Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I was thinking each person should be able to add one Pokemon to his/her team from the group they were selected to hand out. Otherwise the OU people are stuck with only 3 OU Pokemon, while the UU people (such as myself) get 4.

Also, I was thinking each person should be able to add one Pokemon to his/her team from the group they were selected to hand out. Otherwise the OU people are stuck with only 3 OU Pokemon, while the UU people (such as myself) get 4.
I was trying to avoid wildcards because I didn't want to see 4 heatrans or scizors as well as 4 venasaurs or milotics.

What do other people think about this?

i say just make a deadline for when the matches have to be completed by, like say a few days to a week after you post the pairings. just ask for a post on the result (honor system), or just have a 3rd party watch the battle so we dont have any arguments and stuff if it has to come down to that.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Ungulateman, take a Pikachu. If you evolve it to Raichu, or equip it with a Light Ball, it cannot know Electric-type moves.

ungulateman: Not too hard? Hmm...

Start with a Chimchar. If it has a -Atk nature, it must have at least 3 Fighting-type moves and no Fire-type moves once possible (use TMs if you can). If it has a -Sp. Atk nature, it may only have Fire type moves (TMs included). If it has a netural nature or a -Def nature, it may not have Fire or Fighting-type moves. If it has a -Sp. Def nature, congrats. You may teach it anything you want.

Also, NO RESETTING. That's cheating, and you know it. :P

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ungulateman, Take a Buizel & name it Jet.

Buizel can only learn Quick Attack, Aqua Jet, Agility, & Swift (As soon as it's able to learn these moves, of course). Buizel can only evolve when, it has this moveset & Solos Crasher Wake with this moveset. After evolution, you are able to replace one of its moves with a move of choice.

Considering my current luck with natures (can you say first try Modest Piplup?), I'll probably get a friggin' Naive one. :p

Liking the look of the Pikachu idea, thanks.

Buizel is really going to get used to Super Potions, I bet. >_>

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
What about if his Chimchar has a -Speed nature? Did he win? :P

As an added challenge (one of my famous "You are this Trainer" challenges), you are a scaredy cat! If you are a Female character, you MUST run away from every wild Bug you encounter (dual types like Bug/Flying DO count). If you are a Male character, you MUST run away from every wild Normal Pokemon you encounter (dual types like Normal/Flying do not count). Challenges issued by others take precedence over this challenge.

@ungulateman

You get the first poke you catch from the great marsh. when you attempt to find this pokemon, you must attempt to catch each pokemon you encounter in the great marsh (when i say attempt, it means to at least throw one pokeball at each pokemon).

Once caught, the pokemon may not use STAB moves unless it either:

A) evolves

or

B) solos all trainers in the gym (this doesnt have to include the gym leader)

if you managed to catch an fully evolved poke you're gonna be stuck with option B of course :P. good luck and tell us what you get.

@sprocket Speed doesnt exist xD

i say just make a deadline for when the matches have to be completed by, like say a few days to a week after you post the pairings. just ask for a post on the result (honor system), or just have a 3rd party watch the battle so we dont have any arguments and stuff if it has to come down to that.
I'll only post Round 1 in about 10 hours (holidays are over) but I'll do it the same way almost all the tournaments are done (like Paradox said).
Round 1 will be the longest because we all need to build our teams and test them

@ungulateman: You must catch the first Shinx you come across.

Oh no, your Shinx is suffering from a limp leg! Must be some kind of birth defect or something, poor little guy. The power of its moves when totaled together must never exceed 100. Furthermore, to evolve Shinxe you must solo a gym leader. This helps the tyke regain some strength upon evolution, and the total power limit is increased to 150. Once more, you must solo a gym leader to evolve. Just look at that, your Shinx has overcome its previous injury and turned into quite the sporty teammate! Power limit is maxed out at 200. Be careful, though; it still has signs of its previous handicap. Any time your Luxray is feinted in battle, your power limit is decreased by 10. This stacks for every knockout, up until 12:00 AM on Sunday where the value is returned back to 200. Naturally, this goes for every week until you beat the elite four, at which point Luxray is fully strengthened and has no power limit for its moves! On note of that, if you are knocked out enough that your moves exceed your power limit, you must chose a move to ban for the entire week until the limit is reset on Sunday.

Not too hard, but complicated. Have fun with this one!

Scramble Premier League

SCRAMBLE PREMIER LEAGUE

Round 1

Battle Rules:

-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-Evasion Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Self-KO Clause
-Species Clause
-Soul Dew Clause
-Timed Battle

Now, to this tournament's own rules:

-This tournament will have each participant battling all the others during 7 rounds
-The score will be shown after the end of a round
-Win: 3 points
Draw: 1 point
Loss: 0 points
-Each participant must give one different pokemon to everyone else
-The pokemon should be given by PM
-We have 8 players which means every player will receive 7 pokemons. The player should use those pokemons to form a team that CAN BE DIFFERENT EVERY ROUND because no one knows which pokemon he will leave as a "sub"
-The players will be able to give pokemons that belong to the tier they were RANDOMLY assigned
-Remember, YOU'LL ONLY GIVE POKEMONS, YOU CANNOT GIVE SPECIFIC SETS (example: I give heatran, not scarfed heatran)
-If you receive a pokemon you already have, PM the second player that gave it to you and ask him to give another one (PLEASE DON'T USE THIS RULE TO CHEAT)

Battles:

http://davidpeter.me/media/bracketmaker2/

doomvendingmachine vs zdrup15
Paradox808 vs Vratix
vikingraider vs auramaster
Dummy007 vs Dexington

The Deadline for these matches is 24/09 just because it's the first Round and we need to test our teams.

The winner shall PM me the log or both players post THE SCORE here to confirm.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@ungulateman: You must catch the first Shinx you come across.

Oh no, your Shinx is suffering from a limp leg! Must be some kind of birth defect or something, poor little guy. The power of its moves when totaled together must never exceed 100. Furthermore, to evolve Shinxe you must solo a gym leader. This helps the tyke regain some strength upon evolution, and the total power limit is increased to 150. Once more, you must solo a gym leader to evolve. Just look at that, your Shinx has overcome its previous injury and turned into quite the sporty teammate! Power limit is maxed out at 200. Be careful, though; it still has signs of its previous handicap. Any time your Luxray is feinted in battle, your power limit is decreased by 10. This stacks for every knockout, up until 12:00 AM on Sunday where the value is returned back to 200. Naturally, this goes for every week until you beat the elite four, at which point Luxray is fully strengthened and has no power limit for its moves! On note of that, if you are knocked out enough that your moves exceed your power limit, you must chose a move to ban for the entire week until the limit is reset on Sunday.

Not too hard, but complicated. Have fun with this one!
I gotta say, this is one of the most unique challenges I've seen in awhile.

I've been practicing mine on the OU ladder and it's been good practice. I hadn't played in a while so I'm facing lower ranked players whose teams also have a bunch of UU Pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)