Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double post, but I'm cool like Texas so..... yea.
My solo challenge with Mankey on FR, I'm requesting a new restriction (sorry KingOfKongs). Honestly, I don't mind beating Brock with a lv.10 Mankey, but beating Misty with a lv.15 Mankey so that It doesn't learn Fury Swipes and get over 90 total base power. Then I looked and it actually says LESS than 90 base power, so I would have to beat Misty before actually learning Karate Chop = lv.10 still. I have also checked and the current tm's available aren't of much help.

Requestion new restriction for solo Mankey challenge. Easy to medium difficulty (Like It_A_Random's)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Very well then. Your Mankey has a bad temper & doesn't like being badly wounded, & as such, if it's health drops into the "Red zone", he goes into "Beserk Mode". In Beserk Mode, you must pick one move, & it must use that same move until it either dies or the selected move runs out of PP (In which case, you must select a different move). If this happens, you have permission to use a potion once per battle.

Have fun.

@Galladiator, is that one of your signature pokemon or something?
Assuming you're talking about the Nidoran, not technically; I don't really have a "signature" to speak of. I just felt it was convenient to give out the same Pokemon twice.

@DragonBreath: Yeah, forgot about that, sorry.

Let me change that:

5: May only know status moves; solo Byron to evolve
6: May only know level-up moves; no evolution restrictions

That's it then! I will attempt to beat Pokémon Pearl using only:

Goodyear the Drifloon
I rolled a 6, so the restriction is that it may only know level-up moves, with no restrictions on the evolution.

Wish me luck!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FireRed
Originally Posted by Fat Texas Cloverleaf

Take a Koffing. Its moveset mist contain three non-damaging moves. If the remaining move is Special, it must always be your lowest levelled team member. If its remaining move is Physical, it must solo one of Sabrina`s Pokemon and three of her gym trainers. If its remaining move is support, do what you want with it. Anyway you go, it must solo Giovanni to evolve. Name it choking.

Final restriction. It must solo Lance`s Dragonite, as a Weezing.

auramaster, take a Horsea. Evolve it to Seadra by soloing every trainer between Fuschia and Cinnabar with only Water moves. At that point, it may no longer learn Water moves. Solo Bruno. Also, don't learn Ice Beam.

If you don't evolve it, solo Lance instead of Bruno.
Jukapoke,trade in a Bulbasaur. In order for this Bulbasaur to fight it must always have 2 powder moves. If you choose to evolve it to Ivysaur it must solo Koga but if you evolve it to Venusaur it must solo Lance.

Dummy 007 take a Growlithe named Raphael that cannot learn any physical attacks or fire attacks to evolve.

I'm just waiting for someone to take a HARD Scramble challenge (hehe).

All Special Gyarados, can't learn Thunder if you teach it Surf, can't learn Blizzard if you teach it Waterfall.

Sprocket, if you don`t mind me giving you a second mon, I give you a Drowzee named Dreamz. It must know Hypnosis, Dream Eater and Nightmare (if possible) ASAP. if you can`t teach it Nightmare have it know Skill Swap instead.

BTW, Nightmare is an XD tutor move. I don`t know if you can get it in FR/LG.

FireRed payback for sig purposes.

The team

Gyarados lv 48 @Blackglasses, Bold
Surf, Fire Blast, Bite, Blizzard

After evolving gyarados quickly showed his use which would remain constant the entire challenge, that being a great defender but a shitty attacker. After defeating Blaine he finally gained the coverage he'd always wanted in the form of Fire Blast and Blizzard which would help him in the E4.
E4 useage: Helped defeat one of Agatha's Gengar's, helped defeated Rival's Pidgeot (soloed), Alakazam and Exeggutor.

Weezing lv 53, Docile
Sludge, Toxic, Taunt, Double Team

Despite the apparent issues with his movepool he was rarely troubled because of it. Coming at such a high level made training a breeze and his support set of Toxic, Taint and Double Team was perfect for the purposes needed. by choosing Sludge as his final move he gained a strong STAB move that more importantly had ample PP, however this meant he had some soling to do in the 6th gym. This proved to be of little consequence as he went on to solo most of the gym including Sabrina's Kadabra, Mr. Mime and Alakazam. Later on against Giovanni he was tested more. Although he was able to Toxic stall Rhyhorn and Dugtrio, maxing his evasion in the process, the Nido familys quad resistance proved too much for Sludge to take down alone. As a result, a combination of confusion recoil and the awesome power of Struggle was necessary to take down Nidoking and Rhyhorn.
E4 useage: Umm, he walled Agatha a bit? Outside of that all he did was Toxic stall Lance's Dragonite.

Bramble (venusaur) lv 50, Gentle
Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder

Bramble never lost utility after finalizing her moveset at level 21. All of her moves proved useful, with Poisonpowder gaining use at the endgame with the many resistances of Grass becoming more prominent. However, late-game took its toll on her, as her Gentle nature has too much for her to take on most attackers.
E4 useage: Was imperative in walling Rival's Gyarados. Sololed Lance's Gyarados, Aerodactyl (hard, man) and 2 Dragonairs as per the challenge.

Dreamz (hypno) lv 48, Naughty
Psychic, Skill Swap, Hypnosis, Dream Eater

Despite her early game beasttliness she was unable to be of much use lategame as her defenses were not sufficient against most foes. Further, Psychic has low PP and just lacked the power to do more than 2HKO things. Backed by her low speed she just became lacking.
E4 useage: Occasional walling of Psychic pokemon. That was it really.

MVP

Starmie lv 52, Adamant
Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Recover

Despite the Adamant nature, upon evolving at level 46 it became the monster I envisioned it would be. Amazing coverage, strong power and good STABS made this beast a true bro.
E4 useage: Lets see, Soloed Lorelei, Soloed Bruno, mostly soloed Agatha, kill Rivals Alakazam and Charizard as well as damaging some of his other mons.

LVP

Horsea lv 11, (nature)
Bubble, Smokescreen, Surf

Coming so late in the game with a truly horrendous movepool at a time when all the trainer experience need to go to Koffing and Staryu doomed Horsea to poke oblivion. Little useage=LVP.

And that concludes my FireRed Payback Scramble Challenge. With B/W coming out tomorrow i dont expect to get any Scrambling done for a few weeks but when I next update it will be with my Variable challenge, the latest activity on which was grinding in Wayward Cave. Outstanding Scrambles still to be done are: Variable Challenge, Red challenge, Platinum Payback Challenge, Emerald Payback Challenge and the Hardest Scramble Challenge EVER.

Which brings me to my final message. It seems nobody noticed it but on the previous page I requested one new pokemon for my PLatinum Payback Challenge as I absolutely refuse to have to breed Agility and Baton Pass onto it. Thanks!

I've just realised how horrible my Solo Scramble is going to be. Drifloon doesn't get Payback until level 17, before which it can barely touch Roark. Plus, Drifblim's attacking options are so limited, with Explosion completely out of the equation, the only other options are Shadow Ball, Payback (both of which could be good), Spit Up, Ominous Wind, Astonish, Gust and Constrict.
Plus the added drawback of having to trade it over, meaning it won't obey me regularly.

I will not give up though. Drifloon will get through this!

@DragonBreath, just trade it over as an egg, that way it'll atleast obey you.

Anyways, we are nearing the end of the page 300 scramble awards, last chance for nominations.

@DragonBreath, just trade it over as an egg, that way it'll atleast obey you.
What I did with Pika for the solo run in Diamond: I made sure to hatch the Pichu in my Diamond (at level 1 of course), use my Pearl to level it up to 5 (evolving it into Pikachu in the process), then trade it back to my Diamond, so that it obeys me and starts the solo run at Level 5.

Black Scramble Challange

Scramble ends after beating Elite Four II, Cynthia, and Morimoto. (If I'm overlooking something late game, please let me know)
All pokemon must be nicknamed.
No more than 3 pokemon may be weak to any one type.
I can trade for evolution purposes only. If for some reason you want me to use an In-Game trade, that's ok too.
Any challenges that conflict with each other will have the earlier challenge done only. I will point out conflicts and you may change the challenge.
No forced grinding.
No NFE.
I must have 6 pokemon before Reshiram, 1 Starter and 5 others.
I don't use HM Slaves, so my team must be able to use Cut, Fly, Surf, Waterfall, and Strength.
For most of White, this was my team, so I'm not allowing these or their evolutions: Tepig, Sigilyph, Drilbur, Tirtouga, Zoroa, Sawk
I reserve the right to reject any challenge.
Challenges should be enjoyable and not tedious.

@HotDave take a mincinno or however you spell it, none of it's moves can be boosted by technician. enjoy

ugh i hate nicknaming, name it Technotion

Dave, take whatever I'm soloing Black with: Shelly the Oshawott, no learning special attacks other than Water Gun and Surf. Only this time, there are no soloing requirements and no restrictions for evolution.

By the way, the Minccino must be NN'd.

@HotDave, you get a venipede named "Sixtypede". This venipede loves the number 60, but hates anything above sixty, so it refuses to use moves with a BP >60. Additionally, it doesn't want to be >lvl 60 when you battle the E4 for the first time, so it must be lvl60 or under to be used. Lastly, it must be in your team when you battle the person in the spoiler tag.
N after the E4.

Good luck.

@HotDave:

you get Jay the scraggy...this scraggy thinks that is the coolest 5th generation guy so it must always wear blackglasses...
to evolve must solo ice-type gym...as a scrafty must solo one elite4 member on the first run(your choice)...
at least one dark and one fighting move at all times...

Ok, I'm gonna start a scramble challenge in Blue Version after I'm done with my nuzlocke challenge. :)

Actually I'm going to do a Silver Scramble challenge. My only rules are no nicknames and I can't trade(and please don't make me breed pokes for attacks or w/e)

@LordAizen, for silver catch a meowth, the only restriction is that it must learn and keep payday and use it in every battle that it appears in.
Good luck.

For everyone else, it's page 300! A list of the nominations for the awards will be edited in soon.
1. Best Scrambler: The user who has been in general, the best challenge giver.
Its_A_Random
Texas Cloverleaf
Dark Ray (vote for him)

2. Meanest Scrambler: The user who's been the meanest challenge giver.
DetroitLolcat
BiGGiE
Texas Cloverleaf

3. Most Creative Scrambler: The user who's been the most creative challenge giver.
Dummy007
Vratix
DetroitLolcat

4. Best Challengee: Awarded to the user who will take challenges well, or simply take challenges in his/her stride (To qualify, one must ask for a minimum of 2 challenges).
Texas Cloverleaf
Its_A_Random

5. Most Difficult Challenge.
Atheno's Magikarp
Detroit's Pidgey
Texas' Turtwig
Breludicolo's Chikorita
Lightsabre's Lapras

6. Most Difficult Team To Scramble With.
Texas Cloverleaf's hardest scramble ever team
auramaster's EXTREME HG team
aditya8081's HG team
Atheno's team

7. Most Creative Challenge.
Dummy007's GDS challenge
Dexington's variable challenge
DetroitLolcat's declining whismur challenge
Dark Ray's peace man meditite challenge (obviously the best)

You may now vote! PM me with your votes, 1 vote per entry, don't vote for yourself, etc etc etc. Voting will end Monday March 7th @11pm EST.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
LordAizen, take a Bellsprout (For Silver). It must know & keep Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder, & Stun Spore. The other move is up to you.

Have fun.

I still need 2 more for Black.

So Far:

@HotDave take a mincinno or however you spell it, none of it's moves can be boosted by technician. enjoy
Dave, take whatever I'm soloing Black with: Shelly the Oshawott, no learning special attacks other than Water Gun and Surf. Only this time, there are no soloing requirements and no restrictions for evolution.
@HotDave, you get a venipede named "Sixtypede". This venipede loves the number 60, but hates anything above sixty, so it refuses to use moves with a BP >60. Additionally, it doesn't want to be >lvl 60 when you battle the E4 for the first time, so it must be lvl60 or under to be used. Lastly, it must be in your team when you battle the person in the spoiler tag.

you get Jay the scraggy...this scraggy thinks that is the coolest 5th generation guy so it must always wear blackglasses...
to evolve must solo ice-type gym...as a scrafty must solo one elite4 member on the first run(your choice)...
at least one dark and one fighting move at all times...

Ok so do I choose the starter or does somebody pick it for me?

BTW thanks for the suggestions I love All 3 of the pokemon you guys suggested :D

@Hotdave: I don't know alot about BW but if it's possible catch the gear thing Klingklang or whatever its' called.

Any requirements for Klinklang?

Also pokemon #6 must a) be able to learn fly, b) not be weak vs. fighting c) be nicknamed.

@LordAizen: Take a Sentret named Normalize. It thinks that it has the ability Normalize, so it may only know one Normal-typed move at a time (why use more when its other moves will be Normal anyway?). It must always know a Normal-typed move, and its entire moveset must be attacking moves. Because it thinks all its moves are Normal-typed, it must always immediately switch out against Ghost-types and it may never use an attack if that attack is not neutral against the opponent (or not very effective against Steels), since you don't want to shatter its illusion. It must solo Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)