Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I've been working hard training my team, so far existing of just Simon(togepi), Jenny(pidgey) and Snap(totodile). Really really enjoying this so far. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be writing big updates like most people seem to do, cause I really don't feel like doing that :X . I have so far beaten 1 gym, so not much to update anyways.

Jinzha, the big updates thing is just a fad. Scramble challenge started with only people posting when they finished their challenges, or the odd small update if the challenger was bored and had nothing better to do.

This fad will die down soon. There was a recent fad to try and out-saidst Treadshot A1. Some tried, all failed, fad over.

Just play the game as you like, and report back when you finish. Anything else is optional. Actuallly, since we're not the law, even the 'report back' part is optional. We're not going to hunt you down or anything. ;)

We're not going to hunt you down or anything.
Speak for yourself xD

In all seriousness, if you don't want to write updates, then don't. I write mine because I enjoy writing, but don't have the talent to develop an entire storyline. Instead, I take the general story of the pokemon game, and expand on it. Others write bullet point updates, just to let people know how far they are in their game, and others will write updates from a more out-of-universe style.

We all enjoy seeing how your pokemon are doing, especially if we gave one to you, but don't feel obligated to. The first scramble I did - buried back in MkI - I wrote maybe three updates, entirely in a bullet point style. Nobody really cared if I wrote more or less.

Okay, thanks for the quick answers both of you. I don't personally like writing, mainly because english isn't my motherlanguage and I can't really write interesting stuff in english most likely. I really really enjoy readinh the updates though, keep writing them guys!

PS: Just beat Silver's zubat with just metronome and seriously... Never had a fight that strange! The first NINE metronomes didn't do damage and then the last one OHKO'd with Zapp Canon. Seriously, I missed sheer cold, used earthquake, used attract, missed hypnosis, etc, etc xD.

@Serperior: Metronome is probably the most fun thing I've ever done in pokemon! I beat Bugsy's metapod with a lucky blast burn, which means one of the two gym leader pokemon solo's is done. But even in ransom encounters it's just so much fun seeing a Togepi use Thunder, then sand attack and then confusion. The randomness is sooo awesome!

I still only have 4...
List:
Rincewind
H.Potter
Tomas the Gible
Percy
I'd be happy to give you one if I knew where your original post was with the rules and such. If you could link to that for me (and everyone else) I think you'd probably get your Pokemon in no time.

Rules are quite simple. Platinum, Medium difficulty, I'm accepting until twelve and then choosing. No hacking and No Vanguards. Also, everyone can submit 2.

Rules are quite simple. Platinum, Medium difficulty, I'm accepting until twelve and then choosing. No hacking and No Vanguards. Also, everyone can submit 2.
Alright, what species are the Pokemon you have arleady? What are their solos? I can't give out a mon if I don't know what you already have. Knowing their nicknames doesn't help much with avoiding conflicts :P

ooops.

Here:
Rincewind
GrassBlade, take a Chimchar and name him Rincewind, after Terry Pratchett's famously inept wizard. (Or Wizzard)

Rincewind is a complete coward, and flees at the first sign of danger.
Your Chimchar cannot directly attack if he is under half health, and must be either switched out or healed ASAP.

Rincewind can't even manage a simple Fireball unless his immediate surroundings are completely immersed in magic.
Your Chimchar cannot use Fire unless the move has full PP.

Finally, Rincewind is a reluctant hero.
Chimchar must solo Byron. He must be the only Pokemon in your party during this solo.

Good luck!

H.Potter
Reserving for GrassBlade, a Shinx.

Since we're on the theme of wizards, name Shinx H.Potter (damn 10 character limit).

Since I really can't be stuffed reading through seven bricks...uh, I mean books, for this challenge, I'm just going to go off memory.

Firstly, evolve Shinx as soon as possible, just because Luxray is cool and the more black the better. If you find any glasses-related item (black glasses, choice specs, etc.) make Shinx wear (hold) it.

Secondly, Shinx is completely useless without a wand, and since broomsticks are in short supply, you'll have to rely on spells (non-contact, special moves) to deal damage. You'll have access to Tackle, though (or whatever move you Shinx starts with, something really basic so you don't have to grind with exp.share). You may not use spread moves, as frankly you're not skilled enough yet, so no Discharge.

To make your Shinx a better wizard, you have to prove its worth in contests. Your abilities as a wizard grow as you beat contests.

No contests = use only spells (outlined above), no spread moves, no access to magic potions (so no access to items full stop)

Beat the normal rank contest = you may now use spread moves, all other restrictions still apply.

Beat the super rank contest = access to magic potions, for boosting stats only (so X items and vitamins). Access to spread moves. Other restrictions still apply.

Beat hyper rank contest = access to all forms of magic potions. Access to spread moves.other restrictions still apply.

Beat master rank contest = a waste of time, don't bother. I suppose you can start using TMs on Shinx now, if you've gotten this far in contests.

Shinx must have Rivalry as an ability, because frankly he's not very intimidating. *Solo Cyrus at Spear Pillar. Solo an E4 member. Solo two gym leaders.*

As a last ditch effort, you do have the ability to access godhax. At any one point in the game, you may use godhax just by repeatedly thinking of whatever restriction you want to skip, and you'll skip it (think of how Harry got into Gryffindor....I'm not going to spell check that, too lazy, but all he did was just repeatedly think of it....such a lame way to advance a plot...). The only thing you can't skip is the "only use spells" restriction. Try not to skip hyper rank, because you'll still have to go through it in game to get to a Master rank contest anyways, genius. Recommended things to skip are in the asterisks, but you can only skip one.

Oh, and every time you attack with Shinx, shout out a word in english, with a few random suffixes and extra sounds tacked on the end, because that's what most spells called out in the books are anyways (expeliamus....obviously expel with a few more sounds tacked on). And try to do this in public, it's funnier that way.

Tomas the Gible
GrassBlade, take Tomas the Gible. As a child, Tomas wanted to be a warrior. He would often have play fights with his friend Pug. Have Tomas learn and keep Take Down, and use only that move to solo 10 Psychics (the trainer class). However soon enough, Tomas was taken on a journey with Duke Borric to the East. On the way there, he got lost in some dwarven tunnels. Enter Mt. Coronet, and solo 20 pokemon there. Tomas may now evolve. In the tunnels, Tomas meets a dying dragon, who gives him a suit of golden armour, as well as a shield and a sword. Tomas then begins his slow transformation into a Valheru, a legendary warrior who commands dragons. He gains new powers, being much stronger and more powerful than before. Teach Tomas Hidden Power instead of Take Down, and keep it forever. However, Tomas has grown more savage because he is becoming a Valheru. So, Tomas is always under the effects of Taunt, and must OHKO every pokemon it battles- if it fails to OHKO any pokemon, then throw out items worth $5000 or more. However, eventually his personality evens out- when Tomas evolves into Garmchomp, the Taunt and OHKO restrictions are removed. Instead, he has grown much softer- Tomas may not OHKO any pokemon unless it has used a status move on it. If you fail this restriction, throw out items worth $10000 or more.

Sorry if this seems a bit strange, I'm not thinking perfectly straight right now...

As hard as I can make it eh? Well then, timeeel39, take Rebellious the Hitmonchan. THis Hitmonchan is so rebellious, because it is a fighting type but it loves to use Special moves! So, Rebellious may never use a physical move. It also loves taking risks- Rebellious must attempt to solo every Flying and Psychic type pokemon you battle, including all of Sabrina's gym. However, Rebellious beats himself up a bit if he doesn't do well- if Rebellious fails to solo any Flying or Psychic type, you must throw out items worth $10000 or more, each and every time. Have fun!!!

@below, great update! I have never played Colosseum in my life, but judging by your comments, it sounds fun! Ouch on the nasty restrictions though.

Percy
GrassBlade, take Percy the Magikarp. Just like Percy Jackson, this Magikarp is the son of Poseidon. In order to prove itself, as it is currently a mere Magikarp, solo 10 other Magikarp before evolving.

After evolving, Percy is sick of impostors, so it must solo every trainer-owned Water-type. Then solo Wade. This restriction is lifted if you solo Wade without items.

Since Gyarados's worst weakness is Electric, Percy believes it can only achieve greatness by soloing one member of Volkner's team. It must also solo every third trainer-owned Flying-type, as it hates children of Zeus.

One of his worst enemies is Hades, so he forms an alliance with Lucian, who is also trying to find a way to defeat Dark-types (Hades) with Psychics. Therefore, he may not be used against Lucian.

His worst enemy is Kronos (Cyrus), so solo Cyrus in the Distortion World.

Cherish the Chatot-
Grassblade, I'll give you Cherish the Chatot. This little bird cherishes hope till the very last moment and may therefore only use potions or switch out when in red health. In addition to that Cherish is ofcourse a singing bird with a reputation of being very loud, he likes to keep that up and must therefore use Hyper Voice in any trainer battle he joins, including e4 and gyms.

April
Budew and name it April@Grassblade, take a budew and name it April. April starts out as a sprouting Budew, fresh and new but fragile. As such, to prevent undue damage to your newborn friend you must switch it out of battle any time it reaches red HP. If it should ever faint as a Budew, you must immediately recover it at a Pokemon center before proceeding any further, and then not use it in the next 3 trainer battles to allow it to recuperate. But this won't do for April. April wants to grow and be stronger! As such, in order to evolve it must use Growth on 6 different routes, so it can take in the nutrients from each of the areas and get enough to grow to the next stage.

After it does that it can evolve into a Roselia, a beautiful flower. But April still feels like it has more room to grow! In an attempt to grow more, it uses Growth at the start of every battle it appears in, but to no avail. No matter how many nutrients it takes in, it just can't seem to grow any bigger. Finally though, April has a revelation once it reaches route 212 and feels rain falling on it's petals. Rain! That's what she's been missing, rain! And probably sun too, now that she thinks of it. At this point you can teach April either Sunny Day or Rain Dance. After learning either of these moves April can evolve into Roserade. April now celebrates in her chosen weather, and as such you must teach her Weather Ball (give a heart scale to the move relearner in Pastoria) as soon as possible after evolving. After this she feels like spreading her weather to the world! Have her solo any gym after evolving to Roserade, making sure to keep your weather up for the entire battle.

Plz no E4 solos
Edit: While I'm at it, No solo Fantina with a Take Down Beldum either. (An out-evil Treadshot mon)

Grassblade, I'll give you Cherish the Chatot. This little bird cherishes hope till the very last moment and may therefore only use potions or switch out when in red health. In addition to that Cherish is ofcourse a singing bird with a reputation of being very loud, he likes to keep that up and must therefore use Hyper Voice in any trainer battle he joins, including e4 and gyms.

PS: First time giving out a scramblemon, is this too hard?

@Grassblade, take a budew and name it April. April starts out as a sprouting Budew, fresh and new but fragile. As such, to prevent undue damage to your newborn friend you must switch it out of battle any time it reaches red HP. If it should ever faint as a Budew, you must immediately recover it at a Pokemon center before proceeding any further, and then not use it in the next 3 trainer battles to allow it to recuperate. But this won't do for April. April wants to grow and be stronger! As such, in order to evolve it must use Growth on 6 different routes, so it can take in the nutrients from each of the areas and get enough to grow to the next stage.

After it does that it can evolve into a Roselia, a beautiful flower. But April still feels like it has more room to grow! In an attempt to grow more, it uses Growth at the start of every battle it appears in, but to no avail. No matter how many nutrients it takes in, it just can't seem to grow any bigger. Finally though, April has a revelation once it reaches route 212 and feels rain falling on it's petals. Rain! That's what she's been missing, rain! And probably sun too, now that she thinks of it. At this point you can teach April either Sunny Day or Rain Dance. After learning either of these moves April can evolve into Roserade. April now celebrates in her chosen weather, and as such you must teach her Weather Ball (give a heart scale to the move relearner in Pastoria) as soon as possible after evolving. After this she feels like spreading her weather to the world! Have her solo any gym after evolving to Roserade, making sure to keep your weather up for the entire battle.

@Jinzha; no that seems like a nice simple, well balenced challenge. It IS a Chatot though, and as such might be a little hard just by virtue of that alone. It's certainly not brutal though, not bad for your first one.

Right, though my FireRed Scramblocke is going swimmingly, I'd like to line up my next challenge.

HeartGold Scramble!
Difficulty: Crazy-Difficult
Rules & Regulations:
1) No trading.
2) No drudgery, forced boredom (Solo eight million Ledyba to advance)
3) Pronounceable nicknames (So I can scream them in rage and attract odd looks)
4) Reserving the right to reject/request a change.
5) I'd like a starter.
6) Creativity is a must.
7) I'd like all the 'mons to fully evolve, at some point.
8) I'd like every gym to have a solo, or some restriction.
9) If I already have six mons, and you see that some gym is free, feel free to give a gym restriction (EG: No STAB moves)
10) Tentatively saying no Elite Four soloes. Restrictions will still apply, though.
11) Finally, try not to repeat types too much.

Gyms:
Falkner: Soloed by BurnMDread
Bugsy: Soloed by BurnMDread
Whitney: Soloed by RandomEvil
Morty: Soloed by Leaf as a Bayleef
Chuck: Soloed by Leaf as a Bayleef
Jasmine: Soloed by Maia
Pryce: Soloed by Sejuani
Clair: Soloed by RandomEvil

Brock: Soloed by Sejuani
Misty: Soloed by Hawaii with only Surf.
Lt. Surge: Soloed by BurnMDread
Erika: Soloed by RandomEvil
Janine: Soloed by BurnMDread
Sabrina: Soloed by Maia
Blaine: Soloed by RandomEvil
Blue: Soloed by BurnMDread

Meet the team:
Arceustar's Leaf the Chikorita (Also here) (Soloing my rival every time)
Jinzha's Hawaii the Chinchou
King Serperior's RandomEvil the Togepi
Luigiowns's Maia the Natu (Soloing Will)
Gamer4000's BurnMDread the Spinarak

Be creative, be fun, let's make this to be my best Scramble yet!
Away we go!

Reserving EvilRandom the Togepi

Trust me, when I am through, you will be bald [insert evil laughter here]

I hav to go now because I have math class in a couple of minutes =_=

Reserving a chikorita for endquote

How about this
Take leaf the chikorita (named after mine on HG)

Like mine, he has to have (ASAP):
one damaging grass move
one damaging normal move
one none-STAB damaging move
one status move

Also, (like mine), he has to evolve at Lv 24 into bayleef and Lv 45 to meganium

He also has to solo Morty and Chuck, (like mine), as a bayleef

One last rule: He has to be at the front of your party to catch all your Pokemon

I think that will work

EndQuote, take a Shroomish called Dusty.

Dusty just loves spreading his spores everywhere they can reach, and shows this ability off whenever he can. Naturally, he is a proud champion of the Effect Spore ability.

Dusty loves showing off his status-inducing abilities to anybody who meets him, and considers this to be more important than any trivial issues such as battling. He therefore refuses to deal damage to any Pokémon he fights until it has been statused by either Effect Spore or one of his own moves. He also sees his spore moves as more important than anything else, and must know at least two of Stun Spore, PoisonPowder and Spore (as soon as possible), while neglecting other status moves; they're all banned.

Other than his prideful behaviour, Dusty grows up like any other Shroomish, until after a while he notices the other Shroomish changing. They're practicing their martial arts, preparing themselves for evolution to Breloom long before it actually happens. Well, Dusty isn't like that. He refuses to train with the others, preferring to practice his status-inducing tactics alone. He resolves to not allow himself to evolve until he has mastered the art and learned Spore.

Of course, this resolve comes at the price of strength, and Dusty realises that, for now at least, he is weaker than the Fighting strength of the Breloom. To show he's still got it, and doesn't need anything as frivolous as Mach Punch or DynamicPunch, he must solo the Fighting gym in Cianwood.

To summarise:

- Must have Effect Spore
- Cannot damage opposing Pokémon until they have been statused by Effect Spore or one of his attacks.
- Must know at least two of the following as soon as possible: Stun Spore, PoisonPowder, Spore
- Cannot learn or use any other move that induces a status. Leech Seed is okay.
- Cannot evolve until he has learned Spore
- Must solo the entire Fighting gym in Cianwood

Hope that's reasonably difficult. I can certainly tweak it if need be. :)

Reserving Hawaii the Chinchou for Endquote

Hawaii is an island famous for it's surfers. This chinchou too is famous for surfing. Chinchou can't fight at all, it just feels too weak. But then it learns Surf! Chinchou loves surfing, and when he notices how rare the move surf is, he just loves it even more! Everytime you face a water pokemon, Hawaii must use surf at least once(even when it has water absorb, or any similar abilities). This only counts for trainerowned water pokemons, and does not necessary mean you have to solo this pokemon. There is one moment where it does mean solo after using surf on a trainerowned water pokemon: Misty. Whenever a water pokemon has to be solod by another pokemon, Hawaii doesn't have to use surf, Chuck's Poliwrath for example. Surf is not just a move though, it's an HM. When surfing, Hawaii must always be in front in your team. You might have noticed how important surf is to Hawaii, it is so important to him that he does not trust any other water moves. When you try to change his mind by explaining the importance of STAB, your smart little Hawaii will dedicate his 3 other movespots to three electric moves! Hawaii may evolve when he has 3 good electric moves, how do you test moves though? By using them! When you use the move enough times to make it run out of pp, it's considered good.

Summary:
-Can't find untill it learns surf
-Must use surf on every trainer owned water pokemon, in the case of Misty's water pokemons they have to be completely solo'd.
-Must be in front of team when surfing
-Must have 3 electric moves
-May evolve after every electric move has run out of pp once.

PS: still new to this, is this about the right creativity and difficulty?

Sorry, Tetrinity, but I'm playing Heartgold, and Shroomish isn't catchable until after the Elite Four.
I also already have a Grass-type.
Thanks anyway, though.

Arceus, Leaf the Chikorita is a bit too easy, I think.
Could you possibly make it harder?

EDIT: Turns out, Shroomish can be caught in the Johto Safari Zone.
Because Tetrinity put a lot of work into Dusty, I'll accept it. (I can't hack, catching this is going to be a bitch.)

If you're sure. I seemed to think it'd be available in Ilex Forest for whatever reason, but ah well. Might be a bit much catching one though, it needs a lot of blocks being placed... I wouldn't blame you for just hacking one in, if you can. =/

Hmm. Alright, rediscovering this thread makes me want to take part myself. I'm requesting a medium-hard scramble for Platinum. Should be interesting, since I've only played through the first couple of gyms before now ;)

Only real restrictions are no trading and no vulgar nicknames. Other than that, go nuts!

Sorry, Tetrinity, but I'm playing Heartgold, and Shroomish isn't catchable until after the Elite Four.
I also already have a Grass-type.
Thanks anyway, though.

Arceus, Leaf the Chikorita is a bit too easy, I think.
Could you possibly make it harder?

EDIT: Turns out, Shroomish can be caught in the Johto Safari Zone.
Because Tetrinity put a lot of work into Dusty, I'll accept it.
Ok
Chikorita must solo silver on every encounter without items or SE moves
Also, when you learn a move through level up, you must let leaf learn it.
Solo red's Charizard using only your grass move and your status move
Is that hard enough

Reserved for Lola the Lopunny for Tetrinity

Lola is a Buneary at first, who lived a peaceful life in Eterna Forest. Lola was one of those jealous types though, blehh! There are two things she worries about; Speed and evolution. Whenever Lola is in a fight, and she gets outsped, she must use agility right away! One agility is usually enough to outspeed trainerowned pokemons(this restriction only counts for trainerowned pokes), but when not enough, use more agility! Lola can't stand being slower. Now for evolution.. Lola evolves into Lopunny when her happiness is high enough. Lame! Lola respects pokemon that evolve on high levels, and she therefore evolves at level 45 herself. That's better! As a Lopunny Lola is stronger and a little less worried about speed, she still likes the move agility though.

Summary:
-Must always keep agility, Lola loves speed.
-When outsped by a trainerowned pokemon, use agility! (Lola is less jealous when evolved, so this restriction ends then)
-May evolve at level 45

Is this medium difficulty? =P

Ok, Endquote, here is your evil Togepi by the name of RandomEvil!!

You are now taking a "Random Challenge" like no other!!! This will be the biggest and baddest one yet!!

You will face horror never seen before with Metronome. That is right, Metronome. I mean, what is a "Random Challenge" without Metronome?

One thing that cannot be done is SR until you get one with a good nature or ability. I dont care if you get Hustle as an ability with a Timid nature!!! You are NOT allowed to reset this!!

You may never hold a Sooth Bell because Evil does not need soothing!!!

Metronome is the keystone to this challenge and must be kept at all times. You will eventually use this pokemon to solo Clair, Whitney, Blaine, and Erika.

Metronome must be your sole attacking move. You can earn other moves if you solo a certain route:

1). Solo Union Cave and Slowpoke Well to learn ONE of the following moves - Follow me, Encore, Yawn, Sweet Kiss.
2). Solo Route 35, and The National park to learn ONE of the following moves - One non-damaging TM move.
3). Solo the route before Victory Road to learn ONE of the following moves - Baton Pass, Safeguard, Wish.

You may evolve RandomEvil when Metronome pulls all OHKO moves at least once:
1). Horn Drill
2). Sheer Cold
3). Fissure
4) Guillotine

Once you have evolved once, you can evolve again once Metronome pulls the level-up moveset of Dragonite on Gen. 4. Here are the moves that it must pull:
1). Fire Punch
2). Thunderpunch
3). Roost
4). Wrap
5). Leer
6). Thunder Wave
7). Twister
8). Dragon Rage
9). Slam
10). Agility
11). Aqua Tail
12). Dragon Rush
13). Safeguard (Ignore this is you chose to learn this move because Metronome cannot select moves already known by the user)
14). Dragon Dance
15). Wing Attack
16). Outrage
17). Hyper Beam

Finally, you have these restrictions as a Togetic and Togekiss:

Togetic - If it is EVER Ko'd, it gets angry at you and has to remove one non-Metronome move slot until you win the Goldenrod Lottery. You may not SR for this.

Togekiss - If it gets hit by a SE or Crittical hit, it must never switch out until it dies or wins!!

Have fun and good luck!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)