Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok about to go into Dark Cave or whatever it's called. Bet Lt. Surge easily with even taking damage from memory.

Challenges:
1. Killah/Weedle - No non-attacking moves. Beat Rival's fire type once. Participate in battle against Blaine.
2. Spiralz/Charmander - Learn Fire Spin before Champion and use it to finish his last Pokemon.
3. Game Over/Nidoran M - No poison moves. Solo Misty to evolve. Evolve to Nidoking straight after. Lead in all E4 battles, if faints, restart E4.
4. Star/Staryu - Evolve by soloing a gym (not Brock or Blaine). Only learn STAB and ice beam.
5. Venonat - Must solo Giovanni at Silph Co.
6. Fairy/Clefairy - Evolve at lv.48. Must teach it every new move and get rid of the oldest.

Charmeleon - Spiralz - lv.25
71 - 42 - 40 - 50 - 45
Ember - Scratch - Growl - Rage

Beedrill - Killah - lv.27
83 - 60 - 32 - 51 - 36
Twineedle - Poison Sting - Fury Attack - Rage

Clefairy - Fairy - lv.26
76 - 38 - 33 - 27 - 45
Minimize - Pound - Sing - Doubleslap

Nidoking - GAME OVER - lv.28
94 - 69 - 53 - 65 - 54
Body Slam - Horn Attack - Thunderbolt - Focus Energy

Anyone here got msn that goes on it often? I never have anyone to talk about Pokemon with :/

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Warm Up Solo Run Update #6

Penultimate update to this run. Just the E4 now!

The Initial Post
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5

Maniac (Male Mismagius) @ Nothing
Lv:83/Calm/Levitate
-Payback
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
Restriction: Misdreavus (Maniac): Must always have four moves of different types. Before the E4, must have learned moves of 10 different types. Battle at least one Pokemon of different types to evolve (Fire Blast)
Types of Moves Learned: Normal, Flying, Psychic, Electric, Ghost, Dark
Types of Pokemon Beaten: All 17 types.
  • Started at Pastoria City, fresh from Mt. Coronet & ready to go to Sunyshore City.
  • Arrived at Sunyshore & beat the local Gym Leader despite some difficulties with Pokemon surviving attacks.
  • Then went up Route 223 on the way to Victory Road.
  • Blitzed through Victory Road without losing a single HP. The only Pokemon to not be OHKOed was unsurprisingly Blissey (Fat Pink Bitch), but she wasted her time trying to put Maniac to sleep.
  • Then beat my Rival for the final time, only Snorlax was a problem spamming Rest, luckily Maniac could 3HKO with Thunderbolt...And as such, I beat all my Rival encounters without losing a single HP.
  • At the Pokemon League at the moment. I have to teach him moves of 4 different types before I can go inside...

That's all for the update. Just the E4 to go. Final update should come later. Good Luck me for the E4...After fulfilling the 10 types of moves restriction. The solo run is almost finished...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Sorry for the double post, but the final Round of SPL 2 is up in the group! See who you're up against & make some predictions!

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Assassin has all the Pokémon needed for the Sapphire Scramble.

As for me, about to get Black Version on Sunday (I live in Texas, not Europe), get the Oshawott I need to solo through. Trouble would await by Striaton by which I would have to grind Shelly for Cilan's Pansage (no, my own Pansear, in fact anyone else, can't help Shelly) and the Nimbasa Gym (with all the Emolga and zebras) and of course, no special moves other than Water Gun and Surf, the restriction imposed for the Solo Scramble.

Assassin has all the Pokémon needed for the Sapphire Scramble.

As for me, about to get Black Version on Sunday (I live in Texas, not Europe), get the Oshawott I need to solo through. Trouble would await by Striaton by which I would have to grind Shelly for Cilan's Pansage (no, my own Pansear, in fact anyone else, can't help Shelly) and the Nimbasa Gym (with all the Emolga and zebras) and of course, no special moves other than Water Gun and Surf, the restriction imposed for the Solo Scramble.
That sounds like a pain. I'm going to just do a nuzlocke run of Black first. Although I feel like doing a solo :/

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Pearl Warm Up Solo Run Update #FINAL!

I should honestly save this for my 1k, but meh...Why not, I have nothing planned for it anyways...Here's the last update.

The Initial Post
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6

Lv:90/Calm/Levitate
240 HP/142 ATK/131 DEF/218 SPATK/248 SPDEF/229 SPD
-Magical Leaf
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
Restriction: Misdreavus (Maniac): Must always have four moves of different types. Before the E4, must have learned moves of 10 different types. Battle at least one Pokemon of different types to evolve (Fire Blast)
Types of Moves Learned: Normal, Flying, Psychic, Electric, Ghost, Dark, Poison, Fire, Water & Grass (10 Types)
  • Started at the Pokemon League.
  • Went Underground & got a Heart Scale on the first wall!
  • Replaced Payback with Toxic, Sunny Day, Rain Dance & Magical Leaf, fulfilling the 10 Move Type restriction.
  • Raised Maniac to Lv84, then used all my Rare Candies (Three) to get him to Lv87.
  • Went into the Elite Four! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring X-Specials...X_X
  • Beat Aaron fairly easily, only Drapion didn't get OHKOed, but he wasted his time using Cross Poison...
  • Beat Bertha easily too, only Hippowdon didn't get OHKOed, but it didn't do much in Return.
  • Beat Flint after a scare; Maniac Thunderbolted Lopunny, but it survived & it used Mirror Coat...Luckily, Maniac survived with just 9HP remaining...Whew! A Close Shave...I subsequently healed Maniac up & finished him off.
  • Beat Lucian, despite struggling against Bronzong (coughcoughcalmmindcoughcough). Nevertheless, Lucian did put up a fight, but fell in the end.
  • And Cynthia put up a challenge too, but ultimately fell. Spiritomb was cleanly 2HKOed by Shadow Ball, Roserade was OHKOed by Psychic, Gastrodon found Magical Leaf too much of a handful, Garchomp did some decent damage with Dragon Rush, but a lucky Sp. Defence drop put him into oblivion. Lucario didn't do much, & I had some nervous moments against Milotic. Paranoid of Mirror Coat, I used Psychic twice to drop her to a level where Thunderbolt could finish her off, luckily she didn't use the move & I finished her & Cynthia off with a Thunderbolt which critted, but it didn't really matter. The solo run had been won.
  • The End.

Total Game Time: 12:51
Total Number of Blackouts: 0
Exp. Points garnered throughout the run: 565,332 Exp. points.

LVP: The various HM Slaves used, which will be honoured in no particular order: Derp... the Bidoof, Bird the Starly, Rock Pile the Geodude, & HM Whore the Bibarel. No, wait, There are some Pokemon that were even less valuable than them, in no particular order: Headache the Abra, Happy the Happiny, Luke the Riolu, & Aikurap the Palkia...Oh, almost forgot, the Starter: Karakey the Chimchar. =P

MVP: Maniac the Misdreavus/Mismagius: The solo runee. Enough Said. Thank you Fire Blast for this wonderful Pokemon. :)

So, what's next? Another Solo Run for Pearl, but this time, a Hard edition. The Challenge giver: Texas Cloverleaf. The Pokemon: Turtwig. Stay tuned for that, & I do hope you enjoyed the exciting conclusion to this Scramble. :)

I should honestly save this for my 1k, but meh...Why not, I have nothing planned for it anyways...Here's the last update.

The Initial Post
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6

Lv:90/Calm/Levitate
240 HP/142 ATK/131 DEF/218 SPATK/248 SPDEF/229 SPD
-Magical Leaf
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
Types of Moves Learned: Normal, Flying, Psychic, Electric, Ghost, Dark, Poison, Fire, Water & Grass (10 Types)
  • Started at the Pokemon League.
  • Went Underground & got a Heart Scale on the first wall!
  • Replaced Payback with Toxic, Sunny Day, Rain Dance & Magical Leaf, fulfilling the 10 Move Type restriction.
  • Raised Maniac to Lv84, then used all my Rare Candies (Three) to get him to Lv87.
  • Went into the Elite Four! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring X-Specials...X_X
  • Beat Aaron fairly easily, only Drapion didn't get OHKOed, but he wasted his time using Cross Poison...
  • Beat Bertha easily too, only Hippowdon didn't get OHKOed, but it didn't do much in Return.
  • Beat Flint after a scare; Maniac Thunderbolted Lopunny, but it survived & it used Mirror Coat...Luckily, Maniac survived with just 9HP remaining...Whew! A Close Shave...I subsequently healed Maniac up & finished him off.
  • Beat Lucian, despite struggling against Bronzong (coughcoughcalmmindcoughcough). Nevertheless, Lucian did put up a fight, but fell in the end.
  • And Cynthia put up a challenge too, but ultimately fell. Spiritomb was cleanly 2HKOed by Shadow Ball, Roserade was OHKOed by Psychic, Gastrodon found Magical Leaf too much of a handful, Garchomp did some decent damage with Dragon Rush, but a lucky Sp. Defence drop put him into oblivion. Lucario didn't do much, & I had some nervous moments against Milotic. Paranoid of Mirror Coat, I used Psychic twice to drop her to a level where Thunderbolt could finish her off, luckily she didn't use the move & I finished her & Cynthia off with a Thunderbolt which critted, but it didn't really matter. The solo run had been won.
  • The End.

Total Game Time: 12:51
Total Number of Blackouts: 0
Exp. Points garnered throughout the run: 565,332 Exp. points.

LVP: The various HM Slaves used, which will be honoured in no particular order: Derp... the Bidoof, Bird the Starly, Rock Pile the Geodude, & HM Whore the Bibarel. No, wait, There are some Pokemon that were even less valuable than them, in no particular order: Headache the Abra, Happy the Happiny, Luke the Riolu, & Aikurap the Palkia...Oh, almost forgot, the Starter: Karakey the Chimchar. =P

MVP: Maniac the Misdreavus/Mismagius: The solo runee. Enough Said. Thank you Fire Blast for this wonderful Pokemon. :)

So, what's next? Another Solo Run for Pearl, but this time, a Hard edition. The Challenge giver: Texas Cloverleaf. The Pokemon: Turtwig. Stay tuned for that, & I do hope you enjoyed the exciting conclusion to this Scramble. :)
Turtwig, great choice and nice to see that you finished!
You have inspired me to do a solo run on Fire Red. Someone please pick the pokemon for me and someone else the restriction (not too hard). Pokemon must be in the Kanto dex, I will gameshark the Pokemon anyway but can't be from the national dex.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Reserving for ObsidianRanger's mankey restriction. Will edit within 20 minutes

Edit: The combined base power of all of Mankey's moves must be within the limits depending on what gym you're at.
Start to Brock: Less than 60
Brock to Misty: Less than 90
Misty to Lt.Surge: Less than 140
Lt. Surge to Erika: Less than 180
Erika to Sabrina: Less than 210
Sabrina to Koga: Less than 240
Koga to Blaine: Less than 260
Blaine to Giovanni: Less than 275
Giovanni to E4: Less than 300

This should provide for a sufficient challenge.

Interesting... will start now... I shall start with charmander as Blastoise will be the easiest to beat with a mankey. Should be able to updates quite often hopefully.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Random, I have the perfect challenge for a HArd version solo. In my Platinum Payback Scramble, there is a Turtwig. It must always know Leech Seed, Synthesis and Substitute. Its final move is reliant on its nature. Have fun if you get a +Def one.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, yeah double post. Im on my phone so w/e.

Anyway, I just realized a problem that will come for my Platinum Payback Scramble. That problem is that I absolutely refuse to breed for half Gligars moveset (Agility and Baton Pass). So I need someone to look at my Platinum Payback Scramble.

Now if you`l excuse me I have to go kill a spider.

Id love to do this, Ill do it for Blue version.
Since its my first I dont want one too dificult but I dont one thats too easy, so medium is what im looking for

@dragonbreath how about you take a staraptor. always needs to have at least one status move name it Starbird

@Mr.Pooh take a squirtle, if it's gonna use any attacking moves they have to be STAB

@Dragonbreath, since you said to give you anything I take it you can trade so trade in a trapinch and name it "RandomSolo". The only dragon type move it can learn is dragon breath, that is the only restriction, have fun against candice ;)
Good luck.
EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Gah, this'll annoy both me and you (Dark Ray and blamon123) but I'm going to make an edit to my rules. I'd like something a bit more elaborate, rather than just limiting the moves. Sorry :(
But I can trade, yes!

@Mr.Pooh31, you get a caterpie named "BlueBoy". The only restrictions are that it can only have 1 status move at a time and it must solo 1 gym leader other than erika.
Good luck.

Also, reminder for everyone that this is your last chance to nominate something for the scramble awards in the group, we only have 2 noms for "Most Creative" and "Most Difficult" challanges ATM.

Mr. Pooh: "Game Over" the Nidoran-m may never learn Poison-type moves, and must solo Misty to become Nidorino. As soon as it evolves, you have to find a Moon Stone and evolve it as soon as you get it (if you doon't already have one). As Nidoking it must never faint against the Elite Four; if he faints, you must start the E4 over.

DragonBreath: Take a Drifloon named "Goodyear". Then roll a six-sided die. Your challenge depends on your roll.

1: Solo 100 Trainer Pokemon after Hearthome; solo Fantina to evolve
2: Never learn Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, or Air Cutter; solo Candice to evolve
3: Never use items on it; Solo 75 Trainer Pokemon that are at the same level or higher to evolve
4: May only know attacking moves; Solo Cyrus at Spear Pillar to evolve
5: May only know status moves; reach Lv. 50 to evolve
6: Must always be highest-leveled party member; solo Gardenia and either Wake or Maylene to evolve

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy lately...
The Challenges…
1) Samurai 796, Start with Silence the Totodile. This Totodile does not like speaking at all, therefore you must SR for a Quiet nature & it may never use any moves that require the use of its mouth. Such moves include Water Gun, Bite, Ice Fang, Crunch, Screech, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, Roar, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Hydro Cannon, Icy Wind, Snore, & Uproar. –Its_A_Random
2) @Samurai 796, trade over a pikachu named "MB Sucks!". It may never evolve, it may never hold a light ball and the only non-stab move it can use is brick break (teach it brick break before you trade it or trade over the tm if you want it). The last requirement depends on whether or not this is a scramblocke (scramble+nuzlocke, I ask because you put HG nuzlocke in the rules), if it is you have no other restrictions, but if it isn't solo chuck and any kanto gym leader. –Dark Ray
3) @samurai you get ANDROID17 the Koffing. Android 17 was made by Dr. Gero but soon lived a life of destruction after finding that emotions are a waste. So After you catch it it must know 3 attacking moves as soon as possible (Selfdestruct being one of them) and must fight in every gym. Later, his sister 18 falls in love with krillin so at level 30 it starts living a life of peace so delete selfdestruct and one more attacking move and it can't fight in any major battles anymore.but then it gets controlled by the evil Dr.Gero and Dr.Myuu using Hell's 17. By level 40 (must be after 7th gym) Make it learn all attacking moves and evolve to weezing. –blamon123
4) @SAMURAI
I MEANT SAMURAI
Bring Bee the female Sudowudo. She must solo any gym leader that Android17 does not participate for (e.g. Pryce would be easiest) and also solo Lieutenant Surge. She may never use the same move twice in a row and she may not have more than one move of any one type. –Vratix
5) 2. Take a Dratini that cannot learn Superpower, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Roost, Thunderbolt, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Extremespeed, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Waterfall, or Fire Punch and solo two consecutive Gym Leader Pokemon without items that are at least ten levels higher than it.-DetroitLolcat
5) @Samurai
You get BlackOps the Spinarak.
As his name implies, he loves to play Call of Duty, and is convinced that he is a soldier. He stays up all night playing the game, and is an Insomniac. He is obsessed with the guns he kills imaginary people with. As such, he can only use "shooting" moves, as well as "black" moves, since he's rugged and loves the dark.
To evolve he must solo Morty using only Shadow Sneak and/or Sucker Punch.
To be able to use any moves, he must solo all of Karen's Pokemon except her Houndoom.
Here's a list of the moves he can use:
Poison Sting, String Shot, Leech Life, Night Shade, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Pin Missile, Dig (hey, it's dark down in those holes), Sludge Bomb, Thief. -Skwog

What’s Happened So Far…
Radio Tower: The Radio Tower saga went off without a hitch for me. In fact, screwing around with my Rocket costume helped me immensely later on. I got my costume, and then I tried to talk to everyone in town. Therefore, I went into the Department Store. Inside, I talked to everyone and then I got to the top. Then I figured I would play the Prize drawing till I go the TM. I then got it and realized it was TM02 Dragon Claw. If you saw my face, I was so happy because that would make up for my lack of Ice moves on Silence.
All other battles went well. No one person in particular was a nuisance. I was just soloing everyone with ANDROID17 though because Lvl. 40 was a high goal to reach. Petrel was easy, Rival was easy, Proton was easy, Arianna was easy, and Archer was easy too.
8th Gym: I went right of Mahogany, and then got ANDROID17 to evolve. Ice path wasn’t anything too difficult either. Then it was time for Clair. Clair proved for the greatest fight I had had so far. First, MB Sucks! had to kill off Gyrados. Then a Dragonair came in. Silence with his Dragon Claw took care of that. Then the Kingdra was sent into the fray. There was only one way I could take this thing out. First, switch into BlackOps. Then switch into Bee as fodder. Finally, into ANDROID17 to use Explosion, 1HKO it, and get BlackOps the Exp. Second Dragonair fell just like the first.
Dragon’s Den wasn’t anything tough. Just had to catch a new HM slave for Whirlpool. Then it was easy going, and the Dragon Fang might be good for Slayer soon. Now I think I fight them pesky Kimono girls. Bring it!

And The Team…
Bee the Sudowoodo (F) @ Hard Stone
Lvl. 32/Timid/Rock Head
-Flail
-Low Kick
-Rock Throw
-Faint Attack
Comments: Bee, Bee, Bee… Where to begin? She is about to get Rock Slide, and then in Victory Road, Earthquake, so her future looks bright. The present? Very, very dark. I just don’t like the challenge as I’ve said before. Current LVP.

MB Sucks! the Pikachu (F) @ Shell Bell
Lvl. 36/Impish/Static
-Thunderbolt
-Charge Beam
-Brick Break
-Thunder Wave
Comments: Hey you Pikachu! You suck! MB Sucks! couldn’t even take out Clair’s Gyrados in one hit and then made me soft reset a fair bit. I said it before, and I’ll say it again, MB Sucks! SUCKS!

BlackOps the Ariados (M) @ Quick Claw
Lvl. 35/Hasty/Insomnia
-Sludge Bomb
-Leech Life
-Shadow Sneak
-Sucker Punch
Comments: BlackOps has impressed me lately. He has been able to hold his own again a variety of opponents lately, and I am happy to have a priority user on the team. Sucker Punch and Sludge Bomb combo has been working well and BlackOps has been showing his stuff.
Slayer the Dragonair (F) @ Silk Scarf
Lvl. 35/Careful/Shed Skin
-Headbutt
-Thunder
-Dragon Rage
-Aqua Tail
Comments: I have to admit, Slayer has been falling behind in usage. I want a good Dragon move and I will get that in two levels I believe. Slayer is still powerful and has decent type coverage, but she needs some improvement.

Silence the Feraligatr (M) @ Mystic Water
Lvl. 35/Quiet/Torrent
-Dig
-Shadow Claw
-Dragon Claw
-Surf
Comments: Silence, I thank you immensely. You were one of the few reasons I managed to beat Clair. How I got Dragon Claw amuses me, but I am so thankful for getting it to make up for no Ice Fang. However, just because of my MVP’s sheer power you did fall behind slightly, it’s not your fault though.

ANDROID17 the Weezing (M) @ Charcoal
Lvl. 40/Relaxed/Levitate
-Gyro Ball
-Sludge
-Explosion
-Flamethrower
Comments: I said I would get him to Lvl. 40 and I kept my word. He got strong fast. Explosion also helped tremendously, and if I didn’t have ANDROID17, Clair would have been a nightmare. I’d hug you, but then you would kill me from stench. Oh well. Current MVP.

@Mr Pooh
Take a Jigglypuff. Name it LaPuff. It is French and loves Cream Puffs and other pasteries of the sort. As a result, it can't use moves requiring tackling as it it self-consious of its weight. Banned Moves are Body Slam, Double-Edge, Take Down, Submission, and Bide.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Mr Pooh gets Queen Adin the Nidoqueen. It must be the highest leveled Pokemon on your team at all times & it must know all TM Moves as of Celadon City onwards. Have it solo a combined total of 15 Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon from the moment you get it.

Have fun.

Texas, because your Platinum challenges you've issued are few & far between, it is pretty hard to find a replacement challenge...

Mr. Pooh: "Game Over" the Nidoran-m may never learn Poison-type moves, and must solo Misty to become Nidorino. As soon as it evolves, you have to find a Moon Stone and evolve it as soon as you get it (if you doon't already have one). As Nidoking it must never faint against the Elite Four; if he faints, you must start the E4 over.

DragonBreath: Take a Drifloon named "Goodyear". Then roll a six-sided die. Your challenge depends on your roll.

1: Solo 100 Trainer Pokemon after Hearthome; solo Fantina to evolve
2: Never learn Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, or Air Cutter; solo Candice to evolve
3: Never use items on it; Solo 75 Trainer Pokemon that are at the same level or higher to evolve
4: May only know attacking moves; Solo Cyrus at Spear Pillar to evolve
5: May only know status moves; reach Lv. 50 to evolve
6: Must always be highest-leveled party member; solo Gardenia and either Wake or Maylene to evolve
I'd like to do this. However, my Scramble is a Solo challenge, meaning I will only use Drifloon, and so 5 and 6 don't make sense. Could you please change it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)