Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treadshot is actually being nice? End times, people...

Anyway, take a Chatot named MJ. Once he learns Chatter, it must use it once in every battle it is involved in. For its Chatter sound, record yourself singing a Michael Jackson song of your choice (preferably Beat It or Billie Jean).

Treadshot is actually being nice? End times, people...

Anyway, take a Chatot named MJ. Once he learns Chatter, it must use it once in every battle it is involved in. For its Chatter sound, record yourself singing a Michael Jackson song of your choice (preferably Beat It or Billie Jean).
I ADORE that idea!
I'm going to put it in right away!

@Kepperino

You get a Gible, unfortunately he had a bad experience with Palkia when he was younger that left him afraid of fighting. Name him Pacifist. As the name suggests, he cannot use any attacking moves. He must solo 5 trainer's Pokemon of your choice to evolve. After this, he becomes more okay with fighting and decides he wants to be the strongest dragon ever. From this point on he must solo every other dragon you encounter in the game and can only use his STAB moves and non damaging moves, rename him something fitting. He must solo all members of the legendary trio to evolve again (if you want you can skip out Mesprit), after which he decides that he loves fighting. Now you must rename him RAWR ANGRY. He can now only use attacking STAB moves. In order to be able to to use any move, he must solo Palkia. Finally, he must solo Cynthia's Garchomp, to prove his own worth and status as the best Dragon Pokemon ever.

@Kepperino

You get a Gible, unfortunately he had a bad experience with Palkia when he was younger that left him afraid of fighting. Name him Pacifist. As the name suggests, he cannot use any attacking moves. He must solo 5 trainer's Pokemon of your choice to evolve. After this, he becomes more okay with fighting and decides he wants to be the strongest dragon ever. From this point on he must solo every other dragon you encounter in the game and can only use his STAB moves and non damaging moves, rename him something fitting. He must solo all members of the legendary trio to evolve again (if you want you can skip out Mesprit), after which he decides that he loves fighting. Now you must rename him RAWR ANGRY. He can now only use attacking STAB moves. In order to be able to to use any move, he must solo Palkia. Finally, he must solo Cynthia's Garchomp, to prove his own worth and status as the best Dragon Pokemon ever.
Great, this is the last member to my team! I'll soon start the Scramble.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, confirming that my Pearl Hard Solo Run has officially started. :)
Here's the challenge I will attempt to solo the game with.
Take a Turtwig. It must know Substitute, Leech Seed, and Synthesis.
Final move is determined as follows:
+Atk=Razor Leaf
+Def=Curse
+SAtk=Wood Hammer
+SDef=Absorb
+Spd=Giga impact
Neutral=Anything but no SRing.

Solo every Pokemon in the game.
Good Luck me. I'll probably update later after I get my first badge.

Accepting an Emerald Challenge. Can't trade, though. :c.

Got my entire team! Can't wait to start on this.

By the way, I don't want it to be TOO challenging, like soloing Flannery with JUST a Shroomish that can only use PoisonPowder on her with no Potions whatsoever.

I'd like to start with Mudkip, by the way.
@Oh my Biscuits

You get Obnoxious the Seviper. This seviper hates all other pokemon and will glare at them a lot. It also thinks it's better than all the other pokemon so it has a bit of a swagger. It also likes to taunt other pokemon about the fact that it is so much better than them. Its last move depends on nature

+atk- poison tail
+def- earthquake
+sp. atk- giga drain
+sp. def- crunch
+speed- poison fang
neutral- return/frustration
No resetting :)
@ Oh My Biscuits: Take a Zubat, name it Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid battle, it must switch out. That is all.
@ Oh My Biscuits

You get an Aron. He may not use any STAB moves and upon evolution to Aggron, he may only use special moves.
@Oh My Biscuits: You get a Zigzagoon named Filch. It must learn Thief (which is in Slateport) ASAP and keep it. It cannot evolve until it steals three hold items.
@Oh My Biscuits: Take a male Chinchou named JohnHancok. JohnHancok loves signatures (appropriately)! As such it must comply partially with the rules of each of the following signature challenges:

Treadshot A1: Mono-Electric Pachirisu- Must always know one Electric-typed move.
Texas Cloverleaf: RAEP the Gyarados- Must learn Flail and keep it forever.
Its_A_Random: Flapper, the Cheri Berry Zubat- Must always hold a Cheri Berry to battle.
Dummy007: Green Day Slowpoke- Must know two status moves simultaneously to evolve.
Galladiator: Memphis the Sneasel- Must learn and keep a weather-inducing move forever.
Fire Blast: Timmy the Poliwag- After four turns in battle, you must roll a die to see what he will use: 1-4 correspond to that move in the move list, 5 is roll again, 6 is your choice.

Oh, and one more:
~10% of the challanges that have ever been issued in this thread: Close Leveling- JohnHancok may never be more than five levels lower than the highest-levelled Pokemon in your party. If it breaks this rule when you catch it, immediately level it up until it fits the requirement.
Biscuits gets a Ralts named Biscuits. It must know attacking moves of three different types, none of which being on this list: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic. (Hidden Power counts as whatever type it is, for example Electric if it is HP Electric.) No evolution restrictions. Solo Juan.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to start a platinum challenge
I don't want it to be too difficult.
I cannot trade and I don't want to breed.
I also don't want any of the three starters.
I think that's all :)

Team
Rotom from Kepperino
You get Spark, the Rotom.
After you finally freed him from that TV he had been locked up in by Team Galactic, he seeks for revenge. Therefore he must solo every Team Galactic Grunt.
While being locked up in the television, all he did was sending Shock Waves in the room, in the hope that anyone would notice him. Therefore he must always have this move.
It will only be when Team Galactic is defeated, that he will find happiness.
Kricketot from Its A Random
@ Screwdriver: Take a Kricketot, name it Bide King. It must know & keep Bide & it must solo 10 Trained Pokemon through Bide Damage to evolve. It must solo a minimum of 50 Trained Pokemon through Bide Damage throughout the game.
Zubat from Oh My Biscuits
@Screwdriver

You get Tricky the Zubat. Tricky likes to play practical jokes on everybody. He must always have Astonish & Confuse Ray on him, & Supersonic until you learn Confuse Ray. Since he likes spreading mass confusion & scaring Pokemon, what would be better than to use Astonish/Confuse Ray on all Pokemon that you battle? You have to use Astonish on every Pokemon you face except for Normal types. He cannot evolve until he uses Confuse Ray on at least 30 Pokemon & beats them. He can evolve into Crobat at any time after he evolves into Golbat. The other two moves are your choice.
Starly/Bidoof from Rackham
@Screwdriver

To replace your starter, catch the first Pokemon you see in the wild (that you can catch). Name it Starter.

If it is a Bidoof: He may only use Tackle, Growl and HM moves. He must solo Oreburgh Gym and in order to evolve, he must solo another gym leader of your choice.

If it is a Starly: No restrictions until evolution, except that he can only use quick attack in the grass type gym. As a Staravia, it must solo one of a gym leader's pokemon using only not very effective moves. As a Staraptor, he can only use recoil moves.
Wooper from Dummy007
EDIT: You get a male Wooper named ChrlySheen. It idolizes Charlie Sheen, unsurprisingly, so its ability must be Water Absorb (to make it easier to do intravein drugs) and it must know one move from each of the following categories by the Elite Four:

Get Drunk: Amnesia / Haze
Get Women: Attract / Captivate
Brag About How Awesome You Are: Swagger / Natural Gift / Secret Power / Hidden Power / Hail (since he hails himself so much)
Bi-Winning: Any move with 90+ Base Power (Sludge Bomb / Muddy Water / Ice Beam / Surf / Earthquake / Iron Tail / Blizzard; Aqua Tail / Earth Power also count if you can find the tutors for them)

As evidence of his awesomeness, he must solo a Gym Leader to evolve and another one to be able to fight the Elite Four. He must be used in at least two Elite Four/Champion battles

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Oh my Biscuits

You get Obnoxious the Seviper. This seviper hates all other pokemon and will glare at them a lot. It also thinks it's better than all the other pokemon so it has a bit of a swagger. It also likes to taunt other pokemon about the fact that it is so much better than them. Its last move depends on nature

+atk- poison tail
+def- earthquake
+sp. atk- giga drain
+sp. def- crunch
+speed- poison fang
neutral- return/frustration
No resetting :)

@ Screwdriver

You get Spark, the Rotom.
After you finally freed him from that TV he had been locked up in by Team Galactic, he seeks for revenge. Therefore he must solo every Team Galactic Grunt.
While being locked up in the television, all he did was sending Shock Waves in the room, in the hope that anyone would notice him. Therefore he must always have this move.
It will only be when Team Galactic is defeated, that he will find happiness.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@ Oh My Biscuits: Take a Zubat, name it Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid battle, it must switch out. That is all.

@ Screwdriver: Take a Kricketot, name it Bide King. It must know & keep Bide & it must solo 10 Trained Pokemon through Bide Damage to evolve. It must solo a minimum of 50 Trained Pokemon through Bide Damage throughout the game.

Have fun you two.

@Screwdriver

You get Tricky the Zubat. Tricky likes to play practical jokes on everybody. He must always have Astonish & Confuse Ray on him, & Supersonic until you learn Confuse Ray. Since he likes spreading mass confusion & scaring Pokemon, what would be better than to use Astonish/Confuse Ray on all Pokemon that you battle? You have to use Astonish on every Pokemon you face except for Normal types. He cannot evolve until he uses Confuse Ray on at least 30 Pokemon & beats them. He can evolve into Crobat at any time after he evolves into Golbat. The other two moves are your choice.

@Screwdriver

To replace your starter, catch the first Pokemon you see in the wild (that you can catch). Name it Starter.

If it is a Bidoof: He may only use Tackle, Growl and HM moves. He must solo Oreburgh Gym and in order to evolve, he must solo another gym leader of your choice.

If it is a Starly: No restrictions until evolution, except that he can only use quick attack in the grass type gym. As a Staravia, it must solo one of a gym leader's pokemon using only not very effective moves. As a Staraptor, he can only use recoil moves.

@ Oh My Biscuits

You get an Aron. He may not use any STAB moves and upon evolution to Aggron, he may only use special moves.

@Oh My Biscuits: You get a Zigzagoon named Filch. It must learn Thief (which is in Slateport) ASAP and keep it. It cannot evolve until it steals three hold items.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Pearl Hard Solo Run Update #1

Here's the first update to my Pearl Hard Solo Run as promised.

Original Post

Texas (Male Turtwig) @ Nothing
Lv:17/Hardy/Overgrow
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Curse
-Razor Leaf
Restriction: Must know & keep Substitute, Leech Seed & Synthesis. The last move depends on Nature.
+Atk=Razor Leaf
+Def=Curse
+SAtk=Wood Hammer
+SDef=Absorb
+Spd=Giga impact
Neutral=Any move (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Started Adventure.
  • Made myself a boy & called myself Random.
  • Called my Rival Idiot.
  • Went to the lake after the threat of being fined an obscene amount of money.
  • Got Turtwig & beat a Starly!
  • Checked its nature, got Hardy nature, yay...(And no SRing either)
  • Went to the Pokemon lab in Sandgem & officially obtained Turtwig, naming him Texas, after the challenge giver.
  • Got a Journal, learned how to catch a Pokemon & caught a Starly & a Bidoof as HM Slaves.
  • Went to Jubilife, got the Hidden Power TM & the Poketch.
  • Beat trainers on Route 204.
  • Beat Idiot with the help of a Potion in what was a Tackle drag-fest.
  • Made my way to Oreburgh City.
  • Went to the Mine to fetch Roark.
  • Went to his Gym.
  • Beat the minor trainers there.
  • Beat Roark comfortably, even though Onix & Cranidos outsped Texas.
  • Yay, First Badge!
  • Healed up at the Pokemon Centre.
  • In Oreburgh City at the moment.

That's all for now. Still early days, with a long way to go, but yeah. see you all next update.

@Oh My Biscuits: Take a male Chinchou named JohnHancok. JohnHancok loves signatures (appropriately)! As such it must comply partially with the rules of each of the following signature challenges:

Treadshot A1: Mono-Electric Pachirisu- Must always know one Electric-typed move.
Its_A_Random: Flapper, the Cheri Berry Zubat- Must always hold a Cheri Berry to battle.
Dummy007: Green Day Slowpoke- Must know two status moves simultaneously to evolve.
Galladiator: Memphis the Sneasel- Must learn and keep a weather-inducing move forever.
Fire Blast: Timmy the Poliwag- After four turns in battle, you must roll a die to see what he will use: 1-4 correspond to that move in the move list, 5 is roll again, 6 is your choice.

Oh, and one more:
~10% of the challanges that have ever been issued in this thread: Close Leveling- JohnHancok may never be more than five levels lower than the highest-levelled Pokemon in your party. If it breaks this rule when you catch it, immediately level it up until it fits the requirement.

@Screwdriver: You will get a Wooper once I finish the above challange.

EDIT: You get a male Wooper named ChrlySheen. It idolizes Charlie Sheen, unsurprisingly, so its ability must be Water Absorb (to make it easier to do intravein drugs) and it must know one move from each of the following categories by the Elite Four:

Get Drunk: Amnesia / Haze
Get Women: Attract / Captivate
Brag About How Awesome You Are: Swagger / Natural Gift / Secret Power / Hidden Power / Hail (since he hails himself so much)
Bi-Winning: Any move with 90+ Base Power (Sludge Bomb / Muddy Water / Ice Beam / Surf / Earthquake / Iron Tail / Blizzard; Aqua Tail / Earth Power also count if you can find the tutors for them)

As evidence of his awesomeness, he must solo a Gym Leader to evolve and another one to be able to fight the Elite Four. He must be used in at least two Elite Four/Champion battles

Oh, and one more:
Here's where I'm a bit confused; Do you mean status as in Toxic & Thunder Wave, or status as in Physical, Special, Status?

Biscuits gets a Ralts named Biscuits. It must know attacking moves of three different types, none of which being on this list: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic. (Hidden Power counts as whatever type it is, for example Electric if it is HP Electric.) No evolution restrictions. Solo Juan.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
@Newby n00b
Pearl: Your starter is a Turtwig. It's challenge depends on what hidden power you have. You must keep hidden power. Name it Leonardo
Bug: May only know STAB moves
Dark: Must solo every Luxray, Cherubi, and Gible in the game.
Dragon: To show his connection with his inner ancient beast, he must use Ancinet Power against every Dragon type it battles.
Electric: It doesn't think it does anything, as it's immune to it. Since it's immune to it, you have no challenge.
Fighting: Must punch the equivilent of Rebbecca Black in the face. (solo Drifblim)
Fire: It feels connection with your rival's Chimchar, and must learn and keep another move that the Chimchar line has.
Flying: He believes he can soar, and refuses to do any non-mandatory walking areas as soon as you can use Fly.
Ghost: Who you gonna call? Well since you don't have a phone, the pokewatch (or whatever it's called) will have to do. Every time after he battles, you must use every app on your watch at least once.
Grass: Believes it's of noble ancestry and refuses to learn any moves of the commoner types. It may only know Grass, Water, Fire, Dragon and Psychic moves.
Ground: It thinks Grass Leonardo is an asshole, and may only know moves of types Grass Leonardo can't.
Ice: It fears itself, and so must never use Hidden Power. If an opponent uses Hidden Power, it shits itself and must switch out immediately.
Poison: It must solo 40 gym leader pokemon. That number decreases by going to a new route, and every pokemon it solos there, the number decreases by one.
Psychic: It uses its psychic powers to solo all of the wannabe psychics in the game. (the psychic trainers)
Rock: He is a Caveturtle, and may only know naturul move types. (Fire, Grass, Ground, Rock, Water)
Steel: It is a robot, and it knows it must get rid of future competition. That's why when you battle with Dawn, it must kill all of her pokemon before it can attack the opponents'.
Water: May not learn any STAB moves.

Fire Red: You get the second greatest pokemon ever, second to only Slaking. That's right you get a Mankey/Primeape. But this is no ordinary Primeape, this Primeape defends his friends. That's why every time another one of your pokemon is hit with a super effective attack, you must switch in Primeape. Name it UMAD? IMAD

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Newby n0Ob, for Pearl, take a no-evolution Misdreavus, name it Missy. It must solo 10 Gym Leader Pokemon & 5 E4 Pokemon. That's all.

For Fire Red, start with Charmander, name it Behemoth. It must solo Erika to evolve & Blaine to evolve again. Once in his final form, you may not use any attacking moves with a Base Power of 119 or less.

Have fun.

Newby n0Ob: For Pearl, take a Bidoof and name it Doofus. In order to show everyone that Bidoofs are not the worst pokemon ever, it may never evolve, and once he gets a move over 60 base power, he must keep it. And if he learns a move with BP 60+ and he already has a full moveset, if there is a weaker move, he replaces the stronger move with that.
If you didn't get that, basically a full out offensive Bidoof.

Fire Red: Take a Geodude, name it Balboa. It may never use status moves, you cannot evolve him until Lv. 30, and once he reaches Lv. 30, you have a choice. If you do not evolve him, you are ready to go. If you DO evolve him, he must solo the next 10 trainers.

@ newby noob:

for pearl you get starly the Reckless...
inspired by staraptor's 5th gen dream world ability must learn and keep brave bird and double edge as its only attacking moves asap...
to compensate with the recoil must learn roost asap and use it immediately after using one of the above moves(example:first turn brave bird, second turn roost...)...
last move your choice...
solo your rival's starly/staravia/staraptor in every battle...

newby noob:

For Pearl, grab yourself a Gible from Wayward Cave. If you evolve it into a Garchomp, it must hold a Macho Brace for the rest of the game. You get the Macho Brace from Pastoria City, BTW.

For Fire Red, use the first Pokemon you get upon leaving Mt. Moon. Note that this DOESN'T mean you must get something from Route 4 - you can avoid grass patches until you reach the Route of your choice before fulfilling this requirement. No Repels or resetting allowed. Regardless of what it is, it may never be within 7 levels of the highest levelled member of your party. (e.g. if your highest levelled member is Lvl 40, this Pokemon may not be Lvl 32 or more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)