Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoreThanBored, I just read your OP and saw that you said all Hyper Beam ripoffs. What about the original move itself? Sorry about that little nitpick, but I have a slight case of OCD.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, just popping in to say thanks to the mod who adhered to our "Traditions" & changed the title back to the way it should've been in the first place. Much appreciated.

Yay, the title's "fixed"! Anyway, no one has successfully guessed the theme of my themed Platinum scramble, so the hints are:

Hint #1: It will be a themed scramble of Platinum.
Hint #2: I will be using 4 Pokémon, each themed after a character from a certain video game I have played.
Hint #3: The game the characters are themed after isn't too complex, but it is advanced. (Yes, this means Game Boy Advance.)
Hint #4: It is not a Zelda game.
Hint #5: You can't grasp the form of this challange... it hurts...
Hint #6: It looks like this is the mother of all challanges.

The first person (besides those I have told in advance) that guesses the video game and characters correctly (via a PM to me, so this thread isn't spammed) will get to assign one of the Pokémon. Given that a large number of people on this thread don't spell that well, I'll accept misspellings. Maximum 2 guesses per person.

Oh, and MoreThanBored, the name of the Pikachu I assigned you does not have to be in all caps. Treadshot, can you confirm it doesn't break the monotype rule? It technically isn't mono-electric, it gets Agility...

MoreThanBored, can you provide me a log of Random vs E4 poke even if you win or lose? Also, if said E4 poke dies only to sandstorm, hail, poison, or burn damage caused by Random or if Random goes suicide bomber on it, it counts as victory. If it's HP does not go to zero by any move from it, Random fails that solo. That means that whatever else you have cannot touch it with anything like toxic or have abilities like flame body activate. Sorry for the rant, but I felt that I needed to clarify:)

lol, Burke, your hints were all like "it's a game I've played"
"It's got four or more characters"
"It's not Zelda"

And then you give "It's the mother (italics, wink wink) of all challenges"

Hmmm...I wonder...

Can someone, besides bw because he is doing a themed challenge, please do a platinum challenge? I have an epic mid-level challenge for them:-). Bw, 50 super repels Two hours, and 20 stolen Oran Berries later and still no Light Ball:-(. Don't worry, I have not yet given up on that 5% chance!!!! I shall start my challenge once I obtain, breed, and transfer that Pikachu!

Sorry, I would, but I will be doing a scramble as my 1st runthrough of each new game, but if you come up with an amazing mid level unova challenge, save it for me please.

I will when I get a new main game, saving spot for it now. You will get priority, but I'll make sure to tell you the rules before you post it(it might be a while until the next Unova game BUT I might get the pokemon (one of my rules is no major battle solos)on my white instead.)

EDIT: Okay MoreThanBored, if you want hard-to-find, here you go: You get Fingers the Aipom. Fingers cannot have any physical attacks until Double hit, and must use 3 of one type of move, as Fingers has 3 Fingers. Once Fingers evolves after recieving Chuck's gym badge, Fingers becomes 2Fingers, and can only use moves that are not physical and have 5 PP (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hyper Beam) besides Double hit. Fingers must set up both weathers during each battle of the E4, and can replace each of those moves after recieving the 9th, 11th, 12th, and 14th gym badges, one move per badge. Enjoy!!

King Serperior, I will allow you to use Volt Tackle as well on your Pikachu.

No one has correctly guessed my theme yet. Three of the guesses are pretty close, though.

Hint #1: It will be a themed scramble of Platinum.
Hint #2: I will be using 4 Pokémon, each themed after a character from a certain video game I have played.
Hint #3: The game the characters are themed after isn't too complex, but it is advanced. (Yes, this means Game Boy Advance.)
Hint #4: It is not a Zelda game.
Hint #5: You can't grasp the form of this challange... it hurts...
Hint #6: It looks like this is the mother of all challanges.
Hint #7: Hints #3 and #5 were not referring specifically to the original release of said game.
Hint #8: Screw you, Reggie Fils-Aime. RELEASE THE GAME IN AMERICA! IT'S BEEN WELL OVER FIVE YEARS!

OK, that pretty much settles what the game was, right? PM me your guesses. Misspellings are OK, I won't disqualify you for that.

Update 2!!
Because I kept playing and neglected to update, super long update time GO!

I go and catch my Sewaddle and name it Seamstress. It has swarm, which is nice. Bug bite and eventually Razoy Leaf serve him well. He eventually evolves into Swadloon. I go through the forest and beat Team Plasma. Finally, I get to Castelia. I go to catch Leon the Scraggy, but Swadloon evolves into Leavanny instead (sweet). I catch leon the Scraggy. Swaggering is a blessing and a curse. If they hit, Leon was to low-leveled to take it. However, If they hurt themselves, Leon can clean up easily. He has good coverage already. I walk around through the Battle Company to get the Experience Share, which gets Leon up to my party’s standards. I then get the Eviolite to boost Bushido’s defense. I get through Burgh’s gym (can’t wait for a Dewott) and fight Burgh

Vs. Burgh
Bushido vs. Whirlipede : He Pursuits for 8%, while water Pulse deals 35%. I am afraid to use Shell Blade because of Poison Point. My Evioloite on Bushido should serve me well. Poison tail does another 10%, while another Water pulse puts him at 30% health and confused. I Water Pulse first (what?) for the KO
Battleaxe vs. Leavanny: Dual Chop puts Leavanny just above 50%, while he string shots. Leavanny protects on the Dragon Rage. He then misses a Struggle Bug, while Axew KO’s
Bushido vs. Dwebble: Smack Down does 5% to Bushido, but Water Pulse OHKO’s

Easy fight thanks to the Eviolite and the raw power of Dragon Rage at this point in the game. And after seeing this animation but stopping it 6 times, I finally get my Dewott. I go on to Route 4 to Fight Bianca. It can’t be much harder than Burgh.

Vs. Bianca
Leon vs. Herdier: Leon Swaggers. The Herdier hurts itself in confusion for 40%. (I really love Swagger) Brick Break KO’s.
Bushido vs. Pignite : Water Pulse OHKO’s
Seamstress vs. Pansage: Bug Bite OHKO’s
Leon vs. Munna: Leon swaggers about like a boss. Munna yawns, but Faint Attack KO’s before the sleep kicks in

No one took damage in that battle. And we move on. And Cheren is waiting for me…

Vs. Cheren
Leon vs. Pidove: Shoot… Leon Swaggers about. Pidove hurts itself in confusion for 30%. Brick Break KO’s
Seamstress vs. Servine: Bug bite barely misses the KO, but eats his sitrus berry. Servine Leaf Tornadoes for 8%. The Sandstorm leaves (hehe pun) him with about 1 hp. I bug bite for the KO.
Leon vs. Panpour: He water guns for 10%, while I swagger about. He hurts himself for 20% and Brick Break KO’s.
Leon vs. Liepard: he sand-attacks, but Brick break KO’s anyway.

Not as easy, but still a convincing victory. I go to Nimbasa and fight Team Plasma (again). I learn that N is the king of team Plasma (!!) I won’t bore you with a battle log with N. However, suffice it to say, Leon vs the other scraggy was interesting. Especially because it kept copying my moves. I walk around Nimbasa when I realize something. Leon can only evolve by soloing a gym leader. Seamstress has to solo Clay and Joltik has to solo Brycen’s Beartic and Cryogonal for her to be of much use. So now, he has to either solo Sklya (no way) or Elesa(almost no way). The stupid Emolgas will be the bane of my existence, but I will have to do this. I am currently training Scraggy for a while. I finally get him to level 30, and feel ready for the godamn electric squirrels. I have to solo her with Leon for him to evolve

Vs. Elesa:
Leon vs. Emolga #1: Aerial Ace does 23%, while Leon Swaggers. Aerial Ace puts Leon at 15%, while faint attack does 60%. I heal Leon while she volt switches for about 8%.
Leon vs. Emolga #2: Pursuit does 1% while faint attack does 65%. Aerial ace does 28%, while I KO.
Leon vs. Emolga #1: Aerial Ace leaves Leon with 11%, but Faint Attack KO’s
Leon vs. Zebstrika: Volt switch does 22% while I heal. Spark does 28% and fully paralyzes. Volt Switch does 22% and fully paralyzes again, but Shed Skin heals it. I heal again on a volt switch. He sparks, putting Leon at 50%, but Hi Jump Kick (just learned after beating Emolga #2) KO’s.

I go on and face Cheren

Vs. Cheren
Seamstress vs. Liepard: I bug bite, but she Fakes Out first. She then torments on a razor leaf, which deals 50%
Seamstress vs. Servine: Bug bite deals 80%, eating the sitrus berry. He leaf tornadoes twice while tackle and
Bushido vs. Tranquil: She detects a Razor Shell. Air cutter does 20%, while Razor shell does 45%, but decreases her defense. She detects again. A crit air cutter, but Razor shell KO’s
Seamstress vs. Panpour: Razor leaf OHKO’s
Seamstress vs. Liepard: I protect on a fake out. Bug bite KO’s off the torment

I win that to an extent. Now to heal. I keep on going to Driftveil. I level up, nothing of note. Bushido learns revenge, which helps a lot on coverage. Seamstress has to solo Clay, so I focus on training her. After the gym, I go to face Clay

Vs. Clay
Seamstress vs. Krokorok: Bug Bite OHKO’s
Seamstress vs. Excadrill: Rock Slide does 75%, while Razor Leaf does 30%.I keep healing hoping for a miss. It is taking a lot of turns, even with bright powder. And then it flinches…. Another 10 turns for a miss, then I use an X-defend. This coincides with him running out of Rock slide PP. Finally, the mole falls to repeated Razor leaves.
Seamstress vs. Palpitoad: Razor Leaf misses, while he Aqua Rings. Razor leaf OHKO’s

I win and am ready to leave and then…
Vs. Bianca
Seamstress vs. Herdier: Bug Bite does 50%, while Take Down does 25%. Razor leaf KO’s.
Bushido vs. Pignite: Take Down does 25%, but water Pulse KO’s.
Seamstress vs. Pansage: Bug Bite OHKO’s.
Seamstress vs. Musharna: Razor Leaf does 40% while she defense curls. Bug bite barely misses the KO, while she defense curls again. One Hyper potion and another bug bite put her at 60%. One lucky chant and a hyper potion later, we are back at the beginning. I dodge a Hypnosis for the KO

So then I move on. I end this update here

Tl;dr version: I beat another 3 gym leaders and my rivals about 5 times. I caught a Sewaddle, now a Leavanny and a Scraggy, now allowed to evolve and level 31. My Oshawott evolved, and I just beat Clay and got Fly. Any questions?

Bushido the Dewott
Level 30
- Water Pulse
-Razor Shell
-Revenge
-Fury Cutter
Not bad coverage and good defense. Definitely pulls his weight

Bushido the Dewott
Level 30
- Water Pulse
-Razor Shell
-Revenge
-Fury Cutter
Not bad coverage and good defense. Definitely pulls his weight

Battleaxe the Axew
Level 30
- Dragon Rage
-Dual Chop
-Assurance
-Slash
Save steel types, OHKO’s nearly everything. The main powerhouse on the team.

Seamstress the Leavanny
Level 34
-Razor Leaf
-Protect
-But Bite
-Slash
Fairly good defense and offense for the time. Can’t wait for Leaf blade and x-scissor

Leon the Scraggy
Level 31
-Hi Jump Kick
-Faint Attack
-Headbutt
-Swagger
Swagger is a blessing in disguise. The Eviolite helped ameliorate that. Still, one of the least valuable players on the team

@axmaster68 This sounds like fun and excitement and really wild things! I accept your offer, but I have one question: Does 2fingers HAVE to have the 3 moves you mentioned? I'm a bit confused here.

Yes, 2Fingers has to have the moveset Double Hit, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Hyper Beam until he/she sets up each weather in every E4 battle and you get the 9th badge, in which case you get to replace 1 move, 11th badge you get the 2nd change, and so on.

@aditya: LOL you have two Bushidos. You must really like my challenge.

Still need one more sidekick for the PMD scramble (this is Explorers of Time btw). You do not have to attach starters anymore, since I feel I have enough options to not require starters anymore.

My fellow Smogonites, my brother bravely steps forth into this arena of greatness and asks for a Black version challenge. He only says no rude names, but I want to add that he is only a beginner and only plays Pokemon in his spare time. Give him challenges that are no higher than a 3 on the 5 point scale. He has used Oshawott, Darmaraka, Sewaddle, Zebstrika, Sigiliph, and Vanillite, so none of those. Go forth my brethren and make a challenge that shall stay with him as one that is challenging and fun.

Okay King, your brother gets Meow the Purrloin. Meow should use a sound based move every time meow enters battle, and have meow solo any 1 gym after Elesa to evolve, in which case all restrictions should carry through. Finally, have Meow 1 of every type of cat pokemon you face. Hope you like it!!

This post originally contained info about SPL4. I have removed it to avoid the possibility that someone will know an opponent's team in advance of their match.

@King Serperior: Your brother gets Acid Trip the Joltik. It can only attack opponents who are affected by Gastro Acid. It must solo a trained Poison-type to evolve.

@King Serperior: Your brother gets Epicness the Tynamo, which can evolve freely. However, it cannot use STAB once it evolves. It also can't use Normal-type moves as an Eelektross until your brother reaches the Elite Four. Evolving it via Thunderstone right as he enters the Elite Four is allowed.

Also, will your brother be facing any of the post-Ghetsis bosses?

Finally, the game my Platinum theme scramble's characters are based on has been guessed correctly (kind of) so no more PMs!

Why tynamo? It is stinking hard to find. I personally spent about 3 days in that cave and I got only one that is jolly natured. I have never found another. Also, that Joltik, he doesn't pay attention to abilities and I really do not want him to constantly bother me about abilities.

My Platinum theme scramble is ready! The theme is that I will be using Pokémon that represent characters from the Famicom game Mother, also known as Earth Bound Zero. The characters:

Ninten: Assigned by Axmaster68
Axmaster68 said:
You get Ninten the Starly. Ninten, like from the game, is extremely stubborn, and so must act under the effect of either Torment or a choice item. He falls sick a lot, so he must never KO more than 1 pokemon in each battle before he falls to an asthma attack and cannot be used again during that battle. If he gets statused, you cannot use him until he is healed at a pokemon center or berries, as his immune sytem is too poor to handle potions and other medicines that are not natural. He can evolve after defeating 1 pokemon against 4 gym leaders.

Once he evolves, he has overcome much of his athsma, and can KO 2 pokemon per battle. He starts developing feelings for girls, and so can now never face a female pokemon. Every other restriction carries over, except the ones mentioned above, but now he can evolve after KOing 4 pokemon from gym leaders.

Now that he is a Staraptor, he has so great feelings for his girlfriend(also a Staraptor) named Ana. He must be bred with her until you get a Starly with a neutral nature, which must be placed in a box together, and he, along with Ana, must periodically visit them. He can now battle female pokemon, but he must never defeat any pokemon from the Starly line of evolution. All other restrictions except the status restriction carry over. Finally, solo 5 pokemon in the E4, one of those belonging to Cynthia. Enjoy your scramble!!(if you have any questions, don't be hesitant to ask)
Lloyd: Assigned by EndQuote
EndQuote said:
bwburke94, you get Lloyd the Bidoof!
Like Lloyd in the original game, this Bidoof has very little self-confidence, so it can't battle very well.
It can only KO a maximum of one Pokémon per battle.
Afterward, it must switch out immediately, fearing criticism from his schoolmates.

It tries to be as strong as the popular kids, but can't keep up with their experience, so it decides to hold an EXP share at all times. (From Route 206 onwards)
It must always hold this EXP share and must always be in your party, because it gets lonely in boxes.

To evolve, it must solo one Pokémon from every trainer in a gym. (Including the gym leader)

It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four.
Good luck!
Ana: Assigned by Pika25
Pika25 said:
Take a female Starly named "Ana". She must be caught in the exact same area (including Lake Verity) as Ninten and must know the exact same moves as Ninten. Whenever Ninten and Ana participate in a battle against a Trainer, after Ninten gets his KO, Ana must solo the rest of that Trainer, outside of what's required by Lloyd and/or Teddy. By Trainer, I mean to include Gym Leaders. She must evolve into Staraptor before Ninten does. During the fights against the Elite Four and Cynthia, she must solo everyone not reserved for Ninten, Lloyd, or Teddy. Good luck.
Teddy: Assigned by King Serperior
King Serperior said:
Bw, take Teddy the male Ralts. You know where I am going with this, so he must evolve into Gallade. He must know Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Close Combat, and Strength. He must be bred, and his parents KOed by a gym leader while they are the only Pokemon on your team. Release both parents ASAP after this event. Teddy must then solo said leader for revenge.
I provided links to the characters' page on EarthBound Wiki due to the game's obscurity.

I will be doing this challange through the Elite Four. I will only trade to evolve. No Magikarp, Feebas, or Porygon. No paybacks, as this is a themed challange. All uses of the misspelling "challange" were intentional. I reserve the right to reject assignments if they do not fit the character.

Also...

12K GET. Wow, this challange is popular.

(EDIT: The Ninetales image has nothing to do with my challange. It was a 4chan reference.)

Bw, take Teddy the male Ralts. You know where I am going with this, so you know who to evolve him into. He must know Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Close Combat, and Strength. He cannot learn any of those moves unless he waS bred and his parents KOed by a gym leader while they are the only Pokemon on your team. Release both parents ASAP after this event. Teddy must then solo said leader for revenge. Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)