Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zuzu
Bring a Basculin named Machinist
As such, as soon as possible you must teach Machinist only TMs and HMs.
However, as an engineer's assistant he must be diverse, therefore he may not know more than one HM of any type and no more than 2 moves of the same type period.

Ok then same moveset, same flame charge restriction and also solo ground gym to evolve into pignite and 5 times Bianca and Cheren(not 5 each, just 5 both) to be able to evolve into emboar...

@ItsARandom
Sorry missed your post at first.
Now for the Second Insanely creative challenge.

Bring the resuscitated Archen and name it The Raven if it is male or The Crow if it's female.
As with many Passerine birds your Archen is obsessedwith objects. As such it may only use moves that are directly dependent on holding an item (Pluck, Fling, Natural gift, Acrobatics, etc.) or stat boosting moves. However, as you know: Acrobatics is severely overpowered on an Archen that is holding no item. So your Archen, should you choose to teach it Acrobatics, may only use it under the following circumstances:
These are OR requirements only one needs to be met
1. If it is holding an item other than Flight Jewel at the beginning of battle
2. If it is resisted by the pokemon being targeted
3. If Archen is the last pokemon able to battle

To evolve to Archeops you must either Pluck 3 items away from your opponents or switch into and dodge 7 ground moves.
No mixing and matching, you must do all of one or the other.

This post rendered redundant. This challange will be distributed at a later date to person or persons unknown.

I'm like on the way in my Pearl Scramble, but it isn't being too much fun for me.
So guys... Give me a new challenge!
It will also be done in a Pearl game.
BUT!
I want it to be insanely difficult. Meaning both difficult and insane! :D
It still needs to be manageable in some way, though...
Give me ideas!
EDIT: I prefer it being with some Solo Pokémon. >:)

Kepperino, for your insanely difficult Pearl Scramble catch a zubat named Hax...
Moveset of Confuse Ray, Leech Life, Astonish, Toxic...
No evo restrictions, no solo requirements, nothing...

Just one thing:Must always be at least 5 levels higher than your other members...

@Kepperino, you get SuperStar the Starly.

Before all gyms, can only use moves with BP 45 or less in Gen IV.
For every GLP Starly solos, this increases by 5 BP.
After soloing Gardenia, Starly can evolve.
And once it learns Wing Attack, it must be kept, even if it can't be used yet.
Once evolved, SuperStar must solo the same amount of Pokemon in caves as the total levels of your other Pokemon at the time of evolution to evolve again.

For example, if Starly evolves into Staravia and your other pokemon's levels are 15, 17, 14, he/she must solo a total of 46 pokemon in caves to evolve into Staraptor. Combined with the fact that Hex the Zubat will have to be at least Lv. 21 before it evolves, you'll need to solo at least 21 Pokemon in caves with SuperStar. In caves, you'll mainly find Rock types.

Good luck. Is this insanely difficult enough for you?

Oh, god, I like the Starly idea.
But I want to solo with someone.
And Starly doesn't seem good to solo with, because of the
SuperStar must solo the same amount of Pokemon in caves as the total levels of your other Pokemon at the time of evolution to evolve again.

Kepperino, you get deflatist the drifloon. This Drifloon thinks it's ability is defeatist. To simulate this, must always hold an Oran berry to battle, so if it loses it mid battle it must stop fighting. It may evolve after soloing the final mars battle. It must solo one elite four other than Lucian.

If it needs to be more difficult, please tell me, and I will add more.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry Vratix, Son_of_Shadoo took the joker with a legendary...Which I accepted...
Because I like queuing up challenges...

Anyways, following the completion of my current White Scramble, I'll do a random scramble on that. This will be a 6 Pokemon Scramble, all of which will have varying difficulties & yeah...

Anyways, for each challenge must fall into a different category:

• A ridiculously easy challenge.
  • An insanely difficult challenge.
  • A challenge I've issued in the past.
  • An extremely variable challenge.
  • A ridiculously creative challenge.
  • A second one from either of the mentioned categories.
Bold Indicates that the category is taken.

The rules:
Its_A_Random
Texas Cloverleaf
Vratix
Treadshot A1
Sprocket
zdrup15
Dexington
Athenodoros
Dark Ray
doomvendingmachine
Dummy007
auramaster
DetroitLolcat
Galladiator
Octagon/Paradox808
chocolate-kipp
Iggdrasil
ObsidianRanger
Pika25
Arcticblast
Son_of_Shadoo*
ironman*

• White Version
  • Can trade, but will do so for evolution purposes
  • I reserve the right to reject challenges, but I'll accept most
  • I'll probably go to Ghestis, maybe Alder if I feel like it
  • Don't steal signature challenges
  • You may not give me Oshawott, Purrloin, Drilbur, Venipede, Darumaka, Durant, or their evolutions. Legendaries are permitted, as long as it's one of the musketeers. You can also give me Zorua line if you want, as I do have it. Starter is optional
  • No drudgery or any "Your Pokemon may not exceed (Level) challenges"
  • At least two attacking options per Pokemon
  • You don't have to be ridiculously creative
  • Specify which category your challenge is in
  • Any & all reservations will be void
  • Make them fun
And without further ado, give me challenges if your on the list. Also, there's no need to rush, since this is being queued.
  • Tympole (Cymbol): [Hard] No-Evolution, Solo N & all the minor trainers in Opelucid. Must solo 2 Musketeers. Cannot use Maids in N's castle to heal (Heh, heh, heh...) (Treadshot A1)
  • Foongus (MoldBreakr/Hasbeengus): [Creative] Goes through 2 Phases.
    1. (MoldBreakr) Cannot use Status moves, may not fight a Pokemon with Mold Breaker for an ability.
    2. (Hasbeengus) After evolution, must know a Smogon Moveset, must solo an E4 Pokemon, the only one he can fight after entering the Pokemon League. If more than 3 Pokemon faint against Ghestis, return to Phase 1 (Dummy007)
  • Vanillite (VanillaIce): [Payback] Only two attacking options at any given time, one Physical & one Special, must switch out after attacking a Pokemon in a major battle (auramaster)
  • Basculin: [Easy] Must know & keep Double-Edge (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Virizion: [Easy] Must solo Grimsley, & use Sacred Sword at least 3 times in the battle (Son_of_Shadoo)
  • TBA
WHO WANTS TO GIVE OUT A VARIABLE CHALLANGE??? If you qualify, yeah...

Kepperino, you seem to have a Flying theme going on here. A kind person would give you a Ground type.

But who's truly a kind person in this thread? =]

Take a Wurmple.
Evolve it to Silcoon ASAP; if it isn't Silcoon, release it and try again. Make sure to keep track of how many times you had to retry.
Now, find a 6 sided die. Roll it, then multiply it by every evolution that would have occurred due to you at the end of the game. These are how many Trainers you must Solo with this Silcoon before it may evolve, and at least 1/5 must be within a gym (not neccessarily the Leader). In the event of a remainder, round up.
Name the Wurmples in decending order of Golf scores. (Albotross, Eagle, Birdie...)

Great, you now have the Bug that other bugs wished they smelt like!

On hindsight, that's not actually that nice. Blood, sweat and tears aren't very good Colognes... :l

Release that Golf score, and take Replacer, the Mothim.
Determine what it's Hidden Power is. The type of Hidden Power is what type of pokemon you must solo.
Re-roll the die, and multiply it by the number of letters in the names of all your owned pokemon.
This is how many pokemon you must solo of that type, and 1/5 must be Trainer-owned.

Ohh, roll the die one last time. If you roll a 6 or 5, roll again, but you must solo that Elite Four member, unless taken by another Challenge.

Hmm, it just doesn't seem hard enough... But it's the best I can muster. Name the Wurmples in decending order of Golf scores, starting from Albotross.

Sorry Vratix, Son_of_Shadoo took the joker with a legendary...Which I accepted...

WHO WANTS TO GIVE OUT A VARIABLE CHALLANGE??? If you qualify, yeah...
Guess I missed that, it's all good. Someone else will get that and I will give you a variable pokemon.
Here goes nothing
So, to start this soiree off you will have to participate in the Pokemon Musical. Three times.
You must use the same pokemon and the same costume each time but you may participate in whichever musical you please.
Your pokemon and it's challange are dependent on the places you get each time (they are not hard and fast places per se, think of places 4-3-2-1 as the order the judge speaks to you at the end)

The place you get from the first musical corresponds to a gym in the Unova region starting with the waiter-boys and ending with Elesa

The place you get from the second musical corresponds with that trainer you encountered in that gym.

The place you get in the final musical corresponds with the pokemon (in order sent out) that the trainer in question sent out against you.
That's right, you get to make a fun list of each trainer, the order you battle him and the order you face his pokemon.
If you receive a place number that is greater than the number of pokemon that trainer possesses you merge the next trainers pokemon with his and start counting successively.
This is the pokemon you ultimately receive.

the challenge you are assigned depends on the type of pokemon you end up with:

If it is a mono-type pokemon that shares a type with the gym leaders specialty then that pokemon becomes a mono type attacker with no evolution restrictions.

If it is a dual-type that that shares a type with the gym leaders specialty it must know at least 2 attacking moves of the type outside of the gym leaders specialty, may not learn any of the shared type attacks and may not evolve to its final stage before you have 7 badges

If it is the much rarer pokemon that does not share a type with the gym leaders specialty then it may not evolve to its final stage (if it is not an evolving pokemon it instead may not learn any attacks that benefit from STAB)

You must have acquired 4 badges before you participate in your first musical

I tried to make it tough without being too obnoxious but that's a REALLY fine line when it comes to variable challanges.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Kepperino, you get a NEP (No Electric Pachirisu), name it Tohsdaert. As its name suggests, it may not know any Electric Type Attacks. It must solo Crasher Wake...Without the help of Grass Knot.

Have fun.

Zuzu's Super Duper Late Bloomer Scramble!​

My Rules for my Black Scramble

• Must not be overly rediculous or tedious (Like having to use a certain move against certain pokemon
  • A definite no against having to use a certain pokemon to solo a certain type
  • No Lillipup, Patrat, Marractus, Pidove, Darumakka, Solosis, Timburr, Sandile or Litwick. (I already used them on my White playthrough, don't wanna use them again. (Some just suck and I won't use them regardless.
  • Must have Tepig as a starter (Nickname please)
  • Evolution restrictions are a must
  • One pokemon must be a no evolution allowed throughout the game please. No trolling weak ones please. (So like not letting a Dwebble evolve etc)
  • Make it fun!
  • I can reject challenges if they don't fit the rules placed here.
  • You cannot change my Challenges that you have given me after given said Challenge.

My Pokemon team so far

By pimpgansta
@Zuzu you get 90210 the Scrafty. This Scrafty thinks he is soo cool, so everytime he wants to use a new move in battle you have to have had that moved used against you in a battle. He has to know what the general public like!!

To evolve you must win 3 pokemon musicals with him and he must also solo 3 GLP.

By Futachimaru

OK, Zuzu, you get Energy the Blitzle. Energy is full of... well, energy, and wants to release it to the world. Energy must solo at least TWELVE Gym TRAINER Pokemon and a massive EIGHTY wild Pokemon to evolve. After it has evolved, it feels even more energized and to compete in the E4, and final battles against N and Ghetsis, he must solo FIFTY Pokemon, trainer or not, in Victory Road. And he's got to be at least your third highest leveled Pokemon at all times (but with all those battles, he probably will be anyway.)
Have fun, and essentially, what you're doing is grinding like a maniac. Oh, and I forgot to mention, he has to learn and KEEP Charge. Good luck!

By TreadshotA1

I guess you can have the Roggenrola then. You still have to solo Opelucid Gym and Caitlin, and since you made me edit my challenge, you have to solo Reshiram/Zekrom (whichever one you would otherwise catch) and N with it as well. Also, no using the maids in N's castle to heal, nor using the PC box trick (assuming it still works in Gen V). And no TM's nor HM's. Call it "WhyBother?" I had to make it harder simply because now you get access to Sturdy, and that makes it a lot easier, so i had to counteract that and toughen up the challenge.

By ironman

Zuzu, you get Bacon the Tepig...
Moveset of flame charge, smog, fire attacking move, fighting attacking move...
Ok then same moveset, same flame charge restriction and also solo ground gym to evolve into pignite and 5 times Bianca and Cheren(not 5 each, just 5 both) to be able to evolve into emboar...

By Texas Cloverleaf

Reserved, as he gave me a pokemon already in my challenge.

By Vratix

@Zuzu
Bring a Basculin named Machinist
As such, as soon as possible you must teach Machinist only TMs and HMs.
However, as an engineer's assistant he must be diverse, therefore he may not know more than one HM of any type and no more than 2 moves of the same type period.
Well, I now have 6 pokemon! Though Texas Cloverleaf issued me a pokemon which Futachimaru already gave me, so I'll just wait for him. Gotta catch Victini off of Black, and trade over good items like Eviolite, and then I'll be set to restart and get myself Bacon the Tepig!

Thanks everyone! I'll update later for my first part of the game. (I'll get to the 2nd Gym I think).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Vratix: Accepted.

• Tympole (Cymbol): [Hard] No-Evolution, Solo N & all the minor trainers in Opelucid. Must solo 2 Musketeers. Cannot use Maids in N's castle to heal (Heh, heh, heh...) (Treadshot A1)
  • Foongus (MoldBreakr/Hasbeengus): [Creative] Goes through 2 Phases.
    1. (MoldBreakr) Cannot use Status moves, may not fight a Pokemon with Mold Breaker for an ability.
    2. (Hasbeengus) After evolution, must know a Smogon Moveset, must solo an E4 Pokemon, the only one he can fight after entering the Pokemon League. If more than 3 Pokemon faint against Ghestis, return to Phase 1 (Dummy007)
  • Vanillite (VanillaIce): [Payback] Only two attacking options at any given time, one Physical & one Special, must switch out after attacking a Pokemon in a major battle (auramaster)
  • Basculin: [Easy] Must know & keep Double-Edge (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Virizion: [Easy] Must solo Grimsley, & use Sacred Sword at least 3 times in the battle (Son_of_Shadoo)
  • Variable [Variable] (Vratix)

I'll give an analysis later for my Random Scramble 2: Unova Bogaloo. Also, no challenges may be modified from here on in.

@Kepperino
Bring a Buizel named Atton Rand.
Must be the second pokemon you add to your party however you must have encountered whatever you will add 3rd in battle before you catch him.
Atton has a long and dark history, but at least he's not a whiner like Carth.

Anyway, because of his ridiculously high self esteem he must learn Swagger ASAP.

Additionally the Sith interrogation techniques he learned for capturing and torturing Jedi are Pursuit and Rock Smash

Fourth move is free choice but it must change at least 4 times.

If Atton wants to become a Jedi instead of just a murderer he must use a move that a gym leader pokemon know against it in at least 3 gyms. E.G. to qualify against Crasher he could use Swagger against Gyara or Pursuit against Floatzel.
NOTE: If a gym leader that you want to use must be soloed by a different pokemon you may use the trainer immediately before the gym leader.

Hi all. As you may know, I'm doing a diamond scramble, but I just realized that 3 of the challenges are too easy. So if this does not break form rules, I need 3 more extreme challenges.
My current team is
turtwig most use a special moveset
Starly strict evo requirements and must solo a elite 4 member
Murkrow only attacking move is Night Shade (may give fly if I never use) must solo electric gym leader

I have the right to refuse stupid challenges and cannot trade and make them extreme, but creative please.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Alright, time for an analysis on my Random Scramble.

Starting off with Treadshot's challenge & I find this challenge to be the biggest disappointment. On paper, it looks impossible. A Tympole would have no chance against N & his Reshiram. It would just be drudgery & all, a HSCE standard. But in practice, what you have is a challenge that hasn't been thought through properly & is loophole-ridden.
Let me go through the loopholes. Solo N: Which encounter? I know & you know that you fight N a total of 5 times throughout a play through, and since A1 didn't specify which encounter or how many times I have to solo him, the challenge turns from ridiculously hard to ridiculously easy: It's just a matter of getting the Tympole egg at Accumula Town, hatching it, raising it to an appropriate level & battle N at Accumula Town, where all he has is a crappy Purrloin. Beat him & there you go, you've soloed N.
The other loophole is the "You cannot use the maids or the PC." What's not to stop me from leaving N's Castle & heal at whatever Pokemon Centre I want? And that's why Treadshot will be flaming at me & yeah. Too bad I've already said that the challanges can no longer be modified...

Moving on, & I like Dummy's challenge, sucks I can't use it when it matters...Vanillite will also be annoying, being a one-hit wonder...Basculin & Virizion will be powerhouses (Just as well Son_of_Shadoo told me to get Virizion...), while I don't know about Vratix's challenge, God knows what I'll get.

And there you go, the analysis. I expect some Treadshot A1 post soon enough...But anyways, this is going in the queue.

I edited my rules to say that you can't change any challenges anyone has given me.

Its A Random. You saved me from a whole world of pain. I'm in gratitude. Still gotta Solo Caitlin though.

So, I begin my Scramble and got Bacon the Tepig, and I solo'ed both Bianca and Cheren. I went to Accumula, destroyed N, and made my way to Striaton City. I beat Bianca after she annoyingly interuppted me again, and then beat Cheren once more. I had trouble beating the Gym Leader, and used Elvis the Pansage to weaken Panpour with Leer + Vine Whip, and then killed it off with Flame Charge. Oh look at that, since we both got a badge, you have an even chance of beating me Cheren? Lol no.

Went and killed them Plasma's off with Cheren, and then I caught Energy the Blitzle, and WhyBother? the Roggenrola. Grinded Bacon more before saving before going through that gateway to Nacrene City, since I bought Minecraft.

Team will be put in Part 2 since it's just a high level Bacon, with no grinding for the other 2

Solo'd Bianca/Cheren a total of 5 times, so I can evolve Bacon into Emboar as soon as I finished soloing the 5th Gym

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Ehh, just a quick update to my Random Scramble on Heart Gold before I come off for the night...

Got to Goldenrod City & I've got three members, my Kangaskhan, my Troll Sunkern, & my Variable Nidoran.

For my Troll Sunkern requirement, I rolled a 15 on the RNG, that means Troll must solo 15 GLP to evolve.

While for my Nidoran, I got a Female, with Poison Point, a Modest Nature, rolled a die & got a 5, & flipped a coin & got heads. That means...
My Nidoran (F), named Very Able, cannot learn Poison Type moves & must solo either Koga or Janine, & must know & keep a Physical & a Special move.

Official Update after Whitney.

Actually, if you fight with anything but Cymbol, against N, you'll be breaking the challenge. Hence the challenge was worded like that to make sure you had to solo N every time you.met him, since not.doing so would be against the rules.

Looks like you fell for it. It was deliberately worded to make sure you wouldn't realise until it was too late, and it worked. Ha ha.

POKEMON WHITE SOLO RUN

The Pokemon:
@ironman, at the start of the game, name yourself Kaiba, because you are Seto Kaiba, one of the main characters of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series. but suddenly, you are sentenced to a Pokemon duel that lasts throughout the game. At the beginning, you have 8000 Life Points. Each time you take battle damage, this number reduces. When you hit 0 Life Points, you lose the duel & therefore, you lose the solo run!

However, you become sick of your starter at the beginning of the game & at Accumula Town, you receive an egg. You go ahead & hatch it, & it turns out you get a Deino! You name this thing Blue-Eyes, because this thing will eventually become the mighty Blue Eyes White Dragon that you use in many a duel. This thing must get this moveset which must be obtained before the E4:
-RAWWWR!!!: Roar/Hyper Voice
-White Lightning: Dragon Pulse
-Draco-Crunch: Crunch
-Draco-Bash: Dragon Rush/Body Slam

Also, throughout the game you have a set of cards that you can ultilise:
-Waboku: (Three uses) You take no damage to your Life Points in a battle where you use this card.
-Dian Keto the Cure Master: (One Use) Restore your Life Points by 1000.
-Monster Reborn: (One Use) If your runner dies in battle & you have a HM Slave in your party, you can use this to permit yourself the ability to revive Blue-Eyes.

Ultimately, after all that, it would help if you had Pen & Paper to keep track of your Life Points.

Good Luck & Have fun. (Whew! Didn't get ninja'd, that's good...)
STARTING LIFE POINTS:7993

-Started from Striaton and easily completed the Dreamyard quest without losing any health.
-Lost some lp in the first double battle.
-Some pokemon like Blitzle and Woobat outspeed me and also some Blitzle carry quick attack.(Lost about 16 lp in a battle against a trainer's woobat to a critical gust).
-Cleared all the trainers outside Pinwheel Forest only losing some lp due to dragon rage not ohkoing anymore, timburr resisting bite and dragonbreath being a big dissapointment(non stab rock smash deals more damage).

-Beat all the trainers in the gym and right before facing Lenora I have lost 66 lp.
-Starting battle with Lenora i outspped with Blue-Eyes dragonbreathing for the parahax but no, instead Herdier takes me down for a 30 lp hit.
-Next turn Dragon rage kos.
-Next comes Watchog.I know I can't take a Retaliate even at full health so I wish she uses Hypnosis.
-Watchog used hypnosis.Blue-eyes ate its chesto berry.Blue-Eyes woke up.Blue-eyes used dragon breath.Watchog is paralyzed.It may be unable to move.
-Next turn I dragon rage for the ko.

Note: Blue-Eyes is starting to disappoint me a little bit.Its bite might be ohkoing everything in its base form for now, but it tends to miss rather often due to Hustle, and despite the Mild nature its dragonbreath is rather weak with even rock smash dealing more damage.
At least I can get some useful parahax with it.

REMAINING LIFE POINTS:7897

Blue-Eyes
Level 20
Male
Mild Nature
Hustle Ability
Dragon Rage
Bite
Dragonbreath
Rock Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)