Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Direcnon, you get a Clefairy named Fairy. It must be caught as a Clefairy

How cruel are you, you caught the poor Clefairy in front of his/her best friend's eyes and the Clefairy's best friend attacks you, & you catch it.

Your Clefairy's move restrictions depend on your Fairy's ability & the other Clefairy's ability.

If they both have Magic Guard, Fairy may only use Normal Type moves in battle.
If Fairy has Magic Guard and the other has Cute Charm, Fairy cannot use Physical Attacks in battle.
If Fairy has Cute Charm and he other has Magic Guard, Fairy cannot use Special Attacks in battle.
If they both have Cute Charm, Fairy cannot use Normal type moves in battle.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Still need one more Pokemon for my Pokemon Black Scramble.

@Direcnon, your starter is a male Squirtle named Mikey (pick Piplup, and trade over Squirtle as quickly as possible). As the coolest of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, Mikey (Michelangelo) is also the most awkward of the bunch. He must have a +Speed nature, and must learn and keep the moves Aqua Tail and Skull Bash before evolving to Wartortle. Once evolved to Blastoise, Mikey must know Giga Impact, and cannot know HM moves.

right so my pearl play will have:
Sneasel. It must solo two gyms (besides the Grass one) to evolve into Weavile, and cannot learn any move with over 70 BP except Strength.
Morgana the misdrevous must have astonish and psybeam can evolve but only if no shadow ball
a Gyardos. It must know Flail and Substitute ASAP.
"Doomed" the Rotom. no items to heal always have 1 electric attack and 1 ghost attack not Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt.
a Clefairy named Fairy with the awkward thingy that i have saved on comp to look at when i get.
and a squirtle conditions pending

cheers guys will be great fun

Smogon community,

I am looking for a difficult scramble challenge on my Pokemon HeartGold version. That said, I also am looking for a fun scramble challenge. I cannot trade.

I look forward to the challenge!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Maximilian, you get a Smeargle. Over the course of your adventures, it must know attacks which begin with the letters A-t-h-e-n-o-d-o-r-o-s, in order (and don't make any mistakes, because you only learn Sketch 10 times). The last letter must be Sketch, and it must keep Sketch forever and learn it before Red. It must also solo one Gym Leader at a lower level than their main Pokemon. It can never learn any HM moves.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to troll you SO hard...

Take a Shuckle. You may teach it one of the following three moves:
Toxic
Rest
Wrap.

Every time you send it out against a Trainer, it must kill one Pokemon before switching out. It must be sent out against every Gym from Chuck on (including Kanto), and be sent out against 3 of the E4+Champ.

Maximilian, you get a Smeargle. Over the course of your adventures, it must know attacks which begin with the letters A-t-h-e-n-o-d-o-r-o-s, in order (and don't make any mistakes, because you only learn Sketch 10 times). The last letter must be Sketch, and it must keep Sketch forever and learn it before Red. It must also solo one Gym Leader at a lower level than their main Pokemon. It can never learn any HM moves.
I like your idea, but Athenodoros has one too many letters.

@Maximilian: Enjoy your brand new Larvitar (the first one you see)! It may not learn any Dark moves until it is a Tyranitar, and it may not know any Ground moves as a Tyranitar. It must always know a Rock move and a status move, when possible. You may give it one TM for every ten levels it gains, BUT it may never know more than 2 TM moves at a time. This includes HMs. It may only evolve either time after its current ability has activated 5 times. If its nature is a +Def nature, ignore every requirement above.

Name it Selective if it isn't +Def and Haxxorz if it is +Def.

@Maximilian: Enjoy your brand new Larvitar (the first one you see)! It may not learn any Dark moves until it is a Tyranitar, and it may not know any Ground moves as a Tyranitar. It must always know a Rock move and a status move, when possible. You may give it one TM for every ten levels it gains, BUT it may never know more than 2 TM moves at a time. This includes HMs. It may only evolve either time after its current ability has activated 5 times. If its nature is a +Def nature, ignore every requirement above.

Name it Selective if it isn't +Def and Haxxorz if it is +Def.
Does status include moves such as Screech and Scary Face? I think T-Wave is its only option otherwise.

Sounds good!

Synopsis thus far:

1. Smeargle: Must learn moves starting with the letters ATHENODOROS in order (one may be omitted). The letter S must remain Sketch, and it must learn it before facing Red.
2. Totodile: Cannot evolve, and cannot use any STAB moves.
3. Shuckle: Out of Rest, Toxic, or Wrap, it can only learn one. Including Chuck, it will be my lead for every gym leader afterwards, and it must be used in three of the E4 battles. It must defeat an opponent whenever sent out into battle.
4. Larvitar: If without a +Def nature (first one caught): Dark moves only as T-tar. Must always have a Rock/Status move. T-tar cannot use ground moves, and can only learn a TM every 10 levels (and only use 2 at a time; includes HMs). Abilities for Larv. and Pup. must activate 5 times before they can evolve. Nicknames are Haxxorz (+Def) or Selective (anything else).

Two to go!

@Maximlian you could use the move relearner in blackthorne. EDIT damn that took forever, I meant use it to get sketch on smeagle 11 times.

Now time for an update on my challenge.
@route 34. Did a bit of grinding, slugma egg finally hatched, and took on the gym. Went to Ecruteak did the burned tower thing and took on the gym (it was easy). Went to Olivine climbed the lighthouse met Jasmine and left to get the secret potion. Went to Cianwood got the potion did a ton of grinding (mostly just odd dish) and took on the gym. Soloed it with Odd dish (thats 1 requirement met), but couldn't beat chuck with odd dish (it was doing ~1/6 to his poliwrath with mega drain wtf?) so I used fortehlulz (thanks again treadshot :P). Next was back to Olivine dude bro still way to weak so off to Mahogany town. Went to the LoR defeated the red gyarados and met lance (bit early to dress up for halloween lance). Decided to help him with TR (what other choice did I have?) so i went back to Mahogany. Into the TR hideout and , wait what are you doing lance? stop hitting people with hyper beams! Oh well at least he found the entrance so down we went. Defeated all the TR scum and decided to grind some more so back to the LoR. Using my good rod fishing in the lake of rage i get a bite and what do I find? A SHINY MAGIKARP! I immediately cought it and it was sent to my pc so I saved, flew back and checked. It has a calm nature o_o oh well guess its staying a magikarp forever. Went to Union cave and did some more grinding (apparently a lvl30 slowpoke is ohkoed by jasmines magnemite). Right now I'm still grinding (damn you doom, damn you!) and will update again after the E4.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Maximilian, as a counterpart to Larvitar, you may also take a Dratini. Make it any of the Dratini variants of the Smogon Little Cup analysis, item usage and nature included. You may replace ExtremeSpeed with your choice of move, if you wish. It must be a level 50 Dratini before your first battle with the Elite Four, and it must solo at least one of Lance's Pokemon before it can evolve to Dragonair. You may evolve it to Dragonite if you wish after receiving the National Pokedex.

Direcnon you get a Gyardos. It must know Flail and Substitute ASAP.

I have started my HG Scramble and caught the Unown. The first Unown I ran into was an Unown H. I attack an Unown and Levitate activates therefore HP type is Ground the first Ground type available in HG after the letter H? Larvitar. I didn`t want to wait until Red to get one so I traded in an egg.
You have got to be kidding me. A Larvitar? Seriously? Damn you and your lucky-ness. ;) lol

Max, i'll give you your last, just gimme a second

Okay, fine. I'll just give you this: MGR(spec.) The spec tag indicates a pokemon that is sort of a MTP, but not scompletely. So here it is:

MGR(spec.) stand for Mono Grass Roselia. Yes, you can get a Budew walking through either Ilex Forest in Johto, or Viridian Forest in Kanto. It may only use Grass type attacks in battle (it can learn other stuff, but in battle only Grass moves). It must evolve into Roselia asap, but never Roserade. It must also solo one Gym trainer in Fuchsia. Call it "RuinedByA1".

(I'm assuming you're playing this through to Kanto, where you'll have access to pokemon from outside the Johto Dex, if not tell me and i'll give you something else)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Happy Halloween Scramblers!

Quick earl-game update.

BAMF the Quilava lv 14, Rash
Ember, Quick Attack, Smokescreen, Leer

Pretty much as expected, it does well.

Meep the Flaaffy lv 16, Naughty
Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

It does pretty good with STAB T-shock raping. Still gets walled by Wooper.

Larvitar lv 9, Mild
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Sandstorm

THiS THING IS A BEAST! The male Tar I used to breed had Quake, Edge, Crunch, a perfect Attck IV and a perfect HP IV and is destroying everything. It`s taking out lv 9 Vulpix`s at level 2.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yup, but it was literally the only male I had, I had like three female tars. And much to my chagrin I could not find male Dragon Dance Mence. TBH I have no issue giving level up moves through breeding on runs like this. For example on my mono Bug run my early-game MVP was my Spinarak because it had gotten Psychic and Poison Jab from the parent.

HeartGold Scramble Challenge:

Totodile - Cannot evolve, and cannot use any STAB moves.

Smeargle - Must learn moves starting with the letters ATHENODOROS in order (one may be omitted). The letter S must remain Sketch, and it must learn it before facing Red.

Shuckle - Out of Rest, Toxic, or Wrap, it can only learn one. Including Chuck, it will be my lead for every gym leader afterwards, and it must be used in three of the E4 battles. It must defeat an opponent whenever sent out into battle.

Larvitar - If without a +Def nature (first one caught): Dark moves only as T-tar. Must always have a Rock/Status move. T-tar cannot use ground moves, and can only learn a TM every 10 levels (and only use 2 at a time; includes HMs). Abilities for Larv. and Pup. must activate 5 times before they can evolve. Nicknames are Haxxorz (+Def) or Selective (anything else).

Dratini - Will become one of the many Dratini variants of the Smogon Little Cup analysis, item usage and nature included (ExtremeSpeed is replaceable). It must be level 50 before my first battle with the Elite Four, and it must solo at least one of Lance's Pokemon before it can evolve to Dragonair. Can be evolved further after the Nat. Dex.

Budew (RuinedByA1) - Grass-type attacks only in battle. Evolve into Roselia ASAP, but never into Roserade. Must solo a Fuchsia gym trainer.

To heighten the difficulty of this challenge, I am considering banning Tyranitar from my team (keeping Pupitar). I'll play it by ear. All in all, this will definitely be interesting. Thanks for the effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)