Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, this one may be too difficult, but...
Catch a Vullaby before Victory Road, name it Fettered. Fettered has been abused by humans who terrible Pokeball tests on it, and as such hates humans and does not want to battle pokemon. It wants to take revenge on humans, but the tests have given it bad eyesight, so it thinks that all pokemon who are humanlike are humans and will only battle them. It must solo all pokemon in the Human-like breeding group, and is not allowed to fight any other pokemon.

Craaap, I was hoping no-one would say vullaby...
Is it okay if you...do a different one...because there are like no human-like mons around that area.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Piemonade, if you have access to it, start with a Zorua, name it Shorro. From the moment you get your 2nd Scramblemon onwards, whenever it's Illusion is broken, it must switch out immediately, unless it's the last Scramblemon alive. In addition, it may only learn Level-Up moves.

If you don't, take a Heatmor, name it Eatame. It must solo 1 Pokemon from each E4 member, 2 of N's Pokemon, & 2 of Ghestis' Pokemon. You may not trade for it.

Have fun either way.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
White Scramble Update #7

Hooray for double posts, but THREE White Scramble updates in less than 36 hours? Must be a record or something...

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6

• Purrloin (Troll): Must shout out April Fools every time it attacks (God I'm going to get tired of saying that). Must know & keep Sucker Punch & False Swipe. Must solo two of Caitlin's Pokemon with said moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Darmantian (DonkeyKong): Must have the following moveset:
    Giant Punch: Fire Punch / Hammer Arm
    Chest Pound: Taunt / Swagger / Work Up
    Konga Drums: Belly Drum / Roar / Round
    Spinning Kong: Thrash / Flare Blitz / Superpower
    May never be used against Steel-Types, must solo Clay & every Sandile, Krokorok, & Krookodile I come across (Lightwind)
  • Venipede: Must solo Burgh to evolve & Brycen to evolve again. May never learn Megahorn (Galladiator)
  • Durant: If ability is Hustle, it must solo Shauntal & it may never use 100% Accurate moves. If ability is Swarm, it must solo Marshal & it must know & keep 2 Bug Type moves & only one non-Bug Attacking move (kingofkongs)
  • Drilbur (Justyce): If it becomes an Excadrill, it may not hold any items & it can only use one move until it switches out of battle (Treadshot A1)
  • Oshawott: No STAB until it becomes a Samurott, where its only STAB Move is Aqua Tail. Must switch out of battle when a STAB move is used against it in a Double/Triple Battle unless it uses Aqua Tail (TM13IceBeam)
  • Started in Mistralton City
  • Went through Route 7
  • Taught Samurell & Justyce X-Scissor
  • Defeated Cheren in a tough battle
  • Went through Twist Mountain
  • Arrived in Icirrus City
  • Took on the Icirrus Gym
  • Took on Brycen with Centixic for the sake of evolution
  • Many items later, I successfully soloed Brycen with a Whirlipede, fulfilling its evolution requirement
  • Centixic immediately evolves into Scolipede!
  • Obtained the Icicle Badge & the TM for Frost Breath
  • In Icirrus City at the moment

Troll (Male Liepard) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Lax/Limber
-Fake Out
-Pursuit
-Assist
-Slash
Comments: He's still trolling & going well...April Fools!

Justyce (Male Excadrill) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Bashful/Sand Rush
-Slash
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
Comments: Choice Restriction is starting to suck a bit when you choose a move that's SE against one monster, then another one appears who is hit for SE Damage with another move, but hey! As long as he gets the job done, it's not a worry, & he is! Justyce has been served...

Samurell (Male Samurott) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Sassy/Torrent
-Slash
-Revenge
-X-Scissor
-Rock Smash
Comments:

DonkeyKong (Male Darmantian) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Naughty/Sheer Force
-Work Up
-Hammer Arm
-Flare Blitz
-Thrash
Comments: He's fast...ish, he hits like a truck, & he OHKOes most things! But fragility is a concern. But nevertheless, I now see why he's one of the best in-game.

Centixic (Male Scolipede) @ Nothing
Lv:40/Careful/Poison Point
-Poison Tail
-Pursuit
-Rock Smash
-Steamroller
Comments: Hasn't been used since evolution, but Centixic did a great job to solo Brycen to become this thing. Watch out Unova, this Scolipede is about to wreak havoc...

That's all for now. Next Update after Iris. Until then...

Piemonade, if you can trade, take Starboard, the Scyther. Evolve it to Scizor as soon as you get it (it'll evolve when it arrives, trade it in holding Metal Coat, at under level 10). This counts as your steel.

Starboard, unlike cousin Portcullis, does allow the use of an item, but still only one. And therein lies the problem. You may choose one held item (eg. Leftovers), and one other consumable item (eg. Super potion). Starboard may hold the held item throughout the game, as soon as you get it, but may never hold anything else. In addition, it may never fight without that held item, as soon as you get it. The other, consumable item, is the strategic part. If you choose Potion, then you can access it right away. But later on, you'll regret the fact you can't use Hyper Potions on it in battle. If you choose something like Hyper Potion, great, but you'll have to wait a hell of a long time to have access to it, so early game Starboard will have to survive without items.

In case that makes no sense, here's an example: let's say you choose (hypothetically) EXP.Share as your held item, and Super Potion as your consumable item. Starboard, from the moment when you first get the EXP.Share, must always hold that. So, Starboard will grow like crazy, but everything else on your team will grow slower due to Starboard siphoning off EXP. Also, at the start, you won't be able to heal Starboard with items as the Super Potion isn't available yet. And when you get to the E4, where you'll be taking >100 damage per hit, and might even faint, you won't be able to use your beloved Hyper Potions or Revives. (Note: if your held item is consumable, eg. Cheri Berry, then it may never fight while it's held item is gone)

Oh, and Starboard is a Technician, and hence can only use moves with GREATER THAN 40 Base Power. So that means no Bullet Punch for you!

Piemonade, if you can trade, take Starboard, the Scyther. Evolve it to Scizor as soon as you get it (it'll evolve when it arrives, trade it in holding Metal Coat, at under level 10). This counts as your steel.

Starboard, unlike cousin Portcullis, does allow the use of an item, but still only one. And therein lies the problem. You may choose one held item (eg. Leftovers), and one other consumable item (eg. Super potion). Starboard may hold the held item throughout the game, as soon as you get it, but may never hold anything else. In addition, it may never fight without that held item, as soon as you get it. The other, consumable item, is the strategic part. If you choose Potion, then you can access it right away. But later on, you'll regret the fact you can't use Hyper Potions on it in battle. If you choose something like Hyper Potion, great, but you'll have to wait a hell of a long time to have access to it, so early game Starboard will have to survive without items.

In case that makes no sense, here's an example: let's say you choose (hypothetically) EXP.Share as your held item, and Super Potion as your consumable item. Starboard, from the moment when you first get the EXP.Share, must always hold that. So, Starboard will grow like crazy, but everything else on your team will grow slower due to Starboard siphoning off EXP. Also, at the start, you won't be able to heal Starboard with items as the Super Potion isn't available yet. And when you get to the E4, where you'll be taking >100 damage per hit, and might even faint, you won't be able to use your beloved Hyper Potions or Revives. (Note: if your held item is consumable, eg. Cheri Berry, then it may never fight while it's held item is gone)

Oh, and Starboard is a Technician, and hence can only use moves with GREATER THAN 40 Base Power. So that means no Bullet Punch for you!
Where do you get Metal Coats in B/W?

Um, i believe you said you could trade, so i was thinking you could get a Metal Coat in another game.

Anyways, use this link as a last resort: Pokémon Selector

In fact, that might be useful for anyone attempting solo challenges, or those who can't trade. I know Smogon doesn't endorse hacking, but as a last resort, it's there.

EDIT: Available in Twist Mountain, according to Bulbapedia.

This seems like a really interesting challenge. I think I'll try this with my FireRed, but I wont have access to trading, but anything else is fine.

@TalkingLion, take an Oddish named Toxin. It must know and keep Acid and at least one status move, and it cannot evolve to Vileplume until it solos 2 Gym Leader Pokemon by only using Acid (The 2 Pokemon do not have to be from the same gym). Also, solo Giovanni once.

Piemonnade, here's what you can level up with:
Route 9 Gothrita and Bisharp
Twist mountain Gurrdurr
Victory road Sawk/Throh

And here's what you have to solo:
All of Marshall's pokemon
Catalin's Gothielle and Beheeyem
Grimsley's Bisharp
Ghetsis's Bisharp

I said it was difficult. If you really don't want to use Vullaby, you can use something else, but it has to follow all of the same requirements. Still call it Fettered.

Talking Lion: You get an Growlithe named Kimba. Kimba can talk, and enjoys Roaring at his opponents, so every time he fights something he must roar it away and fight something else instead. He may never learn any moves that would hinder his talking by using his mouth, (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Bite, Ember). Can evolve after soloing Sabrina.

@TalkingLion: You get an unevolvable Zubat named Flapsuck which can never hold any berry. Must solo the Karate King and Bruno, though reviving it is allowed.

@Talking Lion

You get SleeshGuys the Bulbasaur because your first few challanges suck. badly.
You may only use bulbasaur against Either Brock or Misty but not both.
You may only use bulbasaur against Giovanni in one of the 3 encounters.
No evolution restrictions.

@TalkingLion

You get an Ekans!

It can only use moves that have been used by Jesse's Arbok, and cannot fight any Team Rocket members. Nickname it Kobra.

@Piemonade

You get a Yamask!

This Yamask was killed by Ghetsis when he realized Team Plasma's real goals. It must be caught on your first time through the desert, and must solo at least one of N's Pokemon in every encounter to try and get through to him about Ghetsis. Nickname it Mask.

In that case, take the shadow Butterfree. You can use any moves you like, with the exceptions of Sleep Powder and Stun Spore. Solo 3 Admin Pokémon. But you cannot purify Butterfree until you defeat Lovrina on Citadark Isle.

So it looks like my team is:

Tauros(#31): Can only use status moves, as long as it is not Toxic. (yaya0)
Oddish(Toxin): Must know and keep Acid along with at least 1 other status move. Cannot evolve into Vileplume until it solos 2 Gym Leader Pokemon by only using Acid. (The 2 Pokemon do not have to be from the same Gym). (auramaster)
Growlithe(Kimba): Must use Roar at the start of every battle. Cannot use any move that uses it's mouth (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Bite, Ember). Can evolve after soloing Sabrina. (Bob Squob)
Zubat(Flapsuck): Cannot evolve or hold any berry. Must solo Karate King and Bruno, with usage of Revives. (bwburke94)
Bulbasaur(SleeshGuys): Cannot use it against Brock and Misty, Only against 1 of them. Can only use it against Giovani in 1 of the 3 encounters. (Vratix)
Ekans(Kobra): Can only use moves that have been used by Jessie's Arbok (Dig, Wrap, Acid, Bite, Glare, Poison Sting, Toxic and Double-Edge). Cannot fight any Team Rocket Members.

I noticed that 4 of my guys are weak to Psychic, which could be a HUGE problem when I get to Saffron. I also noticed that I have no Surf users (other than Tauros, who cant use it). Am I allowed to teach Tauros Surf, but not use it? Also, is Overheat considered a mouth move for Kimba?

4 Poison types, that's gonna be tough O_o You can teach Tauros Surf and never use it, or catch a non-Scramble Pokemon and teach it Surf, but never use it in battle. And yes, Overheat is a mouth move.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I'll do one for XD. Let's see what torture you sadistic people throw my way.
Also w00t first post!

Team So Far:
Duking's Larvitar. Note that you need to catch a Wooper to trade for this, so here is what happens: you need to have Wooper solo 30 Pokemon. You need to set a counter for this, and increase this by 1 whenever Wooper faints, and decrease it by 3 whenever Wooper levels up. At the end of the solo, this is what happens:
<-9: No restrictions.
-9 - -1: Larvitar must be at exactly LV 45 for Greevil.
0 - 10: Larvitar must have 2 damaging moves ASAP.
11 - 19: Larvitar must evolve at LV 37.
20 - 24: Larvitar must solo 6 Pokemon while in confusion induced from Outrage.
>24: Larvitar must forget Dragon Dance and Outrage immediately. Because you must have sucked as a trainer if you manage to get Wooper to faint at least 25 times. (Yay for copypasta)

Zook's Zangoose. Can only use attacking moves on lower level pokemon. Must solo every Seviper as well as Ardos.

Blusix's Spheal. Must use charm at the start of every battle. Can evolve into Sealeo after charming Snattle's Pokemon in Phenac City. Can evolve into WALREIN (fanfare) after charming Snattle's Pokemon on Citadark Isle.

Umbreon. Must be named Nox. As Eevee, can only use one STAB. As Umbreon, must know 4 attacks (2+ must be physical), must solo 2 admins in all their appearances.

Lovrina's Delcatty. Must be named BipolarCat. Can NOT fight peons if one of my Pokemon has already fainted. Can ONLY fight admins if one of my Pokemon has already fainted.

Butterfree. Can NOT use Sleep Powder or Stun Spore. Must solo three admin Pokemon. Cannot be purified until defeating Lovrina on Citadark Isle.
Alright, will start this ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)