1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Scramble Challange

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Its_A_Random, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czechm8

czechm8

Decided to start a scramble in heartgold. All pokemon must be "creepy" types ie ghost, dark and bug. Go crazy :)
  2. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Troller, Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
    Must keep the String Shot+Harden combo.
  3. Yoshiken

Yoshiken

Czech: Take a Yanma (can nickname it whatever you like.) It is jealous of the fact that it has Compoundeyes and wishes it could boost its speed instead. As such, it must always be able to move quickly (Quick Attack). It also wants to make the most of Compoundeyes and decides that it will always have an attack with less than 100 accuracy.
    In order to evolve, it must solo Chuck and Pryce.

Summary:
    - Catch a Yanma w/Compoundeyes
    - Must always have Quick Attack
    - Must always have an attack with less than 100 accuracy
    - Cannot evolve unless it solos Chuck and Pryce.
  4. Iggdrasil

Iggdrasil

@czechm8: Creepy, eh? Well, take a Growlithe named "Hellhound" (Since you get Houdour so late). Must have this moveset by the E4:

Creepy Stare: Leer
    Creepy Stalker: Take Down/Oder Sleuth
    Creepy Howl: Roar/Howl (if your willing to breed)
    ZOMG IT ON FIRE SO CREEPY AND SCARY :O!?!?!??!?: Fire Wheel/Fire Fang

Have it solo 10 Gym Leader Pokemon to evolve cause im tired and i cant think of anything better oh jeez now i cant even use grammer anymore :(...
  5. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Shamelessly bumping my XD Scramble, I need one more!

Will edit with team once i'm off of a phone.
  6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Checkmate: take a Scizor or scythes if no trades. No restrictions. Call it "LastResort"
  7. auramaster

auramaster

O_o Did Treadshot just give a challange with no restrictions?!?!?! Is that even possible?
  8. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

He's trying to lull us into a false sense of security. IT'S A TARP!
  9. Vratix

Vratix

@czechm8
    Catch a male Misdreavus in the Safari Zone.
    Name it Mr.Dreavus
    It may never evolve. You must Perish-Trap at least 1 member of each of the Elite 4s teams + one of Lance's pokemon.
  10. Bob_Squob

Bob_Squob

Chzec: catch a female Murkrow named Prochainza. It's only attacking move can be night shade. It is in a relationship with mr. Dreavus (don't ask how) so it must always switch in on the last turn before perish song goes off. Your battle style must be set, after you get Prochainza.
  11. cornYBird

cornYBird

Well thanks to everybody who submitted chanllenges, i numbered them 1 to 6 (in order of post) and ran it though a rng and got a 2. Looks like ill be taking EEVEE3's challenge which was :
    and because he didn't put any evo restrictions can someone make a variable challenge with my PID to decide which evo i get? (ex. if all numbers add to less than 60 then it evolves into umbreon)

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions!
  12. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

If you TID, all numbers added together are odd, then it's one of the stone based eeveelutions (Jolt/Flare/Vapour). Even is Day or Night.

To decide which of the choices, find out you Hidden Power type of your Eeveelutions. Obviously, Fire is Flare, Electric gives Jolt and Water net you a Vapour, etc. If the HP type doesn't match one of the choices you have, then it may not evolve until the start of Victory Road, but it may then evolve into any of the eeveelutions you have available (you still have to check your TID).
  13. Mygavolt

Mygavolt

Fire Red Scramble #1 Results (from LVP to MVP)

LVP:

[​IMG](Low Lassie)
    Lv.47 Lax nature
    Stats: 140/87/108/112/90/62
    - Petal Dance
    - Sleep Powder
    - Cut
    - PoisonPowder

This Poké, aside from Sleep Powder and exterminating Ground-, Rock-, and Water-types, was not very useful. It fought well, nevertheless, and was a good balance to the team. Thanks for the Poké, chomzloh.

[​IMG]
    Lv.47 lolTimid nature
    Stats: 118/100/122/59/50/50
    Rock Head
    - Strength
    - Rock Tomb
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast

This dude cannot take a special hit to save its life, seeing as it almost dies from the Champion's Arcanine's NFE Flamethrower, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It had a fun time soloing Agatha's ghosts, which made it more useful than Low Lassie. Thanks for the Graveler, Futachimaru.

[​IMG]
    Lv.47 Lax nature
    Stats: 123/123/82/78/66/105
    - Aerial Ace
    - Leer
    - Low Kick
    - Cross Chop

This thing can really devastate, if Cross Chop actually decides to hit. Fighting/Flying coverage is amazing, hitting the entire game except Zapdos, and piercing Koga's stupid Minimize Muk. The gimmick was frustrating, though, seeing as it couldn't survive the attacks that are super-effective against its allies. Thanks for the Primeape, kingofkongs.

[​IMG]
    Lv.47 Gentle nature
    Stats: 128/101/64/95/95/123
    - Thunderbolt
    - Quick Attack
    - Brick Break
    - Thunder Wave

This thing, after a while of grinding, finally managed to 2HKO the Champion's Pidgeot, and for that I'm thankful. It is the fastest Poké on the team (tied with Behemoth, who is eight levels higher), which is a great asset, but there are still things that outrun it. It has a nasty Thunderbolt, too. Thanks for the Raichu, Iggdrasil.

[​IMG](Zynx)
    Lv.46 Mild nature
    Stats: 125/62/42/135/103/104
    - Lovely Kiss (1)
    - Psychic (2)
    - Water Pulse (3)
    - Ice Punch (4)

Seeing as the die gimmick was randomly choosing moves for me, I decided to put together one of the best movesets for the occasion. Lovely Kiss was a great asset, and clearly outclassed Low Lassie's Sleep Powder, despite them being the same moves with different names. Zynx was faster and could lay down a huge beating with Psychic and the special-in-3rd-gen Ice Punch. Thanks for the Jynx, Dummy007.

And finally, the MVP:

[​IMG]
    Lv.55 Bold nature
    Stats: 166/100/117/150/113/123
    - Mega Kick
    - Substitute (PP Up'd)
    - Fire Blast (PP Max'd)
    - Focus Punch

This thing was amazing. Obviously, it's higher-leveled than everyone else, but it was for Low Lassie's sake. Its level is not the reason I like it. Even though its only Fire-type move was Ember until it soloed Blaine, it actually performed quite well with the move. Substitute is an awesome in-game move that blocks status and works well in conjunction with Focus Punch. That and Fire Blast could at least 2HKO anything (especially Fire Blast, if it didn't miss so much). Surprisingly, I found that Mega Kick hit more than Fire Blast overall. Anyway, thanks for the Charizard, Its_A_Random.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the above images. All credit goes to Bulbapedia.
  14. Team Magma Boss Maxie

Team Magma Boss Maxie

Wow no-one has posted since yesteday what the ******, about my scramble, still Dejavu is still the strongest on the team and my Vulpix is the shitest member so far, Moira is doing quite well and Attacker is doing better then all of them at the moment so thank you Ironman
  15. SimonSays

SimonSays

Okay, I have an interesting request, that is setting up for something completely brilliant! I am doing a Scramble soon, and it requires a little set-up.

I need 10 'mons. In order for an insta-approve, they must fit this description as possible;

- Must be available in Leafgreen. *REQUIRED*
    - Nicknames and Restrictions of any kind are ~NOT~ Required at the moment.
    - Must evolve in 3rd Gen., but may only do it once. *LENEANT*
    Any and all 'mons may and will be rejected at a moment's notice, simply because I'm picky. It's not you, it me. So, if you want to (potentially) be part of a brilliant set-up, stay tuned and see.

...Please?
  16. Iggdrasil

Iggdrasil

@Nightmare Jiggypuff: I believe no-one has givin your last poke.

While I have played XD before, I'm gonna be nice and give you a "take what ever you want" challenges ( Mainly because I couldnt be bothered to look fir the rest of your team). However, the catch is that it must only use the moves it was purified with as it's final moveset. Solo any Cipher member ( with a partner of choice) to be purified, another to evolve ( 2 if needed), and solo any poke owned by an Admin just as a general restriction.

NN "iPodsRUs"

EDIT: @SimonSays: Take a Mankey.

...Am I doing this right?
  17. SimonSays

SimonSays

18. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Lickitung

Have fun.
  19. Yoshiken

Yoshiken

Uhh, Lickitung didn't evolve 'til 4th Gen.

@SimonSays: Hm. Tentacool.
  20. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Ah right. I forgot. >_>

In that case, Chansey, if it counts. Otherwise, Rhyhorn.
  21. user 18

user 18

22. EEVEE3

EEVEE3

@SimonSays

You get a Dratini.

Have Fun!
  23. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

@Simon: Slowpoke.
  24. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Forgot about this one, accepted. Turning it into Voltorb who must solo Lovrina and then Snattle (of whom i will now call Snapple.)

My team is now...

Vratix's Baltoy
    Auramaster's Mawile
    The Pant's Teddiursa
    Bob_Squob's Gulpin
    Iggdrasil's Voltorb
    Auramaster's Other pokemon, Snorunt.

Will start Scramble tomorrow if possible.
  25. Vratix

Vratix

@Simonsays

Clefairy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)