Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul Silver Challenge

Can only trade to evolve pokes

No two of the same type Pokes

Team:

1-

Gastly, catch it in Sprout Tower. It must evolve to Haunter asap. Also, it may only have moves that cause damage (that means no confuse ray, hypnosis, etc.) until you beat Blackthorn Gym.
2-

Take a Chikorita, nickname it iPlant. It must solo Falkner's Pidgeotto. It must know both Light Screen and Reflect to evolve into Bayleef. To evolve into Meganium, it must ko 5 Fire pokemon that are in their final form with SolarBeam.
Have fun
3-
Ledyba (male) named Knightro. To evolve into Ledian it must know the moves: U-turn, Substitute, and Focus Punch. These moves may not be deleted.
4-
Take an abra named "Houdini". It may not be trade evolved into alakazam until you reach the elite 4. It may only be trade evolved then if it has never been koed. It must solo johto gym leader of your choosing. It may never learn psychic.
5-
take the Togepi that Elm gives you. In order to evolve Togepi must learn and keep AncientPower and activate AncientPower's stat boosts against either a Gym Leader or Rocket Executive. If you get unlucky and aren't able to, Togepi may evolve into Togetic only DURING a run of the Elite Four. (that is, only as a result of a battle against an Elite Four member). If you're going any farther than that in the story, evolution to Togekiss is unrestricted.
6-
take a Quagsire that cannot learn Earthquake, Surf, or Ice Beam.
Thanks guys.

Well I've started my challenge! I just made it to Cerulean City, my current team is:

t.Clover (Wartortle) Lv. 18
Beedrill Lv. 17
Nidorina Lv. 17

I don't use t.Clover very much, and Nidorina sucks. Mainly I'm just running around with Beedrill beating everything lol

@ Doctor Octagonapus Take a Rattata and name it Toothache. It may not learn Bite, Hyper Fang, Crunch, or Super Fang. It may only evolve if it solos Morty's Ghastly.

@Doc Oc: Your starter is Totodile. Name it Munchlax. It may only learn Water-type moves by level-up (no Surf or Waterfall). If it ever KOs a Pokemon with a Water attack while in Torrent range, you must teach it Substitute and a boosting move ASAP and keep them forever. This is the only way it may learn Substitute. It may not learn any TM moves until it is a Feraligatr, which it must be before beating Chuck. As a Feraligatr, you MAY teach it a single TM (other than Sub or a boosting move), but it must keep that move forever. As a Feraligatr, you must rename it Snorlax.

Give me a full team, no 2 of the same pokes.
No trade-to-evolve pokes :P

1)
@Doc Oc: Your starter is Totodile. Name it Munchlax. It may only learn Water-type moves by level-up (no Surf or Waterfall). If it ever KOs a Pokemon with a Water attack while in Torrent range, you must teach it Substitute and a boosting move ASAP and keep them forever. This is the only way it may learn Substitute. It may not learn any TM moves until it is a Feraligatr, which it must be before beating Chuck. As a Feraligatr, you MAY teach it a single TM (other than Sub or a boosting move), but it must keep that move forever. As a Feraligatr, you must rename it Snorlax.
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
@ Doctor Octagonapus Take a Rattata and name it Toothache. It may not learn Bite, Hyper Fang, Crunch, or Super Fang. It may only evolve if it solos Morty's Ghastly.

I'll start a scramble challenge on soulsilver, only extra rules is if I have a pokemon like kadabra I can't trade to evolve and it has to be possible to catch the pokemon in the game.

@gregoryd: Take a Swinub named Frozen Ham. It must learn and keep two moves as a Swinub, one as a Piloswine, and one as a Mamoswine (Ancientpower doesn't count unless you want it to). It must keep these four moves forever.

gregoryd take a Venonat and name it Dracula. It must know Leech Life until it evolves into Venomoth. It may only evolve into Venomoth if it solos 5 wild Venonat without using any attack other than Leech life.

Also, I just made it through rock tunnel in my challenge. Without Flash T_T

doc oc, take a neutral natured smeargle named snoopy, it must always learn sketch whenever it can, and can only sketch the first move used against it for each sketch.

This is going to be a disgustingly tough run, I already can see.

1)
2)
3)
doc oc, take a neutral natured smeargle named snoopy, it must always learn sketch whenever it can, and can only sketch the first move used against it for each sketch.
4)
5)
6)

God dammit doc I had was all set to give you a spinarak named spiderman who had to sucker punch 10 dark types, but then I see yours is ss, not hg. Oh well, I'll recycle that challenge and give you a different one when I think of it.

Doc Oc, take a staryu named "Ninja Star". It must learn and keep camouflage. It may not evolve until it has used camouflage and changed into every possible environmental type. Every time you send out Ninja Star it must use camouflage sucessfully before doing anything else. Have fun with stab.
Someone give doc of a ghost or something as his team is extremely weak to fighting (camouflage turns to normal type indoors.

Nanoswine, use a Cloyster. Every move it has must be a different type
Can you change this to something else? I was checking out what I wanted my Cloyster to know (I haven't gotten far enough to get one yet) and there is no way it's going to know 4 different move types until just about the time I get to the elite 4 :/

Can you change this to something else? I was checking out what I wanted my Cloyster to know (I haven't gotten far enough to get one yet) and there is no way it's going to know 4 different move types until just about the time I get to the elite 4 :/
I'm not seeing an issue here. It has ice type moves, water type moves normal type moves and rest. That's four types. Ofc, this is only my opinion.

@ Gregory; catch the first shiny pokemon you see. If that happens to be the red gyrados, so be it. Name it "OOOHSHINY!". This pokemon may never know damaging stab moves. If it knows them upon catching dot use them and delete them ASAP.

This is going to SUCK XD

1)
2)
Doc Oc, take a staryu named "Ninja Star". It must learn and keep camouflage. It may not evolve until it has used camouflage and changed into every possible environmental type. Every time you send out Ninja Star it must use camouflage sucessfully before doing anything else. Have fun with stab.
3)
4)
5)
6)

doc I agree you need a ghost so I give you Gasoso the Gastly. It can't evolve to Gengar and can't know moves that are SE on ghost types or non-damaging moves. There is an exception: you can use hypnosis if you choose to keep him as a gastly till Lance. Oh, it must be a male and you can catch/breed for perfection.

Doc oc, your current team can't take a hit to save its life, especially Electric/Dark so I'm giving you a Tangrowth named CopyPasta. It may only know moves used by trainers whose phone numbers you know.

And we're done. This is going to be a rough ride.

1)
2)
3)
4)
doc I agree you need a ghost so I give you Gasoso the Gastly. It can't evolve to Gengar and can't know moves that are SE on ghost types or non-damaging moves. There is an exception: you can use hypnosis if you choose to keep him as a gastly till Lance. Oh, it must be a male and you can catch/breed for perfection.
5)
Doc oc, your current team can't take a hit to save its life, especially Electric/Dark so I'm giving you a Tangrowth named CopyPasta. It may only know moves used by trainers whose phone numbers you know.
6)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Gregoryd, use a Mareep. It cannot learn TM/HM moves, must evolve at levels 15 and 30, and it must always replace its lowest-level move with a new level-up move (Replace Tackle with Cotton Spore, Growl with Charge, Thundershock with Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave with Discharge, etc). Nickname it Shocking. You must catch it before climbing Sprout Tower, and you can never use it against a Flying-type Pokemon (unless all of your other Pokemon have fainted).

@gregoryd
Totodile (female) named Glycerine. She may not evolve into Croconaw until She knows Sword's Dance. She must reach +6 attack and sweep Janine to evolve into Feraligatr. Also, she must reach +6 attack against one member of the E4 and Lance.

gregoryd, use a Larvitar nicknamed Boah. In order to evolve into Pupitar, it must learn Taunt via TM, and use Taunt to successfully prevent a Pokémon from using a non-attacking move on a turn that it tries to. To evolve into Tyranitar, Pupitar must use its ability once. Its ability is Shed Skin, so it has to get statused, and then have the status healed with Shed Skin. Before you fight Red, Tyranitar's moveset has to be Taunt, Shadow Claw, Thunder Wave, and Whirlpool.

Just so you know, you don't have to wait until Mt. Silver to get Larvitar. You can find it in the Safari Zone near Cianwood City.

So, heres my team. Im going to start my run tonight.
@gregoryd: Take a Swinub named Frozen Ham. It must learn and keep two moves as a Swinub, one as a Piloswine, and one as a Mamoswine (Ancientpower doesn't count unless you want it to). It must keep these four moves forever.
Well, this one actually doesn't seem that bad, I could manage this.
gregoryd take a Venonat and name it Dracula. It must know Leech Life until it evolves into Venomoth. It may only evolve into Venomoth if it solos 5 wild Venonat without using any attack other than Leech life.
This will be a bitch to evolve, at least i dont have to keep leech life the whole run.
Gregoryd, use a Mareep. It cannot learn TM/HM moves, must evolve at levels 15 and 30, and it must always replace its lowest-level move with a new level-up move (Replace Tackle with Cotton Spore, Growl with Charge, Thundershock with Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave with Discharge, etc). Nickname it Shocking. You must catch it before climbing Sprout Tower, and you can never use it against a Flying-type Pokemon (unless all of your other Pokemon have fainted).
Sounds okay.
@gregoryd
Totodile (female) named Glycerine. She may not evolve into Croconaw until She knows Sword's Dance. She must reach +6 attack and sweep Janine to evolve into Feraligatr. Also, she must reach +6 attack against one member of the E4 and Lance.
Badass.
gregoryd, use a Larvitar nicknamed Boah. In order to evolve into Pupitar, it must learn Taunt via TM, and use Taunt to successfully prevent a Pokémon from using a non-attacking move on a turn that it tries to. To evolve into Tyranitar, Pupitar must use its ability once. Its ability is Shed Skin, so it has to get statused, and then have the status healed with Shed Skin. Before you fight Red, Tyranitar's moveset has to be Taunt, Shadow Claw, Thunder Wave, and Whirlpool.
This will be my team powerhouse, but as soon as i reach Red.. byebye good moves...

Take a hoothoot. It must always know hypnosis and peck until it evolves to Noctowl. To evolve, it must be at night, and it must be against a foe that's two levels higher. After defeating it, you may evolve whenever (but ONLY AT NIGHT). As a noctowl, its moveset must be hypnosis, dream eater, fly, and reflect. Its nickname shall be Reaper.
Well, at least i don't have to walk everywhere :D

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I notice you don't have a flyer.

Take a hoothoot. It must always know hypnosis and peck until it evolves to Noctowl. To evolve, it must be at night, and it must be against a foe that's two levels higher. After defeating it, you may evolve whenever (but ONLY AT NIGHT). As a noctowl, its moveset must be hypnosis, dream eater, fly, and reflect. Its nickname shall be Reaper.

Gregoryd, I actually gave you a challenge you missed on the last page, however, as it was kind of generic anyway, don't use it. So... yeah.

Anyway, I think I should give a legit update on the course of my scramble.

I currently have everybody except the second eevee. Here's a basic team breakdown.

Lolwut the Furret; evolved into a furret and a real powerhouse of my team. It was literally just Lolwut and me until I defeated Whitney and got pottdWhore. She's taken a backseat recently as I've just recently gotten a bunch of new members who I need to level up, but she's always ready if anyone needs backup. All conditions fulfilled except I haven't gotten thief yet.

pottdWhore the Sudowoodo; the other powerhouse of my team. Gave me some much needed help to Lolwut. Not much else to say besides the fact that she's bad ass. Still not sure if I'm gonna solo Clair or Lance yet. I think what I'll do is try and solo clair a couple of times and then put it off till lance if it seem like it's impossible, as pottdWhore has much better type matchup vrs lance's team.

Chance the Eevee; Yup. The ugly duckling of my team. Until he learns to love me he's basically not useable for fear of accidentally leveling him up. The first male on my team, so I went and got a ditto for when I need to breed for Shotgun. Some day when I have the patience I'll go down to the first route and kill everything in sight to get happiness without fear of leveling up.

Lolcat (no relation to Lolwut) the Staryu; even gimped staryu is a beast. One of the newbies, it's the one I'm currently grinding up. Still not set on it's final movset yet. If pottdWhore can solo Clair I'll give it water gun and icy wind for help with lance. If pottdwhore has to solo lance, then I'll probably fuck type coverage and just throw on surf

kaboom the Koffing; the newest member as I forgot you can get koffing in burned tower. Not much to say yet, except that he can only learn 2 damaging moves max, so this screams restalker.

Bonus:
Support the Bayleaf;
Not a full team member but a an HM slave. Evolved him to a bayleaf to give him rock smash. Someone didn't realize I had a full team and posted him, but I took him for the purposes of the Shotgun challenge, which sucks, because I would have to tie with my rivals starter to get the jolteon I want. Oh well, I may just settle for flareon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)