Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Yep, I thought I did say no evo restrictions, but i'll accept it because it looks fun

Edit:

I'll start and liberate one of Wobbanaut's pokemon

I'll take
Heavy the Tepig he must always have the move Heat Crash and use it before he uses any other attack. He must have a speed lowering item always attached or ha can't evolve into Emboar solo 1 Gym leader only using Heat Crash
And the easiest challenge I've given out apart from Fierce the Starly well I understand you didn't want to scroll through a 100 pages lol

I'll reserve for you, gonna give you an elaborate Pokèmon that has a long, detailed backstory. :3 Snce I'm too late to give Level 51 a Pokèmon, I'll give one to bidoof. I'll edit later on.

So do you have a free spot Skyshade? If you do I'll write something up for you. You're also obviously free to take Matilda if Level 51 doesn't want the poor guy.
Additionally, I feel like attempting one of these. I'll be playing White, and I want easy-medium challenges, with a strong preference for characters with elaborate or interesting backstories or quirks. Please no "can never evolve to final form" challenges, but feel free to make me work for that evolution. I'd also like one of Stunfisk/Zebstrika/Maractus/Braviary/Lilligant if possible, but feel free to suggest anything. If I can be bothered, I'll be training these up to beat the champion, so I'd quite like to have one Pokemon I won't get until after N.

FastFlygon, catch yourself a Blitzle and name him Megawatt.
This Blitzle manages to get his hooves on your Pokedex, and decides to follow it blindly.
Black Pokedex said:
Its mane shines when it discharges electricity. They use their flashing manes to communicate with one another.
As a Blitzle, Megawatt attempts to communicate with all other Blitzle/Zebstrika he sees.
He must switch in and use an Electric-type move, then solo them or die trying (Unless this conflicts with another solo).
He must solo Elesa to evolve.

After he evolves...
Black Pokedex said:
They have lightning-like movements. When Zebstrika run at full speed, the sound of thunder reverberates.
As a Zebstrika, he loves summoning thunder from above.
He must always use Flame Charge or Quick Attack on the first action in any battle, and can never forget these two moves.
In addition, if hit with a move that lowers his speed, he can use only Quick Attack or Flame Charge for the rest of the battle.

He must solo three Pokemon in the Elite Four.
Good luck!

Reserving a Shuckle for FastFlygon.

EDIT: Take Tricky the Shuckle.

Tricky is in love with Power Trick. So, it must always use Power Trick at the beginning of each battle. It is also afraid of fainting, so it must use Rest every time it is in red health. Once you do this 5 times, you may learn Power Split, to overcome that low Defense. Now use Power Split first every battle. Get rid of Power Trick. Your final movepool will be Defense Curl/Rollout/Rest/Power Split. Solo Volcarona.

So do you have a free spot Skyshade? If you do I'll write something up for you. You're also obviously free to take Matilda if Level 51 doesn't want the poor guy.
Additionally, I feel like attempting one of these. I'll be playing White, and I want easy-medium challenges, with a strong preference for characters with elaborate or interesting backstories or quirks. Please no "can never evolve to final form" challenges, but feel free to make me work for that evolution. I'd also like one of Stunfisk/Zebstrika/Maractus/Braviary/Lilligant if possible, but feel free to suggest anything. If I can be bothered, I'll be training these up to beat the champion, so I'd quite like to have one Pokemon I won't get until after N.

Already started, working on beating Elesa right now

Chapter 10 of Ruby is (finally) up!

I had a lot of trouble finishing this thanks to my AP exam (which was today), but I finally got my act together and finished it. In this episode, shit happens. I don't want to spoil it for you, but suffice to say that an encounter with Team Magma at the Ocean Museum brings back a few unpleasant memories.

Also, if you have not voted for the Scramble Awards, please do so! The options are in the Social Group, so make your voice heard via PM!

EDIT: @KS: It doesn't matter if something similar was written recently, just write what you want. Tell the story that you want to tell.

Wow... Very nice Chapter, Skarm, quite dark. I have something planned like that as well, although mine isn't going to be as cut and dry as Maxie killing Larsen. Probably going to have it in my HG Scramble, and my Black Scramblocke is going to be full of surprises. Again, I apologize to everyone for not getting a Chapter out in over a month. D: I'm working on it though.

And finally giving bidoof his Pokémon, editing now.

bidoof, take Astoria the Gastly. Now, Astoria was a noblewoman in ancient times before the present, living in the Old Chateau with her daughter, her butler, and her girlfriend. That's right, Astoria was lesbian. Now, because she liked women, a corrupt police cop that once tried to hit on her ended up going into the Chateau and slaughtering everybody but the girlfriend inside, Astoria included. Her daughter and butler were turned into spirits that haunted the Chateau ever since, but Astoria was turned into a Gastly. Now unable to tell her lover that she was murdered by a cop, her lover hung herself in grief. Now zoom four hundred years to present times. You're looking around in the Chateau, when you spot a Gastly, forlorn and unwilling to do anything. Once you catch her, you realize that all is not what it seems with this Gastly. You do not know she is the spirit of a noblewoman yet, but that will be revealed in due time. First off, she refuses to attack female Pokémon unless she absolutely has to, while she vengefully attacks male Pokémon. Due to a cop killing her when human, she absolutely despises all cops, and must destroy all of their Pokémon. In addition, due to her not knowing how to use her new powers, she can't use moves with a BP of 80 or more. Once she evolves into a Haunter, Astoria will fall in love with another Pokémon (must be female), who, in a twist of fate, will be Astoria's lover from before she was murdered. Now, Astoria is renewed, and she vows to protect her lover. If her lover is in red health, Astoria will switch in to let her heal up. In order to evolve into a Gengar, she must defeat Maylene, who is unfortunately related to the corrupt cop that killed her. And finally, have fun.

Recap----
-Catch a female Gastly, name her Astoria
-Cannot use moves above 80BP
-Hates male Pokémon, likes female Pokémon
-Hates cops and must solo them all
-No restrictions to evolve into Haunter, solo Maylene to evolve into Gengar
-Designate a female Pokémon, is Astoria's lost lover. Must switch in if lover is in low health to let her heal
-GLHF

DISCLAIMER: I am not female, and I am not attempting to offend anyone. It's just a simple Scramble Challange, with a very elaborate backstory.

Totodile (so far nameless, anyone have any ideas?) - credit to shinyskarmory

Riptide the Gyarados - credit to EndQuote

BullHardy the Tauros - credit to King Serperior

Indecisive the Nidoran (male) - credit to lugiowns

Snips the Krabby - credit to The QWAZ

Shear the Gastly - credit to Treadshot A1 (randomly generated from a selection of Alakazam/Ampharos/Crobat/Gengar/Heracross/Yanmega)

I will probably start later today, and update about once every week, depending on how much I play. Notice how all my Pokémon are, at this point, at the start of their evolution line, except for Gyarados, which I will have to catch from the Lake of Rage. Pretty excited for my first Scramble in a year!

Edit: I just now noticed I have three water-types, all with a focus on physical... Oh well, can't really go wrong with water-types.

Alright so my team is:

EDIT: Also reserving for Bidoof Rocks.

Bidoof Rocks, take a...Bidoof. And name it Moody. Obviously, the ability Moody was banned by Smogon not because it was overpowered and added too much luck to the game, but because it made Bibarel able to humiliate them and their painstakingly copied Tyranitar/Scizor/Heatran cores. But now you get a chance to experience the power of Moody for yourself.

As soon as possible, your Bidoof must know 3 boosting moves. Once it knows 3 stat boosting moves it may evolve into Bibarel. In both forms, you must alternate turns with using moves to effectively simulate Moody; on the turn you switch in, use a randomly chosen boosting move; the next turn, attack or heal, and so on. Solo a Gym Leader of your choice with this restriction and 3 boosting moves, and you may replace one of your pure boosting moves with another move, though that move must still raise your stats, it may also do damage.

Have fun!
Kinda saw a Bidoof coming. Seems like he doesn't learn a lot of boosting moves, but a set of amnesia, double team and curse should probably do the trick. Hope I'll catch it with simple, atleast then it should be able to do something. Going to try to solo Gardenia so I can use charge beam when I get it.

Reserving

Edit: Your starter is going to be CptSlow the Turtwig. Despite his name, this Turtwig thinks he's a speedy mofo, but besides that, he is also very childish. This means that he's only willing to battle opponents that are slower than him, and goes out of the way of faster opponents (by means of switching out). If, however, he is not the first one to attack in a 1v1, you will have to replace one of his moves by a new one, since CptSlow loses morale upon losing races (priority moves don't count in this, since CptSlow considers this to be childish and unfair. This clause goes into effect once you catch your second Pokémon). To prove his worth, CptSlow needs to solo two gymleaders of choice.

Recap:
- Take CptSlow the Turtwig as your starter
- Can only battle opponents that are slower than him
- If he ends up losing a race for first attack, replace a move
- Solo two gymleaders of choice
-Added: Can't have the same move twice
Good luck!
Seems very interesting, hope I won't get a -speed nature, I'll probably have to save up on tm's a bit and I'll add the rule of not allowed to have the same attack twice after losing one. I'm going to try and solo Roark and then either Byron or Volkner.

Reserving for bidoof rocks, assuming medium difficulty. :)

Edit: bidoof rocks, take a Shellos called Wallow.

Wallow simply adores mud. Can't get enough of the stuff. If there were competitions for liking mud the most, he'd take a landslide victory every time.

Since Wallow is so obsessed with the stuff, he must know at least two moves that mention mud as soon as possible. While mud is a combination of water and dirt, too much water will wash Wallow's mud away; if Wallow uses or is hit by a Water-type attack, his next move must be a mud move in order to replenish his supply. This restriction doesn't apply if the Water-type move used was Muddy Water.

To evolve into Gastrodon, Wallow must prove that mud is thicker than water; solo Crasher Wake, ignoring the Water-type attack restriction when fighting Gyarados.

Note: The choices for mud moves are Mud-Slap, Mud Sport, Mud Bomb and Muddy Water. If you catch a Shellos at lv11 or higher then you'll miss out on Mud Slap and you'll be stuck with Mud Sport for quite a while. The first area where you can catch them has Shellos in the range 9-12.

Also, I'm really sorry about the "mud is thicker than water" pun. That was truly abysmal.
Whaha, if he doesn't have storm drain, he will be a pain in the ass, I'm hoping for a good HP type, though I'll probably end up with water :P

Bidoof rocks: You get Shion the Espeon. Shion is based on the Magic Bounce Espeons seen often in the glory days of gen V competitive Pokémon battles. It must solo Fantina as an Eevee, Maylene as an Espeon. You must switch it in if you see a status move from the foe, except during a solo. It must also finish off at least three Pokémon belonging to the league.
Pretty straightforward, will probably get a lot of play as the random trainers just love status moves. Gym leaders shouldn't pose a problem as eevee luckily learns bite.

Reserving for bidoof rocks. Will edit in ASAP.
EDIT: bidoof rocks, take Eggless the Chansey. Chansey, as you know, are known for their delicious eggs, as well as their caring nature. However, the one you caught has a genetic defect that blocked the production of her ovaries, meaning that she can never lay eggs, thus she can never learn/know an egg-related move (Egg Bomb, Softboiled, etc.). She must also hold an Oval Stone at all times, and if it is taken from her by any means, she must switch out immediately for the duration of the battle. Eggless, due to her unfortunate disability, was shunned by her colleagues, so she must Solo every Chansey you fight. Because she was forbidden from breeding with other Pokemon, she is quite agressive, and must know at least 2 attacking moves, one of which must be Normal-Type. To evolve, Solo 5 wild Chansey, so she can finally put the incident behind her.
Doubleslap Chansey here I come. Since it can't heal in any way, I think I'll give it healing wish so it can atleast heal someone else. Having a low encounter rate it'll probably take a while to get one, let alone be able to evolve it.

And finally giving bidoof his Pokémon, editing now.

bidoof, take Astoria the Gastly. Now, Astoria was a noblewoman in ancient times before the present, living in the Old Chateau with her daughter, her butler, and her girlfriend. That's right, Astoria was lesbian. Now, because she liked women, a corrupt police cop that once tried to hit on her ended up going into the Chateau and slaughtering everybody but the girlfriend inside, Astoria included. Her daughter and butler were turned into spirits that haunted the Chateau ever since, but Astoria was turned into a Gastly. Now unable to tell her lover that she was murdered by a cop, her lover hung herself in grief. Now zoom four hundred years to present times. You're looking around in the Chateau, when you spot a Gastly, forlorn and unwilling to do anything. Once you catch her, you realize that all is not what it seems with this Gastly. You do not know she is the spirit of a noblewoman yet, but that will be revealed in due time. First off, she refuses to attack female Pokémon unless she absolutely has to, while she vengefully attacks male Pokémon. Due to a cop killing her when human, she absolutely despises all cops, and must destroy all of their Pokémon. In addition, due to her not knowing how to use her new powers, she can't use moves with a BP of 80 or more. Once she evolves into a Haunter, Astoria will fall in love with another Pokémon (must be female), who, in a twist of fate, will be Astoria's lover from before she was murdered. Now, Astoria is renewed, and she vows to protect her lover. If her lover is in red health, Astoria will switch in to let her heal up. In order to evolve into a Gengar, she must defeat Maylene, who is unfortunately related to the corrupt cop that killed her. And finally, have fun.
EDIT:there are no evolution restrictions, but Astoria has to solo Candice, noticing the Froslass, and once again, it confuses and enrages her as to why anyone would use Ghosts to fight. And once again, the gender issue doesn't count for her.

Recap----
-Catch a female Gastly, name her Astoria
-Cannot use moves above 80BP
-Hates male Pokémon, likes female Pokémon
-Hates cops and must solo them all
-No restrictions to evolve into Haunter, solo Candice to evolve into Gengar
-Designate a female Pokémon, is Astoria's lost lover. Must switch in if lover is in low health to let her heal
-GLHF

DISCLAIMER: I am not female, and I am not attempting to offend anyone. It's just a simple Scramble Challange, with a very elaborate backstory.
A lesbian Gastly... This is probably the most random and unique thing I have ever heard regarding to pokemon. One problem with this though is that Maylene already has to be solo'd by Espeon. Could you perhaps pick another leader? (Or even another evolution rule if you like.)

Thanks guys for the creative teams, I'll try to keep you updated and will start playing right now. ^^

Switch in, use electric move and solo all opposing Blitzle/Zebstrika
Solo Elesa to evolve
Zebstrika must know Flame Charge+Quick attack and use one at the start of every battle
If speed is lowered, only use Flame Charge and Quick Attack
Solo 3 Elite 4 Pokemon

Use power trick at the beginning of every battle
Rest whenever health is red
Do this 5 times to learn Power Split which replaces power trick, still use at the beginning of every battle
Defense Curl/Rollout/Rest/Power Split final moveset
solo Volcorona

A couple of questions. Does Megawatt still try to communicate as a Zebstrika, or is that restriction removed when he evolves? Also, I'm assuming Shuckle must use rest from red health five times to learn Power Split, right? Or should he just use Power Trick five times?
Still need four challenges! Once again, I prefer Pokemon with a backstory or explanation for their quirk; the stranger/more in-depth the better! I'd also like a Pokemon that I can get ahold of by the first random trainer encounter (route 2 I think) so that I'm not forced into using a starter for any battles; if it's something that can be caught on route one, even better.

@bidoof: Hah, your comment just really made my day. Glad you like my Challange. :) and how about she solos Fantina instead, due to her using Ghosts to battle, and it both confuses and enrages Astoria. Also, since Fantina has all female Pokèmon, the gender issue does not count for said battle.

@bidoof: Hah, your comment just really made my day. Glad you like my Challange. :) and how about she solos Fantina instead, due to her using Ghosts to battle, and it both confuses and enrages Astoria. Also, since Fantina has all female Pokèmon, the gender issue does not count for said battle.
Fantina also has to be solo'd already, by eevee to evolve, so except for those 2 and wake, they're all available. :)

Hmm.. Fine, there are no evolution restrictions, but Astoria has to solo Candice, noticing the Froslass, and once again, it confuses and enrages her as to why anyone would use Ghosts to fight. And once again, the gender issue doesn't count for her.

I am taking a short break from Scrambling to try something new:

A Nuzelocke.

Depending on how well my experience goes, I may or may now have updates foe a little while.

Sorry guys and gals >_>

If anyone cares, I am at the 2nd gym and no deaths yet.

Edit: Bugsey's Scyther was a ****!! Luckily Haxy the Togepi has a +Def nature.

No deaths!!

I am taking a short break from Scrambling to try something new:

A Nuzelocke.

Depending on how well my experience goes, I may or may now have updates foe a little while.

Sorry guys and gals >_>

If anyone cares, I am at the 2nd gym and no deaths yet.

Edit: Bugsey's Scyther was a ****!! Luckily Haxy the Togepi has a +Def nature.

No deaths!!
Ooh! Speaking of Nuzlockes, I've been meaning to start a 'semi-blind' Nuzlocke of Emerald Version. I've never played it, although I know the general principle of the game. I think I might make it a Scramblocke, as I've never done one before.

There would be no updates, it would just be a 'play-for-fun' deal. I'd probably post short progress reports after each gym or something, or report the death of a party member, but other than that, don't expect much.

I don't know for certain when I'll start, but I will begin accepting challenges now.

Rules:
1. It's a Scramblocke. No mandatory solos, i.e. solo of a gym leader or particular trainer. I will likely not be able to oblige. Request solos, or optional solos, will be done if possible.
2. I will be accepting 17 pokemon, one of each primary type. If ever I have to ask for more, I will do so.
3. No nicknames. It's a Nuzlocke, I give my own names.
4. Please limit yourself to Gen I or Gen III pokemon, no legendaries. My supply of Gen II pokemon is sadly lacking.
5. I will breed in and trade over eggs from Sapphire, hatch in Emerald, and begin my adventure with a party of 6. When I have need for a new party member, it will be brought to the average level of my party members (or as close as is feasible) in Sapphire, using the EXP share, then traded back to Emerald.
6. Keep the difficulty moderately to high. First ever run-through here.
7. I require a starter, just for simplicity's sake.
8. I reserve the right to veto any pokemon or modify these rules at any time in an effort to more completely describe what I am looking for. Let's see some good challenges people!

Chapter 2 of my Platinum 5th Day 5th Month Scramble is up! Still no Dice, but he'll show up next chapter, I promise!

Anyway, user 18, take a Mudkip.

This Mudkip is my method of returning the favor for the Mudkip you gave me for my Emerald Mono-Water Scramble, so it may never evolve. Fortunately, it's not expected to solo anything, but like the Mudkip you gave me, it cannot learn Surf or Ice Beam, nor can it battle in Flannery's gym.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)