1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Scramble Challange

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Its_A_Random, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

White Scramblocke

Well, here it is. A White Scramblocke, but with a difference. The differences?

• Firstly, instead of taking the usual 12 Pokemon, I'll be taking Pokemon as if it was a Normal Nuzlocke
    • So it isn't confusing, the Pokemon I get are planned in advance, where you guys give me the Pokemon.
    • 1 Pokemon caught per Route/Cave/Whatever, with interactive Pokemon, gift Pokemon & traded Pokemon not counting towards the limit, with no duplicates.
    • I'll not be asking for all Pokemon all at once. Instead, I'll be asking for them in waves.
    • Each user can give up to 4 Pokemon maximum for the entire Scramblocke, 1 per wave. I will keep track of this.
    There's the differences, now for the Nuzlocke part, the in-game rules...

• If a Pokemon faints, it is boxed in a dead box permanently unless specified.
    • Instead of the first Pokemon on a Route rule, I will catch the Pokemon available in that particular area that I was assigned.
    • Nicknames are Mandatory, however, I decide the nicknames, not you guys. Also, they'll follow a theme, & that theme will be Smogon Users...
    • If I were to "Black Out", & I have any living Pokemon in the PC, then I can continue. Game Over is either when I succeed in beating Ghestis, or all Scramblemons I have obtained to that point have all died.
    And now, the rules for the Challenges

• White Version.
    • I can trade evolve.
    • Easy-Medium Difficulty.
    • No Mandatory solos/KO's (eg. Solo every regular trainer in the game), since there's no guarantee I can fulfill them. Requirement solos/KO's (eg. Solo 10 Trainers to evolve) on the other hand, are acceptable.
    • You may not give any restrictions involving any major Trainer Battles (eg. Rivals, Gym Leaders, N, E4, & anything else I missed). I want to formulate my own tactics for these battles.
    • All Pokemon must be able to fully evolve.
    • Specify which area the Scramblemon appears.
    • No duplicate Pokemon or any "You may not exceed (Level)" challenges.
    • Drudgery is a no, but Grinding is a yes.
    • Remember to follow the rules above.
    • Reserving the right to say no to challenges.
    • Don't reserve ffs.
    • bwburke94 may not issue me a challenge, because he's a troll who has something against me & Cheri Berry Zubats.
    That's about it, I'll use this post as a record for the Pokemon, ultimately, instead of doing minor progress updates, I'll do one big tl;dr update at the end of the challenge. Now for Wave #5. I want restrictions for...

• The Traded Emolga
    • A Twist Mountain Native Pokemon
    • A Route 17 Native Pokemon
    • A Route 18 Native Pokemon
    • The Larvesta Egg
    • A Mistralton Cave Native Pokemon
    • A Icirrus City Native Pokemon
    • A Dragonspiral Tower Entrance Native Pokemon
    • A Dragonspiral Tower Tower Native Pokemon
    • A Route 8 Native Pokemon
    • A Moor of Icirrus Native Pokemon
    • A Route 9 Native Pokemon
    Pokemon (open)
    WAVE #1

• Tepig: Evolve at Lv21, & again at Lv42 (TM13IceBeam)
    • Lillipup (Route 1): Moveset must consist of 1 Physical, Special & Other move & Work Up. May never leave the party until death. (Iggdrasil)
    • Purrloin (Route 2): No moves with at least 80 BP, solo 10 Trainers to evolve (Yoshiken)
    • Pansage: No STAB (ObsidianRanger)
    WAVE #2

• Audino (Dreamyard): 3 Non-STAB Moves (TM13IceBeam)
    • Blitzle (Route 3): 4 Moves of different types, solo a Trainer with NVE moves to evolve (Newby n0Ob)
    • Roggenrola (Wellspring Cave): Activate Sturdy 15 Times in different Battles to evolve (Trained Pokemon & KOing after activating Sturdy add 1), deplete Stealth Rock's PP (Trainer Battles only, only at full health) to evolve again. Final moveset must be Stealth Rock/Sandstorm/Rock Blast/Bulldoze, & must use Sandstorm in any Trainer battle it appears in (Daenym)
    • Tympole (Pinwheel Forest Entrance): Must know & keep 2 Sound moves & Echoed Voice. Solo 3 Pinwheel Forest Trainers to evolve & all of the Castelia Gym's minor trainers to evolve again (pimpgangster)
    • Cottonee: No STAB (Treadshot A1)
    WAVE #3

• Sewaddle (Pinwheel Forest Forest): Solo 7 Sewaddles to evolve, once a Swadloon, cannot use Status moves, as a Leavanny, cannot hold items (TM13IceBeam)
    • Sandile (Route 4): Must hold Blackglasses, hit a Flying Type with Dig to evolve & solo 10 Excadrill to evolve again (Bob_Squob)
    • Dwebble (Desert Resort Entrance): KO 15 Rock Types to evolve, no Rock Type moves before evolution. Must know & keep Rock Polish (Zapi)
    • Maractus (Desert Resort Back): Physical moves only (Newby n0Ob)
    • Yamask (Ancient Castle): No STAB bar Night Shade & Astonish (Ubiquitous)
    • Tirtouga (Fossil): Must know & keep a moveset of Defender (Protect/Wide Guard), Boot Polish (Rock Polish), Power of the Sea (Scald/Surf), & Cliff Scaler (Stone Edge/Rock Throw). Must obtain this moveset & solo 20 Pokemon of the Human Egg Group to evolve (pokemagnificent)
    • Trubbish (Route 16): Cannot be used in Double Battles. If Male, must know & keep Toxic Spikes, & one smog-esque move, & lead the party when in it. If female, must know & keep Stockpile, Spit Up, & Recycle, & must Stockpile 3 before Spitting Up (Iggdrasil)
    WAVE #4

• Tranquill (Lostlorn Forest): Only know moves Pidgeotto, Swellow, & Staravia can learn (TM13IceBeam)
    • Solosis (Route 5): Solo 10 Higher Leveled Trained Pokemon with Rollout/Endeavour to evolve & Forget all current moves to evolve again. After first evolution, no Special Moves until a Pokemon is solo'd with Struggle Damage (kingofkongs)
    • Ducklett (Driftveil Drawbridge): Only know moves Wingull can learn. Post evolution, Can learn moves Pelipper can learn (shinyskarmory)
    • Vanillite (Cold Storage): KO 10 Pokemon with Uproar to evolve (Oh My Biscuits)
    • Basculin: No head-based moves (Treadshot A1)
    • Deerling (Route 6): No Normal Type Moves until evolution, solo 10 Normal Type Trained Pokemon to evolve. Post-Evolution, must know & keep 1 Grass Move & 2 Normal Type Moves (TalkingLion)
    • Joltik (Chargestone Cave): Must have Unnerve, Must know one Level-Up Electric move and one Level-Up Bug move at all times. Come Icirrus City, the Bug and Electric moves it currently knows will determine what the rest of its final moveset is...
      ELECTRIC
      Thunder Wave/Discharge - Toxic
      Electroweb - Sucker Punch
      Electro Ball - Agility
      BUG
      String Shot/Leech Life/Fury Cutter - Flash
      Spider Web - Gastro Acid
      Bug Bite - Slash
      Signal Beam - Hidden Power
      Bug Buzz - Any move (Dummy007)
    • Watchog (Route 7): Must know & keep Hypnosis & Leer. Each time it enters the battlefield, it must use either one of the aforementioned moves (Son_of_Shadoo)
    • Elgyem (Celestial Tower): Solo 10 Trained Ghost Types & 5 Trained Psychic Types to evolve (Piemonade)
    WAVE #5

• Emolga: Must stay in the party until it either reaches at least Lv50, or it dies (kingofkongs)
    • Cubchoo (Twist Mountain): Only know moves that Teddiursa can learn. Evolve post-Icirrus Gym. Post-Evolution, only know moves Ursaring can learn, plus 1 Ice Type move (shinyskarmory)
    • Jellicent (Route 17): Must be caught as one. If Male, Attacking moves only. If Female, Status Moves only, bar Night Shade (TalkingLion)
    • Scraggy (Route 18): Female, No 100% Accurate moves bar Focus Punch, Cannot use Status Moves in a battle after using an attacking move, use Focus Punch successfully 3 times in a row of 5 times total to evolve (Charizard92)
    • Larvesta: Must evolve pre-E4 (Dummy007)
    • Axew (Mistralton Cave): No STAB bar Dragon Rage (Newby n0Ob)
    • Stunfisk (Icirrus City): Must know & keep Double Team, Mud-Slap & Discharge (Son_of_Shadoo)
    • Mienfoo (Dragonspiral Tower Entrance): Must have Inner Focus, Must know & keep 1 Fighting Type Move (auramaster)
    • Golett (Dragonspiral Tower Tower): If Ability=Iron Fist, must know & keep Shadow Punch. Hit 4 times in a row with DynamicPunch to evolve. Otherwise, no Punching moves, must know & keep Thief, steal 5 Items of at least 2 different kinds to evolve (bluemon)
    • Palpitoad (Route 8): Sound-based moves only, Evolve after KOing a Pokemon with Uproar without calming down (EndQuote)
    • Shelmet (Moor of Icirrus): Solo 10 Trained Pokemon to evolve, post-evolution, no Physical Moves, must know & keep Agility (Oh My Biscuits)
    • Pawniard (Route 9): STAB Moves only, evolve after "surviving" its battle against Iris (Pika25)

Users & How many Pokemon they've given & what Waves (open)
    -auramaster: 1 Pokemon (Wave #5)
    -bluemon: 1 Pokemon (Wave #5)
    -Bob_Squob: 1 Pokemon (Wave #3)
    -Charizard92: 1 Pokemon (Wave #5)
    -Daenym: 1 Pokemon (Wave #2)
    -Dummy007: 2 Pokemon (Wave #4, #5)
    -EndQuote: 1 Pokemon (Wave #5)
    -Iggdrasil: 2 Pokemon (Wave #1, #3)
    -kingofkongs: 2 Pokemon (Wave #4, #5)
    -Newby n0Ob: 3 Pokemon (Wave #2, #3, #5)
    -ObsidianRanger: 1 Pokemon (Wave #1)
    -Oh My Biscuits: 2 Pokemon (Wave #4, #5)
    -Piemonade: 1 Pokemon (Wave #4)
    -Pika25: 1 Pokemon (Wave #5)
    -pimpgangster: 1 Pokemon (Wave #2)
    -pokemagnificent: 1 Pokemon (Wave #3)
    -shinyskarmory: 2 Pokemon (Wave #4, #5)
    -Son_of_Shadoo: 2 Pokemon (Wave #4, #5)
    -TalkingLion: 2 Pokemon (Wave #4, #5)
    -TM13IceBeam: 4 Pokemon (Wave #1, #2, #3, #4)
    -Treadshot A1: 2 Pokemon (Wave #2, #4)
    -Ubiquitous: 1 Pokemon (Wave #3)
    -Yoshiken: 1 Pokemon (Wave #1)
    -Zapi: 1 Pokemon (Wave #3)

Now you may now issue me Pokemon.
  2. Iggdrasil

Iggdrasil

@IAR: Take a Lillipup named "Spot". When posible, it must have a moveset of one Pysical Move, one Special Move, one "Other" Move and Work Up. Must always be in your party untill it dies.

GL.
  3. Its_A_Random

Accepting the above, remember, I'll decide nicknames, not you lot, also I'm assuming Lillipup is for Route 1. Updated with a new Rule: Specify the area which the Pokemon is to be caught on. It'll make my life easier. I'm now off for the night, expect the rest of Wave to be decided by tomorrow morning. Until then...
  4. ObsidianRanger

ObsidianRanger

@IAR.The gift Pansage. Can't use STAB moves. That is all.
  5. Team Magma Boss Maxie

Team Magma Boss Maxie

@IAR take the fire starter, can only learn stab moves must solo 1, 2, 5 and 7 gyms
  6. pokemagnificent

pokemagnificent

Yes you have. Plus ive already got a buizel. Feel free to give another though.
  7. Yoshiken

Yoshiken

IAR: Route 2: Flip a coin. If heads, take Patrat. If tails, take Purrloin. May never know a move of 80+ BP. Solo 5 trainers to evolve.
  8. user 18

user 18

Yes, if you fulfill all the requirements up to that point, then solo 10 Elite Four Pokemon, you will be restriction-free for the Champion and anything you are doing after the first E4 run.
  9. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Couple of quick questions:
    Did you want me to breed the Elekid?
    Because I checked and it seems that Elekid can only be bred, not caught in Pokemon Platinum

Could someone also nickname my Torterra?
  10. ObsidianRanger

ObsidianRanger

@Cyberspeed. Call it Potassium.
  11. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Thanks ObsidianRanger.
    Bob_Squob I Just Re-read your post,Which said "catch an Elekid" so never mind my question. Because I can't catch it in Pokemon Platinum I'm going to have to deny the Elekid. Sorry Bob_Squob.
  12. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

To replace that, you now get Smartass the Abra! Because its pissed at its trainer for not being able to fully evolve him, he must learn Frustration ASAP and deplete all its PP before being able to use any other move. After this is done, Smartass has no more restrictions.
  13. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Just so I know for sure,I'm not aloud to evolve it aye.
    Stupid question but I just want to know for sure.
  14. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

You ARE allowed to evolve it, but seeing as you can't trade you can't evolve it into Alakazam, which is what I'm referring to.
  15. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Cheers for clearing that up.

Edit:
    Here Are The Pokemon You Guys Chose For Me

Orphan the Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade
    Potassium the Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra
    DataMiner The Porygon
    WishWashy the Girafarig
    MovePuddle The Eevee/Flareon
    Smartass The Abra/Kadabra
  16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Okay, take any pokemon you want. It's level must not exceed the BP of it's highiest powered move, using this formula:

Level < (3500 / highest BP)

So if you want to use a 100 BP move as your strongest, you're capped at level 35. If you use weaker moves, you may reach a higher level. If there's a decimal, round down. Hidden Power is automatically a 60 BP move.

Also, solo a Pokemon each time you turn on your DS with this Pokemon.
  17. bwburke94

bwburke94

Is this revenge for my FireRed, or revenge for I.A.Random the gay Zubat? I don't assign for Scramblockes anyway. Oh, and I am NOT a troll. And the plural of Zubat is Zubat.

EDIT: Also, I'll be starting a Scramble soon. Game and rules coming when I decide which game I'm scrambling.
  18. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Read the OP, you broke one of the cardinal rules. You may not rip off someone else's signature challenge, including closely related variations/parodies thereof. I mean, if you gave ke a MEP, I wouldn't let you assign me stuff either. And only Random and I are of enough authoritative power to have signatures.

Random has Cheri Berry Zubats, in fact berry wielding pokemon who can't battle without berries are his.

Mine are a variety: there's all the three letter Mono Type Pokemon, MEP being the most famous. There's also the Ralts in RSE, who all have a "no exceeding x level" restriction. And then of course the newest selection of Nautical Scyther, all of which are Scythers who've been to the Navy, like Portcullis, CrowsNest and Starboard.
  19. yaya0

yaya0

Actually, that's not against the rules. It only says that you can't give out a pokemon that has to hold a berry, not one who can never hold one. And it never says anything about variations/parodies.

(On the topic of signature challanges, my Hidden Power Challange.)
  20. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

F*cking Firefox

*cough*RAPE the GYarados*cough*
    *cough*Substituting Miltank*cough*
  21. ObsidianRanger

ObsidianRanger

I'm quite happy because IAR hasn't actually given me any berry holding Pokemon at all :)
    Will update my scramble and one of my scramblockes soon.
  22. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Solo'd the first gym with Potassium.
    CURRENT TEAM:
    Pottasium the Lvl 16 Turtwig
    Smartass The Lvl 9 Abra
  23. Its_A_Random

ObsidianRanger is accepted, even though I was hoping to rape the first Gym Leader...
    TMBM is rejected for a couple of reasons, 1. No Mandatory Solos, & 2. You may not give out restrictions concerning major battles, in this case, Gym Leader Battles.
    Yoshiken is accepted. As I said, Mandatory Solos are forbidden, but requirement solos like this challenge are Okay.

That means I only need a Tepig now. Remember to follow the rules, & remember, Easy/Medium Difficulty.

Also, bwburke94, Treadshot is right (I've even given Zubats that can't hold Cheri Berries myself), also, I was offended by "I.A.Random the Gay Zubat", which gave me even more reason to assume you as what I did.
  24. ObsidianRanger

ObsidianRanger

Well at the moment I'm grind my tepig up one more level to lv.15 to try solo the first gym for my Black Scramblocke, so if i manage to do it at this level, you should be able to as well IAR.

Will do an official update once i beat the first gym on all my runs.
  25. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Tepig challenge: Tepig must evolve at LV 21 to Pignite and LV 42 for Emboar. It must solo a number of Pokemon that corresponds to its nature:

Show Hide

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

basically just take this list, and solo 3 Pokemon for Hardy nature, and then +1 for any nature down the list. example being that you solo 8 Pokemon if your Tepig has a Bold nature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)