Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Just posting to say that the Epilogue from my scramble is up, link in my signature as usual. It's got the LVP-MVP listings as well, so make sure to check if you want to see how your favorite placed! I'll be back later to ask for a new scramble, but right now I need to go eat!

Congratulations, Jimera!!

Now, I want you to look back for a moment and think: what would it have been like if the RNG gods had been frustrated that day with Random's moves........

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Your last updates have been as awesome as ever, Jimera! Your depiction of Bruno and Agatha made me laugh out loud, they were brilliant. Congratulations on completing a scramble on such an old game!

However I must reprimand you for never playing Blue before because it was my first game and I am a terrible and judgmental person or something.

(Also, sorry I haven't updated my own challenge with chapter two yet. I've been busy over in the C&C forum for the past few days, as well as dealing with schoolwork!)

heehee I'm enjoying your Blue Scramble Jim, finally putting in the time to read it while I wait for Team Adorabloodthirsty to assemble.

^Wish I could help you out, but I have never played Crystal, I have never finished my Gold Version (which I am considering Scrambling), and I have never finished Heart Gold Version. So I basically know nothing of the Jhoto region lol

just gently poking the thread as I want to get my Homestuck challenge underway :3 it will be awesome, because the updates will be all epicly Homestucky. I just need three more Pokemon Dx
Looks like despite my own gentle poking, no one here really has time to get into that work. I'd be happy to do another challenge, as long as I wasn't taking a spot away from someone else.

In other news, chapter 4 is up. It's not quite as long as Chapter 3, but is still pretty lengthy. I think in total, I'm up to around 18,000 words. Not too shabby.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Edit:
Just read Jimera's chapter 10 & epilogue. Great job, congrats on finishing the challenge.

Great work Jimera! I'm happy to see you enjoyed Shout! Also, PLEASE don't ask for challanges while I'm gone. PLEASE....

Not really dude, that's on you. Still, I love contributing to your AMAZING challanges by giving out pokemon.

EDIT: Another great chapter, user 18. Keep it up!

Looks like despite my own gentle poking, no one here really has time to get into that work. I'd be happy to do another challenge, as long as I wasn't taking a spot away from someone else.

In other news, chapter 4 is up. It's not quite as long as Chapter 3, but is still pretty lengthy. I think in total, I'm up to around 18,000 words. Not too shabby.

Edit:
Just read Jimera's chapter 10 & epilogue. Great job, congrats on finishing the challenge.
I'm totally cool with getting multiple Pokemon from others, seeing as there aren't as many hardcore Homestuckers as I thought around here |D

Hope you like my new avvie. It's really hard not to stare at it lol

@Seraphinu: sorry, didn't see that. Also, what is Homestruck? Is it like an online game? If it uses a flash player, I have no idea how to make a reference to it, as I do all browsing on my iPhone.
Guess that means I have to give that challenge to someone else.

I'm totally cool with getting multiple Pokemon from others, seeing as there aren't as many hardcore Homestuckers as I thought around here |D

Hope you like my new avvie. It's really hard not to stare at it lol
yeah, it's cool. Karkat's my third-favourite character (and second-favourite troll, no prizes for guessing my favourite XD), so I do appreciate it.

If you want another challenge, I have an idea for an Aradia challenge, if you want it.

@above: It's a comic, check my sig. It does use flash for some pages.

@Seraphinu: sorry, didn't see that. Also, what is Homestruck? Is it like an online game? If it uses a flash player, I have no idea how to make a reference to it, as I do all browsing on my iPhone.
Guess that means I have to give that challenge to someone else.
It's a webcomic, actually, that acts like a "game". user 18 has it linked in their signature.

EDIT: herp, ninja'd

Also, I <3 Aradia, so an Aradia challenge would be awesome x3 I'd love to see how that would interact with my Vriska challenge. heehee

I've been reading it since yesterday, and am enjoying so far! I've been meaning to check it out for a while, to get an edge in Pokémon Online Trivia (my current stategy is to guess "John" for every human name asked for, "Terezi" for every troll name, and "LOLCAT" for every planet, which actually works out fairly well).

Anyway, I'm not particularly far in yet, so I'm not sure how well themed of a Scramblocke I can give for Seraphinu. (Found a sweet Shut Up and Jam Gaiden reference!) Oh well, try this. Just imagine it's based on the earlier version than you're probably up to.

Catch a female Weedle called Rose. Rose's strife specibus is set to Needlekind, so you're only allowed to attack the enemy directly with moves that use your stinger; Poison Sting, Fury Attack, Twineedle and Pin Missile.

Rose's sylladex is set to the Tree Fetch Modus. Teach Rose Cut (once a Beedrill), and every time you see a small tree have her cut the root out and cause the leaves to fall everywhere.

Have Rose solo every Meowth and Persian you come across, in memory of her own dead cat.

Rose likes wizards, but feels Sabrina is just mocking her by using so much blatant magic. Have her solo Sabrina!

Seraphinu, you get Aradia the female Gastly.
As a Gastly, Aradia is similar to how she is at the beginning of Hivebent. She has no real emotions, telling Vriska that she doesn't care that she killed her. No restrictions as a Gastly to represent this lack of emotion.

When Aradia enters the Soulbot made by Equius, it amplifies all of her emotions (all of them). She attacks Vriska and leaves her to die. Solo Bugsy, and all Spinarak/Araidos you encounter. (Yes, this means you must evolve before Bugsy.)

At this point, Aradia must never be next to Vriska in the party, unless Vriska has fainted.

When Bec Noir enters the Troll's session, Aradia summons thousands of doomed timeline Aradiabots to hold him off for seconds enough for everyone to escape. Attempt to solo Clair, without using any healing items. You must defeat at least the first two pokemon. After that, everyone has escaped, and your other teammates can join the battle.

When Aradia gets a tiger, she becomes more in control of her emotions. If you can, evolve to Gengar, if you can't, no problem. This occurs after defeating the Elite Four for the first time.

Now, Aradia no longer has to solo Spinarak/Ariados, and may be next to Vriska in the party. She does, however, have to solo one gym leader of your choice in Kanto, and one gym trainer from each Kanto gym, to represent her flitting around the dreambubbles.

This challenge should only be used if you can't get enough other challenges. If someone else who hasn't done a challenge yet wants to do Aradia, feel free. I don't want my second challenge to in any way impinge upon someone else's first.

Showsni: Accepted, hope you enjoy Homestuck! It only gets better as you go.

user 18: I'll wait to see if any more Pokemon crop up, but I do like this challenge.

Aight, I wanna do a scramble. Ideally, the challenges will be very difficult without being overly tedious. Let's go with... FireRed. Also, for the last three slots, you have the option of assigning a general Trainer challenge instead of a Pokemon. Finally, be it through having enough slots that I can have every necessary HM or having mons that can learn said HMs, I need to have zem. Finally, these have to be in order, mmmmkay?

Slot 1: Magician the Squirtle
Slot 2: Mutant the Doduo
Slot 3: HM Wildcard
Slot 4: Flash the Clefairy
Slot 5: OCD the Growlithe
Slot 6: Master Yi the Scyther

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Will reserve for the starter. Incoming Squirtle!

EDIT: Alright. So, you'd like very difficult without being overly tedious? I'll see what I can do!

Take a Squirtle and name it Magician. Your Squirtle is dedicated to become the ultimate escape artist, and must reflect this via his movepool.

To represent the boundaries that he must escape, Squirtle must keep Withdraw and use it at least once during one Trainer battle on every Route. (So, one Trainer for Route 2, one for Route 4, one for Rock Tunnel, etc).

Once you arrive in Cerulean, your Squirtle dispatches (solos) the Rocket Grunt who has broken into the house next to the Gym. In return, Magician discovers the ultimate escape to all traps: Dig! Magician is no longer is satisfied by easy kills against Fire and Rock types using his Water-type moves and must now score super effective damage on them using Dig instead.

Since he can now successfully escape from traps, Squirtle focuses all his energy on his offensive aspects and his tactics for escaping. Upon gaining access to Surf, you may replace Withdraw with it. Surf must score a KO on at least one Trainer's Pokemon on every Route, much like Withdraw. Once you have Surf, only attacking moves may be used.

Eventually (level 55) your Blastoise will learn Skull Bash. He likes this move because it takes a turn to charge up, much like a well-planned escape takes time to think through!

To evolve once, Squirtle must gain access to Dig. To evolve into Blastoise, however, Squirtle must gain access to Surf by soloing Koga's entire Gym. Additionally, use Magician while searching for Lostelle on Three Island, as he must defeat his rival, Hypno, in the ultimate battle between magicians. He must further participate (not solo) in battle against Bruno in the Elite Four.

RECAP:
-Withdraw, use once per route -> replace with Surf, same restriction.
-Solo the Rocket Grunt outside the broken-into house in Cerulean.
-Dig. You may not strike Fire or Rock types with Water moves, only Dig.
-Once you get Surf, no more status moves.
-Skull Bash.
-Wartortle: get Dig.
-Blastoise: solo Koga's entire Gym.
-Defeat Hypno on Three Island to rescue Lostelle.
-Participate in battle against Bruno.

Mafeking, does the Dig restriction apply against Charizard and Moltres? Either way, it sounds like just the kind of challenge I'm looking for, albeit slightly on the tame side. Challenge accepted.

@Jimera0, nice finish! A little anticlimactic though, although I like how you referenced the glitch earlier on. Next scramble will be just as awesome, I hope!

@IAR, actually Female with -Def is actually one of the better possible combinations (Leech Life and Toxic), might be able to stall stuff out. Don't feel too down.

AND I'm reserving for Terrador.

Terrador, take Mutant the Doduo. Doduo is one of the weirdest pokemon. What is this thing? A bird with two heads? BIZARRE! It must be a mutant. And like most mutants, it has strange and remarkable powers. Teach Mutant Fly and Steel Wing, even though it has no wings, and keep those moves forever. Mutant hates all other mutants for some reason, so have it solo 15 other mutants to evolve (that is, any pokemon that you judge to be a mutant, no particular guidelines here.) However, it does feel a certain kinship with others like it, so it may not KO any pokemon with multiple heads. After it evolves, Mutant grows ANOTHER HEAD! Crazy! But what's this? This special third head has memories of its past that the other heads forgot... Mutant is actually an experiment created by Team Rocket! Mutant is enraged by this. So, Mutant must solo 15 Rocket Grunts, and Giovanni at both Silph Co. and at the Gym. Mutant can only faint 3 times (including retries) for each of these solos- one for each head. How well Mutant does in these solos determines its further restrictions;

-If you fail to solo Giovanni either time, Mutant loses the ability to use STAB moves except Fly, since Mutant thinks that restricting itself will help it get stronger. It should also solo 2 of Lorelei's pokemon, because Ice is strong against Flying, and that should help Mutant improve.

-If you fail both times, Mutant loses the ability to use STAB moves except Rage (you must keep Fly on its moveset, but it may not use it in battle), and it may never use a super effective move, because Mutant is angry at itself for being such a failure, so it punishes itself. No further restrictions because Mutant sucks now.

-If you succeed both times, CONGRATULATIONS!! Mutant gets a new lease on life, and aims to make itself better than ever! How you may ask? By challenging the Elite 4 of course! Take he number of times faints Mutant was still allowed from its final battle vs Giovanni (maximum 3, minimum 0).Take this number and +5. That is the number of E4 and champion pokes that Mutant must solo.

Whatever happens vs Giovanni, Mutant hears about another Mutant Team Rocket created. In fact, it's said to be the most powerful pokemon ever! Looks like Mutant just got one final challenge. Solo Mewtwo!!

Edit: user 18, I am still loving your updates! If the pokemon world was real, this is how I imagine it to be like. Also, I like how you portray Onix as being small while young- I hadn't even considered that. Go Rubble!

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Mafeking, does the Dig restriction apply against Charizard and Moltres? Either way, it sounds like just the kind of challenge I'm looking for, albeit slightly on the tame side. Challenge accepted.
Oh, no, haha. If you can't strike the Pokemon with Dig then you're perfectly in the right to use other coverage moves.

As for the difficulty, I realize it's kind of easier than it could be but it's late and I'm not very capable of thinking of ways to make things very hard without them being like "get up to +6 with Withdraw against every Trainer on the planet."

Edit:
Just read your chapters(haven't gotten to 4 yet, too tired to read more and am packing it in for the night) but I have thoroughly enjoyed what I've read so far. I've also enjoyed reading Jim's stuff, though you two sport drastically different update styles, which is fine, because as Jim here says, variety is the spice of life.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@IAR, actually Female with -Def is actually one of the better possible combinations (Leech Life and Toxic), might be able to stall stuff out. Don't feel too down.
True that, that -Defence btw, is actually Lonely, which helps give Leech Life a boost! But the problem is that it doesn't hide the fact that it's still a Spinarak; It's still going to die easily, especially later on...

Terrador, take whatever Pokemon you want, & name it whatever you want, but the Pokemon you pick must be able to learn at least three HM moves, & it must know & keep as many HM moves as it possibly can. It can never be the lowest leveled member on your team, & it must solo 2 Gym Leaders/E4 Members, whichever ones you pick, idgaf.

Have fun.

Well,looks like I'm probably stuck with flash then. This'll be fun.
Actually. I could have strength as well. interesting...

Taking advantage of my choice, Terrador, you have to choose your challenge!

Take A Clefairy! The HM move you choose to teach her will determine the pokemon she will become:

Flash
This Clefairy has learnt the true power of status effects. Sleep, Attract, Evasion, she is the master of them all, So she can only have 1 Attacking move which can only be used when her opponent has been 'haxxed' three times in battle. Also, having taken tutoring from Koga in the arts of status, she has vowed to never harm a poison type, and shun those who do, so she will not support Magician in any way, so you cannot switch to, from, or use items on Magician while Clefairy is on the field, until after he solos Koga, as he will bestow the title of Clefairy's mentor upon Magician. Clefairy can only evolve after Successfully soloing 15 trainers. Why 15? Because.

Strength
This Clefairy has been brought up learning that Strength is everything. Power, Domination. Mercy is for the weak, and Status moves are for the cowards. So Clefairy cannot learn any status moves ever. Every time Clefairy learns a new move, it must replace the weakest power move you have, as weak moves are for weak pokemon. If she starts fighting a trainer, she will not stop until every pokemon in their team has been soloed by her and her alone, or she faints, so the minute she uses an attack, she has to solo that trainer. Also, if one of her team mates were to faint with their opponent in the red, she must come in and attack, as She must teach the team not to let a weakened foe defeat them.
To evolve Clefairy, Have her solo the Fighting Dojo, to prove her dominance over her weakness.

So. Which path will you choose?

Terrador, take a Growlithe and name him OCD.

If he has an odd number of health remaining, he can only use STAB attacks.
If he has an even number of health remaining, he cannot use STAB moves.

He must solo Erika.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)