The bug catching contest is so convoluted. The rarity of the pokemon AND THE AMOUNT OF HP IT HAD LEFT WHEN IT WAS CAUGHT, THE HIGHER THE BETTER are the only determining factors. Thats how it works in both GSC and HGSS.

The trick to getting first place is to find a random rare wild pokemon, status it, and keep chucking pokeballs at it at full heath until you catch it.

So, I haven't actually started my LeafGreen Scramble, but I will actually start it tonight. But there's something I want to change...

Abra that must solo Alakazam to evolve is just plain silly. I know I thought of it, and it was my idea in the first place. So I want to give take Vratix's Staryu, "Blue Fairy". So, as an update...
<hide>Pokemon - Nickname - Requirements - Gifter

Bulbasaur - RootOfEvil - Only 2 attacking moves, may evolve after acquiring 2 badges. - Its_A_Random

Vulpix - Yenno - Cannot learn new moves after evolution, must solo 5 E4/Champion - Auramaster

Pidgey - Kiwi - 5 Levels below OZ pokemon, must know Fly (irony, I guess) and 3 other attacking moves, must be fainted by opposing OZ pokemon. - Treadshot A1

Dratini - Doc Brown - Must know Outrage to evolve to Dragonite, must finish every Pokemon with a Dragon move, must solo 3 E4 Pokemon in a row with Outrage - Doomvendingmachine

Grimer - Pollution - Must learn Sludge Bomb naturally and solo a Leader to evolve, Muk must solo Bruno - Galladiator

Staryu - Blue Fairy - Must Cosmic Power to +6 against a Leader, apart from that may only know Attacking moves, one of which must be Surf. Cannot use Surf until all other PP has been used. - Vratix</hide>

Umm, yeah. That's it. =]

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I liked the idea of Abra soloing Alakazam. It is a huge shame you decided against that.

Also, I just realised that I can have a custom title, and so (in keeping with the spirit of the thread), any ideas?

I liked the idea of Abra soloing Alakazam. It is a huge shame you decided against that.

Also, I just realised that I can have a custom title, and so (in keeping with the spirit of the thread), any ideas?
Wait, you can have a custom title?

Either way, how about "Lapras > You"? :B Lolcat's idea is good too.

Atheno won the Trivia contest in the last issue of the Smog, so he gets a custom title. You could just do "Trivia Master" or "All hail Lapras!". You could also do something Australian, Scramble related, or Pokemon Rankings related.

Haven't updated my Scramble since Roxanne, currently have 5 badges and almost to the Weather Institute, will probably update later.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Meh, in the end, it's up to him about what he wants to have for a custom title.

EDIT: Yet another reminder about the Pg. 200 Scramble Awards, fell free to post potential catergories for the awards & comment on existing categories, di it in the Scramble Challenge (Should've been Challange) social group that Galladiator founded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)