Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Welcome, one and all, to the Page 100 Scramble Awards!

After much anticipation, waiting, and countless PM's to me, the votes have been counted, and here are our winners:

Hardest team to scramble with:
Every team hitmonchanman has ever had with 4 votes!
The runner-ups are Tyranitarphantom's White team and BraziliianGuy's Platinum team, both with 3 votes!

Funniest updates:
Jimera0 with 7 votes!
The runner-up is waterwarrior with 2 votes!

Most creative individual challenge:
Alchemist the Bellsprout with 7 votes!
The runner-up is Styla the Luxray with 3 votes!

Meanest scrambler:
Threadshot A1 with 11 votes!
The runner-up is luigiowns with 1 vote!

Hardest individual challenge:
Vanguard the Chimchar with 6 votes!
The runner-up is Useless the Farfetch'd with 4 votes!

And finally... the one you've all been waiting for... Best scrambler!
Sage Chow with 5 votes!
The runner-up is Jimera0 with 4 votes!

Congratulations to all the winners and runner-ups!
Thank you all for voting!
Special thanks to Jimera0 for being a driving force behind nominations and reminders!
And, once again, a giant thank you to all of you for allowing me to host the awards!

Long live the Scramble Challenge!

As an added note, I will begin the grueling Yellow challenge tomorrow. Don't expect much progress though, saying as I have to solo Brock with Pikachu... fun times ahead!

(Damn ledge, you lookin' fine tonight~)

Well damn, I got two categories and barely came behind Sage Chow in the best category? Well thanks a bunch all of you, I'm flattered to say the least. I can't honestly say I didn't expect to win the funniest update category since that's kind of my specialty, but the other two were a surprise. I certainly didn't expect Alchemist to sweep the creative category by such a huge margin, that's for sure! I really thought Styla was the best still to be honest, simply because it was so unlike any other challenge before it.

As for the other categories, looks like the hardest team one was one hell of a close match. They were all pretty damn insane... but really hitmonchanman's were just... damn.

As for the Hardest individual challenge and meanest scrambler... oh cmon, we all knew who was winning this. Treadshot ALWAYS wins the meanest scrambler category, and his unholy creation Vanguard was universally loathed by all.

Of course though, the biggest props of all go to Sage Chow. He might've only taken one category, but it was the biggest one. I'll freely admit I voted for him myself... and nominated him myself, and still think he deserves it the most. His challenges are CONSISTENTLY creative, something I don't think any of us can really claim. On top of that, he makes great updates and always is a steady voice of reason in discussion. As much as I would've been honored to win that category too, I really think Sage Chow deserved it the most and am very glad he'd got it. Hell, it'd be a damn crime in my mind if he didn't win something at least!

And of course a big thanks to our host Waterwarrior who did such a great job putting this together. I was glad to help with some of the more menial stuff. I wanted this Scramble Awards to turn out great, and between the number of nominations and number of awards I think it's safe to say that my wish has been granted!

*gives thembs up to everyone and slaps Treadshot on the back*

*Treadshot gives me a look that makes me want to crawl under a rock*

*I crawl under a rock and ponder at why I was stupid enough to do such a thing to the Bane of Scramblers*

wow, that was scary. I mean, winning the Meanest Scrambler Award, i was like "oh crap, i gotta win te hardest individual or that's gonna be so embarassing!". Thankfully i did.

its also good to see Styla come runner up. :)

Congrats to all winners and runners-up. Looking forward to page 200's awards.

EDIT: I made some changes to chapter 2 based on Jimera's suggestions. In the future, if anyone has suggestions to make it read more cohesively, let me know. However, I won't necessarily deal with all issues as they arise - they may well be important to the plot later.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Super congratulations to all of the winners! The awards system looks like it's been handled quite nicely so props to waterwarrior for that too! :)

oh gosh I have so many updates to read you guys stop being so prolific. ;_;

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to everyone that won an award in this edition of the Scramble Awards. Glad to see many users voted, & we'll see you again in 100 Pages time!

Sadly I didn't win anything, I just wasn't active enough... :/

As for the Hardest individual challenge and meanest scrambler... oh cmon, we all knew who was winning this. Treadshot ALWAYS wins the meanest scrambler category, and his unholy creation Vanguard was universally loathed by all.
DetroitLolcat won it once...If only because Treadshot was nowhere to be seen for that 100-page installment...Just saying...

Congratulations to everyone that won an award in this edition of the Scramble Awards. Glad to see many users voted, & we'll see you again in 100 Pages time!

Sadly I didn't win anything, I just wasn't active enough... :/

DetroitLolcat won it once...If only because Treadshot was nowhere to be seen for that 100-page installment...Just saying...
Yeah, i was away on other non-pokemon boards at the time so Lolcat took it. Still, for every round ive been here, i've won it because if my sheer lack of empathy for scramblers.

But dont start thinking there wuill be another time like that in the near future. You challenge the Scramble thread and I'll be here to ruin your life. ;)

Congrats everyone! Glad to see I at least got runner-up in something, but everyone who got it, deserved it! Anyways, I have the game work prepared for my own Chapter 8, and I really hope I can have it up for you guys soon!

Ok, you guys and gals know what is up, where it is, and what I expect!!!

For those who do not, here it is:

CP. 5 is up, it's in my sig, and I expect great comments and criticism!!

Congrats to everyone who won an award! And to the runner-ups! Good job!

In honor of the Scramble Awards, and that I'd like to be contender in the next one, I'm gonna restart my Pokemon Red Challange.

Rules:
1. 6 Pokemon
2. Very Hard Difficulty
3. No releasing Pokemon
4. No trashing items
5. Not too tedious
6. No level requirements
7. Be creative, keep it difficult yet fun
8. Treadshot A1 gets an automatic reservation (I want your best!)
9. Complete when I've defeated or caught Mewtwo
10. 1 hour reservations

Alright, go!

Reserving for SS. Give me a moment.

Take KMN (Kill Me Now) the Eevee. Evolve it into Flareon ASAP!

Make this little one Bide it's time and Reflect upon past actions. It's rage is like a Toxic precursor to it's future.

Must solo your rival in the Silph Co. And must Solo Blaine.

Why? Because Flareon are designed to stall, right? One thing that should be noted is that X-Items are a no-no and item usage in these solos are limited to 7 in the rival battle and 5 in the gym battle.

If you actually manage to solo your rival after gym 8, teach it Fire Spin. You cannot replace Bide.

Please have fun soloing Lance as well :)

GL because you will need it!!

Damn KS, looks like Norman gave you a run for your money! Slaking is super damn powerful though, so I don't blame you for having trouble.

Also, damn, you're churning out these updates quickly! I only get off around one a week (probably a good thing, because the faster I go the sooner I have to repeat games and then I'll have trouble making good jokes...).

Oh, and Kira will get much more useful for you again soon, I can promise you. Just wait until you get Sky Uppercut... at least you'll be able to use it, unlike me with Technician. Also, Deidara should become much more useful once it evolves. I know I really enjoyed using Relic anyway.

Reserving for SS.

Take WhatAnime? the Jigglypuff.

This Jigglypuff has to distance himself from the Anime counterpart. So, he must not use any status STAB, cannot use any move under 65 Base Power, and must solo 9/18/27/36/45 Pokemon that can learn a sleep-inducing move. The number you solo determines the restrictions after evolution. 9 has you only use one attacking move that has less than 60 Base Power, 18 has you have two attacking moves with less than 80 base power and one status move with less than 100% accuracy. 27 has 3 moveslots with less than 100 Base Power and 100% accuracy, 36 has four moveslots that has less than 100 base power, and 45 has no restrictions. No matter what, you must never use STAB after evolution and is required to solo all the trainers in Erika's gym, Sabrina, Giovanni, Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha/Mewtwo.

Have fun!

I'll have one for SS in around 20 minutes in a halo match atm.

@Super Saiyan take RAGEGUY the Charmander. This charmander is perfectly normal... until it learns rage. once it learns Rage... everything changes. Suddenly he finds himself overcome with rage every single time he gets affected by an opponent. If the opponent so much as growls at him he flies off into an incurable rage. He feels particular rage towards those who do evil, and as such he must solo all the Rocket Grunts in Silph Co., and if you're up for the challenge, Giovanni himself.

In case you need further clarification:
-Take a Charmander name it RAGEGUY
-Learn Rage ASAP, before then, no restrictions
-After learning Rage, must use it immediately every time after being affected by an enemy in any way (statused, stats lowered, damaged, anything!). No switching out to avoid this; if you are affected by an opponent, then you MUST use Rage the next turn- no exceptions.
-Must solo all the Rocket Grunts in Silph Co, and optionally Giovanni himself
-Must keep Rage forever.

At first this seems like a pretty easy challenge... at least until you know what Rage is like in Generation I. Just hope to god that it never, ever misses.

Super Saiyan, take a Drowzee and name it Sleepy. This Drowzee really likes to sleep, so it must always use Hypnosis at the start of every battle. It must also learn Rest ASAP and use it whenever it has less than 1/2 HP remaining. It will attempt to solo Erika since her gym is very relaxing, a good place to take a nap in. If it succeeds the first time, it may evolve. If not, then it must forever remain a Drowzee.

@KS, its good except Overheat didn't exist in Red version. Also since there's no threat of Taunt, you could change that. But it also means it could just be under the effect of Taunt. So your call on that. But change Overheat at least lol.

Reserving for SS. Will edit in a minute. Also, do you want very hard or SUPER very hard?

EDIT: SS, take SPAM the MALE Pikachu. First of all, SPAM loves to spam, and is always under the affects of Taunt, so he can spam more. The only non-attacking move he can have is a TM move that must be RNG'd and kept. SPAM must also use this move against anyone that KO's another member of your team. Also, SPAM hates to spam special moves EXCEPT Swift(because it's, well, swift), because he can't feel the spam, so he must be all physical. RNG one physical TM under 60 BP (which, BTW, is his max power limit) for him to keep. In all major battles, SPAM is under the effects of Torment for the first half of the battle, and of a Choice Item the second half (you can determine that by # of pokemon left). SPAM hates items, so he cannot have X-items used on him, and can only be healed with 10 items per major battle (only 5 for any regular battle, not that you'll ever need that many...). He must show off the power of SPAM!!! by soloing Lt. Surge, Giovanni once(anytime), your rival once(anytime after you catch him), and 1 E4 member. SPAM can only evolve if:
1)You decrease his power limit to 40 for 3 badges.
2)He solos 30 trainers, one of which must be the Fighting Dojo leader.
3)If he ever faints, you incur these penalties:
1 time: solo 100 level 2,3, or 4 pokemon.
2 times: Complete level 1 again, and solo 1 extra gym leader.
3 times: He loses 10 BP, and complete level 1 doubled.
4 times: He loses another 10 BP, a moveslot, and level 1 tripled.
5 times: He loses 20 more BP, another moveslot, and level 1 quadrupled.

He may never leave your party, can never be healfoddered, and after every time he KO's something, ANYTHING, you must have him lead against the next pokemon.
Also, the fainting stuff applies ONLY if you evolve into Raichu. Good luck, and have fun!!

(if you need changes, I'll be happy to make some.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)