Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, after spending the whole day when I wasn't in class picking random numbers I finally have a team for my next HG run!

Flash, Reflect, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball (Togekiss, plenty of options here)
Rock Smash, Secret Power, Safeguard, Baton Pass (Scyther)
Snore, Hyper Beam, Giga Drain, Shadow Punch (Gengar)
Shadow Ball, Solar Beam, Nasty Plot, Odor Sleuth (Houndoom)
Rock Tomb, Twister, Captivate, Dragon Dance (Dragonite)
Attract, Captivate, Dig, Confusion (Golduck, amongst many)
Quite clearly Gengar and Houndoom will be the champs on this team, then probably Togekiss/Golduck, Nite will be hard to use and train, really and Scyther might just be useless.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Hey guys, I've been watching this thread for a while and I've decided to do a challenge on HG. I can't trade and want only 5 Pokes (I always use an HM slave), but my only other rule is that one of them must be Lapras. One of you can set restrictions on it if you want. Oh, and no curses as nicknames.

@Athenodoros: Bring a Magmar, name it Dummy007. Oh noes!!! Your Magmar was dropped on her head and her IQ went down drastically. Because of this she may not learn any special-based attacking moves. (Also, she may not evolve into Magmortar until you acquire 16 badges). To prove that even retarded Pokemon are still useful she must solo either Clair or Karen. You must play a soundbite of cats hissing during this battle.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm...Athenodoros! Your time has come to meet Lolcat! Lolcat is bored, so here is a story to go with your Pokemon.

Once upon a time there was a Nidoran (M). It was a feisty little Nido, and loved the wild. It had a girlfriend named Nida, a father named Mr. Nido, and lived under the rule of Nidoking. Now, every month in the Nido Kingdom, also known as Route 35 (where you must catch the Nido) one Nidoran is selected to serve under a Trainer in hopes to become the next Nidoking. Now, this Nido was a strong Nido, and was selected to serve under a Trainer. You are that Trainer, and this is that Nidoran (M).

The Nido Kingdom was three social classes for the men.

Nidorans- Nidorans are the lowest social class, and most Nidorans stay that way unless decided by the Nidoking to serve under a Trainer.

Nidorinos- These nobles of the Nido Kingdom have either been born into nobility by being the son of a Nidorino/Nidoking or have performed well under a Trainer. Nidorinos may serve under a Trainer in hopes to become a Nidoking, but most do not.

Nidoking- The ruler of a Nidoran colony is the absolute monarch. He decides which Nidorans get to rise in class.

There is only one way to ascend the social ladder in the Nido Kingdom, and that is to serve under a Trainer. To change from Nidoran to Nidorino, the Nidoran must have by itself defeated one powerful human Trainer and have mastered a technique from four different schools of defense.

Very few Nidorinos have become Nidokings, as a Nidorino must go through terrifying trials to do so. The Nidorino must have landed the finishing blow against the strongest Trainer in the world in order to become a Nidoking.

Recap:

Catch the first Nidoran (M) you see on Route 35. It must solo a Gym Leader and know moves of four different types to evolve. Once a Nidorino, it must land the finishing blow against Lance to evolve again.

Atheno, take a Hoothoot. It must know Sleep Talk, whether it has Early Bird or not. It cannot have any moves with base power over 80 other than HMs. It must also know Fly and at least one move that can induce a status (Confusion counts). It may evolve once it knows Take Down and has soloed Morty. Should be easy, right?

Athenodoros

Soloed Morty???

Okay then. So far:

Hoothoot, which knows Sleep Talk, Fly, and a status move, and the remaining move must have base power less than 80. It can never ever evolve.

Nidoran (M), the first on route 35, which can evolve if it knows moves of four different types and has soloed a gym leader. It can only evolve into a Nidoking if it finishes Lance.

A Magmar, called Dummy007, which cannot learn Sp. attacks, must solo Clair or Karen, and can only evolve after Gary.

A Lapras, which has no restrictions as yet.

Just looking at it, I think I'll drop the HM slave, because I should be able to spread them around. My big fear was that I would end up without a Pokemon with Fly. This means that I'm looking for two more, and it would be great if they could evolve before the first Pokemon League, because my Lapras/Hoothoot/Nidoking (maybe)/Magmar team is not looking so good against Gary.

It can evolve, but only after it has beaten Morty's Pokemon (ALL of them). Considering it will have a Psychic-type move remaining (Confusion most likely). At least, I think.

@Athenodoros, take a male Lapras named Atheno. Your natural power will attract to you THE Lapras, the great Lapras believed superior to even Arceus. This Lapras is so great that no human restriction can bind him. However, he doesn't want to reveal himself yet, so he will always cripple himself to hide his strength. In addition, Atheno will not waste his time on puny savages, so he will only battle those who are arrogant enough to command others, as if they ruled their own universe.

In other words, must always hold a Macho Brace and can only battle trainers.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Athenodoros, I'll give you a starter: Meganium. It must learn and KEEP Reflect, Light Screen (one it learns early by level up, the other is a TM at Goldenrod) and Razor Leaf. The last move cannot have a base power of over 100. It must use Reflect and Light Screen every battle, and they must be up at all times (i.e. use it again when they run out). It cannot hold Light Clay. It must beat at least one of Koga's Pokemon the first time you enter the Elite Four. Foretress doesn't count. It must also be the recipient of ALL of your Rare Candies. Call it WALL.

Athenodoros

Athens, enjoy your Poliwhirl named Luigi.

It must know either Wake-Up Slap, Brick Break, or Rock Smash.
Athenodoros, I'll give you a starter: Meganium. It must learn and KEEP Reflect, Light Screen (one it learns early by level up, the other is a TM at Goldenrod) and Razor Leaf. The last move cannot have a base power of over 100. It must use Reflect and Light Screen every battle, and they must be up at all times (i.e. use it again when they run out). It cannot hold Light Clay. It must beat at least one of Koga's Pokemon the first time you enter the Elite Four. Foretress doesn't count. It must also be the recipient of ALL of your Rare Candies. Call it WALL.
@Athenodoros, take a male Lapras named Atheno. Your natural power will attract to you THE Lapras, the great Lapras believed superior to even Arceus. This Lapras is so great that no human restriction can bind him. However, he doesn't want to reveal himself yet, so he will always cripple himself to hide his strength. In addition, Atheno will not waste his time on puny savages, so he will only battle those who are arrogant enough to command others, as if they ruled their own universe.

In other words, must always hold a Macho Brace and can only battle trainers.
It can evolve, but only after it has beaten Morty's Pokemon (ALL of them). Considering it will have a Psychic-type move remaining (Confusion most likely). At least, I think.
EDIT: Damn my glitchy internet, I thought this hadn't sent. If a mod could delete this, it'd be great.

Athenodoros

Athens, enjoy your Poliwhirl named Luigi.
Athenodoros, I'll give you a starter: Meganium.
@Athenodoros, take a male Lapras named Atheno.
Thanks, guys. I'll start now. Looking forward to it. And by the way, Auramaster, love the Avatar.

EDIT: I just realised that you can't get Macho Brace in HG. In keeping with the spirit, I think I'll use an Iron Ball.
Double EDIT: Apparently you can, so back to Macho it is.

Yes, I suppose it might OHKO them all with its amazing STAB Peck (which will actually be its highest power move when it takes on Morty.)

Athenodoros

If you guys can't find Dummy007, and want an extra person, then I could step in, if you could all PM me his Pokemon.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Scramble Update #5

Alright, here's Update #5 for you all!

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4

The Scramble Pokemon...
  • Pachirisu: Electric attacks only, Discharge by E4 (Treadshot A1)
  • Misdreavus: Can't come out in bright areas unless last one left (Ungulateman)
  • Kricketune (Faricimo): Use at least one sound move when sent out against a trainer, must be caught as one (Auramaster)
  • Drifloon: Solo a Gym depending on nature to evolve, level up, teach Frustration & use it upon entry until beating E4 (BuddyBlueBomber)
  • Burmy (Metapod): If Female, Evolve to Wormadam-S, learning Protect, Psychic*, Hidden Power & Fissure Before Palkia. If Male, Evolve into Mothim, learning Protect, U-Turn*, Hidden Power & Camoflauge before Palkia (Sprocket)
  • Piplup (Big O): Moveset is Aqua Jet/Drill Peck, Hydro Pump/Flash Cannon, Flash Cannon/Hyper Beam/Ice Beam, & Protect/Double Team. Moveset Obtained before Invasion of The Galactic Building in Veilstone. Solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon as Prinplup to Evolve (Paradox808)
*: Was initially Bug Bite, but later changed after it was discovered that neither Burmy, Wormadam or Mothim learn Bug Bite in Pearl. Bug Bite was replaced with Psychic (Wormadam-S) & U-Turn (Mothim) respectively.

The adventure so far in text (WARNING: Heaps of text!)
The next morning, I have a look around Celestic Town, where I find that Celestic isn't BlueBomber's home. I enter a shop and find some guy who goes on about making choices in the morning & gives me a Choice Specs. I equip it to Treadshot (Pachirisu) & decided to deal with a man in a spacesuit who had intentions of blowing up the town. After dispatching the space suit guy, I went in the cave and learnt about mythology & got the HM for Surf for looking at it. I left the cave & went on my way to dispatch the trainers on the Celestic side of Route 211. Knocking those out of the way, I made my way to Veilstone, to buy the TM for Protect, & find out that the TM for Frustration costs 8,000 Coins (>_>). So I arm myself with 1,000 coins & play on the Slot Machines.

I gain 1,000 coins when I decide that there had to be a faster way. At that point, I remember about the Gentleman & the Socialite on Route 212 & their high payout. So I go there, get out my Vs. Seeker (Which had a fair bit of dust on it), and grind until I had enough money to get enough coins to get the TM (Frustration) compulsory for BlueBomber for when the evolution requirements were fufilled (Fantina's Mismagius Solo). In short, I get enough to get the TM, & make my way back to Hearthome to tackle the Gym.

I enter with BlueBomber at the fore with Treadshot's Choice Specs equipped, and clean out the eight trainers that lurked there, part way, I gave BlueBomber my two Rare Candies & got it to a level where it can learn Shadow Ball. Then, at Level 39, with Choice Specs equipped, & lurking at the front of the party, BlueBomber & I took on Fantina...

BlueBomber came out for me while she sent out BlueBomber's evo: Drifblim. The high level of BlueBomber overpowered Fantina's number & was easily OHKOed by the Choiced Shadow Ball.
Then came out Mismagius, the one Pokemon BlueBomber needed to solo to evolve. Mismagius got cocky & used Magical Leaf??? Magical Leaf??? On a Pokemon that could be OHKOed by a Shadow Ball??? What. A. Blunder. Is. The. AI. In. The. Game. Really. That. Dumb? Probably. So, BlueBomber took advantage of Fantina's Blunder & OHKOed Mismagius with Shadow Ball, completely filling BlueBomber's evolution requirements.
After the costly mistake, Fantina then sends out Gengar, who like Mismagius, outspeeds BlueBomber, & like Mismagius, bunders by using Spite??? What. A. Dumbass. Even. I. Would. Know. That. Shadow. Ball. Was. The. Better. Move. Which. Considering. Gengars. Special. Attack. Base. Stat. Would've. Easily. OHKOed. Poor. BlueBomber. Who. OHKOes. In. Reply. With. Shadow. Ball. Game. Over. I win the Relic Badge, the TM for Shadow Claw, & on top of that, BlueBomber grows to Level 40 & finally evolves into the Mighty Drifblim! As a reward, BlueBomber gets taught Frustration.

After that, I go to the Pokemon Centre to heal up. I see that before going to Canalave, it would be wise to train up my Pokemon (Big O (Prinplup) in particular) by exploring those routes previously inaccesable to me (The water part of Route 213, Route 218-221) & make some important decisions, as Big O needs to have his movepool ready by the time I get to invade Team Galactic's Veilstone Headquarters, & that means grinding, grinding, & more grinding (Boo!). So I decide to delay Big O's evolution until Level 51 (Where Prinplup can learn Hydro Pump) & aim for a moveset of Drill Peck, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, & Protect.

So, before I can go & train, I see that I lack a surfer (Big O can learn Surf, but...), so I decide to go & catch a Pokemon to teach Surf to. I grab my Good Rod & fish in a body of water on Route 209. I eventually hook a Goldeen, reduce his health, & catch it in a Poke Ball, naming it Goldfish. I add it to my party at the expense of BlueBomber (Well at level 40, it doesn't need much grinding at the moment...), teach it Surf, & hang ten on Route 213. After getting all the goodies that were there, I ride my way to Route 219 on a bike, & defeat the trainers on that route & those on Route 220 & Route 221. After that, I beat the trainers on Route 218 before arriving at Canalave City, where I send Goldfish to the PC & bring BlueBomber back out. I then try to cross the bridge before Someone appears, challenging me to a battle.

I send out Treadshot while he sends out Staravia. Treadshot scores an easy OHKO on Staravia with Discharge.
Then Big O comes in on Ponyta. Big O OHKOes Ponyta with Brine, after shrugging off a Fire Spin.
Faricimo comes in on Grotle for "Round 3". Round 3 ends quickly, Faricimo putting Grotle to sleep & 2HKOing with X-Scissor.
Heracross then comes in while I send in Metapod (Mothim). Heracross gives Metapod a challenge, putting him in KO range after 2 Night Slashes (No Crits fortunately), but was 2HKOed by Gust.
Treadshot comes in again to deal with Someone's final Pokemon: Buizel. Treadshot again scores a OHKO with Discharge & wins me the battle.

After that, I heal up at the Pokemon Centre & set sail on a leaky boat to Iron Island. I defeat the trainers there & after beating a couple of spacemen alongside a guy with a Lucario, I get an offer to take an egg. I decline, due to lack of space in the party. After arriving back in Canalave, I find that it isn't BlueBomber's home, & take on Canalave Gym. after easily schooling the trainers there with Big O, I take on Byron for Badge #6.

I send in Big O while he sends in Bronzor. Thinking that it would be too easy to beat Byron, I switch in Faricimo to give her a chance to take it on. She switches in on Extrasensory, which doesn't do much damage (Thanks to Bronzor's pitiful Special Attack stat). After missing with Sing, Faricimo puts it in KO range with 2 X-Scissors while it uses in order: FlashCannon, Extrasensory, Hypnosis. Unfortunately, Hypnosis hits. I then switch Big O while Byron heals up with a Hyper Potion. Big O attacks with Brine, which doesn't do that much damage. While he whethers a couple of weak Extrasensory's & a missed Hypnosis, Big O puts Bronzor in KO range with 2 Pecks, before delivering the knockout blow with it.
Big O stays in for Steelix, almost KOing it with Brine while Steelix Dragonbreaths, not paralyzing Big O. After Scrambling for another Hyper Potion, Steelix eventually drops after 2 more Brines from Big O.
Last, but not least, comes Bastiodon. I send in Metapod with his super-duper trusty-dusty HP Fighting (Which I assume to be weaker than Confusion). While Metapod sprays Bastiodon with HP Fighting, Byron again proves the lack of intelligence that the AI has by using Rest (With more than half-health), consuming the Chesto Berry, then Resting again with about the same health as last time. Metapod abuses the Resting period & 3HKOes Bastiodon with HP Fighting, & winning me the battle, the Mine Badge, & the TM for Flash Cannon.

After that battle, Someone appears (again?) & tells me to go to the library. Before going there, I heal at the Pokemon Centre. And that's where we leave off...

And finally, the current team...

Faricimo (Female Kricketune) @ Nothing
Lv:31/Careful/Swarm
-Screech
-Sing
-X-Scissor
-Fury Cutter

Comments: X-Scissor improved her a lot, but looks like lagging of behind her teamates.

Metapod (Male Mothim) @ Nothing
Lv:32/Naughty/Swarm
-Protect
-Tackle
-HP Fighting
-Psybeam

Comments: Doesn't see much action, makes the occasional contribution (Owning Byron's Bastiodon with HP Fighting) but apart from that, he's lagging behind.

Ungulate (Female Misdreavus) @ Nothing
Lv:33/Mild/Levitate
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray
1 Dusk Stone until Evolution

Comments: Since learning Psybeam, Ungulate has been a great team member. Curse the light!

Treadshot (Female Pachirisu) @ Choice Specs
Lv:35/Relaxed/Run Away
-Spark
-Cut
-Quick Attack
-Discharge

Comments: The prime revenge killer. She's the go to Pokemon for damage on anything that takes at least neutral to Electric. The title of the so-called "Bane of All Scramblers" looks to be very shaky at the moment...

BlueBomber (Female Drifblim) @ Nothing
Lv:40/Calm/Aftermath
-Fly
-Frustration
-Payback
-Shadow Ball

Comments: Hasn't seen any use after evolution, but looks to be a powerhouse...After it uses Frustration...=P

Big O (Male Prinplup) @ Exp. Share
Lv:45/Lonely/Torrent
-Protect
-Metal Claw
-Brine
-Peck
Can Evolve any time!

Comments: Level deliberately higher than others due to the upcoming invasion of the Galactic Building...Evolution deliberately delayed until Level 51 so it can learn Hydro Pump then instead of Level 59.

That's all for the update. Things going very smoothly at the moment! :)

Paradox, catch a Rattata as soon as possible & name it Joey. It must lead out against your battle against Youngster Joey. During your battle, your Rattata develops a sheer hatred for Youngster Joey's Rattata.

For it to evolve, it must solo Youngster Joey's Rattata three times, meaning you must get his phone number, & every time you get a top-percent call, you must either A: Teach it a TM, B: Give it a berry that's useful in battle, or C: Feed it a Vitamin.

It's simple, not very restrictive, & it exemplifies how annoying Youngster Joey is. Good Luck!
@Paradox808, you get a Hoothoot named Phosiotic. It must always hold a berry, and must prove itself as an awesome flying type by soloing Falkner. It also must attack all of Jasmine's Pokemon :P But it doesn't have to solo them.
Paradox gets a dragonair. Solo Will with it, and at the start of the battle, it must be the lowest level pokemon in your party. Call it Treadshot.
Paradox, grab a Goldeen. It has to kill at least one of Gary's Pokemon with Horn Drill.
Paradox, take a Drowzee named HypnoToad. It must always know Hypnosis and (when possible) Dream Eater. Furthermore, you must teach it Focus Punch when you get the TM for a mostly sleep based moveset. The last move is of your choosing.
and i have one poke that is being obtained while in kanto:
in Kanto catch a Houndour, name it Auramaster
Oh no, Auramaster hasn't published his team for SPL so we can cheat and work around it! As punishment he can only use moves if they will not do Super Effective damage. His attacking moves must be all either HMs and TMs or level up moves there can be no crossover. If he (yes he, must be male) can learn a move that is also a TM it is banned either way you choose.
im gonna start with cyndaquil so i can get a flame wheel ratata. i know that ratata will be in the top percentage of ratata for sure :P
and sry sprocket, i got a team of 6 before you posted your eevee :(

@Its_a_random

A1 usually gave out MEP when people already had a completely viable and usually way better electric type (e.g. i had a really good Luxray which made MEP completely useless thanks to it having T-bolt and Vratix was keen to giving out Light ball pikas for some reason O.o). since you dont really have anything with electric attacks its actually a benefit to your team.

@Its_a_random

A1 usually gave out MEP when people already had a completely viable and usually way better electric type (e.g. i had a really good Luxray which made MEP completely useless thanks to it having T-bolt and Vratix was keen to giving out Light ball pikas for some reason O.o). since you dont really have anything with electric attacks its actually a benefit to your team.
I will keep that in mind, to try and make MEP even worse. Like, say, forcing you to kill 10 Digletts with it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)