1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Scramble Challange

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Its_A_Random, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vratix

Vratix

@Zuzu
    Bring a Basculin named Machinist
    As such, as soon as possible you must teach Machinist only TMs and HMs.
    However, as an engineer's assistant he must be diverse, therefore he may not know more than one HM of any type and no more than 2 moves of the same type period.
  2. ironman

ironman

Ok then same moveset, same flame charge restriction and also solo ground gym to evolve into pignite and 5 times Bianca and Cheren(not 5 each, just 5 both) to be able to evolve into emboar...
  3. Vratix

Vratix

Show Hide

@ItsARandom
    Sorry missed your post at first.
    Now for the Second Insanely creative challenge.

Bring the resuscitated Archen and name it The Raven if it is male or The Crow if it's female.
    As with many Passerine birds your Archen is obsessedwith objects. As such it may only use moves that are directly dependent on holding an item (Pluck, Fling, Natural gift, Acrobatics, etc.) or stat boosting moves. However, as you know: Acrobatics is severely overpowered on an Archen that is holding no item. So your Archen, should you choose to teach it Acrobatics, may only use it under the following circumstances:
    Show Hide
    These are OR requirements only one needs to be met
    1. If it is holding an item other than Flight Jewel at the beginning of battle
    2. If it is resisted by the pokemon being targeted
    3. If Archen is the last pokemon able to battle

To evolve to Archeops you must either Pluck 3 items away from your opponents or switch into and dodge 7 ground moves.
    No mixing and matching, you must do all of one or the other.

This post rendered redundant. This challange will be distributed at a later date to person or persons unknown.
  4. Kepperino

Kepperino

I'm like on the way in my Pearl Scramble, but it isn't being too much fun for me.
    So guys... Give me a new challenge!
    It will also be done in a Pearl game.
    BUT!
    I want it to be insanely difficult. Meaning both difficult and insane! :D
    It still needs to be manageable in some way, though...
    Give me ideas!
    EDIT: I prefer it being with some Solo Pokémon. >:)
  5. ironman

ironman

Kepperino, for your insanely difficult Pearl Scramble catch a zubat named Hax...
    Moveset of Confuse Ray, Leech Life, Astonish, Toxic...
    No evo restrictions, no solo requirements, nothing...

Just one thing:Must always be at least 5 levels higher than your other members...
  6. Chimaru

Chimaru

@Kepperino, you get SuperStar the Starly.

Before all gyms, can only use moves with BP 45 or less in Gen IV.
    For every GLP Starly solos, this increases by 5 BP.
    After soloing Gardenia, Starly can evolve.
    And once it learns Wing Attack, it must be kept, even if it can't be used yet.
    Once evolved, SuperStar must solo the same amount of Pokemon in caves as the total levels of your other Pokemon at the time of evolution to evolve again.

For example, if Starly evolves into Staravia and your other pokemon's levels are 15, 17, 14, he/she must solo a total of 46 pokemon in caves to evolve into Staraptor. Combined with the fact that Hex the Zubat will have to be at least Lv. 21 before it evolves, you'll need to solo at least 21 Pokemon in caves with SuperStar. In caves, you'll mainly find Rock types.

Good luck. Is this insanely difficult enough for you?
  7. Kepperino

Kepperino

Oh, god, I like the Starly idea.
    But I want to solo with someone.
    And Starly doesn't seem good to solo with, because of the
  8. Bob_Squob

Bob_Squob

Kepperino, you get deflatist the drifloon. This Drifloon thinks it's ability is defeatist. To simulate this, must always hold an Oran berry to battle, so if it loses it mid battle it must stop fighting. It may evolve after soloing the final mars battle. It must solo one elite four other than Lucian.

If it needs to be more difficult, please tell me, and I will add more.
  9. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Sorry Vratix, Son_of_Shadoo took the joker with a legendary...Which I accepted...
    WHO WANTS TO GIVE OUT A VARIABLE CHALLANGE??? If you qualify, yeah...
  10. SimonSays

SimonSays

Kepperino, you seem to have a Flying theme going on here. A kind person would give you a Ground type.

But who's truly a kind person in this thread? =]

Take a Wurmple.
    Evolve it to Silcoon ASAP; if it isn't Silcoon, release it and try again. Make sure to keep track of how many times you had to retry.
    Now, find a 6 sided die. Roll it, then multiply it by every evolution that would have occurred due to you at the end of the game. These are how many Trainers you must Solo with this Silcoon before it may evolve, and at least 1/5 must be within a gym (not neccessarily the Leader). In the event of a remainder, round up.
    Name the Wurmples in decending order of Golf scores. (Albotross, Eagle, Birdie...)

Great, you now have the Bug that other bugs wished they smelt like!

On hindsight, that's not actually that nice. Blood, sweat and tears aren't very good Colognes... :l

Release that Golf score, and take Replacer, the Mothim.
    Determine what it's Hidden Power is. The type of Hidden Power is what type of pokemon you must solo.
    Re-roll the die, and multiply it by the number of letters in the names of all your owned pokemon.
    This is how many pokemon you must solo of that type, and 1/5 must be Trainer-owned.

Ohh, roll the die one last time. If you roll a 6 or 5, roll again, but you must solo that Elite Four member, unless taken by another Challenge.

Hmm, it just doesn't seem hard enough... But it's the best I can muster. Name the Wurmples in decending order of Golf scores, starting from Albotross.
  11. Vratix

Vratix

Guess I missed that, it's all good. Someone else will get that and I will give you a variable pokemon.
    Here goes nothing
    Show Hide

So, to start this soiree off you will have to participate in the Pokemon Musical. Three times.
    You must use the same pokemon and the same costume each time but you may participate in whichever musical you please.
    Your pokemon and it's challange are dependent on the places you get each time (they are not hard and fast places per se, think of places 4-3-2-1 as the order the judge speaks to you at the end)

The place you get from the first musical corresponds to a gym in the Unova region starting with the waiter-boys and ending with Elesa

The place you get from the second musical corresponds with that trainer you encountered in that gym.

The place you get in the final musical corresponds with the pokemon (in order sent out) that the trainer in question sent out against you.
    That's right, you get to make a fun list of each trainer, the order you battle him and the order you face his pokemon.
    If you receive a place number that is greater than the number of pokemon that trainer possesses you merge the next trainers pokemon with his and start counting successively.
    This is the pokemon you ultimately receive.

the challenge you are assigned depends on the type of pokemon you end up with:

If it is a mono-type pokemon that shares a type with the gym leaders specialty then that pokemon becomes a mono type attacker with no evolution restrictions.

If it is a dual-type that that shares a type with the gym leaders specialty it must know at least 2 attacking moves of the type outside of the gym leaders specialty, may not learn any of the shared type attacks and may not evolve to its final stage before you have 7 badges

If it is the much rarer pokemon that does not share a type with the gym leaders specialty then it may not evolve to its final stage (if it is not an evolving pokemon it instead may not learn any attacks that benefit from STAB)

You must have acquired 4 badges before you participate in your first musical

I tried to make it tough without being too obnoxious but that's a REALLY fine line when it comes to variable challanges.
  12. Its_A_Random

Kepperino, you get a NEP (No Electric Pachirisu), name it Tohsdaert. As its name suggests, it may not know any Electric Type Attacks. It must solo Crasher Wake...Without the help of Grass Knot.

Have fun.
  13. Zuzu

Zuzu

Well, I now have 6 pokemon! Though Texas Cloverleaf issued me a pokemon which Futachimaru already gave me, so I'll just wait for him. Gotta catch Victini off of Black, and trade over good items like Eviolite, and then I'll be set to restart and get myself Bacon the Tepig!

Thanks everyone! I'll update later for my first part of the game. (I'll get to the 2nd Gym I think).
  14. Its_A_Random

Vratix: Accepted.

Alright (open)

• Tympole (Cymbol): [Hard] No-Evolution, Solo N & all the minor trainers in Opelucid. Must solo 2 Musketeers. Cannot use Maids in N's castle to heal (Heh, heh, heh...) (Treadshot A1)
    • Foongus (MoldBreakr/Hasbeengus): [Creative] Goes through 2 Phases.
      1. (MoldBreakr) Cannot use Status moves, may not fight a Pokemon with Mold Breaker for an ability.
      2. (Hasbeengus) After evolution, must know a Smogon Moveset, must solo an E4 Pokemon, the only one he can fight after entering the Pokemon League. If more than 3 Pokemon faint against Ghestis, return to Phase 1 (Dummy007)
    • Vanillite (VanillaIce): [Payback] Only two attacking options at any given time, one Physical & one Special, must switch out after attacking a Pokemon in a major battle (auramaster)
    • Basculin: [Easy] Must know & keep Double-Edge (Texas Cloverleaf)
    • Virizion: [Easy] Must solo Grimsley, & use Sacred Sword at least 3 times in the battle (Son_of_Shadoo)
    • Variable [Variable] (Vratix)

I'll give an analysis later for my Random Scramble 2: Unova Bogaloo. Also, no challenges may be modified from here on in.
  15. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

How original of you. MTP'S are my property, damnit. ;)
  16. Vratix

Vratix

@Kepperino
    Bring a Buizel named Atton Rand.
    Must be the second pokemon you add to your party however you must have encountered whatever you will add 3rd in battle before you catch him.
    Atton has a long and dark history, but at least he's not a whiner like Carth.

Anyway, because of his ridiculously high self esteem he must learn Swagger ASAP.

Additionally the Sith interrogation techniques he learned for capturing and torturing Jedi are Pursuit and Rock Smash

Fourth move is free choice but it must change at least 4 times.

If Atton wants to become a Jedi instead of just a murderer he must use a move that a gym leader pokemon know against it in at least 3 gyms. E.G. to qualify against Crasher he could use Swagger against Gyara or Pursuit against Floatzel.
    NOTE: If a gym leader that you want to use must be soloed by a different pokemon you may use the trainer immediately before the gym leader.
  17. Mr_br_kill

Mr_br_kill

Hi all. As you may know, I'm doing a diamond scramble, but I just realized that 3 of the challenges are too easy. So if this does not break form rules, I need 3 more extreme challenges.
    My current team is
    turtwig most use a special moveset
    Starly strict evo requirements and must solo a elite 4 member
    Murkrow only attacking move is Night Shade (may give fly if I never use) must solo electric gym leader

I have the right to refuse stupid challenges and cannot trade and make them extreme, but creative please.
  18. Its_A_Random

Alright, time for an analysis on my Random Scramble.

Starting off with Treadshot's challenge & I find this challenge to be the biggest disappointment. On paper, it looks impossible. A Tympole would have no chance against N & his Reshiram. It would just be drudgery & all, a HSCE standard. But in practice, what you have is a challenge that hasn't been thought through properly & is loophole-ridden.
    Let me go through the loopholes. Solo N: Which encounter? I know & you know that you fight N a total of 5 times throughout a play through, and since A1 didn't specify which encounter or how many times I have to solo him, the challenge turns from ridiculously hard to ridiculously easy: It's just a matter of getting the Tympole egg at Accumula Town, hatching it, raising it to an appropriate level & battle N at Accumula Town, where all he has is a crappy Purrloin. Beat him & there you go, you've soloed N.
    The other loophole is the "You cannot use the maids or the PC." What's not to stop me from leaving N's Castle & heal at whatever Pokemon Centre I want? And that's why Treadshot will be flaming at me & yeah. Too bad I've already said that the challanges can no longer be modified...

Moving on, & I like Dummy's challenge, sucks I can't use it when it matters...Vanillite will also be annoying, being a one-hit wonder...Basculin & Virizion will be powerhouses (Just as well Son_of_Shadoo told me to get Virizion...), while I don't know about Vratix's challenge, God knows what I'll get.

And there you go, the analysis. I expect some Treadshot A1 post soon enough...But anyways, this is going in the queue.
  19. Zuzu

Zuzu

I edited my rules to say that you can't change any challenges anyone has given me.

Its A Random. You saved me from a whole world of pain. I'm in gratitude. Still gotta Solo Caitlin though.

Part 1 (open)
    So, I begin my Scramble and got Bacon the Tepig, and I solo'ed both Bianca and Cheren. I went to Accumula, destroyed N, and made my way to Striaton City. I beat Bianca after she annoyingly interuppted me again, and then beat Cheren once more. I had trouble beating the Gym Leader, and used Elvis the Pansage to weaken Panpour with Leer + Vine Whip, and then killed it off with Flame Charge. Oh look at that, since we both got a badge, you have an even chance of beating me Cheren? Lol no.

Went and killed them Plasma's off with Cheren, and then I caught Energy the Blitzle, and WhyBother? the Roggenrola. Grinded Bacon more before saving before going through that gateway to Nacrene City, since I bought Minecraft.

Team will be put in Part 2 since it's just a high level Bacon, with no grinding for the other 2

Scramble requirements (open)

Solo'd Bianca/Cheren a total of 5 times, so I can evolve Bacon into Emboar as soon as I finished soloing the 5th Gym
  20. ironman

ironman

Zuzu remember that you have to solo the ground gym to evolve into pignite...
  21. Its_A_Random

Ehh, just a quick update to my Random Scramble on Heart Gold before I come off for the night...

Got to Goldenrod City & I've got three members, my Kangaskhan, my Troll Sunkern, & my Variable Nidoran.

For my Troll Sunkern requirement, I rolled a 15 on the RNG, that means Troll must solo 15 GLP to evolve.

While for my Nidoran, I got a Female, with Poison Point, a Modest Nature, rolled a die & got a 5, & flipped a coin & got heads. That means...
    My Nidoran (F), named Very Able, cannot learn Poison Type moves & must solo either Koga or Janine, & must know & keep a Physical & a Special move.

Official Update after Whitney.
  22. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Actually, if you fight with anything but Cymbol, against N, you'll be breaking the challenge. Hence the challenge was worded like that to make sure you had to solo N every time you.met him, since not.doing so would be against the rules.

Looks like you fell for it. It was deliberately worded to make sure you wouldn't realise until it was too late, and it worked. Ha ha.
  23. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

^Epic ass covering
  24. ironman

ironman

POKEMON WHITE SOLO RUN

The Pokemon:
    THE POKEMON (open)

STARTING LIFE POINTS:7993

-Started from Striaton and easily completed the Dreamyard quest without losing any health.
    -Lost some lp in the first double battle.
    -Some pokemon like Blitzle and Woobat outspeed me and also some Blitzle carry quick attack.(Lost about 16 lp in a battle against a trainer's woobat to a critical gust).
    -Cleared all the trainers outside Pinwheel Forest only losing some lp due to dragon rage not ohkoing anymore, timburr resisting bite and dragonbreath being a big dissapointment(non stab rock smash deals more damage).

-Beat all the trainers in the gym and right before facing Lenora I have lost 66 lp.
    -Starting battle with Lenora i outspped with Blue-Eyes dragonbreathing for the parahax but no, instead Herdier takes me down for a 30 lp hit.
    -Next turn Dragon rage kos.
    -Next comes Watchog.I know I can't take a Retaliate even at full health so I wish she uses Hypnosis.
    -Watchog used hypnosis.Blue-eyes ate its chesto berry.Blue-Eyes woke up.Blue-eyes used dragon breath.Watchog is paralyzed.It may be unable to move.
    -Next turn I dragon rage for the ko.

Note: Blue-Eyes is starting to disappoint me a little bit.Its bite might be ohkoing everything in its base form for now, but it tends to miss rather often due to Hustle, and despite the Mild nature its dragonbreath is rather weak with even rock smash dealing more damage.
    At least I can get some useful parahax with it.

REMAINING LIFE POINTS:7897
    [​IMG]
    Blue-Eyes
    Level 20
    Male
    Mild Nature
    Hustle Ability
    Dragon Rage
    Bite
    Dragonbreath
    Rock Smash
  25. auramaster

auramaster

Nice challange Treadshot XD

Quick updates; my White Scramble has made it to the Elite 4, and I plan on starting my EXTREME HeartGold Challange sometime today!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)