Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying a stupid thing with one of my Pokemon in those two, and majorly changed my team afterwards. I'm kicking myself now, because what I was trying to do was just stupid.
And damn, I like my Rotom. :)
Yeah, rotom is the coolest! And he's very important in any team. I will change my team especially for this battle. It's failling too may times to risk the title.
We'll schedule the battle for an hour like this one. At least auramaster and doom would be able to see it.
Anyone else wants to watch?

now that i see two people with rotoms, i just want to ask if you were given a ROTOM-A, and not just a ROTOM. this simple overlooked fact could have changed the outcome of alot of battles if you were intended to get the base form in UU and not a kitchen appliance on steroids. its really too late to change anything but this small fact only really dawned on me now :/

if the PM just said "rotom" then you could check by checking the list to see if the person who gave it to you was on the UU list or the OU list

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Scramble Update #9

Alright, here's another annoying update from me...This will be the penultimate update for this particular Scramble...

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5

Update #6
Update #7
Update #8

The Pokemon...
  • Pachirisu: Electric attacks only, Discharge by E4 (Treadshot A1)
  • Misdreavus: Can't come out in bright areas unless last one left (Ungulateman)
  • Kricketune (Faricimo): Use at least one sound move when sent out against a trainer, must be caught as one (Auramaster)
  • Drifloon: Solo a Gym depending on nature to evolve, level up, teach Frustration & use it upon entry until beating E4 (BuddyBlueBomber)
  • Burmy (Metapod): If Female, Evolve to Wormadam-S, learning Protect, Psychic*, Hidden Power & Fissure Before Palkia. If Male, Evolve into Mothim, learning Protect, U-Turn*, Hidden Power & Camoflauge before Palkia (Sprocket)
  • Piplup (Big O): Moveset is Aqua Jet/Drill Peck, Hydro Pump/Flash Cannon, Flash Cannon/Hyper Beam/Ice Beam, & Protect/Double Team. Moveset Obtained before Invasion of The Galactic Building in Veilstone. Solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon as Prinplup to Evolve (Paradox808)
*: Was initially Bug Bite, but later changed after it was discovered that neither Burmy, Wormadam or Mothim learn Bug Bite in Pearl. Bug Bite was replaced with Psychic (Wormadam-S) & U-Turn (Mothim) respectively.

The adventure in text...
So, I enter Victory Road, with a team of Ungulate (Mismagius), Metapod (Mothim), Faricimo (Kricketune), Treadshot (Pachirisu), Big O (Empoleon) & Slave ((Bibarel) Who as its name suggests, is a HM Slave), with Ungulate in the lead position (Dark Cave). I bring about 15 Hyper Potions & 20 Revives in stock alongside other things found along the way & plan to get through the road without retreating to the Pokemon Centre.

In the beginning, the road is tough, Ungulate uses up a portion of potions early & the stay in the road is significally lengthened by endless Wild Pokemon Battles (Ungulate's level meant repels wouldn't work). There was also a heap of trainer battles. The first one was a Psychic, who spammed Gengar & Alakazam & used up a couple of Potions & a Revive. Next was a Bird Keeper with a Noctowl & a Fuckraptor & used up a few more potions. I then used up another potion for the Ace Trainer at the end of the first part of the road, beating a Golduck & a fat pink bitch.

Now the second part & a few boulder & bike puzzles to deal with. First trainer here gave me a little bit of trouble with Rapidash, but Big O & Metapod together cleaned up Carnivine & Rampy. Then came an annoying trainer with a Clefable, who eventually fell to Ungulate, Metapod attempted to deal with Torterra, U-Turning to Faricimo, who lulled the tortoise to sleep before killing it with X-Scissor. Next in the firing line was an Expert with another Fuckraptor, who got bullshitted by Treadshot, then Big O dealt with Hippowdon. I then dealt with the other boulder & bike puzzle on the floor to get the TM for Stone Edge. Along the way, I was foced to deal with a Double Team with yet another annoying Fuckraptor & a Whiscash. Several Potions & a revive later, & I was ready to deal with the next part of the road.

The third part was very easy the only trainer was a Blackbelt with Machamp, who couldn't do anything but lower Ungulate's Speed with Scary Face while Ungulate easily 3HKOed with Shadow Ball. After that, I headed down the stairs to the next part of the road.

This part had water in it & four trainers in it. The first one was a Psychic with the Chimecho evo line. That trainer fell quickly. The next one was a Double Team with a Gyarados & a Medicham. Ungulate OHKOed Medicham while Metapod U-Turned to Treadshot, who shrugged off a Gyarados attack. Treadshot & Ungulate then combined to KO Gyarados with Spark & Shadow Ball respectively. The third trainer was another Ace Trainerwith a Honchkrow, who got rubbished by Treadshot's Discharge. The last Trainer was a Dragon Tamer with a Gabite, who KOed Ungulate before being rubbished by Big O. After that, I revived Ungulate (again), replenished her PP with an Elixir, & headed up the stairs to the final area.

The last area wasn't much in the way of trainers, only two of them lurked the area. The first trainer was a Veteran. His Tentacruel took a while to go down, then Golem came in & OHKOed Ungulate with Stone Edge. Big O came in & picked off Golem, before an Empoleon vs. Empoleon battle brewed. The battle was anti-climatic, with the Veteran's Empoleon falling after 2 lots of Cannon Party (Hydro Pump) & 2 Sudden Impacts (Drill Peck). After reviving Ungulate again, I headed up, got the items & faced the final Trainer in the road: another Dragon Tamer. His first Gible fell quickly to Ungulate, Big O dealt with the second Gible with Chrome Buster (Ice Beam), & Treadshot dealt with Gyarados with Discharge. After that, I found the exit & left. I conquered Victory Road!

I then head up the waterfall & arrive at the Pokemon League HQ. I heal up my Pokemon, bring BlueBomber (Drifblim) back into the fray at the expense of Slave, & replenish my Hyper Potion & Revive stock. I look around the place, & just as I approached a man who was blocking the entrance to the E4, here comes Someone, wanting to battle me...

I send in BlueBomber while Someone sends in a Fuckraptor. Fuckraptor begins with a Steel Wing while BlueBomber does lol damage with Frustration. The annoying little cunt-bird then U-Turns to Floatzel while BlueBomber raised herself to greater heights, flying up high. BlueBomber dodges an AquaJet before Critting with Fly, which Floatzel survives with less than half health. Floatzel then got his revenge, KOing BlueBomber & taking Aftermath Damage, putting it in KO range.
I send in Treadshot to revenge kill Floatzel, & she does exactly that, shrugging off an Ice Fang to KO Floatzel.
Someone then sends in Torterra while I send in Faricimo, who was ready for Round whatever it was. This time, Torterra got the upper hand, dodging a Sing to KO with a combination of Leaf Storm & Earthquake.
I send in Metapod, who instantly U-Turns into Big O, allowing him to shrug off a Crunch. Big O then KOes with Chrome Buster.
Next in Someone's arsenal was a Heracross. Big O shrugs off an Aerial Ace to OHKO with a Sudden Impact.
Treadshot comes back in to deal with Fuckraptor, who comes back for another round, but then chickens out, U-Turning to a Snorlax, who Tradshot hit with Discharge, critting & paralysing the fat man. I switch out Treadshot for Metapod, who got paralysed by a Body Slam. Using Metapod as death fodder, I use a Hyper Potion on Treadshot, while Snorlax KOes with Crunch.
I send Big O back in to deal with Snorlax & use Plasma Gimmick (Protect) to scout Snorlax's next move, however I don't see a move as Snorlax spends a turn fully paralysed...So Big O uses Cannon Party to deal hefty damage to Snorlax, while Snorlax Earthquakes in reply. Big O then makes a Sudden Impact, putting Snorlax in KO range, while Snorlax Crunches (Okay...). That blunderish move allowed Big O to move in for the kill, KOing Snorlax with a Sudden Impact.
So Treadshot comes back out to hopefully, get rid of Fuckraptor once & for all. Fuckraptor decides to Steel Wing Treadshot while Treadshot Discharges, which the cunt bird survives. Fuckraptor then gets in a Close Combat, which Treadshot survives to finally KO the annoying bird.
Last in Someone's arsenal was a Rapidash, who instantly springs up to dodge a Discharge. I then use a Hyper Potion on Treadshot while Rapidash paralyses with Bounce. Rapidash then gets in a Fire Blast while Treadshot paralyses Rapidash with Discharge. Rapidash then used Sunny Day while Treadshot Discharged again, before seeing Rapidash KO Treadshot with Fire Blast.
I send in a weakened Big O (Because Ungulate can't come out) to try & deal with Rapidash. Not wanting to risk a Cannon Party missing, I command Big O to make a Sudden Impact, which KOes Rapidash & win me the battle.

After that, I heal at the Pokemon Centre & decide to start grinding to prepare myself for the E4. It will be a long, boring process, but it will hopefully pay off. I aim to get all 6 members to Lv60 before fighting the E4. And that's where we leave off...

And the team...(At the time of winning the final rival encounter)

BlueBomber (Female Drifblim) @ Nothing
Lv:43/Calm/Aftermath
-Fly
-Frustration
-Payback
-Shadow Ball

Comments: Frustration does lol damage, oh well, at least it can Fly...

Metapod (Male Mothim) @ Nothing
Lv:43/Naughty/Swarm
-Protect
-Camouflauge
-HP Fighting
-U-Turn

Comments: One of the two "struggling bugs".

Faricimo (Female Kricketune) @ Nothing
Lv:43/Careful/Swarm
-Screech
-Sing
-X-Scissor
-Strength

Comments: The other of the two "struggling bugs".

Ungulate (Female Mismagius) @ Nothing
Lv:44/Mild/Levitate
-Pain Split
-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
-Payback

Comments: Stupid light...

Treadshot (Female Pachirisu) @ Choice Specs
Lv:45/Relaxed/Run Away
-Spark
-Cut
-Quick Attack
-Discharge

Comments: Great revenge killer, has helped me get out of some tight spots in the past...

Big O (Male Empoleon) @ Nothing
Lv:56/Lonely/Torrent
-Plasma Gimmick (Protect)
-Chrome Buster (Ice Beam)
-Cannon Party (Hydro Pump)
-Sudden Impact (Drill Peck)

Comments: The Powerhouse of the team. Enough said.

That's all for now in this Scramble, the final Update will be the entire E4 run...How will I fare? Stay tuned...

Someone then sends in Torterra while I send in Faricimo, who was ready for Round whatever it was. This time, Torterra got the upper hand, dodging a Sing to KO with a combination of Leaf Storm & Earthquake.
I just realized Krickitune isn't part Flying :( I thought it was weird that Torterra could KO with Earthquake. Anyway, great job making it through Victory Road with a poor team, good luck in the Elite Four.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I just realized Krickitune isn't part Flying :( I thought it was weird that Torterra could KO with Earthquake. Anyway, great job making it through Victory Road with a poor team, good luck in the Elite Four.
Kricketune had crappy defences, where Leaf Storm weakened it a lot, then Earthquake killed it...
Thank you for complimenting my uhhh...getting through Victory Road. :)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Its A Random said:
-Cannon Party (Hydro Pump)
Shouldn't this be Hydro Cannon? Or maybe that's too hard in Pearl.

Anyway, I've decided to do another scramble, this time on Platinum. My plan is to complete all of the storyline, and then challenge the League after the national dex, with the final battle against Cynthia. As such, I can pretty much have anything, although I may have to step in if I notice everything can only be obtained after the national dex or something. I don't have any other restrictions I can think of at the moment. Hit me.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Shouldn't this be Hydro Cannon? Or maybe that's too hard in Pearl.
Yeah, 1. Too hard in Pearl, & 2. Challenge post mentioned Hydro Pump...Thinking about it, maybe Hydro Cannon makes more sense than Hydro Pump...But meh.

Anyways, your challenge...Congratulations! You get a Drifloon! Name it Balloon & before your battle with Giratina, it must have this moveset:

-Stockpile: Stockpile
-De-Stock: Swallow/Spit Up
-Hit Me If You Can: Baton Pass/Protect/Double Team
-Special Bomb: Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Psychic

To evolve Drifloon, It must solo 2 Gym Leader Main Pokemon (The strongest Pokemon on the team).

Have fun! :)

Hydro cannon is only available post E4, so hydropump seemed like a suitable replacement

Anyways, you get Big Duo (a scyther), the second of the Bigs.

armed with powerful turbines on its arms, it uses these huge propellers to fly and use its superior agility to get the upper hand on the opponent (agility/double team), and out maneuver them with quick counter attacks (air slash/razor wind). it also uses its propellors to slash and hack the enemy (slash/aerial ace), as well as using its immense strength to be able to outright beat opponents when the going gets tough (double hit/nightslash)

you must fight the other Big mech (aka scizor) in the 6th gym to evolve, as well as obtaining all of the moveset requirements above.

upon evolving and becoming Big Duo Inferno, it loses the ability to make quick counter attacks but gains immense strength (metal claw/Iron head), (swords dance/iron defense), and becomes even stronger than before. it has to fight the third Big (empoleon in victory road), to prove that you are a worthy pilot, and cast in the name of god, ye not guilty

In short:
moveset is

agility / double team
air slash / razor wind
slash / aerial ace
double hit / night slash

evolution upon big duo soloing scizor in 6th gym and obtaining moveset

moveset after evolution is

swords dance / iron defense
metal claw / iron head
slash / aerial ace
double hit / night slash

and you have to solo and win against empoleon in victory road

Atheno gets BigWhoop, the Lapras. He happens to think he's god, and so has this superiority complex that forces him to land he finishing blow on every wild pokemon you encounter from the moment he is captured, because they are not worthy to be in His presence.

Oh, and he must know exactly one water type move.

Athenodoros

I am going to go broke because of the repels I will have to buy after Lapras. Also, loving the way that Scizor has to solo Empoleon, despite the fact that it has only NVE moves. Anyway, thanks everyone. That's three, so I only need three more, and apparently I need to start off with Infernape, so that the rival has an Empoleon Scizor can solo in Victory Road.

Ok, just got online after some inactivity and.... holy *#$@ i missed a challenge request! Oh man i was looking forward to setting an ADV challenge...

Anyway, Atheno, time to take revenge on you for making me voltorb flip >:p (PS an adventure post will be coming soon, i just couldn't be pooped to write it). Lucky for you i'm in a bright and chirpy mood.

You get a Machoke, name it "Insomniac". He is a pokemon that despises sleeping and thinks it's for the weak. To prove this to the world, he must learn and keep Wake-up-slap, then use it on every sleeping pokemon he sees to "bring them to their senses". As the average worrier, the rest of his moveset must consist of another fighting type move, then two other attacking moves that have a different types to eachother. Once you beat the elite four, he secretly falls asleep inside his Poke Ball (yes, must be caught in a Poke Ball). Insomniac releases that sleep is actually good, in fact, he can't get enough of it! Now you must change he nickname to "Bulldozer", and learn the ResTalk combo ASAP, and then use it as his only battling stile. However Bulldozer still thinks that it is very unfair that the opponent may be asleep, let alone he can actually attack in his sleep! To counter this he must still keep Wake-Up-Slap. Because i'm nice, there will be no evolution restrictions.

Recap:
  • At first gets nickname "Insomniac". Must keep Wake-Up-Slap (In both stages)
  • Has another fighting move, two other moves of different types.
  • Must be caught in Poke Ball.
  • After Elite Four, is called "Bulldozer". Must learn ResTalk ASAP, must only attack through Restalk.

Good luck!

EDIT: chocolate-kipp, again because i'm feeling bright and chirpy, you may use Return on Hippopotas. Since it's power cap is 101 technically it has two numbers in 123(?). Since this is only at power cap, it can only learn it if it has max happiness. If it isn't at max happiness then well... you'll need a need a new move then ;p.

Athenodoros

Anyway, Atheno, time to take revenge on you for making me voltorb flip >:p
Lol. I knew I'd regret that. And Return is 102 base power, not 101, so you shouldn't have any problem at all.

That just leaves two, and just because people generally give starters for the last couple, remember I have to start with (although not necessarily keep) Chimchar (see above).

Hey Atheno, I see you have a lapras already, right? So this is my challenge: catch a slowpoke ASAP.
Why is it special? Slowbro is one of my favourite pokes. Because I'm a calm guy that slowpoke should be Calm. It has to learn ASAP calm mind and psychic (because I'm smart). He must also have slack off (lazy guy) on his moveset and can't have water type attacks (I'm not a water lover). I leave the last move for you to choose.
Also zdrup15 the slowbro has to begin every double battle you find with your lapras and defeat it before attacking any opponent because lapras is his biggest opponent. Just to prove lapras who's the best!xD
I'll ask for a scramble in 5 or 6 hours so you can have your revenge.

@Atheno, I'll give you Chimchar, named Derago. It can only know Physical moves, or only know Special moves and Scratch, your choice. To change which one you picked, black out against a gym leader with Derago on your team.

Also, you aren't just a trainer. You're also a government agent of Kanto, sent to explore Sinnoh and bring back samples of its natural resources. Thus, you must catch every Pokemon in a route, and get every item in a route, before moving on to the next route. You do not have to catch a Pokemon if you already have it (so no catching Bidoof in every route it's in), and if you don't find an item before looking it up on Serebii, Bulbapedia, etc. then you must play a spy or secret agent tune in your head over and over, until you find all the items in that route. You must check Serebii, Bulbapedia, etc. to make sure you get everything.

Because I couldn't get my last Scramble (Sapphire) started, I'm scrapping it to start a PEARL SCRAMBLE! I can't trade, and I'd like at least 2 pokemon before the second gym. Otherwise, let your imaginations run wild!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
DragonBreath, take a Sheildon & name it Shield.

This Sheildon is an all Special one, & it must learn & keep Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast & a Special move of your choice.

Sheildon Must solo one Gym Leader to evolve.

Have fun! :)

I have also been set a Shinx by Xarix, which must net the final KO in each gym, and can only evolve immediately as the result of levelling up from a gym battle. This is with the Shieldon. Looks good so far, I'd like a starter next, if possible.

DragonBreath, take a Grotle.

Now, the special thing about this Grotle is that it thinks it's a Wartortle, so name it as such. You must keep Withdraw in its' movepool, and it has to go against every fire Pokemon in the Elite Four and win.

DragonBreath, take a Grotle.

Now, the special thing about this Grotle is that it thinks it's a Wartortle, so name it as such. You must keep Withdraw in its' movepool, and it has to go against every fire Pokemon in the Elite Four and win.
Do I have to keep it as a Grotle? You didn't specifically say.

EDIT: Trying this again. DragonBreath, I grant you permission to use the coolest non-glitch Pokemon, Lucario! Why would I give away such a grand Pokemon? Because people are underestimating Lucario lately. They assume they know all his moves, but they have only scratched the surface. And we all know how weak a scratch is. To show them the error of their ways, you will train a Lucario that doesn't use ANY move suggested for Lucario in the Smogon analysis. This includes...

Swords Dance, Close Combat, Stone Edge, ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, Ice Punch, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, Dragon Pulse, Agility, ThunderPunch, Calm Mind, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave, and Counter.

It must also solo Cynthia's Lucario, to prove it's the best. Name it UnderUsed, and if it's female, breed it. The Riolu that you get from breeding must know at least one egg move not on the list of moves above, and keep that move through the whole game.
loudkirbyking can lead the Mythology village if I die.

@DragonBreath, take a Chimchar. Then deposit it and catch a Starly, named Starter. It is your new starter Pokemon. It must be the highest level Pokemon in your party at all times. After the first gym, it can only use 3 different STAB moves. After the second gym, it can only use 2, 1 after the third gym, and once you have 4 gym badges, it can't use any STAB moves. You can teach it Fly or Defog to help, but they can't be used in battle.
I already have this Grotle, but I can use the Starly with the same rules?

Athenodoros

Dragon Breath, take a Geodude. It may only evolve after soloing 10 Gym Leader Pokemon (watch out everyone else, because there aren't many left now) and it has to solo your rival when you meet him/her in Victory Road, but it can never be the highest-levelled Pokemon in your party.

In other news, my Platinum challenge is:

Anyways, your challenge...Congratulations! You get a Drifloon! Name it Balloon & before your battle with Giratina, it must have this moveset:

-Stockpile: Stockpile
-De-Stock: Swallow/Spit Up
-Hit Me If You Can: Baton Pass/Protect/Double Team
-Special Bomb: Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Psychic

To evolve Drifloon, It must solo 2 Gym Leader Main Pokemon

Anyways, you get Big Duo (a scyther)

Moveset before Evolution:
-agility / double team
-air slash / razor wind
-slash / aerial ace
-double hit / night slash

evolution upon big duo soloing scizor in 6th gym and obtaining moveset

Moveset after Evolution:
-swords dance / iron defense
-metal claw / iron head
-slash / aerial ace
-double hit / night slash

and you have to solo and win against empoleon in victory road

Atheno gets BigWhoop, the Lapras. He happens to think he's god, and so has this superiority complex that forces him to land he finishing blow on every wild pokemon you encounter from the moment he is captured, because they are not worthy to be in His presence. Oh my God this is going to be painful.

Oh, and he must know exactly one water type move.

At first gets nickname "Insomniac". Must keep Wake-Up-Slap (In both stages)
  • Has another fighting move, two other moves of different types.
  • Must be caught in Poke Ball.
  • After Elite Four, is called "Bulldozer". Must learn ResTalk ASAP, must only attack through Restalk.

Hey Atheno, I see you have a lapras already, right? So this is my challenge: catch a slowpoke ASAP.
Why is it special? Slowbro is one of my favourite pokes. Because I'm a calm guy that slowpoke should be Calm. It has to learn ASAP calm mind and psychic (because I'm smart). He must also have slack off (lazy guy) on his moveset and can't have water type attacks (I'm not a water lover). I leave the last move for you to choose.
Also zdrup15 the slowbro has to begin every double battle you find with your lapras and defeat it before attacking any opponent because lapras is his biggest opponent.

Atheno, I'll give you Chimchar, named Derago. It can only know Physical moves, or only know Special moves and Scratch, your choice. To change which one you picked, black out against a gym leader with Derago on your team.

So that's the challenge. It sounds fun. Oh wait:

auramaster said:
Also, you aren't just a trainer. You're also a government agent of Kanto, sent to explore Sinnoh and bring back samples of its natural resources. Thus, you must catch every Pokemon in a route, and get every item in a route, before moving on to the next route. You do not have to catch a Pokemon if you already have it (so no catching Bidoof in every route it's in), and if you don't find an item before looking it up on Serebii, Bulbapedia, etc. then you must play a spy or secret agent tune in your head over and over, until you find all the items in that route. You must check Serebii, Bulbapedia, etc. to make sure you get everything.
Oh God. And, zdrup15, does that mean Slowbro's nature must be calm?v

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Dragon Breath, this will be a unique and outright difficult challenge.

Every time you enter a new area you've never been to before, you MUST catch the very first wild Pokemon you encounter. You may NOT use Repels to skip thru a route without battling a wild Pokemon. Every time you encounter a wild Pokemon using this method, you must release the previous one caught by this method, regardless of level or species or whether you capture a Pokemon or not (If you fail to capture a new Pokemon, you must release your old one anyway). This Pokemon must also be your lead in any Gym Leader battle, unless another challenge overrides, and you cannot switch out until the Gym Leader's lead Pokemon is defeated or your lead faints.

IE: Route 201 if the first wild Pokemon you encounter is Starly, you must capture it. Then in Route 202 you encounter a Shinx, you must attempt to capture the Shinx, and you must release Starly.

Areas are defined as a location on the map, such as a numbered Route, cave, Mt. Coronet. It does NOT include towns, the Safari Zone, or separate "floors" of a cave. Fishing rods are forbidden.

Due to the nature of this challenge, there is no moveset restrictions of any kind.

Yes, this is very similar to a Nuzlocke.

I take this challenge with both hands, and shall squeeze every last drop out of it until it is completed!
Ok, that was overly dramatic. But yes, I'll take Sprocket's Challenge, followed by the Pearl Scramble, which I need one more pokemon for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)