Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urza gets Memphis the Sneasel!

Take Memphis the Sneasel. Memphis, being named after my hometown, wants to emulate the city as much as possible. Therefore, by the E4, it must have this moveset, with each move representing something about Memphis:

Gang Wars: Beat Up/Swagger
Murder: Metal Claw/Poison Jab
Sports: Agility/Quick Attack/Taunt
Bipolar Weather: Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail

It may evolve as soon as it knows three of these four moves and solos Volkner.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just posting to say that I am still alive in regards to Scrambling and now that I`ve completed Black and filled 97% of the Unova Dex (stupid Snivy line) I will likely be completing a couple more Scrambles. I`m hoping to have the HG Hardest Ever Scramble Challenge done for my 1k but I`m not counting on it.

Status update on outstanding Scrambles.

FireRed Payback: Completed. iirc I posted the final update but this turned out to be really fun.

Emerald Payback: Yet to start due to an outstandind Nuzlocke that I`ll probably never finish.

Platinum Payback: Yet to start for reasons listed below.

Red Challenge: In Mt.Moon with Hiatus, King Odin and Lil` Turt sitting around level 16 (btw Lil`Turt is not actually Lil` Turt as there is no apostrophe in Red).

Platinum Variable: Heading to Hearthome after some grinding with my team of 4 beastly pokemon (fuck yeah Beautifly).

HSCE (HeartGold): In Cherrygrove with Totodile. Probably won`t start in earnest until after the variable is done.

At the moment I am battling against the Battle Subway in Black but I will likely get a Snivy egg on Monday at which point the Scrambling will commence anew.

On another point, has anyone else noticed how easy it is to transfer pokemon now? I transfer
red 300 pokemon in 2 and a half hours, an hour of which was spent deleting HM moves!

I think I'll be attempting a Scramblocke on my Black, as White is my main game with the competitive stuff going on. I was going to Nuzlocke Black but I ended up using it for trades... so I'm going to try!

Rules:

Faint = dead
No use of potions in battles
I have access for trading with White and Diamond.

So I'll probably need more than 6 Pokémon, please help me out here!

Use a Porygon2 or Porygon-Z. (If you pick Porygon2, you can't evolve it later, you've got to stick with your initial choice.) Name it ipv6. Ipv6 is the future, while ipv4 will become a thing of the past. Therefore, ipv6 can only use moves that were introduced or changed in Gen V. (Tackle is one of them, so you'll always have at least one move.) The changes must be ones in battle; gaining or losing TM/HM status, or animation changes, don't count.

You get Memphis the Sneasel too, just because I'm lazy. Look up two posts from yours for restrictions, but replace Volkner with Elesa.

It'll be a roundabout way for me to evolve Porygon (get to gym 1 in Pearl, trade evolve then PokéTransfer to White, then trade to Black after gym 1). But I can manage.

@Valo: You receive Gentleman the male Yamask. It is a true gentleman, so it may never learn the following moves: Night Shade, Hex, Ominous Wind, Curse, Grudge, Mean Look, Frustration, Facade, Thief, Payback, Substitute. Its final moveset (when you fight Ghetsis) must be one move from each of the following categories:

Defense of Women: Protect / Safeguard
Excellent Courtship Abilities: Attract / Destiny Bond / Swagger
Skilled Athlete: Shadow Ball / Hidden Power
Positive Attitude: Return / Calm Mind / Energy Ball (since he has a lot of energy)

It may never use any move on a female wild Pokemon except those listed in the Excellent Courtship Abilities category. It may also never fight any female Pokemon belonging to a Trainer or any Pokemon belonging to a female Gym Leader or Elite Four member. It must solo Brycen to evolve into Cofagrigus.

So far...

ipv6 the Porygon2: Must only know moves either new to gen V or had their effect changed. Once the game starts, I cannot change my mind and evolve him to Porygon-Z.

Memphis the Sneasel: Must know Beat Up/Swagger, Metal Claw/Poison Jab, Agility/Quick Attack/Taunt, and Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail by the E4. Must know three of these to evolve and must solo Elesa to evolve also.

Gentleman the Yamask: It may never learn the following moves: Night Shade, Hex, Ominous Wind, Curse, Grudge, Mean Look, Frustration, Facade, Thief, Payback, or Substitute. By the time it faces Ghetsis, it must know Protect/Safeguard, Attract/Swagger/Destiny Bond, Hidden Power/Shadow Ball, and Return/Calm Mind/Energy Ball. It may also never fight any female Pokemon belonging to a Trainer or any Pokemon belonging to a female Gym Leader or Elite Four member. It must solo Brycen to evolve into Cofagrigus. It may never use any move on a female wild Pokemon other than those in the second set.

CrimsonG the Azurill: May only use STAB moves and can only evolve in a gym leader battle.

Boarame the Tepig: It may only know-level up moves, but they must all be of different types. It must solo 40 trainers' Pokémon to evolve and another 110 to become Emboar.

Swag'ah the Scraggy: Must use Swagger on its first turn vs every gym/E4 Pokémon it battles. Must also use Attract on any female Pokémon in the dragon or ground egg groups.

------------------------------------------------------

Vengeance the Roggenrola: Cannot use until something is dead. Must be caught at level 10. It may never exceed the amount of Pokémon I have fainted multiplied by 10. For example, if I have two Pokémon dead, it may be a maximum of level 20 and so on. If it ever exceeds its maximum level, it counts as dead.

Keep them coming, I'll need some back-ups as faint = dead.

Just asking, are there any moves other than Tackle/Psyshock/Magic Coat/Round I can use on my Porygon2?

EDIT: Thief had a slight change but it's bad anyway. Do sleep mechanic changes count for Rest? On the plus side, Substitute had a couple of changes.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@TM13IceBeam: I didn't name it that for two reasons: 1. You didn't say I had to name it (As far as I could see), & 2. STABFailure is 11 Characters long...And the switch out thing is Doubles/Triples only? Why didn't you say so. Adding...

@Valo525: Start with Tepig, name it Boarame. It may only know level-up moves & they must be all of different types. It must solo 40 Trained Pokemon to evolve & a further 110 to evolve again.

Have fun.

Just asking, are there any moves other than Tackle/Psyshock/Magic Coat/Round I can use on my Porygon2?

EDIT: Thief had a slight change but it's bad anyway. Do sleep mechanic changes count for Rest? On the plus side, Substitute had a couple of changes.
Conversion2. Toxic - it got made more accurate. Thunder Wave now can't affect a target with Lightningrod. I though there'd be more...oh well.
Rest is up to you, but I'd say it's more a change to sleep mechanics in general than rest in particular. There's also a fair few things that were made Snatch-able, but I'd call that a change to Snatch, not the move being Snatched.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
@Valo525, get a Scraggy. It must get its swag on all day e'ry day. That's why you must have it use Swagger first turn whenever he's battling a gym leader/E4. Scraggy's also a ladies man, so he must use Attract whenever battling a female pokemon in his egg group. Name him Swag'ah.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Roggenrola, name it Vengeance.

Since you're doing a Scramblocke and already have a lot of pokemon, Vengeance will not be used early on in the challenge. There are no restrictions to this Roggenrola at all, except the following.

It's maximum level is ten times the number of fainted pokemon you have, and this Roggenrola must be caught at level 10.

For example, if you have lost 3 pokemon in your journey, it can only go up to level 30. If it ever exceeds the number (except immediately after you catch it) on the restriction, it can no longer be used in the Scramblocke. For example, if you have two fainted pokemon and Roggenrola reaches level 21, it is considered dead for the remainder of the challenge. If it's level 20, and someone else on your team faints, Roggenrola can then reach level 30 and evolve. If you have zero fainted pokemon, Roggenrola must be stored in the PC until someone faints. If you have one fainted pokemon, you may use Rogenrola but be careful not to level him up!

This can be very frustrating, so good luck. You got to spend money pokemon to make money pokemon sometimes.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
White Scramble Update #2

Ehhh...Second update to my White Scramble, which will also probably suffer from the last-post-on-page syndrome...

Update #1

• Purrloin (Troll): Must shout out April Fools every time it attacks (God I'm going to get tired of saying that). Must know & keep Sucker Punch & False Swipe. Must solo two of Caitlin's Pokemon with said moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Darmantian (DonkeyKong): Must have the following moveset:
    Giant Punch: Fire Punch / Hammer Arm
    Chest Pound: Taunt / Swagger / Work Up
    Konga Drums: Belly Drum / Roar / Round
    Spinning Kong: Thrash / Flare Blitz / Superpower
    May never be used against Steel-Types, must solo Clay & every Sandile, Krokorok, & Krookodile I come across (Lightwind)
  • Venipede: Must solo Burgh to evolve & Brycen to evolve again. May never learn Megahorn (Galladiator)
  • Durant: If ability is Hustle, it must solo Shauntal & it may never use 100% Accurate moves. If ability is Swarm, it must solo Marshal & it must know & keep 2 Bug Type moves & only one non-Bug Attacking move (kingofkongs)
  • Drilbur (Justyce): If it becomes an Excadrill, it may not hold any items & it can only use one move until it switches out of battle (Treadshot A1)
  • Oshawott: No STAB until it becomes a Samurott, where its only STAB Move is Aqua Tail. Must switch out of battle when a STAB move is used against it in a Double/Triple Battle unless it uses Aqua Tail (TM13IceBeam)

• Started in Striaton City.
  • Got out HM Whore from the PC & taught him Cut, going to the Dreamyard & taking on Team Plasma.
  • Troll took out the grunts & I saved a Munna! (April Fools...).
  • I got a C-Gear! Wow!
  • I go to Route 3.
  • I beat Cheren with Sand Attack hax & good use of Growl from Troll.
  • April Fools...
  • I go to Wellspring Cave.
  • I beat more Plasma Grunts (April Fools).
  • I catch Justyce the Drilbur & return to Route 3.
  • I go Audino Farming until Justyce hit Lv5 & got Metal Claw.
  • I clean up the rest of Route 3 & arrive in Nacrene City.
  • After healing up, I go to the museum, only to encounter A B C D E F G H I J K L M N. He challenges me.
  • Troll fails to beat Pidove (April Fools), but Justyce does, then lets Samurell take care of Tympole & TIMBURRRRRRRRRRR!!! I win the battle.
  • I then go to the Challenger's Rock to gain experience (April Fools).
  • Holy Crap! Samurell evolves into a Dewott! And he also learns Rock Smash!
  • I then return to Nacrene, healing up before going inside the gym.
  • After beating the minors, I challenge Lenora for Gym Badge #2.
  • Troll only manages a Sand Attack against Herdier as he gets OHKOed by Take Down (April Fools), leaving Samurell to 2HKO with Rock Smash. Then came Watchog & Justyce only managed a Mud Slap as he got OHKOed by Retaliate. So Samurell cane in again & 2HKOed with Rock Smash.
  • I won the battle, got the Basic Badge, & the TM for Retaliate.
  • I leave the gym, only for a skull to be taken!
  • I heal up.
  • That's all for now...

Troll (Male Purrloin) @ Nothing
Lv:16/Lax/Limber
-Fury Swipes
-Pursuit
-Assist
-Sand Attack
Comments: Troll's usefulness is starting to taper a bit, it needs to evolve soon or the April Fools Prankster will start to lag behind.

Justyce (Male Drilbur) @ Nothing
Lv:18/Bashful/Sand Rush
-Fury Swipes
-Mud Sport
-Metal Claw
-Mud Slap
Comments: Since joining, Justyce has been a great member for the team, helping the team out & decreasing the workload on some of the members. The fun with this guy shall start soon enough...

Samurell (Male Dewott) @ Nothing
Lv:20/Sassy/Torrent
-Tackle
-Leer
-Fury Cutter
-Rock Smash
Comments: Since evolution (And gaining Rock Smash), Samurell has been acting like an absolute powerhouse, & did a really good job to take out both of Lenora's Pokemon. For now, he is proving to be a force to be reckoned with.

Ehhh...That's all for now, next update after Burgh.

@Valo525

You get a Scolipede.

It must kill all other Bug-types in the game from the time you start using it.
Call it Pesticide. (and no Megahorn)

ipv6 the Porygon2: Must only know moves either new to gen V or had their effect changed. Once the game starts, I cannot change my mind and evolve him to Porygon-Z.

Memphis the Sneasel: Must know Beat Up/Swagger, Metal Claw/Poison Jab, Agility/Quick Attack/Taunt, and Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail by the E4. Must know three of these to evolve and must solo Elesa to evolve also.

Gentleman the Yamask: It may never learn the following moves: Night Shade, Hex, Ominous Wind, Curse, Grudge, Mean Look, Frustration, Facade, Thief, Payback, or Substitute. By the time it faces Ghetsis, it must know Protect/Safeguard, Attract/Swagger/Destiny Bond, Hidden Power/Shadow Ball, and Return/Calm Mind/Energy Ball. It may also never fight any female Pokemon belonging to a Trainer or any Pokemon belonging to a female Gym Leader or Elite Four member. It must solo Brycen to evolve into Cofagrigus. It may never use any move on a female wild Pokemon other than those in the second set.

CrimsonG the Azurill: May only use STAB moves and can only evolve in a gym leader battle.

Boarame the Tepig: It may only know-level up moves, but they must all be of different types. It must solo 40 trainers' Pokémon to evolve and another 110 to become Emboar.

Swag'ah the Scraggy: Must use Swagger on its first turn vs every gym/E4 Pokémon it battles. Must also use Attract on any female Pokémon in the dragon or ground egg groups.

------------------------------------------------------

Vengeance the Roggenrola: Cannot use until something is dead. Must be caught at level 10. It may never exceed the amount of Pokémon I have fainted multiplied by 10. For example, if I have two Pokémon dead, it may be a maximum of level 20 and so on. If it ever exceeds its maximum level, it counts as dead.

Pesticide the Scolipede: Must KO every bug-type I come across when I start using it. It may not learn Megahorn.

Keep them coming, I'll need some back-ups as faint = dead.

@Valo: you must catch a Stunfisk. It must be used in every battle until post-game, needs to always know Mud Sport, and open every first turn with the move.

I think I'll be attempting a Scramblocke on my Black, as White is my main game with the competitive stuff going on. I was going to Nuzlocke Black but I ended up using it for trades... so I'm going to try!

Rules:

Faint = dead
No use of potions in battles
I have access for trading with White and Diamond.

So I'll probably need more than 6 Pokémon, please help me out here!
YAY. Another Scramblocke <3

Take a Drilbur. Can only know one STAB move at any time (other than when first caught. Only direct-damaging STAB moves count) other than Earthquake.

@valo525:

you get an axew named Caveman caught in mistralton cave...
because of living years in a cave, in order to not forget its origins, must learn and keep dig, rock tomb, outrage or dragon pulse(to create fires), and slash...

@Raletos:

you get Afraid the empoleon...
this empoleon is a bit weird and for some reason is afraid of water so it can't learn any water-type move and must solo the entire gym of crasher wake...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Raletos, take a Rotom, name it motoR. It must know & keep 2 Electric Type moves, & it must solo the Veilstone Gym in its entirety without dying, leaving the gym, or saving mid-gym (You can before & after). If it dies mid-gym, you must Soft Reset Immediately & raise its level by one before reattempting.

Have fun.

Raletos, good news, you get a Scyther! Y'know, that badass mantis thing that evolves to that other badass mantis thing by trad- Oops... Well, in order to make up for not being able to evolve, Scyther will do his very best, by emulating the standard Gen 4 Scizor. Your options are:

CB Scizor (without the CB, since you can't get it til the post game): Quick Attack/U-Turn/Brick Break/Pursuit.

SD Scizor: Swords Dance/Bug Bite/Brick Break/Quick Attack

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! That challenge is far too easy. Therefore, to prove that Scyther is as great an asset to your team as the almighty Scizor would be, he must lead in all major fights (except those that would conflict with other challenges) and solo Cynthia, at a level less than or equal to 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)