Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was just kidding about campaigning anyway. Nanoswine, good luck with that e4 challenge. Your team looks horribly underleveled though

Edit: given me a minute cloverleaf and I'll give you a pokemon that deffinitly won't be your MVP.
Hopefully it isn't too gimped. The LG challenge took a lot out of me.

On a side note when are you able to trade in eggs in LG and in Platinum?

I'm putting all the battles in my post up above. So far I'm doing fine, but I am VERY worried about Green's Alakazam. My only hope it to get up an agility with Beedrill and do enough damage to take it out before it kills me, but fat chance I'll pull that off. Well, we'll see how it turns out.

Writing up my battle with Bruno right now.

Texas Cloverleaf said:
Finally, many annoyances to auramaster for providing me with his jackass Machamp (jk).
EDIT: That was a lot of posts in an hour O_o

@Texas Cloverleaf, :) It wasn't supposed to be that bad, it has the defenses to take hits while 3-4HKOing stuff. Not a powerhouse, but it's as good or better then most of my Emerald team was at the time (NEVER give anyone a Nincada, it's extremely weak and an Exp. Parasite).

Also, I'll give you something better for Platinum. Take a Gligar named Glion, it cannot learn any STAB moves. No need to hatch an egg, just catch a wild one.

@Nanoswine, whoops. You got an 'M below level 100, I thought you would get a Missingno above level 100. If it was above, you could have leveled it up to 255 :) Sorry if 'M is too weak.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@ Texas Cloverleaf, in that case your starter is a male Psyduck. Pick the water starter, but you must catch a Psyduck as early as possible (before the first Gym if possible) and not use the Starter Pokemon at all after that (unless someone else gives you a different starter, then disregard my usage restrictions). It may not evolve to Golduck until you fight Giratina. He must be your highest leveled Pokemon at all times.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ auramaster: It would have been worse had I not traded it to Emerald to get Thunder/Ice Punch.
A set of Flamethrower/Theif/Metronome/Cross Chop was NOT something I was looking forward to.

EDIT: @ Sprocket: the mons are coming in as eggs but thanks for the duck. I've been wanting to try Psyduck out for a while.

Take a slakoth named Prediction. It cannot evolve before lvl 29. It also must know both sucker punch and focus punch to evolve. It must evolve from a vigoroth to a slaking ASAP. As a slaking it may not use any moves besides sucker punch and focus punch. It can have other moves, but may not use them in battle (hint: teach it hms). I gave this challenge to someone else a long time ago but they never posted how it went.

Urgh that thing is going to be a bitch to train. Vigoroth evolves at level 36 correct?
Actaully when I gave that challenge I thought it evolved at level 30, but your right. Here's what I'm going to do. It can evolve into vigoroth whenever you like after it has sucker punch and focus punch. To balance this out I'm giving you a new condition. It must solo at least one member of each e4/champion team.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mr. Cloverleaf. Take the first Togepi you get. It must always have Frustration and Metronome. To get Togetic, solo two Pokemon belonging to Gym Leaders with Metronome. To evolve into Togekiss, solo three more Gym Leader Pokemon with Metronome.

Togekiss may not learn Heart Scale moves.

Update on my challenge:

Arriving out of Mt. Moon yesterday, I had:

"Replacable" the Bulbasaur (misspelled b/c of 10 character limit)
L. 23
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed

"Lady Gaga" the Wigglytuff
L. 13
-Sing
-Defense Curl
-Pound
-Mega Kick

"Kraken" the Magikarp
L. 12
-Splash
-
-
-

So I have to find some way to level Lady Gaga and Kraken to at least level 20 if I want to stand a chance against my rival, Jackass, on route 24. Kraken MUST learn Flail, so I have to wait until Level 30 for it to evolve. Lady Gaga's Cute Charm is coming in handy at the most surprising of times, however. Replacable's not allowed to make it to the Rival Battle, so in the box it goes until I get Cut.

Texas Cloverleaf, take a Nincada. You must be sure to have an extra slot so that you get a Shedinja, and then immediately discard the Ninjask. You cannot cancel the evolution. You must have a Shedinja before the second gym. It must be killed by every type it is weak to and some form of residual damage before it learns any tms, and wild Pokemon do not count to this total. It must be the first Pokemon you send out in against the Snowpoint Gym leader. Name it Hailbait.

About the Scramble Awards, any chance we could get some nominees? I don't think anyone wants to look through 93 pages of Pokemon, so maybe the people who have been here the longest could recommend a few good ones for each category?

Dammit, just realized that I can't evolve my croconaw until after janine, not jasmine. Well, I'm finally starting my challenge!

About the Scramble Awards, any chance we could get some nominees? I don't think anyone wants to look through 93 pages of Pokemon, so maybe the people who have been here the longest could recommend a few good ones for each category?
How about before that, we get zdrup to post the final, definitive, no more changes to be made, list of categories? I've forgotten most of them by now.

Lorieli

She started with Dewgong, me with Nidorina. For future reference, RBY mechanics and hax totally saved my ass in this battle. The only move she used with Dewgong against Nidorina was Rest, so I just spammed T-bolt and took her down with some lucky parahax. Next up was Cloyster, and MyBoat took care of it with psychic. Beedrill took down her Slowbro (it kept using Amnesia, again thanks to pathetic AI) and then killed her Jynx with a crit twinneedle. Next up, I soloed Lapras with 'M (easy enough with like 289 attack). Well, one down, 4 to go!

Bruno

I'm not gonna lie, Bruno always sucks when I battle him. He starts out with Onyx, t.Clover OHKO's him with Bubblebeam. Next up is Hitmonchan, who can't do shit to MyBoat so I just Psychic him away, Hitmonlee follows suit (HiJump kick miss lol, even though it does basically no damage in RBY) and then t.Clover took out his other Onyx. 'M pulls off a Sky attack against Machamp for the win. I'm battling Agatha while I'm writing this, turns out she likes to spam Potions -_-

Agatha

This battle started out pretty simple, 2HKO everything with MyBoat's Psychic. Until it ran out of PP. I had already taken out her first Gengar and her Golbat, and then she sends out her Haunter and I don't have Psychic anymore. So I confuse it and spam Surf! Which was working fine until she started healing him with potions. Oh, and wouldn't you know Surf JUST fails to 2HKO with confusion damage? Like we're talking 1 HP. Eventually I just had to switch to Beedrill, which managed to kill it off with a crit Pin Missle. Next up Arbok, Cloyster took it out with Blizzard. And 'M got to finish off Gengar with Fly. The next few battles won't be up for a while, I g2g for a while. OMG THE SUSPENSE !!!1!!

Lance

This was a very easy battle, tbh. Nidorina killed Gyarados with 2 thunderbolts, it used leer for it's attack. His Dragonairs went down to t.Clover using Ice beam. Aerodactyl was tricky, it kept confuing me and took down Nidorina before getting taken out with thunderbolt. However, after that it quickly fell to Cloyster's Blizzard, as did Dragonite.

Green or Blue or whatever you want to call him

This was a really close battle, I only survived through some very timely hax early on.

His Pidgeotto wasn't a big deal, a Blizzard and it was out of there. But then came Alakazam. It would have OHKOd the rest of my team if MyBoat hadn't gotten a confuse ray off against it. But that wasn't even the best part. My only hope is basically send out Beedrill and hope for the best. It hurts itself in its confusion. I use Pin Missle. One hit. Two hits. Three hits, four hits. FIVE HITS and Alakazam is down! The rest was clockwork, Rhydon died to surf, Gyarados to T-bolts, Arcanine to Bubblebeam, and Venusaur to Twinneedle.

Woot challenge COMPLETE!

I don't want to write up my final team, because since the last time I posted them they all just grew to level 40 and Beedrill to 41 deservingly. But here is how they helped me out on this run:

t.Clover: He was pretty mediocre throughout the playthrough, since I had 3 waters on my team and one of them had a stronger Ice move than him, and the other had a stronger Water move and Psychic. He was pretty much my fallback if one of those other two failed me.

Beedrill: I had never used Beedrill before because I always picked up Butterfree instead, but I have to say now that I have used him that he is WAY better. Twinneedle and Pin missle singlehandedly took down the slews of Koffing and Grimer that team rocket likes to carry around, and even when all he had was poison sting he could take down Bug catchers any day. Early on, definite MVP.

Nidorina: Sucked. The only thing it was useful for was knowing T-bolt, which MyBoat would have pulled off much better. Seriously, the rest of its moves were Bite, Scratch, and Poison Sting. I could have dealt with don't evolve it easily enough, but the TM restriction made it basically useless.

Cloyster: Like Beedrill, I had never used Cloyster before. And like Bedrill, I was very impressed with it's performance. Physical hits can't touch it, it is surprisingly strong, and it has some great STAB.

MyBoat: From the point I got her, she was MVP for sure. At level 15, she soloed the entire Fighting Dojo, and it didn't stop there. Soloing Blaine was a cinch, she destroyed Bruno and Agatha (until Psychic ran out), and stopped Alakazam in its tracks. I love using Lapras when I play RBY, because with a moveset of Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Psychic it can solo almost the entire elite 4, even at as low of a level as I was at.

'M: Basically just a free kill on one of each of the E4's pokes.

good idea about the categories. Zdrup, get on it.
Also, this "awards" would only be from pages 50-99, so not all 93.

Anyway,@TexasClover: Bring a Weezing. It must get at least one member of each gym leader to -6 Accuracy. It may not evolve until it solos Cyrus in distortion world. Name it D.Lolcat

Ya know what? I'm raring for an Emerald challenge while I'm trying my Leaf Green one :D

-No trades
-No glaring type weaknesses

-Lotad named Tex Mex that must have Sunny Day and use whenever possible (doomvendingmachine)
-Grimer named Remirg that must solo 8 level 40 Pokemon to evolve (Paradox808)
-Wobbuffett that I may replace with a Zubat that must evolve into Crobat before Elite Four if the Wobbuffett solos any gym leader, may not use Destiny Bond unless on Gym Leader's final pokemon (Sprocket)
-Electrike that must beat Norman to evolve; must be highest leveled Poke until that point. (chomzloh)
-Solrock with Solarbeam that must solo Liza and Tate with Lotad (Texas Cloverleaf)
-Swablu named BlueSwab that must solo Winona's Altaria to evolve; can't learn Dragon Dance. (Detroit Lolcat)

UPDATE (Leaf Green Challenge):
Just beat my Rival, Jackass, with my L. 14 Kraken (Magikarp) and L. 17 Lady Gaga (Wigglytuff). Cute Charm definitely came in handy against that Rattata lol.

Take a lotad. It must learn sunny day asap. As soon as it learns sunny day, it must use sunny day successfully every time it is sent out (if sunny day is already up it must use it as soon as it wears off). Note that you don't have to re-set up sunny day every time it wears off, just whenever you switch in (or lead). It can't learn solar beam. Name it Tex Mex.

Sorry Sprocket I should have been clearer on the challenge. I meant the challenge where somebody used a Bonsly as a starter and had a Beldum and a Pupitar.
I believe that was my challenge. where i made all pokes only evolve once.
1: all pokemon suggested must be able to evolve
2: all pokemon may only evolve once under my care, (no 3rd stage pokes if starting from the base stage)
3: if the pokemon's base stage may not be found in the wild (i.e. magby), then you must suggest the next stage in line (i.e. magmar). thus i will be able to evolve into magmortar, since i started with a magmar under my care. this does not count for traded-in pokes.

anyways for your challenge, you get a Mr. mime. it must be sent over as a mime jr. it must also be female (oh the irony). you can pick the nickname. in order to evolve, mime jr. has to use the move recycle to recycle an item 3 times in one battle. as a mr. mime it has to have at least 4 ribbons on it by the time you get to victory road, or you may not use her in the E4.

@majinnecro69696969696

i give you a grimer named "remirg". in order to evolve it has to solo 8 pokemon level 40 and above.

*optional* when it evolves into muk nickname it its name backwards as well :P

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
MajinNecro, you get a crazy rediculous challenge. Take a Wobbuffet from the Safari Zone. If it successfully solos any gym leader, you may replace it with a Zubat that must evolve to Crobat before the Elite Four (item usage is allowed, in case you're wondering). However it may not use Destiny Bond unless it's on the Gym Leader's final Pokemon.

take it easy guys. I was thinking about posting the categories on page 95 and I feel it would be better if you could only vote on the challenges from 50-95 to avoid the last hour challenges.
About the nominees I think I shouldn't do it because that would be MY OPINION and I shouldn't tell it.
If you really want it I can post the 3 top voted on each Award (with no order) on page 97 and that will give you an idea.
Glad to see most people excited.

majinnecro: Easy one from me. Get an Electrike. It may only evolve after you beat Norman. Up to that point, it must be your highest-levelled Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)