Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
lol, I think I've started something...

auramaster, take a Gligar & name it Capers. It may not know any TM moves initially. For each Monster House it solos, It must replace one of its moves with a TM Move. Have it lead the party at Stormy Sea, at a level below 40 (Upon entry), & with a maximum of 2 Reviver Seeds. If you clear the dungeon on the first try, all move restrictions are removed. Fail this, & it must hold a Cheri Berry to fight & have the Exclusive Move User IQ skill on. When it doesn't have one, all moves must be turned off.

Have fun.

EDIT: Accepted both auramaster's & Texas Cloverleaf's challenges...Ironically Aerodactyl isn't obtainable until the last dungeon before the post-game...If it turns out I can't get the respective Friend Areas for either Pokemon, I will notify the appropriate challenge giver & tell them to give a different Pokemon. Anyways, good luck me.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Final Update!
- This is a challenge with a bit of a twist. I wnat a Treecko as a starter, three Johto exclusive pokemon and one Hoenn exclusive pokemon. I have already been given a variable challenge and i will trade eggs for the two Hoenn Pokemon.
- No drudgery
- I reserve the right to refuse your challenge if I hate it, or the Pokemon you give me.
- If I reject something for reasons not stated here i will give you either a chance at a new challenge, or a reservation for my next challenge.

-Variable challenge Given by Sprocket
Use any Pokemon you want, no evolution restrictions, however it must be caught in the wild or be an in-game acquisition (to prevent passing moves down by breeding).

Here's the catch: Every time it wants to learn a new move (via level-up, TM, HM, move-tutor, or whatever), roll a D6 (a six-sided die). On a 1-4 it must learn that move, and replace the corresponding move in its move list (1 corresponds with the first move, 4 corresponds with the last move, as seen by the out-of-combat Pokemon menu). On a 5 or 6, it cannot learn that move, period. You can only attempt to teach it any given move once. You cannot use the move deleter for any reason, and you cannot teach it TM/HM/Move-Tutor moves until it has 4 moves already.

(Obviously, this rule doesn't apply until the Pokemon has 4 moves)
Nidoking selected for its movepool. Do not issue me a challenge with a Nidoking.

-Arcticblast
You get a Mareep.
Mareep believes it is the softest in the land, and as such must learn and keep Cotton Spore. Until it becomes an Ampharos. Outraged at the loss of its wool, it must find something to take out its anger on strong Pokemon that it believes to be soft. It must solo 20 Trainer Pokemon with fur or feathers with Thunderpunch, and may not switch out against or switch into them. Once it does this, it still cannot get over its loss of wool, and as such may not know Cotton Spore or any attacking move besides Thunderpunch until it defeats one Pokemon in the Elite Four, which is enough of a morale boost that it may learn any two offensive moves.

-It's a Random's Crobat
I'll offer you X-Eyed the Crobat (Get a Zubat & evolve it ASAP).

It must know & keep Fly, Bite/Confuse Ray, Poison Fang/Cross Poison & Roost, obtaining the moveset before the E4. Solo Koga with it. If you fail, it must permanently give up one of its moveslots. On top of that, It must solo a Kanto Leader other than Erika, which you must choose before you start your adventure. Fail that & it must give up another moveslot permanently.

-DetroitLolcat's Mantine
You get a Mantine. First Mantine you catch. It cannot learn Hydro Pump, Confuse Ray, Toxic or Haze. It cannot learn both Ice Beam and Attract.THIS IS NOT A "NO GOOD MOVES CHALLENGE!!!" The final restriction is based on its nature.

+Atk: Have it solo Brock
+Def: Have it solo Jasmine
+SpA: Have it solo Sabrina
+SDef: Have it solo Karen
+Spe: Have it solo Rival in Victory Road
+None: Have it solo Clair

-Atk: Have it solo Misty
-Def: Have it solo Erika
-SpA: Have it solo Bruno
-SpD: Have it solo Koga
-Spe: Have it solo Will
-None: Have it solo Blue
You may only use as many items as the opponent does. Hope you don't get a +-None nature!
For each of these solos you do NOT complete one your first try, you must solo one of Red's pokemon.

-Galladiator's Treecko
Your Treecko, having been torn from its homeland of Hoenn, is naturally rather resentful toward you. (As such it will refuse to use STAB in battle.-omitted) When it evolves after soloing Bugsy it grows to like you, even though you tore it from its original Trainer. Therefore it must learn Return ASAP, and solo Chuck to become Sceptile. As Sceptile it must appear once against every Gym Leader and E4 member after Chuck, KOing a total of 5 of their Pokemon combined. NN it "Godzilla".
-BiGGiE's Solrock
This Solrock is gonna let you finish, but it knows that it's the greatest pokemon of ALL TIME. No other pokemon can match its coolness, strength, and general awesomeness. To show off its coolness, it must always wear Black Glasses. As a showcase for its general strength, it must possess the following moves:

Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

(To show its awesomeness, it must ALWAYS set up Stealth Rock in trainer battles, and it cannot use an attacking move without boosting its speed via Rock Polish.-omitted) It must also never be lower than 5 levels from the highest member of your party, because it's too awesome to be underleveled. Nickname: Soul-Glo

Ampharos lv 58, Jolly
Discharge, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave, Cotton Spore

Through the challenge, he has consistently been the middle man as it were. His offenses were meh, his speed was very meh and his defenses were eh. However, he still managed to be a fairly productive player, particularly in the E4 since he gained the right to use Discharge by soling Will's first Xatu and learning Signal Beam immediately after. Not sure how many cutemons he's soloed but by the end of the Scramble it will be well past twenty. After the E4 he was again fairly middling but he was a major part in the Lance battles due to his Static ability. Good Job Amphy.

Crobat lv 61, Serious @Muscle Band
Fly, Cross Poison, Roost

This. Thing. Was. A beast. Despite a bit of offensive let down, his bulk and typing made him a defensive tank with the Muscle Band boosting him further. Survived a Machamp Rock Slide while Flying and came down for the KO. Soloed Koga with mostly ease although Muk proved a bitch. Highlight was Forretress Exploding on my Flying Bat :naughty:. Post E4 he remained strong. his defensive abilities allowed him to 2HKo anything he felt like and his speed was a godsend against the higher levels. On the other hand, fuck Blaine, specifically his Magcargo.

Solrock lv 56, Careful @ Brightpowder
Stone Edge, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Rock Polish

The early game monster became a midgame fucktard became a great late game performer. Once he got Earthquake he was actually, you know, able to do something. Major props for almost sweeping Lance (lack of RS PP). No Blackglasses because i dont have a clue where they are. Unfortunately, post-E4 he saw very little use. He just couldn't hit hard enough against anything and he couldn't tank hits due to level defeciencies. Good early game, not so good later on.

Mantine lv 61, Gentle
Surf, Ice Beam, Aqua Ring, Bounce @Quick Claw

LOVE THIS FUCK. Despite major offensive issues, once he got caught up to speed he was a fucking tank. Fuck. Tbh, I accidentally had Confuse Ray in Aqua Rings spot until I realized it was banned and replaced it with Sleep Talk for Karen insurance. Only actually used it once while grinding as a Golbat was pissing me off. Speaking of Karen, what and annoying douche. Umbreon with DT stall, Murkrow with WW, Gar with Destiny Bond, Doom with Crunch and Vileplume with Stun Spore. What an annoying fuck. Mantine now has to solo on of Red's mons because of some crithax. Oh my god this thing is amazing. The only reason I was able to beat Lance and Clair and Lance, he took on Lances Dragonite and Clairs Kingdra at the same time and completely destroyed them. Also raped Lance outside of Garchomp. Easy MVP.

Nidoking lv 53, Lonely, Amulet Coin
Surf, Strength, Cut, Rock Climb
Thanks to HMs not dying and the fact that I had to teach it Whirlpool at one point plus a bit of luck gave me a pretty good moveset. He didn't really do much outside of grinding but he was usually a solid choice espescially after he got Earth Power. Unfortunately he ended up being the MVP due the necessity of him being an HM slave. Couldn't even take an Iron Tail from Pikachu. Meh.

Sceptile lv 57, Naughty @Miracle Seed
Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Return, Dragon Pulse

Frankly he was always a powerhouse thanks to some breeding adroitness although his frailty let him down a bit later on. Always a strong performer, Highlight being taking out Clair's Kingdra with a Leaf Storm. Although he lost all of his bulk as the opposing level went up he was still able to outspeed everything and thus get some crucial revenge kills. Good show.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Early Update on my Mystery Dungeon Scramble. Just cleared Mt. Steel with Leader the Squirtle at Lv10 & Chocapic the Pikachu at Lv11. Skarmory went down pretty easily.
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask both auramaster & Texas Cloverleaf to give me a different challenge, reason being that I can't get their respective friend areas before Rayquaza... :(
I'll update the OP with the "Final List" of Pokemon recruitable pre-Rayquaza shortly. EDIT: Updated.

DOUBLE EDIT: Updated with Texas' new challenge.

@auramaster: your partner must be cyndaquil. Cynidaquil must eat at least one of each kind of gummy. He cannot eat more than 2 apples in a dungeon untill he has eatan one kind of gummy. He cannot use the shove against boss pokemon untill he has eaten 2 kinds of gummies. You cannot use the bank or item storage untill he has eaten 5 kinds of gummies. He canot train in Makuhita's training dojo untill he has eaten 7 kinds of gummies. He cannot use TMs untill he has eaten 10 kinds of gummies. He cannot evolve untill eating every kind of gummy.

@auramaster Your starter is Meowth. Meowth must KO every boss with Scratch. If you fail, you must restart the entire dungeon with out any reviver seed. You can use reviver seeds in dungeons with out a boss (if you feel like it). For an added challenge, you can't go up or down stairs unless Meowth's Hp is full and you can't use any recovery item on him.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thank you auramaster. Good luck on your Scramble!

Final Pokemon...

• Me: Squirtle (Leader): May only use moves Ash's Squirtle knew, which were Water Gun, Skull Bash, Tackle, Bubblebeam, Withdraw, Hydro Pump, Bubble & Rapid Spin. Team must be named SqrtlSquad (Aditya8081)
  • Partner: Pikachu (Chocapic): Must know & keep Quick Attack & Thunderbolt. Must be fed 5 Yellow Gummis (zdrup15)
  • Spearow: Must have the "Lets go Together" Tactic. At all times, it must either have Exclusive move-user active and only one move picked, or exclusive move-user turned off and no moves set. (auramaster)
  • Phanpy: Must be fed every Gummi in the game except the 5 given to Pikachu (Texas Cloverleaf)
Already cleared up to Mt. Steel. Keep your eyes peeled for Part 2, which will most likely be posted once I've cleared Mt. Freeze. Thank you to all that gave me a challenge.

@Evil X, waiting for Meowth's HP to restore itself after every floor falls under drudgery. The rest of your challenge, including no healing items, looks great. Do you want to add something else to replace the stairs restriction?

I'm scrapping my Leafgreen challenge for one reason, and one reason only. I just don't really like Kanto anymore... No bashing, please. (By the way, it was, like, 80 pages back or something lol)

And also, since I'm in the mood, I'll do a Pokemon TCG Mono-Psychic Ruby Scramble Challenge! What's this mean? Allow me to explain, and basic rules.
1. Beyond a starter so I can get started, only pokemon that are Psychic typed in the TCG game (Ghost, Psychic, and Poison are the three.)
2. I have a right to decline challenges that aren't good/fun.
3. Since I am doing this, and obviously no Psychic starter(Sceptile's only grass), I will need a starter for a 7th pokemon. I will abandon this starter after Wattson, since I despise his steel types (They have resistance to Psychic in the TCG, and all pokemon in the group for VG).
4. Since I know there's not THAT many of them to choose from in-game, I will be able to trade from my completed Sapphire game, and my Emerald game. Firered and Leafgreen, not so much. I also have Collosseum bonus disc to get Jirachi from.
5. I'm not a speed gamer. I have things that I do during the day, so I'm not going to rush through it like a Tauros herd. So, don't expect updates day-to-day.
6. Finally, BE CREATIVE! I want to see some grand ideas here.

Anyway, yeah... Creative, please.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm in a good mood, I just won my ST7 matches for the round (am I the last Scrambler in the ST7?).

Take a Zubat. It cannot evolve into Crobat, but may evolve into Golbat.

No restrictions until you get to Mauville. Once you get to Mauville, play ONE round of roulette in the Game Corner. You may either bet on x3 odds, x4 odds, or x12 odds.

If you lose the one ball, you must solo three full Gym Leaders
If you win on x3, you must solo one full Gym Leader
If you win on x4, you must solo three Pokemon belonging to one Gym Leader
If you win on x12, you don't have to solo anything, and you may lift the restriction on evolution.

This could be your easiest challenge or your worst nightmare. Have fun.

@kirby, you get a meditite named "peace man". Hey man, this meditite don't like fighting, so it can only have 1 attack at a time, it must also keep calm mind because it's so calm dude. But, whoa man, once it evolves it aint calm at all, infact, it becomes a fighting machine and must have 4 attacks ASAP. But thats not all man, this meditite is also paranoid, it thinks the big pharmaceutical companies are trying to kill us so the only medicine items it will use are berries and herbs.
Peace out bro.

Sorry for the delay, exams are coming up so I've been cramming like mad.

Currently in front of clair, all pokes lv.38 except Bonza (The EPIC Australian Kangashkhan) who is lv. 41.

Expect an update maybe thursday? :)

@loudkirbyking (Kirby is awesome): You get "Incnsstent" the Abra. It can only learn moves that are physical is Gen4, but Special in Gen3, with with exception of the move Psychic (that means NO status moves :p). It must solo 3 rooms of Norman's gym to evolve, and then solo Liza and Tate's Gym to evolve again (you don't need to solo the leader themselves).

Good Luck, have fun, and watch out for Shadow Ball users at Norman's Gym! (I know their there due to using Shedinja ingame once... *shudder*)

EDIT: Nice try, but I'm pretty sure Jirachi counts and a legendary Pokemon, which is banned in Scramble Challenges. Just saying ;p.

You get a Gulpin. Add all the digits in your trainer ID. 1=a, 2=b, 3=c...27=a, 28=b etc. Take that letter and find a type that starts with that letter. If one doesn't exist go the next one in alphabetical order and so on. If their is an E4 member or gym leader for that type, you must solo that gym leader/E4 member. if there is not, you must solo 20 trained pokemon of that type. (Ex: Trainer ID=26896, Total=31, Letter=E, Type=Electric, Challenge=solo electric gym) If there are two possible types, then you get to choose which type. If you choose to evolve Gulpin he can only use moves that he learns from TMs or HM and his STAB.

@lkk: Take Topher the Baltoy. It cannot learn Earthquake and must solo Winona. (If Winona is taken by either lolcat or FB's challenges, pick the leader you solo.)

Take Girlia the Ralts. It must evolve into Kirlia as soon as possible. Girlia is very girly. She must be next to a male pokemon in your party at all times. Additionally, whenever you enter a double battle, Girlia, for fear of embarrassing herself in front of all the good looking guys, cannot participate. Girlia does not realize that being girly is for low leveled pokemon until she wins a super rank tough contest. When Girlia finally evolves into a Gardevoir, she wants to prove herself to all the other men. Therefore, from then on, she must be the highest level pokemon in your party at all times. Good luck!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
PMD Red Rescue Team Scramble Update

Updating my PMD Red Rescue Team Scramble.
  • Me: Squirtle (Leader): May only use moves Ash's Squirtle knew, which were Water Gun, Skull Bash, Tackle, Bubblebeam, Withdraw, Hydro Pump, Bubble & Rapid Spin. Team must be named SqrtlSquad (Aditya8081)
  • Partner: Pikachu (Chocapic): Must know & keep Quick Attack & Thunderbolt. Must be fed 5 Yellow Gummis (zdrup15)
  • Spearow: Must have the "Lets go Together" Tactic. At all times, it must either have Exclusive move-user active and only one move picked, or exclusive move-user turned off and no moves set. (auramaster)
  • Phanpy: Must be fed every Gummi in the game except the 5 given to Pikachu (Texas Cloverleaf)

• Started as Leader the Squirtle & with Chocapic the Pikachu as my Partner.
  • Blitzed through Tiny Woods & Thunderwave Cave with ease.
  • Cleared Mt. Steel after a tough ascent followed by an easy battle against Skarmory.
  • Got Friend Areas & recruited Tengabot the Magnemite.
  • During the rescue part, went up to Bronze Rank, also recruited Iceberg the Spearow, Racoon the Zigzagoon, Boom! the Voltorb, & Rock Pile the Geodude, Iceberg being a Scramblemon.
  • Cleared Sinister Woods after a tough battle with Team Meanies, where Iceberg used up a Reviver Seed, & Medicham acted like an arse, spamming Detect.
  • Now about to do Silent Chasm.

Leader the Squirtle @ Nothing
Lv:13/50HP/21ATK/23DEF/20SATK/23SDEF
-Tackle
-Bubble
-Withdraw
-Water Gun

Chocapic the Pikachu @ Nothing
Lv:13/49HP/24ATK/22DEF/24SATK/22SDEF
-Thundershock
-Growl
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

Iceberg the Spearow @ Nothing
Lv:10/37HP/22ATK/14DEF/24SATK/14SDEF
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer

That's all. Auramaster still needs 3 more for his PMD Blue Rescue team Scramble.

That's six. Big challenges, so... meh, whatever.

I'm in a good mood, I just won my ST7 matches for the round (am I the last Scrambler in the ST7?).

Take a Zubat. It cannot evolve into Crobat, but may evolve into Golbat.

No restrictions until you get to Mauville. Once you get to Mauville, play ONE round of roulette in the Game Corner. You may either bet on x3 odds, x4 odds, or x12 odds.

If you lose the one ball, you must solo three full Gym Leaders
If you win on x3, you must solo one full Gym Leader
If you win on x4, you must solo three Pokemon belonging to one Gym Leader
If you win on x12, you don't have to solo anything, and you may lift the restriction on evolution.

This could be your easiest challenge or your worst nightmare. Have fun.
Geez, had a Golbat in LG challenge... It's actually pretty good, so I'm looking forward to it *insert skipping Brawly here*. Though my luck is horrible.
@kirby, you get a meditite named "peace man". Hey man, this meditite don't like fighting, so it can only have 1 attack at a time, it must also keep calm mind because it's so calm dude. But, whoa man, once it evolves it aint calm at all, infact, it becomes a fighting machine and must have 4 attacks ASAP. But thats not all man, this meditite is also paranoid, it thinks the big pharmaceutical companies are trying to kill us so the only medicine items it will use are berries and herbs.
Peace out bro.
Potions are lame, man. Vegetarian meditites are the new craze, ya dig? (AKA, liked the creativity. I'll be looking forward to a potion-less pokemon.)
@loudkirbyking (Kirby is awesome): You get "Incnsstent" the Abra. It can only learn moves that are physical is Gen4, but Special in Gen3, with with exception of the move Psychic (that means NO status moves :p). It must solo 3 rooms of Norman's gym to evolve, and then solo Liza and Tate's Gym to evolve again (you don't need to solo the leader themselves).

Good Luck, have fun, and watch out for Shadow Ball users at Norman's Gym! (I know their there due to using Shedinja ingame once... *shudder*)

EDIT: Nice try, but I'm pretty sure Jirachi counts and a legendary Pokemon, which is banned in Scramble Challenges. Just saying ;p.
Um... Sounds like Psychic and the elemental punches, since I don't think anything else fits the bill... It'll be fun, though. Abra itself has epic special attack. Might not do Alakazam, since it might be hard to keep Gardy highest level if I do that. I dunno, I'll see how it goes when I get there.
You get a Gulpin. Add all the digits in your trainer ID. 1=a, 2=b, 3=c...27=a, 28=b etc. Take that letter and find a type that starts with that letter. If one doesn't exist go the next one in alphabetical order and so on. If their is an E4 member or gym leader for that type, you must solo that gym leader/E4 member. if there is not, you must solo 20 trained pokemon of that type. (Ex: Trainer ID=26896, Total=31, Letter=E, Type=Electric, Challenge=solo electric gym) If there are two possible types, then you get to choose which type. If you choose to evolve Gulpin he can only use moves that he learns from TMs or HM and his STAB.
Huh, never used Swalot before. Hope my trainer id is decent!
@lkk: Take Topher the Baltoy. It cannot learn Earthquake and must solo Winona. (If Winona is taken by either lolcat or FB's challenges, pick the leader you solo.)
Claydol's new too... If it's picked... um... I'll think of something.
Take Girlia the Ralts. It must evolve into Kirlia as soon as possible. Girlia is very girly. She must be next to a male pokemon in your party at all times. Additionally, whenever you enter a double battle, Girlia, for fear of embarrassing herself in front of all the good looking guys, cannot participate. Girlia does not realize that being girly is for low leveled pokemon until she wins a super rank tough contest. When Girlia finally evolves into a Gardevoir, she wants to prove herself to all the other men. Therefore, from then on, she must be the highest level pokemon in your party at all times. Good luck!
Gardevoir's one of my favorite pokemon. Condition seems interesting, but fun. The contest part might be interesting, and keeping her highest level should be easy, since first poke, and one of my faves. Shouldn't have to get into a double battle until after I get Zubat and Meditite... I think...

Eh, I'll go on and start without a starter. By Wattson, I'll have 5 pokemon, so I'll be good. Probably just grab Treeko to start, so my psychics can blast away at Blaziken *smile*

Also, for Auramaster, since nobody's giving you stuff, take a Scyther. It cannot use Agility, and must keep Slash, and Leer. The other two moves must be attacking, and must be contact moves. Nickname it "Knight".

I really wanna try this.

I wanna do a PMD Scramble. However, I dunno whether I want to do it on Red Rescue Team or Explorers of Darkness. Should I do Red Rescue Team and race Random or no?

NOW an epidemic of Mystery Dungeon Scrambles has begun. I still need 2 more Pokemon, already have both me and my partner, so I'll start as soon as I finish this post.

@Kid Kadabra, I'm playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Blue Rescue Team.

@chocolate-kipp, tough choice. I think, I've never played Darkness. Racing could be a problem with school starting.

I'd probably be at an advantage and disadvantage for the race: Homeschooled, so I have more time, but I procrastinate all the time (hence my three unfinished Scrambles). >_> Think I'll go with Red Rescue Team though. Or maybe both.

Reserved for auramaster!

EDIT: What do you have so far, by the way?

@chocolate-kipp, I have 3 unfinished Scrambles and I'm homeschooled O_o My team so far is Meowth, Cyndaquil, Scyther, and Gligar.

EDIT: Anyone want to pick my team name? It can only be 10 characters or shorter, sorry Kadabra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)