Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@Obbmud99
I'd recommend Emerald, due to the fact that there are already 2 or 3 Sinnoh ones.
P.S. If you do go with Emerald, I'd like to reserve a spot.

Oh my, I kept forgetting to check up on this thread because of the new forum layout. Now I just hang around in the OU forums. I really regret not seeing what was happening here. Now I've got a lot of reading to catch up on, I missed giving KS a challenge for his prose scramble, and I missed the Scramble Awards (which I probably wouldn't have participated in anyway).

I should have the next chapter of my White Scramble up by Saturday.

Speaking of Emerald scrambles (or Scramblockes....)

I'm still waiting for challenges people!

I'm looking for a challenge for each type. All types but Fire, Water, Dark and Electric are still available.

Could I request a Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon challenge for my Ground type?

E: Ground's gone too. Thanks Arcticblast!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
user 18, I'll take that Trapinch.

Take a Trapinch. This Trapinch realizes that, despite being bugs, its evolutionary family lacks a Bug typing! In his anger, it may not evolve until landing the final blow on five Bug-type Pokemon of a similar level.* Once it evolves, it becomes aware of the fact that instead of a Bug typing, it has a Dragon typing. Who wouldn't want that? It must solo five Pokemon with Dragonbreath, and it must resist or be immune to one of their types (Fire, Poison, Rock, Electric). That is all.

*If this goes against your soloing rule, you don't have to follow it.

Speaking of Emerald scrambles (or Scramblockes....)

I'm still waiting for challenges people!

I'm looking for a challenge for each type. All types but Fire, Water, Dark and Electric are still available.

Could I request a Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon challenge for my Ground type?
Would it be okay if I submitted another one? If so, could I reserve a Psychic type?

EDIT: Okay then, I can wait. Anybody who wants to reserve a Psychic, go ahead.

Would it be okay if I submitted another one? If so, could I reserve a Psychic type?
If I don't have enough submissions 48 hours from now, I'll begin taking second submissions from people.

I think 5 days is fair to give everyone who wants to submit one a shot.

E: Does anyone know how to get email notification working? It's really annoying me.

Crud, I totally forgot about Jellicent and User 18's Mons. >_> My bad. :D Editing them now, for sure. :3

Jellicent, you get Ragin'! the Beedrill. I think you know what this Challange is going to be revolved around. That's right, Rage! Gen I was not kind to this move, and if it missed, your accuracy dropped to 0.01% or some extremely low number like that. Well, anyways, your Beedrill was picked on as a Weedle relentlessly by the other Bug-types in the forests for being the runt of the litter, and it infuriated the little fuzzball. There's only so much a Bug-type can take, huh? It wanted to evolve ASAP so it could get revenge! So every time you meet a Bug-type, Ragin'! must solo the Pokémon with just Rage, not able to switch, use items, or switch up attacks until the Bug-type or Ragin'! faints. But that's not all. Ragin'! also must solo a GL with a typing he is not SE against, defeating at least one of said GL's Pokémon with Rage. To show his rage, he must solo at least ten Trainer-owned Pokémon off using only Rage. GLHF. I can make it harder if you want me to. ;) Obviously, all restrictions start when you gain a Beedrill.

If I don't have enough submissions 48 hours from now, I'll begin taking second submissions from people.

I think 5 days is fair to give everyone who wants to submit one a shot.

E: Does anyone know how to get email notification working? It's really annoying me.
I'll reserve a Dragon, lemme eat something first

Edit:

Can't find the OP, could you post a link to it?

Epic fail...

[EDIT] Well. I guess I got gold medal.
Woops. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Still, I was right when I said my post ended the voting period. In 8 more posts the 200th page will begin! Not including this post, of course.

User18 if you need a Pokemon I'll give one. Just repost the OP.

As requested:
Ooh! Speaking of Nuzlockes, I've been meaning to start a 'semi-blind' Nuzlocke of Emerald Version. I've never played it, although I know the general principle of the game. I think I might make it a Scramblocke, as I've never done one before.

There would be no updates, it would just be a 'play-for-fun' deal. I'd probably post short progress reports after each gym or something, or report the death of a party member, but other than that, don't expect much.

I don't know for certain when I'll start, but I will begin accepting challenges now.

Rules:
1. It's a Scramblocke. No mandatory solos, i.e. solo of a gym leader or particular trainer. I will likely not be able to oblige. Request solos, or optional solos, will be done if possible.
2. I will be accepting 17 pokemon, one of each primary type. If ever I have to ask for more, I will do so.
3. No nicknames. It's a Nuzlocke, I give my own names.
4. Please limit yourself to Gen I or Gen III pokemon, no legendaries. My supply of Gen II pokemon is sadly lacking.
5. I will breed in and trade over eggs from Sapphire, hatch in Emerald, and begin my adventure with a party of 6. When I have need for a new party member, it will be brought to the average level of my party members (or as close as is feasible) in Sapphire, using the EXP share, then traded back to Emerald.
6. Keep the difficulty moderately to high. First ever run-through here.
7. I require a starter, just for simplicity's sake.
8. I reserve the right to veto any pokemon or modify these rules at any time in an effort to more completely describe what I am looking for. Let's see some good challenges people!
Thanks to everyone who's submitted and reserved so far.

E: 24 hours left before I open things up for people to submit a second 'mon.

I have challenges for Fire, Water, Electric, Dark and Ground, as well as reservations for Dragon and Bug.

StallMandibuzz and Treadshot also have reservations, with type unknown. @the two of you: If you have a type in mind, make a quick post so we don't get double coverage on a type.

Reserve ice for user 18

Take any ice type you wish (it must be able to evolve at some point). It must use only one attacking move of each type (physical and special), and the other moves must be status moves. You are only allowed to use moves in groups of 3. In other words, if you use a move, you must use it for the next two turns as well (no items or switching until the three turns has expired). Even if the move is ineffective (like three turns of Toxic), you'd still have to use it for three turns.

Oh, and make it hold an item that increases its ability in some way (Choice, Expert Belt, Blackglasses, etc.).

Noooo! Bounty has fallen! D:

On another note, I too have sustained a casualty or two, and to a damn Critical Hit at that too. :c I think I'm just going to start with my Scramblocke updates, and update regardless whether or not I fail.

D:

BOUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care if I asked how such a thing came about? Why you really didn't use Flapper or Soda?

Can someone recommend good freeware that's like fraps?
It would help me a lot. If I can't find any screen capturer I probably have to go with this.

Goddamn it, I keep forgetting about User 18's Pokèmon. D: alright, I'll edit now.

User 18, take Depressed the Seedot. Yes, this Seedot is related to ShinySkarmory's Seedot, and like her, Depressed has major emotional problems. With the capturing of her parents, and since Emo was caught by Skarm, Depressed is now all alone until you find her and capture her. Now, this Seedot is petrified of death, since she was the one that found her mother's charred body, so for the first Route after catching her, you cannot use her in said Route. In addition, she's afraid of being set on fire or of being eaten by birds, so she refuses to battle Fire and Flying types. To evolve into a Nuzleaf, she must solo 10 trainer-owned Pokèmon by absorbing their blows, then throwing all their rage back at them threefold. After evolving, she's still afraid of death, but she begins to open up to a friend. Pick one of your Pokèmon, and Depressed bonds to that Pokèmon. Unfortunately, her confidante dies, and Depressed becomes so distraught and overrun with pain, that she will attempt to commit suicide by Fire. Try to solo Flannery, and if she succeeds in besting her, she may evolve into a Shiftry. Now, Depressed is slowly coming to terms with the horrors of the world, and if she survives to the E4, have her solo Sidney, or barring that, have her solo Sidney's Shiftry, who is Depressed's long-lost father. Have fun. :D

Edit: Damn it, I forgot that Nuzleaf/Shiftry is Grass/Dark, but Seedot is just plain Grass. Could that mistake with overlapping types be overlooked? Can't have a Scramblocke without a Nuzleaf! :3 also, forget said Seedot's name if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)