Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
A Starter Pokemon, anyone? lol
Note: Technically this challange has two Pokemon, but one of them is only temporary.

Attend the tale of Sween Dewott
His scales were pale and his whiskers odd
He shaved the bodies of Pokemon
And killed them all for pleasure, my hon'
He walked a path that few walked on
Did Sween
Did Sween Dewott
The Demon Otter of Fleet Street

You want a starter Pokemon? Well, here's a doozy. Get an Oshawott. It has to be male. Name it Benjamin. Now, Benjamin is a simple otter - it likes to shave, as is its job. As soon as it learns Razor Shell, it must keep it. Now, for the second song...

There was an otter and his wife
And she was beautiful
A foolish otter and his wife
She was his reason and his life
And she was beautiful
And she was virtuous
And he was...
Naive
There was another one who saw
That she was beautiful
A pious eagle of the law
Who with a gesture of his claw
Removed the barber from his plate
Then there was nothing but to wait
And she would fall
So soft
So young
So lost and oh so beautiful

That's right, Braviary. Now, you must catch a female Lillipup and name it Lucy. Train it along with Benjamin. But you must attempt to solo the DW Braviary with Lucy. Keep in mind that neither Lucy nor Benjamin can have evolved at this point. Here is where your path diverges...

There are no further restrictions on Benjamin, Lucy can be boxed, and you can go on with your adventure. Congratulations, you ruined the story.

Place Lucy in a box named Cyanide. Now, Benjamin must evolve into Dewott, and change his name to Sween. He must know Razor Shell and Revenge at all times. Whenever he is sent out, he must first use Revenge on his foe, and then polish them off with Razor Shell, or a similar cutting move (if he hasn't killed them already) to make all of Pokemonity pay for Lucy's supposed death. Sween may not evolve into Samurott unless he soloes Grimsley, who he discovers to be the true Judge Turpin. After that, he can evolve, but the restrictions still apply.

Here is a list of moves Sween can learn, though he must keep Razor Shell:
-Razor Shell
-Fury Cutter
-Swords Dance(he is allowed to use this after he uses Revenge)
-Retaliate(it's not 'cutting' but he's still retaliating)
-Frustration(similar reasons as Retaliate)
-Aerial Ace
-False Swipe
-X-Scissor
-Cut

Have fun...if you dare.

Rattata can't learn strength, but raticate can.

Oh, and Present, when you say Beacon must stay in my top 3 highest leveled pokemon, does that include if 4 or more of them are the same level?
If pokemon are the same level, they tie for that spot. Say you have lv 10, 9, 9, 9, 8, 7. Then 10 is first, 9 (X3) is second, 8 is fifth, 7 is sixth.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
An update: I have completed the introductory post with the four pokemon and going on things I'm assuming until the problems in the above post are sorted. I'm still waiting on 2 more pokemon, one somewhere between the 4th and 5th gyms, and one between the fifth and 7th gyms please! I noticed that in my restriction I actually missed out a time/area for you to get me a fifth pokemon, and I have 2 proposed pokemon in catselia (city and sewers) so I'll just go with it! Thanks for the responses guys! No changes needed, yay!

King Seperior
Oh God with Hulk needing to solo Drayden, that means ImBack the Ponyta has to solo Marlon. Well at least it will get the xp boosts. Also, just to be clear, you mean beat the PWT then solo my rival instead of solo my rival during the PWT for it to evole into Lairon right?

And with that I will start working on the eggs for the run. I have to work today so expect the first challange log some time tomorrow.

King Seperior
Oh God with Hulk needing to solo Drayden, that means ImBack the Ponyta has to solo Marlon. Well at least it will get the xp boosts. Also, just to be clear, you mean beat the PWT then solo my rival instead of solo my rival during the PWT for it to evole into Lairon right?
You are correct. After you beat the PWT, Hulk must solo your Rival. Also, I can change the solo to Marlon with the same restrictions if you allow me to add this restriction to him:

Cannot learn non-damaging moves.

Either way, its your choice ^_^

Also, I can change the solo to Marlon with the same restrictions if you allow me to add this restriction to him:

Cannot learn non-damaging moves.

Either way, its your choice ^_^
Yeah, let's go with that, Aggron can learn thunder so it will stand a chance against Marlon, wasn't planning on having it know status moves anyway so the new restriction isn't that big of a deal. I'll get on changing my first post to fit the new rules.

Also, just found out you can't trade over items from 4th gen games so unless Pikachu holds Light Ball in the dream world I might have to change the rules for Pika.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
White 2 Challenge Mode Scramble Update #2

asdfasdfasdf cannot be bothered giving challenges, yet can be bothered to write a scramble update, so sue me or something...

Original Post
Update #1

Gah so I just got a Return TM & teach it to my Sewaddle: Grub. I am told to go to Virbank City or something since there apparently is a Gym there, so I suppose I have to go there, right? Going to Route 20, the annoying Hiker that thinks you are not worthy or something attacks me with a Riolu. . .which fell flat to Grub...Afterwards came a bunch of preschoolers, with the first being soloed by Furious the Psyduck, boosting his Solo count to 1/20. Whee...Then came the annoying Nursery Aide with the Dunsparce. Luckily its Rollout missed...Then came annoying twins, beat them & then I randomly arrive at Virbank...

Virbank started with the band chick complaining to the wannabe actor sailor...Meh, I just head to Virbank Complex, & then solo some Youngster with Furious. 2/20 solos, whee...Nevertheless, I then go into the grass & catch 0MagSlag the IMPISH Koffing, & then catch Shy the IMPISH Magnemite. Fucking dumb natures...Though some good news came around the corner when Rover the Lillipup became Rover the Herdier. Whee! After getting 0MagSlag & Shy sorted requirement wise, I decided to go LEEROY JENKINS & go into the band chick's gym, & her incessant cries of P-O-K-E-M-ON! POKEMON!

So the first two trainers were a bit of a struggle, enter the band chick, & things got harder. Furious fell to Koffing, likewise Grub, but Shy managed to save it against Koffing, before 0MagSlag came in & tanked Grimer "like a champ." Return spam was so useful in giving me Neutral coverage that it eventually won the war against Grimer, but then Venipede showed its face, & mauled 0MagSlag to one side...Then it came to Rover, who kept ramming it. . .Then Poison Point triggered...The turn Venipede uses Venoshock. . .Fuck. So it was all down to the so-called band chick slayer: Shy, to save the day...And it did. And I got the Toxic Badge, or whatever the fuck it is called. Whee! But then Shy got within 3 levels of 0MagSlag...NOOOO!!!!!

So to cap off the update, I teach 0MagSlag Venoshock, & grind it back to keep the 3 level minimum...

Magnemite [Shy] (-)
Lv16 | Magnet Pull | Impish
-Thunder Wave
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Return

Comments: Yeah, it is true. This thing only starred because it can handle band chicks...But yeah, it is okay, I guess...
---

Sewaddle [Grub] (F)
Lv16 | Chlorophyll | Gentle
-Razor Leaf
-String Shot
-Bug Bite
-Return

Comments: Gah, I am still annoyed that I cannot use this against everything...At least it does something...
---

Psyduck [Furious] (M)
Lv17 | Cloud Nine | Bold
-Disable
-Scratch
-Confusion
-Water Gun
2/20 trainers soloed

Comments: ...Unlike this bloody Bold thing that does shit all generally. At least the Breeder comes up soon, so... Current LVP.
---

Herdier [Rover] (F)
Lv17 | Sand Rush | Bashful
-Leer
-Tackle
-Odour Sleuth
-Bite

Comments: It is a Herdier. Expect anything less? Although it hardly did anything this update. Current MVP.
---

Koffing [0MagSlag] (M)
Lv19 | Levitate | Impish
-Poison Gas
-Return
-Venoshock
-Clear Smog

Comments: Well, I can live with Poison Gas + Venoshock for now, I guess, but FUCK IMPISH.

Yeah, that is my update: Guaranteed to leave you scrambled & stirred. Whee!

Psyduck is obviously your most valuable team member. At least it provokes some emotions :) Keep it up! and thanks for the update. Also to Alice in Strings,I like the diary idea.

celever, it might be easier if you list the pokemon you already have, instead of us having to read through three pages. Anyway, your mon between gym 4 and 5:

Take a Ducklett and name it Magikarp.

This ducklett has stolen gyarados's nice typing, and feels like it has become one too. It can only learn damaging attacks which gyarados can alos learns (as to tm's like fly, he can learn these, but not use them in battle.) Yes, it may learn all non-damaging moves. (like roost) It may evolve after solo'ing any gym leader of choice, which its typing is not super effective aginst the gym's primary type. (so no clay)

GL

Oh and EDIT, so you can start:
Take an Absol and name it Reaper.

Well then, to keep it simple, but not easy: a grimreaper is a ghost. And we have learned that ghost are untouchable. So, can they touch you? NO, they can not, and this one is no exception. Absol cannot use any physical moves, only special ones (luckily for you its special movepool is quite wide, just learn it some good tm's / move tutor moves like dark pulse, razor wind and dream eater. Just before battling the elite four, you get thunderbolt and flamethrower. Wow, I didn't know it could learn these actually!) Oh yeah, have it beat the dark type elite four (if it is not already solo'ed by another pokemon.) It must at least knock out 2 pokemon of every elite four and the champion.

GL

Celever

i am town
Thanks you Present! Finally, let's get this show on the road! However, what does it mean by 'have it beat the dark type elite four (if it is not already solo'ed by another pokemon.)'? Does it mean if Absol is solo'ed it doesn't have to beat the dark type elite four, or does it mean if Absol solos someone else. Oh, and by beat I presume you mean deal the final blow, not solo or anything? Oh, and sorry for the below double post!

Celever

i am town
So, this is my introductory post for my White 2 scramble! I’ll put up part 1: the beginning tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

First off, is the most important part of any team, the pokemon! So, I’ll put them here for you to see!
Pokemon:
Beacon the Mareep (Submitted by Present): Beacon is my substitute starter (since I don’t really like the starters) but I need to start with Oshawott, just to make it harder when Beacon solos my rival’s starter like he has to every time. As the name suggests, it is my beacon and so must learn Flash ASAP and never forget it, then, it must learn one physical, one special and another move of my choice. It must also solo Elesa and her trainers (fun!) and not fall from my top 3 highest levelled pokemon.

FritoLay the Frillish (Submitted by Sprocket):
FritoLay doesn’t like water or ghosts, so it doesn’t want to use any moves of those types (if you’re unsure that’s a clever way of saying it can’t use STAB) – except for surf, it’s favourite hobby! Despite this though, it doesn’t like using it in battles on its own, and refuses to use it in single battles. However, FritoLay understands how important gym battles and battles against the elite four are, and it will momentarily conquer its fear and ride the wave for the battle. Strangely enough, FritoLay likes electricity, but it not understanding the effect it has is preventing it from evolving. In order for it to evolve, it must faint from Beacon’s discharge, be revived by a (max) revive and then to level up. Its new-found knowledge will let it evolve.

Vee the Eevee (Submitted by Pika25):
As you should all know, any Eevee called Vee are particular about how they evolve. The natures given to them by Arceus determine final form. This means that if my Eevee likes speed or is serious, it becomes Jolteon. If it likes special attack or is bashful then it becomes an Espeon. If it is well-protected against physical attacks or is Docile then it becomes Umbreon. If it is protected against the elements or is quirky then it becomes a Vaporeon (I personally work best with these, so I want a quirky one!) and finally if it loves to tackle and hit, or is hardy, it becomes Flareon. Vee is also only able to learn one STAB attack, one non-STAB attack a move that doesn’t damage and something else because this particular Vee is unique! This Vee also feels that as a final form, whichever it ends up as, that it has a duty to perform during the E4. This means that Vee really wants to solo at least 2 elite four owned pokemon as it's final stage!

Top% the Rattata (Submitted by King Serperior):
Top% the Rattata is the top percentage of Rattata (shockingly) – at least, by his standards. He believes that in order to be the top percentage, you must: 1) Use fangs, claws or whatever else you have for good (in his case fangs) and 2) Be helpful to others. This means that he must know crunch and hyper fang to use your fangs righteously ASAP, while strength and dig let it be helpful to others (thank god, a strength guy). In order to be righteous, he must have the ability run away. He can’t pick on innocent wild pokemon, just because they’re preventing him from running! Of course, the large majority of wild pokemon are evil and should be treated as such, meaning that Rattata must KO them for the Vullabys/ies. In order to be especially helpful, Rattata needs to solo both Marlon AND Shauntal, who he believes to be the strongest members of the Unova league!

Magikarp the Ducklett (Submitted by Present):
Gyarados was once I unique pokemon – especially it’s typing. Well, until generation 5! Ducklett came along and stole it from him! However, this particular Ducklett hasn’t quite realized that 2 different species of pokemon can have the same typing, so Ducklett only acknowledges use of damaging attacks that Gyarados can also learn. However, he feels he is a special Gyarados, one that can learn fly, though not use it in battle, but also one that can learn status attacks other Gyarados’ can’t. Ducklett also likes to be fair, but also likes a challenge. He finds these important qualities in a Gyarados, and so needs to solo a gym whose typing is not weak to his STAB (so no Clay) in order to evolve! Of course, this duck is delusional, but I like these resrictions! Thank you, Present.

Reaper the Absol (Submitted by Present):
As you know, we can’t touch ghosts. Does this mean they can touch you though? No! So, Absol can’t learn any physical attacks! He can learn special attacks though, as well as status attacks. It’s a shame though, Absol’s base attack stat is 55 more than his special attack stat! Damn! Absol is very stubborn though, aside from it only knowing special attacks, he demands to KO at least 2 of the elite four and champion’s pokemon. Not as a whole, each! I have a feeling I’ll be needing lots of max revives.

Hey celever, I like the way you have re-written the challenges as your introductory post.
One tiny note on ducklett though, wingull / pelipper are also water-flying (but hey, ducklett is mentally challenged and believes to attack like a gyarados!)

Be sure to check the original challenge posts, as your summaries do not include all restrictions, despite being really nice to read!! If you already planned on doing so, just ignore this part of my post, I just thought I had to let you know in case you are not planning on doing so and read over some restrictions.

On Absol: It has to solo the dark type elite four, unless it conflicted with another challenge. But seeing as I made you kill 2 pokes of every elite four and the champion, just leave it and kill 2 pokes of every 4 elites and 2 of the champion. (Yes, that adds up to 10 pokemon) By kill, I mean solo. You might need some revives agaisnt the fighting elite four, but hey, look at how couragious it is!

I am looking forward how you'll fare with a team with three pokemon I gave you (yahoo!) ;0

Celever

i am town
I would like to point out that it's Marlon AND Shauntal. OR doesn't apply :P
Oh, sorry! XD

@Present, I thought I had included them all, I'll go back and double-check them. I added in the fact that he needs to solo a gym leader that isn't clay, but that is the only thing I've seen that I missed. Feel free to tell me any more though! I've just finished the pre-game stuff by the way! (I'm writing an essay write now though, so the first proper may not be until tomorrow).

Mantyke and Mantine are also Water / Flying.

Here's another update from me, just before I fight Blaine:

With nothing else to do on the main continent aside from take on Koga, I headed to Fuchsia City to do just that. The gym trainers themselves were harder than I remembered them and Koga, bizarrely, a lot easier. I think it's because of the Kadabras and Hypnos that they have that he doesn't have. There's just nothing scary about a gym leader who's using Smog against you. Opera didn't even have the mighty Smog to fear, as it put everything to sleep with Sing before double-edging them to death. Another badge and another wonderful wonderful performance by Opera who I like more and more after every battle.

On my way to the Seafoam Islands, some amount of my love for Bulbapedia was restored as it beat every trainer on the way with Razor Leaf. It does say a lot that it can't really do enough against things that resist it or that it isn't weak against though. I tried using it in Koga's gym every now and then, but it was either facing poison types that it couldn't really damage or taking 40%+ of its HP when Drowzee or Kadabra used Confusion on it. However, on the way to Seafoam, it rocked. Everything went down in one hit and nothing landed a hit. It was gorgeous.

In the Seafoam Islands we met Forgetful the Slowpoke - the fifth member of the team! It was such a long time since we'd met anyone to become a permanent member of the team that I almost forgot to go and get it out of the PC when I got to Cinnabar Island, going into the Pokémon House without it on the first visit. I didn't do a lot else in Seafoam tbh, as I was out of PP on Razor Leaf before then and couldn't be arsed catching Articuno.

When I did finally get to Cinnabar, after Fly used Fly on every pokémon inbetween, the first thing to do was to catch a Ponyta. This actually proved quite hard, as Forgetful did just under 40% with Psychic but lowered its Special, meaning I was KOing it the next go. In the end I put one to sleep with Opera and then used Tackle a couple of times with Bulbapedia - still a worthwhile attack after all! After catching it, we called it Disco Feet. It was nice to have a full team of six after all this time. :D

The first step of Disco Feet's journey was going to be to solo Lt. Surge - something I assumed would be easy as it was overlevelled at level 32. This wasn't the case though, as its moveset is pretty poor. It only knows Ember, Tail Whip and Stomp at that point, and that just narrowly avoids a OHKO on his Pikachu, who managed to paralyse me with Thundershock, making his Raichu a lot more challenging! It used Thunderbolt twice as I Stomped my way to victory, leaving me with a 1HP paralysed Ponyta! Still, I got the full solo, so Disco Feet will be allowed to evolve when it finally gets to level 40. I'm also finally able to fly outside of battle with the acquisition of the Thunder Badge.

Back to Pokémon House, to do some all important grinding before Blaine, and before I take him on I leave you with the following team, once again in order of least to most valuable:

Disco Feet the Ponyta

Level 36

-Ember
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Growl

This is going to be the least valuable pokémon throughout the entire scramble. Crap movepool which I'm not allowed to improve with TMs, caught it late on, it having to solo Surge to evolve meant I couldn't fly outside of battle until this late point, and I'm going to have to solo a couple of E4 pokémon with it, that don't belong to Agatha, Bruno. Hopefully I can use it against Exeggutor, but even that'll be a pain with only Ember or Fire Spin as supereffective attacks.

Forgetful the Slowbro

Level 40

-Surf
-Psychic
-Amnesia
-Blizzard

So I'm really looking forward to finding out how annoying to use this is now it has Amnesia. It's only just learnt it and evolved, so I've given it three Special moves to sweep with in the hope that with boosts, forgetting one of them for the duration of five battles won't make much difference. I'm going to have to use it very very carefully during the E4 though, as I don't want it forgetting all its moves by the time I come to Lance, who I want to be able to use Blizzard against! Need to spend more time with Forgetful for it to advance up my most valuable list, but I think it'll end up in the top three if it isn't too annoying.

Fly the Pidgeotto

Level 44

-Quick Attack
-Agility
-Wing Attack
-Fly

About to solo Blaine with this. Not that nervous, I don't think he'll be able to beat me, but I'm just tired of how one dimensional it is. Come on evolution.

Bulbapedia the Ivysaur

Level 46

-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Tackle

The only reason Bulbapedia didn't slip below Fly was that it soloed almost every single pokémon on either side of Seafoam Islands and contributed to catching both Forgetful and Disco Feet. I've picked up the Solar Beam TM and I'm toying with the idea of teaching it to Bulbapedia so that it can evolve earlier than level 54. Of course then I'd have to learn Hyper Beam, and set my battle style to Set, which would be annoying at the moment as I'm going to have to be switching Disco Feet out quite a lot as I level it up. Maybe when Disco Feet catches up I'll evolve it.

Opera the Wigglytuff

Level 47

-Sing
-Body Slam
-Double-Edge
-Rest

Still awesome. Can seem to take on literally anything apart from Fighting types. Not a lot to say that I haven't already said before, and I think it might even be a powerhouse in the E4 now.

Random the Gyarados

Level 46

-Surf
-Body Slam
-Leer
-Substitute

Also still awesome and pretty much untouchable.

Shyguy: DW Pikachu can hold Light Ball. If you want one, check my Pokécheck and DL my Pika. It should hold one when taken out. Not only would you need it to breed Volt Tackle, you would also need it on the newly-evolved Pika.

Celever: Did you not forget about Vee's solos?

Celever, at Beacon you missed:
1. it cannot leave your partner (it is your beacon)
2. the three moves besides flash (one physical, special and one of your choice) must be of three different types also.

That, including the Ducklett solo and my last post (on Absol's solo's), is all you missed.

Another update seeing as all I'm going to be doing before the E4 is all the grinding.

So I believe I was about to tackle Blaine before signing off last time. I decided to put that off a little bit as grinded some more, to get Disco Feet and Forgetful up a little more. Grind grind grind. There is literally no way to make this more interesting - it's boring enough playing it. When Disco Feet eventually hit level 39 it learnt Fire Spin, which is actually good in this generation, especially what with the Ponyta line's speed. I got bored of this soon enough and decided to grind the two up in Blaine's gym instead.

Generally speaking Disco Feet could manage fine, as anything it faced either used Roar or Ember against it. Stomp here and there, and a very occasional switch to Forgetful to Surf something to death.

When I made it to Blaine, the battle was even easier than I imagined it would be. Fly could only use Fly, but the laughable AI made it a piece of piss for me - Blaine seems programmed to use Super Potion if he predicts damage coming, meaning he was using it when his pokémon had taken no damage as I flew into the air. Critical hit on Rapidash, and his Arcanine used Roar against me, meaning I actually soloed him without taking a single hit. I think he only attacked me once. Absolutely ridiculous gym. In the course of this battle Fly levelled up and evolved afterwards. Phew, I can use... Wing Attack, Quick Attack and Agility now. Yay.

Straight to Viridian City after this. Giovanni's gym was pretty simple as well, thanks to Forgetful's Psychic and Surf. Not a lot could do any damage to it as they all use physical moves and despite not boosting Special with Amnesia just yet (I'm scared!) my attacks did enough damage to get at least a 2HKO on everything. When I got to Giovanni I had to use Random again. This would seriously be a lot worse if I didn't go into every battle with Giovanni knowing I had a type advantage and that his strongest moves didn't affect me. If I'd got unlucky on the Surf vs Strength dice roll earlier, these battles would be a lot tougher, I guess. I swept him easily, only Nidoking and Nidoqueen even surviving a single hit. Go Random.

Then for the long slog through Victory Road. On the way I met my rival again, who at long last had a team that looked slightly intimidating. He really needs to evolve his Exeggcute though. Random beat Pidgeot and Rhyhorn, and a combination of Disco Feet and Forgetful finished off the others. Especially impressive was Forgetful soloing his Charizard considering I was 11 levels lower.

I put Opera in the box to withdraw my Strength user, and made it through Victory Road without much trouble. Forgetful, Bulbapedia and Random did most of the work. Ignored Moltres. Disco Feet evolved after learning Take Down.

After I've ground the team up to around level 60 I'll take on the E4 and give proper commentary on every battle. Here's the party as things stand:

Disco Feet the Rapidash

Level 45

-Ember
-Take Down
-Stomp
-Fire Spin

Actually not as useless as I thought it'd be. Stomp and Take Down deal decent amounts of damage and Fire Spin is quite good despite missing more than I'd like it to. I should be able to solo two E4 pokémon plus Exeggutor, it's just a case of working out which, seeing as they can't belong to Agatha or Bruno. I don't much fancy trying to take on Lorelei or Lance with Disco Feet! HMM.

Fly the Pidgeot

Level 48

-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Agility
-Quick Attack

Did a good job against Blaine, but he was the least challenging seventh gym leader I've ever faced. I always forget just how terrible he is. Now that I have access to other moves I see how little I'm going to use them as Fly is generally fast enough not to need Quick Attack. Wing Attack is inferior to Fly as the AI is so fucking poor.

Bulbapedia the Ivysaur

Level 48

-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Tackle

Sort of handy towards the end of Victory Road when Forgetful was running low on PP but nothing special. Meh.

Forgetful the Slowbro

Level 45

-Surf
-Psychic
-Amnesia
-Blizzard

Considering that I still haven't had to use Amnesia, and that I don't plan to use it in the E4 until Agatha, I won't really find out how damaging the Amnesia-dice-roll rule is unless I lose Psychic and get confused on the same turn or something awful like that. I guess I'd prefer to lose Surf, as I'd kind of like to retain Blizzard for Lance, but it won't be the end of the world, as he's beatable with a variety of strategies. So far Forgetful has been fantastic. The only thing letting it down is its speed.

Opera the Wigglytuff

Level 47

-Sing
-Body Slam
-Double-Edge
-Rest

Haven't actually used it since the last update as it was boxed so that I could use Strength in Victory Road. It'll be the hardest pokémon to grind up seeing as I have a choice between using it in Victory Road against Rock or Fighting pokémon or returning somewhere where the pokémon aren't of those types but are lower levels, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

Random the Gyarados

Level 49

-Surf
-Body Slam
-Leer
-Substitute

Blah blah blah awesome. Soloed Giovanni for the third time and dealth with my rival in no time at all.

Celever

i am town
I'm proud to present, the story of Altaver, edition 1:
Hi, Altaver here! I’ve just completed the pokemon league and have become the champion of Unova, but before anything else I want to share my story with you! My pokemon team ended up full of, dare I say it, odd-balls, with and Eevee who decided what to evolve into by its nature, and a Ducklett that thinks it’s a Gyarados? Yep, definitely a weird team, but you can’t help getting attached to them! They’ve fainted, failed, prospered and succeeded for you, just for money and a title! Of course, they get a kick out of battling, but I still wonder if I’m not putting my friends through too much… Away from that though, and I’ll introduce you to my birth-place, Aspertia city, where my journey all began!

It was a glorious morning, sun-shine seeping into my room through the cracks in the blinds. I got dressed, cleaned and ready to go, but as I was emerging from my bed-room I was intercepted by my Mum. She just came out bluntly with “Do you want a pokemon?” Of course, I was surprised, it was completely out of the blue, she told me I wouldn’t be able to get one until I was 13! Of course I said yes and she seemed quite glad. However, she then asked about pokedexs, I was unsure what they were, even after the lectures at the trainer school, so I replied: ‘No.’ She clearly wasn’t going to take no for an answer, and her stare glued me into place while she scolded me about being more agreeable, so I just said ‘yes’ to get out of there and maybe see my buddy, Dark, but she then told me to go and find a ‘big green hat’. Oh..Kay, this is new. But then she explained that she’d give me my very first pokemon! After that I was more than happy to oblige, so I headed on out of there in search of my pokemon! On the way out, Dark’s sister ran into me with Dark just behind and after a quick chat Dark decided he’d help me look for this big green hat, and so we set off! We looked everywhere for this mysterious lady! The trainer school, the pokemon centre, and as we were about to give up, Dark had an amazing idea! He thought this lady might be up in the tourist’s spot above town, so we headed on up there and up the stairs and voila! As if by magic she was there! She introduced herself as Bianca, and then asked me if she knew where Altaver was! Awkward… I said yes, and somehow she realized it was me. Now, that did unnerve me a bit, here having a full-body description of me or something, but I played along, since I was going to get my very first pokemon from this wacko! She then presented me 3 pokemon! Oh, wow! I get 3, this is amazing! Then she told me to pick one of them. DAMN! So close. In the end, after much deliberation with myself, I chose an Oshawott. Anyone who says he isn’t cute is lying; however, he looked tough with that razor sharp shell attached to his stomach as well! I hear it’s detachable! I was planning to give all of my pokemon a name, of course I was, but for a moment my mind just went completely blank, so I decided not to give him one! She then gave me a gizmo and told me it was the promised pokedex. I faked some gratitude, knowing that I wasn’t going to ever use it and put it in my bag. Hey, she bought it! Great! Then my rival came and started saying: “Oh wow an oshawott! Take really good care of it, k? Make sure you blah blah blah.” Finally he noticed the pokedex I was putting in my bag, and ran over to Bianca to get one too! Ugh. I just got a pokemon! Let me battle with it! Blah blah blah… Dark achieved a pokedex! Yay… Oh wow, two sentences and we’re in a battle, this is on! Oh come on!! He has a Snivy!? I didn’t skive enough lessons in trainer school, so I know that grass is good on water. Damn… Should have gone for Tepig… I am going to need to learn a lot. I finished my first battle with 3 HP left; that Snivy is just too quick! Damn. Anyway, onwards and upwards! I won, and Oshawott levelled up already! After I won, I got an all-expenses-paid tour of… A pokemon centre. Yipee! A meeting outside the pokemon centre between myself, my mum, a friend’s sister and a random stranger I’ve just met. I’ve had worse! Brilliant, a tutorial on how to catch a Pokemon… Anyw- Oh, yes Grimsley? Yeah, uh-huh. Oh right. Sorry guys, I have my very first challenger as champion! I’ll tell you more of my story tomorrow! But make sure you’re here! Bye!

Feedback will be much appreciated!
@Jangrafess, I noticed you still need a pokemon for your heartgold scramble. I also had a look for your restrictions but couldn't find them, so if you get me your restrictions then I'll give you your final pokemon!

@Jangrafess, I noticed you still need a pokemon for your heartgold scramble. I also had a look for your restrictions but couldn't find them, so if you get me your restrictions then I'll give you your final pokemon!
Damn, you're right, I've not really put actual restrictions anywhere! It's a medium-hard challenge, without many restrictions. I'd like a relatively unusual pokémon for the last slot if possible, as so far 4/5 of them are quite common. Thanks so much! I reckon I'll end up starting it tomorrow, as I'm going to finish my Red Scramble in the morning - nearly finished grinding!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)