Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bwburke: I asked for a hard challenge, not an impossible one. I think soloing the game with a pidgey is literally impossible especially with half of Red's team knowing Blizzard.

Btw, thanks, yaya0!

I'll be taking a very interesting challange in honor of my 1000th post (this was 1,003, but whatever). I'll be doing a COMPETITIVE SCRAMBLE!

Rules:
~You must give me a fully-evolved Pokemon, a nature, an item, an EV spread, and four moves. (IVs will be straight 31 except in the case of Hidden Power.)
~I will battle with the team of six on the Smogon Server on PO until I either win five battles in a row or reach a rating of 1250.
~Medium-Easy Difficulty
~I will only accept challenges from the following: Its_A_Random, Texas Cloverleaf, DetroitLolcat, Son_of_Shadoo, Vratix, and Galladiator. The reason for this is explained below.
~You may provide an additional challenge if you wish, but please make it doable.

In commemoration of this momentous occasion (for no one but me), I would like to thank the six users listed above specifically for being the some of the coolest and nicest people on Smogon. They have all been integral parts of the Scramble Thread as well, and, since I got my true start on Smogon here, I think I should honor them. Shout-outs also go to pretty much everyone else who has posted in the Scramble Thread, including some of the less-active members (not the trolls). Thanks for the first thousand, and here's to a thousand more!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You will be given the honor of my favorite Pokemon, Swampert, with it's OG moveset of Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf, and Take Down. The item will be Quick Claw. The Nature is Naughty. Name it Dirty.

I'm not sure on the EVs, but Dirty's stats must end up as:

HP: 358
Attack: 279
Defense: 235
Special Attack: 211
Special Defense: 196
Speed: 175

If the opponent has a Pokemon that appears in the Pokemon Emerald Elite Four and Swampert faints, you must forfeit the match.

The set is based on my first Swampert from Emerald.

Also, congrats on the 1000!

ohmygosh thats a great idea. i want to do that too.

rules:
6 UU or OU pokemon
no glaring type weaknesses
standard sets will be favorable, but if you MUST, come up with a set that is not a gimmick and is usable.

obviously, no duplicate pokemon, no absurd items... please use standard sets if you can. wanna make this easy, fun, but random.

i wil be using this in OU MATCHES and if i get a god battle, might warstory it.

You get Breloom, moveset Spore/Punch/Sub/Seed

Punch and Seed can refer to any move with the phrase in them, not necessarily Focus Punch and Seed Bomb. Item must be Leftovers. Name it PSNIS4NUBS

You get Breloom, moveset Spore/Punch/Sub/Seed

Punch and Seed can refer to any move with the phrase in them, not necessarily Focus Punch and Seed Bomb. Item must be Leftovers. Name it PSNIS4NUBS
now im gunna have to come in on a toxic to activate his ability :) poison heal+leftovers is such a win tho. thank you!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dummy, good job on the 1k. Now, now. You get to pick up a Gliscor. Name this thing Random, for obvious reasons. It must have this moveset...

move 1: Acrobatics
move 2: Fling
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Modest
evs: 128 Atk / 128 Def / 254 Spe

Uhhh...Yeah. Go own something with this thing. Have fun.

@bluemon96: You get a Hydreigon named Wallbreakr who can only have three attacking moves, no three of which can be of the same category (i.e. cannot have three special moves or three physical moves). Item must be a Life Orb.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
bluemon96, you get Flinchax the Terrakion. This is due to his presence in VGC 2011 making the words ______ Flinched! More common then in any other metagame. In honor of his nickname, he must know the standard VGC set. That being, Rock Slide, Close Combat, Quick Attack and Protect. The item must be Focus Sash, with a 252atk/252spe ev spread

@pimpgangster

second try. another weather inducer. :)
this one is a hippopotas named Amazon.
Amazon believes that he is the best hippo in the world. he knows that hippos live in the water, so his friends are water types. therefore, he must never ever battle water types. he however HATES steel types because his parents were killed by a poacher. so he must solo all steel types. he loves eating algae, so he must also attack (not necessary solo) all grass types at least once. if you can, give him leftovers because he is a fatty. you can only evolve him once you see 5 different species of pokemon that you would see in a zoo... (girafarig, feraligator, luxray, chatot, seel) u know, ANIMAL pokemon.
@pimpgangster:

You get MEOW MIX the Meowth! It's a bit of a kleptomaniac, so its ability must be Pickup. You can never give it an item, because it wouldn't be able to pick up things. It's afraid of being paralyzed by Electric types, as it would be more difficult to pick up things, so you can't use it against Electric-type Pokémon until it evolves. It seeks to find its hidden power, so it must learn and keep Hidden Power to evolve. After evolution, its ability will no longer be Pickup. It will be Limber, freeing it from the Electric-type restriction as it can no longer be paralyzed.
@ pimp: take Glower the Electabuzz, who is rather sullen and must use Leer first every time it is sent into battle. Also, to get the second meaning of the name, it is only allowed one electric attack, which must be Shock Wave or Discharge, because they kinda show electricity spreading in all directions. (glowing) Can only evolve after soloing 15 ground pokemon.
Pimpgangster, all your life you've wanted your very own Bellsprout. So when you set out on your very own adventure the prospect of finding and catching your very own Bellsprout excites you. However, you just cannot seem to find a bellsprout. You search high and low and still to no avail. In the end you decide its best just to give up and you accidentally run into a Hoppip! When you see it you use the phrase " This will do , i wish you were a Bellsprout". Your new Hoppip hears you say this and decides that it will do all it can do to become more like a Bellsprout.

This means that it can only ever learn moves that the Bellsprout line will learn. It also must evolve when Bellsprout would. This means level 21 for Skiploom and to evolve into Jumpluff you must successfully win a lead stone from the pokeathlon. Your Skiploom must be apart of your team for this.

Once evolved into Jumpluff it starts to gain a little confidence back when it solo's Chucks gym. It can now learn whatever moves it likes. The one condition of this is that it must kill any Bellsprout or Weepinbell or Victreebell you fight. If this condtion is failed it starts to feel useless again and tries to please you by learning moves that only the Bellsprout line learns.

Your Hoppips NN is Obsequious.
Still need 2 more mons for my SS scramble from the last page. I would like one to be either Cyndaquil or Chikorita

D'aww, Dummy. In that case, you will take the Pokémon you gave me for SPL3...

YEAH BABY, RELEASE THE BEAST KNOWN AS KYUREM!

Kyurem "SoS" @ Leftovers
- Protect
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
Bold Nature, 252 HP, 88 Spd, 168 SpA. Have fun, this set led me to glory... It helps if you have lots of passive damage support in rocks/Toxic, etc.

@Pimpgangster

You get NOFAIR, the Chikorita. NOFAIR was always upset that Game Freak made it so sucky. As a result, it wants to prove its effectiveness by soloing every Gym leader, bar two (this is your choice) and Lance. Oh, and it may only have one attacking move at any time.

Hey Pimpgangster, you get, a variation on my Switcher Zigzagoon.

Switcher Sentret!

If it is male call it Pelagius
If it is female call it Glistel

EDIT: You know what? I went easy on you!

He wants to be the very best
Like no shit ever was
To Switch in is his real test
A failure, a lost cause.

In the end, you must.
Be sent in first against
Every E4 Member!
(Excluding Lance!)

Once he evolves, you must find
A little everstone.
Without it he will be blind.
Can't attack anymore!

-Has to be lowest leveled 'mon.
-Must be evolved
-Must always switch in when Highest levelled mon switches out.
-Once he evolves, give him an Everstone, without it, he can't use moves.
-Must be sent in first against every E4 member (Who I'm guessing has to switch into NOFAIR, if rackham agrees)

@bluemon:

Kingdra (F) @ Wide Lens Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 48 SDef / 208 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

XD I freaking love Challange! Will dig up my old cardridge and request one soon! But for now;

@pimpgangster: how about this one.

You get a Psyduck! Name it Sgt Swag.

Sgt Swag is super confident and loves to prance around in front of his enemies. As a result it must always know Tail Whip or Swagger to show his enemies that “IT'S OOONN!”. If the enemy is a freakin' boss it's optional to shout this at the console while executing the move. Moreover it has a rivalry with Water* type pokemon, so when ever you encounter one he must first use Tail Whip or Swagger just to show that he's boss.

Secondly, his macho behavior that makes him very jealous of stat boosts. Whenever you switch out against an opponent with a significant stat boost** you must switch to Sgt Swag. From here he must either Tail Whip or Psych Up to rub their nancy stat boosts in their face. Because he's such a boss you may choose the order in which you use swagger on a potential water type.

- If his ability is Cloud Nine: Sgt Swag get's very aggressive under sunny conditions. Whenever you find yourself battling under strong sunlight you must switch to Sgt Swag and attempt to solo the first pokemon you encounter.
- If his ability is Damp: Sgt Swag has a fued with any explosive pokemon. As a result it must solo every pokemon from the Geodude, Pineco or Voltorb line that you encounter. This takes precedent over any type-related solo conditions.

Evolution: As a Psyduck you must swagger every single pokemon of one gymleader to gain confidence. If you also manage to KO any pokemon during the gymbattle, Sgt Swag will know that no other pokemon can swagger like he can. Overjoyed he can finally evolve. But since he's grown so fond of his swaggering style none of the previous conditions are restricted. In fact, his new ambition is to swagger his way through a full team of an E-4 member too!

Have Fun!

Summary: Swagger/Tail Whip any Water-type before attacking. Psych-Up/Tail Whip any pokemon that gains more that one point in any stat when switching/fainting. Either switch in an solo the next poke under sunny conditions or solo all Geodude, Pineco and Voltorb family pokemon. Swagger all pokemon of any gymleader and KO one of his pokes. Swagger all pokemon of an E-4 member.

* The type may be changed to Flying or Psychic when a conflict arises with another challange.

@Smaug: You get Bidoof Sux the Wooper. It cannot learn any moves that Bidoof can. In addition, it cannot run away from any Fighting- or Electric-types to prove its superiority in handling these types over Bibarel. When it evolves, rename it BibarelSux, and it cannot learn any moves that Bibarel can.

I'm doing a LeafGreen Scramble. Conditions:

DLolcat must give one 'mon, that will be my starter.
Other than that, nothing ridiculously hard. *coughWingullsoloingWatsoncough*

Current team:

DontKillMe the Squirtle
20-20 the Caterpie
MEOW MIX the Meowth
FFUUUTURE the Poliwag
Elvis the Geodude

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, a Starter? You get Squirtle!

It can only learn moves that are available in Gen 1. It must solo any Wild Pokemon that's higher leveled that it. It can only evolve into Blastoise if it never faints as a Squirtle or Wartortle, so be careful! Nickname it DontKillMe. Change it to YayNotDead as a Blastoise if you evolve it.

@tomtom5858: You get 20-20 the Caterpie. No restrictions until it evolves into Butterfree, at which point it can only use moves that have 100 or --- accuracy. Have it solo Koga.

@tomtom5858:

You get MEOW MIX the Meowth! It's a bit of a kleptomaniac, so its ability must be Pickup. You can never give it an item, because it wouldn't be able to pick up things. It's afraid of being paralyzed by Electric types, as it would be more difficult to pick up things, so you can't use it against Electric-type Pokémon until it evolves. It seeks to find its hidden power, so it must learn and keep Hidden Power to evolve. After evolution, its ability will no longer be Pickup. It will be Limber, freeing it from the Electric-type restriction as it can no longer be paralyzed.

A LeafGreen Scramble, eh? Alright then, you'll enjoy what you're gettin'.

Take a Poliwag. It doesn't realise what year it is, and can only use moves that become/remain Physical in Gen 4. Name it FFUUUTURE!

Easy enough?

You get Electafire!

Depending on which game you are playing, you get either Electabuzz or Magmar (they are version exclusives, can't be bothered checking)

They aren't accepting of they're respective types, and wish to be the other, so if you have Electabuzz, you must have a Fire-Type move and use it always. Likewise, if you have Magmar, you must have an Electric-Type move and use it always. You are only allowed to use stab when you are on red health.

His name is Electafire.
You must solo Blaine with Magmar
You must solo Sabrina with Electabuzz

@Rackham. NO. this is horrible!
@piemonade, Would've taken it but I like Sage Chow's better, sorry. Also its not very original. :p
@Sage Chow. Love It!!

One more, A creative and original challange involving either Chikorita or Cyndaquil

@pimpgangster
Original and Creative you say...well how about....

YOu get Volleyball the Cyndaquil!

Volleyball is an excellent volleyball player, and always wanted to get on the national team. So he must always throw the balls as far as he can! He needs strength to be able to throw these balls, so you must have the move strength. His burning spirit for the game fuels him up, meaning he must have an innacurate, strong fire-type move! (Fire Blast!) He can evolve once you get a great winning streak against the opposing team, Water Tech, in a game of Water Volleyball. Get a streak of 10 against water types, without dying (but you can heal after 5!) to evolve into Quilava, you can evolve into Typhlosion any time you want, but you must rename him, ProBall. And Solo one of the national teams to win (E4)

-Must Have Strength and Fireblast (If you, don't want Fire Blast, then just go with Flamethrower)
-Name him Volleyball
-Evolve into Quilava after killing 10 water types, without dying, but getting to heal after 5.
-Solo an E4 Member
-Once he is a Typhlosion, name him ProBall.
-Oh, and as he is a Volleyball player, he likes to throw balls...meaning, like a Nuzlocke, the first pokemon in a route that Volleyball encounters, must be caught with a Pokeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)