Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weldar, you get a Smeargle. Put them to be caught in Mt Moon. Yours must be female, and name it Gaia. Gaia may only learn moves with names that are natural phenomena.

I can edit just about anything but sprites actually (It's possible but it's not something I know how to do). Typing, Base stats, Moveset, Gender Ratio, Egg group, Name, Dex Entry, how and what it evolves into just about anything really. However any changes made to a pokemon apply across the board so they'll affect wild pokemon and other trainer's pokemon not just mine (though this being FireRed no-one will have Gen 2 or 3 mons till after the E4). Oh and also when editing level up movesets, I can't increase the total number of moves a pokemon learns. So for every new move added an old move would have to be taken out, no restriction on the amount of TM and HM moves it can learn though.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you auramaster, Lightwind & everyone else for the challenges, here's my final team...
  • Shedinja: May never be the lowest leveled member on my team (Iggdrasil)
  • Swellow (Swellowned): Evolve before Rival Battle on Route 110, must know & keep Protect Facade & Aerial Ace/Fly, solo Brawly, & Sidney's Shiftry & Cacturne (Pika25)
  • Aron: If it has a Neutral, +Attack or +Defence nature, then it must know all physical moves, otherwise, it must know all Special moves (Samurai 796)
  • Zubat (Flapper): Can never hold a Cheri Berry, can never get paralysed, or it must solo a Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon for every time it gets paralysed, & it must also switch out of the battle it gets paralysed & not be used for the remainder of the battle. It may not evolve past Golbat until it solos Wattson's Voltorb (Dark Ray)
  • Dusclops (1EyedGhost): Must know one of the following before the E4:
    Curse/Confuse Ray/Future Sight/Shadow Punch
    Confuse Ray/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Earthquake
    Protect/Curse/Confuse Ray/Shadow Punch
    Ice Beam/Rock Slide/Shadow Ball/Earthquake
    Must solo Phoebe, level cannot exceed Lowest Leveled Member+5 (auramaster)
  • Treecko (Doug): Moves that make Physical Contact only, solo Trainers until you win a total of $3000 Pokedollars to evolve, & an extra $17000 to evolve again (Lightwind)

The lack of a surfer sucks, but meh. I'm queuing the challenge for the future. Also, expect an update to Heart Gold shortly.

Weldar, take a (Possibly Shiny) Beldum, as a starter. Name it Reckless. It must know & keep Take Down & use it to solo Brock A gym leader of your choice. To evolve, it must solo 25 trainers with Take Down, & a further 65 to evolve again.

Have fun.

@ Cantab, I like it. Smeargle makes for fun with move restrictions. Here's to hoping there's something with an appropriate move for her somewhere in Mount Moon (hmm some Hikers could have Magnitude, would that count?)

@ Random, Sounds good (not gonna be shiny though, unless I get really lucky). Since you're choosing the starter would you like to choose my Rival's starter to go with it. If you don't I'll probably just give him the Charmander but here's a chance to make it something meaner (or nicer if you're so inclined).

@ Ironman, Alright. So where in the game should I find this Numel?

i will let you make a decision here...
if you want a really difficult challenge catch it before misty, if not catch it right after...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Ironman: True that (Hopes for an all special one).

@Weldar: Make your Rival's starter Porygon/Porygon2. Make the rest of his team Taillow/Swellow, Shedinja, Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry, Slugma/Macargo, & Chinchou/Lanturn. Just be sure when you start, you remove the check that prevents non-Kanto Pokemon from evolving pre-national dex. ;)
Other than that, enjoy your Scramble.

EDIT: Latest Heart Gold Scramble Update is up. This update covers Pewter City to cinnabar Island. Enjoy!

@Weldar:

You get Ypeels the Ekans. This Ekans must have a Relaxed nature (if you cause this to happen, otherwise just -Speed). Because this Ekans is so relaxed, it must always know Rest, and Glare at anyone that disturbs it's rest (must be used the first time it comes out in battle). In order to evolve it must be asleep while 5 enemy pokemon faint, including 1 gym leader pokemon.
Once evolved, it becomes hungry from it's time asleep. It's name will change from Ypeels to Yttaf, and it must know Stockpile/Swallow before the E4. It can forget rest/glare at this point. It must use stockpile at least once per E4 member.

Summary:
Ypeels the Ekans
Relaxed or -Speed nature
Must always know Rest and Glare
Must use Glare whenever it first comes into battle
Can only evolve if asleep while 5 pokemon faint, including a gym leaders
As an Arbok, names changes to Yttaf
Must know Stockpile/Swallow before the E4
Muse use stockpile at least once per E4 member.

If you want to change the evolution requirement (if you have no-one who can poison/leech seed or something) let me know.

@weldar
Start with an Eggxecute.
You must solo Surge to evolve however you must edit Surge's team to have only fully evolved electric pokemon (that are the same level as his actual pokemon) and at least one of them (preferably the pikachu that you should TOTALLY turn into an electabuzz) must have a fire attack that is stronger than ember.
Name him PoisnIsSux

@ Cantab, I like it. Smeargle makes for fun with move restrictions. Here's to hoping there's something with an appropriate move for her somewhere in Mount Moon (hmm some Hikers could have Magnitude, would that count?)
Technically, no - "Magnitude" is a term used in measurement of a natural phenomenon, not the phenomenon itself. (Similarly, you can have the other weather inducing moves, but you can't have Rain Dance, since the name of the move is a human action.)

Your rival's Pidgeotto in Cerulean has Gust, which is fine, but I'm not sure whether Smeargle will survive the hit to Sketch it.

@Weldar

You get an Absol. Catch it before Pokemon Tower. It must solo the entire Pokemon Tower, No healing. Also all moves must be Dark-type. Name it: Vakna

Have fun!

So meant to post this last night. Bleh.

@Weldar, I'm giving you LandShark, the Carvanha. LandShark was abandoned in Diglett's Cave as a baby, and has lived there ever since. Because he has been around Digletts and Dugtrios all his life, he believes he is a ground Pokemon. Therefore, you must treat him as such; if he is hit by a move super effective against ground (water, grass, or ice), he must switch out immediately. Also, he must have an entirely physical moveset, and must solo 10 gym trainers to evolve. Enjoy!

Weldar, I am giving you a Kanto Pokemon for your Fire Red "386-hack", and it's native to the area you meet it (in the real Fire Red anyway): a Pikachu from Viridian Forest. But since the Light Ball can never be obtained from Pikachu in the real Fire Red, go ahead and hack the Light Ball onto it. Once you capture it, nickname it AshsFriend. It is so fond of Ash's Pikachu that it carries all four of the attacks that Ash's Pikachu has used recently as of the time he reached Unova: Quick Attack / Thunderbolt / Iron Tail / Volt Tackle. (Provided you can hack Volt Tackle onto it, that is. If not, put Thunder in its place.) Also, it must solo a Gym Leader of your choice, but not one already assigned to someone else (like Misty by Numel); if you want intense mode, you may have it solo Brock without using Iron Tail. (Assuming you keep the type theme with the respective Gym Leaders even upon editing their teams.) Also, it must solo four Pokemon belonging to the E4 / Rival champion. At no point in its lifetime may it accept the Thunderstone to evolve into Raichu.

@Ranger Blue, Looks good. The evolution requirement should work out okay, Koga gives out a Toxic TM if I really need it

@Vratix, Surge is now all evolved and has an Electabuzz with Fire Punch, should be fun. Good thing Surge is the most easily bypassed gym leader should I be having trouble.

@cantab, Yeah thought it was a bit of a stretch. Gust was actually the first low leveled move that came to my mind for Gaia but I was thinking of within Mt Moon, I suppose I can try and avoid some of the trainers on the route to Mt Moon and come back with Smeargle (I seem to recall a few of them having Pidgeys who I hope will have gust)

@EEVEE3, Sounds good. Does the Dark restrction apply to just attacks or all kinds of moves, if the latter I may have to add Crunch to it's level up movepool so I can actually have 4 dark attacks

@Lightwind, I like it, though would you mind awfully much if I let him learn Bite just for a bit of variety (seriously why the hell was Dark a Special type pre split. All the pre-gen 4 dark attacks turned Physical after the split!)

@Pika25, Heh nice. Should he come with the Light Ball or have to earn it somehow? (I can hack it so either he's caught holding one or so I can buy it from a mart somewhere later on.)

Well I seem to have a team of 8 now, and I got a suggestion from a friend for this I really quite liked.
Vriska the female Clefairy, she has all the luck, all of it. She can only use Metronome (which I will hack to have 99 pp). To evolve she has to get lucky and knock out 10 pokemon with either a super effective attack or a critical hit. However any bad luck sets her back, every time she uses Selfdestruct, Explosion or Memento the required KOs increases by 5. She learns upon evolving Fly but can't use it in battle. She must score the killing blow on the Champion's final pokemon.

I'm thinking I might run with all 9, switching things around and seeing how it goes. I'll get started pretty soon then I suppose.

@Weldar

It only applies to its damaging moves.

On another note, Its time for another update for my Firered Scramble!

Sprout the Oddish: Must always know 2 TM moves and 2 Lv.Up moves.
Can't evolve to Vileplume till I have 5 badges.(Evolved)
MS. NIDO the Nidoqueen: Can only learn STAB and non-damaging moves. (Woot, Poison Ground Combo!!)
Variable Eevee: Evolution determined to be Flareon.
Must know Flamethrower, Substitute, Toxic, Tail Whip.
To get TMs from Game Corner. Must find coins on ground or be given them or win them from slots. If I run out, allowed to buy 50 Coins and start again.(Complete)
Must Solo 2 of Sabrina's Pokemon consecutively with no items. I'm then allowed to replace Tail Whip with whatever.(Complete)
Gold the Zubat: Must max out happiness to evolve to Golbat. As Zubat, cannot use Poison, Dark, or Ghost moves.
When it evolves, must learn Frustration, and 2 Poison, Dark or Ghost moves.
Solo Koga's Gym(Complete) and one of Lance's Dragonites.
Seadra the Seadra: Cannot learn: Hydro Pump, Surf, Blizzard, Smokescreen, or Mimic.
Must Solo Rival's Grass-type (Bulbasaur line) every time met.
Cannot fight Blaine.
No items in Battle.
Hammer Bro the Squirtle: Must learn Brick Break, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam, and Surf.(Complete)
Must Solo Blaine.(Complete)
After Blaine, replace Rapid Spin with Rest(Complete), and cannot attack until damage is taken.

After visiting Celadon to grab some coins, I went and Surfed to the Seafoam Islands.
Made it through with little trouble, and Surfed to Cinnabar.
After healing, went into the Pokemon Mansion.
Found the Secret Key in the basement and after healing again, went to Cinnabar Gym.
Seadra took care of most of the gym trainers, with Hammer Bro cleaning up the rest.
Gym match with Hammer Bro vs. Blaine went like this:
Growlithe: OHKOed by Surf
Ponyta: OHKOed by Surf
Rapidash: OHKOed by Surf
Arcanine: 4HKOed by Surf because of Hyper Potions.
Easy solo...
After the Gym match, met Bill and went to One Island.
Went and bought a whole lot of X items to make sure I meet Hammer Bro's new requirement.
Continued the Sevii Islands, and beat up the "Kanto Rider Federation"
After rescueing Lostelle, I went over to Kindle Road to train all my Pokemon to Lv. 48 in preperation for Viridian Gym.

Hammer Bro the Blastoise
Lv. 48
Nature: Calm
Moves: Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Brick Break

Hammer Bro is still good, but is losing a little ground due to the onset of another requirement. Still can do a lot of damage, and has some good defenses to back him up. Current MVP.

Seadra the Seadra
Lv. 48
Nature: Lonely
Moves: Ice Beam
Secret Power
Agility
Water Gun

Seadra is still a little behind in damage-dealing, with Ice Beam being his most powerful attack, but he has made himself a good spot on the team.

MS. NIDO the Nidoqueen
Lv. 48
Nature: Bold
Moves: Poison Sting
Tail Whip
Dig
Attract

MS. NIDO is really starting to fall behind. Dig isn't KOing lots anymore, and lack of good Poison STAB is still a problem. Attract is somewhat good, but very circumstantail and she just can't really keep up anymore.
Current LVP

Flareon
Lv. 48
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Substitute
Toxic
Flamethrower
Quick Attack

Flareon is doing well, Flamethrower is still tearing stuff apart, and Quick Attack is good for picking off weakened foes. Toxic has seen mild usage, but Substitute currently is just taking up space, as I have found no need to use it.

Sprout the Vileplume
Lv. 48
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Secret Power
Bullet Seed
Sleep Powder
Petal Dance

Sprout has improved this update with the addition of a somewhat good Grass STAB to his moves, still thinking about what to replace Bullet Seed and Secret Power with.

Gold the Golbat
Lv. 48
Nature: Naive
Moves: Frustration
Air Cutter
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball

Gold is still the same, taking down foes with a combination of attacks and Confuse Ray. Shadow Ball is her newest move, and it hasn't seen usage yet. We'll see if the 4500 Coins was worth it.

@Dummy007, took me a minute or two to understand all that, but looks like fun. Just one question. Am I allowed to use other Pokemon against Cilan? I was under the illusion I could only use my Scramblemons, even for healing and such. Maybe I'm just crazy. o.o
You are allowed to use other Pokemon until you find the ones you need to complete your Scramble with. Once you find them, however, you have to use them or take an empty slot in your party. So, yes, you can train a Pansear to beat Pansage and/or Lillipup. I think you can beat Lillipup with Oshawott, though.

Ok, I've been meaning to start my White Scramble, but I decided that I'd rather do a second normal playthrough in White before I start doing challenges (don't worry guys who gave me my White challenge though, I WILL do it eventually, just not now. I have it written down).

Soooo....time for a HeartGold scramble instead!

Rules:
Let me evolve everything.
I CAN trade between HeartGold and Platinum.
Nothing involving breeding or IVs; I don't really care for breeding.

Let the scrambling commence.

Trade in a Weavile from Platinum at level 5 nicknamed Memphis. This will be your starter.

By the Elite Four it must know the following moveset, with each of its moves inspired by something about my hometown:

Gang Wars: Beat Up/Swagger
Murder: Metal Claw/Poison Jab
Sports: Agility/Quick Attack/Taunt
Bipolar Weather: Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail

Also, it must have learned three of these moves by Mahogany, where it must solo Pryce. (You can teach it two of the moves in Platinum, if need be.)

Murkrow! If you want to evolve him with a Dusk Stone, go right ahead, but you're going to need to solo Chuck with him either way. However, Murkrow has a few restrictions...:

- Can't be higher than level 45 when you face the Elite 4
- Can only have ONE Flying move at a time, including status moves eg. Roost.
- Must get at least KO in the following: Morty, Jasmine (*trollface*), Pryce, Clair, Koga, Karen, Lance, Blue, Red.
- Can be no higher than level 70 when you face Red.
- Must lead vs. Ho-Oh. BIRD RIVALRY
Slowpoke! Slowpoke is SIGNIFICANTLY more American than Sneasel (who was undoubtedly born in Kenya), as it is lazy, slow, and rather unintelligent. Its final moveset must be:

Laziness: Rest / Slack Off
Slowness: Yawn / Trick Room
Fatness: Substitute / Light Screen (TV, get it? hahaha)
Stupidity: Amnesia / Swagger (because swagg is stupid)

You may have noticed that this entire movepool consists of status moves. Now, as much as Americans care about status, they care more about power. As such, you may replace one move up there for every five Gym Trainers Slowpoke solos. However, every new move you use must have 120 or higher base power (including STAB), and it may not apply this cop-out until it knows (simultaneously) one move each from two of the above categories. It may not evolve until it has learned one move from each category at some point. Name it Green Day. (Props for reference)
you get Norris the Poliwag...
must be evolved into poliwrath before e4...
moveset of substitute, focus punch, waterfall, filler as soon as possible...
beat 5 e4 pokemon using only substitute and focus punch...
solo 2 kanto gym leaders using only sub and f-punch...
Start with a Cyndaquil, name it Fire Power. To evolve, it must solo 5 trained Water Type Pokemon with Fire Type moves, & a further 25 to evolve again.
Scrappy, the Heracross. Scrappy loves to pick fights with opponents bigger than him, and as such, can only fight Pokemon at a higher level than him. Also, since he hates anyone who can fight as good as him, he must solo any fighting type Pokemon you come across (unless a solo is needed for another challenge).

Okay Gneiss, you asked for it.

Trade in a Weavile from Platinum at level 5 nicknamed Memphis. This will be your starter.

By the Elite Four it must know the following moveset, with each of its moves inspired by something about my hometown:

Gang Wars: Beat Up/Swagger
Murder: Metal Claw/Poison Jab
Sports: Agility/Quick Attack/Taunt
Bipolar Weather: Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail

Also, it must have learned three of these moves by Mahogany, where it must solo Pryce. (You can teach it two of the moves in Platinum, if need be.)

Gneiss, you get one of the Pokémon who served me best in Heart Gold: Murkrow! If you want to evolve him with a Dusk Stone, go right ahead, but you're going to need to solo Chuck with him either way. However, Murkrow has a few restrictions...:

- Can't be higher than level 45 when you face the Elite 4
- Can only have ONE Flying move at a time, including status moves eg. Roost.
- Must get at least KO in the following: Morty, Jasmine (*trollface*), Pryce, Clair, Koga, Karen, Lance, Blue, Red.
- Can be no higher than level 70 when you face Red.
- Must lead vs. Ho-Oh. BIRD RIVALRY!

EDIT: Ooh, I've hit 500? Sweet...

@Gneiss:

you get Norris the Poliwag...
must be evolved into poliwrath before e4...
moveset of substitute, focus punch, waterfall, filler as soon as possible...
beat 5 e4 pokemon using only substitute and focus punch...
solo 2 kanto gym leaders using only sub and f-punch...

Galladiator: Interesting. I always liked Weavile (though I have to breed to get it at level 5...but that's ok).

Shadoo: Yay, I love Murkrow =) Too bad he's usually my Flyer, though, I'll probably have to either use another flyer, or use that as my only flying move (though alternately, can I learn another flying move and not use Fly in battle?)

Dummy: Nice, I always wanted to use Slowpoke, but I never got around to fitting him in a team. Does it matter if I evolve him into a Slowking or a Slowbro?

Ironman: Nice, can't wait to tear apart stuff with Chuck Norris =)

@Gneiss: I'll allow that, and remove the restriction on Pryce, since Galladiator wants you to solo him (though I had my restrictions in before he did, I think...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)