Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@User 18, Your updates are well written as always, but I'm noticing a disturbing trend. You know the concept of a "mary sue" in writting right? Well your character is showing a lot of signs of becoming one. Last chapter had you saving hundreds of people like it was no thing, and this chapter being the only one ever to win a tournament 6-0. Your character is constantly showered with praise from friends and foes alike. This is... just too much. I understand the games themselves do some of these things with making you so powerful and all, but you're kind of turning it up to eleven. I think you might want to dial back on that a bit; the self-indulgence is making it a little cringe -worthy to read.
I haven't heard the term, but I do understand the concept. I noticed the same trend myself, and scrapped a plotline that emphasized the character's heroism more in Silph Co. than the current one does.

The earthquakes, and specifically the destruction caused by the earthquakes, is a major plot point. Everything in regards to that will be revealed in time. Having shown that, it's definitely not in Red's character to walk away from the destruction without a backwards glance.

Exhausted as we were, my group had worked its way through the whole city.
Looking back, this part seems to me like the biggest culprit. If I flipped it turnways like so:
Exhausted as we were, my group, and others like it, had worked our separate ways through the whole city.
and made it more clear that it isn't just my character doing all the rescuing, that other people and their pokemon are helping as well, would that improve the story?

The only reason for 6-0 being such a big deal was to get the Strength HM without getting sucked into the side plot of the missing teeth. If you, or anyone else has a better idea for that segment, I will definitely revise that part of the plot. I was just trying to avoid unnecessary tangents, similar to how I omit >90% of the battles, and all my grinding.

Part of the issue is probably that this is my first time tackling anything approaching this length, and I've never gone through the process of trying to develop a character over the course of a story before. I really do appreciate all the feedback you in particular have given me, and I hope I'm properly showing my appreciation - human interaction isn't my personal forte.

@MagicMissingno: I'm sure I'm gonna have lots of fun imagery as well with my Togepi using Metronome and summoning a huge plant out of the ground, or assaulting its' opponent with psychic energy from its' mind. Been kinda busy with stuff, but I'll really get going with my HeartGold scramble during the weekend. :D

@MagicMissingno: I'm sure I'm gonna have lots of fun imagery as well with my Togepi using Metronome and summoning a huge plant out of the ground, or assaulting its' opponent with psychic energy from its' mind. Been kinda busy with stuff, but I'll really get going with my HeartGold scramble during the weekend. :D
Yeah, Metronome makes for some...interesting flavor sometimes - to the point where I try to minimize its use in major battles. Thankfully, it's not a required move for me, and I get rid of it entirely in 5 levels.

Yeah, Metronome makes for some...interesting flavor sometimes - to the point where I try to minimize its use in major battles. Thankfully, it's not a required move for me, and I get rid of it entirely in 5 levels.
Hah, lucky you, I have to keep Metronome my entire game. Gonna be fun trying to describe my Togepi/tic/kiss, aptly named Random, using Explosion on Red's Snorlax or some such thing. O_O

At least I'm stuck with Assist so I can control what moves can come out of it.
Heh, true. Still, Metronome does have its' merits, but sometimes it can and will screw you over. Memento, Selfdestruct, Explosion are the suicide moves that rob the Pokemon of Exp, and Splash, Constrict, Bind, are horrible crap moves that you hope you don't get.

Oh, I had Memento get called once - it was kinda funny, but it would have really annoyed me in a solo. Another reason I try to stay away from Metronome.

Heh, true. Still, Metronome does have its' merits, but sometimes it can and will screw you over. Memento, Selfdestruct, Explosion are the suicide moves that rob the Pokemon of Exp, and Splash, Constrict, Bind, are horrible crap moves that you hope you don't get.
I've had Metronome give me Fire Blast against Flash Fire Pokémon before. I've also seen Explosion against a Ghost type and Healing Wish on the first move of a battle. Those are always fun.

^Hahahaha, omg. Metronome is a double-ended sword, but that's the whole fun of it! :D And the solos are gonna be touch and go, but when I type my updates up, I'm only going to tell of Random's SUCCESSFUL solos, not *failed 40 times against Misty's Lapras* lol.

@Stall, User 10, and Magic:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAJAJAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I cannot believe the humor of the fact that most of this page is discussions about my ScrambleMons!!!

Multi, Snap, and Random

Hahahhhahahahahahhahahahah!!

^Awww, don't you feel special, Serperior. :D Assist isn't as gimmicky as Metronome is, so you won't have random Explosion or Memento attacks popping up here and there. :P Assist is still kinda gimmicky, but you don't have access to every single move in the game, just the moves in your party.

^Awww, don't you feel special, Serperior. :D Assist isn't as gimmicky as Metronome is, so you won't have random Explosion or Memento attacks popping up here and there. :P Assist is still kinda gimmicky, but you don't have access to every single move in the game, just the moves in your party.
Which will make soloing the ghost type E4 member easier when I temporarily remove the fighting attacks from my team. I love infinite use TMs.

^Haha, lucky you. :P I have no choice in what moves Random chooses with Metronome.

Edit: HeartGold Scramble's going good so far, waiting 'til I get Word on my comp, then I'll type up a nice detail-y Chapter 1. There will be laughs, battles, and a first-hand look at Twilight's wrath and the chaos it brings about! O_O

Did you know: In generation 4, Metronome could not turn out as Assist, Chatter, Copycat, Counter, Covet, Destiny Bond, Detect, Endure, Feint, Focus Punch, Follow Me, Helping Hand, Me First, Mimic, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Protect, Sketch, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Struggle, Switcheroo, Thief, Trick, or any move that the user knows (eg. if you know psybeam, psybeam won't get used by metronome)

I was gonna have something happen to SF in Ecruteak City but I forgot he can't be used versus Ghost types. Before I caught Twilight, there was no avoiding that restriction, so I had to unfortunately have SF out against the then-wild Gastly, but I didn't attack it at all, and I just tossed balls until I caught Twilight. I couldn't avoid it. :|

@User18: Love your story, but I thought Erika's Gym was in Celadon City, where the EQ was. You keep mistaking Celadon City for Cerulean City. Cerulean City isn't anywhere near Celadon. :o And your character is kinda becoming a 'mary sue' character. Not really criticizing, I like the story, but I'm sure there should be some peoples that dislike your character. :p Blue's Raticate dying was a nice touch, shows the dark concept of Pokemon in a way. Not every Pokemon will survive their battles.

@User18: Love your story, but I thought Erika's Gym was in Celadon City, where the EQ was. You keep mistaking Celadon City for Cerulean City. Cerulean City isn't anywhere near Celadon. :o And your character is kinda becoming a 'mary sue' character. Not really criticizing, I like the story, but I'm sure there should be some peoples that dislike your character. :p Blue's Raticate dying was a nice touch, shows the dark concept of Pokemon in a way. Not every Pokemon will survive their battles.
Re. names: I often mix up words that have a similar shape and context. ie. Placs in Kanto, word shape Ce----n. THe other one I do it with is Veridian/Vermilion, but that's maybe less noticeable in the story because I spent less time in both those places.

Re. Mary Sue: You're absolutely right - Jimera pointed this out as well. I made a few comments about it of my own at the top of the page, and if you have any suggestions to minimize that effect, I'd appreciate if you'd share them. Suggestions on how to handle Silph would also be appreciated. It's hard to try and keep a character's heroism to a realistic level when the games build them up so much, especially when the game's end result is that you do defeat the E4 and become "The most powerful Trainer in the world!" Like I said before, I appreciate any criticism or feedback anyone gives me that helps me to become a better writer. It's something I really enjoy, and its really great when I write something that others enjoy reading.

Have Blue show extreme fury and animosity towards Red until becoming the Champion or later. If my Pokemon was killed, I'd be pissed off as all frigging hell at the person that did it, unintentionally or otherwise. Human interaction isn't my personal forte either, but I'm sure as hell gonna try with it during my HeartGold Scramble. Got most of it planned out already, and one monumental, devastating event has already happened in my character's journey.

And our heroine continues to battle!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
-Gwen’s Audio Journal, March 14th, 2012
Pokémon centers are the most convenient thing on the planet. I got a free Audino bone repair from the gym leader in town. I’ll thank him or her later. By the way, having Heal Pulse mend a broken bone HURTS LIKE HELL! I’m pretty sure I woke up everyone that was still sleeping. The police actually came by the Pokémon Center asking questions.
---
I met the gym leader in town, her name is Skyla. She went to the Celestial Tower, no I am not gonna make a Celestia joke, because she saw an injured Pokémon on top of it when she was flying. That place is rather infamous for being a host of Litwics, I hope she’s okay. I better check on her.
---
Man, I hate this tower. Tombstones everywhere really fill me with dread. I often feel that-AH! LITWIC!
---
As I was saying, I often feel that something will pop out from the graves and just eat me. I know it’s ridiculous, but-EEK!
---
Sorry, another Litwic. I know it’s ridiculous, but a zombie apocalypse is one of my worst fears. The fact that-CRAAAAAP!
---
The fact that things will rise from the grave and turn you into one just by biting you is incredibly unnerving to me. I guess I’ve read one too many grimdark fics. AYEE!
---
These Litwics -OH BUCK!
---
Two times in a row man! Two times in a row! I try to record stuff and Litwics keep flying into my faaaaaace!
---
Well Skyla healed the Pokémon on the top of the tower with no problems, so I’m heading back down.
---
FREAKING, HATE, LITWICS! At least Inferno evolved again.
---
Alright, it’s gym time and my team is all ready for-cannons? Seriously?
---
-dazily- I can see why Skyla wanted my leg to be healed for this, oi… I need some Tylenol.
---
(music plays)
Now that battle was a case of teamwork! My battle with Skyla was really boring at the start of it. Snap took care of Swoobat with Faint Attack while Inferno, and I kid you not, knocked out her Unephezant with a hug. I think the piggy had a crush on the bird. Anyways the really cool part happened when Skyla sent out her Swanna. Both Swanton and Tide got riled up. It was like both of them wanted to fight, which gave me an idea. Swanton was first up and used Leech Seed. I knew that Swanna had Aqua Ring so I had to put something to do passive damage to prevent it from healing off my team’s hard work. I switched to Tide next. I had her use Scald. It managed to burn Swanna, which was the point. Unfortunately Swanna managed to knock out Tide with a critical Air Slash. During this time I gave Swanton a piece of Evilotite to help with his defenses. I then gave him a dose of X Special to further protect him from Air Slash. Swanton then threw his Seed Bomb to bring down Swanna with all the damage that had been accumulating with the Leech Seed and the burn. N came to see me after my battle but I didn’t pay much attention to him. Well I tried but I was too worn out from being shot around by cannons to listen to what he had to say. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna pass out on this couch. –thud-
---
I just woke up from my forced nap to find something awesome. Swanton has evolved into a Semisage, but he still thinks he’s a swan.
---
-squeal- Alder just gave me the HM for Surf! He’s so awesome! Oh yeah, Cheren and I had another battle. His Pansear and Tranquil both evolved but nothing really special about that. Still, Alder gave me an HM! SWEET! Oh, that reminds me. I heard that a cave near Driftviel contains Axews. Having one of them on my team would be a great help. I’ll have to use Fly and Surf to get there though, and Tide hates using flying type moves. I guess I’ll have to catch a Tranquill or something.
---
Note to self, Tide makes a comfy seat.
---
That cave was pretty dark, good thing I have a flashlight. Anyways I found an Axew that looked like it was doing a riverdance. I figured it would fit right in with the rest of the team so I went and caught it. The Axew, whom I have named Aximat, loves to dance and always uses Dragon Dance when he comes out, but then he follows orders. At least Snap has more toys to play with in battle. I can’t wait to see how she uses Dragon Claw!
---
Hmm, I’m no expert but I think Tide should’ve evolved by now. Anyways Twist Mountain is kinda tough to climb, and I’m pretty fit too. At least I’m not getting shot out of cannons. My entire body is still sore from Skyla’s gym!
---
Well, I managed to get out of Twist Mountain, and you’ll never guess what happened! Aximat evolved into a Fraxure! I guess letting him battle so much gave him enough experience to evolve, but I didn’t expect him to evolve the day I caught him! He also does numerous dances when he uses Dragon Dance. So far he has done four breakdances, seven riverdances, a number of dances I don’t know of, and even the Thriller dance once! He’s quite a sight.
---
Why does Icirrus C-c-c-city have to have an i-i-i-ice gym? At least-t-t-t-t sliding on ice is f-f-f-fun, until I st-t-t-tart to spin. –retches- My poor b-b-b-body.
---
(music plays)
Ahhh, it feels so good to take a hot bath after being in a cold place. Brycen wasn’t too hard to beat either, despite wanting to throw up the whole time due to spinning all over the place and being super cold. First up was his Vanillish against Snap, and boy this fight was hilarious. After Fake Out, Snap pulled out Dragon Dance from the grab bag of Assist, but this wasn’t an ordinary dance. She, and I kid you not, did the exact same dance Pinkie Pie did when Fluttershy sang Evil Enchantress, complete with a tongue sticking out! -Gwen laughs for a full minute- It was so hilarious. Anyways, the next thing she did was turn into a kitty ball and bowl over the living ice cream cone a few times to get it to faint, although it did get a few shots in with Frost Breath. His Beartic was up next. It dodged the Rollout and knocked out Snap with Slash. I sent out Inferno. Beartic used Swagger on Inferno to confuse him, but thankfully he managed to pull out Brick Break. Brycen sent out his last Pokémon, a Cryogonal. Inferno unfortunately knocked himself out as Cryogonal put up a Reflect barrier. Not even thinking about Seismic, whom also had Brick Break, I pulled out Tide. I chose Tide because she’s the only member of the team, other than Inferno and Snap, that can use special attacks. I had her use Scald and it burned the thing. I know Surf does more damage, but I like passive damage. The snowflake retaliated with Aurora Beam and nearly knocked out Tide with a critical hit! Thankfully she pulled off Surf and hit it with a massive wall of ice. It didn’t knock out Cryogonal, but the burn Tide gave it finished the job. I half expected Tide to evolve on the spot, but nothing happened. After I exited the gym I ran into Cheren and Bianca. We chatted a little until Brycen barged out of the gym yelling at someone. I thought he was losing it until The Shadow Triad appeared out of nowhere. They told me to go to Dragonspire Tower, but I’m sure Cheren and Brycen can handle whatever is going on up there. I’m just relaxing here at the Pokémon Center-
(music stops, an earthquake occurs, an explosion is heard)
What the hell was that?! Maybe I should check out Dragonspire Tower!
---
Wow… I’m at the tower and there is a pillar of fire at the top! Something is going on up there, and I’m gonna find out what!
---
Team Plasma is everywhere in here! There’s so many of them that Cheren and Brycen are being held back! I have to be careful when I battle though. One wrong move could destroy a pillar and potentially destroy the tower. That would kill everyone in here.
---
-pant- This tower is a tough climb, but it’s defiantly worth it because Seismic evolved… maybe that’s not such a good thing. On one hand it helps him contribute more, on the other hand it also fuels his… berserk mode and makes him into a stronger… threat. Hopefully I won’t have to face that again…
---
I… I am at a loss for words. N was at the top of the tower and behind him was a dragon of legend, Reshiram. I fell to my knees at the sight of it. I’m not a nerd, but mythology is an interest of mine and I know about the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom and the battle they had. It almost destroyed Unova. Now N has one of the two dragons at his disposal. With all that power behind him he has a very real chance of beating Alder. I need to get much stronger to have a chance of beating him. Brycen and Cheren came up and I told them all about what I saw. We headed down and I called Professor Juniper to ask for her advice. She said that my best bet was to find the Dark Stone which, according to legend, contains the spirit of Zekrom. My best lead is the Relic Castle in the Desert Resort. I’ll head there tomorrow. For now, all of us need some rest.

The team

Inferno the Emboar (Lv. 41)
Inferno once again shows how good he is at smashing chumps. Sporting a mixed set of Special and Physical attacks for any opponent brave enough to show its face. Inferno has been present for six out of seven gyms and has always made a contribution in them. Gwen shares a tight bond with him, being her starter Pokemon, and he might think of her as a sister.
Can only use attacks.
Must solo Marshal

Snap the Liepard (Lv. 40)
Ever since her evolution, Snap has been both a great contributor and source of hilarity to the team. With her Assist she draws a move from the team, and lately more often than not it has been a good move. Her tendency to use Fake Out has also helped with added damage, albeit minor it's still added damage and a free turn. Gwen thinks highly of Snap, but Snap doesn't really care, she just wants Gwen to watch her eat.
Can only use Assist, Fake Out, and Sucker Punch
Must max out SP's PP
Must solo the ghost E4 member

Swanton the Simisage (Lv. 40)
Swanton is arguably the worst member of the team, but he's still okay. His recent evolution should be enough to help with his problems so he can actually contribute with more than just Leech Seed. His happy-go-lucky nature often brings a smile to Gwen, especially when he swims.
Cannot use Acrobatics without an item

Seismic the Scrafty (Lv. 40)
One of the strongest members of the team, Scrafty is also the sturdiest. With good attacks and the ability to become stronger after every Pokemon knocked out, it's no surprise to see him take care of whatever comes his way. Unfortunately he has nothing but hate for ground types and frequently tries to kill them on sight. Gwen fears that he might go berserk again so she keeps him in his Pokeball around ground types.
Goes under Taunt and Block against ground type Pokemon
Must solo Ghestis's Seismitoad

Tide the Ducklett (Lv. 41)
The only fully unevolved member of the team, Tide still proves her worth. While not the best attacker, she is good at taking hits and burning opponents as her recent performances have shown. Gwen's still puzzled as to why she won't use non-water attacks, and why she won't evolve. All things aside Gwen's happy to have her on the team.
Evolves at level 45
Must use only water moves until then
Must have one water and one flying move after evolving
Must solo Caitlin

Aximat the Fraxure (Lv. 39)
The newest member of the team has yet to prove himself, although he shows a very high amount of potential what with evolving in a single day. So far Gwen thinks he's pretty neat with all of his dances.
Must learn Swords Dance, Brick Break, and Poison Jab
Must solo Iris
Must solo Ghestis's Buffalant and Bisharp

I actually did solo Skyla's Swanna, but it was a boring mess of healing every turn and waiting for Leech Seed to KO her Swanna so I changed the story to be more entertaining.

Sorry to RBZW but I couldn't get Aximat before the Cheren fight. I also renamed him Aximat because it wouldn't be in Gwen's character to call him Axemaster.

I also added a challenge to Seismic for storyline purposes.

And our heroine continues to battle!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
-Gwen’s Audio Journal, March 14th, 2012
Pokémon centers are the most convenient thing on the planet. I got a free Audino bone repair from the gym leader in town. I’ll thank him or her later. By the way, having Heal Pulse mend a broken bone HURTS LIKE HELL! I’m pretty sure I woke up everyone that was still sleeping. The police actually came by the Pokémon Center asking questions.
---
I met the gym leader in town, her name is Skyla. She went to the Celestial Tower, no I am not gonna make a Celestia joke, because she saw an injured Pokémon on top of it when she was flying. That place is rather infamous for being a host of Litwics, I hope she’s okay. I better check on her.
---
Man, I hate this tower. Tombstones everywhere really fill me with dread. I often feel that-AH! LITWIC!
---
As I was saying, I often feel that something will pop out from the graves and just eat me. I know it’s ridiculous, but-EEK!
---
Sorry, another Litwic. I know it’s ridiculous, but a zombie apocalypse is one of my worst fears. The fact that-CRAAAAAP!
---
The fact that things will rise from the grave and turn you into one just by biting you is incredibly unnerving to me. I guess I’ve read one too many grimdark fics. AYEE!
---
These Litwics -OH BUCK!
---
Two times in a row man! Two times in a row! I try to record stuff and Litwics keep flying into my faaaaaace!
---
Well Skyla healed the Pokémon on the top of the tower with no problems, so I’m heading back down.
---
FREAKING, HATE, LITWICS! At least Inferno evolved again.
---
Alright, it’s gym time and my team is all ready for-cannons? Seriously?
---
-dazily- I can see why Skyla wanted my leg to be healed for this, oi… I need some Tylenol.
---
(music plays)
Now that battle was a case of teamwork! My battle with Skyla was really boring at the start of it. Snap took care of Swoobat with Faint Attack while Inferno, and I kid you not, knocked out her Unephezant with a hug. I think the piggy had a crush on the bird. Anyways the really cool part happened when Skyla sent out her Swanna. Both Swanton and Tide got riled up. It was like both of them wanted to fight, which gave me an idea. Swanton was first up and used Leech Seed. I knew that Swanna had Aqua Ring so I had to put something to do passive damage to prevent it from healing off my team’s hard work. I switched to Tide next. I had her use Scald. It managed to burn Swanna, which was the point. Unfortunately Swanna managed to knock out Tide with a critical Air Slash. During this time I gave Swanton a piece of Evilotite to help with his defenses. I then gave him a dose of X Special to further protect him from Air Slash. Swanton then threw his Seed Bomb to bring down Swanna with all the damage that had been accumulating with the Leech Seed and the burn. N came to see me after my battle but I didn’t pay much attention to him. Well I tried but I was too worn out from being shot around by cannons to listen to what he had to say. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna pass out on this couch. –thud-
---
I just woke up from my forced nap to find something awesome. Swanton has evolved into a Semisage, but he still thinks he’s a swan.
---
-squeal- Alder just gave me the HM for Surf! He’s so awesome! Oh yeah, Cheren and I had another battle. His Pansear and Tranquil both evolved but nothing really special about that. Still, Alder gave me an HM! SWEET! Oh, that reminds me. I heard that a cave near Driftviel contains Axews. Having one of them on my team would be a great help. I’ll have to use Fly and Surf to get there though, and Tide hates using flying type moves. I guess I’ll have to catch a Tranquill or something.
---
Note to self, Tide makes a comfy seat.
---
That cave was pretty dark, good thing I have a flashlight. Anyways I found an Axew that looked like it was doing a riverdance. I figured it would fit right in with the rest of the team so I went and caught it. The Axew, whom I have named Aximat, loves to dance and always uses Dragon Dance when he comes out, but then he follows orders. At least Snap has more toys to play with in battle. I can’t wait to see how she uses Dragon Claw!
---
Hmm, I’m no expert but I think Tide should’ve evolved by now. Anyways Twist Mountain is kinda tough to climb, and I’m pretty fit too. At least I’m not getting shot out of cannons. My entire body is still sore from Skyla’s gym!
---
Well, I managed to get out of Twist Mountain, and you’ll never guess what happened! Aximat evolved into a Fraxure! I guess letting him battle so much gave him enough experience to evolve, but I didn’t expect him to evolve the day I caught him! He also does numerous dances when he uses Dragon Dance. So far he has done four breakdances, seven riverdances, a number of dances I don’t know of, and even the Thriller dance once! He’s quite a sight.
---
Why does Icirrus C-c-c-city have to have an i-i-i-ice gym? At least-t-t-t-t sliding on ice is f-f-f-fun, until I st-t-t-tart to spin. –retches- My poor b-b-b-body.
---
(music plays)
Ahhh, it feels so good to take a hot bath after being in a cold place. Brycen wasn’t too hard to beat either, despite wanting to throw up the whole time due to spinning all over the place and being super cold. First up was his Vanillish against Snap, and boy this fight was hilarious. After Fake Out, Snap pulled out Dragon Dance from the grab bag of Assist, but this wasn’t an ordinary dance. She, and I kid you not, did the exact same dance Pinkie Pie did when Fluttershy sang Evil Enchantress, complete with a tongue sticking out! -Gwen laughs for a full minute- It was so hilarious. Anyways, the next thing she did was turn into a kitty ball and bowl over the living ice cream cone a few times to get it to faint, although it did get a few shots in with Frost Breath. His Beartic was up next. It dodged the Rollout and knocked out Snap with Slash. I sent out Inferno. Beartic used Swagger on Inferno to confuse him, but thankfully he managed to pull out Brick Break. Brycen sent out his last Pokémon, a Cryogonal. Inferno unfortunately knocked himself out as Cryogonal put up a Reflect barrier. Not even thinking about Seismic, whom also had Brick Break, I pulled out Tide. I chose Tide because she’s the only member of the team, other than Inferno and Snap, that can use special attacks. I had her use Scald and it burned the thing. I know Surf does more damage, but I like passive damage. The snowflake retaliated with Aurora Beam and nearly knocked out Tide with a critical hit! Thankfully she pulled off Surf and hit it with a massive wall of ice. It didn’t knock out Cryogonal, but the burn Tide gave it finished the job. I half expected Tide to evolve on the spot, but nothing happened. After I exited the gym I ran into Cheren and Bianca. We chatted a little until Brycen barged out of the gym yelling at someone. I thought he was losing it until The Shadow Triad appeared out of nowhere. They told me to go to Dragonspire Tower, but I’m sure Cheren and Brycen can handle whatever is going on up there. I’m just relaxing here at the Pokémon Center-
(music stops, an earthquake occurs, an explosion is heard)
What the hell was that?! Maybe I should check out Dragonspire Tower!
---
Wow… I’m at the tower and there is a pillar of fire at the top! Something is going on up there, and I’m gonna find out what!
---
Team Plasma is everywhere in here! There’s so many of them that Cheren and Brycen are being held back! I have to be careful when I battle though. One wrong move could destroy a pillar and potentially destroy the tower. That would kill everyone in here.
---
-pant- This tower is a tough climb, but it’s defiantly worth it because Seismic evolved… maybe that’s not such a good thing. On one hand it helps him contribute more, on the other hand it also fuels his… berserk mode and makes him into a stronger… threat. Hopefully I won’t have to face that again…
---
I… I am at a loss for words. N was at the top of the tower and behind him was a dragon of legend, Reshiram. I fell to my knees at the sight of it. I’m not a nerd, but mythology is an interest of mine and I know about the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom and the battle they had. It almost destroyed Unova. Now N has one of the two dragons at his disposal. With all that power behind him he has a very real chance of beating Alder. I need to get much stronger to have a chance of beating him. Brycen and Cheren came up and I told them all about what I saw. We headed down and I called Professor Juniper to ask for her advice. She said that my best bet was to find the Dark Stone which, according to legend, contains the spirit of Zekrom. My best lead is the Relic Castle in the Desert Resort. I’ll head there tomorrow. For now, all of us need some rest.

The team

Inferno the Emboar (Lv. 41)
Inferno once again shows how good he is at smashing chumps. Sporting a mixed set of Special and Physical attacks for any opponent brave enough to show its face. Inferno has been present for six out of seven gyms and has always made a contribution in them. Gwen shares a tight bond with him, being her starter Pokemon, and he might think of her as a sister.
Can only use attacks.
Must solo Marshal

Snap the Liepard (Lv. 40)
Ever since her evolution, Snap has been both a great contributor and source of hilarity to the team. With her Assist she draws a move from the team, and lately more often than not it has been a good move. Her tendency to use Fake Out has also helped with added damage, albeit minor it's still added damage and a free turn. Gwen thinks highly of Snap, but Snap doesn't really care, she just wants Gwen to watch her eat.
Can only use Assist, Fake Out, and Sucker Punch
Must max out SP's PP
Must solo the ghost E4 member

Swanton the Simisage (Lv. 40)
Swanton is arguably the worst member of the team, but he's still okay. His recent evolution should be enough to help with his problems so he can actually contribute with more than just Leech Seed. His happy-go-lucky nature often brings a smile to Gwen, especially when he swims.
Cannot use Acrobatics without an item

Seismic the Scrafty (Lv. 40)
One of the strongest members of the team, Scrafty is also the sturdiest. With good attacks and the ability to become stronger after every Pokemon knocked out, it's no surprise to see him take care of whatever comes his way. Unfortunately he has nothing but hate for ground types and frequently tries to kill them on sight. Gwen fears that he might go berserk again so she keeps him in his Pokeball around ground types.
Goes under Taunt and Block against ground type Pokemon
Must solo Ghestis's Seismitoad

Tide the Ducklett (Lv. 41)
The only fully unevolved member of the team, Tide still proves her worth. While not the best attacker, she is good at taking hits and burning opponents as her recent performances have shown. Gwen's still puzzled as to why she won't use non-water attacks, and why she won't evolve. All things aside Gwen's happy to have her on the team.
Evolves at level 45
Must use only water moves until then
Must have one water and one flying move after evolving
Must solo Caitlin

Aximat the Fraxure (Lv. 39)
The newest member of the team has yet to prove himself, although he shows a very high amount of potential what with evolving in a single day. So far Gwen thinks he's pretty neat with all of his dances.
Must learn Swords Dance, Brick Break, and Poison Jab
Must solo Iris
Must solo Ghestis's Buffalant and Bisharp

I actually did solo Skyla's Swanna, but it was a boring mess of healing every turn and waiting for Leech Seed to KO her Swanna so I changed the story to be more entertaining.

Sorry to RBZW but I couldn't get Aximat before the Cheren fight. I also renamed him Aximat because it wouldn't be in Gwen's character to call him Axemaster.

I also added a challenge to Seismic for storyline purposes.
Okay, so since you can't do the Evolution battle for Aximat... you have to solo 3 trainers in Brycen's gym... and have to defeat his Beartic. It then may evolve. However, because you didn't use it in the Cheren battle, it has to remain a Fraxure until Iris, and has to solo the Relic Castle (with Team Plasma) without using any Super Effective or STAB Moves.
I hope that you accept this, as it took ages to find the original post.
good luck

EDIT: StallMandibuzz, have you found Shuckle yet? Also, if you have, how is it? Annoying enough? :)

Dammit! Just solo the Relic Castle and all the trainers in Iris' gym.
I can't think of anything else.
...Make it Iris' Gym, not the trainers. You have to beat her anyways, due to the specific Challange that you chose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)