1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Scramble Challange

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Its_A_Random, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piemonade

Piemonade

I have officially given up on my scramble on SoulSilver.
    It was just so...IMPOSSIBLY HARD.
    I gave up after Sheen took all my X Items and my drugs...f*** that beedrill.

My diamond scramble is just amazing, I am up to the elite four, and somehow my Mr. Mime is more useful than I thought it was.

So...
    This next scramble will be coming to you...I will give you the details now!

Game: Black
    Difficulty: Medium
    Trading: Yeeeeerp, but I don't want to have to go from Gen III/IV to get egg/tutor moves for a pokemon.
    Extra Details: One Steel, and no electrics, no starters

List of pokemon I don't want: Accelgor, Darmanitan, Simisage, Unfezant, Sawk. (OR VULLABY)

Also, I'd prefer if you use ORIGINAL ideas, and don't use ones you have already used for someone else.
  2. Bob_Squob

Bob_Squob

Hmm, this one may be too difficult, but...
    Catch a Vullaby before Victory Road, name it Fettered. Fettered has been abused by humans who terrible Pokeball tests on it, and as such hates humans and does not want to battle pokemon. It wants to take revenge on humans, but the tests have given it bad eyesight, so it thinks that all pokemon who are humanlike are humans and will only battle them. It must solo all pokemon in the Human-like breeding group, and is not allowed to fight any other pokemon.
  3. Piemonade

Piemonade

Craaap, I was hoping no-one would say vullaby...
    Is it okay if you...do a different one...because there are like no human-like mons around that area.
  4. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Piemonade, if you have access to it, start with a Zorua, name it Shorro. From the moment you get your 2nd Scramblemon onwards, whenever it's Illusion is broken, it must switch out immediately, unless it's the last Scramblemon alive. In addition, it may only learn Level-Up moves.

If you don't, take a Heatmor, name it Eatame. It must solo 1 Pokemon from each E4 member, 2 of N's Pokemon, & 2 of Ghestis' Pokemon. You may not trade for it.

Have fun either way.
  5. Its_A_Random

White Scramble Update #7

Hooray for double posts, but THREE White Scramble updates in less than 36 hours? Must be a record or something...

Update #1
    Update #2
    Update #3
    Update #4
    Update #5
    Update #6

The Pokemon (open)

• Purrloin (Troll): Must shout out April Fools every time it attacks (God I'm going to get tired of saying that). Must know & keep Sucker Punch & False Swipe. Must solo two of Caitlin's Pokemon with said moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
    • Darmantian (DonkeyKong): Must have the following moveset:
      Giant Punch: Fire Punch / Hammer Arm
      Chest Pound: Taunt / Swagger / Work Up
      Konga Drums: Belly Drum / Roar / Round
      Spinning Kong: Thrash / Flare Blitz / Superpower
      May never be used against Steel-Types, must solo Clay & every Sandile, Krokorok, & Krookodile I come across (Lightwind)
    • Venipede: Must solo Burgh to evolve & Brycen to evolve again. May never learn Megahorn (Galladiator)
    • Durant: If ability is Hustle, it must solo Shauntal & it may never use 100% Accurate moves. If ability is Swarm, it must solo Marshal & it must know & keep 2 Bug Type moves & only one non-Bug Attacking move (kingofkongs)
    • Drilbur (Justyce): If it becomes an Excadrill, it may not hold any items & it can only use one move until it switches out of battle (Treadshot A1)
    • Oshawott: No STAB until it becomes a Samurott, where its only STAB Move is Aqua Tail. Must switch out of battle when a STAB move is used against it in a Double/Triple Battle unless it uses Aqua Tail (TM13IceBeam)
    Bullet Point Summary from the Jet Badge to the Icicle Badge (open)

• Started in Mistralton City
    • Went through Route 7
    • Taught Samurell & Justyce X-Scissor
    • Defeated Cheren in a tough battle
    • Went through Twist Mountain
    • Arrived in Icirrus City
    • Took on the Icirrus Gym
    • Took on Brycen with Centixic for the sake of evolution
    • Many items later, I successfully soloed Brycen with a Whirlipede, fulfilling its evolution requirement
    • Centixic immediately evolves into Scolipede!
    • Obtained the Icicle Badge & the TM for Frost Breath
    • In Icirrus City at the moment
    Current Team (open)

[​IMG]
    Troll (Male Liepard) @ Nothing
    Lv:39/Lax/Limber
    -Fake Out
    -Pursuit
    -Assist
    -Slash
    Comments: He's still trolling & going well...April Fools!
    [​IMG]
    Justyce (Male Excadrill) @ Nothing
    Lv:39/Bashful/Sand Rush
    -Slash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -X-Scissor
    Comments: Choice Restriction is starting to suck a bit when you choose a move that's SE against one monster, then another one appears who is hit for SE Damage with another move, but hey! As long as he gets the job done, it's not a worry, & he is! Justyce has been served...
    [​IMG]
    Samurell (Male Samurott) @ Nothing
    Lv:39/Sassy/Torrent
    -Slash
    -Revenge
    -X-Scissor
    -Rock Smash
    Comments:
    [​IMG]
    DonkeyKong (Male Darmantian) @ Nothing
    Lv:39/Naughty/Sheer Force
    -Work Up
    -Hammer Arm
    -Flare Blitz
    -Thrash
    Comments: He's fast...ish, he hits like a truck, & he OHKOes most things! But fragility is a concern. But nevertheless, I now see why he's one of the best in-game.
    [​IMG]
    Centixic (Male Scolipede) @ Nothing
    Lv:40/Careful/Poison Point
    -Poison Tail
    -Pursuit
    -Rock Smash
    -Steamroller
    Comments: Hasn't been used since evolution, but Centixic did a great job to solo Brycen to become this thing. Watch out Unova, this Scolipede is about to wreak havoc...

That's all for now. Next Update after Iris. Until then...
  6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Piemonade, if you can trade, take Starboard, the Scyther. Evolve it to Scizor as soon as you get it (it'll evolve when it arrives, trade it in holding Metal Coat, at under level 10). This counts as your steel.

Starboard, unlike cousin Portcullis, does allow the use of an item, but still only one. And therein lies the problem. You may choose one held item (eg. Leftovers), and one other consumable item (eg. Super potion). Starboard may hold the held item throughout the game, as soon as you get it, but may never hold anything else. In addition, it may never fight without that held item, as soon as you get it. The other, consumable item, is the strategic part. If you choose Potion, then you can access it right away. But later on, you'll regret the fact you can't use Hyper Potions on it in battle. If you choose something like Hyper Potion, great, but you'll have to wait a hell of a long time to have access to it, so early game Starboard will have to survive without items.

In case that makes no sense, here's an example: let's say you choose (hypothetically) EXP.Share as your held item, and Super Potion as your consumable item. Starboard, from the moment when you first get the EXP.Share, must always hold that. So, Starboard will grow like crazy, but everything else on your team will grow slower due to Starboard siphoning off EXP. Also, at the start, you won't be able to heal Starboard with items as the Super Potion isn't available yet. And when you get to the E4, where you'll be taking >100 damage per hit, and might even faint, you won't be able to use your beloved Hyper Potions or Revives. (Note: if your held item is consumable, eg. Cheri Berry, then it may never fight while it's held item is gone)

Oh, and Starboard is a Technician, and hence can only use moves with GREATER THAN 40 Base Power. So that means no Bullet Punch for you!
  7. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

shit, ignore this post, I messed up. >_>
  8. Piemonade

Piemonade

Where do you get Metal Coats in B/W?
  9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Um, i believe you said you could trade, so i was thinking you could get a Metal Coat in another game.

Anyways, use this link as a last resort: Pokémon Selector

In fact, that might be useful for anyone attempting solo challenges, or those who can't trade. I know Smogon doesn't endorse hacking, but as a last resort, it's there.

EDIT: Available in Twist Mountain, according to Bulbapedia.
  10. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

This seems like a really interesting challenge. I think I'll try this with my FireRed, but I wont have access to trading, but anything else is fine.
  11. yaya0

yaya0

@TalkingLion: You get a Tauros. It can only use status moves, and it cannot use Toxic. Name it #31.
  12. auramaster

auramaster

@TalkingLion, take an Oddish named Toxin. It must know and keep Acid and at least one status move, and it cannot evolve to Vileplume until it solos 2 Gym Leader Pokemon by only using Acid (The 2 Pokemon do not have to be from the same gym). Also, solo Giovanni once.
  13. Bob_Squob

Bob_Squob

Piemonnade, here's what you can level up with:
    Route 9 Gothrita and Bisharp
    Twist mountain Gurrdurr
    Victory road Sawk/Throh

And here's what you have to solo:
    All of Marshall's pokemon
    Catalin's Gothielle and Beheeyem
    Grimsley's Bisharp
    Ghetsis's Bisharp

I said it was difficult. If you really don't want to use Vullaby, you can use something else, but it has to follow all of the same requirements. Still call it Fettered.

Talking Lion: You get an Growlithe named Kimba. Kimba can talk, and enjoys Roaring at his opponents, so every time he fights something he must roar it away and fight something else instead. He may never learn any moves that would hinder his talking by using his mouth, (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Bite, Ember). Can evolve after soloing Sabrina.
  14. Pika25

Pika25

I am hereby canceling my Diamond Scramble.
  15. bwburke94

bwburke94

@TalkingLion: You get an unevolvable Zubat named Flapsuck which can never hold any berry. Must solo the Karate King and Bruno, though reviving it is allowed.
  16. Vratix

Vratix

@Talking Lion

You get SleeshGuys the Bulbasaur because your first few challanges suck. badly.
    You may only use bulbasaur against Either Brock or Misty but not both.
    You may only use bulbasaur against Giovanni in one of the 3 encounters.
    No evolution restrictions.
  17. EEVEE3

EEVEE3

@TalkingLion

You get an Ekans!

It can only use moves that have been used by Jesse's Arbok, and cannot fight any Team Rocket members. Nickname it Kobra.

@Piemonade

You get a Yamask!

This Yamask was killed by Ghetsis when he realized Team Plasma's real goals. It must be caught on your first time through the desert, and must solo at least one of N's Pokemon in every encounter to try and get through to him about Ghetsis. Nickname it Mask.
  18. Walrein

Walrein

Still need one more for XD.
  19. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

In that case, take the shadow Butterfree. You can use any moves you like, with the exceptions of Sleep Powder and Stun Spore. Solo 3 Admin Pokémon. But you cannot purify Butterfree until you defeat Lovrina on Citadark Isle.
  20. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

So it looks like my team is:

Tauros(#31): Can only use status moves, as long as it is not Toxic. (yaya0)
    Oddish(Toxin): Must know and keep Acid along with at least 1 other status move. Cannot evolve into Vileplume until it solos 2 Gym Leader Pokemon by only using Acid. (The 2 Pokemon do not have to be from the same Gym). (auramaster)
    Growlithe(Kimba): Must use Roar at the start of every battle. Cannot use any move that uses it's mouth (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Bite, Ember). Can evolve after soloing Sabrina. (Bob Squob)
    Zubat(Flapsuck): Cannot evolve or hold any berry. Must solo Karate King and Bruno, with usage of Revives. (bwburke94)
    Bulbasaur(SleeshGuys): Cannot use it against Brock and Misty, Only against 1 of them. Can only use it against Giovani in 1 of the 3 encounters. (Vratix)
    Ekans(Kobra): Can only use moves that have been used by Jessie's Arbok (Dig, Wrap, Acid, Bite, Glare, Poison Sting, Toxic and Double-Edge). Cannot fight any Team Rocket Members.

I noticed that 4 of my guys are weak to Psychic, which could be a HUGE problem when I get to Saffron. I also noticed that I have no Surf users (other than Tauros, who cant use it). Am I allowed to teach Tauros Surf, but not use it? Also, is Overheat considered a mouth move for Kimba?
  21. auramaster

auramaster

4 Poison types, that's gonna be tough O_o You can teach Tauros Surf and never use it, or catch a non-Scramble Pokemon and teach it Surf, but never use it in battle. And yes, Overheat is a mouth move.
  22. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

You're allowed to use HM slaves, as long as they never participate in combat.
  23. bwburke94

bwburke94

@TalkingLion:

Surf is allowed on Tauros. It cannot use it in battle, which is the standard definition of "use" in this challenge.
  24. Walrein

Walrein

Alright, will start this ASAP.
  25. Its_A_Random

How Original...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)