Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might actually want to take a Scramble Challenge for my Heart Gold, because I just imported my in-game team onto my black and I am thinking about starting a new game. I, however, have not taken a scramble challenge before, (hell, check my post count and you'll see how new I am to Smogon,) and I am a bit nervous that I am going to fail. Miserably. So yeah, anyone who has taken a challenge please tell me about it.

Might actually want to take a Scramble Challenge for my Heart Gold, because I just imported my in-game team onto my black and I am thinking about starting a new game. I, however, have not taken a scramble challenge before, (hell, check my post count and you'll see how new I am to Smogon,) and I am a bit nervous that I am going to fail. Miserably. So yeah, anyone who has taken a challenge please tell me about it.
It's kind of hard to "fail miserably" at a Scramble Challenge. It's just meant to have fun, not torture you.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You get six Pokemon from six different people on this thread. Each one will have restrictions attached to them such as "must solo Gym Leader __" or "Cannot use __ move" or "Cannot evolve until doing __ thing".

You can't really fail, as there aren't any lose conditions as long as you follow the rules. A tough challenge might take a reset or two, and you can ask for a specific difficulty if you want to ease into Scrambling.

Alright then, I will consider doing so. If I do a challenge, I want it to be somewhat difficult but not difficult enough that the challenges will take, say, over 5 tries in the really tough situations. No wingull soloing electric type gym leaders, for example :P

Alright! So, Scramble Challenge getting ready to be started after the weekends over~ I went through and compiled a list of what I'll be using and organizing the restrictions for convinence:

Pidgenot the Starly:
- Can only evolve the same levels as the Pidgey line
- No Heartscales
- 2 Moves that Pidgey line can have
- Solo Whitney or Morty

Joey the Rattata
- Must solo 40 Pokemon (Rattatas count as 2 and Raticates count as 4)
- After soloing 40 Pokemon it may evolve
- Must know Super Fang and using it must defeat either:
- Blue's Rhydon
- Sabrina's Espeon
- Misty's Quagsire

Buster/Babs the Buneary
- Must be traded to HG as soon as Falkner is beat
- must solo every Poke that looks like a Tiny Toons character, so any of the following animals:
-Ducks
-Pigs
-Skunks
-Cats

Princess the Snubble
- Must be Female w/ Run Away
- Must always know Charm
- Physical contact moves only
- Cannot evolve until it learns Rage
- Can never forget Rage
- Must solo every Skiploom that I face

Pride the Magikarp
- as a fishy must participate in any battle he's in and attack
- can't forget
-Splash at 30
-Tackle at 40
-Flail at 50

Jealousy the Pinsir
- No moves under 60 BP (unless STAB)
- No moves that Scyther/Scizor can have
- Must defeat all Scythers/Scizors I face

And this is my team of 6 Pokemon for HG Scramble challenge!

Trainer Name: Mint
Age: 16 (yeah I know, all in game characters are actually 10 >__< But hey, it's a story right? XD)
Starting Pokemon: Cyndaquil (technically it will be Starly =P)

I'll be doing my best to compose this in a story format, so please look forward to reading it!

Alright! So, Scramble Challenge getting ready to be started after the weekends over~ I went through and compiled a list of what I'll be using and organizing the restrictions for convinence:

[some important stuff]

I'll be doing my best to compose this in a story format, so please look forward to reading it!

[some important stuff]

D:

@TheTraininator, take a Remoraid named Persistent. As the best fish Pokemon ever, you are here to prove it! You must quickly learn Water Gun, Water Pulse, and Hyper Beam, and solo 1 Gym Leader or Rival battle with this moveset to show off your awesomeness! Only then can you, sadly, if you're depressed or something, evolve to Octillery. I mean, if you WANT to solo another gym leader and abandon your former coolness, you could evolve...either way, you can never forget your Three Moves Of Coolness.

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference.

Finished my White Scramble, starting a new one.
Rules:
I can reject challenges.
I want creative challenges.
No Sandile, Drilbur, Solosis, Sewaddle or Litwick.
All Pokemon must evolve.
No Hidden Power challenges.

Choose my starter.

OK, whatever.

Now, I have an important announcement to make:
NO. MORE. HIDDEN. POWER. CHALLANGES!

Yep, I'm finally finished with them.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Tympole. Name it swampert, after its superior counterpart. It can only use moves that appear in Swampert's movepool. It has to solo every member of the Tympole family it sees. It cannot fight any Grass types.

Finished my White Scramble, starting a new one.
Rules:
I can reject challenges.
I want creative challenges.
No Sandile, Drilbur, Solosis, Sewaddle or Litwick.
All Pokemon must evolve.
No Hidden Power challenges.

Choose my starter.
Take a Scraggy, name it Timid. It must only fight 1 Pokemon per GL/E4 battle.

@Srs Bisnis: You get The Future the Golett. It's not from the future; it is the future. Thus, it cannot be sent out against Steel-types, who represent the advancement of technologies, and it cannot be sent out against the types of the apocalypse (Ghost and Dark). It must abandon the old ways of the past by soloing 33 Rock-types to evolve. The destruction of humans is also what the future has planned, so it must also solo 99 Normal-types. Obviously, though, the future falters in the face of heaven, so it must faint against Caitlin, never to be used again.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Newby noob, you noob, he said no litwicks.

Anyways, If I may take a shot at this; you get Ms. Piggie, the Tepig. While Tepig doesn't have to be female, it must follow all of Ms. Piggie's other characteristics. These characteristics, are an obsession with mwa. Because of this, it refuses to take any damage for a teammate, so it may never be swiched in unless it's completely safe. Also, who would want to hurt this delicate little figure? No one that's who, especially not Ms. Piggie. Because of this, she may not use recoil moves.

Ms. Piggie is simply the peak of perfection, and it cannot handle these posers Burgh and Elesa (3rd & 4th gym leaders) thinking that they are more fashionable then it! Because of this, it must solo these two. Also, Ms. Piggie is a glamour whore, so you must participate in at least 20 pokemon musicals with it.

Ms. Piggie is simply the peak of perfection, and it cannot handle these posers Burgh and Elesa (3rd & 4th gym leaders) thinking that they are more fashionable then it! Because of this, it must solo these two. Also, Ms. Piggie is a glamour whore, so you must participate in at least 20 pokemon musicals with it.
Doesn't that interfere with my Scraggy challenge?

Mini Update:
Solo'd Forth Gym and Evolved into a Torterra

@Srs Bisnis
Take a Lilipup called Employee
Because he is only an Employee he must not be in the first Pokemon slot.
When he Evolves into a Stoutland Re nickname him "The Boss"
Because he is a Boss, He must lead a Gym leader battle and must also solo 3 of their pokemon.
Also, because he is a Boss,He believes that he must stick to his strengths, so three of his moves must be normal type.

Accepting all challenges.
@Srs Bisnis: You get The Future the Golett. It's not from the future; it is the future. Thus, it cannot be sent out against Steel-types, who represent the advancement of technologies, and it cannot be sent out against the types of the apocalypse (Ghost and Dark). It must abandon the old ways of the past by soloing 33 Rock-types to evolve. The destruction of humans is also what the future has planned, so it must also solo 99 Normal-types. Obviously, though, the future falters in the face of heaven, so it must faint against Caitlin, never to be used again.
I'm playing until Pokemon League R2, so do you want to give me a replacement for after the first round? Or it can die on the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)